Hi Holla Forums I'd like to shill this Doom 2 mod called Total Chaos...

Hi Holla Forums I'd like to shill this Doom 2 mod called Total Chaos. I just discovered it last week and had some fun playing it.

The mod isnt finished yet but you can download a beta with the first two chapters from moddb. According to the developers blog the full version will be released sometime this year.

It's very well done, you should try it if you have the time.

Other urls found in this thread:

doomwiki.org/wiki/Strange_Aeons
moddb.com/mods/total-chaos
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's not Doom 2

I like how people continue calling gzdoom creations "doom mods". Its not an actual doom engine.

You couldn't even make a modern game in the Doom engine, the entire engine was 2D with a complex renderer that make it look 3D.

if i wanted pretty graphics I'd boot up my PS4 and play uncharted 4 or horizon.

Yes, but various shell engines were created to emulate doom with 3d graphics. Its not like you even need fucking doom itself at the point mods like those are made. You're just abusing that shell engine and its opengl/direct3d graphic options. Might as well make your own game. But no, since everyone is going to call your game a shit, you are going to call it a "doom mod" to get more attention and gather portfolio.

I guess its kind of impressive how far it has come but whats so special about this?

This is pretty much that unless you mean coding an engine from scratch like a retard.

Hipsters, nerds and attention whores.

There are plenty of engines to choose from instead of doom.

According to the blog this mod has been in development for a decade, maybe he didnt have any better options back then or started as a smaller project.

WOW WHY DIDN'T HE USE ANOTHER ENGINE AND MAKE HIS OWN GAME????
Holy fuck I hate summer

When will this meme die

Hello dev. Your shit project looks like garbage anyway and brings nothing to gaming except hipsters getting wet.

I'll pass

Buzzwords are no excuse for not choosing the best possible engine to work on.

Quake maps isn't game development you nigger
Get fucked, next you'll ask whats the point of Doom and Tetris being ported to every device that has ever existed you fucking nigger.

Considering he doesn't intend to sell this its either Game Maker or Unity.
Such great engines are they not?

I can smell the butthurt, that you are starting to change subjects. The fact in matter that bunch of people consider subject of the thread impressive work, when its just waste of time and zero originality, despite dev trying to pull as hard as he can gzdoom to even call his garbage a "doom mod".
I fucking bet as soon as this comes out it will be a huge youtube bait as well (le dark survival horror theme and all).
Its not Doom II mod, that's the first lie. The second lie is that this project is anywhere near being impressive. Deal with it.

Amazing

That you Sgt Mark you brazilian shitter?

Why does this need doom2.wad to run, though? Not familiar with how Doom mods work, but shouldnt it need the wad only if it reuses some of the sprites?

There's literally no other reason you'd be sperging out this hard that we don't want to play it, we're not stupid user

It's a pretty good horror-ish adventure thing. I like it. I don't know about the licensing on GZDoom (should be entirely FOSS now, right?) and if you can use it for proprietary or commercial projects.

IIRC it uses a few sounds and the enemy AI from Doom 2.

Tell me honestly, you really like this shit? Its worse than countless amnesia clones. You wander around dark corridors reading shitty notes and hearing spooky sounds.
And every kid who plays this screams HOW IS THIS A DOOM MOD, SO IMPRESSIVE.

I don't care too much about that though, i have video games to play.

GZed always needs a base Doom .wad to work with

I can't even use Scratch efficiently.
I don't even care about the shitty fucking game that only looks good and has slow as fuck singleplayer.
I just want to call you retards for what you are, retards

Yeah, its atmospheric
Reminds me of Penumbra

These retards are a whole new level.

Looks cool, I'm interested.

I lost all interest.

If I could ignore the gimmicky novelty but enjoyable game and shit on your retarded dramafagging.
You fags aren't even talking about the game but how the nobody developer that no one gives a fuck about is using a barely known project for a supposed portfolio.

You don't even pretend to not be the dramafag cancer that shits up the Doom threads from time to time.

Still don't know how too, I remember this fucking thing being talked about as early as 2012.

OP is a retard for posting an unfinished mod but people could pick at that instead of complaining about OP being the developer trying to market to a userbase who's only got a fraction of a chance to take interest compared to cuckchan or reddit who'll buy unfinished shit up wholesale because they're fucktarded consumers.

holy fuck what happened to this thread

the mod looks fine, I'll check it out. What I've been playing recently has been this: doomwiki.org/wiki/Strange_Aeons

it's not a bad total conversion with good level design and monster placement. Lot of gameplay here too. There was another purer horror Doom mod but I can't remember what it was called off the top my head

This thread is gay and I just made it gayer.

Look OP that totally hasn't switch IPs twice, no one would care if you earnestly and honestly just shilled your own mod in a doom thread, people would probably still call it shit, but we wouldn't call you a fag for being such a bitch about us not liking it, this is just pathetic, how much longer are you going to keep replying to posts that you tottaly don't care about? The answer is because it's your mod and you're butthurt we're calling it shit user, no one who doesn't like or wasn't actively involved in something like this would defend it this hard.

One retard with a proxy or two retards who're - Hahaha
What a fag.

Not OP. But I can see you're likely projecting and are talking to yourself and now suspect OP and me of doing the same.
As self aware as a summerfag can be. Go back to cuckchan.

Looks interesting, kind of reminds me of Penumbra.
The fucking chromatic abrasion in those screenshots is making me nauseous though, there better be an option to turn that shit off.

The thing is, we already have a doom thread, you could easily just shill it there, but no, that wouldn't get the attention your, and or OP's Epeen needs, kill yourself.

Kill yourself you fucking retard

As soon as it will come out it will be Brutal Doom 2.0. I can already smell it in the air. Community will be begging for more 3d mods like this.

Excuse me you goat rimming cucklord but you were shitposting and bumping this topic long before I came to the thread and if you didn't want to attract attention you would've saged, if you even know how you lowtier attentionwhore.
Really you should lurk a little more if you want to fit in, I'm not the only one who can smell your pathetic desire to fit in.
When you die someone should put a hungry baby crocodile in your coffin so you can go out how you lived, gutless and covered in shit.

Brutal doom wasn't so bad but it raised standards and set trends I saw other wads trying and failing to emulate for some time.
I really enjoyed the feel of brutal doom but there wasn't much more to set it apart from everything else in my book, daemonsteel will always be toptier.

Didn't the modmaker get so butthurt at a "racist" joke in the BD source code he made his mod purposely spawn a million invincible skeletons if it detects BD in the load order?

I haven't played DOOM in a couple years so I wouldn't know if it was recent but that never happened to me, the mods themselves wouldn't work together at all since they both completely change weapons and enemies.

Amazing

Its honestly probably an user making shit up that mod is fucking O L D and there'd have been some red flags long before now if that's the kind of person the dev of daemonsteel was. Do research for yourself if you're interested. Plenty of anons are completely full of shit.

Did you know that even in true 3d games the image displayed on your monitor is 2 dimensional?

If it's the guy I'm thinking about he also worked on Hdoom and made it so Brutal Doom wouldn't work with it either. I think it's because BD used assets he made without giving credit and because rabid BD fans kept asking for compatibility.

Nigger Terminus posts here, why the fuck would he give a fuck about racist remarks?
He got pissed off at kiddies asking for BD in Demonsteele, so I can believe he did that, but why the fuck would it be motivated by "anti racism?"

This is like 6th time I hear gospel about this shit, next I'll be hearing shit about the autistic Temple of the Lizardmen dev because some autist feels is shitting on anytjing he himself isn't developing.

All modders seem to be whiny bitches that throw a tantrum at the drop of a hat.

It could have been anti white racism?

How would Hdoom even work with BD?

Amen to that, holy fuck

Read the thread

I'm pretty sure the BD guy dropped nigger a few times around.

It wouldn't, but that doesn't stop people from asking for compatibility for every mod under the sun. Because BD is just
THAT GOOD

It's flat, not fucking 2-dimensional.

That reminds me of Misery
As soon as that shit released I knew it would be the next BD.

The image on the screen only has an X and Y component though.

Thankfully that mod is also only played by plebs.

Misery is shit though, and the Misery dev is a greedy kike.

I may be mixing things up, but I remember a big drama about racist comments in the BD source code and then this thing with demonsteele spawning revenants as some specifically anti-BD middle finger.

The image is flat, not 2D.
A 3D object cannot lack a third dimension.
The LEDs in your screen have measurable height, width and length.

Searching a bit, I found a thread in the zdoom forum and it's all about people asking for BD compatibility.
SgtMarkIV writing "nigger" in the code was also a thing but apparently it had nothing to do with the compatibility drama.

There's been far more drama surrounding the BD dev than just that.

The LEDs do, but not the image we perceive. We can't really see the depth of light.

Thank god for CoC
Misery is barely known now thanks to it and the devs and community are pretty based along with the content.

I remember SgtMark making some statements that the redditors who followed at the time considered "racist" so that might be it.
I'm pretty sure Terminus made that BD shit when people were asking for everything in BD as a joke.

You're probably mixing up the two

D U B S

Yeah I was.
There's too much modding drama to keep track of.

The image you see is still 2D
No different from drawing a cube in a flat piece of paper.

But the image on the screen can and does lack a third dimension.

If your monitor was 1080 pixels by 1 pixel technically its 1 dimensional even though the line has a thickness.

Strange Aeons suck, not recommended.

Strange Aeons is nice, nigger.

If this is made in gzdoom, are there mods that give a similar look to the original Doom 1\2?

wrong.

right.

And here comes the part where you explain this oxymoron.

All I want is to replay Doom with those looks.

everything is 3d, only some things lack a d, thus becoming 2d, ERGO something 2d is automatically 3d.

Nice grammar nigger

Those 2D "things" are not objects, they are projections. A graffiti is 2D, but if you discount the paint thickness, it is technically not an object. It is just a projection on one of the surfaces of its supporting wall/column/etc.

Yeah
Trannies

wrong.

i'm not OP but it takes 2 seconds to google you dumb fucking nigger

moddb.com/mods/total-chaos

Gauge