so surely being at 0 should be the last chance because I have no extras

Discuss.

acceptable if the counter starts at 3

0 lives means 0 lives.

Devs often do
if (lives < 0)

when it should be

if (lives

What are you gonna do if you die with no extra lives?

they know you have no life, so even reporting '1' means you have more than you deserve - and then you go and blow it

I guess I never really thought too much about what each enemy did to kill him, I just chalked it up to a general "getting hit." Huh.

You mean extra guys?
At 0 you're playing the last extra guy so it makes sense to me.

that's a good point

Isn't a pipe a hole?

Mario is a plumber, pipes are no obstacle to him

Depends on what the life count represents.
If it represents lives in reserve, like any reasonable game, it should hit Game Over only after you die when it hits zero.
The alternative, using the life count to represent your total number of lives, has seen no use, at least in the games I have played which included a life counter.

Lives represent how many savestates / time travels the character has until losing

We can't even get the entire human race to agree on what number to start at. We're not ready for space.

Fucking ameriniggers and their retarded ideas.

Why does mario die when he touches an enemy? Why is he allowed to touch them with his feet and not die?

magic boots

Extra life means you get one more life when you pick up the extra life token nigger. Appropriate pic, btw.

Zero is not a natural number, end of story, there is nothing to agree or disagree here.

This fuckery only started when math literally started making shit up because they cant explain stuff like dividing by zero or zero exponent.

And ironically, you get a 0/10, nice try user.

So, you stand at counting at 1,2,3,4,5.
Not counting via 0,1,2,3,4,5.

Interesting!

It's the same in the JP manual.

That depends on your definition of natural number.
Dividing by zero is undefined retard. Mathematicians don't try to explain it.

this. it's unreasonable to expect a game's protagonist to continue on when the death becomes real.

Turbodweeb who never got past Algebra 2 detected.