Team Fortress 2 Vintage: MS paint logo edition

TF2V, what is it?

TF2V stands for Team Fortress 2 Vintage, a Holla Forums made version of TF2C with all the gay shit removed and the game restored to stock TF2. The aim of TF2V is to recreate 2007 TF2 before Valve fucked it up. The project is working towards open source and plans to remove the need for steam

Downloads

Full game (comes with hotfix):
mega.nz/#!GUsB0IiS!uM-jNMsPIPUtXT3G2JnvOVX16n9NlWyisDeupdcAay0

Mega is shit and I don't want to download their shit plugin:
github.com/megous/megatools
Then use these, megatools are a set of applications run through CMD to do things such as download from mega. A readme for each exe is included in the package on their site. By default the megadl tool downloads to where it is unless specified.

TF2V GIT REPO
github.com/TF2V/TF2Vintage

DED GAME LOL
Right now no one but Holla Forums seems to be aware this exists, so best we can do is spread the word about it.

Why not TF2C?
Because the devs went full retard and deviated from what TF2C wa meant to do, instead they added a 4 team deathmatch mode no one really seemed to enjoy and useless hats and weapons. Also the lead now is a disgusting unstable tranny

Something something Alphablaster
That faggot is no where near here.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!IrJHyJiK!-U9fLMW4hTgCFBaYh9xPIWWjx-TmjNXy-C3O09UDjd4
bir3yk.net/forum/topic_179/.
developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Command_Line_Options.
bir3yk.net/forum/topic_180/.
facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1570537
mediafire.com/file/0kv610d3jbewp20/buildables.7z
mega.nz/#!DQUEgI5b!tFCpOaRryU-mEguezMtspMEv935Shm47TxTgnW76pn8
wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Talk:Team_Fortress_2_Vintage
github.com/NicknineTheEagle/TF2-Base
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fork_(software_development)
github.com/danielmm8888/TF2Classic
github.com/ValveSoftware/source-sdk-2013/blob/master/LICENSE
mega.nz/#!mRRBxQra!Pzh1Db8gsFscF402HwbnTss7HxQgl-HT4IK2syDa3s8
developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Source_SDK_2013
mediafire.com/file/129k9cttyt333i2/spy_fix.7z
discord.gg/4hfzqzw
sweetfreestuff.com/free-stuff/
mega.nz/#!uNtD3bKD!BSMkaJkVs8vwBU4iIkNH33xqDfQPMDi_Uco6QALqMMI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Here is how to install revemu on windows, i.e. make it no-steam. Technically this needs to be done once by the guy who releases TF2V for the next version, so that the game will be standalone and run out-of-the-box. But anyone can do it. I have shit upload speed.

What you need:

1. Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer from steam.

2. TF2V from OP.

3. Revemu package: mega.nz/#!IrJHyJiK!-U9fLMW4hTgCFBaYh9xPIWWjx-TmjNXy-C3O09UDjd4

In case the link goes down, here is the original source: bir3yk.net/forum/topic_179/. Gonna need full package from 27.04.2016. Then an update from 20.01.2017, it's a single dll, goes into game root.

Start by placing tf2vintage folder in Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer, instead of sourcemods. Now Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer can be renamed to anything and placed anywhere, I will be calling it game root.

Optional: fire up the game to make sure everything works by creating hl2.exe shortcut and adding -game tf2vintage. See first pic. You won't need that shortcut after this, you can delete it later.

Extract revemu to game root. Second pic is how it should look like.

Shut down steam and fire TF2V.exe.

That's it, make sure everything works.

You can look through rev.ini. But here are the most important things:

ProcName=hl2.exe -novid -noborder -game tf2vintage -steam -silent /help

Your startup parameters. I added -novid (skips into movies) and -noborder (borderless in windowed more, makes no difference in fullscreen). More details: developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Command_Line_Options.

PlayerName=Anonymous

Self explanatory.

Everything should work as expected. Only no-steam servers will show up in server browser. They also need to have no-steam in sv_tags, if I'm not mistaken.

Hopefully I didn't fuck up. I won't have time to test linux client anywhere soon, so somebody else should do it. Ask here for any advice. Linux revemu: bir3yk.net/forum/topic_180/.

bls join serber
74.91.123.198:27015

Also new vid. got bored

SERVER
247 linux box
ip
Located in New York
Connectable by both no-steam and steam clients

I knew that screenshot was too good to waste.

I also used it onthe TF2V page for the TF2 wiki. renamed the file to make it easier on me. still it captured the essence of TF2 really well

Oh you're the same guy that hosted Halo CE nights. Anyway I don't think its a smart idea to openly state (on youtube) that this game will not need Steam to run properly. Maybe I'm being paranoid and there've been tons of stand-alone SDK mods that turned out just fine this way.
I realize you've only got 165 subs, but you know… just me being paranoid.

Ya caught me. Also I don't care about subs I do it more because it's a "hey I have this recording software and want to record some of my fun". people liking it is a side effect

Still poking at payload in my down time to try and fix the issues with it

yeah I think we should get a custom map pack and keep the rotation small to prevent this. Sorry mate.

also team scramble if it can happen.

You will always have your gains, user until you do cardio

Cardio is tomorrow

fastdl can only be so fast, how shitty is your connection? the good thing is you only have to get the map once

ill get a team scrambling plugin, as far as i know the game doesnt seem to have voting feature

why did someone add the highertower map i mean cmon

The madman!

450kbps at best, although I highly doubt the maps are downloading anywhere near that fast

I've gotta agree though, with how the PL and PLR is handled at the moment though CP. so I'd rather have it taken out for the time being

Yeah, until they can work out the capture system for PL, and fix the maps missing rails all over, id prefer to go without PL.
24/7 hydro server when?

we really need a vote map system for the love of God

already present, do listmaps in console and !nominate + !rtv

We need to play Hydro period

Holla Forumsintage fun has a RTV system in place.

some bugs
This reminds me of the good old days before ammo recharged the spy's cloak, it's kind of nice.

The server got rotated to hydro once, and it was pretty fun. We need hydro with a full server.
I wish there was a way to get the launch tf2 stock maps as alternates. I really want to dick around under the map in gravelpit and do silly shit out of bounds in the old maps.

All known bugs. The git is open so if you can help fix it by all means, otherwise gotta wait on TF2V user to fix em.

That other server should just go full 24/7 hydro then.

We could really use the 2bine map to be honest

Ill add it when i get back home

Report if you got this working. One user had troubles with this on windows 10 serves him right though, we're trying to troubleshoot. Need to make sure this works. As far as I know only I got that working.
Also >I'm an idiot. please laugh at me

i tried it on win7 and got it working, if you dont see any servers in the list you have to refresh a couple of times though

Good to hear, so it is working.
At least on windows 7, we'll have to work with win10 user to figure out the problem.

OK, vintage classes with stock weapons I guess, does it have airblast for Pyro? I didn't play in 2007, what is and isn't in the vintage classes in general?

Stock weapons, there is airblast, pretty much all the maps your know that are good. Right now sentries are broken but other than that it works well enough.

What's wrong with the sentries?

They crash the game currently.

Well shit, sounds weird.

The mod is based of TF2C which unfortunately is buggy as hell. The mod is only about a week old give it time.

removed hightower from the mapcycle for the time being, should i do it for all plr maps? added this and added a team scrambling plugin, not sure if it works yet so report to the thread

right, also if you can keep the map pool small or at least make a map pack.

Maybe we should just limit the map pool to no more than 10 maps just to keep things simple

could rotate out whats being played every so often to keep things fresh too.

So how is this any different from the other TF2-but-better-clone made by Holla Forums donut steele? Will this also have cancer community and therefore die off?

So far it's Holla Forums made in origin and the TF2C group learned not to let people like alphablaster gain footholds. Right now the small community is solid and fine. If the game gains traction we have the Holla Forums servers which if they try to come in they'll just be banned for being faggots.

is there any server right now that got players on it?

You could just play on the console Orange Box. They literally never updated that version of TF2, it's day-one stock.

not at the moment

While it's true fuck it we can have it on PC

Ooooo how did EA fuck it up? i heard about it, i just don't know how they did it

how bad does pyro suck without his puff 'n sting shit?

Pyro is still viable, just because you can't rely on guaranteed crits doesn't make him useless

Is the out of bounds shit patched? I recall every game on the 360 had some nigger engineer who built a sentry outside the map

That was in launch tf2 up til nust before goldrush. This build is based on a 2010-2012 iteration, so yes. I do want those launch maps with the out of bounds exploits available as alternates for funsies. Some of us havent enjoyed matches like that in years.

It was fun to do back then just to piss off the little kids and furries, but it would get old quick in a lobby full of anons

I need to test something on well

COME JOIN US FAGGOTS

9 people on now

Sorry user, cardio comes first.

I have tf2vintage in Steam\steamapps\sourcemods and Source SDK 2013 Multiplayer installed but the game doesn't show up in my Steam library. What am I doing wrong?

Restart Steam

I already have.

Make up your fucking mind, because what you're doing now is like Melee tourneyfaggotry. Only faggot-committee-approved maps, weapons, and hats will be allowed? If you want good ol' TF2 from the days before it went to shit, that's Vanilla. It was garbage the moment they threw off the balance adding stuff and people started idling for drops.

The thing is Orange box TF2 on console has some serious bug issues that vintage aims to fix

How much do you deadlift? No belt.

serber ded

It's up, faggot

Nobodys playing. Its empty.

It just
Died. Fug.

God, Howl's Moving Castle really was a lovely movie.

comfy

TF2C is based off the 1.0.1.8 leaked source code, from early 2008. While on topic, this particular version was recently ported to Source SDK 2013 by Nicknine, and it's probably the best vanilla experience so far. I don't see any future to Vintage, since it's attempting to revert TF2C to what is already available, and I would (personally) recommend playing with the 1.0.1.8 port.

not so dead
we're doing foundry

nevermind

Adding new maps is a good thing

get in here feggets

We could just take the port and use it for our own ends

when does everyone usually get on?

That would be a good idea, we can just use this port for the next version of TF2V or something of that nature. I just want engineers to build sentries again.

it might just be a simple fix of changing the sentry's model

we have 6 people in right now, join or die

It crashes when I try to join that server, the other one works fine

I don't have the link to that facepunch thread. I should try and porting the sentry model from it to TF2V and see if the fix works

facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1570537

SOOOOOOOOOOOO a bit interesting. the guy behind that TF2 original on facepunch is a contributor on the TF2V and his release technically came after TF2V

Anyone else having weird freezes? Game doesn't crash but just freezes

speak of the devil

server crash?

2bine was too much for source

Server crash

like when it launches? are you using the steamless version?

No, just lame freezes in game, i am launching from steam

you're using the version with the hotfix right? what OS ya using?

It's back.

What the fuck

windows 10, this has been happening ever since i downloaded it from the original thread

Seems to be a problem. Windows 10 is a shit platform

yeah. Gonna salvage what I can from it. I might need Holla Forumsintage server user or the other server user to enable sentries for my fix try

I may have fixed the sentry bug I need someone to either join my server or can one of the other servers re-enable sentries on their servers for this test

Oh fug

mediafire.com/file/0kv610d3jbewp20/buildables.7z

I may have fixed it. drop this in your models folder and overwrite EVERYTHING it asks. We had limited testing and I mean limited. but we need to try it

Alright, fuck off.

That's actually a texture glitch, believe it or not

It's a glitch because the game is referencing some textures it sohuldn't, it's at the bottom of the fix list and might get bumped up to under the payload fix up if this sentry fix works

try tinkering with the graphic options and resolution

I'm ready to test it.

I went to sappykun's server and we tested it and no issues. What I did was just did was take the models from TF2 retail and put them in my folders. In any case the "fix" needs serious testing before it gets committed

I'll try this once I get a chance, I've been very busy the past few days so I haven't been able to work on the sentry fix as much as I wanted to.

mp_maxrounds 0
mp_winlimit 0

At least he can lurk.

I know that guy, he pretty much got a facepunch account to help port Gundam models to Gmod and SFM. Nice to see him still around

BUG TESTERS ONLY: ENGINEER BUILDING CRASH FIX COMPILED HERE

The point of this pack isn't for people to play it but rather test out which combination of the low quality models prevents the game crashing due to indices. Anons interested in bugfixing currently with the sentry crash issue: Test out each combination and let me know which combinations work and which don't.

So is this just the fix from or is this your own? I ask because I want to know myself if it's different if it'll fix it. because if we can get a good fix that'd be great

Yes and no. I compiled it based on but I've sorted it out. I'm trying to find out if it's the sentry guns, the sentry gun gibs, or something else causing the crashing.

And what about servers - any EU ones?

sounds fair I just want this bug squashed.

Also, NO FUN ALLOWED.

wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Talk:Team_Fortress_2_Vintage

Knew this was happening. To be fair unless we actively post on plebbit about it we're bound to lose the page, which I don't get because TF2C is all but dead and it still is listed on their site despite this.

Actually interesting note that it's clearly not an issue of space because it seems the page only registers 2kb of data on their own site

This worked. Thanks.
Memesystem is back if you guys truly miss your sentries. Currently on stock maps only until I get fastdl set up, hopefully this week.

seems late at night on the east coast and with my shoddy fix I tested hopefully the next one will work. Untill the git repo includes it I'm gonna put it in the next thread's op

github.com/NicknineTheEagle/TF2-Base i suggest you use this and build from the ground up than stealing old public beta code and calling it new

Only thing left to really do in terms of bug fixes is the spy texture issues. I need to learn hammer and source proper if I want to tackle payload

It's easier to build using TF2C's code than that version of TF2, mainly because most of the gamemode support is already there plus a lot of the QoL upgrades. Being a fork of TF2C makes it quicker and simpler to implement newer content.

There's the payload UI, spy textures and soldier taunt from what I can recall right now. None of those are as gamebreaking as the sentry bugs right now.

I suggest you fuck off until you know what you're talking about.

But tf2c is cancer, why use their code

shh, calm down there sailor, it's gonna be all right. the other user that replied to me had a much kinder, gentler explanation as to why they're using tf2c code.

fucking drooling retard
this is a complete fabrication
there are no hats anywhere in the game, the only place you could possibly see a hat is on Alphablaster's unofficial servers which are displayed via server plugins

you literal foaming hobgoblins, you realize you can pull of literally exactly what you're trying to do by just hosting a private tf2c server and turning off all the actual fun parts of the game using console commands

but nah lets just steal code then claim its our own thing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The TF2C devs are SJW idiots but their code is mostly solid to work with. It's a late enough version of TF2 that it has the content there to make it good except strips out the unlocks and hats of both live TF2 and TF2C.

all power to you, iunno it just seems backwards calling tf2c and the devs a bunch of retards then using their code. if it works, it works then i guess

Who could be behind these posts?

Lmao what the fuck is with the baby rage here

howdy do user

somebody join this empty ass server

what would the ip be though

It's because their work is solid, and it's stable enough to correct into a better version of TF2. The problem is that when it comes to outside of programming and working on TF2C the devs are morons be it attention whores, SJWs, or general douchebags.

One of the side effects caused by TF2C getting popular back in the day is the head dev telling all the server hosters at that time to keep hosting and playing the game or else he would kill himself. Then the head dev replacing him was a corrupt tranny who abused dev conditions on servers and ignored community rules.

protip, you can't "steal" from a project that is open sourced

love the sudden surge in this though it's fucking great.

it might die out as quickly as my dreams to eat the most delicious piece of food that was created

that's fucked, can't they get a functioning human being to lead it? lmao

can you call it yours though?

That's where the problem is, that you have the devs being idiots and then the primary server hoster at that time being such a moron he got a /cow/ thread. By making our own version, it's possible to circumvent the horrible devs working on it since TF2C was kept alive by Holla Forums after a certain point.

Yes. A classic no pun intended case of a software fork.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fork_(software_development)

good point, but does removing stuff constitute "creating a distinct and separate piece of software"?
you should look at the tf2 mod base as much as possible in that case to make removing 4teams easier

see , also on a technicality TF2C isn't their work either and based off a pre-existing game and pre-existing code. So if you want to cry thief it's technically stealing something already stolen.

4 way death match is more or less scrubbed from it. some minor things remain such as textures that when purged will actually reduce the overall filesize.

anyone playing?

Yeah, I'm about to

fucking 2.5gb compressed? wtf how much is it uncompressed?

god fucking damn cancer everywhere

In the process of installing rn, anyone still on for a game?

They can fuck themselves for all I care

technically they're advertising mods and user made content that isn't part of the game by having wiki entries no matter how "notable" they are. If it goes down I'll just remake it over and over

Do we really need a page on some obscure wiki?

Will you guys keep this alive for the next few weeks?

Gotta spread word somehow to keep it alive.

Dunno, but we did fix the sentry and I think a gamenight is in order once we get the non-steam version packaged

Just don't sperg out like Alphanigger. That faggot ruined so much of what TF2C might have been.

Also, nobody ever worked on 3-team or 4-team maps. Those would have been so cool if properly made

Another yuropoor here, game plays… ok at 89 ping.
I do get really frustrated though when I clearly shot somebody point blank and no damage is registered. I know I'm out of shape with TF2, but I know what I see.

honestly the 4 way mode was trash, and it's hard to balance maps around a 4 way. I think a better fit for a game like TF2 is a spies versus mercs situation like in Splinter cell chaos theory

Is it east coast then? 90 ping is somewhat tolerable.

yeah it's east coast

To the person complaining about the lack of laughing titus in the last two TF2V vids I hope this addresses your concern.

I ended up checking fagpunch just to see if any morons promoted it there and they're calling it the same thing as TF2C. Doesn't surprise me considering TF2Cis primarily based on their website.

They're probably upset this has gained slightly more traction than the other mod that is aiming to be vanilla TF2. Facepunch really hates anything off site made if it's not from somewhere kosher

Traction?
From what I understand this mod's been in "public" knowledge for about 2 weeks.

I don't think it's been 2 weeks has it?I think ALMOST a week at best maybe a week and a quarter but not two. I mean outside biting the bullet and putting it up on the TF2 plebbit it won't take off anytime soon

That promo image looks horrible, just take the logo and plaster it on the lower center of a screenshot. Don't separate "Team Fortress 2" and "Vintage" like you did there. And "Team Fortress 2" is streched vertically. If you're going to do this, please put some effort into it.

it was 5 minutes in MS paint.

Holla ForumsINTAGE FUN serverowner, please put menus in the escape menu rather than a pop-up, it's easy to accidentally vote for a map by mistake when you're trying to change weapons

Let's play.

I dunno if vintage re-enabled sentries so I want to test shit more stringently go to sappy's server for now then

Alrighty then. Got an IP?

memesystem.party:27051

it's in the server browser in game

I joining the memesystem server and going to try to test out sentries

Steam validation failed.

SENTRY FIX CONFIRMED FOR WORKING

sentry glitch seems to be fixed, at least on the memesystem server

173.17.10.105:27051

meme server IP

So bit of an oddity, I thought TF2C DM was ripped out of this and while we were testing the sentry fix I spotted a locked VAC enabled TF2C server pop up in the list for a bit before disappearing

On the train right now. God damn I can't wait to play this.

they actually repeatedly said to not steal code. you're just being a dick and trying to steal thunder from a mod that is doing what you aim to do here infinitely better
yes but the tf2c devs got permission from valve you dingus, here you're just stealing code and ripping features out and saying 'look its new'
all the tf2c commands still work and if you add dm maps back you can still play them (albeit borked). its not a fork, its just straight up the equivalent of a sonic OC to Tf2c fampai. you can literally achieve everything you're trying to do here so much easier by literally just hosting servers for tf2c with all the "stupid gay shit" and nonexistent hats that you delusionally rant about disabled using console commands, instead of recoloring the logo and shitly ms painting 'vintage over it' then cutting code and saying "LOOk MOm ItS mY OWn MOD I SWEEEAAAAR!!!!!!"
you're just butt blasted that some alleged sonic erper started banning people (which you all cheered him on for) until there wasnt much of a playerbase left, now you wanna make your own version of the game (which you base entirely off his plug in-ridden server) without blackjack and hookers. go fuck yourself desu

memeserver needs some no-steam

so did you want to play? we like players

Daily reminder your dead game is shit, and it crashes all the fucking time. May you bleed users forever-more, and may OP always be triggered at the fact his game is completely useless, he's an attention whore, and an all-around huge cunt hat nobody likes.

Cry fucking harder, when you publically post code don't be fucking upset.

no shit because it's slowly being removed bit by bit.

No it's also about the devs and their retardation. If you want TF2C go play that, or what's left of it

As an aside: please stop orbital striking the server ip.

so you're doing dirty shit and stealing code then complaining that people are calling you out for it? think some more you edgemaster. whats next are you gonna call everyone in the lobby 'kid' in the deepest voice you can muster? SORRY GUYS YOU POSTED IT LOL ITS OURS NOW LOLOLOLOL GET TROLLED
pic related

It would be a shame if someone reported you to Valve and they C&D'd your sorry ass.

So you fags can't keep some skiddie form fucking up your servers and the you blame it on the first person to call you out on being a bunch of fags in thread?
Nice going. I'm sure you will have a successful game. Have fun stealing code like a nigger.

Not only are you two dumb but anal anguished.

Suuuuure you're not, and I got a bunch of Russian flake twirlers in my back yard.

outside my cheap sentry fix which was just taking another model and slapping it in the directory that's like calling communists capable

you put in pretty much the biggest piece of work to this game (fixing a bug) than any dev yet (all they do is snip bits of code). you might as well be the fucking lead

I think Alphanigger got wind of this. I cannot explain the levels of anal anguish otherwise.

doubt it, this seems more like the "dev" team and circlejerk around tf2c

Either that or disgruntled TF2C faggots. In any case it's fun and I hope TF2V dev user is working on his end as well

Did anyone else crash right as that sentry was killed?

I think that's not going to be an issue.
The first part is that the server isn't making any money. The second part is that the monetary gains created for tf2 by the developers have been entirely removed.
As far as intellectual property rights are concerned, there's free use. Though Vintage rips off Team Fortress 2, it does not have the same, nor claims to have the same, experience as the full game. In fact, a large chunk of the game as it exists has been entirely removed as a feature. Therefore no case may be made for the removal of Vintage on the grounds that it is anything more than a "sample" of the current game in existence.

And I have evidence to prove it.
There's a game called Ace of Spades that had a version freely distributed for "free to play" purposes. The same exact business model is being used in its current form. However there is also a version of Ace of Spades that has been ripped directly from previous versions of the game. These appear as individual IPs to act as servers to play the game as it is. Again, a large chunk of the current game has been removed as a feature of the previous version game. Another example of free use, you see. There have been no records of C&Ds for this, nor any legal action altogether.
Lastly, Ace of Spades is in fact: A steam game.

whoa bro did you just add NIGGER to some sonic erper's name???? bro thats so hilarious an edgee its crazey!!! isnt it fun being pointlessly offensive because you have nothing else to look up to in life

implying your "game" has even a single dev lol

yep, that would be the product of stealing code! :^)

you have the fix installed right? because we just tested it again and no issues for those with it installed

Oh, I'm sorry that I offended your delicate sensibilities by insulting a person who ran TF2C threads into the ground. Surely you aren't alpha or any of his buttbuddies. I tip my fedora to you, m'lady.

nice bait

which patch is that, i have downloaded like 3 of them

the mega.co one

github.com/danielmm8888/TF2Classic
uses this license:
github.com/ValveSoftware/source-sdk-2013/blob/master/LICENSE

It's perfectly legal.

i called him a sonic erper 2 posts ago
retard

"lol its bait but im gonna respond to it anyway XD"

turns out it's the TF2C community or what's left of it that's assblasted at us it seems and doing a piss poor job at being passive aggressive

That's the license of the source SDK, not the TF2 code.

In the end we're not the ones who put what you imply is private tf2 code onto github

Oh fug im in the video! I look damn fine too.

7:36 - 7:49 gave me ptsd
Airblast + shotgun is absolute rape

How many people are in the server? I would love to play this shit if there were others.

meme server is up it's 3v3 right now.

we got a 4v4 right now

Ok, downloading now.

Maybe one of these days I can get a UT4 server going.

>Absolutely refuse to download (((steam)))

sorry man we'll talk to sappy about fixing that because until Holla Forumsintage re-enables sentries we're stuck on this. good news is engy is fixed

FOR THE ANONS WHO TESTED THE PATCH LAST NIGHT

Which set of models for engineer are the ones that work to prevent crashing?

ones borrowed from somewhere on facepunch

we are playing hydro now come join feggets

the mediafire patch is what I'm running I haven't tried yours, both seem to work but I'm suggesting people go with the mega since you're fix seems more comprehensive

He should just need to add no-steam to sv_tags

Sentries enabled on Holla ForumsINTAGE FUN

I walked next to a lvl 3 sentry and my game fucking crashed. Coincidence or not?

install the fix

make sure to install the fix

I tried playing and it froze 3 times in a row within 10 seconds of joining a server.
Did I miss a patch or something?

Any of the servers have players?

you on widnows 10?

I am in Holla Forumsintage fun but I am the only faggot in the server.

Windows 10 causes crashes and freezes

we're on meme server at the moment if you're the no steam user lemme tell the guys or try to convince them to move after this

That's a negatory, pardner.

I tried the fix but it still crashed when I got withing 7 feet of an enemy sentry. Worked when I was engineer for some reason though.

weird

I can steam it up. What is the IP?

lol

Delet this

who could've seen this coming?

Fuck, building my sentry again in the server after it got blown up froze me. Sorry team

Also I can see the sprays of other but not my own.

basically they need to be .vtf files with a height and width with a power of 2, so basically 256x256.

it also needs to be squared. and palced in the SDK2013 MP base

literally who cares? why do you guys let this gaybo rest in your heads to heavy

These fucking tf2c kids spamming their mics. pathetic

mute them in game so all they are doing is doing it to themselves. Just ignore them like Jay says. They're just upset more people are playing Vintage than their game :^)

This is a Furry/Brony friendly server right?

but this is technically still our game

snowycoast crashed the server

u really showed us, 8 people? wew thats a lot of players mate

See, like clockwork :^)

TF2 Vore is very furry/brony friendly fangame. They often host ERP sessions. It's a really wonderful experience.

yeah i noticed, thats now removed, aswell as all plr maps for now

i added 15 maps more, ill look into a better map voting plugin so same maps wouldnt be recycled so much

Lmao tf2c cunts are so triggered rn
I hope this thing keeps getting traction because it would be so hilarious to see it pass tf2c in development

I downloaded the fix, where do i put it?

funny cus we had a server with like 18 people on it earlier lol. genuinely doubt this game will last a month

kind of hard to pass in development when you dont have a developer

fuck off mate, we had more people in that server than you've probably had in the last 3 months.
we probably do need some good programmers though

does the tf2v team have any programmers? if they did, i'll betcha it'd do much better. oh yeah, and i won't be surprised if the next update still has 4-team and dm intact cause i tried it out and it still was there.

fucking newfag, did you actually type out the post number? jesus

also we're just off to a rough start, only been a thing for a couple weeks, of course it's gonna take some time to delete tf2c's stuff

mega.nz/#!mRRBxQra!Pzh1Db8gsFscF402HwbnTss7HxQgl-HT4IK2syDa3s8

tf2v is the source equivelent of a hacked flash game

still smaller than Vintage :^)

It's funny though watching the TF2C circlejerk autistically screech because the code for their mod was forked and stripped of the added on shit.

Might not, I still have Visual studio somewhere on one of my 4 hard drives. Removing the pointers should be easy since it'll be written plain as day. But whatever let them kvetch we'll keep playing our mod and they'll keep screaming at us

don't you have a rope to tie around your neck or tranny cock to suck? Also sage isn't a downvote just so you know.
that isnt how it works

Thats cool and all but where am i supposed to put the sentry crash fix?

oh sorry I should have put this down, go to the TF2V folder and under the models folder you'll see a folder called "buildables" drop the content of the fix into it and overwrite everything. the minor fix I posted on media fire has a bad side affect of fucking with the teleporter's model as it gets placed on it's side but behaves like normal.

Sentry level 3 has some UV mapping errors I need to fix with it's bitmap which takes less than 10 seconds in 3ds max. Still it so far has made it stable

except it is? if somebody open sources something and they dont want you to use it you probably shouldnt use it. if nothing else its a dick move. great insults btw, tranny cock and hang yourself? never heard those before

yfw over three fourths of that server was tf2c kiddies micspamming and trying to make you all mad :7)
AND IT WORKED AHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAA
sad sad Holla Forums jews relying on someone else's content again

If somebody open sources something they lose the right to say who gets to use it. Period.

I don't think you made anyone but yourselves mad by not only flooding a server for a mod you supposedly look down on, but taking the time to reconfigure your mic to spam audio over it.

But I get it we're the angry ones here :^)

Not even the warp can comprehend how stupid this statement was

Forgot to add:
inb4 we're pirating tf2c code

No clearly we are all filthy pirates using an open sourced project based on leaked code wasn't it of a game based on a quake mod.

The chinese bootleg rabbit hole is deep on this. Time to fork vintage and rename the fork Genuine. :^)

Delet this

Ok alpha calm down
pick one and ONLY one.
Also:

why does there have to be so much drama around a tiny little spinoff

because the tf2c and tf2 kiddies are bootyblasted

because alphablaster hosted a server on his own home computer which was shit and everyone had 200ms ping

because assblasted still exists

That's not true. It depends entirely on the licence in use.
TF2C uses the Source 1 SDK License, meaning you can modify the code however you want, as long as you release the software without price. Forking the code wouldn't be an issue in this case.

TL;DR

TF2C circlejerk that's left is upset we took OPEN SOURCED coding their loved devs put out in the wild. Instead of playing their dying game we made our own and removed tangible links to the TF2C content. More or less it's redditors are upset Holla Forums is doing something

what is the meaning of this?

the beginning of the end

What the fuck? Who put this in?
Is this in the repo or the most up-to-date download?

strip em out you don't need them. actually if anything I think it's a holdover. There's references to other wepaons in there that go unused. if TF2V dev user or someone takes the time to strip all the unneeded VTF and VTM files out it'd actually shrink the filesize overall even further.

So again for now just toss those files you don't need em

would recommend deleting them in the next update, especially any code associating with it

fair enough I have the original upload from TF2V dev user and yeah it's hold overs. If you'd strip all that out you'd probably drop a couple MB from the overall filesize. I'll put together a new 7z with the left overs removed

shitting out some quick OC

I haven't quite stripped all of the content out yet, expect the filesize to get smaller as the TF2C content is removed. There will be no minisentries in TF2V.

Also, I was looking at the spy earlier and I think the texture error for him is caused by using the HD models. Anyone tried it using the standard models?

I could try and get back to you. seems they tried to use HD models and it didn't quite work. Probably why those TF2C kiddos wanted DM so badly, because the regular modes are fucked due to the sentry bug.

One of the carry da sapper maps, not cp_vector but the other one, has a bugged doorway that doesn't allow blu to get to the second stage sapper.

Good times, the natural mating call of the Scout

Hey guys im trying to make my own soundspray but I dont know how to reduce the file size or keybind it.

Any help???

actually curious where are these? in the models folder because I can't find them under buildables

It was cp_vector.

Sound sprays are cancer, someone has an autistic screeching one and won't stop using it.

Use audacity. make the track mono instead of stereo, that helps. To keybind it, edit autoexec.cfg in the config folder.

audacity, mono, export as other uncompressed, wav, encoding microsoft adpcm

I fucking love mega, I never download with them yet I'm always over quota.

ok, so dug into this because it's not in the buildables. This is actually models from a hold over during TF2's development when the spawn rooms were supposedly to have turrets inside them in both large and small flavors. that's not the engineer's mini sentry models that's just unused content

use megadl to get around this

developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Source_SDK_2013

for those wanting to help

Which one should I do? All buildings with gibs and models?

it says on le reddit that it can't bypass the bandwith limit anymore

everything in it.

that sucks. WE should get a torrent going for this if that's the case. could try to flush your IP through /ipconfig release /ip config renew

DEMOMAN TAKES SKILL

I installed the fix already

By the way, here's some more logos just in case you want to do some OC or something.

Looks solid. Tryign to tackle the soldier issue right now. gonna try dumping the spy models into TF2V

SPY FIX FOR RED SPY
mediafire.com/file/129k9cttyt333i2/spy_fix.7z
This may not actually work. drop into the Models\player folder and overwrite everything it asks

No. Payload race is good, hightower just sucks.

SMALL SIDENOTE FOR ARTFAG ANONS AND SHIT

Remember how TF2C has community made sprays that fit into the TF2 universe? One of the things I wanted to do was fix sprays, and it seems to be caused by the shitty sprays of TF2C. Any anons want to throw in a spray into the mix? Must be 256x256.

Right now with PL and PLR is it relies on a hacky work around to make it run and as such things like hills where the cart would normally slide down if unattended don't work so you can keep the cart on these inclines.

If people want to help I'm sure TF2V user would appreciate it. especially with work needed for PL and PLR

Yep, which will take a while to fix the gamemodes. Easier to get the base CP/CTF/KOTH/Arena working right now, then move onto PL and PLR. If PL and PLR aren't too bad to fix up maybe the later content could get added like MvM but no guarantee.

MvM is an issue because outside the cosmetics you got from it there was no point. If it was integrated however what would be interesting would to go wit hthe original idea of red andblue vs gray and use a colour randomization script to have it skin the players with either a RED or BLU player model every time they spawned.

wow. that's kinda sad.

In any case hopefully my fix for red spy did the trick

lel

memesystem should be no-steam now. Any no-steam anons want to give it a shot?
memesystem.party:27051

ah so it is tf2c goons and alpha
wew, alpha please kill yourself. Although your parents may catch you and ground you again.

It's a shame he deleted all the links to his discord, I miss reading the crazy rants him and his inner circle did. He's already blowing a gasket about TF2V and doesn't even realize the same dev making the game is the same dev he feuded with towards the end of TF2C's lifetime.

Goddamn, why is he still here? He has a fucking grudge over a fork of a mod of a FPS turned hat simulator. Some people don't want to play meme maps all day or broken deathmatch rounds, Alpha.

ssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Actually found out his /cow/ thread is still up. Should we update our friends over there he's now getting buttblasted?

Go ahead.

I say make an entirely new thread. The old one is for right wing cows and alpha has plenty of cronies to go after.

please do, and here's a little reminder for those on his discord

wew this amount of backpedaling. Then again I think I know someone in his personal discord that could drudge up info for us. Why just only have fun with alphafaggot after all :^)

So Pac is his whiteknight huh?

probably that "cute boyfriend" alpha always wanted :^)

no even worse he's 12

DESPERATE

discord.gg/4hfzqzw

Have fun faggots.

It won't stop the sleeper is in there

We really need a dedicated thread, this is a gold mine

WEW

anyways it's nice enough that fagmaster is giving us players who are so not upset at us using open source to make our own mod and actively played funny enough. At one point though they suggested TF2V anons versus their TF2C circlejerk. Once I pointed out that it would result in an easy win for us as most of them are content to AFK in spawn they dropped idea. shame. I for one would enjoy a free win :^)

it's been closed source for a while though hasnt it?

HAHAHAHA
Too late faggots

Yes, it went closed source over a year or so ago.

Why do they have to be such fags about it? What are they afraid of??

Unfortunately, the forked version of TF2C turned into TF2V is a little older than the more modern version they have. However it was during the time period when TF2C was open source before the license was changed to closed source which is how TF2V is currently forked.

You answered half of my question, but why did they still have to make it closed source?

I think they're pushing a big update to DM? I've been reading the dev messages on the discord

because they're fags

I don't know, probably because of pic related. It's a side effect of having an open source license but it's also a reason people like open source: anyone can fork it and turn it into their own vision which is what TF2V is doing.

Thanks anons, I understand. They indeed are insecure and uptight fags.

wew, just wew

If you didn't want people to piggyback off your work, why would you make it open source and attach a permissive license to it?

Because

Also they have no ground against us because the fork was made BEFORE their project went closed source.

please for the sake of maximum enjoyment i need a new invite to the discord

the messages in discord were saying people should be using the tf2port instead of the tf2c fork because the tf2c fork has a lot of coding changes that have fuckall to do with regular gamemodes

/r/ing all the jew pictures you can find

Doesn't matter anyways, we cna take from TF2Port as well, both projects are open sourced well one is now :^) and I have a clone of the repo on my desktop.

none of the tf2c devs want to have ground against or shut down tf2v? the fork that tf2v is using is genuinely unfinished, the port is better

Seems like the devs are ok with people using the current repo base but are closed source on their beta thing

Again we'll just frakenstein it. Because fuck it. Also TF2Port lacks payload don't it?

this is the accurate situation

but for real it is a daylong job to port it over

I don't get it at all. They first complained how TF2C is closed source, but now it's fine because TF2Port and TF2C are apparently open source? Which one is it? t. TF2V lead dev.

anyone wanna get online?

wait what do you mean, who's "they"

alpha is this your house?

ehh I don't give a shit about TF2C really, let them kvetch. I dunno about TF2V user but I just want vintage to be enjoyable for people. These people seem to be doing it more for ego and they're banking on a massive update to one gamemode that will probably only keep people occupied with the new gimmicks for a week or so before they tire of it.

Not enough dirt road or desolate middle-of-nowhere landscape.

the other picture is just a radio tower, this is the real deal apparently

tf2classic has two builds currently. "live" and "beta". the repo on github is pretty close to the current "live" build, and that is the one that has source code out with the understanding that people are going to fork it.

no one is kvetching except furries in discords. im pretty sure they've posted in their discord about progress being made on 4team and vip

good for em then. again fuck em and leave em to their fate

See above with them complaining about us "stealing" the repo to fork. We've been working on fixes they haven't yet like the sentry fix yesterday but they insist their version of OC DONUT STEEL is better. Hopefully the texture errors with spy can be fixed soon, followed by PL and PLR while TF2C focuses on their Vs Saxton Hale knockoff gamemode.

I don't even care if you know who I am or not, all I want is a version of TF2 that plays well and is TF2 and not stupid addons to TF2. I'd rather have a fun base TF2 than three gamemodes that don't fit well into the original atmosphere of TF2.

Will there be Special Delivery maps?

Cool, turns out I don't live too far away. Feel free to spitball ideas if the shitposting and shilling in TF2V threads continues.

i guess you dont follow tf2c development, these are all things they've addressed in their test build

I think he meant crutch

Pretty sure there's some freech sprinkled in there too.

lmao you gonna walk up to his house like "heard u talkin shit bout tf2v"?
this drama is stupid

send copies of donkey ollie, they ship for free

sweetfreestuff.com/free-stuff/

Of course not, sending dragon dildos and pizzas would be funnier.

And good for them, but their test build is closed source so we gotta work with what we have. :^)

There's twelve devs working on TF2C and one on TF2V, even though they fixed sentries we also fixed sentries too.

Technically we already have PL and PLR working. I think we need to just make it work "RIGHT" and by right I mean as the cart and track behaves in retail TF2 as TF2V's version is a hacky fix and more or a proof of concept build more than anything.

In any case fuck it. Let them kick up the dirt let's get back to shitposting and playing and fixing this.

oh yeah I remember getting melded into the map today by the cart

TF2C has ==FORTY== developers, meanwhile TF2V is just one dev and a handful of anons.

oy vey

Shows you who was the primary crowd that played videogames.

you seemed to cut out where he said 10 were active

Why don't they just go back to TF2 already? TF2C is essentially becoming a re-skinned version of it anyways.

I know. TF2C is turning into a knockoff of TF2 with weapons, gamemodes and such but something focusing on what made TF2 good and they're "roasting" us.

This is rich, this is like some top tier dellusion

But nobody ius making money off this.

super glue dildo to door because he is gay.

This, they're watching but too afraid to post. This is fucking hilarious. Also the mod is gaining attention outside here from what I'm learning from normalfag friends, just tiny mentions here and there and we have the fagpunch thread

Didn't you know? Posting in threads yourself, on Holla Forums, opens you up to being attacked. They might get called unfiltered names.
The horror.

i mean we're screencapping them, they're screencapping us and both are just talking
let's fuckin raid them lol

I'm having a hard time keeping up with capping all of the bullshit.

They're so afraid to come over here and talk, when this is the reason why TF2V exists.

TF2C devs: TF2V isn't for you, you have the option to play TF2C, nobody is forcing you to play TF2V. TF2V is for us, and our "reimagining" of what TF2C should have been.'

Can I just say as an outside observer not interested in either mod that both sides are coming across as equally quite retarded.

DO YOU HAVE A CODER

Case in point.

you're not fooling anyone, goon

So can you tell me why this shitty mod is supposedly any better than their shitty mod?

Lmao if they push the update and make it open source

Nah, continue being an "outside observer not interested in either mod", as you succinctly put it.

Oh good, more drama that will inevitably crash TF2V as hard as TF2C. Can't wait until nect for TF2R or some shit.

Gotchu

Hey you're right. Then again they're only focusing on their shitty rip off of Arena with OC tier creations

It'll be TF2 Genuine next :^)

But seriously the only people trying to inject drama right now seem to be the TF2C faggots who are upset we even made this in the first place and seem to have no concept about what "open source" means.

Fuck it, user do you know anything about fixing collision data on a model?

Speaking of

I need to get hammer running and check the map.

So the way I see it is, you all think that TF2C is retarded for not just making it like the 2007 version of TF2 with bug fixes and quality of life improvements, so you’re all making a mod which is not like the 2007 version of TF2 because you’re adding gamemodes and extra content that wasn't in the original version of TF2 either. What’s the difference? Why not just make it like the 2007 version of the game? Why are you adding shit and acting like its any different to the TF2C team adding stuff?

what's the issue? btw source models decompiled have a .phy which is the phys model, that might be what you're referring to

They're not going to be happy until TF2V is dead and their DONUT STEEL version of TF2 is the only version is left. It's not even worth baiting these people anymore, best to leave them alone screeching at each other in their discord hugbox while insisting their version is the TRUE AND HONEST Team Fortress 2.

As far as I know there have been no such game modes or extra content. Map rotation with voting on maps and comfy micspam.

Go back to the discord before your cover gets completely blown and you get mocked on two fronts.

I'm having doubts any of these guys played pre-Mannconomy

Literally in the first post, you stupid niggers.

If you add payload or payload race, then it isn't vintage, 2007-era TF2.

Payload cart has an issue where it pulls a borg and players get caught in the model. I think it might be tied to collision geometry not being correct.

To be fair Payload was introduced in 2008, which is within the timeframe we're aiming for. or well when I say we I mean the general consensus I hope. As it is right now it's the only added mode. We're not ham fisting shit like 4 team mode or a really shittier version of deathmatch with OC characters.

I'll be fair the VIP is a interesting revival of a old concept. In any case We'll keep doing what we're doing and it'll catch on believe it or not. These guys are just gonna kvetch over us existing because we won't support their dead game.

in any case still looking into the model. Gonna consult a friend on fixing taunt animations not displaying

Nah just enjoying the butthurt, drama didn't kill tf2c . I would stop worrying about them in the next thread

technically neither is KotH, nor is Arena. Both introduced in 2008 but agreed as good gamemodes. I don't think it was ever said strictly 2007 but 2007-2008 with QoL fixes.

For someone supposedly third party you seem to care a bit too much. I suggest you stop being so blatantly obvious.

what about PLR?

PLR came with PL in 2008 as part of the goldrush update.

As the person that forked TF2C into TF2V, I've always generally seen it as pre-mannconomy rather than exclusively 2007 era TF2. If you want 2007 era TF2, play TFPort. The main difference though is the lack of loadouts and OC shit, which is why arena/payload/koth are fine but loadouts are not. Another way to think of it is like a stock tourney mode of TF2 hence the server being preconfigured for it.

We should change it to 2007-2008 in the description then

Hey you're the boss mate. I'll follow your lead till you go batshit insane then.

Right scratch that, PLR was 2009. Sniper vs Spy update added it.

Or this, "pre-mannconomy"

you can disable soundsprays with this command
cl_customsounds 0

wew lad

Is there a server up? I just want to play vidya, not have people circlejerk around betafagster's discord.

lmao have you seen the salt here today and yesterday? they've definitely been to the thread

It isn't even that much different, since it wasn't until mannconomy that all the cancer started to be added in. Meanwhile, TF2C continues to tread closer to nuTF2 with all the shit they're putting in.

again fuck em, let em. It';s fun seeing the classes needing to rely on each other from time to time as they should.

So technically now that we know they have transgressions against us if we spread word of this and any rancorous remarks against us come up we can isntantly shove the blame onto them? wew they have set themselves up for their own failure

This

transgressions?

sage unrelated

order of screens appears to be backwards.
read them right to left.

1 more

who cares

I'm so glad we are past bump limit, this faggotry needs to end next thread.

n-no bully!

lmao

Did they steal our sentry fix or did they actually manage to figure it out on their own?

Lol im in their discord, seems like they've had it fixed for a while

I hope random crits are off.

From what I've played, the server has them disabled. Probably still up to the server owner's discretion and not removed from the mod entirely.

Well that's good. I know some people find random crits to be a part of the original TF2, but they really are a flawed mechanic that I am not sad to see go.

woke up to the TF2C fags upset and made their own thread only the have it locked for "being a duplicate" :^)

Into your containment thread proles, you are not a preferred thread. :^)
But as someone who has given up TF2 back in 2009 is it worth to reinstall this shit for this mod?

You don't need TF2, this mod is a stand alone.

communists need not apply

The average commie also breathes, don't want to be like a commie do you?

I love the moderation on Holla Forums and it's pushing more towards other alternatives every day because of shit like this, picking and choosing what they want to enforce.

I just realized what if we made a mod DB page about the mod itself?

ebin

Let me see if I can't upload a mega for the full revemu/tf2v/sourceSDK file so it's a true standalone while I'm still awake.

I've already got another TF2V thread ready to go. Don't quite like the new mod

do it. the only concern I have is that any future updates directly from TF2V dev user might require it being repackaged.

Also going back to the moddb page I say this because it creates exposure for the mod and lets faggots congregate somewhere FAR away from Holla Forums

You may want to hold off on packaging TF2Vintage inside it, I've got TF2 Vintage V2 almost ready.

O.K.

ahh fuck.

Also looking at the TF2Port I jsut realized something I had forgotten

the shotgun salute was added later in TF2. the soldier's original shotgun animation was that juggle. I need to really look into this and readd that. which means grabbing some plugins for 3ds max it would seem

What are the changes?

The engineer's fix is in there as well as the sprays fix. The bulk of the update comes from trying to make it compatible with the Holla Forumsintage server running and its lineup of maps from live TF2 that aren't included in Classic or Vintage. This means that any map standard or custom that works in live TF2 should be able to be compatible with TF2V with zero errors past this update. Plus since all the assets are there already, it also means that the map lineup on TF2V can be bumped up from 23 (TF2C's count sans OC gamemodes) to 84.

You are awesome dev user

when you upload the new build I'll modify the OP paste with the new version. I've got another tab open ready to make the new thread when this one hits page 13

Are you going to add in bot support? I would really hate if this game became deader than shit.

Theoretically you could slap over the community bots mod from TF2 and they should work here. I've not tried it yet due to wrapping up V2 but instead of pointing them into TF2 you point them at TF2 Vintage. After that would be training the bots where to go and how to get there for every map.

no not that it's the CMD shell that allows you to download without needing their client

with V1 there's a lack of bot commands so dunno

is that as good as live tf2 bots?

Irrelevance. Or more specifically, not getting faggy attention.

Because open-source is a buzzword/selling point now. They probably didn't expect anyone to actually use their code.

damn, wrong dubs

I want to play pl_cashworks, I really really miss that map

All this fucking drama and faggotry makes my dick hard

you know the drama really gets good when the server fills up

you guys should join us right now

Waitin on v2

This thread is almost kaptuski so I've got the new thread waiting to be made

You know if someone could mod in this map vote system, it would really help instead of that silly !rtv one
This is from day of infamy a source FPS, so im sure it could be done in vintage

it would take designing a GUI and I don't know where'd you stick a menu that obtrusive into the game

It could be far more bare bones than that, just spitballing here

Still gotta figure out where exactly you'd fit it in for voting. would you literally bring the server to a stop and overlay this GUI for voting or?

Seems to me it would be an extension of the current voting thing, I don't think its necessary when you can simply !nominate and !rtv why reinvent the lightweight, unobtrusive wheel?

V2 IS BEING PACKED UP RIGHT NOW, SHOULD BE UP BY THE END OF THE NIGHT

I noticed when I was trimming down the size of TF2V I accidentally deleted a default prop so I had to find the prop that caused the errors and then put it back in TF2V. Ended up being the medic's syringe which in some maps caused errors.

Dev user just a heads up the fix I had on media fire fucks up the teleporter models and the sentry's textures on the level 3. Dunno if you caught it and dunno if that's a issue with the other fix. also the red spy fix I fucked up and broke animations

Also just be careful. We need to get the thread up asap before the tf2c cucks can get up a thread before us. They tried it once, I imagine they will try it again. Lets hope mods are lurking and know whats up.

Since the spy fix isn't confirmed yet I didn't throw it in. The fix I threw in V2 doesn't affect the base buildings for engi.

Here's V2 changelog:

-Fixed engineer buildings causing a game crash on destruction
-Fixed default sprays not working properly
-Added support for most CP, CTF, KOTH, PLR, Arena, and PL Live TF2 maps
-Increased the pool of maps for TF2V from 23 to 72
-Fixed a bug involving a missing dependency for the medic
-Removed beta skins for classes
-Dynamic lighting is now enabled by default in settings menu
-Added three new startup songs to the startup menu

memesystem does it with a "You have a menu, press esc" prompt. That could work.

Neat. The only issue with the spy fix was I plopped the animations in and it didn't work right. I'm taking a crack at hammer to fix animations and the cart's collision

True

something simple like that is great, but it needs a few improvements
it seems that people just pick the first one on the list, with some exceptions.

anyway you can jam the old moonman map in there?

I honestly never liked it it wasn't good looking. It's pretty much a meme map

This little texture will be removed as well?

I have never seen that texture on my HUD, actually a lot of your screen seems wrong including the medic model seems like a green

That texture only shows up for me when I set the texture quality to medium or low.

weird.

That a shader I've put in my custom model.

Oh yeah, my video settings are configured at medium. I am not sure but that texture thing reminds me of that BETA image stamps from tf2c.

so it's an issue with YOUR end not the mod's then

Two new threads away from page 13.

Just in time too.

TEAM FORTRESS 2 VINTAGE VERSION 2 NOW AVAILABLE

mega.nz/#!uNtD3bKD!BSMkaJkVs8vwBU4iIkNH33xqDfQPMDi_Uco6QALqMMI

I'd recommend backing up your stats, saysound, sprays, mods, etc. and clean installing this version due to the vast changes compared to V1H1.

NEW THREAD