Space Thread: Unsiegable Fortress Edition

Welcome to another space thread Emperors,Admirals and Captains

Post about your

And your space waifus here in the Space thread.

And also since this a Fortress edition, Tell me anons of the time you held back against a superior enemy after wave after wave as the enemy crashed into your defenses and you and your troops held the line

Other urls found in this thread:

astrobasecommand.com
moddb.com/mods/star-wars-interregnum
volafile.org/r/ck47j5am
youtube.com/watch?v=ZzndyGwT1ww
babylon.hard-light.net/
panzergeneraldownload.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=wy-sVTaZRPk
projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/aliens.php#apesorangels
vocaroo.com/i/s0KSQ3HKswmw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Also anons I would like to know about your favorite counter attacks as well

I love space games because it reminds of Carl Sagan and makes me feel intellectual! Hail Sagan! :D

Also I now remember that Ao Bauo Qu was successfully taken,

What games, if any, are focused around you building a comfy space station (out of a variety of design options–O'Neill cylinder, Stanford torus, etc.), defending it from whatever, and running trade? Probably none, right? I want a lot of customizability.

Oh, what about that one minecraft-type game where you fly between planets and can build bases on them? Does it let you do space stations? It's probably the least-desirable thing for me stylistically, but to have a little outpost in the far reaches as you watch other players go about their business would feel comfortable.

I like spess games because they let me imagine what it's like to be off this shit hole, backwater planet.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

I just found this. The designs for this are shit (not hard science), but I'll pirate it and see how it goes. And then keep pirating it, because fuck paying for things like this.
astrobasecommand.com

I didn't need these feels right now

You, like all of your ancestors will perish on this planet. When our sun finally dies the celestial winds will wipe out any trace of there ever having been humans who inhabit this rock.

Perhaps if there is some archive of image boards on a colonized rock somewhere in space in the distant future one might look back at this post and wonder who you were. Your use of english will be a cryptic puzzle for them to translate as their language will be a combination of emojis, pictographs and image macros.

Our proto-memes will be like cave paintings by comparison.

Make your mark upon this earth, user. Let the world and history know that you existed. Whether what you do is good or evil, let it be unique to you. You don't even have to be known by name. As long as you make a big enough difference so that others' lives are changed from there on out, your life will not have been in vain.

Hue.

What the fuck is wrong with you faggots?
Remove yourself along with your tactical nihilism. If you werent such pathetic losers you could make "your mark" right here, right now. God knows we need good people to make their mark.
Also, guess what? Even in the time of our galactic empire, a pathetic loser would still amount to nothing.
Scum like you really pisses me off.

Did anyone think of Nexus the Jupiter Incident, Fortress Siege mission upon seeing this thread?

I can't remember the name of the game, it was on Kekstarter apparently. Basically you played as an Admiral in First Person commanding a fleet in Real Time from a Bridge. All I thought when seeing it was LOGH Simulator.

There was a few I recall from early 2000's and 1999 where you managed a space station Fuck can't remember any games today

We are the common rable. Don't ever forget that. We'll fade away but our words will live on. We are the bridge of shitposters in spirit, between the past and future generations

I know a loser like me would amount to nothing even in a galactic empire. But knowing that we've left Earth and have moved across the galaxy would make me slightly happy. We're still stuck on this rock with the other fuck heads.

You're wrong though. If you were in our glorious empire, that would be the norm. You wouldn't think much off it and perhaps even yearn for a return to our soil of origin.
You would be just as unhappy as you are now.
The only thing you can do is stop being a fucking loser. Go to the shave, go to the gym, find a job. Maybe start an apprenticeship or go study a scientific field if you can. Stop being lazy and procrastinating.
We are all bound by our DNA but in my experience, most people can do fine. You'd be surprised how much of a change people can achieve. If you're an average person, you have the potential for a good life. So unless you have some seriously shitty DNA, you should be fine.

TL;DR: Stop being a whiny faggot and do something.

But without whiny fags like me, who would you give your amazing speeches to?

I wouldn't.

This triggers me a lot and a problem with most mods based off shit like Star Trek and Star Wars. They don't create a game, they create a ship viewer.

They are all 24th century vessels. The Federation had to recommission a ton of old ships for the war with the Dominion, which led to many refitted Mirandas, refitted Excelsiors, and even some Ambassadors taking part in the war effort.

Thankfully for the Dominion, Voyager wasn't there when they cut off coffee supplies.

Behold, the true biggest asshole in all of Armada 3. An even bigger asshole than the Crystalline Entity, the Doomsday Machine, the swarm of bioships, or the fucking Whale Probe. It will pop into existence in orbit of any planet and will find its way to one of yours if it isn't already fucking there.

That's just creative application of pliable logistics. The guys tracking the inventory lie their ass off to cover their blackmarket weapon deals. How else would they get the plat to buy their own vineyard for their retirement days?

You can always siege a fortress though.

Hail victory, comrade

I think you misunderstood me, all I wanted was at the very least was to be a "nameless and faceless" Soldier and one day I could possibly become an Elite Faceless Soldier with a name, I never said I cared about leaving some grand mark because obviously not everyone can and someone has to be the nameless grunt, I accept that and will embrace it because that is one of the greatest sacrifices a person can make

I wonder if you could make something like an X Game using the Freespace Engine?

The same to you, user.

That's fair. I do wonder why you don't simply do it then? We do have militaries and you can make a career in them.

But user, why would you? Freespace basically is X-lite anyway.

Yer thingken of Freelancer.

Oh whoops. My bad. I thought you wrote Freelancer.
Seeing how FSO exists, shouldn't technically any game be possible?

Because my country doesn't really have a military and if I have to go to another country and join their army I want it to be for a good cause that isn't being played by some puppet master playing sides to further their goals.

I should have your head for this!
Although really asking from engine aspect point of view, would it be simple to do like the Freespace RTS?

Understandable. Are you German?

Similar names, what can I say.
I would think so, although X is rather complex so it's be a lot of work. No surprise there.

>Understandable. Are you German?

No

Oh thank god.

Mandate is dead.
Homeworld is dead.
Legend of the Galactic Heroes is going to be fujoshit probably.
Our hopes and dreams are dead.

I know that feel too well.

I greatly appreciate the aesthetics of the Imperial Navy

Didn't end well though.

Glory to the Emperor!

Slow thread as usual.

Not really. Only been up a day and there was a few other space related threads last night and threads discussing space vidya

I made a mistake

That doesn't look like a mistake.
The minerals are arriving as planned and its not like the local population or infrastructure is important anyway. Just filthy plebs.

That a Sins mod?

thats one way to do an economic stimulus injection

Interregnum, adds Star Wars to the E4X mod which it also comes with. Currently has two of the same Rebel faction due to one being a placeholder for when they replace it with the New Republic.
moddb.com/mods/star-wars-interregnum

Pirates are replaced with Mandalorian raiders, and by capturing their world you can obtain some of their ships. Usually it is just an outpost planet which doesn't give you many of their ships, but there is a chance that instead it will be Mandalore which has a capturable MandalMotors shipyard with greater ship "building" capacity.
The planet being Base Delta Zeroed in that screenshot was Dac which let me grab Mon Calamari ships like the MC80 hiding in the previous pic

fucking beaners

I bet she poops ice cubes
she can poop ice cubes on my drink
i bet frozen inside the ice cubes are the leftovers of her last meal

Flagship?

Can we discuss Aurora 4x here?

By all means, it is a space game.

Is there a game where I can conquer and wage war but everything follows orbital mechanics, especially including any orbital factories I might have? Projectile persistence would be a plus. 3 dimensions would be neat but 2D orbits are also okay.

What game? Is it like what I'm looking for?

That is exactly what youre looking for.

It might not be exactly what you're hoping for, but take a look at "Children of a Dead Earth". It has very realistic orbit calculations and lets you fight tactical battles with near-future spaceships. Three quarters is adjusting the orbits and intercepts for your fleets and missile swarms, and the actual cannon duels will mostly be over within a couple seconds.

Just noticed there is about a dozen colony management games coming out next year but I have no idea what they are called. Seen trailers for them though. I need to have a look.

So i recently downloaded sins of the prophets and i was wondering, are the maps supposed to be as dark as this one and why does the sun shine through planets and bulkheads in this mod?

Mess with the deep space and colored skybox settings to cycle to one with better visibility.

Also, i need to ask about the flood.
Is it something that appears after you have beaten every faction on the map or is it essentially pirates?
Because in the black market tab as i am looking at it, i notice that it has flood section on it but the flood there is dead.

Piracy?

It's just pirates, only worse and more of a nightmare to deal with.

And they are already dead in my game.

Ok, started a new game and got to actually fight against these guys.
Sweet merciful christ, Flood carrier is like a borg cube on steroids, constantly assimilating everything with its STRIKE CRAFT.

Startopia

So is this game any good? I remember occasionally checking in on it when it was still in development and called Enemy Starfighter. It looked like it could be fun and atmospheric.
The promotion for it was really bad because I kept forgetting about it. Also the name changed and it got released with me never knowing about it.

Isn't it supposed to be extremely short?

Rule 34 now applies to this.

Aight, third game on now.
The Flood just about pushed my shit in so current one is without them.
Gotta say, this mod is pretty good, although there is some missing content like the refinerys unit card (instead it has text saying placeholder), some ships seem to have less upgrades than they get points for and the stars are a bit broken, some times working fine and other times shining through physical objects.

Other than that, it's pretty cool.

Starsector to boring for me, but cant even understand what happened on screen in AuroraX4. Please dont recommend X3

Have tried Empire at war user?

You mean starwars? It less complicated than Starsector.

If you are gonna go with strategy games, then why not try Sins of a solar empire?

Yep, The ground battles aren't that fun compared to the space battles but I had fun all around with it and it's countless mods. Make sure you get the forces of corruption expansion to go with it

Uploading Pulsar Lost Colony latest versions. Be about half an hour to an hour from this post before they are fully uploaded.
volafile.org/r/ck47j5am

I will try. Thanks.

The whole imp side is fujoshit bait.

On the STO front, my sexy new prize obtained with no real effort at all via a lucky stipend key.
I got a T5 JHAS to unlock the hangars in preparation for one day getting this too.

We need a Pulsar Thread again.

That depends. Has it changed much since the original threads? If not, I think there would be little interest by those that have already played back then.

So, tomorrow will start season 13 and a half with a single new mission and a new lockbox.

What is your opinion of this?

Kind of hard to have an opinion on a mission we haven't seen yet.
A credible opinion at any rate…

What kind of madness is this?

The ISS Imperator, it's one of the mirror ships that have a chance of spawning as a random event in Armada 3, this one is the worst though and will kill you off easily if RNG hates you and decides to spawn one early.

Is there any chance of playing as the terran empire in the current mod?

Any of you Commanders ever play Imperium Galactica?

Aww hell, No one told me that I was gonna get a pop quiz from the ship's Doc. Quick what do I say?, all I wanna do is genocide all aliens who get in our empire's way and go home to bang my wife?

DS9 > TNG > TOS > VOY
never watched enterprise but heard it's even worse than VOY

You've been lied to. Nothing is worse than Voyager. You taste is also shit, aside from DS9 being on the top of course.
Actual list: DS9>TOS>ENT>TNG>>>VOY
The reason Enterprise is above The Next Generation is for two reasons.
Season 3 of ENT is genuinely excellent. Almost every episode there is fantastic.
TNG has basically become redundant since everything it does is done far better in DS9 or TOS.

OK I'll consent that TOS should actually be second but until I watch ENT I refuse to believe it is better than TNG.

Why not watch all of the episodes? I wish that Stargate Atlantis didn't get canceled.

I'm still waiting for my BSG and Stargate cross over.

The fuck is wrong with you man? BSG was only good for the first two seasons, then they tried to make a colony and the show turned to complete shit and only got worse from there.
And stargate was shit from start to finish. The show gives anyone who knows the least bit about any of the ancient cultures it pisses over gets anurisms the way treks technobable is abhorent to anyone who knows the least bit about physics.

As far as TNG vs TOS goes, depends on the episode. Individual episodes from both shows have been swinging between terrible, embarrassing, thought provoking and awesome. But neither show was consistently better or worse than the other. Both had highpoints and low points.

As for the new mission, pic's related. First is a glaring grafical glitch I haven't seen before this ground mission. here's a hint, look at the borg's crotch
The second pic is stats for the new set. It could be useful on disruptor based builds, for the 2 part critical chance buff and the 360 beam.

Okay guys I'm about to get my behind handed to me, This huge as all hell fleet from the enemy just appeared and is heading for new carolina you can't see them right now because they are in the gap of my radar, I'm going to build up defenses on the planet and hope for the best

They some how teleported around my fleet and invaded the planet right away but they decided to invade us rather than bomb us, which was great for me because I overwhelmed them with numbers and hold the line

It isn't overall better. It's only season 3 that stands out. It actually, somehow, has even more poz and degeneracy in it than all the previous shows. Remember how DS9 kind of had a continuous story since slowly but surely things were set up and built upon? Season 3 tries to go be even more like a single story arc and does it rather well. It's still episodic but they build upon one another directly. This is unique to Enterprise and it works really well.
TNG could be argued to be better. Especially if you happen to be one of those people that want to suck Picard's dick for some reason. TNG's problem is simple though, it's completely redundant. The "wonders of exploring space" is done by far the best in TOS. The political intrigue (and more) is far superior in DS9. So why watch TNG? Perhaps some of the episodes with Q and a large focus on Data are salvageable but other than that, TNG is basically not really worth watching above the other shows. Neither is ENT but was I forced to choose, whether to watch a season of my choice of TNG or ENT, I'd pick ENT.
To sum it all up, my differentiation between ENT and TNG isn't even particularly about their quality but about what they uniquely bring to the table.

Stargate is absolute shit.

Season 1 and 2 of Enterprise is Voyager Tier, Season 3 and 4 however is DS9 Tier.
Basically they tried to use the Temporal Cold War Arc for Enterprise when it was really the birth of the Federation people wanted to see. So much shit will never be seen including the Earth-Romulan War which was just starting when Enterprise was cancelled.

The aliens had space germs, filthy creatures

There's a few TNG episodes which would strike a massive cord with audiences today, especially in how governments are acting as of late.
The one where Picard bitch slaps some Admirals who wanted to sacrifice freedom for security is a good example

I was fired thanks to those dumb nigger traders who kept going to planets and spreading the infections all because they couldn't stop making thinking about shekels for a minute, and they wouldn't even let me blow up the ships that were infected

Best of both worlds?
How many lights do you see?
TNG had some truely great episodes.

delivery of space niggers with space hyper AIDS had been a great success, it seems
el oh el

What’s that? A show which started as a marxist’s wet dream about degeneracy and globalism has only INCREASED in degeneracy as time has passed, as society has been ever more inundated by this shit?

I’m shocked.

I'm board of this game now. but no really it was fun for a while

VOY is shit, DS9 is shit, ENT is shit.
TOS is a comedy, there is no "wonder of exploring".

Spotted the Maquis.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZzndyGwT1ww

Anyone who think a Temporal Cold War is a good idea or good writing, is fit for the mental institution or the gas chamber

Crisis narrowly averted.

What caused such a dramatic shift in the writing?

The show was failing in every possible way and was hated even by long running die hard TNG fans, so the writers panicked, dropped what they where doing and scrambled to fix their shit before they'd get cancelled.
It didn't work.

ok so the better question, why be shit to begin with?

I don't think anyone has ever said that the Temporal Cold War was good in any way.

Voyager
Basically the writers wanted to do Temporal Cold War shit from Voyager but gravely misunderstood how much the fans actually liked that arc.
What fans actually liked seeing was how the Federation came into being because they wanted to see what it took to what was at the time a backwater race into a quadrant superpower.

It was entirely contained within ENT alone, The Year of Hell has jack shit to do with the Temporal Cold War.

What do you expect of filthy fucking XENO SCUM?

Could you be a bit more precise in your episode description?

Wrong.It's not like they have both things together. They are always separate and they even try to make the exploration political.
REMINDER THAT TNG LITERALLY HAS A GLOBAL WARMING EPISODE, EXCEPT IT'S ON A GALACTIC SCALE!

Having a handful of good episodes does not make a show good or great. By that measure, VOY is excellent too since it does actually have a handful of good episodes.

My surprise was not that type of surprise, user. Come on now.

You are woefully incorrect, user.

You know I am right. Both posts made me chuckle way more than they should've.

What can you expect from kikes?

You got it wrong my hotheaded friend. If you had watched the series, you might remember the episodes named Best of Both Worlds.
The ones where a borg cube attacks earth and annihilates most of the federations fleet, captures and assimilates Picard and Riker has to grow a beard.

You meant the name of the episode. My bad, I never bothered to remember the name of any given episode. I recall that episode.

Isn't season 3 of ENT when Archer goes full Humanity Fuck Yeah! ? Yeah I liked it better than VOY. Those 2 ME episodes were alright too.

It would probably be pozzed but there is not enough of rhe Terran Empire.

Confirmed for not even suffering Voyager,
Of course it doesn't, but you'd know that already if you actually watched Voyager.

Hey guys, remember the Warp 10 episode of VOY? :^)

Gas yourself.

is there a reason why I never see Babylon 5 discussed anywhere? Its always been my favourite.

Pretty much zero videogames for it. Even mods are hard to come by.

Figured it might be more of Holla Forums topic, bit of a shame. because it did a lot of the things you guys are talking about with star trek.

1st season best season however.

You're one heck of a retard, user. End yourself in some hot earl gray, faggot.

No vidya and small fanbase. I still have yet to watch it because I recall having a hard time even finding the episodes.

There's an old set of b5 mods and campaigns for FSO.
I remember enjoying the one where you play a band of pirate/mercenaries looking at the events of the series from the side line.

Star Trek Armada 2 had an amazing Babylon 5 total conversion, but sadly I can't find it anymore.

Grew up with TNG. Guess you tend to love what you started with. Like people who played Morrowind first and see it as the holy grail.

Fuck that mod sounds cool as fuck, it would be interesting to see what was happening to the underbelly of the galaxy while everyone was busy with the shadow war.

That's fucking stupid though. My favorite ST show isn't the one I first watched. I didn't grow up with Star Trek either.
What is wrong with you?

Morrowind being seen as the "holy grail" of the series has more to do with how every game after it has stripped away RPG elements and options in the name of mass market accessibility.
Also the lore and the visual design of everything that tried to make the setting interesting instead of the generic european medieval stuff we've gotten in every game since.

Maybe I'm not a colossal fucking faggot who judges other people on what TV shows they enjoy?

babylon.hard-light.net/
Here you go fam.

The same is happening with Farscape.

Farscape was always more about character interactions than world building.
Not much of a world to make into a game really.
A pitty, since the show had some interesting ideas.

Man, Babylon 5 was my space sci-fi tv show of choice way back when. Thursdays 22:30 on channel 2.
Now I have an intense urge to watch it again.

Yeah, but the fringe setting could have been a nice X-like game setting.

I do a rewatch every year, as with DS9 and Farscape.

Shame cause there was actually one that was getting made then it got cancelled. You can actually play the E3 Demo of it from 1998? still.

The game is called Starmade and I remember it being fairly good. You can build space stations and AI fleets now. Along with automated mining ships.

performance is terrible, or was, I remember the old chan group that went from server to server crashing servers

You're right. Liking something inferior is not indicative of a person's character at all. Is it bad if I judge niggers for being niggers too? Or queers like you for being fucking faggots?

Have you played it? If so, how is it?

It's basically a tech demo. Promise but no game.

The models have a pretty high poly count for the time. I'm sure they'd have had less in the actual release.

My advanced ships keep getting destroyed by beginner ships. I have to review my tactics.

Have you considered dropping down, increasing speed and reversing direction?

Have you tried circles? Nothing can beat circles.
Fuck you Yang, seriously. That guy had way too much plot armor.

Anyone played any of the Logh games? I don't think a single one of them has been translated into english.
Currently attempting to teach myself nipponese so that I can play some of the games.
But are the games even any good?

None of the time travel shit in Voyager was related to it, books and STO trying to connect the pieces is not canon.

The STO federation with its battle hardened troops, mighty warships and advanced super weapons, would be fat too interesting for the TV series.

Would have been even better if the Iconian War arc wasn't to horribly mishandled.

Tell me about it user, The LoGH movie that combined the first 3 episodes was hard to watch with Yang, I mean really nigga the John had to get permission from Yang in order to hug his fiance and She had to get permission from Yang to kiss John, Everything was going good until it started showing the FPA side

I only recently finished the show actually. It was really good, especially the first season. In the second season the plot armor thickens A LOT. The show was still excellent of course but this kept bothering me. It's no surprise of course that once he dies, the show improves again to almost season one levels.

> It's no surprise of course that once he dies, the show improves again to almost season one levels.

I agree user, Though my peeves about Julian inheriting the plot armor made me upset also Karen throughout the rest of the series felt like she came from no where and was just an insert character for Him but that could just be for me since with the tone of the show I was expecting there to be a time skip or such and Julian marring the girl since he was following Yang

Obviously their whole team has plot armor. It's just that Wenli in particular just has even more outstanding plot armor.
Julian's plot armor never reaches Wenli's. He just keeps his innate "democratic plot armor".
She did come out of nowhere and was only there for Julian to have a love interest. I don't really mind though since she is pretty and doesn't take up too much of the screen-time.

Eh, You're right user, Though the really funny part about Julian and Fran was that they weren't democratically elected and inherited their positions from Yang

user why do you think the exact same things as me?

Because you have a great mind user

Enough chatting instead of posting.
Thanks though. It follows the same must apply to you.
Consider chatting on a platform of choice. I'd be up for it.
I will be going to bed so should you decide in favor, it might take a few hours for me to reply.

On another note, what do anons in here think of FTL? I've recently been tempted to reinstall it but I don't think it can really satiate my space wanderlust.
I've also been tempted to finally install Nexus. Should I do that instead? I've not played it yet.

Isn't that more line of succession than anything?

FTL is good for a while if you haven't played it before but it's RNG heavy and I haven't plaed Nexus either but anons from the previous threads say it's a fun game albeit difficult but goes south half way into the game

They were specifically chosen because he was Yang's adopted son and She was Yang's Wife

All of my fleet tactics are failing. I have stealth ships armed with 50cm lasers and missiles going against one tier above modern humans and I keep getting my ass kicked in. I outnumber them 3-1. I don't deserve to live.

No user don't, Why are they so powerful?

I can outrun them, I can out shoot them, I can fuck their entire existence with one ship. I have more armor, I have sturdier ship components, I have ships that can't be detected. But I can't fucking kill them.

Which game?

Sounds spooky.Do they have some type of advanced alien shields or alloys or something?

Also did you try spying on them to what where they are making these super ships

Aurora 4x

From what I can tell they have duranium, the first level of armor. No shields. They have shitty ships, but are whipping my ass. Here is my current push. 4 Fleets plus a supply fleet. They just jumped and are getting ready to get into position. I was attacked immediately on jump.

I'll have to try Enterprise again. I only got through half of the first season before quitting. DS9 was baller and I don't know how in hell people prefer TNG to it when TNG's later seasons are so weak. Also:
Excellent taste.

That doesn't sound right at all, did you double check your ships weapons? or is it possible that they have some sort of super weapon some where?

Finished wiping out the enemies at the jumpgate. No losses, but 3 ships damaged, one heavily. Most ships are missing a few plates of armor, but no penetrations.
Enemy losses: 5 ships. Small scouts with anti-missile missiles and beam weaponry.
Jump Point Secured.

My tactics had to have been shit. There is not other explanation.

Big Ships Online

Nah, the group got kicked for making natzi space fleets, which pissed people off enough to attack and be destroyed, only to whine to admins.

Not realizinh how shit everything else was.

TOS was a comedy, with terrible hammy acting, horrible plots and effects. By any objective standard, it is shit. But it's a entertaining piece of shit, like the Room. Hence good.

VOY was shit with shit writing, shit ideas and shit characters and captain raging ovaries.

DS9 was a shit and people only like it because of pew-pew and explosions. Acting was terrible,(especially Sisko) and the poor cardassians get shat on.

ENT is jsut a mess of horrible everything

Found the spoonhead

何?? ベーイトですか?

I really should've cropped the sides off. It#s not even from the TNG remaster either. Fucking hell.

I would probably replace it if you made a better one.
This is the 2nd time you've said this to me.

I would if I knew what episode it was from. I'm not rewatching TNG for this.
Thank you for your continuous use of it. Makes me feel glad and honored.

If anything watch the ME episodes of ENT. ME Archer was pretty good. Also T'Pol ME uniform is alright.

STO's Federation is nearly the 40K Imperium. You end up sterilizing worlds and puttimg down miner revolts with Borgs and phasers.

Yeah, ironically enough, the Klinks are the multicultural ones, with all the "evil" races they've assimilated into their own culture.
But at least they get the best looking armor in the game.

Dead serius. Shit.
Acting was terrible - ESPECIALLY Sisko.
The Bajorans were insufferable. The Cardassians idiots. The Wormhole gods plot retarded (especially the good vs. evil end)
Pew-pew is the only thing it had going for it.

I give you that one. Remove bajorans.

So…. Any news on Star Yiddizen? ED being an utter faillure I am starting to run out of space sims to look forward to.

Just curious about your setup. Can you describe what ships you have in there?

As for me, I started only few days ago playing Aurora. Was attempting to survey more jump points until I got contact from ayys. Now my fucking jump survey ship is in bits and the crew's gone. And the hostile contact is only two jumps away and only now I've begun to make preparations and tech for weapons

Check the catalog.

I need a space game to play that's like Civ or moo but not, Something like Empire at war where I can have space battles and land battles.

Sword of the Stars will give you the glorious space battles in realm time, but no ground battles, in what is otherwise a turnbased 4x game.
Make sure you play the original, not the sequel.

Imperium Galactica? Or what about Star Generals?
panzergeneraldownload.com/

I'll give it a shot thanks user, Also is diplomacy in the game good user?

I played imperium galactica, you could even see some of my screenshots earlier in the thread. But thanks user

The only thing I can think of now is if Endless Space 2 gets enhanced ground combat. Otherwise there's a critical lack of those sorts of games.

Hopefully I can format this correctly.
Baltimore- Beam Frigate- 17
Brooklyn- Frigate Leader- 6
Caldwell- Frigate- 5
Gearing- Missile Frigate- 3
Wickes- Support- 5
Fleet Bio: 1st Squad: 1 Brooklyn, 5 Baltimore
2nd Squad: 1 Brooklyn, 5 Baltimore
3rd Squad: 1 Brooklyn, 5 Baltimore
4th Squad: 1 Brooklyn, 5 Wickes
5th Squad: 1 Brooklyn, 5 Caldwell
6th Squad: 1 Brooklyn, 3 Gearing, 2 Baltimore
Fleet Formation:
1st
2nd 3rd
4th
5th
6th
Baltimore is AA that can be used against ships if there is CQC. They use Twin 12cm C8 Soft X-ray Laser Turret (3x2) Range 240,000km TS: 10000 km/s Power 8-16 RM 6 ROF 5.
Brooklyn has jump engines and active sensors.
Caldwells are my ASM boats.They use Gen1 Size 6 ASM (83) Speed: 32,000 km/s End: 26.3m Range: 50.6m km WH: 16 Size: 6 TH: 234/140/70. Shitty because I'm based out of a nebula, but they get the work done.
Gearing is Anti Missile using Gen1 Size 1 AMM (488) Speed: 96,000 km/s End: 0.8m Range: 4.7m km WH: 1 Size: 1 TH: 352/211/105. They widdle down the incoming fire a bit until it become manageable with my lasers.

Engines are single 1500 EP Internal Fusion Drive (1) Power 1500 Fuel Use 34.45% Signature 120 Exp 15% engines. They allow me to go 153 billion km in 241 days. Total tonnage is 10200. Top speed is 7352km/s. I have an armor level of 3 to go 3500km/s in my home nebula.

Hopefully those are only star swarms which don't travel.

And that's a shame, As much as the ground battles were lacking in EaW I had fun with it and enjoyed digging in and holding planets with everything I got

If Empire at War Ground Battles were sort of like Company of Heroes or Dawn of War II perhaps it would have been fantastic.

I heard from an user a while back that lots of features were cut from EaW like Ship boarding, If it had that feature alone I would put another hundred hours into it easily

Diplomacy in SotS is pretty good. All the races have distinct personalities i.e. if you don't meet the Liir early they'll be distrustful of you and ready to drop viral loads on your planets, the Zuul will eat you last and the birdies are mostly peaceable.

On paper they look well designed IMO. Probably only opinion I have is that ships could get extra weight by employing CIWS as a last ditch against enemy missiles. Or employ some cheap corvettes with gauss or rail guns as a bait. Judging quickly by your screen your enemies seem to be eager to toss rockets in your way. Or so I assume

I just hope I didn't piss off real civ

Enemies always toss in rockets. Every single time. CIWS is only helpful for the ship that it is on. Twin turreted guass weapons are much more effective. I haven't researched them, so I can't use them. Laser turrets, while larger, can shoot the far. They are my favorite screening method.

Well know that there were some units that could operate in space and land in game if you enable it in game files, in particular Empire Ships could at one point fly in a planet's atmosphere but that made the Empire way too OP. Think there was even some infantry that can operate in space that made it into a few mods.

WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING

I can't take space games seriously anymore after learning the earth is flat.

user, there's a reason it's called science fiction.

I can see why they would cut out space units on land, since the maps would be far too small plus models would probably look fuck ugly.

Ashes of the Singularity does the whole "giant flying battleships/spaceships in ground combat" thing.

That's not the same as having a Star Destroyer literally block out the sun and barrage bases with it's Turbolazer batteries.

That SD is only what, 3 times the length of a modern carrier? Not exactly "blotting out the sun" for more than a fairly small area on the ground under it.
Besides, its a giant floating warship covered in guns. What more do you want?

Why is wanting a good Trek game suffering? There needs to be another MOO type Star Trek game.
Also were the Germans really autistic enough to make another Star Trek MMO and wonder why they couldn't get a license from CBS?

To your latter question: I don't know.

To your first question: Most of those are dead due to CBS coming around at the force of a thousand GW lawyers, exterminatusing the project with heavy bombardments of cease and desist torpedoes from orbit.

Would any user recommend Homeworld: Emergence? (Cataclysm)

Hell yes, nigger!

As someone who has never played it.
Yes.

Okay I will, Thank you anons, I'll play it after I try out SoTS

Star Citizen will shit on all these games.

You want to blot out the sun? Get Star Ruler and build a carrier the size of a solar system outside the galaxy at a secret base.

With its 25 players per server, years of development for over 150.000.000$ and little to show for it, I find that claim very hard to believe.

They at least have more content than ED already.

Greatness takes time, that's why most of the games posted here are sullen reminders to not half-ass your work.

Six times. and much much wider. A Star Destroyer is about 1.6km long.

Any of you guys got the Tobii EyeTracker 4C for your space sims needs? I'm looking into buying one, it's cheaper than VR.

youtube.com/watch?v=wy-sVTaZRPk

Nice name.

I hope your production facility is deep behind allied lines and well defended user.

Also how many can you build at once?

Oh, i have to embed the file specifically now?

On this planet, 5 frigates at a time (thanks to one starbase i statted for production) and three capitol class.

Pretty nice user

So, did the Cardassians do anything wrong on Bajor? I mean beside not purging the bajorans before leaving.

Actually it got better in the second half.

DaystromInstitute ran the numbers, proportionally a lower death count than cars.

But but muh occupation

Go cry to your prophets.

What is the best way to eradicate life on a planet?

Already posted this idea in another thread but r8.

SOTS is fully of "humanity fuck yeah!".
For extra pretty and powerful human ships, try this:

Any mods to fix stellaris yet? Alternatively, any games where I can specifically be space fascist?

The fuck kind of bullshit sci fi universe is this supposed to be in? What are the odds of not one, not two but multiple moon all perfectly habbitable to humans. Let alone several of which all have seperate intelligent civilisations, all of whom have the same techlevel (give or take a century).
This is beyond improbable. You'd be more likely to win the lottery every week for a year, than to find a system like that.
projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/aliens.php#apesorangels

Even if we assume the insanely improbable situation of having every moon in orbit of a gasgiant habitable to humans, consider just how long it takes to evolve an intelligent species and for this species to develop modern spaceflight, separately. About a billion years for earth, given a few major extinction events killing off dominant lifeforms every few hundred million years. And now consider how massive the difference in technology was between europeans colonising the world and the African and native american savages they met. And that's with only a few hundred years of technological superiority. Imagine what even a few thousand years of headstart would have on a single one of those "several spec", compared to the BILLION OR SO YEARS it take to produce such a species.
How the fuck would those species all be on the same tech level, when its so low they can barely even get from one moon to the next? Running into even a single alien civilisation of roughly your own technological level in the entire galaxy stretches the laws of probably into the absurd, but several, all from the same system, who all evolved seperately on different planets, at the same time?

And even sending a single big nuke from one moon to the next would be monstrously expensive, let alone any kind of military invasion forces…

How do I get Home world emergence (Cataclysm) to run on windows 7? I tried googling it and such but none of those supposed fixes work

Never mind found the fix myself

If the gas giant is within it's star's habitable zone I don't see how it's rocky moons with significant mass wouldn't be habitable. If there was another planet in oir solar system that was in the liquid water zone it would probably have life too.
Didn't say every moon, there's be tons of smaller satellites.
They would have had a greater imperative to do so because they had other habitable words within pissing distance. Plus not all of them would have developed it indigenously, some would have copied the spacecraft of others.
Moon hopping around a gas giant wouldn't be a problem for a species with technology a few decades ahead of IRL Earth. Especially if they time it right, or use smaller minor satellites as bases.

Also thanks to the anons who recommended me Cataclysm, I'm having fun but my only wish is that the controls weren't so cumbersome

What's the best space game to play when insanely drunk?

Also forgot to mention the obvious fact that the moons would have formed within a short time of each other and that evolution is not linear.

And happens on the scale of hundreds of millions of years to go from mouse to human capable of building a civilisation. Yet all the different species on the different moons all reach the point of spaceflight within a single century?
Are you too retarded to wrap your head around the scale of time we are talking about, in order for evolution running on several moons independently of eachother, all to reach the same point with in such an miniscule amount of time?

Because every rocky planet in our solar system would be habitable if it was just in the goldilocks belt. Unless its almost completely devoid of atmosphere, or has one like Venus with a surface temperature high enough to melt lead because of the high amount of naturally occuring greenhouse gasses in its atmosphere and then there's the air pressure that would kill you instantly and the constant sulphuric acid rain.
What are the chances that even a single moon has the conditions for life to not only evolve, but produce macroscopic life? And you want several, in close proximity to one another, yet all stable enough to support life? And of course all magically having the exact same atmospheric and mineral composistion, same geology to produce magnetospheres, so guys from one of them can just go to one of the others to play jungles of vietnam over there.

This whole set up is as ludicrously unlikely as aliens allergic to water invading earth naked.

Did you miss the part where they learn the technology from each other?
Are you too retarded to understand that if they're orbiting the same planet they probably formed within a few million years of each other.
I didn't day every moon, numbnuts. Are you purposely ignoring shit, or are you just autistic? There would be dozens of lifeless moons and minor satellites.

Did you miss the part where they learn the technology from each other?
Are you too retarded to understand that if they're orbiting the same planet they probably formed within a few million years of each other.
I didn't day every moon, numbnuts. Are you purposely ignoring shit, or are you just autistic? There would be dozens of lifeless moons and minor satellites.

Whoops, got ahead of myself there.
By that logic it's improbable that the Earth and moon have similar compositions.
Would be pretty easy for them to have molten cores due to gravitational pull from the gas giant.

Admiral, it should be random and light.

Daily reminder that X3 TC/AP is the only good spess game since Freelancer.

YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS BY NOW!

You have shit taste user.

I'm not the one with shit taste here, fam.

It's okay user, but it's not good. Discovery mod is beyond overrated as the gameplay is still static and dull.

The gameplay is what you make of it, and there's no RP required. If you have a friend, you can get enough money in one night to buy and fully kit out a Cruiser by partaking in some creative piracy.

Yes and? Still doesn't mean the whole game is dull shit only really helped along with it's story.
It tries to do everything and ends up doing nothing good. The static economy alone is what kills it which makes everything far too predictable.
Rebel Galaxy and Starpoint Gemini 2 are just flatout way better and even they have their flaws.

It's a fun action/casual multiplayer spess game. If you want something with more meat on it, I already recommended X3 which crushes everything else.
Are you being ironic right now?

Are you? You have been completely unable to refute any of the points I made about any of the deep seated issues Freelancer has.
All Freelancer boils down to is get a bigger stick and go on a sightseeing tour, once you've done that there really isn't much to do. If that's all you want fair enough but don't pretend like there isn't a lot of shit that doesn't do things better with more replay value.

What points? You're just running your mouth about nothing because you're in the mood to argue.

I wish summerfags would leave.

Sure is summer.

Bump.

Stop acting like a Bajoran, Freelancer was alright but had some problems like static economy and fucking small planets. A good stepping stone to X, which is dead now anyways.

It was considered trash when it came out, it is trash today. It's alright and worth playing for one playthrough and that's about it. The multiplayer community for it though is beyond fucking cancer.
I still remember when it used to be shilled heavily over all else. I am actually confused where all the fags that came from though thinking it was "TEH BEST SPACE GAEM EBUR!" while shitting on dozens of games far better than it? I always presumed it was Star Citizen fags eager to suck Chris Roberts dick unless there's some movement I was not aware of.

I think it came from Star Yiddizen but I never saw Freelancer shilled that much in these threads. Apparently X4 is in development, this could be good if they learned from Rebirth.

Freelancer has never been hated in this thread.
Nitpicked at its flaws, wished it was more, sure, but at the time it came out there wasn't anything better on offer and mods have fixxed the worst of its problems. But it has always been regarded as baby's first space elite like game. A good stepping stone for getting into the genre in other words.
Now sit down, shut up and stop pretending you know everything about what goes on in these threads when its so painfully obvious you only been here a week or two.

Yes it has, but that was cause around 2015 it was getting shoved down everyone's throats along with Privateer and Wing Commander
If you think mods fixed the worst of the problems then it's really you who is the newfag around here, as it's worst problem is unfixable and that was the community

Vendetta Online > whatever kike shit you play

I honestly preferred Vega Strike to that.

Also
Did you happen to play Jumpgate back in the day at all?

This motherfucker has been raiding my civilian lines for the past two years and has eluded my military until now.

Offer him a job in your military user

The precursors aren't too kind at getting jobs.

If there was an enemy, you would know about it even without active sensors. They would have attacked your ships. Every ship has thermal and em sensors even without you putting them on, so if they are close enough you can still shoot back.

I had to; especially since I've got the whole series within reach.

And this is the one they'll try to build a cinematic universe from. We're stuck with this. For at least 10 years. Movies, shows, vidya, comics. This is it.

Elf ears.

Islamic influenced art direction.

AREN'T YOU LOVING IT Holla Forums

WE WUZ CLINGONS N SHEID

Islamic what now? I don't see any mud buildings or explosions.

You will never set out to start the project of taming a frontier outpost planet with your's and a few other extended families.

You'll never see your Grandchildren inherit your lives work and continue it, until long after your gone Patrol Ship No.2345 come to inspect and record the events of user Planet (formally out-world 2537-2B) to bring your finding and history back to the home world.

Why even live to be honest.

Don't do that.

This series both hurts me emotionally, and hurts me where I want a Crusader Kings-like grand strategy Gundam game.

Why have they never done anything with this Timeline, it seemed interesting.

For that matter why is there no good space anything any more, Vidya, TV or Film.
Why is it so hard to fill the hole Star Trek leaves in your life after watching it

(Heil)
You're doing god's work, user.
Excellent work.

WE WUZ SPACE KINGS 'N SHIIIET!

What the fuck happened?

which Gundam is this?

Appealing to extant Star Trek fans is problematic because said fans are overwhelmingly straight white males; to show how much they want everyone to love Star Trek, CBS went in the other direction at warp factor full retard to try to cash in on the pop-culture presence of JJTrek. If it works, they'll continue to ignore canon and virtually all of the previous six decades of Star Trek and keep re-hashing and re-booting in ever more progressive iterations for as long as it keeps being profitable. If it doesn't work, they'll just shelve the idea of a new Star Trek TV show for the next decade and change like they did after Enterprise and try some more movies in a few years. Pick your poison

It won't work because it is exclusive to CBS' own paid Netflix clone, only the pilot will be on TV with the rest pay to watch. Also on Netflix if you live outside North America.

I have an odd question. Does anyone know the name of the track from the LOGH OST that sounds like this: vocaroo.com/i/s0KSQ3HKswmw
It's always played during tragic and sinister situation for the empire. Often with Mittermeyer around if I recall correctly.

If you've got a spare 20 minutes this video goes into what's wrong with Discovery.

tl;dr it's like 4-5 different sets of designs all pushed into one.

REMINDER THAT ENT HAD VULCAN SPACE AIDS AND TRIED TO DESTIGMATIZE IT!

Is there any game that is HoI 2 in space?
I get hard just by thinking about combining 4x with HoI 2.

Discovery's main character is a black chick who's playing Spock's half sister. They literally blacked.com Spock's mother.

Star
Trek
Discovery

I am sure they looked at it, saw the implication and decided it was good.

I don't think the show will live and die by that, though; Netfix alone is probably paying them enough to make up a significant chunk of their budget and financial approaches can be revised. As I see it, the main factor in any potential success this show might have will be how many non-Trek fans it ropes in; it will be a win for them and a proof of concept if they manage to make it a hit with normalfags on tumblr/reddit/facebook/etc. like it was capeshit. JJtrek already proved that Star Trek is viable to modern normalfags in movie format and now CBS is trying to do the same for the TV show version. Releasing it on streaming services is a good idea for them because that's exactly where their target demographic is and they get lots of very rapid feedback while not taking a hit from skeptical advertsers. If the response is strong enough to prove to them that it's worth putting on TV then you can bet your ass that the next Trek TV show they do will be on primetime.

If the Tauri are so great, why are there no good Stargate video games?

Because video games suck dick.

Because Stargate is fucking garbage. Why must this be repeated in EVERY darned thread?

You can fight for Israel right now famalama, it's quite literally the closest we have to henchman work that isn't just being a merc.

WE WUZ VULCANOIDS AN SHIET!

But I like Stargate, shame they fucked up with Universe. Apparently they are trying to revive it with a prequel to SG1 and the fucking movie, but I have no real hope for it and believe it will still disappoint me.

Because no one ever agrees with you. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't likeable.

Too bad for you, user.

You keep telling yourself your shit show is good, user.

I don't need to. Everyone else other than you and the two other people like you does that plenty enough for me. Enjoy not enjoying enjoyment.

Other than the dozens of other people in the thread who say the same thing.
Stargate is shit sci fi, it has been shit sci fi ever since SG1 was made and it will continue to be shit long after you accept the facts.
I mean, who the fuck though it would be a good idea to cast mcguyver as grim special forces officer who looks like Kurt Russell still traumatized by his kid committing suicide?

I need a better hint user, got a webm of the music scene or youtube link my man, I wanna know a little more how it sounds before I get to deep in this music list and end up missing it

Gundam thunderbolt

Lol. Wrong.

I wish I knew but I'm not about to rewatch a whole bunch of episodes just to find it. I know it's used in season 3 and probably 4 as well. Chances are it's used throughout the whole series though.
I recall it being used in a scene, where a couple of admirals were discussing recent events on one of those walkways. I'm sorry but that is really all I've got.

An hero.

Stargate was alright but lacked the Humanity Fuck Yeah! factor.

Same, resilient, obnoxious user, not much news
Stop being butthurt

If there's something new to learn, never explore new systems without sufficient military power

Been playing a lot of Freespace 2 recently. I'm curious: Is there an easy way to make small modifications to the HUD? I'd like to use the message system from Wings of Dawn or Blue Planet all the time.

Fucking faggot. No wonder you think Stargate is alright. When you don't know good shows, you will inevitably think bad shows are good.

New thread coming now I guess, any suggestions for thread?

Peace of Muad'dib edition?

Eh, why not. Post some more images to use for the OP

NEW THREAD