Just got one of these about a week ago...

Just got one of these about a week ago, and I can honestly say that it has completely ruined any other controller for me. It's simply THAT good that I refuse to use anything else.

Seriously, how is this thing so underappreciated? This is arguably the most revolutionary controller concept since the dualshock, yet relatively few people use it. Those touch pads make aiming way easier and more precise than regular thumbsticks and, while still not comparable to a mouse, you get to have the comfort of using a controller and still have decent aiming capabilities. Then, the level of customizability offered by this controller is insane. The touch pads even have different modules (d-pad, trackpad, thumbstick, etc.), along with configurable deadzones and so on.

IMO, this should be new standard for controllers.

What does Holla Forums think of it?

thanks for your input gabe

This controller will be the standard within the next 3 years.

It's shit

Isn't the build quality kind of meh?

To give you an idea of how much freedom you have. just look at the left pad. It can be a normal dpad, or 4 buttons, but it can also be a radial menu with like up to 20 buttons (a godsend for RPGs) or a quick menu that can have up to 16. It can even be used as an 8-way d-pad, and it can be both touch and pressed, so it gives a total of 16 buttons. On top of that, you can set it to change from, let's say trackpad to d-pad when you have another button pressed (example: you hold down a trigger and it goes from a stick used to move around, to a dpad used to select weapons).

Biggest downside of the controller is the stick can't be traded out for a dpad or 4 buttons. One second your playing a game that couldn't work without the stick, the next your playing a game where it's a vestigial tumor on the controller. It's a bit of an unfortunate pickle IMO.

That thing is the biggest piece of shit that I have laid my hands on. This made me look back fondly at the Jaguar controller

There are drivers for using it without steam.

hyperbole like this helps nobody

I might pick one up for 20 bucks at max, only because my DS4 is dying of overuse.

Nigga fuck you
I have that same controller and it's a piece of shit.
The deadzone calculations for the dpad suck
Having the DPAD be inset instead of outset even nintendo could tell you why that was a shitty idea, the right Trackpad has lower DPI than the left one.
The ONLY good thing about it is that it is only controller with gyroscopic controls that aren't a fucking nightmare to try and set up, which makes it one of the few controllers that is acceptable to play a first person shooter with.

i can tell you're really trying to sell this, but you can't just lie to people.

If you WANT people to actually start buying these things you should tell the company that threatened to sue you guys after you retardedly failed to patent your own design docs for the modular controller and use the software you already have to fucking MAKE AND USE A CONTROLLER THAT DOESN'T SUCK COMPLETE DICK.

Really? Can i use it as a general X360 controller in any game? Gimme the link please

Just got one of these about a week ago, and I can honestly say that it has completely ruined any other controller for me. It's simply THAT good that I refuse to use anything else.

Seriously, how is this thing so underappreciated? IMO, this should be new standard for controllers.

What does Holla Forums think of it?

Also fuck you Keyboards excel at certain things but suck dick at others just like any other electronic input method.

can you play racing games with that? didn't think so

The thing is crap and I'm not the only one who thinks it's a piece of shit. And seriously, who the fuck used a controller for PC games?

Lack of a proper d-pad makes it terrible for platformers, but an N64 or Saturn controller can solve that pretty easily if you don't want to just use the keyboard.

Keep your old controller, because you will need them to play non-steam games, shill

No d-pad.
LOL Sonygger detected

I do love the customisability of the controller. My favourite is to add light pressure for ADS on the right trigger with additional gyro controls like BOTW, then squeeze a little harder to actually shoot.

The controller works outside of steam. just have to remap the controls in desktop configurations.

I even got OoT emulated with motion aiming.

Fuck off, shill.

He's right about the Touch and press stuff, but yeah, Trackpad is not a d-pad.
You need that Pivot.

Very carefully.

Actually the original Dual Analog Controller for the Playstaion was at the Playstaion Expo in 96, which means it was already in development before the release of the N64. Also, Sony had already been working on the CD Drive for the SNES/SFC at that time FOR Nintendo, so it is possible that Nintendo took the idea from them or vica versa. You call someone a Sonygger but you're just some faggot Nintendo fanboy who doesn't know shit about gaming history.

So I guess literally nobody ever heard of the Nintendo 64 or saw anything about it until it released then.

I don't like your thread

It would be a lot better if it had a decent Dpad instead of the stick for 2d games/menus, not even sure why they have a stick when the point of the haptic touchpad is to replace it.

There is only one genre of gaming that I know of that keyboard (& mouse) are unusable for, and that is racing. Everything else, K&M beat everything else out.

What a pleb.

A keyboard is literally the worse thing to play them with.

Why don't you have a wheel, shifter and pedal combo?

The guy you responded to was talking about keyboards, dumbass.

Wow thanks Valve™.

its over gabe, don't call it a grave, its the future you chose.

If I want to play racing games, I buy a wheel and pedals, I don't use a fucking controller.

I'd actually use my meme controller if I actually used Steam for anything. As it stands, all I use Steam for are games that require the precision of a mouse. If there were a good client to bind it to controls that didn't require everything to be run through Steam, it'd be about 1000x better, but as it stands, it's just a neat novelty. The actual hardware itself is good – super ergonomic, works great for a man with crippling carpal tunnel symptoms – but Valve is a bunch of fucking kikes that refuse to let it work out-of-house.

The only good thing about the controller is the right trackpad. Does anyone even use the left one?

the alt-right unown is real?

Thanks Moshe!

I can confirm that statement is ONE hunderd percent true.

I also have and use a Steasm Controller. Sure, it doesn't work with my favourite games..

For everything I would need a steam controller for instead of a regular controller, a mouse and keyboard is better than both. Since I already have a DS4 and a mouse and keyboard, there is no reason for me to use this.

The only reason I would ever buy one is if I could use it on console, which I can't.

Because timing tapping is so hard.

since you are at (3), post a prove. take a picture of your controller nigger.

I got one around when they came out and to be honest it's collecting dust so I can't say too firmly on the build quality one way or the other but it feels solid.
It's alright, however I have a few normal controllers that I'd prefer for games that were "meant" to be played on a controller, and it's a bit of a pain to set up for anything else.

Frankly the only controller I give a shit about is the Wii U Pro Controller due to its insane battery life.

Oh and putting in the batteries is some weird gunslinger shit. I figured it out but it is counter intuitive and definitely feels like you're gonna break the thing the first time you do it.

Where's the drivers?

Nintendo was 20 years too late to claim the analogue stick was their revolutionary idea. Kill yourself, drone.

your controllers are trash valve

A friend of mine has one of those and Holy Shit this piece of trash is bad. It feels like a cheap 10 dollar 6th party controller from fucking China. It has no weight the "sticks" are made of super cheap plastic, the buttons are tiny and feel horrible and the triggers are shit too. Probably the worst controller I've ever held in my entire life. Go back to Reddit with you Steam Controller shilling.

Do you really not realize he's talking about analog thumbsticks?

Sorry, but you were also 7 years too late to claim that one.

Are you always such an angry and unbearable little shit? Great you came up with an example. Can you provide a name and tell us about it like you actually care about conversation rather than picking a fight?

Weighing in, I have a Steam Controller. I enjoy it, but let's be honest; I'm sitting in front of my desktop most of the time, and my keyboard and mouse are just sitting right there. Maybe if I had a home theater setup, I'd get more use out of the controller.

None of what you said is an argument. Cry moar.

You're not very good at this

Okay? The point was that Sony's dualshock wasn't innovative, not that Nintendo was the first to put a stick on a controller.

And that, anons, is what happens when you get blown the fuck out.

Well unfortunately for you it was actually innovative, because they did something no-one had done before, and which is now a vidya standard, unlike Nintendo.

I came here to laugh at you.

Also RTS and RPG nerd

See this is why fan boys ruin everything.

hahha *burp* hahaa what up?

Lol I use keyboard + mouse even when I'm using my TV screen. I just keep the keyboard on my lap. I do own a controller but they're only good for the old sidescrollers imo.

Somebody has a warehouse full of unsold Steam controllers.
it's op

KBM gets the le PC mustard race mark of elite, despite being the equivalent of doing movement with the C-buttons.
mouse is hard to beat, keyboard is just there because it's already there.

Nintendo is usually very innovative when it comes to fucking up their own brand.

The only games where you need precise axis movement is either racing or flight games, and for those a steering wheel and a joystick are better than just a basic controller.
For pretty much anything else mouse and keyboard is the optimal choice, thats pretty much just an objective fact.

Keyboard is shit. Analog stick or pressure sensitive buttons are they only useful methods of movement. Preferably analog stick.

I've been wanting to try one since it came out but there's been zero price drops and it costs still pretty much the same.

I really have no idea how valve dropped the ball so bad on everything related to steam consoles

Are you actually saying it like it was a normal thing when only the PS2 and PS3 controllers had it?

I'm not taking about what's normal. I'm talking about what's good for movement.

1. Analog stick
2. Pressure sensitive buttons
3. Keyboard

In that order. The same way a mouse is better than the right analog stick on a controller, the left analog stick is better than a keyboard.

Only the analog stick is good for movement, pressure sensitive buttons weren't used for anything regarding movement on the PS2
Even then, games usually move at only 2 different speeds so a run button suffices.

Well now that you mention it platformers and fighting games actually do benefit from that.
But aside that it pales in comparison to the fact that you lack the precision of mouse or the sheer number of different buttons you have with kb+m which you need when you have to aim well or have a game with tons of buttons and unless you're a retard you can still play any platformer or fighting game reasonably well with a kb+m.

A good racing wheel its pretty much a must if you plan to play any non shit racing game seriously but pretty much useless for anything else.
Joystick is pretty much mandatory for any nonshit flying game and beats out the rest by a mile but pretty much useless for anything else.
Controller is best for platforming/fighting games where you need precise movement but for anything else there are better alternatives.
Kb+m can do all of the above relatively well but rocks the rest when it comes to anything requiring precision and speed like strategy and fps games.
Usually a good joystic / wheel will set you back a lot more than a controller / kb+m
So to sum it up I'd still say the kb+m is suprerior since it can do it all and excells in few aspects none of the others do, while at the same time retaining cheap cost and versatility of having a ton of buttons that are customizable.

Because it had an analog stick. What I'm saying is in the absence of an analog stick, pressure sensitive buttons are better than non-pressure sensitive buttons/keyboard keys. Ultimately the point I'm trying to make is keyboard sucks donkey dick for movement.

And when you're not playing videogames kb+m beats the rest hands down.

KB/M has a lot more camera movement precision than an analog stick.
Like I said, movement speed is the only thing that'd benefit from a stick, but even then most games just have 2 movement speeds which can be handled with a run button and maybe a crouch button

Now you're saying what I'm saying.

No. Definitely not most games.

Name a few

Not that user, but you have to be fucking stupid or stuck in the 90's not to know 99% of games are made for consoles and therefore with analog movement in mind.

Any game with more than 3 movement speeds where it's actually relevant to be able to control your speed that's not a racing or flight game?

You stupid niggers probably think this plays best with KB+M

Arma 3 comes to mind, but works well on a keyboard.

Actually, yea.
While movement on keyboard is restricted to eight directions, he walks relative to the camera which you control via mouse. So any precision angles or jumps can be easily done.

The ONLY game where I actually needed the precision of a mouse was CS. That's it. Every other game I play is either singleplayer or simply do not require the same level of precision like TF2. Gamepads will always beat KB+M at two things; 1.) ergonomics, and 2.) pressure sensitivity unless you have a pressure sensitive keyboard but those are expensive and are not very common.