Calling all weebanons

Calling all weebanons

I figured i'd try something new recently, and give anime a shot.. I hadn't watched actual anime since 2013 with Deathnote, and whilst it was pretty good, I felt like it didn't really stand out so much because apart from having a great premise, there were plenty of other conventions and set pieces which just made it a little more generic.

I'm currently watching Jojo's bizarre adventure, and the manly overtones, and over-the-top action sequences and engaging suspense resonates with me far better than the crawling pace that seems to be more characteristic of these shows. I'm also planning on watching fist of the north star at some point.

The reason for me wanting to start watching all this stuff is mainly because I watched the anime inspired garfielf animation and I wanted to get my fix of exaggerated, over the top manly shit.

And the reason I type this now, is because I'm hoping that some of you anons can direct me to some more weeb-oriented games, and I'm not talking about games just MADE in japan, or ABOUT japan, because I play shogun total war 2 and Dark souls and other games by capcom fairly regularly/irregularly anyway.. I'm talking about something almost directly inspired by anime/japanese/weeb culture.

Fighting games extremely welcome.
Turn based shit not so much, although I can always overlook it Jagged alliance 2 has raised my standards of what turn based combat should pertain to.
Preferably no faggot-esque material, where the protagonist is an edgy manchild with dumb hair and an even dumber, impractical outfit.. That shit is what turned me off from wanting to invest in anime in the first place. I can overlook impracticality in Jojo because it's often for the sake of looking/being more badass. Even the fact that a 16th century knight is wearing dragon quest armor. He would have actually looked more badass in full plate but w/e.

Yea, what you gonna do nigga? Check these digits.

Also Eastern game thread I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

bato.to/comic/_/comics/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-1-phantom-blood-r5454
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How about you check these digits faggot

Fuck off

>>>/a/

Fuck off kid

People who do this should be gassed.

Fuck off, nigger.

Jojo is shit compared to FotNS.
You suck cock, faggot.

check

It's faggots like you who give jojo a bad name.

Just watch LOGH and never touch anime again.
Simple.

I no longer have the slightest clue what this word is supposed to mean.

Also is that Bailey Jay? Do it have own manga now?

Don't worry user, we can have singles together.

What did I do wrong? Insult your precious anime? It must be difficult to accept that you belong in a fan base filled with so many oversensitive degenerate subhumans.

Baitfags take note,
this is how you trigger Holla Forums

Well I see you are far more versed in shitposting than in anime.

Where? Everyone getting triggered and calling me a faggot? Try again you fuckwit.
Unsurprising. Post quality really has dropped around here.

I don't know, nigger. I didn't read your post.

Maybe if you stopped radiating faggotry like a fiery sun people would stop calling you a faggot.

I take it back, you don't know your shitposting, you're just an extreme newfag.

I don't care if eastern games are "weebshit" I just find western games disgusting

Like I said. I don't care if western devs die.

I just think that western games are unclean. Why would you play a wrpg that has been poorly coded and injected with all sorts of social justice bullshit? Why would you play something that could very well serve an agenda at the moment it was written? Why would you install it on your computer? Why would you play something that eventually will make you gay? Because it's fun? Is your life so empty that you have to get joy out of life by playing video games?

Real men play eastern games. Western games are for lazy, stupid, fat, ugly people. Being a weeb/weaboo/Japanophile is a sign of a thoughtful, disciplined individual. Even Holla Forums can't possibly argue that western games are clever, as nobody knows how to use DOS anymore, and that anybody from the fag/g/iest to the dumbest, smelliest fuck can launch Steam. The real intelligence comes from being disciplined enough to play only eastern games. Fuck the west, and fuck you slobs.

I appreacite the effort, but your bait is wasted on this thread.

No, you just picked some shit you didn't like about my post and jumped on the hate train. Well, I admit, there's plenty to pick fault with on this board, but all I did was ask a simple question with a little backstory, and everyone jumps on me for it.

Well, I'm not too fussed either way, I just wanted to see if I could start a discussion is all, but I see that people here are more interested in shitflinging and stamping on people, as usual.

What an argument! A+
I will continue to be an antagonising faggot if it keeps triggering everyone in this amusing manner

I actually prefer to have some integrity user, sticking to your guns is something a lot of people don't do. Would you prefer I just squirmed under all your collective posts and caved in like you probably might? No. I won't stand down just because some edgy weeaboo thinks I'm a faggot.

Everyone who uses this word is a fucking idiot, prove me wrong.

watch madoka and play some of the fan games like grief syndrome

I admit, it's definition has been convoluted with excessive use by the larger majority of people, but it's base interpretation/loose definition is in internet terms:

I believe I've created some unintentional stir merely be creating this somehow 'triggering' triggering people's emotional response in this instance OP, and consequently people have been 'triggered', in loose terms, by this event, and have decided to share their opinions with me, which they are fully entitled to do.

But what does it matter now. This thread is long dead now besides, even if the people posting in it were somehow able to avert their gaze from the things that were so supposedly antagonising from the OP. I'm more resigned, than surprised at this point to be honest.

Why did you bother posting all that shit at me?
What the fuck? Are you actually autistic?

Are you me? I stopped watching anime ages ago and started again all thanks to jojo. now go read the manga you faggot, part 7 is best part. I would also recommend playing gekokujo, its a mod for warband that makes it set during the sengoku jidai.

I don't mean to insult your interests with these words, sir, but I don't think they would provide much interest. Just looks a bit generic to me, but even in saying that I suppose I've summoned your ire regardless.

I'd prefer to promote actual discussion on Holla Forums rather than just
This is just low effort.

Maybe I will.. I've heard plenty of good things about it. Where could I find it to?
I'm totally burnt out on warband tbh.. I sincerely hope bannerlord is worth the wait, because a lot of things about warband now I just get tired of because I've experienced it so many times.

I downloaded it awhile ago anyway, hoping to rekindle my interest, but it just doesn't seem to be enough.
I've got about 411 hours in case you were wondering

goemon runs well on mupen64, not sure about on project64

bato.to/comic/_/comics/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-1-phantom-blood-r5454

Do it nigga.

Damn.. I haven't played a 64 game in at least a decade.. Brings me back a little bit. Thanks for the suggestion, user, but as far as old games go, I generally prefer to play them on pc although the n64 emulator probably isn't that bad, setting your keyboard up to match the inputs is just such a ballache

What a pathetic attempt of driving a wedge between /a/ and us.

Is it possible to get a scan I meant? I followed almost every link and couldn't find what I was trying to do.

Also I figure now what I might have done in the OP to make everyone so angry.. The word 'weeb' can sometimes be abbreviated as weeaboo right? I didn't intend for people to take this so personally, but nevertheless, it was quite unfortunate that they did If this was even the problem to begin with

You could have gotten some actual recommendations if you just asked for weeb games, but instead you had to go and needlessly write a blog like the faggot that you are.

You're hopeless OP.

Nights of Azure
All Senran Kagura games.
Onechanbra
The Fruit of Grisaia
Guilty Gear xrd
Any sakura game
Neptunia 1-5

Here are some random weeb games with varying degrees of quality and sex appeal.

I hate ANIME

give the first 3 episodes a try before you do the whole judging a book by its cover thing.

A - being
N - straight
I
M
E

Go watch Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Battle Angel, Lain, Big O, and Berserk you no-taste faggot.

you don't get to call someone else no taste when your examples of the opposite are berserk and beep boop

>>>/a/
I bet you've not even watched/read half of what I listed.

Lain is pretentious garbage

everyone has seen your entry level/adult swim anime user. we get it, it's all you've seen.

Recommend something better then, summerfag.

Stop wasting your time here OP. It's clear that there's no discussion to be had. You're basically not accepted to have a humble opinion + request in a non-arrogant way because you're not a part of the sekrit club. If you wanna waste your time with gatekeepers, fine by me. But I'd stop looking for approval from other people if I were you. Just go to where you found Jojo and Deathnote and click everything that is similar to it. For games, the same.

flip flappers

Seinfeld Gaiden

that's such a strange/dumb name

are you serious?

Go back to >>>/reddit/ and stay there, nigger-loving cum-drinking communist JEW

Can you not see by my post that I would hate reddit? Do you know why? Because of shutting down other people from speaking. If this thread would have a downvote button, it would be hidden already. But then again, you're an idiot so I shouldn't expect much of you. All you can do is generic replies.

I'm recommending it because it's good shit that IS entry level, nigger. O.P is the sort that watches garbage meme anime (and I suspect you do as well).
If he was past entry-level I'd be recommending (mostly the manga adaptions) of Blame!, Desert Punk, Armour Hunter Mellowlink, I Am A Hero, Etc.

Your lies can't hurt me, kike. When the Day of the Rope comes you are first for being a race-traitor hahaha

:)

No.

OK GENERIC SAGE user. +5 image boarding EXP has been awarded to you.

lets flip flappingu

[reaction image] [sarcastic reply] [deflection]

kid cop and berserk and trigun aren't good entry level anime. I wouldn't go sharing your adult swim history in public like that.

I watched it many years ago. Perhaps that's why my opinion of most anime is so warped? I don't remember it as being bad, just only entertaining for a few episodes at a time. I only got up to episode 8 of season 1 IIRC

Whatever you say user, but don't you think if this was a false flag I'd be trying to goad people further? Can't see past the surface it seems.

Sorry almost satan, I just felt like relaying my story with people even if they weren't interested in the first place.

You didn't have to read it if you didn't want anyhow

Thanks, I try my best :^)
But seriously, where the fuck is it?

Nice catch user! I'll be sure to check them out. I hear quite a lot about Senran Kagura.. The game is based on the anime right? Should I watch that first?

I suppose you're right. I've just started to get my feet wet, I feel like I want to ease myself into it so that it feels more like I'm savouring it rather than just ingratiating myself with it. I would prefer it to be more like an ongoing interest, rather than just a passing phase. I've always been on the ledge about it before, I'd wanted to watch Jojo for a long time though so that was probably one of the deciding factors.

Fuck.. Heard so much about this show.. Definitely on my backlog as well, it's kind of like an anime version of firefly right? Forgive me if that's a shitty comparison, I've just only heard little bits about it.
I've heard this is also very good. I should definitely get into these when I've finished getting my feet wet with Jojo. I'm still only on the first season..
Isn't this some kind of Hentai/Anime hybrid? I'm okay with this, but I'm trying to cut down on masturbating so frequently as it is

Haven't heard about the rest of them so much. Think I might take them with a grain of salt.

Which post in particular are you referring to?

This is what I originally thought as well, but now that the initial shock has gone perhaps? this thread may not be so lost as it had first seemed.. I'll probably end up eating those words but w/e.

My intention was never to try to gain the affection of these over-defensive types, I just wanted to find out what people's opinions were on decent anime/jap games, and see if I could somehow relate to that down the line.

But if the thread was/still is destined to crash with no survivors, then I would just pretty much do this:

Correct. I was actually worried that Mark might have interfered as well, but I thought I would go for it regardless.

I think the game came out first, the anime is okay, but the games are actually better, play the games first.

wow, time to watch it

good to see you have some humility about it, download the meguca subs and watch the first 3 episodes before anything. Almost every show doesn't get "started" until 3 or 4 episodes in, and I find that's a good rule to go by. Give shows a decent chance, 3 episodes in anime land is just an hour so it's not like a huge investment.

Madoka has a very well told story that both deceives and manipulates the audience, and there is nothing like seeing it when it was first airing, but since you don't seem to know much about it your experience will be fairly similar to that. It's a show you need to swallow your pride, accept you're watching something that appears to be about cutesy magical girls doing magical girl things but with trippy enemy of the week fights until you can really tell where the story is going. I recommend watching it in 3 episode bursts, and it's really not a big request considering its just 12 episodes. Contrary to Jojo's which is in the 100 episode+ range now? I'll take you a day to finish rather than 3 weeks.

OP is a faggot trying to fit in and be "in the know"

I admit the show goes to shit after episode 10 but everything before then is real πŸ˜ŒπŸ’―πŸ˜ŒπŸ’―πŸ˜ŒπŸ’― πŸ’―fucking πŸ‘ŒπŸ˜ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ˜ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ˜ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ˜ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ˜ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ˜ŒπŸ‘Œ if you πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ catch my πŸ’―πŸ‘Œ drift homieπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―

Holy kek, that's what you consider to be good anime? That moe garbage?
Holy shit my sides are in orbit.
Please explain how that literal waifu pandering trash is any better than the anime I have listed.
Oh that's right you can't you're just shitposting because you're angry most people on here insult shit taste like yours.

No, it's a sweet cyberpunk story. I would rather not spoil it. It's OVA quality from the nineties.

Get the fuck off and watch some Legend of the Galactic Heroes or Gundam.

everyone has seen these, maybe get some taste other than "I like what everyone else does" you identityless faggot

[good anime] [entry level] [shit .mp4]

if you just stick to the entry level you may as well not even bother doing that much if you're going to be stuck there. It's just sad. Like you try to get in to something just to say you're into it, but only like the accepted normal "top tier" shit. Let me guess, your favorite game is deus ex, you used to be a big souls fan, and you are a PC gamer first and foremost? stalker, mount & blade, cyclical threads?

ringing any bells? getting bored yet? I've been bored.

1: Not an argument
2: I'm trying to help you cure your shit taste
3:
WEW lad, aren't you need at your summer classes? How the hell are my taste generic as well? You're literally cherry picking and projecting.
I could also recommend the works of Douman Sayman and Ha Il Kwon among others but it was not appropriate.

I wouldn't know this since you're telling everyone to watch things everyone has seen? Why are you so defensive?

Oh ok.. I was thinking about getting it in the steam sale, but at the time I couldn't really justify spending that much money on something I wasn't even sure I would like.

I also thought it would be a little awkward for people to see me playing that on steam, but I had already bought 'Long live the queen' long before that, so I suppose I don't really care that much. Long live the queen is shit, don't buy it.

Where's the fucking manly men in this anime user? Where's the chiselled jawlines and ridiculously buff physiques? I know what I'm saying sounds pretty gay, but whatever I saw in that webm is more gay than anything I have just said.

I guess it wouldn't really take much time to do. Fine, I'll put it on my backlog/to watch list. The 3 episode thing sounds like a good idea too, it sounds similar to a rule I have with films, but I give it 10-15 minutes to get good because the start and the ending should be the most gripping IMO.

If I cared at all about fitting in I'd actually be speaking a lot more like you, e.g. the contemporary majority.

I think you fucked up in your post user. You tagged my post twice in your response it seems.
Holy shit my sides are in orbit.
Please explain how that literal waifu pandering trash is any better than the anime I have listed.
Oh that's right you can't you're just shitposting because you're angry most people on here insult shit taste like yours.
I take it that this:
Was actually intended for me? Just want to clear that up, because otherwise I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to.. This list?

Also I remember Attack on Titan having a big following back when it first released, but I'm quite surprised I haven't seen it mentioned in this thread at least once.. Is it actually garbage? Also what about DBZ? Is that worth watching In your opinion of course?

Because you're arguing like a woman on a man's forum whilst shitting on classical works for no reason, claiming your shitty girl anime is better, and insulting people when you're questioned as to why. I don't think you ever read Blame! Or I Am A Hero. Hell, I'd be surprised if you watched Desert Punk.
Plebians and Jews are not allowed here.

flip flappers is trash and so is your reasoning.

It was meant for 6620af. Attack on Titan is garbage seasonal anime, don't bother with it.

yes, avoid attack on titan. it had an interesting premise and it worked for the first 3 episodes, but the studio, instead of sticking to their conviction, reacted to the popularity by botching the condensed 12 episode format and literally having a quarter of the first season be episodes that are 20 minute recaps, 1 minute of op, 1 minute of ed, and 1 minute of actual new content and story progression. It was so incredibly disappointing. I think the best thing I can say about it, is it did a decent job at combining CGI and traditional animation. Avoid it tbh.

no wonder you're so defensive, you get hurt when you're told things you like are popular. It's also spelled plebeians.

Fuck weebs

You are a very pathetic, sad little man that gets worked up over what others might or might not enjoy and desperste to prove how much better you are for liking lesser known weeb shit. You are not special. ;)

watch some game play it's a brawler where you get to touch the girls bodies, and dressing them up in certain outfits. certain games have special features like crimson has breast customization.

i think that there is a demo, you should try it out.

Yeah , if you're worried about make a separate steam account or buy it for consoles and then just crack the games.
Long love the queen is so tame.

OP, don't avoid attack on titan. Watch it and form your own opinion.

This is the mentality of the Jew. Christ, keep it coming. I'm laughing my ass off at you trying to justify your shit taste.

Shit taste or not, at least its mine :)

Kill yourself.But check em first

As I said, you are not special.

He says as he watches seasonal anime and refusing to acknowledge half of my recommendations.

what the fuck is wrong with you

It used to mean people who were too obsessed with anime/japan, but now it means literally anything related to japan or anyone who doesn't hate anything related to japan.

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I've seen them all and i read kwon, everyone has seen these very popular anime and they are all worth watching but definitely not remotely surprising. Insisting someone hasn't just comes off like these are still fresh experiences to you. You're a stereotype and its kinds embarrassing watching someone project their "refined" tastes of shows that are called entry level for a reason.

I've seen them all and i read watch moe anime, everyone has seen these very popular anime and they are not worth watching and definitely not remotely surprising. Insisting someone should just comes off like these are still fresh experiences to you. You're a stereotype and its kinds embarrassing watching someone project their "refined" tastes of shows that are called shit for a reason

Ahh okay.I just wanted to make sure what you were referring to because I wasn't sure whether you were going to clarify in a separate post or not, either way I do wish you had but nevermind.. I'm not trying to be your dad user, I'm just saying is all.

That's the other part that I worry about too.. I always worry about this flavour of the month type thing – a show that might start off good but then turns bad or such.. It feels almost like you've wasted the time you've already put into it.

That's what I was worried about.. Shame, but even the greatest shows aren't immune to becoming tainted.

I appreciate that user, trouble is I do find it difficult to want to ingratiate myself with something if I already know that it has a weak finale/ends up being shit, because by that point, I'm already invested.. So essentially I could be building myself up for a disappointment. I might check it out regardless, but my backlog is already quite full in any case.

I'll definitely give it a shot. In fact I'm.. Acquiring it now. Which would you say is objectively best? Is there a throughline so that if I play the most recent, I won't have any idea of WTF is going on?

Pic related.

Well if it's a decent game I don't actually care because then I could just shill it to people, but if it was VN tier, that would certainly be harder to justify if I wanted to do so.
I bought it because of the promise of free choice, unfortunately it just boiled down to WRONG and CORRECT paths.

I think that's a very loose definition only coined by people who want to use it as an insult. It would probably help if the people who were called it didn't get so uptight and defensive and just laughed it off, but I could be wrong

There is no individuality as far as media consumption goes, especially something as shallow as anime. You are either regurgitating what some normalfag from reddit likes or some /a/ neckbeard. Entry level is a stupid term made by insecure fucks who want to feel special about their particular taste for lesser mainstream shit

Does the word entry level hurt you? All it means is shit everyone starts with/is a decent starting point to other material.

Its like deus ex and stalker. Recommending games like these on Holla Forums is like a duh statement. It goes without saying that yes you should probably check out these games which get 24/7 threads to get on the same level as everyone else.

Also since you've been so eager to recommend things, try gunsmith cats and riding bean, very fun 90s ovas. I like some of the cream lemon episodes too.

Reading comprehension nigger, do you have it? You're just blindly shitposting and insulting old anime in a thread where the OP specified their lack of ==experience with anime.==
Your first post was calling cowboy bebop "adult swim-taste" and then posting garbage moe anime. Fuck off, redditor. And learn to read.

Because I don't want to deal with yet another idiot like you, who are a distinct group of know nothing morons who regurgitate the same shit over and over again.

Are you also implying that a show that was on adult swim for over a decade isn't adult swim taste?

A lot of people around here call themselves weebs.

Because I don't want to deal with yet another idiot like you, who are a distinct group of know nothing morons who regurgitate the same shit over and over again.
Are you also implying that a show that was seasonal for over a decade isn't shit taste?

Maybe it can be used colloquially as well then. I think it depends on how the individual perceives it too, because you can see it being used as a derogatory term as well

You are just another one out of millions

Is it a Holla Forums misunderstanding or a Holla Forums (((misunderstanding?))) why else would anyone insist that they should watch only these specific entry level shows πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”

Who is insisting?

(18)
Top kek. Your taste will remain shit regardless of whether or not entry level shows exist.

This is some seriously autistic shitposting right here. Fuck off forever, and stay the fuck out of /a/, too.

You post like a faggot straight from cuckchan and I hope you kys along with the redditors here spoonfeeding you

check em

Hey, thanks guys! :^) But in all seriousness if you want this thread to die then why are you posting in it, sage and all? Do you really think I care what you think, or what you say will affect me in the slightest?

I might just visit /a/ to spite you if getting immersed in your treasured pasttime wasn't so difficult for anyone with an IQ above 60. Please note; This is how easy it is to offend you. Grow some thicker skin.

Anyway, enough about that. So I played the latest Senran Kagura yesterday, and I actually quite like it – even if it is a port that has definitely cut some corners. The girls were also a bonus. I was kind of worried that my interest in the game was only because of the girls, but whatever. I also tried to get back into PSO2, but I had to delete my previous two characters as they seriously looked like abominations whoever linked ass size to belly size in the character creator needs to be given a surfing trip in a vat full of bat piss.

I also remember trying to get into Valkyria chronicles a while back but it annoyed me how it was obviously a reimagining of WW2 but with Russia as the main antagonist, and essentially you're playing as poland, and from there it becomes kind of predictable. The creative license with history didn't annoy me so much, because obviously it achknowledged itself as a work of fiction.

What really annoyed me was, OF COURSE your team will prevail – teams of adolescent teenagers with bieber hair and quirky character traits will ALWAYS defeat elite, trained soldiers/men with actual combat experience.. Christ.. I'm getting sick of these generic themes of Teen angst > regimen and training in a lot of these animes inspired things, but fortunately not ALL of them have these elements, and some are even tongue in cheek about it so it's forgivable. I just find the whole 'battling against overwhelming odds' shit a hard sell, when we've already established that name alone or story significance equates to level of physical power. I also realise it's not just anime that does this, like in farcry 3 when you're playing some adrenaline junkie 20 something who's seemingly never held a gun in his life, but he suddenly becomes Rambo 30 minutes in. The gameplay was actually quite intuitive though, so I can't really fault it for that I suppose. I might have also made some sweeping judgements based merely upon what I had experienced, but I find the whole experience hard to proceed through, and it was a shame because it had been on my watchlist for a few years or so. I also remember an experience a while back on the gamecube, a friend of mine had lent to me a game for me to play on my gamecube, and you play as like 4 teenagers or something in an isometric view, but they all look like chibi characters.

I had to stop playing when the 4 of you somehow manage to take down a fully grown man wearing armor and wielding a sword. I don't have any regrets about dropping it there and then, I feel like my experience of anime games was somewhat tainted from that point on though. Didn't stop me from trying some others down the line because you can't judge it all just by one bad experience, but the same kind of themes keep popping up. I kinda wish a few of these dudes would take some notes from the slavs, they don't give people fairy dust or being a protagonist as a special power/privelege, unless you count the breeki levels.