Has there ever been a game where you used both the m/k and a gamepad?

Has there ever been a game where you used both the m/k and a gamepad?

I really don't like using the keyboard for driving in gta so i just use the gamepad for it and sometimes m/k for everything else.

Yes, there was one, Fragile Dreams on dolphin emulator. I've had to use mouse on look and analog moving on gamepad to beat this game. Or else there are parts you can't beat, without moving just a little (keyboard moving screwed up traps). And mouse aiming actually helped a lot.

I end up holding my controller in my left hand to do movement while aiming using the mouse in my right hand. Playing the game like this gives me an idea for a new controller. I know hybrid controllers already exist, but they're rare as shit.

I do if I'm playing Assassin/Ranger/Strider in Dragon's Dogma, since headshots are disgustingly damaging, and basically effortless with a mouse.

Same here, I use kb+m in GTA gunfight scenes, and gamepad for other parts.

Do you fucking have 4 hands, freak?

I did it in Dragon's Dogma.
Being able to drop my controller and go to the mouse for aiming was really fucking fun and useful for Striders or Assassins.

One of you tried these things, idk what they are called but the logitech g13 for example? I wanted to try them once, but I really don't want to spend money on something that ugly.

It's kinda like a controller mouse combo. you got keys, you got a stick, and you can just use your mouse.

I play Descent with WASD (actually ESDF because it's better) on the left hand and a flight stick in my right hand, not sure if that counts.

Overwatch for the PS4

CEASE TO EXIST

I've used keyboard+mouse for on foot and gamepad for driving segments whenever the game allowed it.

That would be so awesome for video games.

it would make jerking it easier for sure.

Just so you know, it emulates mouse movement, but its not real mouse movement. Its shit.

Fucking casual get out!

Doesn't Blizz ban you for using that?

No, the G13 is not a mouse. Speed pads are designed to be used in conjunction with a mouse, not as one.

How could they even go about doing that on PS4 of all places?

Yeah I worded that badly, what I mean is you can use that thing in one hand, kinda like a controller since it has a stick and your mouse on the other. One thing I miss is the ability to adjust your speed on keyboard. Because you can either walk, or sneak, but you can't adjust the walking speed the way you do with a controller.

Quake II for PSX lets you do this. It's a bit fidgety, though, since the controller was made for two hands.

I do this in the Just Cause series

there's not even a clutch you faggot, get the fuck out i do wish the g27 had a handbrake though

I have one. It makes playing GTA vc so easy since i dont have to do that stupid control setup where 9 on the numpad is forward. It also makes SA easier too since i can look with the mouse while flying planes. The price can be almost too steep, but i like it for what it does. The joystick for movement is a bit awkward though.

Okay, apparently these things are called "Gaming Keypad". And you say that the joystick is awkward? Because that would be one of the reasons why I would want one.

Anyway, someone needs to fix this, I don't have enough keys on my keyboard.

The way you have your thumb on the joystick makes it feel awkward for movement, but maybe thats just my autism. It does make for an amazing left handed mouse/KB combo though.

In GTA I use keyboard and mouse for the driving and a gamepad for moving and shooting outside of the car.

In Space Marine I used m+k for shooting and controller for the melee weapons.

Wouldnt you want it the other way?

Seriously, git gud. There isn't a game that does keyboard aircraft controls better than 3D era GTA.

That is one reason I kinda fucking hate Sony for patenting the analog face buttons. Means we can't get analog keys on PC.

How the hell are you supposed to use the brake without hitting either the gas or the clutch? Confirmed manlet.

This thing. I play it with a gamepad because that's how action games are meant to be played also because the game is a piece of shit that has mouse acceleration that gets fucked by framerate so sometimes my camera spins 720 degrees from the slightest movement. But you can't chat without using a keyboard and it's just straight up more convenient to use consumable and hotkeyed skills with keyboard so that's what I did.
Also western release soon fellow ARKS.

why not just get a gamecube keyboard controller?

I live in an Asian country so my peripheral choices are either authentic mainstream ones, shitty chink knockoff of mainstream ones, or shitty chink knockoff of unpopular one.
I know for a fact that anything involving the gamecube available around would be bootleg chink shit so I never bothered. And besides, it looks cumbersome.
Also because I used my Model M so much now that typing on anything else just feels really jarring.