Todd cut all this content from Skyrim

Why did Todd remove all of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

tcrf.net/The_Elder_Scrolls_II:_Daggerfall
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:CNavellier/Todd_Howard_Gives_His_Top_Game_Picks_of_all_Time
industrygamers.com/galleries/playing-favorites-bethesdas-todd-howard/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Beause it's not enough to lie. He cuts content just so he can lie about it being there.

Pretty much the story of the series, really.
Ambition was a mistake

todd is that little with with eyes bigger than his stomach. dont be mean fam.

It wouldn't have helped the gameplay and you know it you naive nigger

I know there are fixes but that isn't the point these fuckwits had 6 fucking years to fix their game but didn't, they don't even deserve to be pirated

Because development of Skyrim and Fallout 4 was one giant mess. I am pretty sure they don't really know what they are doing since Oblivion.

Writers alone saying that they have hard time predicting what player will do shows they have no idea how to make a game.
Looking at their game performance and their AI failures I am pretty sure rest of their teams also have no idea how to make a game.

works fine for me

works on my machine

there are developers cutting up games in china goddamit! you are not throwing that content out

Saged for shit marketing.

This is a mod.

that was a cool mod. i watched the whole thing. when are they going to make another elder scrolls game? i don't have any desire to play (or fucking buy) skyrim again, since i finished the damn thing almost six years ago. SERIOUSLY IT WAS SIX YEARS AGO

Take a good look, this is what a Kojimbo fan looks like

What's it like having shitty taste?

How do people interpret "it just works"?

Is Todd saying: "It just works. We ain't gotta explain shit, it JUST WORKS!"
Or is Todd saying: "It just works. Seriously, look at it funny and it breaks. It's barely functioning."

Oh, and daily reminder Todd could be a great director, but he has trouble saying "No" to stupid ideas from the interns, so everyone is working on their little pet project instead of together to make everything work fluidly.

Beth games would actually be halfway decent if they didn't let everyone do what they like and instead worked on the core shit THEN worked on the fluff.

Youre still going to do it, cause it's worth it and you damn well know it.

Yeah, you're right.

Every TES game starting with TES2 has had cut content.
tcrf.net/The_Elder_Scrolls_II:_Daggerfall
This is just how game development goes, not everything you wanted to add or were planning to add can be added.

I never understood Skyrim.

Why did Todd remove all of it?

I think its supposed to be the 1st one.

He says it dismissively, so the implication is that it works perfectly without flaws or faults - and it was super easy to do because he's so great.

I don't think he says it dismissively, though. He says it in a cheery way, like "I'm amazed this even works!"

its immersive

Mate Todd was the reason it was there in the first place, Pete cut it out

It's because Todd is a genuis too bad Pete ruins fucking everything

That's just a jewish trick.

This. They develop like bioware developed me:a. "We are all friends, do want you want to do, keep your own pace". Meanwhile zenimax kikes developers by not rewarding milestones.

I'll pm you the fix

Tell me Todds, tell me sweet little Todds!

lmao

ftfy. Most people don't have the money or influence to fight against accusations of being anti-[any Leftist dogma].

Skyrim had a lot of cut shit that would have made the game a lot better, like a realistic supply and demand based economy and a dynamic civil war that you could actually lose. The former was marketed but became another of Todd's lies, the latter was only discovered by modders digging through the game files.

Turning shilling into meme was a mistake.

Isn't Todd just an ideas guy? Did he actually cause the downfall of TES?

I think Todd can actually code and work on the games. There is a room in every tes games his worked on thats labeled with his name.

It was normalfags' first "real" game, of course theyll find it impressive

Well it does have some nice world building and music. A few comfy spots. Many look over core gameplay flaws and letdowns as long as they get immersion an inch deep.

Todd dindu nuffin it was all Pete

Fuck off Pete, you're the reason FO4 sucked

"Immersion" was just innitial feeling, digging deeper into the game ruined it. It had shit gameplay, story and dialogues and with that the immersion cant and wont last long.

He makes things just to take them away. Just because he can.

The only reason anyone other than Normalfags plays RPGs is the story anyway.

This place is a bunch of self-hating normalfags.

I agree, but the "just the tip"-immersion is enough for the normalfags.
I once had a heated argument with one on youtube, and he insisted that an open world game could not be railroady, even though every quest is on rails. It was about that execution in Solitude, on a video where the player attempted everything to save the prisoner, even console killing everyone but him. What happened then? He was console killed by the game.

Downfall of TES is an inevitability, but Todd is an executive director, he doesn't really have a vision apart from that of a shippable product. Todd is good at cutting out the content, his biggest single contribution to Morrowind was the construction set, a cut down version of the internal development tools.

Daggerfall needed to be cut down anyway, the world is too big to the point that you could never visit 90% of towns and have missed out on nothing, my ideal size would be (BotW playable map size x counties/holds etc.) per province. The Imperial city should be so big that I should be able to play through an entire RP character arc and never have to leave the walls of the city.

ToddTest rooms were only in Morrowind and Oblivion, and they were just test rooms with all items and some NPCs and enemies to test interactions.

There was nothing amazingly special in terms of code, and Todd was just the namesake, he didn't actually code it.

He's 100% the ideas guy. He seems to genuinely love video games and his top 10 list was pretty good, but I have to agree with the probable shitposters that Pete ruins TES, not Todd.

Size of the map really doesn't matter if you lack the content to fill it with. That's the biggest issue all open world games have to face, how to cram in enough diverse and quality content to justify the map size.

That's every game for you user, there's always problems in the development of a game, and they have to forget entire levels, gameplay mechanics or characters because of unpredicted turns of event. I remember having heard two old Insomniac developers talking about how Ratchet & Clank 3 was supposed to have space combat again and two other arenas, but Sony absolutely wanted them to introduce that nonsensical multiplayer, so they had to redirect their effort because of a greedy and stupid publisher

I like Hadvar's cut voice better than his current one

Agree and disagree, a large map is good for immersion, since having a "citiy" with 76 citizens many of them sharing voices and many of them named with a line or two of dialogue and being able to see other "cities" from your current one knowing their small size is pretty bad. density doesn't matter too much, large spaces of just nature or long windy roads are fine, as long as the content I can find is engaging, also a good fast travel system is a must, but preferably something immersive, like mass transit from Morrowind, but with schedules instead of them waiting around all the time for your 17 gold.

There are more ways to make the long empty journey seem full of content, give me companions that are enjoyable to travel with and offer benefits that aren't just combat, give me a dynamic interactive environment, players should want to just go and gather ingredient instead of stuffing their satchel with everything that crosses their path, these problems need to be solved, and they have been but developers don't want to put in the effort.

You have vast experience with that, being a casual cinematic® gayweeb. So im not sure if that was a rethoric question or what

oh what was it?

Sad cucks

He is or was, not sure a good programmer, but he did nearly destroy bethesda for his first actual directing job which was for the game redguard, with cyrus and clavicus vile. Then oblivion was a runaway hit. What's really destroying bethesda is zenimax, their boss who is so scummy he was actually barred from banking or lawyering iirc, and pete hines who hates any complexity at all in a game, to the point where he wants to be able to walk away from conversations in games at any time because conversations are boring he said this.

That's not to say Todd is blameless in all of this. IIRC one of his favorite games is ultima 8 and he prefers games that make you feel badass and are rather simplified so he's not innocent in everything but of all the people at Bethesda Todd is the only one i'd believe actually cares about videogames and wants to make a good game by the end of it. The rest are in it solely for the money. And nowadays developers who actually care about making a good game, rather than just making money seem far too rare.

Kek, I think I know what comment chain you are referring too. Yea that guy was retarded.

Wasn't he just a designer?

Project leader and designer. It was his first time leading the development of a game.

I know the gameplay is rotten puke but isn't the only good tes story?

I never beat it, it was boring as shit.

Todd is a legitimately shitty developer and is miles away from a good choice for his position, his success hasn't been because of his decision making but in spite of his decision making, how can a man make so many bad decisions, there are game developers who were good who have made less bad decisions and don't get anywhere near the slack that Todd does. It's as if someone brought into the Todd meme thinking that Todd is legitimately a good guy and now is trying to proselytize to the people who used to meme about it.

Now pic related is the best staff member Bethesda ever hired.

??????????????

I haven't done it but a guy just recommended watching it on jewtube just for the story.

That game has far more problems than the lack of a good opening sequence.
Combat is shallow, dungeons are linear, enemies and enemy AI is something out of a 2002 game, and the level up progress is uninteresting.
They could have balanced this with some good lore, but MAN WE REALLY NEED VOICE ACTORS IN THIS GAME.

Jesus fuck. New Vegas is like 5 minutes and Morrowind is 60 seconds.

If you wanna shoot some spells then go play a minecraft mod pack and add in ars magica if it isnt already included. There isn't a single thing out there that's better than modded minecraft if you wanna wizard shit up.

EXCUSE ME?

fo4 was probably also 40 mins

This, combined with real time travel, combined with books that don't pause time while you read them sounds pretty fucking perfect

You can shine shit, but shit don't shine. It's like putting makeup on a pig.

Because game developers hate video games more than anything else. If you asked a libtard game dev if he had to choose between killing all Nazis or destroying the game industry, he would choose the game industry.

Game developers are one of the most apathetic, retarded, worthless and utterly talentless waste of human resources that have ever existed in the absolute endless vastness of the infinite Universe. We need to kill every last one of them and put people with actual talent in there. Until that happens, the chance of getting even a slightly sdomewhat decent game is absolute fucking zero.

If you only knew how bad things truly are

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:CNavellier/Todd_Howard_Gives_His_Top_Game_Picks_of_all_Time
can't really see it a credible, the original article is a 404 see: industrygamers.com/galleries/playing-favorites-bethesdas-todd-howard/

I should have just fucking pasted the list
11) SunDog (Apple 2); War Room (Colecovision); Pitfall! (Atari 2600)
10) Karateka (Apple 2)
9) NCAA Football 2006 (Xbox Original)
8) Gran Turismo 3 (PS2)
7) Call of Duty 4 (Xbox 360)
6) Wing Commander/X-Wing (PC)
5) Pac-Man (Arcade)
4) Grand Theft Auto 3 (PS2)
3) Civilization (PC)
2) Doom (PC)
Ultima 7 (PC)

Todd's true power isn't that he's a living breathing meme, it's that he's aware of it.

Nice double 300s

Sounds great, and something to stop players from reading the first page of the book, the one with just the title on it to gain the knowledge the book holds.

cause this is nerd shit kiddo, i just want to fight dragons and shoot magic fireballs just like in my game of ice and fire show, I'm such a nerd XD

Eat shit fags.

I can't wait for the day normalfags find some other community to infest and being a nerd goes back to mean you're a social reject.

meh

Skill books are also retarded, which speaks to an abstract number-based system being too limited
Ideally, the game mechanics should be complex and interactive enough that books could contain hints to making actual mechanical progress in the game that an attentive player could pick up on and learn from, instead of just making a number go up

You could probably rebalance it so that there are certain activities that will give the player bonus experience towards skills, and then have the books outline some of these activities, players could stumble upon these by themselves.
I was also talking about things like gaining knowledge for a quest, without reading the phrase or page mentioned you can understand what is needed, the game should require you to circle or click key words to accomplish this, or even have a notes overlay and have some books come with these notes already.

Is that webm supposed to be bait or are you actually retarded?

It's a joke. People sometimes make those.

No, he lied on his resume.

If there's one thing Skyrim doesn't need, it's more dialogue and lore.

What Skyrim needs is more goddamn voice actors.

If that's what you think Skyrim needs you're retarded
Voice acting is part of what killed the series, and Oblivion was a better game despite having less actors

That's not a top ten, its a hipster list of random titles he pulled from mobygames.

Who the fuck doesn't?

Wait until you play pokemon sun and moon and you have to go through 1 hour of glorified cutscenes only to find out the gameplay is trash.

there was also storylines cut as well, Jills being one of them. since a lot of shit being cut from skyrim and most of the staff being laid off like Michael Kirkbride, the series won't be much salvageable.

A lot got cut. There's a mod that restores most of it. A lot more civil war content. More reactionary. Gives player more freedom and makes the war into a proper war, with sides that cna take control and loose holds.
Makes the game 10 times better.

Overreacting much?

he's allowed to, this is anonymous imageboard.

That opening scene was too long already. It was probably cut down for length.

It really kills my immersion hearing the same voices everywhere I go. Makes me feel like I'm not actually going anywhere.

Bethesda could take a tip from CDProjekt, I never once felt like any character in the game was not a unique individual.

Except of course for the same kids being in every town but I guess I can forgive that

You're excused. Now give us the sauce.

Guess that explains how Todd ruined the series he's touched.

So Holla Forums is cucked now?

Okay Holla Forums. Mind you SJWs who call innocent people nazis are scum too, but that's just because they're trying to paint people as something evil.

He's implying liberals hate videogames even more than they hate Nazis

Just ask for an infodump, faggot

Again: okay Holla Forums.

user, please leave, its for the better

Thanks for reminding me how shitty the voice acting is.

Ok, Holla Forums
the only boards that are insults are /pone/ and /fur/

hmmmmmmmm

Fuck they are in correct order. Problem is after first few it all goes to shit.
Todd could had good taste in vidya but he didn't play enough good games.

So you wanted it to be even fucking longer?

Just go watch a shitty movie.

Reported for not even trying.

Top wew.

good, classless fpp h&s with perks set in morrowind sounds as bad as classless fpp h&s with perks set in skyrim.
wish bethesda would go back making rpgs, but its been over 10 years since they made one

Are you?

Its not a bait, Its something thats one step above.
Bait isnt so obvious, and takes some inteligence to point out. This as an anti-bait, if you point out that its a bait, youre the retard.

Yeah that's what I was talking about. I wish Bethesda would make good rpgs with cools settings and interesting lore Instead of making piss like the Skyrim 2 that's coming 22.2.22™.

I demand sauce!

Yeah Todd-sama's games would have been so much better if it was all JRPG and weebshit VNs

As someone who has had to raise and care for cats and other animals like that for a living, that image triggers the shit out of me.

You both seem to assume that they ever cared at all. They never did. It's clear as day that they simply are milking the worst of the normalfags, the lowest of the lowest common denominators, the cretins you're surprised can even breathe.

No developer tries anymore unless it's to pander to SJWs, make interactive "movies" that are usually bootlegged Kikewood "classics" in plot, censor and condemn their own customers for all sorts of paltry reasons, and deny that the only reason they even got into games in the first place is because they're so shitty at writing et al that even Kikewood wouldn't hire them for any production.

Money breeds complacency. It is what it is. Why care when you'll sell anyway?

Face it, Holla Forums - the kikes have kiked vidya so hard that there's no coming back. Even if they were all driven out, what would there be to save? A few shitposters can't combat generations worth of conditioning.

Feels real fucking bad, man.

It does feel bad, doesn't it?

It's really ingenious how they've managed to do it too. They latched onto basic human needs, then monetized the fuck out of them.

Vidya, literature, cinema, etc have all been pozzed to hell and back. There's no return. Sure, we could purge them all, but then what? Most people won't give a shit, because they'd want their interactive movies, their "Summer blockbusters," etc. The silent majority, deep down, doesn't really care about any of this to begin with. They will go to whatever gives them a long enough, even if brief, flush of dopamine.

This is what the kikes realize and what their detractors don't. It's what will ultimately be the end of the latter.

Unless you remove greed from humanity then this will always happen. The kikes have just somehow turned greed into a nepotistic club. That said, all you need to do is making something good and others will follow. The problem is keeping that good thing from getting corrupted by kikes sjws greed normalfags I guess?

Exactly, but you can't do that unless you use extreme social conditioning, and you can't do that without breaking all of the "human rights" that people take for granted. Even if we did all that, it'd only be a matter of time before someone fucked it all up.

As a writer myself, I've been writing tons of stories for my own amusement for years. When I stopped caring about gaming (I just come here for the memes and discussion) as a hobby beyond what I already own, I got moreso into literature - if I'm to be honest, I was never a hardcore gamer and preferred books way more. I've literally spent over 11 years with a bunch of characters I've written. I've spent countless hours working on them, crafting stories for them, doing all sorts of planning. But I've always kept it to myself for the most part - I had a "friend" who I'd tell about it for once and all he could do was whine about being cucked by findoms on Twitter. He couldn't proofread my shit because he had to tell me about some skank who cucked him. I've got thousands of pages of shit I could compile into a book, but while I will say I'd never sell out to the SJWs (or to anyone really), I have to admit it'd be a sort of drain to have to sit there and say I'm just writing for your entertainment, not to push any agenda. Don't think I'm some horseshoe polishing centrist fag or anything. It's just that it can get tiring as fuck after a while, you know?

And yes, that is the problem. But there's no real solution. Sure, we can all joke about holocausts and the like, but at the end of the day, there's nothing that can be done on a universal level.

I guarantee that if the alt-right et al somehow purged everything of Jewry, if Trump actually did imprison Clinton and build the wall and so on and so forth that we'd be back in square one in no time once it all gets reversed somehow. It used to be that our type was the in crowd. Then SJWs came. Now we're back. Soon, they'll be back. On and on and on and on it goes until it all ends - and, honestly?

I wish it would end. Sure, call me an emofag or whatever, but I'm really getting the vibe that we need to reset civilization and hope for a better reconstruction. We can't go on like this.

It's called being vigilant.

No shit, user. But can you blame me for how many times we've BEEN vigilant only to see such and such supposed ally of our cause was a sellout or what have you? IIRC there have been plenty.

I'm as vigilant as can be. I've spoken quite openly about my views to friends and family - my old man is the sort who literally says we should just nuke the Third World and be done with it - and I've done my part. But tbqh I see so many who, like trendtrans or whatever the fuck, seem to be in it for the cool factor, not because they actually care. Correct me if I'm wrong, though, user.

I feel like both of those are terrible solutions. Thanks to the world we live in most people can only see in one extreme or another. There are obvious factors that should be expunged from various nations but to incite WW3 is just as bad as allowing mudslimes to run amok.

Is really no one going to post the source? Come on people! you'd do something really awesome for a lot of people today.

You joke, but you're not far off.
Pete Hines has confirmed repeatedly that Bethesda Game Studios is working on two big projects before they do another Elder Scrolls game. BGS has a policy of having only one game in production at a time. Since Morrowind, their development time has taken about 3 years for a new game, and 4 if it's on a new platform.
Since Fallout 4 released in 2015, this means that the first new project will come out in 2018. The second will come out in 2021 or 2022 (depending on when the 9th generation of consoles is released). So the next Elder Scrolls game won't come out until 2025.
I think Todd is sick of The Elder Scrolls, and maybe even sick of Fallout, too. (Which would make sense, given that Bethesda seem to have little to no interest in its setting or lore.)

It doesn't matter what Todd wants. The market demands Skyrim 2, and that's what Bethesda must deliver.

Don't worry, Todd is racking money to fund is own game studio and go back to make great games like Morrowind™. He just needs some more shekels and he will be finally free from Zenimax grasp

He has a pretty free hand in what his team does.
Demand is only a useful measure in the aggregate. It's not really applicable when you're talking about the creative output of a team of 100 who have a relatively high degree of autonomy.
I think their strategy has been to transition The Elder Scrolls to other internal studios and projects in order to keep the IP alive while Todd takes a long break from it. I think that's the only reason why ESO and that TES card game exist, for example. There will probably be a few other TES spinoffs made by someone other than Todd, too.