S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Thread

Unpacked Gamedata for SoC/CS/CoP : mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
STALKER gameplay quirks/myths : metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html

Mod Repositories
Shadow of Chernobyl : mega.nz/#F!Z7RjwaBS!PYNDw9ugMSojbpUDgIACHQ
Clear Sky : mega.nz/#F!oqgWWK4K!PStfjPLon_3UpVU-atgQeQ
Call of Pripyat : mega.nz/#F!1zAilAoZ!xw3kb1awC1csjv2dMlb7Mw

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/fudcAF0i
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/ZRP_FAQ.html
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/call-of-chernobyl/commits/all
github.com/revolucas/AXRToolset
moddb.com/games/stalker-call-of-pripyat/addons/pripyat-2016-2-pr101ba031an401dynhud20
ap-pro.ru/forum/126-88137-1
moddb.com/mods/stalker-com
yadi.sk/d/ASKU3nT63EsuQ5
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/call-of-misery-english-translation
mega.nz/#!FENTRajQ!cGzv8PPVzJ9M2gnHS-ajIdQYHMTunm1LC8MszDL3iQw)
sdk.stalker-game.com/en/index.php?title=Editing_trader_files
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is CS worth a vanilla playthrough or are there some mods that anons might consider mandatory?

Honestly with how shit the guns feel compared to the other two games and how much shooting you have to do compared to the other two games I'd consider AO mandatory, if only for the fact that you can snipe the bitch in his machinegun nest with a scoped nugget.

Are there any bugfixing mods with no substantial gameplay changes. I never really spent much time playing vanilla SoC so I want to enjoy it as much as possible.

pastebin.com/fudcAF0i

SRP if you just want an unofficial patch, but I'd strongly recommend the AO+SRP merge, because like mentioned, it's almost a pure FPS, and the vanilla gunplay is shit.

metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/ZRP_FAQ.html

Should I be worried?

bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/call-of-chernobyl/commits/all

Welp I tried it for a few hours but it's 2autistic4me. I do want the game to be harder and add just a pinch of grind but CoM goes a bit too far for my tastes.

thanks stalker. all is well in the zone today.

bummer.
well it's kinda funny, are three choices have always been
AO3
Stcop 2.8
and OWR.

soon are choices will be
Taz 2.0 although the dev working on it appears to be a jack of all trades retard
SCTOP 2.9
and gunslinger

this and the HD model addon will give the game a huge makeover

There's xmod for CoM, which semi-casualizes it i.e. makes it moderately less tedious, but yes, that hardcore autism and mmo-esque grinding is what memery is all about. Pic very related.

That's the one I'm most excited for, since we've got great environmental texture mods, and weapon mods, which somewhat makes the NPCs look worse by comparison and most sorely in need of an upgrade.

I just want a mod that replaces the abhorrent weapon wievmodels.
Any suggestions?

nobody enjoys vanilla misery, I highly compare it to doing a byzantine run in europa, one step out of a predetermined line and its game over. The only reason you do well is not from skill or reacting to situations well but because RNGeesus letting you win.
Misery would work if Misery was it's own game and not built off of CoP's story and levels. It needs a much larger sandbox world with npcs that have to deal with the same shit as you.
And there lies Misery's biggest problem. You the player character are the only thing that the Misery Mod is. The World, The npcs, the monsters, are all still CoP following CoP's rules, Your following Misery's.

Is there any reason as to why artefacts are so goddamn rare in CoC?
In all my combined playtime over all my characters I've only found a grand total of 3 artefacts out in the world. Is there a way to increase the chances of artefacts actually spawning?

Fuck that if you're gonna go super autismo make it so unless the person is wearing something suitable, plugging them in the face with large caliber rounds shouldn't take more than 1 shot. Fucking hate this design philosophy

Pretty much this too.

It's set a year or so after the events of CoP and by then artefacts were already getting rarer. Just gotta be patient and wait for emissions. also bear detector or better

I mean really, it seems like the best way to find artefacts is just to start killing high level stalkers at this point.

I would say your success is more grind and gear-check based than anything, and personally that's the exact opposite of my favorite playstyle (skill > everything). Especially on Ironman, I prefer it when playing smart with a makarov and leather jacket will take you further than playing dumb with an exo and some 9x39 rifle.
That's definitely what makes the entire thing fall apart for me. NPCs don't deal with radiation, hunger, or even ammo.

Echo can detect shit-tier artifacts, Bear can detect shit-tier+mid-tier artifacts, and Veles/Svarog can detect shit-tier+mid-tier+high-tier artifacts. It's very possible, especially if you're not using a good detector, that the areas you're scanning do have artifacts, it's just that they're higher tier than what you can detect currently. Artifacts are more rare than in SoC where they're just littered everywhere, but I'd say they're on par with CS and CoP, and reasonably common at that. In my experience, there's a ~25% chance for each anomalous zone to contain an artifact before the emissions start rolling in and jacking that chance up.

I agree, I prefer my gunplay closer to Operation Flashpoint:CWC or ARMA than anything else, where you can kill enemies just as fast as they can kill you in equivalent gear. Don't get me wrong, I can enjoy that style of gameplay in different genres (big fan of X3:TC/AP for example) where it actually makes sense, but for me personally, it doesn't fit my vision of what STALKER should play like. There seems to be an awful lot of people that enjoy it though.

I never really liked the detector shenanigans, I want my ShoC style artifacts back.

You could add detector_elite to the [shared] section of faction_loadouts.ltx so every start gives you a Veles right off the bat so you can detect every artifact.

Where is it in the gamedata folder, or do I need to add it manually?

You'll need to extract your databases. Grab this: github.com/revolucas/AXRToolset > launcher.exe > dbtool > extract configs.db > open configs/plugins/faction_loadouts.ltx

What's your opinion on HD models for CoC?

Thank's user

Completely irrelevant. No ammount of eye candy or human actor models can fix the fundamental issue of no new mutants and anomalies.

Gotta agree with this. I wish mods had more actual content.

Seems to be a few mods that adds new mutants to CoC, don't know how well they work tho.

Or better written and more elaborate quests.

When I want an interesting story and cool quests, I play OGSE. Hard to find a mod with better storylines and questlines than that.

They'd work for their own game, but it's not STALKER.

Just add those 3 guns (and maybe a semi-only parts kit AK that I've seen in AO for Clear Sky but nothing else) and it would be perfect.

Do they still have the nutcracker jaw movements?

Oh and make one tiny implementation change to the Nugget: If possible make it use the machine gun 7.62x54r as the alt ammo instead of the exploding ammo make it use the so ammo is cheap for it early game.

Is it normal for Jupiter to be absolutely swarming with Monolith?
I've had them assault the train station like 4 times now

Stupid question maybe but how to you make sure the mods work with the pirated versions?

I mean that's sort-of what CoM is if you go through and tweak some of the trader values to be non-retarded. Certainly CoM works much better than normal Misery.

You could try DrX's questlines but that only mildly improves things with a little variety.

I also miss 10mm handguns even though it's somewhat of a meme-calibre.

Why wouldn't they work?

It's normal to find them roaming the map, but I've personally not seem them go in large numbers near the station.

Stupid question indeed, there is nothing that stops the mods from being loaded on any pirated version, and they're all up-to-date due to the games being relatively old.

That's normal, yeah. If you turn off the scorcher, normal stalkers should start to show up there instead of it being 90% zombie/monolith.

Really wish he'd get around to porting that to the new quest system that actually shows you the item the fetch quest requires before you accept the quest instead of the old style of "I need a gun" or "I need mutant meat" and you can't find out exactly what it is until you accept.

I'm stupid, forgot i patched the game before installed the mod.

Nothing wrong with them. They improve the original designs while keeping them mostly intact.

alright faggots i'm reinstalling CoC again for the nth time, this time with Misery and some submods

Hey, I've lost the mod spreadsheet.
Does anyone have it handy?

Is CoM any good?
Is it basically Hobo Phase the Game?

Sure do.

It's better than Misery, but whether or not you enjoy it is entirely going to come down to how much additional tedium you're looking for.
Yes.

Thanks mayne.

Anybody know what weapon mods work with MSO?

You'd probably be best served going with Pripyat Reborn instead. As for mods that are compatible with that, there's a pretty solid merge here: moddb.com/games/stalker-call-of-pripyat/addons/pripyat-2016-2-pr101ba031an401dynhud20

I've played through it, and found it quite enjoyable. If you do get it, do grab the mutant part fix in the comments.

where do you find the misery mod??

*the coc misery mod

Ideally ap-pro.ru/forum/126-88137-1 but moddb.com/mods/stalker-com is probably fine too.

thanks stalker

Yes, particularly since his mod also limits you to one quest per NPC.

Ah, good to hear it's fixed anyway.

Hello there /k/.

How is the progression on the 3rd pic supposed to work, because I always go to Army Warehouses immediately after getting to Rostok So I can collect a free SVU

Better than nothing, at least he'll break edges and those pants have a fairly nondescript color

Is it true that shoker has a botnet attached? I wanted to try it out.

OK. Did they abandon modDB entirely or will they put some milestone release up there?

I'm expecting them to put 1.5 up on moddb once they are done with it.

CoC + CoM repacked in one torrent
yadi.sk/d/ASKU3nT63EsuQ5

then this english translation on top of it
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/call-of-misery-english-translation

Like said, I'm positive 1.5 will be up on moddb when it's done.

Ray of Hope can go and stay go, tbh.

I just want to slav it up with some friends

I went back and tweaked CoM a bit and now I'm having a lot of fun with it. Used the repack here: and the English translation from ModDB. Besides that I disabled item animations as they're just a pain in the ass, and used Nano HUD so I can actually see when I'm bleeding and shit. If you have a decent computer I suggest you always use Structures Redux as it makes buildings look so much better. Full A-Life simulation and Dynamic Factions together also add a bit of variety to the world, I've come across the aftermath of a few gunfights for some free looting and have ended up buddied with Clear Sky which is great as their shopkeepers are less semitic than Sidorovich.

10/10 preddy gud.

Full A-Life simulation seems to always turn Rostok in to a cluster fuck for me not that I'm complaining tho there are almost always Dutys, Militaries, Loners, Clear Sky, Mercs and Mutants constantly fighting there, and things get alot more hectic whenever there's a blowout coming by.

It's just a single line switch in _g.script, and it's going to be on (well, 'false') by default in 1.5. So normally, a-life is only simulated on the map you're on, and adjacent (linked) maps. What that means is that all NPCs on non-adjacent maps are in stasis until the player arrives on a linked map. So there may be CS or Monolith squads that spawn in and are heading to the bar, but if you never enter an adjacent map for long enough, they'll never get there. But with 'DEACTIVATE_SIM_ON_NON_LINKED_LEVELS' set to false, those squads will actually make it to their destinations, which makes things far more interesting. This is also why you may frequently encounter NPCs who have 100+kg of weapons and ammo on them, because someone got into a firefight and the victors looted the items, and then they got killed by someone else and looted, repeat a few times until you showed up and killed them.

i didn't know that bloodsuckers could come so close to camp nor that other creatures would attack them

It's great yeah, don't be tempted to use Living Zone as it causes complete chaos by removing territory limitations and neutral areas. So you'll have Monolith and Zombies swarming Cordon and other stupid shit. Full-A life is great, I've stepped into the middle of a firefight on map change twice now, and I seem to sometimes encounter groups of bandits and stuff moving between areas when without it I only seemed to find them chilling in camps.

I'm using Living Zone, and yes it's chaos. Fucking monoliths everywhere.

I don't know if this has anything to do with full simulation A-life, but today when I was trecking through the swamp I witnessed a pretty spectacular fight between a Burer and a Chimera the Chimera won. Even managed to record a bit of it.

I think you bastards have me just about convinced I need to own this game. I just spent $40+ shekels on various Arma 2 levels, have just enough left for this. Is it worth it?

For what purpose? The company is long dead and nobody who deserves the money can get it now.
Just pirate it and buy food instead or something.

(((capitalism))) was a mistake.

yeah, I was looking to get a new cpu and motherboard but now is not the best time to buy. everythings like 200$ more expensive then it should be

what?
how?
where?
why?

Be advised, Ethereum is unstable as fuck and has already tanked once, it's entirely possible people may start jumping ship and, if they do, you'll end up seeing a ton of GTX 1070s going cheap on eBay BUT you have to consider these cards will have been running at full steam non-stop for, say, 3 months solid so stay clear of any "hot deals" you see over the coming months.

I guess I'm stuck with clearing my 4th/5th gen emulation backlog for the next few months.

What a shitshow.

Can anyone explain why the value of cryptojew currencies affects the pricing of PC components? What's the deal here? Is it just chinks being chinks?

I remember one user saying that some people farm for bitcoins using certain pc parts. If I remember right though, it wasn't using gtx. I'm honestly don't know shit anymore. Just start drawing ideas from a hat rigged with Jews on 3/4 of the paper slips.

The Vega cards might be released soon. If they aren't absolute shit and AMD doesn't go Aylmao high with the prices, something within 1070 price range should come out. Since HBM2 isn't great for coin mining the price of that card should not be affected by excessive demand.
HBM offers stupidly low frame latency and that's great If you're sensitive to screen tearing and other minor issues caused by frame latency. Again, AMD might drop the ball and it could end up being shit (specially at release due to new architecture with poor driver support). We will have to wait and see.

Too much demand tends to increase the price of products above the MSRP. It sucks, but I'd rather have that than prices set by some state agency.

Pardon me for asking, but in your opinion what would be the best mod for adding additional guns and I guess bugfixes without changing too much from vanilla for CoP?

I disabled the psi-emitter in Yantar, but the path to Dead City still hasn't opened, is that a common bug?
Also what are you supposed to do with the research files that you find within in the lab?

What do NPCS calculate when they pick up a new gun and use it? Do they use
the highest flat damage?
highest DPS?
highest worth?

It appears to be the highest worth since they're prone to use lmgs and the gauss rifle over battle rifles and sniper rifles.

it doesn't help that anytime we do get new mutants they're really shitty copy/pastes of other mutants with a messed up model rig.

Hopefully this won't take much longer. The value has tanked from $388 to

Yep just tested it with a bunch of weapons, they care more about value then any other stat.

Is there a hud overlay texture for the gas mask that doesn't have the middle bit?
It's really annoying and distracting

Is it even possible to code new mutant behavior into STALKER? The biggest "change" I've seen was shit like electro chimeras, but that's as complex as adding an electro anomaly to an actor. I'm not sure if its simply not possble or if STALKER modders just don't want to put the work in.

The entrance to Dead City is definitely always open. I've had my brain fried a few times trying to rush to Yantar as a merc. Also, the lab files are quest items, I think you can sell them off to barkeep at some point.

Nah doesn't seem like I can give them to Barman either. I guess you need to play on story mode for them to be any usable at all.

Oh yeah, that may be a requirement. Also, I think you only get to sell them after a certain point, like turning off the brain scorcher or something.

So I finally got to the point in CS where I have SEVA suit and the necessary flash drives (and money) to upgrade it via the bandit technician as I want. Which way should I upgrade it?
I'm thinking it would be cool to have a perfected environmental protection suit, but would it be more worthwhile to make it balanced by reinforcing it's combat protection, so I could use it as a basic "jack-of-all-trades" suit?
Max 45 bullet protection seems kinda meh though, since even the CS-1 body armor that can be bought early in the game gets more protection fully upgraded and I'm already looking forward to better combat armors.

I don't plan to stay friendly with the bandits much longer, because the fuckers keep buttfucking my stalker bros at Agroprom via the backdoor exit and I don't want to risk them killing important characters inside the base.
I've also slowly started to build contempt for them due to their continuous fuckery through the game.

It's one of the example pictures from moddb

Thanks mate.

what the fuck man

Something like that has happened to me too. Them ladder dogs are dangerous.

I keep seeing stalker threads and remember the old ones on cuckchan, but never bothered trying it out until now.

Do I start with SoC and if so what mods are recommended regardless of difficulty ? Is the gog version okay for mods also?

ZRP is probably the most vanilla you can go. Mods should work fine with the GoG and steam versions.

Remember before going to sarcophagus that monolith is a bulletsponge scum and you need best weapons and best artifacts to beat them. Entire game you will be meeting enemies with almost same health up untill the very end. Its also the game with least additional content in the series, but the most comfiest story progression.
Expect getting more frustrated the longer you play and get nostalgic eventually by how you started it.

First SoC, then CoP. Just skip Clear Sky until you want to replay SoC. You don't really need mods unless you want to make it look more pretty or don't like how the guns handle. There isn't really any must have mods for the first play through and it's all very subjective.

Oh and if you're looking for free-roaming sandbox action, get the Call of Chernobyl mod.

Despite what you said Clear Sky is a good game. Its just its dark souls II of stalker series.

I didn't mean it's a bad game. It just uses the same maps as Shadow of Chernobyl so playing Clear Sky right after SoC feels kind of boring imo.

Which mods make it better looking?

Zone Reclamation Project - huge community effort of fixing bugs and adding some features which we're left out of the vanilla SoC, comes with a configurator.

Old Weapons Renewal 3 for SoC - better looking sounding gun models

Photo Realistic Zone - texture pack for ground, trees, structures etc

Stalker Weather Overhaul - better looking weather and skyboxes

STALKER Shaders MAX 1.06 - better looking shaders, adds depth of field, slight motion blur

FOV Switcher v17 - Field of View switcher for stalker series, comes with instructions, works for other versions of the game

Been going through the mods in the repository, what about AMK or Lurk? Are they worth trying for a first timer?

They're certainly not a necessity and the purists would say no.

They are huge gameplay and/or balance change mods. Most certainly not recommended for a first playthrough. AMK, for instance, completely randomizes monster and artifact spawn, so you can meet endgame stuff in early areas.

I'm guessing some of these can be combined together and will work without crashing constantly ?

Yeah I just copy/pasted it from some SoC mod pack. You can use them all if you want, though I'd recommend you playing the vanilla for a minute or two before making up your mind.

i found something called "heart of oasis" while just exploring but i can't pick it up even though a pick up prompt is on it, should i come back later?

Pretty sure that's just a leftover from a quest in CoP, I don't think you can do anything with it unless CoC has the necessary scripting

oh i shoulda cleared up i'm playing CoP, i mashed F until i picked it up and a dog attacked me. so far no traders are willing to even look at it

Then I guess it's just bugged out now if you didn't get the quest beforehand

That shooting star was the only good thing about complete.

When/where does it happen?
I don't remember it ever happening whenever played that mod

4:10 A.M. every night.

who the fuck are these assholes

Go with ZRP, and include the time_to_aim fix. While OGSE, AMK AE and AA are all massive upgrades over vanilla, they aren't beginner friendly at all, and are best saved for additional playthroughs once you already understand the mechanics and where everything is, and I can almost guarantee you're going to want to play through the series several times.

There's quest chain in the ecologist bunker that eventually leads you to finding and turning that in, so you could always go there and start that doing their quests. The ecologists are also where you can get a Veles (detects all artifacts) and eventualy a Svarog (detects all artifacts and anomalies).

One of the interesting quirks about grenades is that their accuracy is handled like any other gun, meaning they have a base fire dispersion (cone of fire), and this affects both the player and the NPC, which is then modified by the player or NPC's stance-based fire dispersion settings (crouching/standing/moving). This means that the only way to make grenades less accurate is to either fuck up their base fire dispersion which will also have the unfortunate side-effect of making the player's grenades subject to that same additional spread, or you fuck up the NPC's fire dispersion settings, which will make them less accurate with everything and give them stormtrooper aim.

This is why they can pin-point grenade snipe you, and why it's unfortunately one of the few issues that can't be "fixed" without making a severe compromise elsewhere.

To anyone else playing CoM, is it normal to get this much loot from say 20-30 enemies? It seems excessive to me, my stalker pop factor is set at 0.6 but I think the culprit is full A-Life, enemies keep fighting and gathering loot even when I'm not there, and more spawn to replace the dead, so the amount of loot in any given area just keeps increasing till I pass through and clear it out.

Enemies fight and gather loot when you aren't there already, it's just that switching 'DEACTIVATE_SIM_ON_NON_LINKED_LEVELS' to false in _g.script (this is all "full dynamic a-life" does) stops them from being put into stasis when you aren't on an adjacent level. As for that amount of loot, I'd say that's pretty normal for a high-conflict area if you killed a whopping 20 to 30 stalkers.

If you want to crank your challenge up to 11, try Ironman. Nothing is more exciting than knowing that even the tiniest mistake can end with you eating shit and losing everything, so success requires completely re-evaluating how you think and approaching the zone from a tactical and defensive mindset.

Fair warning, if you really get into ironman, normal won't be very fun anymore

If you're ever choosing between armor and anomaly protection, always go armor. You already have the best anomaly protection between your ears, so bullets are going to be the only real threat. I would also recommend switching to an Exo before you make the trip to Limansk, as the entire last quarter of the game is one long combat slog

Oh, I guess Full A-Life barely does anything then, I might just remove it since it might tone down this loot buildup thing a bit. I might try a campfire saves only run but Ironman just seems masochistic in CoM. I've been instakilled by Bloodsuckers I didn't even see a few times, killed in one headshot after peeking over cover, etc. I can cope with being set back ~30 minutes but not losing hours of progress to random shit.

And on the subject of random shit, is there a way to change the online exclusion radius in CoM? It seems to have been removed from the menu and I can't locate it in user.ltx. I've had a squad of enemies spawn on top of me 3 times now and it's a pain in the ass.

The campfire saves is definitely something I'd like to see backported to CoC. Good compromise between babymode and ironmeme.
Just running around out in the world, or at level transitions?

Last time it happened was in army warehouses, finished fighting some Zombies and Monolith around the abandoned village, heard a click and 4 had spawned right behind me. I'm already wary of level transitions, got eaten by a huge pack of dogs at cordon north checkpoint like that once.

Well that definitely shouldn't be happening. I believe the exclusion radius is controlled in sim_squad_scripted.script, although I don't know if they fucked that up too when they removed the menu option from axr_main_options.script.

The Military lethargically guards parts of the Zone and tries little to stop it.

Freedom is filled with bloodsucker-hugging commies.

Ecologists are alright, using the Zone for scientific research but ultimately do nothing to try to stop it.

There is only one plausible faction.

At least the commies do something of value.

Skull had the right idea. Shame the rest of Duty refused to pitch in.

If they can't do it they obviously can't do a better job repelling monos :^)

vs

Dutyfags are the worst.

models look great, the rest of the game needs some updating too for them to properly fit in though. that or all the models have to be replaced (right now they're just meshed together).

I sell Zone and Zone accessories

I used to mod STALKER left and right by my own hand but it feels like cheating now to change a few values to make high-end weapons actually feel high-end. I had to crank up the F1 grenade as well so that I could beat the second to last Arena battle because that fucker in the exo would sit his ass right on top of the unmodded grenades until I had no more to throw.

Should have gone with STCoP.

I just bought call of Pripyat as i was intending to play Call of Chernobyl. Im looking for mod suggestions, and also a quick 101 in how to mod. The most mod experience I have is through skyrim and NMM

Roaming around Jupiter made me feel something. Whole location is a fucking ruse of feels. Its empty and and focused on exploration and item collection with wild dogs and pseudo dogs instead of proper encounters.
Was i missing something? Is it supposed to have anything?

That was your first mistake

You don't need CoP to play CoC as it's standalone. Just add -skip_reg at the end of the shortcut address line and it won't check if you have CoP installed and just start as normal.

No wonder Holla Forums loved the game so much, you can play it for free.

Company doesn't exist anymore user, you're aren't giving money to developers by buying it.

You're only giving Grigorovich more money to buy more pepsi and lamborghinis

Are you sayng the environmental hazards wont be that much of a problem?

Or what I mean, some artifacts pretty much have you diving into a pool of acid.

THE TIME IS UPON ME

why does it have to keep cutting back to slav in the restaurant? i don't need to see him and his grills constantly HOO AHHH. otherwise bretty gud.

loner/stalker masterrace

I'd tolerate bandits, if they werent such assholes

That slav isn't in restaurant. That slav is in prison. And its a cancerous meme of russian social networking websites. Bunch of kids laughing at russian prison slang.

BUT THAT'S THE BEST PART

Nigger, encode your shit in VP9. If you can't do it then give me the source so I can do it myself.

What?! I've already dumped two hours into CoC and i'm loving this. How did they go under?

Does anyone else do some light roleplaying in CoC just for the hell of it? I like to keep a "Civvie" bag back at my faction's home base which consists of an anorak, cloth mask (which can be passed off as a scarf or handkerchief), a small, cheap pistol like the PM with one box's worth of ammo and a loaded mag in, maybe a really cheap "hunting" rifle if the weapon mod I'm using allows it like a Mosin or SKS with a similar ammo setup like the pistol, a few cans of food, minor medical supplies, and some drinks. My idea is that my character has a plan to bug out of the Zone in case shit really hits the fan, disguise as a civilian hiker/hunter, and go back to wherever he lived with as light a load as possible to make it easier to outrun and hide from the military patrols and blend in once he hits civilization proper.

Grigorovich canceled the development for STALKER 2 and sacked the whole team

Hmm, it looks like they just commented it out of axr_main_options.script, but the default was 75 so it should have been in effect anyway. I re-enabled it and applied it just to make sure, hopefully it doesn't happen again.

First of all its gulag
Secondly you wouldnt understand you filthy non slav

I recorded an hour of The Doomed city with my studio mic, but had forgotten to unplug my shitty webcam. It took all the audio from that and I lost 2 hours' work.

Wew lad

Shit like that fucking bugs me because it makes everything too easy and lets you be a damage sponge because you can carry near-infinite medkits.

While I'm in here, I might as well also get a recommendation. I'm running a 7.62x54 build in AO for CoC, where my primary arm starts off as a Mosin, then goes to SVT, then whatever is a more modern and accurate gun than the SVT that's still chambered in 7.62x54. Right now, I've got a TT-33 as my sidearm for the Mosin, since they're both from roughly the same time period. I need a sidearm for the SVT and then the more modern rifle later on. What can anyone recommend that fits the following guidelines:

1. Not a full length rifle (so no assault rifle/shotgun with stock/bullpup/sniper rifle). I'm trying to adhere to carrying strictly two weapons at a time and one being a smaller, close->medium range weapon.
2. Not chambered in a meme caliber (so no MP7 in 4.6xWhatever the fuck H&K decided by rolling a dice and etc)
3. Useful on mutants and enemies in tier 1-2 suits (leather anoraks and sunrise suits/suits similar to sunrise in protection)

Why not just stick with the SVT and get a Stechkin

That's actually a good idea. I can use the Stechkin for the sidearm, and if I decide to upgrade past the SVT to another more modern weapon, I can use the Pernach as the next step for the sidearm.

all I care about right now is RoH. both the mmo version and the later co-op version.
sounds like they're not even close to half done…

There's some quest-related documents you can loot in the buildings, but like the rest of CoP, it's mostly just boring and empty.

For the tiny handful of unavoidable anomalies blocking artifacts (like the gas anomalies in the basement of the tunnel where you get the compass), medkits and whatever paltry resistance your suit already offers by that point should get you through just fine.

Why not one of the O/U or DB sawed off shotguns? AO's shotguns are disgustingly overpowered.

That's realistic fam.

As I said earlier, use STCoP (preferably with mega.nz/#!FENTRajQ!cGzv8PPVzJ9M2gnHS-ajIdQYHMTunm1LC8MszDL3iQw) and you won't be medkit tanking shit when enemies kill you just as fast as you kill them in equivalent gear, are nearly as accurate as you are, and can kill you in a single burst if you're just standing there like an asshole out of cover.

Oh user, don't do that to yourself. We both know that's never going to happen and that blatant "w-well maybe we'll do the coop thing after it's done, pls don't leave us!" bullshit was exactly that: bullshit.

It's b8 m8. The same guy has been shitting up the past 3-4 threads talking about how great RoH coop is going to be, even when people post links about how it is never going to happen. Don't know why he bothers with such low return bait tbh.

At this stage, given how massively disappointed 99% of STALKER fans were at their no-coop announcement, I expect RoH will quietly fold in the next year or two with no release (or a crappy alpha at best).

but I want the co-op.
I want both.
And my post was about how its never gonna happen.

I like using the O/U in its full length when I'm doing a mutant hunter run, and the D/B is fun for a perma-rookie one. But I'm trying to do a battle rifle/sidearm combo for this run, and a two-shot sawn-off shotgun just doesn't seem to fit with the theme. I could hypothetically use the pistol grip shotguns, but my inner /k/ommando is screaming at me that pistol grip shotguns are retarded and Randy Stair sure as fuck doesn't help. I'll probably do like suggested and use the Stechkin for the SVT, then the Pernach for what comes after.

How hard could it be to turn the multiplayer netcode from the vanilla games into a somewhat functioning co-op mode?

Anyone got some m_stalker.ltx tweaks they like for CoM? It seems impossible to get within ~80 metres of enemies in daylight without being seen on default settings. Went out and did stuff at night for the first time after getting nightvision and being able to get closer was really nice.

Such is life.

You could make an NPC-only grenade that NPCs always prioritize over the other types, and make it unlootable.

Wait what that sounds like the opposite of making it easier, did you jumble that up? If they weigh more and only have one use then it's harder to carry loads around and facetank everything no?

I think he means it was too easy, so he made it harder for himself in his game.

Want to see some superior russian taste in mods for CoC? Scroll through this video.

Oh boy

🤢

disgusting. besides, everyone knows the best faction is clear sky or bandits

begone, corpse picking coward

piss off anarkiddie

Try again.

Loners > Ecologist > Freedom > Mercenaries > Clear Sky > Monolith > Duty > Militia > Bandits.

Let's see everyone's tier list of the factions

Although if you're looking for fun in CoC loners or ecologist are going to be the most boring due to less hostile encounters.

Ain't that the fucking truth. I did a Freedom playthrough with no fast travel and I would end up expending half to 75% of my ammo load, most of my meds and usually one or both of my companions just getting across the map to say, Cordon or going north to Jupiter just because everything is such a fucking slog when everyone hates you. Then I did a Loner playthrough and my only problem is having to go to a few different traders to get my full stock of 5.56 AP, 9x39 SP5 and top-shelf 7.62x54R to feed the Dragunov with.

The zone must be destroyed. Freedom fags be damned to die of aids.

Yeah go shoot some 7.62 at the sarcophagus, that'll totally work

The ol' Duty stupidity. At best you'll get killed in the way, at worst, you'll join Monolith against your will.

Reminder that a bunch of hippies stoned as fuck can hold the line against Monolith and fight at the same time Duty meanwhile Duty can't even clear a cave underground

My main rifle is probably an important choice, and i've narrowed it down to one of the three 556s i've found. IL86/SGI-5k/TRs 301

What should I pick? The TR can use a scope, silencer and Grenade launcher(If i'm seeing the upgrades right), but is the Silencer worth the damage decrease? If not wouldn't the SGI be better for its scope and grenade launcher?

I've always lost my motivation to play open world games once i've completed the main storyline. Will I be completely bored soon as i start CoC? I heard it was just an open world mod for all three games.

CoC really needs a proper storyline. I need some sort of task to do besides "go here, kill/grab/retrieve/etc". Or at least some exposition behind the task.

CoC is pretty much just a giant freeplay mod, there is no real story other than the one you craft yourself :^)

u fockin wot u cheeki breeki cunt i'll knife u in the gabba

Is there a fix for foliage disappearing in CoP and CoC? I can't stand it, every piece of grass 20 feet away disappears no matter what graphics settings or ANR version I use.

Open the CL with ~ and type "radius" r_detail__radius or something should show up, it's the distance in meters grass should be drawn around you, set it to 100+ and you're good.

If you have a decent rig also check out Absolute Nature Redux and Structures Redux for CoC. In CoP just grab Absolute Nature.

There is a barebones story mode included in the mod. There is also a mod, DoctorX's Dynamic Quests I believe, that is supposed to add more interesting and varied sidequests and randomize parts of the main quest so it's not the exact same thing every time. I never used it since I don't need an excuse to go stalkan but I've read it's pretty gud.

The randomized story stuff is boring as fug, you get told to go to someone, they give you a fetch/kill this thing quest, then they send you to someone else, rinse and repeat, at least that was how it went for me for 4 quests straight so I lost interest.

CoC? Probably. You might find CoM a bit more interesting as it makes the game a bit tougher and also lengthens the progression to having really good gear, I've found it more engaging, though the game still suffers from the fact it just has a cobbled together excuse for a story and a bunch of fetch/kill this thing quests.

Jesus fuck, has anyone been instakilled by something invisible in the abandoned village in Army Warehouses in CoM? It definitely wasn't a bloodsucker, first time I thought it was but second time I heard a growl that didn't sound like a bloodsucker, and when I got killed my character was sent flying 30 feet, dead in one hit. Might just be some joke thing they've put in there as I've not had anything similar happen anywhere else.

Was it a Burer shockwave? They do make a loud GRRRROWWWW noise when they shoot one.

Not fought a Burer in a while so possibly, though I saw absolutely nothing near me after dying. I'll be ready to catch it on video if I'm there again.

It….seems like it worked but the distance is still very low. I already have Absolute Nature too, it's weird. Could it be the version of DX that I'm running the game in (dx11)?

That fits, since their Gravi ability (and these numbers are from regular CoC, but I assume that it's similar in CoM) has a range of 25 yards and a hit_impulse (how much force is imparted for the purpose of throwing ragdolls around) value of 1500 which is fucking huge, and Burers definitely spawn there.

A friend of mine downloaded CoC yesterday. He played a lot of stalker before, but last time he played was like 5 years ago. I watched him stream, holy shit what a hoarder he is.

One of the mutant growl/howl the one that the Controller makes when he spawns at the end of agroprom underground seems to be just a generic mutant spawn sound in CoC, I've heard multiple types of mutants make that sound, even Snorks and zombies.

Call of Misery doesn't have same problems original Misery has. You can actually kill wild life now.

I wonder how hard it would be to change all of CoCs artifact effects to the objectively superior SoC effects. I liked how the original game had artifacts that did useful things like bullet resistance, resistance to mutant attacks or faster health regeneration with varied penalties like less electric resistance or making you all around more vulnerable (for the health artifacts) rather than the shitty new artifacts which usually do what the cheap ass pills in game already do (poison, radiation, bleeding, psy) with +1 or +2 radiaion.

Also, when using STCOP, does anyone else get a crash every second level change? It only happens when I use STCOP.

Note that the +1,+2 etc is much larger in magnitude than one might assume. It's definitely not a percentage. But I agree that artifact effects are generally boring. Especially the only negative effect ever being radiation.

Assuming I'm a newfag to STALKER but own the games on Steam, where do I start, and with what mods?

Also the mod that lets you shitpost with other players I think is really cool. I've seen that in youtube vids. If that's a thing, let me know.

I need something to keep myself busy while I stay up for nearly 36 hours just to fix my shit schedule so I can stop sleeping at terrible times causing depression and panic spirals.

Oh yeah, the artifacts are still useful, just not as varied. Stacking Meat Chunks or Mama's Beads in SoC changed the gameplay a bit. It's also annoying that so many suits only have one artifact container, so if you want to use anything you need to upgrade to stick a Radiation -2 artifact in there.
Shit, now I'm remembering artifacts like the Thorn and it's variants, which would prick your skin and purge radioactive contamination with the blood exiting your body. Stuff like that is cooler than "this does the same thing the antidote pills do".

All artifacts giving off radiation as a penalty is something that drove me nuts in CoP and CoC. It means that you always need to have at least one radiation absorbing artifact before you can even use the regular ones. The way artifacts worked in general in SoC was better imo.

There is a mod called Artifact Hunter or something that adds alot more new artifacts and rebalances the old ones, tho I haven't got it working so I haven't been able to try out if it's any better than vanilla.

Yeah, the artifacts and artifact families were much better in SoC

What. Did you've seen an overlay stream chat on youtube and thought that its a mod?

A quick google search reveals that it's apparently an IRC chat mod that lets you see IRC inside of STALKER.

I could google a beginner's guide to STALKER but I'd much rather get /v's opinion since 8ch Holla Forums and I have incredibly similar tastes and I don't think you goyim would steer me wrong.

Found the fix. You have to change that value in user.ltx, it doesn't work in the command line. Oh man, the Zone looks fucking amazing now. This shit should be in the sticky because both CoC and CoP suffer from this gimped foliage shit.

Here's a better "before" image

>defending the zone (aka monolith)

Freedomfags never got true ending

So, i completed CoP vanilla with just AI tweaks.
That's after completing SoC with ZRP and dropping CS of butthurt (going to replay it again, but at later day, after bandits stripped me of items i dropped it like a pussy).
Feeling a bit bored, i really didn't liked the ending, i wish i spent more time just wandering, since the whole Pripyat part felt like unfinished experience.

So, what are good mods for CoP out there that aren't CoC? Or i should just move to playing CoC already (never seriously tried it)?

Just tweak the game relations file so that Mercs and Loners are hostile, that alone generally makes the game more action-packed as a loner and should ensure you have stuff to fight wherever you go. For bonus points make Mercs and Bandits neutral so that they don't kill each in areas they're both present and you have to deal with them all yourself. It should also make Bandit play-throughs less aggro having Dead City as a northern base of operations.

Boars are a cunt of a thing considering how common they are, I sometimes have to put ~15 rounds into them when they charge at me, though they do seem squishier if you shoot them from the side/behind. Besides that mutants generally go down in a reasonable amount of time. One other annoying thing is that they "buffed" the dogs jump to nerf the "hide on a rock" strat, but they either intentionally made it ridiculous for giggles or fucked up, because I was hiding in that tower thing in Cordon sniping bandits, and a Dog jumped from the ground all the way up to me to chomp me.

For CoC the best weapons pack is STCoP, but grab the fix for it that repairs AI accuracy, as for some reason they nerfed it horribly. Another mandatory mod is Outfit Addon, it adds some nice outfits and a lot of faction specific variants of them. If you have a good PC also grab Structures Redux and Absolute Nature Redux. The former makes buildings look a lot better, and the latter makes flora look a lot nicer. Also modify r_detail_radius and r_detail_density using the console to get grass the way you like it.

If you still find it boring (I did) look into CoM.

I quit playing CoM because once you get geared you essentially have to choose between immediately dying within one or two shots or spend half an hour of real time traveling because your armor saps your stamina too quickly.

I would end up starting up the game, walking through a few maps, and then getting bored before I managed to get to my location to complete another fetch quest. That's my only gripe with it really.

guys… may I ask, what is stalker?
and pls no bully

ukraine simulator

Slav Fallout 3

Stalker came out before Fallout 3.

what a fucking bitch NIGGA

Outfit Addon for CoM adds some more outfits that have a better balance of mobility and defense. Furthermore if you can't be bothered being slow as shit just modify the power_loss value for that outfit in gamedata/configs/misc/outfits.ltx, I've tweaked it myself because the value one of the suits I'm using had was unreasonably high. On top of that always keep Caffeine Pills on you, and for longer journeys Cocaine if you find it.

You could also use a Quicktravel Mod, or just enable debug mode with -dbg on your game shortcut, then use the debug menu (press s in pause menu) to move to whichever map you want.

Can any kind user with photoshop skills help remove the center part of the respirator mask overlay.
It's just really annoying and in the way.

If that's Smurth's, then you're going to need to edit all 12 iterations of that overlay for each damage state.

nani?

forgot to post this

They originally said "no local hosting". When this caused every STALKER fan to say "dropped" they went into maximum damage control and said "well maybe one day there MIGHT be coop. Please come back!".

The official shill who used to post here also said that playing an MMO with friends is the same thing as coop.

Local hosting never ever.

Is it just me or are enemies alot less accurate with STCOP in CoC?

Yeah, It's from Smurth's. You would have to edit each one individually. I've tried searching to see if anybody else have made an edit of the respirator overlay but it doesn't seem like it. I guess what I could do if I don't have any luck with this is to just edit my suits ltx to use another overlay instead

There's a fix on moddb.

that actually sounds pretty fucking good, I loved Fallout 3 and I'm getting to be a fan of slav games
is there any youtubers you'd recommend for getting to know the game? and also, download where?

Gas yourself.

take the above anons advice and gas yourself you probably wont enjoy it if you need some youtube cuck to show you to play. also spend real money and buy it on steam just because of your comment

alright, give me someone on vimeo then…

Phate

how about instead i give you the finger and you take your shitty bait and fuck off back to >>>/cuckchan/

You could try stealing the dynamic HuD files from CoM/Misery, as far as I've seen so far none of them have that middle bit.

Autumnal Winds already did that afaik. It's in their optional stuff that came with the mod.

Alright, this is close enough to what I wanted I guess.
Thanks for the suggestion anons.

I have a theory the devs want to twink super hard when the game comes out thus why they're focusing mmo so much. They'll be the only masters in the zone and shit on people who have nothing but a makorov

Man it makes me sad knowing how great multiplayer Stalker could be, and the fact it being adapted to be a (((profitable))) MMO is going to inevitably fuck it irreparably.

Imagine something like CoC modded to be multiplayer, with a server cap of say 300 players, and having a comfy little forum where you and other players can discuss modifications to be made and shitpost at bandits and stuff.

That's kinda what RoH sounded like at the beginning, but now they are turning into a completely new proprietary mmo instead with a remade open world and everything.

Hopefully they do release their source code and mod tools and such so that people turn it into something like that instead.

That's only going to happen if it fails, and the devs/publisher aren't spiteful or thrown into complete disarray. Releasing it so people can make other multiplayer Stalker games/mods would just create direct competition against their game, and since players would likely prefer the kind of setup I described it's obvious who would be favored. Them saying they'll release it is just damage control.

There's also the possibility it'll be really fun despite being an MMO but I won't hold my breath.

Isn't that only an issue if they are out to make a profit? IIRC it's going to be completely free to play and Grigorovich owns the IP so it's not like they could make mony off of it to begin with.

MMO sounds much better on paper than what it would be in reality.

I don't know, I imagine it working similarly to DayZ. You tell me how that worked out.
No, seriously. I've never played DayZ

Imo it kinda sounds like they could be going for a DayZ or PUBG style game rather than an mmo type mmo.

Well, it did spawn about a million clones and popularized a new genre of survival multiplayer games so I would say that it was successful enough

I know, I mean the gameplay. Does it offer some immersion or is it just like
?

Because I won't lie, while I really like coop, a STALKER MMO would be fucking lit in theory.

By "rubber banding" do you mean good ole lag? If so, then we probably will get our fare share since the RoH servers are only going to be hosted in russia if they won't allow for local hosting.

>tfw got all these cool and interesting guns like VSSK and the Gauss Rifle but I still use my old shitty but reliable AK74-SU that I found in Cordon at the start of the game.

Nah, gimme an ability to have a 2-5 player server instead. Just some coop with friends. Playing with randoms will just turn it into dayz. Of course, this is never ever, so RoH can go suck a bag of dicks.

The one with the PKM also has a Dragunov.

I always thought that companion AI is more annoying to deal with than anything. I once had to rescue an npc in the swamp and then I had to escort the little fucker all the way to Rostok. That shit was a pure nightmare, never before have I abused quicksave/quickload so much.

Put them in defensive combat and stealth mode. And if you're in a big fight then put them in cover and tell them to stay. If they keep running off, put them in passive combat mode. They'll run right past enemies, but this also means that they won't run off alone into an enemy base. You can also use them as personal item storage ala fallout and command them via the pda.
Yeah they're annoying as shit but when you have them working right it's a blast to do a bounding overwatch through a big open forest (like Truck Cemetery) and watch them move to cover and use their machineguns.

At least I got an SVU out of it, so I guess it was kinda worth the blood sweat and tears.

But how do you get your stuff back without having to pay a fortune for it?

In the PDA there's an option called "lend items" that lets you give and take what you want.

What should I wish for?

African Genocide

I almost feel like he wasted my time, i hope that didn't lock out any cool quests cuz now that i'm in pripyat the game feels like its losing steam especially since i'm not getting any side quests out there yet

He fucks off and does his own thing in Pripyat, there's an encounter where you save him from mutants and he gives you his PKM before going back to Jupiter.

Hes getting the highest Duty award for going with you in that dark hell.

How do you guys handle saving? Do you just save wherever, or do you only save at certain points, like barrel fires?

I use the campfire save feature in CoM, it's nice as it's not that harsh a restriction considering how common fires are, but adds some tension since you can't savescum all the time. I just fucking wish they'd add more camps to Truck Cemetery and Darkscape as they're huge and have barely anything in them.

Darkscape could really use some bandit camps at that small bridge and under the large bridge that are in the large narrow path at the north, because it's fucking empty.

How do you get into the Monolith War Lab in CoC?

I wonder who coded the attack animations for Chimera's & Dog's. The jump they do tracks you somehow in mid-air if you jump or attempt to use cover, or some sorta land mass if you hop on. While I think it's okay they can jump, it's not okay that they can veer 80 degrees to where to managed to move to. Why the fuck is CoC spawning mutants right on top of me when I reload my game? I had to fight two Chimera's at once which weren't there in a prior save at all. It happens often too, I've had controllers, phantasms, and Burers spawn directly nearby me. I may set the spawn inclusion to 100 meters. It's damn annoying, at least if they weren't spawned beforehand.

I found some form of AEK that uses the same bullet as the AK74. So I just stuck with it, in CoC you can go to the Red Forest & Forester can max upgrade anything without any tools. So I maxed out this gun, it's insanely accurate with a minor fire rate increase and a massive recoil negation, it picks off anyone I see in my scope.

I tend to save before I operate because I really don't like running back.

When you really think about it, SoC is actually a game about a man who is struggling with depression and currently contemplating suicide.

His future in CoP is bright though. He will even grow some hair.

What now?

Its the stereotypical slav life in all honesty. A guy just trying to get by in life and sometimes you get a vodka fueled quest in the middle of that.

Genocide all surviving actors and become the zone.

Oh I didn't know it was a mod. That just makes the fact they're not building on top of CoC even more baffling.

The fuck?

I'm confused, can't find the thread but it's still present on my mobile?

oh… this is why, it was closed on my browser

anyway…. about to give it a try on this game, care to suggest me quality of life/bug fixing mods that are considered necessary to the base game?

Autumn Aurora 2.1 if you're playing ShoC

Well shit, I got a new computer and CoC crashes much more often than on my old one, biggest problem being that it crashes whenever I attempt to enter a new area, effectively making it unplayable, is there something I can do to remedy this? I use all the same settings and submods as my old computer

Adding -noprefetch to the end of the shortcut address should make it more stable.

Fuck, I had a feeling I forgot to do something vital, but couldn't remember what so I just thought that the computer's being a shit, thanks a lot user

Also if you're running out of RAM (you can tell by the crash message, it usually mentions memory since (at least SoC was this way) the came doesn't address more than 2gb) you can try using a texture compressor (there's ones made for Skyrim that work just fine) to free up some space too. Just go for DXT5, quality loss isn't really noticable over uncompressed .dds.

It was memory-related, but just like on my old computer I could get it under control by just addint -noprefetch, if the problem persists I'll use a texture compressor

alright, thanks, found on the repository, may I ask how to install it too?

When playing CoC I usually barely save at all but instead play with that azazel mode and ensure I have at least a few companions with me at all times.

Prices are still going up. Apparently the hardware jew cannot be stopped.

COC 1.5 WHEN
STCOP UPDATE WHEN
AO3 UPDATE WHEN
OWR UPDATE WHEN

AND WILL SOMEONE JUST ADD THE SKS, MOSIN AND SVT TO STCOP SO I CAN SWITCH OVER TO THAT ENTIRELY

i can't make these horrid assholes die

You need to actually be in the room with them or they have bugged HP regen and are essentially unkillable.

Do you know what you need to do to enter the Monolith War Lab?
Or is it impossible if you don't play on story mode?

nice one, but how about no?!
almost fell for it though,

so I question again, any quality of life mods,
maybe something resembling fallout hardcore more (having to fulfill needs) or plainly sleep?

Isn't that what you want?

What?

not really

pretty much like vanilla

All in all AA2 is one of the absolute best mods for ShoC

Does anyone know how the values in the trader ltx files work? I'm tired of STCOP and it's bullshit traders and I wanted to fix things up a bit but I don't know how the values for what they sell break down.
It annoys me. I want to edit it so that every trader has a basic stock of ammo in, tailored to faction (Freedom stocks 5.56, Duty sells more 5.45, Bandits sell more pistol and shotgun ammo, etc) and have specialty ammo like .50BMG or 338 Lapua be handled entirely by Nimble.

what a pain, i hopped into the ditch and wack-a-moled them to death over like 10 saves. didn't hang around once i got all the documents

too bad AA2 hates windows

It's pretty damn convoluted. I'm pretty sure the base prices for items are defined in their item attribute files, trader files only dictate what they sell, and I think also set a multiplier on each item or item type specific to that trader. Editing them by hand would be painful, try checking the mod utility in the CoC files, in the comments you should see a github link that will give you the latest version. I think it includes a utility for editing .ltx files that makes it easier to edit them en masse but I've not used it myself so no guarantees.

This may help too: sdk.stalker-game.com/en/index.php?title=Editing_trader_files

Thanks, I'll look into it. Something easier than notepad+ would be ideal.

finished CoP for the first time, that was pretty fun but going around in pripyat itself coulda been a bit more exciting

clear sky is really exciting

we need a new thread
This kicks the shit out of most stealth games (I'm looking at you, MGSV).

do you know what quality of life means?

I thought it had no UI due to the one review video I saw, either way it wouldn't be the thing most appropriate for a newcomer to the game
either way, quality of life I meant, to fix bugs and improve on core gameplay mechanics without straying to far from vanilla,
for example a passing time mechanic, actually makes it easier as the player can choose at which to do something

Then look up Complete 2009 (2012)

Still tho, there isn't really any mod for ShoC that can beat the overall quality that AA2 offers.

With that attitude you might as well find yourself another game. Stalker is hard, and there isn't really any way to make it "friendly" to newcomers.

There are beds you can sleep in and there are sleeping bags for when you're on the move in AA2

AA2 offers

new bread