FFXIV: Stormblood Thread: Fantasy Pimps edition

>Read this for beginner's tips, you won't get to the expansion for weeks so don't worry about learning those, you'll know enough when you get there: ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Guide:A_Realm_Reborn_Beginner's_Guide
So, lets get this shit started. Discuss the game and whether or not the cats are shit or not.

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/334166-Regarding-Balance-Adjustments-in-4.01-and-4.05?p=4263080#post4263080
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/002099.html
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I have no idea how people manage to keep eating it.

because its POPULAR and it has THINGS THEY KNOW.

webm related is your average XIV/modern MMO fan

Reminder that SB is such a bad expac that it killed 2/3 tanks entirely.

I'm sorry you guys were beat as children.

But you can't even do cool shit like you would expect from numbered FF game - like summoning fuck huge monsters or performing flashy super attacks.

Autoattacking while your skills are on cool down is sure fun bro.

user, you could be playing video games instead of sitting here bitching about a game you don't even play.

What about you?

Running sidequests waiting on a friend to get back so I can run some levelling roulettes with him. I'm just typing inbetween load screens.

I dislike some of the changes for one I can't see what cards AST hold anymore etc etc.

second game is bit easier then before but people still tend to fuck up people still can't fucking play their class right. I fear we are falling towards wow every expac you need to be harsh on bad players.

Holy shit this class is so fun. Can't wait to figure it out even more.

try putting Dragon Sight on a healer or caster during a hectic boss fight and watch them panic trying to figure out why the two of you are linked.

only works with healers and casters that haven't experienced it much though.

At least you're not a healer.

I'll consider it. It's dangerous dicking around with a WHM now since they can pull you into shit though. Not to mention, if it's anything that requires you to beat Royal Menagerie, they probably know how to play anyways, so I wouldn't want to fuck around with them unless they're being a dick.

Nah I would never boost a healer, even if I wanted to play one. I main PLD, but I wanted a fun DPS.

Is endgame crafting still profitable somewhat? Want to try getting my hands on it, but I do not know what endgame crafting feels like or how hard is it to 'get into' with neetkings racing and pumping every crafter to 70 within a month or less to dominate the market.

it can be, but it takes a bit of work to find the stuff that's in demand, whether it's complete items or processed materials, and then work the market from there. i do know gatherer's are having a helluva time, since there are a few low level (relative to the xpac) bottleneck items such as koppranickel that are in high demand due to how ubiquitous they are. an FC mate said he's made a few million just selling stacks of mined koppranickel, and his miner is only 63 or 64 iirc.

weavers are doing pretty well from what i can tell, as they tend to make the majority of crafting gear for other crafters, and even with fully overmelded stuff crafters will be wanting to upgrade starting around the mid 60's at least.

I made an arcanist and leveled him to 17 yesterday. The game just felt… boring. Sure, the graphics are pretty and the story seems to be nice from what I saw as far as MMOs go, but when it came to actual combat, it was a borefest. I guess anything without active combat just wont do it for me anymore.

You poor soul. I hope 4.05 will be good to you. :(

it's largely a dot and pet-based class early on. it gets significantly better once you get to 50+, but until then, yeah, it'll be pretty boring. try pugilist or rogue if you want a dps that's more engaging from earlier on, but keep in mind a lot of classes don't start to get truly fun until 40 or 50+. some don't hit their stride until 60 or later.

Unfortunately you chose the single most boring class.

remember this is a mmo so it doesn't get 'fun' until you're already addicted and the sunk cost fallacy prevents you from quitting. that's around when i got bored too.

How do I make 50k mgp in gold saucer quik without any experience in the games? No challenger log I already did that I need 50k on top of it.

I got 1 million easy playing jumbo catcpot

The game is extremely stale right now. Everything being cleared and "savage" omega on the way, its practically just log in and water my plants before i log out. Cant believe this shit is considered and expansion, id honestly refund if i could but such is life

Easiest and laziest way to make money is just run a bot while you sleep to gather shards. Ive been doing it whenever im subbed and make a shit ton of gil. Doesnt get easier than that. Leveling to 70 as a crafter is more of a gil sink and youll wait a bit to recover what you lost getting there. Not gunna lie, this game has some pretty cool bots.

Not gonna lie dude, I think a lot of people are still stuck behind Royal Menagerie. The stuff you can do that requires that being beat has yet to be infiltrated by shitters that can't play.

FUCK
OFF
FAGGOT

Honestly if the vast majority of people are still locked behind that then there is no hope for 4.0. Both the primals and omega have been jokes so far and im not expecting much from savage. Only reason i play anymore is to bot and farm gil to sell

Make me.

Fucking why? It's a great retard filter.

Because its only going to get dumbed and dumbed. If you've played since 2.0, you can feel the steady decline of difficulty in this game. And thats saying something because the game isnt that hard. Its fucking easy and theres no fun or joy in beating content anymore. i think lakshmi and susano ex was the only content thatkilled me in this expansion. thats pretty pathetic

Sounds to me like you just got gud.

lol i cant say thats anything to be proud of with the current skill ceiling being inches from the floor. Oh well, ill bot till my sub runs out and find something else to play, i had my few years of fun

Crafting is the ultimate autistic thing you can do in the game. For crafting to be profitable, you need to level up all your crafting jobs.

Okay bye.

THREE SECOND GCD

Can we talk about the things peoples do in the game that irks you, but you cant say anything about it because you will look like an assholes for questioning other peoples playstyle.

It really annoyed me because it makes the dungeon run twice as long than it should have.

This is why Square hates MCH's.

I won't miss you

people dont open every chest? weirdos

Just completed Baelsar's Wall. Holy shit that fight at the end is fun as hell.

The third trash pack in Doma Castle is a giant that has an actual tankbuster (for level 67) that doubles as a cleave, and will also carpet huge portions of the tiny ass road you fight him on in an even bigger aoe. For some reason, I keep seeing tanks try to kite him to the next trash pack.
I've never seen a group survive doing this. The big fucker shits out too much damage and has far too much health to just drag him to the next trash pack and hope you can burn him down with aoe.

RDM needs a little work. They really need to reduce the base chance for Verfire and Verstone Ready to activate. I feel like I can't get rid of them fast enough, and the resulting proc from Verholy/Verflare ends up overwriting an existing buff. Also, Impact has no need to be its own button. They have all this fancy new tech where skills can just become other skills under certain circumstances, ala. Ruin IV, and they're too fucking stupid to use it on things like Inner Beast, Steel Cyclone and Unchained to swap them to their Deliverance counterparts while under Deliverance.

Keep in mind that Square still doesn't know how to make DoT ticks scale with either speed stat, nor does the speed stat make your autoattacks faster. Oh, and they still don't have detailed tooltips for anything on your character sheet. It's like they're doing this MMO thing wrong on purpose. Even RIFT has features that put this game to shame.

I've done it a few times with FC people, never with DF tanks.

But Inner Beast and Steel Cyclone do swap to Fell Cleave and Decimate when you swap stances. Not sure about Unchained and Inner Release swapping, but I haven't unlocked that spell yet nor do I have any desire to level WAR above 60 so I don't know if it's the same.

I heal through a tank in DF wearing shit quest gear. At the begining of Doma Castle, you can combine the first 2 trash mob and the 3rd and 4th mob together. Git Gud

Could you do that for a tank that has STR right side? Git gud indeed.

You can't actually do what you're claiming here. There's a barrier blocking the group's progress until you've cleared all the trash up to that point.

I mean the first 2 and then, the 3rd and 4th

The only peoples that use STR right hand is raidfag because of "muh deeps"

Do they really? I still have the macros on my bar that swap the slots for me, so I guess I never noticed. Now they just need to swap Shield Bash to something else during Sword Oath since it's essentially a dead button if you're not actively tanking.

Whenever I see a tank struggle, I always try to help them because I feel we need more tanks. For some reason, it always pisses me off when one of the others starts pulling themselves and constantly shitting on the tank.

Why is it that in every MMO there's faggots like you that think stacking health beyond what you need does anything?

You don't pay my sub :^)

How the hell did you come up with that conclusion from my post?

If it mean you not dying, then yes, it certainly does something. Do me a favor, wear your STR gear , do Doma Castle and do a big pull, see how long you survive. Big pull in dungeon is basically 100 consecutive tank buster non-stop, not like EX primal or savage where big damage are few in between and healer still have a room to breath

Unchained and Inner Release do swap when you switch stances, yeah. They also share the same cooldown. It's mildly annoying because it makes using Unchained nearly worthless.

I came pretty easily to the conclusion that you don't pay my sub because I know that I pay my sub. I didn't realize until now that English isn't your primary language so I'll stop being a jerk.

tfw vril in lakshmi fight

Is this going to be like shadow of mordor where the guy keeps coming back more and more deformed and mutilated? because that would be cool but very sad.

that's his final form

at least for now. you know how these things are

It's a bit like Dragon Ball. Unless you see their body being disintegrated, or see the funeral, they're not dead.

If he actually gets brought back they could probably do something ridiculous like have him mimic Vincent Valentine's transformations in FF7.
I mean, he's already a little similar to Hellmasker what with the mask and chainsaw, and it's fit in with all the magitek/infusion stuff going on in this expansion.

exactly.

have you seen what they do to fordola? i can't wait to see how her arc develops. she strikes me as the Terra stand-in for this analogue of FF6 that we call Stormblood. only instead of a slave crown she was manipulated by Zenos playing off of her own insecurities and desire to prove herself

just another 17 hours lads

Get to summoner. Dots are dots but the rest starts getting anime as fuck past 50

These gold saucer games are a lot deeper than I expected. This is not the pokemon I thought I was signing up for.

verminion can be kind of fucking nuts. they made special abilities and stats for each individual possible minion in game, and then built a game around sending them to war. it's little bits of extreme autism like this that tell me FF14 has people who care still working on it.

tell me about it, I just dropped 2mill on minions that would fit my rush the shield playstyle
those missions are great fun especially the boss ones, I'm on the Odin one now

god knows those people who care aren't on the class balance team

I get that it's fake internet points and I get that I'm a DPS, but come the fuck on, not even 1 comm for babysitting the group.

What is the point of beast quests?

You end up getting minions and mounts from them. If you're wanting to get an anima weapon you can also get Unidentifiable items from them, which are required for one of the steps.

if a one second cooldown is too much for you what are you even doing in an MMO thread?

Oh I see. I've unlocked all five I believe, which should I do first? I'm torn between "muh skies" Ixal and cute cucky bullied Kobolds. But if there is another I should do first…

Ixal quests are all about crafting, the other 4 are all about running random small quests for them.

You are running almost six year old content what do you expect?

You need to stop responding to the autist. He does this in every single thread and it only proves he hasn't even played the game, since most skills don't share a cooldown. Just ignore him, he'll throw a fit because he isn't getting his (You)s and crawl back into his little hole.

World of Darkness was released last year.

Kill the faggot that localized this game holy shit

Kill the faggot that localized this game holy shit

The localization team knew what they were doing.

At least chocobo racing is good.

I was disappointed by this too. It brings back fun memories of Warcraft 3, but after about five games it starts to wear on you bad.

the english writing in this game is probably better than whatever weebshit trash that was originally shat out

time to learn Japanese then

I'm pretty sure Koji Fox is involved in a lot of the writing as well as being the lead localiser.

Muh buzzwords

Its not censored, you crybaby fuck. Playing for five minutes in the pirate city will give you more "whores" and "bitches" than you've ever heard, and there is an entire section of Uldah dedicated to prostitution. A girl gets raped by beastmen, the pirates call the Sahagin "fishbacks," the list goes on. The only thing the translation served was putting the text in Queen's English for us to read. Which I for one appreciate, since that means we get more than three adjectives because Japs speak like apes. Its like Persona 5 taught you weebkids absolutely nothing.

elaborate

Damn i love that localization aswell cuckboy its a nipnop game i dont want shitty writing by faggot ass homos
GO BACK TO REDDIT

In Little Ala Mhigo, you run into a bunch of gypsies who ran from their homeland after their king went apeshit. One of the girls gets caught and served a hot helping of fat dragon dick by these guys and comes back to camp all sad. This sets the leaders son or something off, and he leads a suicide charge into their camp because hes mad that she probably thirsts for scale shaft now. Ala Mhigans get (literally) cucked at every turn.

The cucks projects as he faps

The only two parts of the game where I've heard the localization is outright inaccurate are Midgardsormr's fucking with the Warrior of Light's blessing and Haurchefant's flamboyant bisexuality. In the former case the Japanese text and audio has Middy being upfront about his motives and actions, explaining everything in his conversation in detail. The English localization has him being very curt, only letting you know the "what" of what's going on and not the "why". It was done this way to make him seem more enigmatic.
As for Haurchefant, the dude's a flaming bisexual deviant… in Japan. In English he's a lot less obvious about it and merely comes across as absurdly appreciative of you, instead of crushing hard with you. The localization team actually caught flak for this, though I'm not sure if anything actually came of that.

are you sure that happened? I know about the alamhigan girl who killed herself instead of going back to the breeding factories but i dont remember the amalj'aa raping anyone.

Wasn't that Corpse Brigade rather than Amalj'aa, or am I not remembering that bit correctly? Was a couple years ago now.

I'm positive. Its not the kind of thing you forget. The comversation goes something like I was gathering plants for medicine when the beastmen caught me and they…they…" to which the leader says "Hush, it's over now."

Cuck, no. Fapping, fuck yeah.

The localization at first was so fucking horrendous all they pumped so much of that "olde english" crap into it, it just became difficult to comprehend by casually reading it. That stuff seems to be getting weeded out more and more with every though thank god. It still really bugs the shit out of me though when I hear the japanese voices saying something completely fucking different from the translation. I don't understand why all localizers feel the need to write their own shit even the ones that don't quite censor shit.

FOR WHAT PURPOSE

jump potions

120 Ironworks gear is the best stuff you can reasonably get before going into Heavensward areas, and will generally last until levels 63-65 or so. If players are finishing up ARR story quests, odds are they'll be fully decked out in the shit since you get poetics like candy during the level 50 stuff.

This is also likely.

Jump potions don't give you the shitload of Poetics you need to buy Ironworks armor with.

The early arcanist quests have you save a girl who'd been kidnapped and raped by pirates. There's a quest in Ul'dah where a bunch of guys threaten to gangbang a waitress because she spilled wine on their leader. The word 'swive' is old English profanity for copulate. I'm trying to remember more, but those are some decent examples.

53-55. Fuck my brain sometimes.

Yeah but they come with a full set of shire gear.

Jump potions only give chocobo feathers though.

Kill yourself nigger

Much easier to get than Ironworks, still. And while we are on the subject of jump potions, did they even stop to think how it affects people who don't buy them? I'm trying to finish ARR and I've been waiting an hour and a half to queue for The Praetorium, because there are no more players here since everyone is just skipping it. Beyond shitty players, beyond free gear they don't deserve, this is a huge issue I can't believe they overlooked.

But they're above 50-54, sometimes even 60. Thats what I'm getting at.

We're already at wow. Look how much them dumbed down pvp. If it goes over well, you can expect them to treat pve the same way in 5.0. A lot of the pvp changes were already ported over to pve with little thought. (Lilies, Flare nerf, etc.) SE wants to make ff14 an esport badly, so that they can bring in more sheckles.

I've had people still using 50~ gear in 61+ dungeons. People are so retarded they can't even buy vendor gear with fucking gil or even glance at the MB for the 60 HQ accs going for

this might've been the dumbest thing i've heard all day concerning the game

What are you talking about I did that shit so many times doing the MSQ roulette when the expansion came out.

I've healed through it as Noct Ast and burned him down as Rdm with various dps buddies. It's not hard and depends on the tank's ability to manage their cds. I've seen plenty of tank(Drks) with full vit who can barely handle a single pull, let alone two.

Is it possible to switch classes now? Can I, say, switch to Archer somehow? And can bards instacast stuff? Because I hate having to stand still to use magic. I think I got too used to DDO in that regard.

It's so simple. How can you fuck it up so badly?

Welcome to ff14

Yeah, fairly early on you can freely swap between classes - as easy as swapping the equipped weapon as soon as you unlock a new class/job.

As long as you can get to that jobs guild you can switch to that class. Archer guild is in Gridania so you just have to go there and do the level 1 archer quest they give you a bow and you're set. Though of course you have to start back at level 1.

She turns into Sasuke with a sharingan and even gets a bit edgier. Zenos was an edgy little shit as well who gained the Sharingan and merges with a giant monster. I was surprised he didn't summon a huge meteor as well

Corpse Brigade. Ala Mhigan refugees who became bandits.

The world would probably be better off if we censored out all the nudity out there. Pornography, casual sex, freedom of expression. It's all a big mistake.

Okay, so how do I go to Grindania? The airship seems to be off limits to me.

Power through the main story quest, around level 15 or so they'll hand you an airship pass and send you off as an envoy to each of the main cities and then you can pick up the jobs at each one.

Should I bother with the side quests? I was powering through them despite not seeming to be good xp more for the story, but it looks like most are just fetch quests or defeat X wolves kind of thing.

The sidequests can give you things like abilities (dyeing, materia melding which is extremely important, extra jobs like samurai) and minions, also emotes if you're into that. They also keep you pretty well geared for free until level 50. I recommend not skipping them, or you'll be stuck for a few days at level 49 before you can do the last set of ARR quests with the only way to level up being guildleves and FATES and waiting for the duty roulette every day. They hurt now, but not as much as not doing them will hurt later.

But there are so many of them. And do I have to repeat them once I switch classes?

No, sidequests are a once-per-character deal (though there are some specific daily and repeatable ones that reward certain upgrade material for relic weapon quests).

You don't have to do them again. Eventually you are going to unlock The Palace of the Dead, and thats going to be your main way to level up new jobs you choose.

Do any of them that are blue with a plus sign. Those unlock something.

I was doing all the quests I came across until like level 20 when I realized the main story quests I was getting were all starting to level sync me because they were all for like level 12 people. Blitz the main quest to unlock actual features, skip whatever you don't have to do to level up an alternate class or something.

Thoughts on this glam?

This, save sidequests for other jobs that arent doing the MSQ, except for blue+ quests. Always do those.

qt

If you were playing a furry version of Alice in Wonderland it might work. Otherwise its shit, honestly, sorry. You look like edgy Professor Layton.

You're actually fuckin retarded.

You know nothing.

What the fuck is the point of this spell? How often am I going to be spamming Cure on everyone, one person at a time? Why the fuck doesn't it just use lillies instead of requiring a whole new buff to keep track of?

White Mage has a lot of questions that need answering. Like what the fuck is the point of Tetragrammaton? It's a free Cure II on a minute cooldown? Fucking why?

I think it's for tank healing. I don't think they thought it out at all, but I think that was their idea.

You're retarded. Lilies provide zero support to the class, oh wow some of my CDs have 4% off now!!!!! Unless you're a shit healer you're gonna be using your CD's as much as possible so you'll rarely get the 20% off. I mean fuck if I could I'd turn off the shitty Lilly UI because it's fucking useless. Might not as well be there at all.

At least Confessions provide you a free CD instant heal for tank healing. though it's dumb that it only has 20% chance They should buff it to 50% for cure 1 and 100% for cure 2 like they did with lilies.

Gee I can't see that ever being useful.

Should I resub, I haven't played in a long time and I'm kinda bored but not really. I don't own stormdick

maybe i should buy persona 5 instead

It's up to you nigga.

It's also boring as fuck. Things can be both useful and interesting class design and that skill is only one of those two things.

I should elaborate on some of my thoughts here.
The Lily mechanic is "fine". Outside of Divine Benison requiring at least one lily, it has next to no impact whatsoever on a White Mage's kit. They didn't nerf the fuck out of Tetragrammaton, Asylum, or Assize just to give the un-nerfed versions back but with a lily requirement attached.
But that's it. If I had to say any one thing about lilies annoys me it's that they don't matter whatsoever. You could completely avoid ever casting Cure 1/2 and the only thing you'd be missing is Divine Benison.

It's off the global cooldown, which makes it mildly useful since you can press it between any two casts without missing a beat. But that's about it, really.

I could see it being for tank healing if it was single target. As it stands, it just looks like whoever came up with it had no idea what they were doing.

You do realize only four abilities actually make any use of lilies, right? Asylum, Assize, Tetragrammation, and Divine Benison. Two of these have a 60 second cooldown, one has a 90 second cooldown, and the last has a 30 second cooldown.
If you actually use them all back to back, you're going to have three lillies by the time one of them comes off cooldown, and three more by the time the next does.
For Divine Benison, that's a guaranteed one second off just to use it, and up to six seconds. For Assize and Tetra, that's up to twelve seconds, and for Asylum that's up to 18 seconds. That will absolutely have an impact.
Far more so than a 20% chance to get to throw a Cure 1 on the tank at most once every fifteen seconds. Actually, looking at the tooltip again, it's even weaker than Cure 1. You want to make it stronger? Better keep a fucking rabbit's foot up your ass, because if you don't roll a 20% on your basic bitch Cure Spam for the next 30 seconds, that confession stack is GONE.

Well I think the idea was you build it up on the tank and then use it to help heal the raid.

See, that'd make sense. That would be, at the very least, competently designed. But it doesn't do that. It just heals players who have confession stacks, and only them.
God, just thinking about this makes me want to get back to leveling AST instead. I left that off at 51.

You really should Balance is infinitely more useful than anything WHM or SCH can do

What a fucking shit experience.

Damn, I feel sorry for you. Those three are such dickweeds.

I don't want to defend that kind of behavior, but I get visibly angry whenever I zone into dungeons like Toto-Rak or Copperbell or Tam-Tara. Really any dungeon that comes before Haukke Manor. They must have been designed to be as terrible and tedious as possible, which is twice as bad because you're locked into a two button rotation and zero of your class' mechanics. So they're not mad at you, they're mad at Square for making such shitty dungeons.

Sorry man but that is literally the worst dungeon in the game. I'd do the same if I got that.

The only thing I blame them for is not saying anything at all and not waiting the maybe 30-40 seconds it took me to go through the cutscene before starting the bossfight so I at least wouldn't have to sit in the fucking dunce corner.

Also if Minfilia made a point of giving you a magic walkie talkie why the FUCK does she only use it to call you back to the HQ after every single activity just to tell you shit she could tell you over the phone?

HOLY SHIT IT MAKES SENSE NOW
I had that vibe from him the entire time and now I know why.

They also completely rewrote hauchefaunt's character 100%

I prefer Brochefaunt over Haurchefag. Just saying.

Because linkpearls are insecure, the bad guys might figure out our plans!
except they literally always do anyway because you get betrayed like 10 fucking times in a row

Note that in Japan A LOT of girls play this game. And that means some of them are fujoshi and that means Haurchefant/Alphinaud/Estinien is a big pack of service for them; for those that are uninitiated in weebculture, they are the kind of girl who likes seeing man buggering each other.

Not to mention your 50-70 trainer for the drk questline swears as much as the ESRB would let the localization team actually get away with and is also a cool guy who beats the shit out of moogles and doesn't afraid of anything

Silver chocobo feathers can be exchanged for Ironworks gear among other things, and as mentioned you get a shitload of poetics just for playing through 2.x.

Praetorium is one of the two possibilities for the MSQ roulette, stop complaining that you have a mile long DPS queue as a DPS. There's plenty of actual dead content in the game (for instance, all the optional shit in Heavensward that isn't tied to an aether current sidequest).

She has the shit-eating grin but she's not purple enough tbh.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you have no idea how bad it gets. During the last story quests of ARR, just stand at the beginning and watch the cutscenes and get the free exp. The speedrunning cancer won't even know you're there.

Most fun class that doesn't actually get fun until lvl 70.

Refunding my subscription as we speak.

Cry me a river bitch nigger. Yoshi is fucking up the game hard and you're too busy sucking his dick to notice.

It was built with pvp in mind. You spam cure 1/2 there, which is why the retards at SE thought it would work in pve that way.

They really need to change the kills achievement in frontlines to assists because bard/mch are the only niggers getting kills.

DRK/WAR are so much fun to play but it kind of sucks getting 25 assists and 0 kills.

a lot of roasties play this game on NA too. ive never seen so many of them in one game before.

the only qualification needed for the localization team is a well used reddit account

Why didn't you just use the party finder

unless you're doing trial roulette there's no excuse. party finder that shit. people do it unscyn'd for WT every day, and you don't even need an actual tank when you're 60+.

tbh if you're this dumb we don't want you

These challenges were fun they should add more, make them harder and keep ramping up the difficulty until the point you start needing specific set ups. Trappers and anti trappers are the most fun

The fire is too good for this localization team.

The first Despicable Me was a perfectly acceptable movie.
Also there's a FATE out in CWH named Abominable Me against some yetis.

The hyur female I created is very attractive so I have no issue with other npc crushing hard on her. What about the bastard son of the high priest. He came off pretty strong too. Jesus, the moment I got the right look for my whm the npc acted as if they were trying to court her.

They think they can simply skip all the mechanic because of "muh deeps", just to show that higher ilvl doesnt mean shit if peoples a fucking retarded and refuse to learn.

To be fair, you can brute force Zurvan pretty damn hard.

Those digits make it true.

if your group can do a bit of dps you could brute force it perhaps but the average ffxiv mongo that does 2k dps at lvl 70 is useless, players did more dps than that when zurvan was relevant

T9 is hilarious in that regard. hell, T7S is also hilarious in the same way. also checking those dubs

nothing makes me laugh harder than a thordan ex "farm" party in PF that only has room for 1 tank. then jay leno and adel come and wipe the raid because no one can take aggro from the MT.

Oh yeah I tanked a full group of 70s had trouble skipping soar.

i still love my war, and i'm almost halfway to the new tank mount, but it's nice not to have to worry about positioning in the same way i would as a tank. it's also funny when the occasional tank shirks me for funsies when the boss is low, and then i end up defaulting back to my tank training and start to position the boss better than the other tanks were.

I hate this change and it kills me a little more inside when I can still top dps even after they kneecapped drg by forcing them to keep stacks up in a game where phases can fuck you over.

What'd they do to Dragoon? It was the one DPS Job I'd leveled to 60 in Heavensward because of how fun it was, but haven't touched it yet in Stormblood.

Geikersoul is now on a 20 or 30 second cooldown, I can't remember but it's no longer instant. Instead of cashing in an amount of blood of the dragon time for a geikersoul you now need to gain 5 stacks of whatever to switch from geikersoul to nostrand or whatever it's called, and that's your only double geikersoul you get because now your BotD timer is red and you can use nostrand every 10 seconds and it's an instant. Sounds cool, but you can only do that from gaining those 5 stacks that you get from using a new skill that is only usable after using your normal jump or your jump that stuns. And don't forget, you are doing all that while mechanics are happening and your botd is ticking down with your stacks. Just got 4 stacks and getting a 5th one ready? Fuck you, you pushed your dps so now your botd is low and your can only extend the timer by 15 seconds and the boss has just fucked off and you have no way of gaining a stack or keeping your botd up. Enjoy losing those 4 stacks.
FUCK YOU SE

That sounds like all the worst parts of Greased Lightning with none of the benefits. Why would they do this?

because SE balances worse than blizzard somehow.

FFXIV is balanced by monkeys at typewriters?
Look at RDM, SAM, Any of the Tanks or that class that everyone forgot about because they're so bad it was something like rifleman? weird choice but anyway, shitty changes shouldn't surprise you.

you can get 20 seconds of BotD now Wheeling Thrust and Fang and Claw can both be done at the end of a combo but now only add 10 seconds each. Yeah though they need a way to let you store your stacks or something. Some fights just fucking don't let you DPS for too long and you are just fucked also 5 jumps is too many jumps to stack for the buff.

And I forgot to mention, when your botd turns red and you can use SE's super cool pallet swapped geikersoul it's independent of your normal botd timer and you only have however many seconds you were in blue botd when you switch from blue to red. Have 5 stacks but accidently gikersoul'd? Enjoy your 12 seconds and possibly two whole nosterfuckyou before it switches back to blue with 12 seconds left on the clock and 0 stacks again.
FUCK YOU SE, YOU REALLY TURNED THAT CLASS INTO LOLDRG. I'M MAD AS FUCK.

I was obviously joking you twit. And chastising somebody for doing old content is disgusting, it just proves I'm one less jump pot shitter.

Fun story from today:
ACT was a mistake, I'm elated that SE is so on top of things. Purge the cancer, do your part today.

thank god, damage meters are the biggest cancer in the universe of mmos

I think it defaults to 15 seconds. A bigger problem I think is accidentally gikersouling right before you get the stacks and have to wait 30 seconds.

That's the real ball buster. You can keep blood up if the fights are consistent but the problem lies in keeping those fucking stacks up. One jump is on a 30 second timer while another is on a 60 second timer. Even if you optimize that shit, that's two and a half fucking minutes to do something once that a good drg could do every minute pre 4.0. Let's not forget that little scenario is if you don't stop fighting. It will really suck to be 2 minutes in and the fight lulls to the point you lose your stacks.

INFECTED

The writing is pretty bad sometimes but SB in general felt uninspired as fuck. I hope the post credit scenes lead up to something a lot better.

No user I know everything being shit makes it really hard to tell but that definitely is not what is happening there. People being reborn as the opposite sex is something that would definitely happen with their beliefs especially since it is kind of implied that it isn't really happening. Plus it is just brought up as a thing to think about and not dwelled on or preached at you.

It just came out of left field, the village of bizzare reincarnations. Hey, my childhood friend is my son now; Just, what, you know?

t. shitter dps who hates being called out for being shit.

Now SE just needs to give us a way to report speedrunners during raids that pull every enemy and then teleport away, and we'll be able to cut the two biggest tumors off this game.

t. braindead tank who just got banned :^)

Maybe one of the writers had just finished reading Spirit Circle

I use ACT and kick faggots like you all the time.

I get you guys warned all the time too, kicking people for no reason is actually a reportable offense ;) My favorite part is when you shitters slip and bring up a DPS number, I've got a reply box from Customer Service that's miles long thanking me for getting rid of you polyps.

Garbage dps is noticeable, just like seeing a garbage healer who can't keep up or a tank who doesn't use cooldowns and has garbage gear.

I've exclusively played DPS and never run into any people like this or kicked out of a group for no reason. I don't know if it means I'm decent enough or just haven't played with shit heads.

Because this ACT guy is either having a giggle or a mouth breathing retard that announces that shit when asked why he's kicking random people. Unless the person is doing HORRENDOUS then no one will notice unless it's a party problem in the sense that dps checks are not being met or critical people are dying from mechanics/tank busters/idiot checks. In that case it's just one of those situations where the party disbands and you get to add some new shitters to your ignore list.

It means you haven't played with shitheads. The funny thing is, the whining never comes from other DPS, its tanks who are mad that they can't do the hardest job in the game. Sitting there rotating cooldowns while standing still and getting babysat by a healer is so boring and brainless that they have no other option than to watch the ACT and call players with actual skill names. I've only had the ire directed at me two or three times over the years, but I report it every time I see it.

Man I can feel the butt hurt from being a shitty dps player from here. Jesus Christ anons, just learn how to play your class it's not hard especially since SB gimped most complexity.

I've only been mad at healers when they refuse to DPS and tanks when they just cannot keep aggro to save their lives or constantly fucking move around. Why do some tanks do this how in the fuck am I supposed to get my positioning if you keep running the fucking enemies around in circles. You cannot avoid attacks by moving it doesn't do anything besides piss everybody the fuck off.

How does the on in this game work? Is it auto-renewable, or do you buy a timed subscription.

I don't report for that shit but i'm not going to shed any tears when retards who announce they are using 3rd party tools are getting in trouble. Those are the type of retards that announce they use windower in FFXI.

Guess what faggot, when everyone agrees that you're wrong, it doesn't mean you are smarter than them.

But that retard you quoted has said in previous post that he loves reporting for people using ACT and seems to be triggered by the fact ACT exists at all. Can't say I'd blame him, if I was a shitty dps I would hate it too. :^)

Me saying only this warrants a polite sage, but;
Fucking really

JP Susano is a massive prick/shithead, where as in English he's some boisterous jolly warrior who commends you. A lot of dialogue is also minutely different or completely off base in multiple situations. It doesn't hurt it overall outside of a few situations, but it's not entirely accurate.

Doesn't some Garlean foot soldier when you're sneaking into the Ala Mhigan corner say she gives good head? I remember one mentioning her or something and his squadmate says "Tumbling with a savage? Really?"

But i'm sure YOU would never do anything that would hinder the dps. :^)

Pic related

WEW
E
W
Considering I play dps and always beat shitters like you, nope.

You're officially a laughingstock mate, just go lmfao

The cutscene before that had some high ranking officers talk about how she more or less went down on the right people to get this job in front of her.

If your only argument is "muh dps is better than ur dps" then you really don't have much of an argument. I'm going to say you are just a bored shitposter and leave it at that.

The only joke here is you and this user

You're only argument is to blame your shit dps on everyone else and even fucking rng.truly the greatest sign of a shitter.

I wish whoever was in charge of the meme names would be shot.

Don't forget to install your ACT timers! It will almost be like you have Deadly Boss Mods again. :^)

certain fights come down to dps but at this time dps isn't much of a issue if you hitting enrage then that is when act comes into play and you need to remove shit dps.
but that never usually the cause of wipes its usually fucktards who can't fucking mechanics

Nice trips, but just ignore the crybaby. He'll get unlucky enough to run across me or someone like me one day and all that sub momey is gonna go down the toilet. Let's talk about something other than salty baddies who have no proof that they can even top 2k.

Man for a retard who keeps crying about assumptions you sure love to make them yourself.

True. The amount of people who still fuck Susano EX amazes me.

Now you are just lying.

which is amazing since he has both visual AND vocal cues

Yeah Susano EX is probably one of the easiest primals we've had in awhile and retards constantly fuck it up. At this point I don't even bother doing it unless I'm going with at least 3 other FC members so I know I'll have a few competent players.

I'm just laughing at the fact I just remembered not only does it make checking your party braindead but it also makes the fights braindead by having the timer plugin. I'm laughing at the fact you need a 3rd party to hold your hand when anyone with a brain could see the same thing without it.

When your argument is so shit you have to bring up a feature no one uses.

Now you are lying again. :^)

Sure thing.
Man more assumptions you keep making that you were crying about so much earlier.
You can only get so much information with what you see, ACT provides me with much more accurate information then just going off gut feeling. Only a retarded would intentionally gimp themselves and not try and get the best understanding of how to play their class.

Plus I like it so I can record shitters like you because when I tell people the stories about how bad players like you are, they would never believe me unless I showed them proof. Like pic related.

t. shitter

If you don't think ACToddlers are the problem, explain this.

But keep going on how you only use it to jack off to your numbers.

Except I don't, but keep making those assumptions user :^)

(checked)
ITT: Bleeding edge fags getting triggerred like mad.

A lot of people do fine and progresses in raids without a meter you know, and calling out people who do not use meter shitter is pretty dumb on your part and exactly why some call you ACT users faggots.

You might wanna go read that post one more time, sport.

Gundam crossover when SE? I wanna play monk using God Gundam and beat the shit out things with burning fist.I know it will never happen, but a man can still dream.

FTFY
seriously if any of you anons are actually reporting players for using act, fucking kill yourselves. You're the cancer who have turned this community to shit by encouraging the overprotective GMs.

Just checking your trips.

If the guys using ACTs are being a huge cunt, then yes. If not, then fine by me, leave it at that and just not call every fucking body who does not buy into it a shitter. Like I said, lots of people do fine without ever touching it, and seeing who is fucking your party over is easy enough.

You made a ton of fuckups in your posts, but you're spot on about how tedious 4.0 DRG is for shit DPS. Jap autists did tests to demonstrate that out of all 4 melee jobs, a DRG without 2 BRD/MCHs to receive their whopping 5% piercing debuff has the worst combined DPS + utility.

Now, for a full explanation as to why DRG is absolute garbage now. Geir, the previous 10s nuke, is on a set 35s CD, with BotD being more or less worthless. Your BotD timer exists solely to determine how much your special red BotD timer has – it's essentially 3.0 DRG mode, where you get a 10s CD on your new red geir that doesn't reduce the timer, so you have, at most, 3 of them in your maximum of 30s of red BotD. Sounds fine, right? Except you have to fully open your special DRG eye to use it, and you require 4 total "eyes" to activate red BotD, and you only get those eyes from using the new dragon jizz skill, where you send a tiny ghost dragon to go lightly tap the boss after using either jump or spineshatter – not dragonfire dive, though, god, did you really think that a skill where you jump up into the air and pierce your enemies with a spear was considered a JUMP worthy of gaining an eye? Only an idiot would assume that an AOE jump counts as a jump! Since the only skills that activate your dragon jizz are both oGCDs, you have to wait a minimum of 90s just to be able to entire 3.0 DRG mode, so if you time it up just right you can immediately geir into HAHA NO NEVERMIND YOU USED GEIR AT 80S DIDN'T YOU? Now SSD's off CD, and you have to wait another 25s just to activate red BotD, you silly goose! Hope you also didn't use your (now heavily nerfed) B4B too, because you HAVE to time those up together if you want to out-DPS the OT!

Oh, and enjoy your new support skill, since you're a support DPS now instead of a burst DPS. It requires you to stand within 6 yalms of another player in order to give yourself a 10% buff, while they receive a whopping 5%. Better hope the boss isn't too big, or else it might go on cooldown without receiving a single second of its effect!

Just level any other DPS. Anything. SMN might also be moderately fucked by a similar problem but at least SE gave them Bahamut to try and make them feel better.

You're absolutely wrong, sorry mate. As was said before, DPS never calls out other DPS with ACT, its always the tanks. ACT isn't cancerous because of its function, its cancerous because its used by morons who have no idea how DPS jobs work and wouldn't know what optimal DPS was unless it was helpfully written on a website somewhere.

Take the crybaby bitch ITT for example. He laughed at someone saying some DPS classes rely on RNG for their boosts, when that's absolutely the case, which he would know if he actually played DPS or anything other than "rotate to win" SAM. Take BRD for instance. You only gain Repertoire when your Stormbite or Caustic Bite gets critical over time damage. This boosts Pitch Perfect exponentially and resets the cooldown on two other abilities based on a literal dice roll. The problem isn't the program, its the knuckle dragging mongos that take it as gospel and spout numbers they don't know the first thing about. So you're goddamn right I'd report them, it makes the community smarter and more effective as a whole by taking the chaff from the wheat. If that makes you mad, too fucking tough my dude.

SMN actually has pretty good numbers, just feels a whole helluva lot different, and those numbers only come out every two minutes. SMN is a job that kinda bounces between being 3rd and 1st for DPS depending on how long it's been since Bahamut blew his two wads on the boss.

AoE is still fairly solid despite the Bane nerf too. A Bane, two Painflares, and Deathflare every pull still does the job pretty good.

The complaints I've heard about SMN are that it's much harder to manage compared to 3.0, it's shit pre-70 due to skill reworks (which I can plainly see with my 60 SMN having half its spells replaced or greyed out), and that dying costs you the very long prep before your burst phase. The difference between it and DRG, however, is that SMN can be really fucking good if done properly. In a party of four competent DPS, the best the DRG can hope for is to not be last on the parse.

All these are valid points. SMN very much feels like it's designed with lvl 70 only in mind right now, and a lot of the skills, when looked at vacuously, feel really dumb and boring. It always feels unclear when to 3D now, and it feels like we only really get the Ruin bonus to compensate for Contagion's change. The different Ruins are way off in potency ratios making DWT much less satisfying than before (Ruin 3 used to be more than triple Ruin's potency, now Ruin 4 is only double of Ruin's) and not to mention that Ruin 4 procs in the middle of DWT only rob it more of it's former value. I'd say the DoT management is easier though, mainly because of the extended durations and refreshing of 3D, but you're absolutely right that SMN is easily the most punishing DPS to play in regards to death and mistakes. Aetherflow not being able to stack on top of Aetherial Attunement is pretty retarded and only feels like it's in place for the shiny new Job Gauge. All in all, though, the numbers don't lie. SMN can easily hold its own against BLM and RDM at the very least when played properly.

Also Yoshi stripped away Sustain but kept Tri-Bind LUL

Well shit, I started leveling DRG because I got bored with MCH. And btw, It's always interesting to me when people talk about how jobs are shit, shit dps, etc. I did everything as MCH using the PF, farmed ex primals, did Omega. The thing is, no matter what the ceiling for a particular job is, most people aren't doing more than 3k and do less than 3k on average. SMN can compete with RDM and BLM? Cool, I had one in my group do 1500 dps. SAM can do 4k in Susano ex? Most did from 2.5k to 3k.

So I just started taking what people say with a grain of salt.
Sure, but if you know mechanics and can beat enrage, that's good enough.

Again, SMN isn't consistently the highest, and if you slip up and kiss the floor, you will be bottom of the list. I just clocked 3.6k dps on Omega dummy at il310 with only a few materia melds. No food or potions either.

Also of note: I play a little subpar with my Ruin 3 usage because I like to keep my MP bar as full as I can in the case the party needs resing or I need to battery a healer. I'm only ever using Ruin 3 during DWT and don't use Lucid Dreaming, so there's more dmg I could be squeezing out myself if I didn't keep my safety net.

The point is that people declare jobs shit because of their dps ceilings while in reality people do way less than ceilings and that's enough to consistently clear and farm content. So when people saying stuff like 'enjoy the bench', 'it's a shit job and you'll get kicked to the curb', it has nothing to do with reality. No group kicked me out for being a MCH, hell, my first Lakshimi ex farm group had a BRD in the party, which is terrible composition wise.

And now people are saying DRG is shit, worst melle dps, etc. I find it hard to take it seriously anymore.

I'd say that a larger majority of the job bashing is coming from people who main said jobs and are upset with their current situation. DRG, for example, can be easily outshined by SAM when the later is playing sloppy. There was a lot of change and job mechanic that used to flow smoothly with muscle memory have now been completely uprooted. I'm still upset with some of the changes to SMN that I would like to see reverted, and that's a class that doesn't even perform all that poorly right now. We all just have to wait and see how 4.05 turns out as far as balance, and how much the balance team is going to listen to complaints.

This.

Isn't 4.1 the soonest we'll see changes? I remember reading that Yoshi is waiting for Savage feedback before he makes any changes.

I'd be a bit impressed if they manage to fuck up the job balance even more in the coming patches.

forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/334166-Regarding-Balance-Adjustments-in-4.01-and-4.05?p=4263080#post4263080

"First round of job adjustments" but I wouldn't hold my breath on too much. We'll be getting more information in the live letter on Saturday.

My beef isn't with the dps being done, it's how jobs play. I played DRK exclusively. I don't like DRK revolving around TBN and BS and having enough mp to DA the BS and activate TBN. So I went to MCH and cleared everything with it, but then I got bored because it's hot shot 1-2-3 cooldown wildfire press everything you have available, rinse and repeat. Now I'm leveling DRG, it's fun so far.

Any tank here that think Shirk is a fucking mistake? is fucking annoying with WAR.

If you're a WAR, nobody fucking care about your "deeps" and I'm not gonna waste my skills slot for shirk because its your fucking job to take aggro. Do it with your Raidfag group and not in fucking PF if you want to brag about "muh deeps"

Raidfags got the megaphone last time I checked. Now some faggots went and deepthroat the bleeding edge fag and complains/boast about deeps all the time.

Is there anything I should do to prepare for Stormblood Botany?

I think expecting tanks or healers to DPS at all was a massive fucking mistake.

I can't tell you how many times I've died because the healer wanted to get one more stone 3 in or how many times I've seen tanks die or lose threat because they refuse to leave DPS stance cause "that's how the pros do it".

These "pro" raidfag usually do stuff with an established party with a very specific jobs composition and highly calculated strategies to output the most damage, which I don't mind because they are kept in their own little static party. What makes me angry is retards thinking just because that how the pros did it, they should do it too with a bunch of random peoples on DF/PF.

Hey guys! do you remember me?

no raidfag groups don't bring warriors, they do less DPS than PLD

If you have the scrips for it, get some level 60 Botanist gear and upgrade it to ilvl 200. The 200 versions of that set can and will last you up until level 70. If you're doing collectable gathering in Stormblood alongside leves, you'll keep getting red scrips and be able to get a full set of 200 gear pretty easily.
Crafters have to make a shitload of gear for yellow scrips to replace their own level 70 stuff, so Twincoons (for Weavers) might sell for a lot. The last time I counted Weavers needed around 800 or so Twincoons to make enough items to trade for yellow scrips. I don't know about the other crafters, though.

WAR is actually around 50-100 DPS higher than PLD the last I read, but that's a trivial amount now, requires WAR to be in DPS stance and using their DPS rotation which requires the other tank to babysit them with Provoke+Shirk combo, and comes at the penalty of having no utility whatsoever, especially compared to PLD.

you want the honest truth user?

youre shit for not using Shirk. not only does Shirk make aggro a non-issue when used on CD with Provoke, even without any tank swapping i.e. OT vokes + shirks onto MT once every 2 minutes it removes the need for emnity combos entirely, which are always a dps loss over other combos.

yeah yeah, tanks and dmg. fact is, killing shit faster is always the best way to deal with a fight, at least as long as "enrage timers" are a thing.

but more to the point, what they hell are you going to slot in Shirks place? the standard 3 are Rampart, Provoke and Reprisal, this leaves us with:

Low Blow
Interject
Conv
Ultimatum
Anticipation
Shirk
Awareness

in an 8-man environment, or at least every 8 man we have right now, Low Blow, Interject, Ultimatum and Anticipation are shit. Anticipation was ok when it was DRK-only and called Dark Dance, because you could get some extra dmg out of Low Blow resets, and the combo of DA+DD+DA+DP meant a DRK could tank a lot of adds for a good chunk of time while barely taking any dmg.

but SE screwed that pooch good, so anticipation sucks. no PLD would want it because parry checks before block, and block is >>>> parry right now for PLD. parry also only works on physical stuff. so Anticipation is out as well.

this leaves Awareness, Conv and Shirk. Conv is always a solid options. not necessary, but solid. Awareness also has its place, especially paired with RI for WAR. you can make a solid argument that during progression, using the main 3 + Awareness and Conv is the best choice. once you get comfy and you start to overgear the fight though, there's generally no need for Reprisal AND Awareness AND Conv though, and even in progression, if aggro swaps are an issue for whatever reason, you can easily bring Shirk along.

but as things are now, with most people in farm-status on EX primals and Omega not that any of that is particularly hard Shirk is the way to go. its a great tool.

its also great to use with tanks who are slow on swapping like in susie ex

It's about 50-100 less from a war last I saw

I hope you're rotting away in some corporate dungeon somewhere

Like I said, go play with a raid group if you care about tank dps. No random player gonna babysit you with aggro management. I dont care about your deeps, just do your fucking job.

DRG is flat-out unfun to play and the numbers it can pull aren't even worth the effort when you can slap your dick all over your keyboard for half the other classes and not have to worry about it. Like I said, it and SMN are in similar situations, being incredibly punishing if you fuck up or if mechanics force you to stop for just a little too long, but SMNs seem to at least be able to satisfy themselves at the end of the day. Every small break in a fight as DRG, whether it's getting targeted for anything in susex or the desert in o3, can cause BotD to drop and take all of your eyes with it. Up to 90s of progress can be lost at any time forcing you to start from scratch just so you can maybe have a chance to do what you used to be capable of only a month ago, on top of our two self-buffs (B4B and DS) not even adding up to what B4B used to be pre-nerf. Nothing about DRG is satisfying anymore, and sure, leveling it was nice, but the end result is high risk, low reward. Have fun with your mirage dive animation lock clipping into your GCD worse than jump did with all the fucking SkS dumped onto our gear, I know I sure won't.

literally only shitters don't want or care about tank and healer dps.

Jesus christ why are gathering quests such fucking cancer
Who the fuck set the numbers for this shit? This is exponentially more annoying than crafting quests were.

market board my man

You seems confused, I care about my dps, not your dps. If your dps depending solely on me babysit you, then you can fuck off. I dont have time for shitter like you.

It get better or worse after that, depending on your perspective. You stop needing absurd quantities of items, but you start needing to turn in HQ items instead.

The fucking irony, also, there this thing called dynamic IP.

Not for WAR.

WAR actually gains DPS by using Storm's Path over Butcher's Block. It's a potency loss of 40 per combo, but they make up for it by getting 50 Beast Gauge faster. Specifically:
HS->SS->BB->HS->M->SE->HS->SS is 50 Gauge in 8 GCDs. The total potency in these 8 GCs is 1,580.
HS->M->SE->HS->M->SP is 50 Gauge in 6 GCDs. Your 7th can be HS again to start your combo, or Inner Beast/Fell Cleave. You will probably be doing whichever you didn't do as your 8th. So by your 8th GCD the total potency is 1,640/1,840 depending on which stance you're in.
Naturally, this adds up over the course of the fight.

And naturally, the simplest solution to the problem this generates, namely Warriors tanking but never hitting their fucking enmity combo, would be to just make Butcher's Block give 20 Gauge. But they won't do that for god's know what reason.

wowfugees. not even once.

see . tl;dr SE dun fucked up with WAR. they gave us every incentive to never touch our emnity combo outside of an opening pull, further complicated by the fact that our only source of reliable self-healing is storm's path, thanks to the fuckstupid removal of bloodbath.

sad thing is, like that other user said, if they made BB combo generate same gauge as SP combo there would be more actual incentive to use it. SP would be the dps combo, BB would be the tanking combo, and SE would fulfill its current purpose. they could even add minor raid utility onto SP to encourage regular usage of it both as MT and OT, but that would make too much sense, so it'll never happen.

WAR is still viable, it's just very bland now, with each new approach to solving a problem clunky and haphazard.

Should just be removed imo. My WAR isn't max level, but I can't imagine the healing per max health gets any better by then. Healing for ~2-300 on a health pool of 16k is essentially nothing. I don't see any reason for it to be in the game. Fault Blizzard for everything they've done wrong, but at least when their class mechanics do things, you'll notice it.

Also, if BB gave the same gauge, wouldn't that just replace the SP combo entirely? It already does more damage, its downside is the beast gauge generation and buffing that would give no real benefit over SP now that the damage debuff is gone.

YOUR aggro is YOUR responsibility. How does it feel PLD can out dps you even as MT :^)

It sounds like MCH talk. lel you'll see when you get to sus ex, etc. I'm not bothered by dps loss due to phase changes. I don't care if an animation clips into the gcd. I'm not even interested in the type of play that would make me be bothered by those things. I was a 75th percentile MCH and had no trouble clearing content and I would say MCH is in an even worse spot than DRG.

What I'm concerned about is having buttons to press, not big deeps. Wildfire did not satisfy me because during its downtime its hot shot 123 cooldown and activating reload once it comes off of its cooldown

So I would ask you does DRG require the player to do more than what I described for MCH?

yeah thats why i suggested adding some minor utility back to SP. it doesn't have to be crazy; maybe a 2 or 3% direct hit chance debuff on the target for 20 or 30s. something that gives SP unique flavor while also providing WAR with utility outside of the extremely common slashing debuff.

WAR used to be the self-sustaining meat tank. now we don't know what it is. WAR has lost its identity and SE hasn't seen fit to give us anything to replace it save for Meme Cleave.

look, we already know you're a wow shitter. you don't have to prove it to us. we believe you. or do i need to give you a mod that will blare it in your face with a bunch of sirens and a big ass countdown so you don't actually have to put any effort into it?

You motherfucker.
ACT was a mistake.

Yeah, dps clear gonna stop attacking to avoid stealing aggro from you :^)

MUH DPS!

Having lots of shit to push doesn't make it fun, user.

I don't know, I still prefer that over 123 - press like a maniac. I'd rather have a constant flow of things to keep track of and execute.

ability pruning is fine if they keep the core mechanics the same, which they didnt with drg.

If you attack before I'm done stacking sunders I'll fucking kick you out of Molten Core.

PS. Square really needs to make stats more interesting, especially dps stats on tank gear. Imagine if Paladins had a chance equal to their crit chance to block extra damage equal to their normal block value times their crit damage multiplier. Suddenly crit is a more interesting stat than just lmao big numbers and Paladins feel a little more like a tank and not just a shitty dps with lots of health and cooldowns. The problem is that Square's idea of more complex just means more buttons and not adding interesting synergy between stats and abilities. All they know is how to add breadth, not depth, and it's a terrible side effect of devs not even playing their own game. Square has literal decades of other MMOs to take notes from, seeing where they succeeded and failed, and they never, never will. RIFT alone has an infinitely better player housing feature and a glamor system thousands of times more sophisticated than XIV and that game is fucking ancient.

Same reason they left armor skill sets to die in the grand companies. They are so afraid of meta they will strip away anything that could possibly pigeonhole players into getting. I don't know, perhaps Yoshi-p played RDM back in FFXI and the elemental staves triggered the fuck out of him?

Why? tomahawk is enough to generate enough enmity to last you 5-10 second

yes, yes it was. although i admit i dl'd it myself so i could refine my SAM play. i dont use it to shit on others though. ill take a low dps player who avoids mechanics over a "muh dps" mix/maxing shitter any day of the week

only skill in melee dps x-role list that increases damage in any way is True North. Arm's Length is nice for cheesing knockbacks, and Goad/Invigorate have their purpose in the right situation, but you don't need SW, Leg Sweep, BB or Crutch. that leaves Feint and Diversion, and you won't need Goad if you're the only melee dps, and even with other melee dps no one runs out of TP single target anymore unless they die, and that's what Invigorate is for.

SMN and RDM will always use theirs, because aetherflow was nerfed and RDM has no other choice for mana regen. BLM probably won't use theirs but that's ok because they'll be dropping aggro after i Shirk the boss on to them right before tank buster

Oh, I'm not even talking about set bonuses on gear, I'm talking about basic class functionality. I'll probably catch shit for saying it, but even currently dumbed down, most WoW classes are still more complex than XIV classes. Having procs that reduce/reset cooldowns or stacking buffs that you consume with X or Y or even rotational abilities with cooldowns shorter than half a minute would make the average XIV player piss themselves in fear. You can't even really have things that alter your skill priorities since most XIV classes are on strict gcd-locked rotations. Almost everything in the game (as far as classes go) feels like it was designed in a bubble, insulated from everything else. I realize I'm kind of shitting on the game, but I really like it and I'm just painfully disappointed because it has so much potential to outshine the competition. It's just stuck in the hands of a grossly incompetent company that seeks to put in as little effort as possible while still making a passable, functioning product rather than a game that they enjoy and are passionate about.

But the shitty dps are usually the ones who can't into mechanics either.

Most of ff14 players don't care about the combat. They craft, gather, fuck around with housing and glamour and erp. Only 10% of players clear savage raids. So that's bread and butter of this game. Want combat? I guess Wow is fine, I'm testing ESo currently.

Why even bother being a tank? why not being a dps? No ever use diversion because they are focus on their rotation to babysit you and nobody ever blame dps for not using it either. Even if I dont use Shirk, you have no choice either way and have to use enmity combo, so suck it.

there aren't any low dps players that do mechanics. it's either they're good dps and does mechanics or they're shit on both.

triple checking those triple 7's.

i think you're onto something there. part of why i enjoy SAM so much is that it isn't hard-locked into any kind of buff rotation. you'll be refreshing all three of your short-term buffs well before they run out in most situations, and you have enough oGCD's kenki spenders to keep things interesting. you also have decision making via hagakure vs. iaijutsu and whether or not you want to hold Sen for a bit longer, or dump it for kenki.

the current consensus in the SAM community is that hagakure is something you want to use on CD. mostly. there are exceptions though, and that's what tells me the class is well-designed. there's never a "gimme" situation with SAM. you're never incentivized to blow anything, cooldown or resources unless you're capped or near-capped on kenki as soon as it comes back up.

contrast this to WAR, where you're hard-locked into a 1 or 2-minute rotation based on whether or not IR will be up along with Berserk. they also removed strategic choice with WAR when they removed the Wrath/Abandon gain on using Vengeance/RI with the change over to the beast gauge. no longer do we have the unique situation of blowing a defensive CD to gain offensive power. it's all very bland.

but SAM doesn't suffer from that, and neither does RDM. there's a hope in me that what was done with SAM and RDM can and will be done with the other classes, but i have to admit i'm not optimistic.

also checking those hitler dubs.

you want the emnity combo because good openers from a class like a RDM or MNK run the risk of ripping hate off of you. most SAM openers tend to focus on a 1 Sen opening rotation that gets Banana up asap, and DRG/SMN/BLM have some build up before they get their big dmg. BRD and MCH just don't burst enough at the beginning to worry. but it's also common for OT to open with emnity alongside MT, then shirk after the emnity combo to give MT a big threat lead. then you just voke+shirk whenever shirk is up and as long as MT dies no one will take threat outside of an OT who provokes.

even the best player will tunnel vision from time to time. i've seen lots of "high" dps players get rekt because of a bad limit break or because they were super focused on landing something when they should have been paying attention to their surroundings. i guess i should have said "high dps" instead of "good dps," so my bad there.

you wanna try that again in english pajeet?

better yet, don't. just go back. there are streets missing their shitter

Stop being a shit tank and generate your own aggro

I could honestly keep going about things that should be done to improve the game, but no matter how well I state my points or how good my suggestions are, posting them on the forums would be a colossal waste of time. is sadly right, the playerbase barely cares about this game. Posting feedback on the WoW forums would at least generate some buzz. Some people would agree, some people would bitch, but both sides would argue for what they think would make the game better. XIV players are painfully indifferent to everything that happens to the game. I posted a thread as soon as SB launched telling them how and why they should fix Paladins. It took me three back to back posts to get it all in. Hundreds of people read it and zero of them stepped in to post so much as a 'this' or call me a fag. If the players don't demand anything from the devs, why should the devs even care? I'll say it again, they don't even play the game. When Blizzard's CMs respond to feedback, it's frequently from players at a much, much higher skill level. Devs who play at the top of the game like Ghostcrawler probably aren't the norm, so the company is getting insight from people who actually care about and understand game balance.

pretty much why i played wow and ffxiv at the same time at some point.

If you want a game that actually challenges you and rewards people for doing high end things, play wow

Want anything else? Play FFXIV.

It's saddening.

That second one is the reason I often don't do big pulls with randoms. Had a healer the other day who let me die to a standard group of trash mobs in the fucking Vault, and didn't even attempt to Raise me.

Needs a more extravagant dress to match the hat, ideally with the same black/red color scheme. Maybe add some garish makeup too.

This happened to me in Tam-Tara Hard, except there was another new guy. In my case they actually fucking wiped at about 2% because the tank locked me out of the boss while I was watching the cutscene.

confirmed for poo in loo.

i know that feel bro. we'll have to wait and see what the live letter says and go from there i suppose.

For the fight that preceded it, not one of these characters is making a big deal out of the fact that I can fucking summon a visage of bahamut now. The hype dropped right off a cliff, what a disappointment. The end to the heavensward questline was much better.

paladins are fucking insane in SB, how many times did your parents drop you as a kid?

WHAT THE FUCK NERF IT REEEEEEEE

This is the general normalfag reaction to a job actually getting fixed. Just look at WAR. They were fucking trash in 2.0 and steadily got better until by mid-HW they were near perfect. But nope, people cried too hard so now it's back to being literal dogshit-tier.

Today was a good day.

You fucking plebs.

Fucking this. Devs 'have to' respond to the community input and too bad the retards got the megaphone as usual. WAR was good then people fucking cried about it and now it is bad and people fucking cry about it again.

So, I've got a reason to go to the Gold Saucer now. What's good for mgp besides cactpot?

The Gold Saucer has its own section in the Challenge Log. If you just do the bare minimum every week, you'll walk away with around 50-60k MGP.

Chocobo racing is the most lucrative grind but also the one that requires the most investment

Is this the intended behavior of bane? Because it feels really stupid.

it has to do with server ticks and spell animations. i.e. in laks EX you might hit the "vril" button before she finishes her cast, but it won't register as being enabled before the cast hits, so you suffer the consequences. basically, wait a second before using Bane after you apply your last dot. watch for it to appear visually on the enemy before you try to Bane it.

>can't do susie solo tank yet

>Actually use Bahamut for the first time
Am I missing something? I was expecting something with a little more..flair I guess? For all the quests leading up, unlocking nothing until the very last, some not even fighting anything at all, what is even the point of the ability? Other jobs are suffering more than mine is, but I still feel a bit cheated. Such a big nothing.

from what i've seen it's a big flashy dmg buff you can activate once every 2 minutes.

it more than doubles your normal nuke potency, and the addition of akh morn accounts for a significant amount of total damage done i've seen parses over the course of a 10 minute fight where akh morn is about 7-8% of your total dmg

but i think what you're talking about speaks to a larger issue. part of it comes down to this belief that "capstone" skills should be super awesome, in a big "push button receive amazing" sense. and i don't disagree with that. my feeling is that it's hard to have stuff that makes a big impact always come at the "end" so to speak. you add into this the variety of end-job skills and what they do, and you get some weird shit.

gets foul. 650 potency aoe nuke that they can basically use once every 30s. nice animation, quick and powerful, sort of a "dark flare" kind of feel. pretty good for a "cap" skill imo.

war gets inner release. aside from the downside of being linked to unchained, it's objectively a good skill, doubling our fell cleave/decimate output once every 2 minutes. it's nothing really spectacular; we get red eyes and a fiery glow for 20s, and seeing 6 fell cleaves in a row is kinda neat, but in terms of actual real effects, pld has it better with reqiuescat. the dmg difference between a war and a pld only amounts to ~100 dps in favor of the war. meanwhile, pld has more utility than war ever has had, or ever will have most likely. so while "neat" in a vacuum, inner release is, relatively speaking, shit. it does a great job at helping war keep up with the other tanks, while giving war nothing that it excels at.

ast get sleeve draw, which enacts all of their card actions back-to-back. i haven't noticed especially when an ast uses this, but i do know it directly results in more cards being drawn. more cards = more buffs = more chances at balance/arrow = more happy fun kill time. the skill itself doesn't really feel amazing, even though it's an amazing skill. likewise, it doesn't really look amazing either. meanwhile, earthly star at 62 both looks and works out to be fucking awesome.

whm get's plenary indulgence/confession stacks. most people are of the opinion that the basic mechanic stacking confessions with cure 1/2 is crap, but all of them agree that another oGCD heal is nice. it's nothing really earth shattering; it's just nice. you basically treat PI as if it's a tank-only tetragammaton, and now you can save tetra for emergencies like a dps who is out of position, or some extra burst healing because of a crit on the tank or something.

on the other hand, thin air is fucking amazing, and is universally praised by whm's. proper use trivializes certain encounters, whether it's half of susie's sword phase, or a big pull in a 4-man that involves presence of mind and a lot of holy's.

i see blm as the ideal. it's powerful, and you get to use it relatively often. you know when it's used, and most other people do too. it feels good, even if it's literally just "push button, receive explosion," and i think that's because you know it's doing your job, people can see it's doing it's job, and you get to use it often enough that it feels like it has a constant impact.

stuff like bahamut or inner release are quite powerful in what they do, but having what amounts to a 2 minute CD real or implicit means you need a lot of planning to get the most out of them. it also means, outside of bahamut in big aoe situations, you're using them on boss-type mobs. realistically, this means ~4 times in ala mhigo 3 for a war with IR, once on each boss. and that's just not as fun.

in the case of smn or war i'd like to see them tone the power down a bit while also lowering the CD. i want to be able to use my capstone skill at least half as often as a blm uses foul. in fact, i think foul and verflare/verholy for rdm are good examples of "capstone" skills. you know when they're used, they have a solid impact/visual effect, and it feels good when you get to the point that they unlock. you feel like you're doing your job right, and you're having fun.

to expand on this it can also be used to your advantage in some cases

as a ninja you reset you mudras when you stealth, in a dungen when a tank is gathering packs try doing doton in the middle of a pack and spam stealth as soon as you see the animation most of the times it will let you stealth so you can do the fire attack right after

is that because i was the role in need? should i be running leveling roulette on my tank nearly every day so i get a free grade 6 combat materia of my choice?

I agree that it seems like an overly flashy substitute for damage, but the way Bahamut works does invoke the necessity for skill. Also, there's a trade off to how much damage you can get out of him. The ideal time to use Bahamut is when you have Aetherflow, 3D, and Addle all off cooldown. With proper weaving in between, it gives you an additional 5 Wyrmwaves.

Not sure if people normally post Developer's blogs, but there's a new albeit short one out talking about new Aquapolis.
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/002099.html

wait, so addle counts as an 'attack' for the purposes of triggering wyrmwave?

im excited, gonna go get a myself plenty of maps and go spelunking if I can motivate myself to fucking play this game.

"Each time you use an action on a target, Demi-Bahamut will execute Wyrmwave on the same target."
This should also mean that using Aetherflow itself or Shadow Flare won't trigger Wyrmwave.

Yes and yes. Actually you can do it as many times as you want, because there's no daily limit on the adventurer in need bonus.