What is the worst world in SMB3 and why is it Pipe Land?

What is the worst world in SMB3 and why is it Pipe Land?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9a7Z2lUkFn4&list=PL15B303942FFC310B&index=5
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I loved Pipe Land. Piranha plants are comfy.

World E is worse than pipeland

Every world in SMB3 is gold.
You're a faggot.

Best map theme
come at me

sounds like someone didn't own an e-reader

good taste

Pipe Land is worst, but only in comparison to every other land. The problem with Pipe Land is that it lacks a coherent theme like the desert world or the sky world. Even Giant Land had a better gimmick.

youtube.com/watch?v=9a7Z2lUkFn4&list=PL15B303942FFC310B&index=5

This one for me. Mostly because the sub dungeon and one other level, the underground maze one really fucked with me as a kid.

Because you cannot control the speed of progression on your own, you have to wait for the platforms, munchers, and so on to move before you can. Iced land sucked but at least you can get used to the slippery traction after a few tries.

Eh, I can sort of see it.

On that note, what is the worst area in each mario game? Polite sage for double posting.

but the theme is pipes user

you mean tubes

it is impossible to beat one level in pipeland as frog mario. fuck that

Was about to post this. Fuck the underground maze level.

Don't know about worst but Sky Land is Best

Pipe Land and SMB3 in general should've been more difficult to make up for the bountiful crop of extra lives throughout the game. The original Famicom version balanced this out by reverting you back to small Mario if you were hit, no matter the power-up.

Water levels.This is always the case.

That doesn't even make sense.
There is a whistle in land 2

Yeah well I got a score on 20 billion on Bosconian when I was still in the womb SO THERE

It took you until 1-2 to find all the whistles, P-wings, and infinite lives? Fuck off, scrub.

I didn't talk about the 99 lives trick.
What sort of scrub needs that many lives?
I'm just wondering how you got all the whistles without going to land 2?

worlds 6 and 7 suck ass. 5 is the best. everything else is ok

Faggot, everyone knows about the 99 lives trick. It's an easier trick to pull than it is in any other 2D Mario game. Also, congratulations on watching The Wizard in order to find the whistle, you'll never have that 100 minutes of your life back.

The Ice World had a sorta mysterious, creepy song, I liked it.

Oh i'm sorry. I didn't know that was reference to some meme cancer bullshit.

It doesn't have all the parts of fairy fountain but it has the main refrain.

wut

I'll come up to your dick and kiss it

Any time I get to post this, I am happy.

Hahahahaha no, go back to Facebook

Fuck, I'm gonna have to play the damn game again

The one where you must go up with the raccoon? Fuck that shit

Like any other world.

You can get two whistles in World 1, but you have to wait to get to World 2 to use them to be taken straight to World 8 afaik.

giant land was so KOOL LMAO

Nah, use the second one on the world select screen after using the first.

Never finished this game, too hard.

SMB3 was good
but SMW is better

Super Mario Land 2 was better than both

that don't work fam, I thought.

you need all three to skip to world 8.
The first puts you on the first string of world selection.
The second puts you on the second string.
The third puts you on the last string.

This is how I know you faggots are all summer cancer and never played the fucking games when they came out.

where is the third whistle in world 1?

Get outta here.
If you use the warp whistle on the world select map, it lifts you directly to the eighth pipe.

It is in world 2.

No. To everything.

Fuck you for making me waste my time with this.

weird, I thought you had to at least be in World 2 to get to the World 8 pipe. Thanks for clearing that up though

SMW is better

You're the kind of useless miserable fuck that causes people to question the value of life.

Ok my bad.
I actually went to check it to make sure you weren't doing any trickery and here is what I found.
No trickery.
However, I tested something else and it turns out if you're on world two (or presumably 3, or 4) the second whistle blow will take you to the next row. I guess maybe it is just a free way to skip to the end of the game by using it from first world and from map.

I guess it never occurred to my friends and I as kids to do the warps without having all the whistles in the first place.

I tried to get video but I can't seem to squeeze it down to an acceptable level with the recording thing I have (Hauppague).

actually you're both correct. There are two versions of the game. The second version will warp you to world 8 if you use the whistle on the warp map

I verified with whatever version Nintendo put out on its Virtual Console for WiiU. I would assume that's the American release.

Could you be talking about the Famicom version or just a different iteration of the American release?

I used the rom "Super Mario Bros. 3 (USA) (Rev A)" to test.

original release and REV A (or maybe it was a version 1.1. Don't recall how they ended up titling that one)

but yeah, there were two distinct version releases in America. Usually the only reason the code would actually change in a second printing is if someone found a bug, but sometimes the devs add or change things too.
For example, there are two versions of Super Metroid, and 3 versions of Link's Awakening DX

That sounds really nice

I have a ROM somewhere that lets me switch between suits and even Kuribo's Shoe at will. The shoe owns and is why World 5 is best world.

>One changed in the (((localization))) but the other wasn't

Nintendo did it so its fine

I have the Famicom cart. Comfy ass cart art.

I hated how Mario Maker didn't let you spin or the spikes, or had slopes.

Interesting, I had the European version where the whistle takes you directly to world 8.

It will have on the Switch version

They missed the opportunity to call it the Goomboot.