You guys noticed all the Metal Gear references in Baby Driver, right?

You guys noticed all the Metal Gear references in Baby Driver, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0b5trPeM9wI?t=92
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Baby what?

Driver

You guys are aware there's been a giant cross-media conspiracy at work for the last two years, right?

haven't seen the movie, care to explain?

Baby Driver? Is that the movie that's literally just drive with a shittier lead actor?

gosh user, sure they do

this isn't new

dudes

Holla Forums, you cannot expect people to be as well versed in plebe slideshows as you are.

video games

there's a lot but here are some:

- protag has a V shaped scar that changes shape in every scene
- during the climax he gets punched in the face resulting in a virtual eyepatch, followed by:
- a trailer shot that was a mirror image in the trailer

there's this whole music thing the protagonist has that makes more sense if you understand what Chico represents, which most people don't, or know about the metal gear reality show, which most people don't

MAESTRO DOES IT AGAIN

hey remind me, what is the Half-Life sequel we're all waiting for?

Who's we? Kangz?

well yeah if you know anything about history or genealogy

literally everybody is descended from some king or other

"gets all the pussy" is more or less the definition of a king, right?

tell me this isn't metal gear as fuck

I don't know it, what is it?

the difference between 10 thousande hours of Defence Of The Ancients ns 10,000 hours of driuving is what exactly

big boss and gordon freeman are the same person. Cominge Soone.

Are you just a faggot shitposter?

You know that I know exactly who you are, right?

is that really a position you want to put yourself in?

for honour?

To answer your question though, no.

why did I watch this

What's your opinion on what Chico represents? And are we talking PW here or PW and TPP or what?

Have you seen Baby Driver or not?

because you like ze large women, user
off-topic

Wow this looks like garbage

its actually pretty fun.

remember fun?

I saw it, it was ok. The only fun bits are ironically when the MC has all the fun and levity sucked out of him and kills all the heisters

I don't watch flicks

something something kino
I don't know what "kino" means
At least not how Holla Forums uses it
Holla Forums scares me
Maisie Williams is an alien

Me neither and at this point I'm too afraid to ask.

Why the fuck were my post deleted?
Can we please stop with this retarded moderation where you just delete shit that doesn't break any rules?

I mean holy fuck OP has been shitposting since he made the thread and all his trash is still here

It's the german word for movie, it's used by Holla Forums memesters for something. Not sure what it is.

Why do you Holla Forums retards expect everyone else to watch the latest kikewood films like you do?

I know this and I hate talking about movies. It's a sort of a grading for film.

did your post mention _iamond _ogs?

I don't want to upset people.

Uhhhhmmm… I guess you could say that.

Do people just want movies to skip right to the action and not build their characters and plot lines or something?

test

I'm not sure how you arrived at that conclusion.

Somebody asking a question could only possibly anticipate getting answers from people who have sufficient data to answer the question.

So as the reader you should be able to conclude whether a question is or isn't meant for you fairly simply.

If you're unable to perform this simple logical task, it doesn't imply that all questions are directed at all people.

I thought it was a fantastic movie but it had jack shit to do with Metal Gear and discussion of it definitely doesn't belong on Holla Forums

ha
ha

you are wrong

Oh wait, I see what you did there.

impossiburu

Hey user, what was up with those white gloves inside Pequod?

VIDEO GAMES

Delete this thread

what's in the box, user?

Quality lyrics right there.

It came as a joke after pretentious hipsters from some american university made chart of movie sub-genres separated by forms of movie creation, which is okay but came out as very snobby, and using slang terms to formally address certain methods

Kino as a term had some weight to it, other than meaning movie for germans and russians, it also meant an advanced form of art theorized by the greeks that could happen in a distant future, composed of moving pictures accompanied with music, what we know today as a motion picture

Some directors (coincidentally soviets and germans) did movies very similar to that concept, even excluding plot and dialogue, only showing moments and actions with well-made photography and music. These forms of directing were called kino by the chart, and because some users didn't know a better term to describe these kind of works, they ended using the term, which was also said to be one of the highest form of cinema, amplifying the meme

It doesn't help that some shitty heebwood movies fall into that "avant garde" category, for example Transformers

Am I supposed to know the names of people who make movies, now? I can barely be assed to remember the names of studios/developers that make video games.

But this shit is always so cliche and full of needless exposition and narration. There's few movies I can recall in recent times where they have succeeded in making me care about a character or plot, and of those that did, they would usually start of strong with something interesting, and the character and the world he lives in would be something you pick up along the way. Movies are a visual medium, and they'd do better to show rather than tell. If the character and plot is shallow it just feels like filler and I'd rather they just skip to the action.

blame kojima

whoah, source on this

because lately I've been thinking about how we have such stupid names for shit, and if something happened to us people in the future wouldn't even know our shit existed

like "tablets". if the internet disappeared, pretty much everything that proves we weren't talking about pieces of slate would go down too.

I think you'd like this movie. I was worried about hype and I'm disillusioned with the genre but it p much takes everything bad about car chase movies and redeems it

What about it?

Well if you say so, I'll give it a go.

Nah this will just make you wish you'd skipped to the end. The only interesting parts are the last half hour of the movie.

"Kino" just means "movie with artistic merit", but almost always facetiously.

yeah the most engaging part of the movie is the climax, how bizarre

VIDEOGAMES

If the movie fails to make me want to watch it before the climax, it has failed. Much like if a videogame is completely boring until the boss fight it's a shit game.

The best part of the movie is the start through the opening credits though.

usualy its just the german word for cinema, although in the right context it can also mean that.

Yeah but did you notice all of the Zone of the Enders references in Nier: Automata?

So you actually went to the cinema and watched the latest pedowood film?

VIDEO GAMES?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Chico represents being a faggot.

Sure but did you notice all the clues that it has a Zelda connection?

And then the Eye Of Truth appearing in Peace Walker? (And references to *that* hidden in the TPP resources?) Right here: youtu.be/0b5trPeM9wI?t=92

Meanwhile in Breath Of The Wild, Link awakens with no memory of who he is and just believes what everyone around him says (even though they're clearly lying) which is literally the plot of The Phantom Pain.

PS the scene group CONSPIRACY (CPY) is part of the ARG, and nearly everything they've "cracked" has a Metal Gear reference in it somewhere.

It's almost like… there's a clue in their name.

I watched the film today, it's Fast & Furious tier, absolutely nothing new on the horizon, filled with cliché scenes that would amuse the average normalfaggot into thinking "wow this is pretty cool so badads huuuhuhuuh" (think tarantino somewhat) and a terribly mediocre soundtrack. I don't know what Kojimbo shit OP is talking about nor do I care. Get some standards.

You are shitposting or legit retarded?

Holla Forums is dead

Neither. There is an anti-ARG at work. Kojipro/Valve et al have hired astoturfing firms to surpress people talking about Chapter/Episode 3 using CRT tactics.

It's super transparent, but it turns out user has lost his balls in the last few years and merely calling peoples retards en masse is enough to get them to stop talking about Metal Gear.

counterpoint: the Metal Gear series is enough to get us to stop talking about Metal Gear.

said literally nobody ever besides paid shills

uwu

Just let it go user, I legitimately believed in chapter 3 for a long time, but it's not gonna happen. You're just hurting yourself

Big Boss is real and he's my friend

you either have no standards or you paid to see a shitty nu-comedy

You don't have a clue what movie you're talking about, huh?

Yeah, it's more of a popcorn flick

lol nerd, I bet you also play games! get a girlfriend loser

im trying but my cap seems to be one

Why have I never seen a Touhou reference in a movie?

idk maybe touhou isn't part of a giant multimedia conspiracy to saturate popular culture in order to systematically deconstruct it

then again maybe it is

Bamp