TF2 isn't just dead, but it has cat shit in its mouth and worms eating the remains of its balls

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X7EV4m89CPA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Boy, what a meme we have there! Did you learn all of this form KYM?

I don't know, you tell me.

Oh boy. Good luck, creepster5! Hope you don't have other shitty games and groups.

get a load of this loser

I'd say play tf2 vintage but you would probably get kicked for being a nigger

Oh god not those threads again.

But gibus is the best hat simply for mind-games reason.

The only people who use it for mindgames are shitty youtubers though.

Halfchan pls go

I did and am not a youtuber.
Nobody expects a competent battle engie capable of capping and pushing the cart. In gibus

The saddest part is; Overwatch is a really, REALLY shitty game, not even meming, I legit regret wasting money on this shit. Its NOT a replacement for TF2 and never will be. The days of joining custom shitposting servers on TF2 to just casually camp around are fucking over man and we'll never really get them back. It fucking sucks ass but we have no proper TF2 successors

It's really fucking annoying that everyone played Overwatch.
esports really killed gaming, I remember when I used to laugh at opinions like that but it's true.

kill yourself

You can thank normalfags for that
As OP put it
Remember when some time around 2014 when shit like vine and other nigger social media blew up? The influx of retards from meatspace, which eventually find themselves in online gaming, is still continuing, and it will continue until nuclear fire claims us all. No meming, online gaming is dead.

TURN THIS GAY CAPTCHA OFF MARK

sounds more or less like the same tf2 it always was. what exactly are you upset about now? did you just install it for the first time?

see

Hey user, last week I introduced a twelve year old to the game. He mains spy and was excited when I gave him the eternal reward (among other shit I'd accumulated over the years) for free.

You're part of the cancer.

It appears you arye bad at team fortress may I suggest you
GET GOOD GET LMAOBOX!!!!
LMAOBOX ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP!!!
GET GOOD GET LMAOBOX!!!!
Seriously though, find a nice community server, if you aren't willing to put in any effort to try and have fun you aren't going to get any, this game is built around PC gaming in 2002-2007

Hey it gets worse bud.
Blizzard has contracts on a shitload of people to never make public appearances playing TF2 ever again

Source?

Ha. Ha ha.

You sound exactly like the kind of person who would play TF2 in this day and age.

STAR_ said it on a stream like 3 months ago.

Fuck this gay earth. Streamers really need to just burn.

This is why I stay on DR or hale servers.

???

oh so you just have a mental disability that prevents you from noticing patterns. thats harder to deal with im sorry.

I don't doubt that multimillion dollar companies are doing shitty things behind closed doors, but I'm still putting on my skepticals.
I'm gonna need some concrete proof so I can be legitimately mad.

I dont disagree. I have numerous issues with Overwatch that I think are just fundamental to it. I dont like it at all, but I can still atleast play Lucio and have fun cause there is nothing else redeeming about the game besides lucio's speed and the art direction but even thats debatable yadda yadda.
The bigger point is, to lightly paraphrase and update Errantsignal's editorial on this, Overwatch and TF2 create vastly different social spaces with their speeds. Overwatch practically has no social spaces directly in it; matches abruptly end with a play of the game slap on the ass and jokes in voting players preformance and then it hurries you off to the next match so socializing is practically removed outside of showing you have x skin for genji. TF2 in actual matches prior matchmaking had matches lasting up to 30 minutes leading to a more relaxed feel as you probably have the time to back up for a bit and type a message to join in the conversation. And if you wanted to go even more relaxed trade servers and such offered much more conversational/chat room-y type ventures. Not to mention, as much as the hat and cosmetic systems detracted from the original art design, the less stream lined focus lead to better self expression. There is a series on youtube currently about a guy profiling what kind of a player you are depending on whats your favorite hat or weapon and something like that just cant exist in Overwatch.
Overwatch is stream lined and wants you to get the max amount of games possible in a short time to make sure you get your crate and be done with the game until tomorrow. TF2 had you there for a long time, meaning there was more time to get to know the community and still play the game. Hell, maybe thats why a 13 year old game is still being played and held onto by its fans. I'm not sure what the science is behind it, but TF2's social spaces were lighting in a bottle and I'm not even sure another game could replicate it.

What are you on about?

The game sucks anyway, and has for a long time.

Remember when Riot did the exact same and the contract got out?

for the most part your experience described in the OP is the same thing anyone whos been playing the game since release is familiar with. of course your experience with the matchmaking and competitive systems are something that couldnt be experienced back then but the actual gameplay you describe is something pretty much anyone in this thread has seen a hundred times over.

more than anything, you make me nostalgic.

heheheh relax OP, mods will fix everything…this is the PC we're talking about. mods. always. fix. everything. everything. everything.

Maybe Sega will revive it for the PC crowd. It's not an impossibly, is it?

I am aware this is bait, but go kill yourself you retard.

If the TF2C team wasn't retarded it might've been.

That sounds like the sort of thing that's protected by an NDA.

MODS WILL FIX IT I SWARE MODS ALWAYS FIX IT PC IS ALIVE AND KICKIN BOYS ITS GONNA BE FIXED BY MODS I SWEAR

Who are you quoting?

I've heard that it's even worse. If you want to be on the esport scene you can't say the game that you used to play if it's not a Blizzard game. Even the commentators can't name them. Also a couple of months ago Blizzard said that the esport scene of Overhyped was a succes, it's false, most big names have left the scene because Blizzard are control freaks and ask way too much money, that's why they made that special event where they basically lowered the barrier of entry and let the casuals in.
I say that as I don't give a shit about esports but it's sad to see people prasing Blizz when they're just as cancerous as EA

Richard Lewis talked about that on his podcast a couple of times I think.

Wasn't the game just bad? It got a lot of hype when "cuhrayzee" generals were in their prime.

The science itself is pretty simple and you've already pretty well captured it; TF2's longer matches and generally languishing pace while still being a rather intense shooter lead to a flourishing community where you can play while still being able to have a conversation at the same time, and all without saying a word.

Some players took it too far, though, leading to the trend of things like alltalk or idle servers long after idling become a waste of time (new weapons/hats you get in the drop system are auto-deleted if you don't accept them in time, etc etc).

Singleplayer was fine, multiplayer was weird and disjointed.

With TF2s social spaces, one could also attribute it to the fact the Source Engine itself is still very much a classic shooter engine despite years of updates and promotes more campy gameplay over high-speed nimble gameplay. Which is a good thing in this case.
Regardless, the only time I ever have fun in Overwatch is when I play Offensive Torb because it not only pisses people off but it also gives me a slight chance to be campy, albeit again, only slight

Millennial detected.

How does it feel to have shit opinions

TF2 is a very slow arena shooter, Overwatch is ASSFAGGOTS in first person.

POST YFW YOU NEVER PLAYED OVERCUCK

This is how you spot someone who has never played Aeon of Strife or Overwatch and just memespews on Holla Forums like a redditfag

Go on…

good times

The worst part is Overwatch doesn't even have the same staying power as TF2. It's only been what, a year? And now all my friends have already moved on to games that actually do have some staying power like FFXIV or Rocket League. It's not like with TF2 where my friends put in over 700 hours each and played up until the Meet Your Match update killed the fucking thing. Overbotch is a meme, TF2 was a great fucking game for a while.
The thing that killed TF2 was that you could see a sort of feature/content creep come to ruin it in real time.
Valve's short-sightedness and hubris is what lead to the fall of TF2. I wouldn't be surprised if like L4D2 to L4D3, we start seeing some TF3 changelogs in the photos people take at Valve's offices once the playerbase reaches it's death throes and the support for the game slowly fades into nothingness while they work on another never ever project.

Oh yeah, they only make a new game in a series when the previous game's playerbase is FUCKING DEAD.

by pushing itself as a competitive metagame game it greatly shortened its lifespan. really theres nothing they could do to avoid that these days if they wanted to design characters like that.

people spent years in tf2 doing whatever the fuck they felt like and not worrying so much about any kind of meta other than whining about dying to simpleton pyros.

Is that why they released L4D2 not even a year after the first game?

Prove it

I've said this before and I will say this again. Overwatch is going to age like SHIT with its cast of shallow-as fuck [Current Year] Hot Topic-tier designs. TF2 in contrast was timeless with its art style and character design

Valve wanted to push their new AI Software "NextBot" I believe

I'm not the user you're replying to, but yeah it's pretty boring after a while. Tf2 has a lot more staying power.

OW is a braindead game for casuals, the biggest tell being infinite ammo and lack of ammo boxes placement completely destroying any need for map awareness or strategy and almost every match ends with EVERYONE spamming his ult on a choke point.
There is no skill in that game at all.

I know you're just b8'ing/playing devils advocate. but I still want to answer this
vs Overwatch
>Enter fucking Skirmish Mode
>Have to wait 30 fucking seconds at the character select screen
>Have to wait another 30 seconds for the fucking doors to open for the match to even start
I can go on and on and fucking on. OW is a bad game. Its not worth the money

This is how you tell how someone has never played Overwatch and only parrots what they hear on Holla Forums. Map awareness and tactics (not strategy, you illiterate cunt) are incredibly important in Overwatch, more important than in TF2, even if there aren't any ammo packs. Health pack knowledge is important, knowing where pitfalls are is important, flanking routes, perches, where you can climb with Hanzo and Genji, etc. Also nobody spams their ults at choke poimts because that's how you lose if you don't get everybody or you do without getting the Mercy that has a rez ready.

Holla Forums is taking another shit.

Calm down, BIDF.

Translation:
Look, you can't rely on a professional to carry your team. You have to be that dude. And don't say that one dude can't carry a shit team, because I've done it with both Medic and Scout.

How does it feel when nothing you posted is true and how does it feel that you tried comparing jumping into a custom game that had room to searching for a game mode instead of comparing jumping into a custom game on OW to jumping in a custom game on TF2? Are you always disingenuous like that?

TF2 isn't dead

it's called Overwatch now.

You first, VIDF

One thing I just recently noticed about Overwatch is NOBODY CURSES, nobody insults eachother, there's only 6 voice lines IN TOTAL and they're all rudimentary (its "Understood", "Thanks!, "Hello!", "Need Armor" and "Need Healing!")

Again, lets compare this to TF2, where you get unique cheers, jeers, positive lines, negative lines "Sentry Ahead!" "Spy!" "Go Right!" "Go Left!" "Incoming!" "Medic!" "Put teleport here! "Put Sentry here!" "Help!" and so on

And going back to the whole cursing thing, its less that I want the game to be for "Mature gamers such as myself" shit (I mean hell, we're comparing this to TF2 for fucks sake) But it did make me realize I was actually playing a game for children. I just wish they gave their characters actual personality. Overwatch's characters are all lifeless, shallow robots

This is completely false, and your voice commands argument is also just as weak.

Can you suck Blizzards dick any harder, (397f45)?

I'm just not even replying to him m8. Stop feeding it

Can you non-argument harder?

when do they curse in tf2?

everybody 30 years old and under is a millenial you dolt

Off the top of my head Scout calls people dumbass. But the cursing itself isn't even really the fucking point. I just wish they gave the Overwatch cast more personality. I don't want to sound like some Valve/Gabe Jew cocksucker but TF2 actually had some great writing and voice acting in all honesty

Every Overwatch character has voice lines that range from mocking to sillyness, and then you sometimes have prematch banter if two characters are in the spawn room. Also I'd say both TF2 and Overwatch characters have the same amount of character, aka not much because all of them are rather shallow

thats definitely harsher than anything in overwatch. why would noticing good voice work and dialogue be jewish? tell me.
but youre right and i agree with your point. the tf2 cast had a fuckton of character in their characters. while overwatch, a game that seems to take pride in its characters do not have hardly as much characterization.
and while i could understand not having as much dialogue as the tf2 classes beings as overwatch cast is huge and only getting larger its still rather glaring how little they have to say.

jesus

Naw, Overwatch is more restricted, Blizzard was too afraid to be Politically Incorrect. You will NEVER see anyone like a "Black Scottish Cyclops" telling people to "Go to hell, and tell the devil I'm coming for him next!" the banter you hear in the spawn in OW is just smalltalk/idle chat. Its fucking boring. Blizzard tries too hard not to offend ANYONE

when did he say that? he said theyre full of life

I know you replied to the wrong person
Feel only pitty for that poor soul, he's gone off the deep end. He's a Blizzdrone now

I did a half ass investigation into this, I looked at a couple of channels including STAR/2nd ster and there's a clear point about a year ago when the game came out where they started uploading Overwatch videos and stopped uploading TF2 ones. On the handful of channels I looked at, there wasn't a single video, even a nostalgia/comparative/whatever a youtube e celeb calls a shitpost video about TF2. I'd say it's pretty likely Blizzard did contracts with a whole bunch of people that had non competitive and non disclosure clauses that forced people to stop uploading content related to TF2, possibly other arena FPS franchises as well, somewhat like that Mountain Dew gamejam abortion that had Jontron and Valkenberg at odds.

I just grabbed a few lines at random from different classes, but these are fucking this you'd never hear Blizzard dare having put in their games. AS you said they're too afraid to offend,so you get the bland muck the characters spew out every now and again in Ogrebotch.

I honestly am not surprised if that was exactly the case. The reason Overwatch has no Offline Mode/LAN mode for example is because Blizzard did NOT want any unauthorized Overwatch tournaments held because Blizzard owns MLG. Seriously, look it up. Blizzard is by far the biggest group of scumbags in the industry

Exactly, great examples. Overwatch's characters are all terribly generic as well. This is especially apparent given their lack-thereof backstory. With TF2 you got some generic characters on the surface like the Scout, a baseball player from the Bronx but the Scout was sprung to fucking life with amazing writing and great voice acting. Go back and watch any of the Meet the Team trailers and each individual trailer has more character than all of Overwatch as a whole combined. And I genuinely believe it comes from the fact Blizzard does not want to offend anybody. This is what Political Correctness does to your writing and characters

How arent they? Tell me.

Watch this man, seriously
Its a sad day when TF2 is seen as a more mature shooter, a really sad fucking day.

All that shows is Sniper has a much character as most Overwatch characters, aka very little. Also Overwatch does have blood splatter. Why do you keep lying?

No, Overwatch does not. Or maybe it does, I don't fucking know. The second I got the game I had a profanity filter enabled for the chat. A PROFANITY FILTER FOR THE CHAT IN A SHOOTER. So maybe I missed one. You're playing a game for children man deal with it

Video games are for children, user. what's your point?

Gotta make those 10c/post

You are either the biggest baiter, Blizzard shill, cuck, or fucking dumbass I've ever seen. Hell, you may be all 4 altogether.

gg no re
isn't that still filtered?

I was gonna say something about how it's for the modern pozzed groups that are afraid of anything that might be offensive but it's the same thing in the end.

I really wish they had made a single player game using the writing and charm you see in the Meet The X videos.

Yes, unless you disable it in the options.

All of his posts are defending overwatch.

Yes, it is.

Can you? All I saw was the option to disable the profanity filter, and that did NOT disable the gg no re filtering AFAIK

Great non arguments

Thanks.

By the way if you have stuff you have complaints about, the TF2 team is accepting feedback via email for the first time.

I sent em something about the shitty matchmaking

I wasn't trying to make an argument, it was a response to you saying TF2 characters have little personality after showing you how much life the characters have.

Great non-argument, bud.

Didn't they ONLY filter out "gg ez" though?

Doing God's work.

Some housewife at blizzard got triggered at getting memed on so she filtered gg ez into some passive aggressive drivel like, "i live in my mums basement and am insecure about myself and all i want are friends".

Its not worth it man. We all have to move on. TF2 gave us all great memories but its over now. CS:GO is Valves new baby. What IS TF2's current ranking on Steam now? Last I checked it was in 4th place now and I think its fallen since then

sorry yeah I meant gg ez but its to the same effect

I still play it at least once a day and I still like it.
Not to mention right now TF2 is being worked on by a team of people that actually love the game, and that's why they're working on it.

This is the moment to make them work on it and change it for the better. I believe in them.

I've been playing since '07 man. I just don't know if I could ever go back. Even if they did start improving things now I doubt it'll ever be as popular again as it was from 2007 to 2015. The fact its still even in the top 10 on Steam is mind blowing though and I doubt Overwatch will ever last as long

just delete the post and remake it smh fam

The game doesn't need to be massively popular for it to be good, if anything it not being that popular means that the team can finally cater to a dedicated community

Holy shit now that's an original post that I have not heard before

Remade post:

To quote someone from the comment section of meet the Pyro:

"TF2:
Hires a teenage kid filled with sugar that can run as fast as Usain Bolt
Hires an insane soldier that has been rejected from all armies in the USA.
Hires a pyromaniac that doesnt even know what hes doing.
Hires a drunk GUY WITH EXPLOSIVES.
Hires a 300 pounder that has a big taste for sandviches.
Hires an engineer that can build things way beyond our technology.
Hires a doctor with a physcopathic other self.
Hires an assasin that pees in jars.
Hires a french wearing ski mask guy that can wear a mask to look like an enemy.

Fuck off Overwatch. You'll never be as good as this."

Now, Ogrecrotch…..all it has is "OI! NU TIEM FURR STANDIN AROUUND" and "i need healing" along with shitty voice lines you got from loot boxes that aren't worth what slid down the crack of Jeff Kaplin's momma's ass.

Ogrerottencrotch a shit when it comes to characters.

I mean, there's a lot of criteria that needs to be met to be physically-abused by one's girlfriend/wife, but that doesn't mean it's impossible.

Sorry, I meant battered persyn syndrome.
Any cuck weak enough to be abused by a woman deserves worse anyway, faggot

I only periodically go on TF2 to troll around trade servers and the like, haven't bothered with mainline stuff in years.

What if you dated the world's strongest woman and she turned out to be very abusive?

Fucking hat simulator game is garbage anyways

What if you dated THIS *unzips dick*

Since when? It's been the dumping room where they put worthless interns for years now. The only reason they're still working on it, is they're not good enough to work on a "real" project, so they just shit TF2 up with attempts to make it more like modern esports bait.
If the shituation actually changed I'd love to know more.

That's just a shitty outlook to have on it.
I haven't heard anything about interns working on TF2, would love to see where you got that from

Holy shit how disingenuous can you be? Also the fact you keep trying to shoehorn in some retarded insulting alliterations of the Overwatch name into your posts makes you look desperate.

I've carried teams made of 9 sniper russian kids who just installed the game with engi. You need to git gud

In my defense I stopped playing regularly after Valve added time tracking around 2009 or 2010 also TF2 came out out during the golden age of multiplayer Half-Life 2 mods and I was too busy playing those instead.

Well. I give you that its more arena shooter than Battleborn and arguably more than Paladins. But if you want a game that uses the moba ability system good you go to titanfall 2 which balances it between being limiting and feeling like your abilities are always ready in titan combat.

Jesus christ, I'm witnessing the problem with my very eyes.

You mean love 6s. Because almost all the shit from that update preview kept using competitive 6s as a context. Don't even start saying "oh but they also said they're trying to keep a balance between competitive and casual" or some other bullshit quote that's also on that TF2 blogpost, you don't keep nerfing a single class over and over in an unbalanced game, you do it because of comp shitters getting their special meta countered. Also related to competitive butt bothering, during the channel TF2 video search I found a guy talking about "the state of specialists" and how soldiers and demos weren't complete shitters, they're "versatile" and "generalists!" I think there's this thing about splash damage in video games that turns people into retards.

Dude, you've been shilling for a shitty Jew "muh multiculturalism" game that barely has any personality.

Let me list off the characters:

Tracer: A British baity as fuck skintight suit wearing faggot who teleports in time to dodge shit and has an annoying ass voice that makes me want to stab her in the throat.

>Genji: I NEED HEALING Faggot cyborg ninja who got fucked up by his shitty brother and gets knocked on his ass trying to 1v6 the enemy team. Also HONOR HONOR YOSH!!!!

>Winston: Big nigger gorilla with lightning shit and made Tracer be able to move through time or something nd he's NAWT A MUNKY! HE'S A scientologist SCHEINTIST!

>Lucio: Suuuper accepting and open-minded dude who makes music yo! Probably a liberal too. His music is actually pretty good, I have to be honest here. Some faggots ship him with the Mary Sue tank.

>Mercy: BEST GIRL Swiss doctor who raised the Reepur faggot from the dead and turned him into a shitty emo grandpa, and turned Genji into a cyborg. Not much personality worth talking about, though.

So that was my summary of all of the current Overcrotch heroes. I still say TF2 has better characters, especially since Overwatch is really spread thin while TF2 has less characters to write long backstories/personalities for.

All the Overwatch characters have backstories, but disinteresting "personalities" to go along with them.

pic related

Funny considering most characters in Overwatch are anti-omnic, with the omnics standing in as roborefugees. Also most of your dumbass descriptions could be applied to TF2s characters to show how shallow their personalities are.

there's the dwarf and maybe the big knight german guy, and one of the trailers was about trying to stop the big bad evil organization from assassinating muh robo ambassador. The whole fucking robot thing was about a virus that made them evil and now there's a robot monk and this war time robot that's peaceful about birds and shit and niggers refugees robots aren't really evil it was just that one time and even then they dindu nuthin. For context, it took less then five minutes to find this information.

Checked. Actually looking at my achievement list most of them don't even have a Date Unlocked status next to them. It's been so long I kinda wanna play it again, but everyone seems to hate it now.

was there not an omnic terrorist organization though

I know the London mission is about moving a bomb to blow it up and blame it on

someone, probably Null Sector, I can't find info on that anywhere, which is suspicious.
The organization you're thinking of is Null Sector, who did a robot jihad on London until they were stopped by old overwatch.

Nearly 3/4ths of the cast make unfavorable comments about omnics, including Zarya who is outright racist to omnics who play on the same team

The Russian I give you, but the rest of those quotes are just bait for bad jokes

Where is your proof?

Holy fuck man, every post ITT you've made is rabidly defending overwatch. Please fuck off fanboy.

This one time a guy with a tiny bowler hat and a glowing hat joined my game
He headshot everyone and called me pumpkin

ACTUAL OVERWATCH DIALOGUE
ACTUAL OVERWATCH DIALOGUE

Scout: A young guy from Boston who is hyped up on sugar a lot. The reason he runs really fats is because he would always be the last person to show up to a fight and wanted to get the first punch, so he trained his legs so he could get to a fight quicker. He has the hots for a gril that works day and night to cover up what happens in TF2. Huge fan of baseball.

Pyro: Crazy schizophrenic who sees everything around him as sunshine and rainbows and love and happiness, while he's chopping up enemies with a fire axe, and burning them alive and dead with a flamethrower fashioned from things you can find in a tool shed and garage.

Demoman: Constantly drunk one-eyed Scott who blows shit up with a pipe bomb launchair and sticky bombs he remotely detonates. Constantly either screams or babbles drunkenly. His family was obsessed with jobs and had dozens of jobs to work a day. One day, he lost his eye due to spooky magic, and his fucking eye turned into a magic rocket launching demon.

Engineer: A country-man from Texas who builds machines that shoot the shit out of people, heal and dispense ammo, and teleport people across great distances. He's soft spoken, and is a generally laid back dude.

>Spy: A classy man with a suit and ski mask from France. He insults those he kills, taking things way too far on occasion. He is fucking the shit out of dating scout's mom. He acts calm when others would freak the fuck out, and is a master of espionage.

That cover it for ya, rabid faggot fanboy?

Guys where do you get glowing hats?
Do they make you better in the game?

Community Market. The more expensive the hat, the better you are at the game.

But I don't have money

Penny stocks, then. In certain games on steam, including TF2, by playing the game you accrue certain digital wares that other people will pay steambux for. Over time, you can accrue enough money to buy hundreds of dollars worth of hats without paying a single real cent.

TF2 has had 13 years to establish its characters and its gone above and beyond with making each one feel suprisingly fresh as time passes. Look at the TF2 comics for example which are probably some of the bets things TF2 still has to offer.
Overwatch hasnt had as much time but it makes the chaotically dumb choice to entirely separate its story and setting from its game. So none of the characters in game actually feel like they have character despite them in canon being fairly well portrayed. Which is also why I cant stand Overwatch half the time when I realize the characters actually have a few interesting points and if they were not just characters from a roster and maybe a more tightly knit cast of characters; they could get more focus in a game about them and not out of canon battles meaning fuck all plot wise and flourish. I dont care about Overwatch gameplay wise and I play games for games, not to be filler between the next comic update or animated thing.

Hi I'm the sniper that headshot your entire team, that other guy is full of shit, if you want to be good at tf2 you just gotta eat your wheaties, say your prayers and practice everyday.

wew
not mine :^)

Jesus. Are you still playing tf2 in 2017?

Could have gone for another 5000 hours too had they kept themselves from shitting all over the table for once.

Dead before it even came out.
| |-
|| |_

Nice never ever meme /r9k/

You'll find that despite people constantly shitting on new TF2, and repeating over and over how much they would've preferred if it had stayed like when ti came out, none of these people actually wants to play old Tf2.

And that's why TF2 is going the direction it's in now.

The reason is that old TF2 felt so much better, but it's boring as shit. At least TF2C added new shit.

To be fair TF2V seems to have people playing it, and right now it's only contained to Holla Forums. If it gets shilled as a not shit version of TF2C that intends to fix bugs instead of adding new stuff it. Again the problem is shilling it and bringing it to the attention of more people.

Still that said it's been fun so far with the only major bug being related to breaking snetries

Shit nobody but the tranny devs and special snowflake feminine-dick-orbiters wanted.

Sometimes I'd wear the Gibus during pubstomping crusades to rub it in people's faces that they were getting owned by a faggot wearing a fucking Gibus. It did tend to make people even madder than usual.

This and a pony avatar works like a charm

At least it made the old TF2 less like a boring pile of shit.

Can't really call it "Classic" if it's not actually adhering to the classic feel of old TF2.

tf2 since 2012 on pubs has been 90% spy and sniper and that's why I quit playing late last year. I can't just randomly join a match and have fun, I randomly join an match to lose because stompers are on one side or wide because they aren't. There is no team, just snipers and spies.

TF2C is trash, that's why Holla Forums went and made Vintage.

When all the utensils are rusted, all that you are left with is a broken game.

But Overwatch doesn't have
Hell, by these metrics, even fucking Medieval Ballerina Simulator's characters have more depth than Overwatch's

Join the partyvan
It may have the shitchan label but thats just because we got started in those days

koth maps are trash

Get on my level. :^)

KotH in tf2 was a mistake.
Now, KotH Online…

But it does, 4 of them in fact
But it does, it's just not a frequent occurrence

Fuck you AJ

Like most of you said, overwatch is not a suitable replacement for tf2. Blizzard likes to casualise games, so that everyone and their grandma can join. I cannot express the nostalgia I feel for the old tf2, and the disdain I feel for the game in the current year. When I was a kid, and first started playing tf2, I never imagined things would lead up to this.

TF2 excelled in so many aspects: fun gameplay, a low skill floor with a considerable ceiling, the goofy artstyle, the loveable characters, the super complex social paradigm, source engine (meaning endless maps, gamemodes and mods). It had limitless potential. I don't wanna write another 3k word essay on why the game has died, or what decisions valve has made that turned a pristine gem into a cancerous, anti-fun game.

But I will say this: overwatch will never have enough girth to ever live up to what tf2 once was. The gameplay is casualised, the fact you have so many characters means their kits are smaller and more restrictive, it has moba elements, the characters are bland, with cookie-cutter personalities. Oh, look at me, im the justice fighter that is here to stop evil! I'm the generic bad guy that wants to blow shit up for anarchic purposes. Where is the smooth, backstabbing assassin, or the overcompensating wimp, or the psychotic doctor? TF2 had so much depth, in all aspects. Music, art style, gameplay, plot, characters, content. Overwatch feels limited. I got bored after

pssssh

That's a bot, r-right?

Why is tf so fucking stale? If only they'd have left vanila untouched but baalnce is out of the window now

Even the font looks fake, work on that

Again we've got the Holla Forums made TF2V that's showing promise. But a major problem is people would rather bitch about things than look at alternatives

better?

Any video of that mod?

yes

thread on Holla Forums right now.

People always say its weird that I hate streams, but god damn man those guys are generally so off putting to me.
Like stop with the wacky effects and facecam, I came to watch a game be played and possibly listen to your commentary, not stare at your egotistical mug.

It hurts man. It hurts real bad.

Hey, round about the same.

I'd say its probably a good thing its shrinking. A game with mass appeal generally is watered down, eventually less people will be playing and the ones remaining have a 50-50 chance of being entirely decent people like before it went to shit, or just the people who downloaded it for a gag.

Having a smaller audience would really help take the pressure off too. Still excited for the pyro update though, I'm hoping its before august.

Its probably the lack of aiming they have to do.

Also a point: Cosmetics used to help develop character of tf2's mercs. Used to, I wish they would do it again but I mean how would you explain why the heavy would wear kittens, a Hawaiian shirt, and some short pants.

Overwatch's skins are just random, they never actually fit the theme of the character (Well maybe like 2). Like have a dwarf, only now he's a biker and a pirate? Gamer girl in a mech! Bees and junker style. Just… Wat?

TF2V?
I know tf2c, but is it something else? Isn't tf2c dead?

TF2Vintage. It's a fork of TF2C made by Holla Forums. It makes it vanilla TF2, and keeps out all the retarded shit the TF2C devs added.

I'm not sure if this is real, but that would be 564 days, or one year and 199 days. That might seem ridiculous, but seeing the hours that some people put into DotA 2, I'm in the fence.

How do you people do it?

OP, you've just listed a whole bunch of reasons why people are leaving TF2 for Overwatch, while complaining heavily about an update that largely happened because Valve were trying to compete with Overwatch.

The premise of the argument is still sound.
Just because people are trying to fill the void with Overwatch doesn't mean TF2 wasn't suicide.

if tf2 is so dead, why do people keep talking about it and why does it still have a large player base

Those are the hours of a B4nny-tier player or a trading bot.

I only started at Tough Break, but that brief taste of the 'good' 'old' days left me totally soured by MyM. Casual is still fucking awful even after they've spent a year unfucking the worst changes from that abomination of an update.

And I'd like to get into competitive play but the tiny pool of community players in Australia means that getting into a tf2center or faceit match is a nightmare and even then it's only 5000 hour people left playing.

MyM comp was such an abortion that it died within 2 weeks, Valve shut down the local servers and even if you get a game on the other side of the world with 400 ping it's 99% hackers and gibus spies.

What? Just because you're all suffering from battered wife syndrome, nobody else can enjoy a game in vaguely the same genre?
Is it so hard to grasp that some people on Holla Forums has a lower autism threshold than you, and doesn't want to play a 10 year old mod rehash with furry servers?

weak bait m8

because they want it to be dead so that TF2 can be that game they say "Remember TF2? Good times" rather than admitting that the game grew and they grew away from it. It's the same shit with people who say Pokemon is dead.

Tell me, in 10 years, did any TF2 competitive game get off the ground?

Autism. It has the power to negate entropy.

Yeah. The competitive scene used to be huge. But now everyone just plays CS.

It's depressing because this is exactly what was said about the pc scene. Which is currently a desert of DRM and microtransactions.

I know what I'm doing tonight. Do people really get angry over your hat?

Sounds like you just suck.
Who the fuck uses matchmaking anyways.

I played it during the initial launch up until the Soldier vs. Scotsman update. I thoroughly enjoyed all the tasks for Medic, Scout, Pyro, Heavy, Sniper and Spy at that time - weapons were rewarded based on achievement completion, but they were all doable (I got Pyro's Hadoken kill randomly on a scout running through a door, and the chat erupted with laughter).

But by the Soldier/Demo update, the system started changing where weapons were farmable pickups and hats started leaking into the meta. I've been a collector-freak before, but I just didn't find any appeal in this where pre-order hats were touted like WoW pets for Blizzard game preorders, and rewards became random loot drops shortcutted through microtransactional loot box keys. By that point I said fuck it and left for good, and that was even sadder considering the Meet The Team videos hadn't even finished by then.

Naturally I haven't touched Overwatch since its core revolves around the same faggoty autism that drove me away from TF2, and that's without factoring in how scummy Blizzard and its community are.

HOLY SHIT IS THAT FOR REAL???

I think the worst thing for me was realizing how much the online audience has changed in multiplayer games.

I need a source for this. Not trying to shoot you down or anything I just really need something I can show people to raise awareness of their cancer

There's a TF2C thread up now.

what fresh hell is this

It says 17+ on the box fam

lad please
tfw 900+ hours on scout

winrar

That guy (Richard Lewis) is legit. He's an esport commentator and a journalist, he's uncovered the CS gambling sites etc. He's hated by Riot Games (he exposed a bunch of dumb shit they did along the years, since then he's even banned from their LoL subreddit).
His videos are usually quite long (30 min to 1 hour or 2) so I hope I found the right ones. I embedded his first vid covering the anouncement of Overcucks League in november 2016. Here's his recent one, named "Endemic Esports & The Overwatch League " youtube.com/watch?v=X7EV4m89CPA

Just tell me this, is TF2 worse than Overwatch currently? This is the measurement I'd consider rock bottom

HAHA REMEMBER THE AUSTRALIUM ROCKET SHIT MODE? HOW MANY FUCKING MAPS ARE THERE FOR THAT, STILL JUST ONE? WHAT ABOUT tc_hydro

It is. You should keep in mind, though, that it's not because overwatch is great, but rather because tf2 is shit nowadays. I can't even cash in on member berries because I just get a heartbreak every time I reinstall the game.

No and anyone that says it is should be suspect to fuckery.

Gameplay wise TF2 is still far ahead of Overwatch, even with all the bullshit nerfs and updates.
Community wise it's more of a case of Overwatch's tumblr autism vs TF2's genuine autism when it comes to the cancer in it's community.

Isn't a little disingenuous to whine about modes not having any maps when people can actually make maps for those modes?

cumon step it up