What are games that make fun of you for which difficulty you choose?

What are games that make fun of you for which difficulty you choose?

MUH DICK

Please an hero.

This is also in the newer Wolfenstein, except they took out the make up one.

Well there's MGSV and the chicken hat which was funnily enough used a lot by reviewers

This video will never not be funny.
Someone once made a great analogy responding to the "but you don't have to be good to judge games" redditors by comparing it to a non musician just rubbing a guitar for 5 minutes and then giving it a note.

Someone needs to make an actual "journalist mode" difficulty setting

Were they playing on a madcats controller?

In Ninja Gaiden Black, if you selected the easiest mode 'Ninja Dog,' Ayane says she overestimated you and you have a pink ribbon tied to your wrist for the entire game.

is he playing on a touchpad?

Good shit.

pathetic

Its hard to find someone even worse at vidya than DSP.
Its harder on the eyes to watch it…

The most trolly trollita.

Much better

I think it should also count that Joe calls its lowest difficulty "Kids mode" and that DMC3 only lets you play on easy if you die three times.

I Wanna Be The Guy makes you wear a pink bow on Easy mode.

I want to impregnate Junko and make her my cocksleeve.

I'm sure she wants the same from you, user.

What is going on here

Generally speaking, I start everything at normal. If I find it to easy I will turn it up.

But if the difficulty just turns my weapons in to Nerf blasters while making enemies damage sponges I don't bother.
If it adds more enemies or enemies act different then that is always amazing.

The only reason I will play a game on easy is if a certain part is absolute bullshit, or if the game itself is so boring I just want it over with.

But that's not even the best Junko, user.

You can also see the fact that it's a console user trying to play on a PC for the first time

God Hand new game startup screen.

Easy
Gene: Do I gotta hold your hand as well?

Normal
Gene: Stoked af Yeeeeah!

Hard
Gene: So someone has a pair.
Literally all enemies on meth mode and perma-stuck on Lv. Die. Literally placing it's slogan as a 'Hard As Ball' game.

I can understand why these people thought Crash Bandicoot was a souls game.

Obligatory

I remember playing an XBox DDR game that would make fun of you while you play if you play on the easiest difficulty, especially if you are losing.

Especially the stipulations when getting those gems. Either had to avoid getting a certain item or reaching that one area in which would make or break you or your controller as it tested out all of your use to the abilities.

Dungeon of the Endless's normal difficulty is called easy and easy mode is called too easy, it's not really insulting but people still got butthurt in reviews

I should also note you can't get a lot (any?) of the achievements. This would normally be a "who cares" situation, you can unlock secret characters through them and all but one is awesome. I should also note that this is one of those Platinum games that makes you go through on easy first because Hard and up have completely different enemy layouts, you know, good hard mode.

On easy mode? I think it's actually required to go through Easy and Very Easy to get some of the bottle caps, since completing all of the secret missions counts the secret missions in each difficulty individually. Even then you could just use the secret code instead of grinding out achievements.

Oh yeah?

PICK YOUR DIFFICULTY

A little too much self-awareness to be intentional.

So its 1.5in at most? That kind of impressive to admit to. Having a micropenis that is. I know a gal whos first boyfriend earned the nickname of tictack for showing off, so I mean there are worse nick names.

A shot anywhere in the body in real life is fatal. Not that a Polygon reviewer would know.

In reference to this clip.

I looked over that list four times before i saw it
What the fuck happened there

pure ego, unrestrained "look at ''meeeeeee'!". It's like that identity crisis that teens get only these are people much older, who really should have mentally grown out of it.

wow great this thread again it is so great we can have the same thread every week.
bored is slow as fuck since vidya is dead so why not

honestly that's how i'd play too if you made me controll DOOM with a controller which seems to be the case. If this is on PC its just ludicrous

This reads more like a combo sheet than difficulty settings.

It's worse than this. Not only he fucks up all his shots despite the aim assist, but most of the time, he doesn't even move and fight at the same time. Something anyone can do.
It's Arthur Gies playing btw.

If we manage to survive that long, imagine historians centuries later trying to decipher what all this shit means.

Furi puts a huge "PROMENADE" text next to the bosses health bar so everyone knows you are playing on bitch boy difficulty, plus it outright removes loads of phases and story so you don't even really play the full game.

Of course people whined and bitched about this.

Even handless people are better than playing shooters than Polygon journos. I'm being serious.

Does anyone have the screencap of the ledditor who got fucking lost in a Half Life 2 map? He was a tester for Valve and kept going in circles. He was the reason the game ended up like a fucking corridor.

Are you fucking retarded?

Where is "Bearded Gay Jew" on that list?

Oy you're showing your newness, dumbfuck.

The dev commentary brought up a point where they had a roundabout that returned to the same point, and they removed it because one guy just kept taking the wrong turn over and over.

Reddit didn't even exist in 2004, fuck.

Locked character.

I'm too young to die!

Kill yourself, retard. The guy was posting on leddit, therefore he was a ledditor.

What if he was posting about it years later, and is one of the cancers that lingered long before 2007.

Kiss.

Great argument

What if this universe is some other universes hell?

There is no evidence to the contrary. It's already a monkey paw universe, where anything you desire can be yours, but only in the worst possible way.

It probably really is just kid mode considering it's a Spider-Man game.

If I were to make a game, I would make an easy "Journo mode" difficulty that was so pathetic it ruined the fun of the game. Then there would be normal mode. Then there would be the super challenge mode. That's it. A meme mode, a regular mode, and a second/"true" playthrough mode.

oh dear

This didn't apply to the whole game, but it was good anyway

kek

My brother makes me play FPS coop on console and im not THAT bad at playing

no no no wait
during the phone call he also explicitly mentions that they might give this game bad ratings if we give him a hard time

The pink ribbon is an equippable power-up accessory you can take off at any time. She also hands out extra items through her kunai, including other accessories that have the same attributes as the rings you can equip. Every time you die three times in a row Ayane also gives you extra items, including a scroll of resurrection. You're also limited to Ryu's training outfit for the entire game instead of his black Legendary Falcon outfit he normally puts on before he heads out to Tairon. The title screen also changes from a picture to Ryu to Ayane when you play Ninja Dog mode. I think Ninja Gaiden Black really takes the take for how much effort the devs put in to make you feel like a wimp for playing on easy.

I don't remember this at all.
this is that sarcasm thing I've heard about aint it

Kiss

One Must Fall 2097.

idk man playing fps with controller is fuckimg horribel and noone kan disputte dat srry drunk

That would be hilariously inconvenient.

skip to 5:07

Kiss.

It was in episode 2 though, which was released in 2007. Then again I'm not sure when the playtesting was done.

Mod looks like the real Doom 2016