Why does Max Payne 2 feel so much worse than Max Payne 1 despite practically being the same game?

Why does Max Payne 2 feel so much worse than Max Payne 1 despite practically being the same game?

MP2 isn't that bad

Not that bad, but not satisfying at all either.

is this a new meme?

Watch as Holla Forums will ultimately decide that Max Payne is shit.
>implying Holla Forums isn't one person

Bullet time should've been limited to shootdodge or deplete way faster indeed.

Max Payne is shit though. It was "MUH GRAFIX" normalfag bait from day 1, and is one of the first PC games that I genuinely had buyer's remorse from.

see

It doesnt

"Max Payne 2 was good" is a meme. I don't know, but for me MP2 feels much less tight and satisfying than MP1. Enemies feel annoying rather than threatening. The world is also less surreal and downbeat.

Rather than making the bullet time unlimited and throwing more enemies in, they should've fixed the real time gunplay. The writing also sucks. Mona is shit.

Ah the game which they tried to sell with Mona's tits…
It was the nu-Star Wars: The Force Awakens of his time. Everyone were bring back without real purpose, Max was over the top for no fucking reason, the noir part was barely there nad those levels… Oh boy! …the first game was hard, but not because the level was desinged like shit.

And the ragdoll! THE MOTHER FUCKING RAGDOLL I nearly vomitted when first time seen it and it became a fucking standard in gaming! GOD FUCKING DAMMIT!

DAMN YOU FUCKING ALL IN HELL!

When in the first game Max is just a regular cop pushed too far with nothing to lose, but in the second one he feels more like some sorts of super soldier. Bullet time feels more like a super power then anything else, just look how he reloads, what is this? That's just my opinion though, I don't think Max Payne 2 is a bad game, far from it, but at the same time I don't think it's even close to the first one.

That's because Max Payne 2 wasn't nearly as good as 1 in almost every way.

Overall difficulty of the game was lowered compared to the first game with the major reason being that bullet time is overpowered.
The story feels more like a shitty Max Payne fanfiction with the writer having only a lose idea on what made the first game's story so good
The real story of Max Payne ended after the first game, 2 and 3 are an shitty alt reality fanfictions.

Also visually I think 1 holds up better then 2. The simplistic models with photo-realistic textures was always one of my favorite art styles, while in 2 a lot of the characters look off and almost uncanny at times plus some of them have this really weird yellow skin tone.

Max Payne 2 had some incredible mods.

You need some pills to get better

Don't answer that.

Today i appreciate max payne 2 viewpoint of the story more, when i grow up. Smugness is not the way of a sensitive man.

bait. but kys anyway

this. stop being retarded OP

It's been too long since I played those games so I can't remember but I think it had something to do with the bullet time being made too powerful or weird or something. Like it didn't make you slower, only the enemies, and time got progressively slower the more you killed. It also regenerated over time whereas in the first game you only got more bullet time when you killed enemies. I think it was also shorter than the first game though I might be wrong. It's a good game but I still remember always enjoying the first one more.

sequel disorder

I had one major issue with Max Payne 2's story that broke the camel's back.
How the fuck has max's rampage been forgotten and his status as a cop reinstated? Why is he depressed about his wife and child when it seemed that at the end of the first game he was starting to get over it?
There's no way Woden is powerful enough to get people to forget shit that was shown and constantly reported on three days on a row on national TV. Especially thugs.

It's because you're a faggot, OP

Max Payne 2 is fucking garbage. I never really played it until about 2 years ago when I finished Max Payne. I had played both 15 years ago or so on console and watched a friend play a bunch of Max Payne on PC. Max Payne had great gameplay, though the overall game design fell off a cliff after the first chapter as they remembered they needed a finish line and were probably rushed by Rockstar just like Bungie's Oni. Max Payne 2 completely misses the game mechanics from the first game, and drops gameplay for non-game. I only ever played the first 30 minutes or more, but that's the jist of it.

So OP why do you ask stupid fucking question when you have clearly shown they aren't even remotely similar.

Nigger if you really were from day 1 you would have played the demo level over 9000 times in amazement at how realistic the subway was.

REMEDY CANNOT DO SEQUELS

Sam Jarvi can only write one story per franchise because he uses a lot of reference material to inform the characters.
Once the characters have gone through their trial, theres nothing left for them to do.

They can't do original games anymore either, apparently

And after playing quantum break, they cant even do single games anymore.Remedy usually had good gunplay but it was pure shit.

Fuck you guys, Max Payne 2 is as good as the first one, it increased the noir feel and being alone, it had a mystery in it's story, more gun and location variety, physics got better, and characters weren't walking stereotypes.
The first game is so fucking easy i finished it on a phone with touchscreen controls

Play 3. You'll beg for 2.

Yeah goddammit image boards are episodes of the pink flamingo.

I dont know either, it improves on many things but I just wasnt having as much fun while playing it as 1.

Max Payne 2 has some pretty shit levels. That one where you babysit the guy in the costume and the one where you have to become Mona and snipe people come to mind. Sure you had the dream segments in 1 that sucked, but you also had them 2. The combination of dream segments that could have been skippable at least and shit you don't want to do made 2 worse since it could have improved on 1.

Do your two gay dads know you're gay?

Of course they do, odds are in their favour.

MP1 turned out to be a success so they got more money which led to dumb decisions being made.

now i think max payne 1 was shit tbh

You mean they recruited him.

You missed one

Sam Lake is SHIIIIIT

TAKE THAT BACK YOU NIGGER

It's far easier and it has too much of a focus on ragdoll tech because at the time it was groundbreaking shit. Also it isn't quite as funny and leans a bit more into Christian symbolism than the Nordic stuff of the first game and Nordic is much more original.
I still love MP2, I just don't rate it as an all time classic like the first game.

Max Payne is trash though. That's why every faggot that loved the first two entries hates the third one because the third one was the only one that did bullettime right. What fucking retard came up with the idea that your bullets should be slowed down in bullet time too. The best way to play MP1 is just to not use bullettime at all. And the (((incredible story))) is just a generic revenge cop story. Granted MP3 has a generic story too but at least the gameplay makes up for it. Everyone who likes this trash should take off his nostalgia googles. Max Payne 3 is the best and the only good Max Payne game. Inb4 "muh unskippable cutscenes literally unplayable".

Max Payne 3's unskippable cutscenes render the game literally unplayable.

I've also beaten S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC on easiest difficulty and I don't know whether I'm a dumbass or a gaming god. most likely just a dumbass

ha, the difficulty for SoC is broke bro, as in its too fucking easy due to publisher interference. Everybody plays it on hard, but even then its basically normal difficulty.

Threadly reminder that every summer we get more and more people who, in their vain attempt to fit in, will shit on a genuinely good game.

Just because people think a game isn't the best thing ever created doesn't mean they think it's shit.

No, I'm all for having your own preference, but I'm talking about people who blatantly say a good game is shit.

Don't really have a comeback to this

Your point is invalidated because my opinion is right.

Your shitty opinion is invalidated because it's clear you're summer as fuck.

So much this. 3 may have had good basic gameplay but everything else was terrible - from story to level design.
And to the fucks saying that 2 is a fanfic - you have not played 3 or rather watched it.

I hated Max Payne last fall, I hated Max Payne this spring and I will hate Max Payne this Winter and no amout of "fucking summerfag" will change that you Giganigger.

And no matter how you spin words or fuck up the reply system you'll still be a summerfag fresh from cuckchan and so no one will give even the slightest of fucks about your "opinion". Have fun baiting though, double nigger.

This. Fall of Max Payne is a tale of a protagonist of a revenge story that got his revenge. He was driven by his lust for revenge and when it was fulfilled his left with nothing.

Woden technically cleared Maxes name, but you still can see that nobody trusts Max and everybody, especially Bravura and Winterson, treat him like a loose cannon.
Well towards MP1's ending he gets his satisfaction from killing Nicole Horne, that gets his mind from the fact that he still lost his family forever. It's in the end of Max Payne 2 he trully realizes that no matter how much people close to him he lost, he still has to go one living.

WHY DID THEY CHANGED HIS FACE ? THE MAX PAYNE ONE FACE IS FLAWLESS

Nigger that's every day.

We never don't have people doing that. That's all Holla Forums is.

"I like thing", followed by "NO FUCK YOU FAGGOT" over and over and over and over.

Add in jewboy here to the mix one in every ten times and you've got the official Holla Forums simulator, faggot.

How do you see that in the mirror and not completely hate yourself?

Jokes on you vampires can't see themselves in mirrors!

MI'LORD

i think hating yourself is a requirement for anyone on Holla Forums

Not true. I only intensely dislike myself.

I'm pretty sure Bravura specifically references something about not being entirely satisfied with Max being back on the force (he was the man hunting you in MP1 and all).
A large part of 2's story is about him finally coming to terms with all of that. 3 ignored it all being resolved in 2 (one of 3's many crimes against the series) but ignoring it did give us Tears which is a pretty good song.