Do you miss Sega before they became a shell of their former self with the Sammy buy-out, Holla Forums?

Do you miss Sega before they became a shell of their former self with the Sammy buy-out, Holla Forums?

Everyone became a shell of their former self. Sony, microsoft, nintendo too. At least not being in the console run makes sega to make great games and not pander to dudebros or sjws.

If sega consoles still existed we would see shit being made by them as well.

this is true, pretty much. Sega was at their prime when they were doing the absurd amount of production they were from the late 80s to the early 00s. Essentially tossing around money at a whim on new projects. It's impossible not to miss such a high rate of creative output. The industry is very different now and it's absolutely unfeasible to manage production like that these days. Very different economic situation and the market is a lot calmer.

I hope Sega grows naturally and can revisit old IPs like they wanted to and like many of us want them to.

SEGA is still pretty good by today's standards. Japanese Yakuza and ancient businessmen ruin Japanese companies. Except SNK which was ruined by the Italian mafia and is only now making games again.

Kill yourself.

They need to get back into the console manufacturing business because they unarguably made the best and most innovative consoles. For example I just had to explain in the John Carmack thread that it was Sega that first implemented Phong shading with their Naomi 3 successor "Hikaru" and the arcade game Brave Firefighter (it was Carmack that first implemented it for the PC).

Anyone know if I can mod my SMS with the Mark 3 FM addon somehow?

When did I say that?

I hear this meme so many times but never any proof whatsoever

Saying that korean blooded yakuza doesn't control everything in japan is like saying that jews don't control everything in europe and america.

fucking lel korean yakuza

sega also pioneered the importance of 60fps in 3D games. People seem to forget that Sega was the premium, gold standard arcade brand back then. like a Daytona USA cabinet would cost $12,000 and they wanted people to buy 8 of them. They worked with SGI who was at the time the biggest name in 3D with their credits listed in jurassic park and terminator 2.

Sega has been pretty good lately. They're finally localizing a glut of Yakuza games, Sonic looks good again, bought and kept Atlus unpozzed by Nintendo or some other shitty localizer, the amount of PC support they've committed to lately in the form of ports, and the relative lack of SJW and moneygrubbing cancer that has plagued many video game companies both East and West.

Of course they aren't without fault. They still won't bring PSO 2 to the West no matter how hard people beg them too, they dropped the ball on Bayonetta 2/Shenmue 3, and Valkyria Revolution isn't a good game from what I've so far which sucks.

You can lie to yourself all you want, but don't you dare lie to me faggot.

but it is

Yep

Sega is making nothing but shit

Fuck yeah. I worked in an arcade in the mid 90s and we had 4 connected with the multi-link. I was also partial to Sega Rally, and Sega GT. To this day my absolute favorite fighting games were Virtua Fighter 2 and 3. Fuck it here are the rest of the sweet Sega machines we had through our arcade: Harley-Davidson L.A Riders, Virtua Cop 2, and Star Wars Trilogy.

The only games I couldn't really get into were the simulation ones like F355 Challenge. Maybe Virtual-On as well.

I need to get in on this Supermodel emulator…

When Sega went 3rd party is when gaming as a whole jumped the shark.

Shampoo III is lookin good.

Every day OP. Fur fags, niggers, faggots, jews, and xenophobic jealous nips ruined it.

I don't see why, I think stronger PC support would be nicer to see out of sega. All the sega consoles were pretty good but it doesn't change the fact that all their fantastic IP's were trapped behind an expensive piece of plastic. Even when they went third party, they still pumped out greats like yakuza and valkyria chronicles.

user, they make Yakuza games all the time.

Sega makes new IP after new IP, unlike Nintendo who sit on their IP's and push the same games out year after year. Sega forces one IP and that's sonic. Really doesn't work out to well for them

Pachinko is 100% owned by the Yakuza. If a video game business also trades in the pachinko market, they are also run by the Yakuza. Simple.

Fucking this. Fucking retards like pic related (the guy who spread the Dreamcast 2 news around) thinks it will save Sega when it will bankrupt them. Market will be flooded with another console no one wants, the name alone won't save them, and Sega doesn't have the money for the massive infrastructure needed for online either. Just focus on the PC, PS4, and Switch.

Yeah, I didn't make that pic. Yakuza 3 got fucked up in the States though.

Modern consoles are just Original the Personal Computer anyway, so it's not like there's room for something different, and engineering a whole game system in-house would be a massive waste of resources, since the better money is in the software. Yeah, no licensing fees for making games for your own systems, but eh.

Sammy buyout was nothing bad and had nothing to do with their quality drop. They fell apart in the early 00s and you can't completely blame americans for it.

The Americans (and the one British faggot) that were hired to replace the successful Americans like Tom Kalinske were hired by Sega of Japan anyways. So that's Sega of Japan's fault. That Sammy buyout was needed. Sammy has the money, but I don't know if they are overreaching their control with Sega or not. Also, I wonder how Sega would be like if they merged with Bandai. It nearly happened in 1997, maybe Sega would be a lot better off.

That's actually an asset, cuck. >>>/ovens/

Console cucks aren't needed.

Nips are 95% console players. That's why you got to continue developing for those systems since they are the most popular consoles in Japan. Also, the Switch is getting world wide praise, so that's another fan base to reach into, even if it is just another Mario & Sonic Olympics game.

Oh yeah, an asset to ruining a fucking company due to envy and bitter hatred to your "rival" AKA, someone is trying to help build the company you're fucking destroying.

I completely understand if you are saying this in a non-corporate context, like refugees and shit, but this ain't none of that. This is a fucking business.

Why is Alex Kidd so cute?

Kiddie mascot before Sega went full on SANIC?

Sega is dong alright at the moment, a few jewish tricks here and there (Sega Forever is the most recent) but for the most part they're about as good as a company can be.

They keep promising that they're bringing back old IP's but never state which ones and when we can expect to see anything. I want to believe but it's probably just a cheap marketing ploy to generate a slight amount of buzz every now and then.

One of their biggest issues is that they don't really have any amazing talents on any of their teams anyway. Vid related, pretty sure Naganuma doesn't work with them anymore.