I just keep playing Factorio and don't know what's wrong with me. You can just keep doing stuff and then improve it...

I just keep playing Factorio and don't know what's wrong with me. You can just keep doing stuff and then improve it. What's wrong with me for thinking this game is the best thing since Oath in Falghana?

It's a good autism game. Kinda a lite version of modded Minecraft with something like FtB or Tekkit.

You're playing a game because you're having fun? Can't have that, better get some shitposting in your system STAT.

polite sage because shitposting about shitposting is still shitposting

>goodest of goys defending their purchase to the death on the steam (((discussions)))
Pity, the demo was neat.

pleasantly surprised

This is what non-faggot top tier devs can do if they care, it's quite refreshing really

It's worth it honestly, coming from me I can honestly say I've dumped over 700 hours into the game over the last 4 years or so, and I'm still coming back because they're consistently dumping shitloads of content into it on an annual basis. Not to mention the modding community is really active, some mods change the game dramatically, adding a gorillion different ores and systems to manage. For as much content that's there, it's worth the 20.

For $20 you get much more thought out system then the other autism simulators, but yeah I don't understand why some content creators have a massive problem with discounts. They're not the only ones. $5 off a game that has no physical significance and doesn't exist in the real world so it is not made of materials is pretty weird but I'm guessing it happens in eurocuck countries because they have such a huge amount of the populace walking around as certifiably insane that stupid things become normal.

Their explanation is that sales devalue the product.

just because the devs say the game is early acces doesn't mean it's not worth buying
just like devs saying a game is finished means it's actually finished
as far as i can see the game is pretty much done and worth buying the early acces thing is pretty meaningless

That's why i pirated it, but it's a damn good autism simulator. I'm pretty sure i will buy it the instant it goes out of the early access thing, even though it's a good game already (and it already was a good game years ago)

Which is correc, since we are talking about a non-physical product.
Physical products are valued after demand and supply. I guess you know how that works.
With non physical products however, supply is infinite. This means that the value is based on demand. The higher the demand for a product, the higher the price can rise without anyone complaining. If a physical product goes on sale, that means that either demand massively drops for a certain time (see prices of winter boots in summer), or the supplier has a surplus (see price of foodstuffs during harvesting season).
With a non physical product there is no reason reason for the sale. It's not like the supplier has a surplus of it, they already have infinite of the product. The only reason why a sale should, after supply and demand, occur, is that the supplier was actually fine with selling the product at a lesser price to begin with. This means that consumers will think, that the sale will occur again and wait for the next time the product will go down in price, since it has already been proven that the supplier will sell at that price, and there is no reason for the sale not to occur again. This means that the practical price of the product has in fact dropped after the sale.

wew

The cost of development is constant, it's fixed.
When companies sell a chair they are not selling you the cost of designing the chair, they are mostly charging you the cost of making that individual chair.
Even a retarded person can understand this user.

Fucking wew. Tell that to the pharmaceutical industry.
Digital things cost to buy because they cost to make. Distribution costs are minimal thanks to the medium but there is still a cost in power and servers maintenance etc. The dev sells the product at a price they deem will net them the cost of development, distribution, and profit once their projected minimum number of sales have been reached/exceeded and the consumer pays an amount they deem is worth what they are getting from the product.
Even a retarded person can understand this, user.

Nobody claims that R&D costs are zero, but no developer pays anything to get their game on steam.
Thus: the cost of "producing" a single game is zero.
The cost of developing the game is a fixed sum, based on development time, team size and some other factors. Actually allowing a user to download a game (using a third party downloading service such as steam) doesn't cost the developer anything.

I am really struggling to see your point. Just because the effort it takes to get a complete product from store to you is negligible doesn't mean the product should be free. Every step of the process should be considered when defining the price of a product because every step has an associated cost. If you don't cover all of your costs then you're not going to make any money and if you're not making any money then you're running a pretty shit business.
Unless you're saying the first person to buy the product should pay the entire cost of development for it and then everyone else should be able to get it for the cost of downloading it (basically free) in which case you're double retarded.

Nobody claimed that the product should be free either. And nobody said that the first person to pruchase should cover development costs.
I am saying that having a sale, means (with a non physical product), that the supplier is comfortable to sell their product at less cost, which means that there is no reason for the consumer not to wait for the next sale, effectively lowering the price of the game, since everybody can just wait for the next sale to come.
This is a phenomenon you can actually see in modern gaming today, especially with the Steam sales. There is a large portion of gamers especially on reddit or other such canerous sites who patiently wait for the sale to begin and exclusively buy games on sale.

I am getting the feeling, that you are pretending to be retarded.

Oh, and here's me thinking you were a commie. Nothing wrong with waiting for a sale. After all, it's the consumers right to buy things at the price they see fit and not buy them if they're too expensive.

I wish the endgame was about supplying a war front against some biter hivemind with arms, ammo, and artillery instead of just… building a rocket and then building more rockets.

This would solve everything but the closest I've gotten is with the robot army mod.

OP I think the idea of there being no discount is silly since this is not a good that has supply and demand which you can exchange for other goods. It being devalued can't happen since it doesn't exist, it can be sold at whatever they care to for whatever the care to as long as development costs have been covered. I'd personally got the EYE route and sell it for $1 after 90 days of initial release.

I'm currently trying to move to total solar power and accumulators to free myself from coal. Too bad there's no geothermal or wind power to help my panels and accumulators out with the factories and furnaces that make science modules.

You'll get over it

I think there's a mod that does geothermal though.

There's also tons of people who bitch up a shitstorm if they buy the game and then it goes on sale later.

What if a sale would increase the amount sold? That's a reason for a sale.

Sure, but now almost everyone will wait for your next sale instead of buying it at the previous normal price. It's not like clothes or food where people need to buy them soon, with video games people can be quite patient waiting for a sale because they have lots of other games to play in the meantime.

Learn programming and start trying to make your own game. While less user friendly, the experience of coding can be like the experience of optimizing/refactoring your Factorio factory. Put your autism to good use.

This is what I tell myself every time I think about playing Factorio, but I am actually working on my game.

Keep it up, user.

yeah but if it's a big hyped game there are a lot of retards who will even pre buy it because they dont want to miss out on the hype

post spaghetti factory, faggot

where do I start?

turn on your computer.

bother aggy daggy

The Art Of Computer Programming, Donald Knuth. By the time you finish it you'll be a more competent programmer than entirety of agdg combined.

So it doesn't teach programming at all?

Not really. Its mostly just a bunch of calculus and algorithms. I still doubt that any fag from here would be able to pick it up and comprehend all of it.

whats easier, C# or C++?

wait no let me rephrase that.
which one should i tackle first
C# or C++++++++++++++++

C+=

C
Then python

C# is more beginner friendly, since it handles memory management and garbage collection, and you just focus on writing code that works.

C++ is more flexible (and arguably faster and more powerful) but you need to keep track of more things.

so i start with Ç}

The only similarity between C++ and C# is some of the syntax is the same. Other than that they are completely different languages.
Anyway I'd say to start with C#. You don't have to deal with memory management and you can focus on learning programming structures and things like that.
After you get a handle on that, then go to C++. Its a bit more annoying to write for but runs faster and half the programs out there use it so if you ever want to add to some project its nice to know.
And I'm just gonna say don't bother learning C. If you wanted to do something that required C, you would know it by now.

Anyway pick up something like Wrox Beginning C# and code things like checkers or tic tac toe and stuff like that to hone your skills. And remember to stay away from meme languages.

user, C++ is the Industry standard, as there are a lot of graphical libraries for it that will save you time.
Unity = C#
Unreal = C++
Learn C first, then pick one. I have to say Unreal is fairly daunting as I try to make a simple character to move around, where that is easier in Unity, but Unity's monetization policy is shit, and some things are more weird, even though I am more used to Unity and how it works.
t. Competent programmer that knows C (&derivatives), Python, and Java. C can be used for simple games but you have to code everything yourself, including engine. This user is pretty accurate. C# feels pretty java-y while C++ is very much like C with bonus ducks.
Try TutorialsPoint, they're a good place to get your feet wet for free.

Seconding C as your first language.

You probably won't end up using it for anything meaningful, but it's a very good language to put you in the right mindset and understanding of programming.

It's also fairly simple, so it won't take too long to learn it, and you'll probably learn it similarly no matter where you learn it from, instead of getting some cancerous "le C++ pro" shittery.

Seconding x86 assembly as your first language.

You probably won't end up using it for anything meaningful, but it's a very good language to put you in the right mindset and understanding of programming.

It's also fairly simple, so it won't take too long to learn it, and you'll probably learn it similarly no matter where you learn it from, instead of getting some cancerous "le C pro" shittery.

You're suffering from a terminal case of "the shit taste"
I'm afraid we'll have to put you down

Seconding cock gargling noises as your first language.

You probably won't end up using it for anything meaningful, but it's a very good language to put you in the right mindset and understanding of shitposting.

It's also fairly simple, so it won't take too long to learn it, and you'll probably learn it similarly no matter where you learn it from, instead of getting some cancerous "le x86 pro" shittery.

Seconding Binary as your first language.
It's also fairly simple, so it won't take too long to learn it, and you'll probably learn it similarly no matter where you learn it from, instead of getting some cancerous "le x86 Assembly pro" shittery.

Seconding Giving a 5 Year Old Step by Step Instructions as your first language.
It's also fairly simple, so it won't take too long to learn it, and you'll probably learn it similarly no matter where you learn it from, instead of getting some cancerous "le Binary" shittery.