I want to propose a theory about the squaresoft final fantasy's. From 7 to 10

I want to propose a theory about the squaresoft final fantasy's. From 7 to 10.

Here is my theorie, it is based on the myth that Squall dies at the end of DIsc1 (FF8). My theorie is, that in all Final Fantasy's (at least from the psx era) the main protagonist dies early in the game and all the gamer witness is just the final fantasy.

short break down:

i guess we all now the story
>NOTICE you live in a world of war

bonus

actually, as more i look into the original squaresoft final fantasy games as more it becomes clear, it is the story told of the finale fantasy after you die.

you're one stupid motherfucker aren't you?

shitpost thread

its ok, you are free to disagree.

it ain't about disagreeing or not, its about you being a retard

FF7

The "main character is dead" and "it was all a dream" has always been babby's first fan theory.

It's not even a theory because ninety percent of the time it's just an excuse to completely ignore something's story. Let me know when these faggots find the obvious but occulted thread between CT, FF7, Parasite Eve and Xenogears.

The real truth is that they're just badly written games.

7's story is actually really good, the problem is that nobody actually understands it. They think it is a revenge story about Sephiroth.

go on.

FF7, Parasite Eve and Xenogears were all developed from the same pitch that was originally CT2, where there was going to be a more feminine Lavos equivalent that was guiding history more directly, in the finished products those being Jenova, Eve and DEUS/Miang, respectively. Said ideas were also developed into CC, with Schala/Harle/Lavos and FATE.

I have a theory that we live in a zero energy universe

Modern cosmology is totally wrong once you get outside the twenty trillion year time scale (AKA start talking about anything meaningful), ignore it for now.

I really fucking want a game that plays like Parasite Eve or Vagrant Story.

VP2 actually plays a bit like Vagrant Story. VP2 is tick based rather than real time, though, but both have limb breaking and complicated skill systems. However, outside of battle it is a side scrolling platformer, as well as the fact that it is party based, rather than single character.

eh, 7, tactics, and 10 had good stories, the problem is the translations totally erase the subtleties in the original. it's been years since I read about the missed meaning in the games tl;dr just google it yourself if you want.

xenogears did have terrible writting though.

If its the first time a game is mentioned in-thread it might help not to use acronyms.

you fuck

It's really obvious when you compare what Eve can do to what Miang can do. Both can
Jenova is the one who doesn't fit the pattern because it's an infection into man rather than the source of man, but it's behavior is more or less the same. Jenova infection gives massive power, allows it to control you, and the goal is to gather everyone's bio-spiritual energy, like Miang/DEUS to perform the (((Tikkun Olam))), become God and conquer the stars. On that last two points, Deus and Jenova are in absolute concordance which is why it is possible that Jenova [whose name is better translated as JEHOVAH, like Lavos, is a fragment of DEUS that got blasted off into space at the end of XG when THE PATH OF SEPHIROT opened.

Valkyrie Profile 2. You should play the first one before if you have not though, it's one of the top three RPGs on the PSX.

Nigga you gotta work for that shit. By the time you find out that the Bible is true (and on endless repeat) you're balls deep. In order to find out the your robot used to be married to your brother back when you were Jews and he was Jesus you have to play 100+ hours of Shion's dumb ass fucking problems over three (or four if you played Freaks) games.

10 had terrible writing that had nothing to do with the translation. It's basically one whole game devoted to daddy issues and Tidus is a shit protagonist. Just like Vaan in XII he shits up the plot by merely existing.

10's not that bad. I will give it points for being an "anti-Christian" game that actually engages with the subject matter, rather than simply having you kill God randomly at the end, with the obvious analogy between the death and resurrection of Christ and the death of Summoners, but more specifically that of their Guardian and then subsequent revival as Sin (which in Japanese can be read as Sin and Shin, so profanity and deity). I wouldn't consider the Xeno-series anti-Christian given that it shows Alexandrian/Marian Gnosticism is literally correct and that Jesus is a fucking awesome Samurai.
Valkyrie Profile does the inverse, like the late Eddas, it starts off with Odin in an all powerful position but due to his moral shortcomings, causes Ragnarok and leads to a Christianized Garden of Eden scenario (VP2 is even about two trees, one a tree of life and another a tree of knowledge built by a man who seeks to become god). Lenneth's journey is that from Norse values (warrior ethics), to Christian (urban/social ethics) values.
Meanwhile, the sequel shows the opposite. The protagonist, Alicia, drops bible quotes "to neither harm nor be harmed" and is a wet blanket who is totally useless, driven by Silmeria, the valkyrie who "rides" her body. Only after losing her family and her kingdom does she harden up and drop the Christfaggery, however then she goes after Lezard Valeth, who did literally nothing wrong.

Those autism levels beyond imaginable.
To think somebody wrote all of that about completely unrelated games just because they have cameos in them.

It is just me or are we getting tons of awful threads written by an OP who clearly doesn't understand English? Between that and the rampant e-celeb bullshit I almost think we are being raided.

I hate to burst your bubble user, but Parasite Eve is based entirely off of the science fiction horror novel 'Parasite Eve' by Hideaki Sena and was developed and pitched to Squaresoft as a a direct sequel to his book. It had no relation to Chrono Trigger 2s development. Neither did Xenogears nor FFVII. There was no work done on anything Chrono related because Akira Toriyama who had a heavy hand in Trigger's plot development, went back to help Enix with more Dragon Quest games. Cross was the first time any work was done on something Chrono related after Toriyama gave Masato Kato his blessing to pitch Squaresoft heads a new Chrono game.

Oh and Xenogears was originally pitched as what FFVII was going to be, but then Square decided to make it it's own game which allowed Takahashi and his wife to make their first attempt at fulfilling their dream of creating their epic galactic dark space drama that would span thousands of years.

Okay, serious question, did you actually play Valkyrie Profile 1 and 2?

Valkyrie Profile 2 is a quasi prequel to 1 that takes place in an alternate universe.

Lenneth destroys all the Norse gods and becomes a single God because she wants to end the Valkyrie cycle and doesn't someone like Lucian to suffer again in the future.

The Lezard in VP2 is the same Lezard in VP1 who entered that universe simply to try and capture another Valkyrie because Lenneth kicked his ass. Then at the end of VP omnipotent God Lenneth comes to the parallel universe to help Hirst and Silmeria finally put an end to Lezard from fucking up anymore timelines.

The whole base polytheism to monotheism is there, but you're giving it to much credit as having an intended purposeful thematic meaning. That base them is there strictly to push the intended plot of Lenneth's story forward.