What the fuck is wrong with Japan?

We literally have to beg them for games like:
-Tenchu series
-Shinobido series
-Shinobi series
-Ninja Gaiden series
-Nioh(ps4 only)
-Way of the Samurai series
-Yakuza series (mostly on ps3 and ps4, which are unemulateable)
-Shenmue series
-Chulip

Otherwise we get generic european elf animu fantasy sim 19573468#

Westaboos

They are our reflection, and our shadow.

Because Historicity in Japan is linked to Nationalism. Same reason why Germans don't typically make historical games.or any games, really.

I never much liked feudal Japan as a setting. Too much "muh honour". Everyone has a stick up their ass.

Two nukes.

I wonder what German games would be like in another reality where they didn't lose two world wars and got ground into dust.

GSG but not gay.

Well yeah, but they have idols and wacky shit now.

So RTS but with more autism? I wonder what would Blitzkrieg would be like in that timeline.

They were slightly less retarded chinese monkeys for the longest time until Netherlands' dick came and unfucked their ass backwards ways. Ever since their birth Japan has been a shithole with people being worked to death and big paramilitary groups giving out orders while monarchs/figureheads pretended to run the country. Japanese history is ripe of defeat, misery and difficulties. The only two times they were ever important in the world (defeating Imperial Russia, who underestimated them, yet they gained nothing out of it, and conquering East China and Korea and justly murdering tons of chinks and gooks) are too far between each other, would give them horrible PR with other countries if celebrated and overall they don't really contribute to any significant game or biopic. I'm not even going to count Pearl Harbor since it was either kayfabe or an obvious bait by the (((Americans))) to join the war on the Allies' side.

They had Onnabugeisha back then.

They had a creature that was a normal samurai but he also had an eyeball in his bunghole, and once they even made a nigger a samurai back then.

Kinda the same.

Not enough nukes?

Well two made anime and jrpg's, so I'm not sure I want to take the risk of exposing them to more. Fuck knows what Fukushima is going to end up making.

Gundam Of course

Or Getter Robo..I mean, who knows if the Fukushima meltdown was actually done by the Dinosaur Empire.

Because Japanese history buffs living in Japan really don't need video games at all to get their fix. They have plenty of other options for historical re-enactment, traditional cultural & martial art practice, and period accurate live-action dramas. Japs still maintain strong real-life connections to their history, so it's still easy for them to play samurai & ninja in real life. In contrast, if an American tries to play cowboys & indians these days, he'd get busted for "hate speech" or something like that.

Japan has some bullshit laws that forbid them from putting actual people in some works of fiction unless they're "legendary", like Oda Nobunaga and such.

Modern Darklands.
It would be glorious.

What about where the person lets them

He lied about his age?

Can you explain why Koei is so successful?

The Japanese age weirdly

Here's to hoping that in this weird future we see half Aussie half Kangaroo Hybrids and Americans with Gun hands

Nice implication you got there kiddo.

Japs love cute aryan boys more than they love themselves.

Were not enough.

Japs can only comprehend unfamiliar things when they get filtered through the Anime lens.

No competition duh.

Look up restricted area. It's a cyberpunk Diablo clone, where all graphics are stored in uncompressed bmp images.

That's good, unless you think that understanding comes from dialogue and not the other way around.

If I recall correctly, the team that worked on Tenchu (before it went to shit) was the team that made Demon Souls before the normalfags, twitch bastards, kikes, and all sorts of undesirables swarmed in. Scent of shekel was too sweet to resist, so they were shafted, replaced with a bunch of lesser competents for less money, their ideas were stolen, and brilliant old school level design principles gone with them and made into Dark Souls.

what?

Who's "we"?

Where did this "Japanese so honorabre" even come from? Is it just weebs watching anime and shit and thinking it's real life?

ITT: lack of perspective.

How many American games are about American history? I mean really, cowboy games? civil war games? Not mods, not missions, not DLC, but games.

Why? Nobody is really interested in shit that is too close. Like a bitch you banged 100 times, it just starts to get old.

What would that even be about?

No, user, it's because of seppuku

spotted the turbovirgin

Is he wrong anywhere?

obviously

0You seem to have mistyped the verification, or your CAPTCHA expired. Please fill it out again.

Nice trips.
It's all from Bushido and Imperial Japan's times. Back when Fascism was making its way across the world, every nation was trying to highlight their cultural heritage and use it to propel the younger generations to new heights, kind of what you're seeing North Korea doing nowadays. Problem is, while most European countries and some Asian ones had a really strong history of conquest and success, all Japan had were centuries of infighting, closed relationships with the outside world (excluding some economical exchange with the Dutch, the Brits and the Portuguese) and lithographies of men farting in each other's faces.
So the ruling class, who wanted to establish themselves as a world power after the easy picking they did against Prussian-occupied islets during WWI and because they really didn't want to revert to being ruled by today's equivalent of /k/ommandos with swords, decided to establish a reverse cult of personality that CREATED and cemented the idea that the Japanese were a civilized, proud, honorable yet cold and methodical people, hellbent on making their country the best in the world and even dying if it meant the survival of their own. And the craziest part is that this form of Fascism ended up the most effective, way more than that of other countries, as to this day not only do most Japanese live perfectly fine with having holocausted a good chunk of Manchuria (and they did a stellar job at it, I wish they occupied it longer), but many still believe that their country is their life and thus have devolved into xenophobia and extremely niche cultural growth that just does whatever they feel is in line with their values.
However, that does not change that at their core, they're people that have been civilized only for about two hundred-ish years, most of them suffer from chronic depression and this whole "honor" business is just about the same as any other western country. Given that they're surrounded by literal asian monkeys, it's no wonder they really stand out as honorable when really they're just normal by our standards.

Also never forget that they're still huge degenerates, not in the Holla Forums sense of the word but more in line with having a society that is decaying faster than any of other Western countries, that the Korean raping is just baseless propaganda by Worst Korea (even Norks admit that they hate Japan just for occupying them militarily, none of the whole ficki ficki biz) and that the reason why the best anime, manga and vidya come from there of all places is that their society is so mind crushingly draining that they'd rather revolutionize the world of arts than fight their system stuck in a dystopian 90's with no hope for success outside of kissing ass and getting lucky.

tl;dr honor was established by Fascism

Not really, juche is pretty unique, because it's both a religion and a political system, where every nork is the owner of the world, and world was given to him by eternal glorious leader Kim Il-Sung
EU wants to be like North Korea, in terms of totalitarian control, masqueraded as "human rights", but they don't have a single person to give the godlike status nor any actual beliefs to build it aside from pic related
There is an attempt to make European Tribunal to be the new YHVH, so that there's no appeal from its judgement nor is it possible to ever change the established law, like with The Decalogue

I was talking about the act of making their citizens feel superior but yeah it's pretty much a whole new concept. Wouldn't be surprised if the Norks sweep up chunks of oppressed Chinamen when their country eventually collapses, but they should first learn to grow some fucking crops. Though there's a rumor about Norks sitting on a shitload of precious materials they haven't really mined yet due to inefficient means and not wanting to become yet another country invaded by world powers.

The EU is failing miserably at everything they're doing but bringing new niggers in town. It's pretty clear they want to be something akin to Napoleonic Europe (replacing France with (((Germany and Belgium)))), but all their propaganda is just an embellishment of their "accomplishments". The average normalfag doesn't give a fuck about either the EU or the survival of his own people, he just loves the fact he can travel abroad without a passport and that there's a single currency so that he can order IKEA Skröonkås and Italian dresses from his comfy flat in Portugal without having to do complicated math. No-go zones have always existed, so he doesn't care about it, as have corrupt politicians and immigrants. To most people the EU is a vague concept that their country is part of and only ever becomes relevant when they take rights they care about out of them. It helps that while the EU prides itself on being united, even the kikes controlling individual countries want the EU to be all about their specific problems. You can see this in the squabbles between France, Germany and the rest of the union. Now that Britain is "gone", the two powers can't find another strong candidate to replace Britain's strengths (Italy is the third biggest contributor but they leak gibs like their lives depended on it, the whole of Eastern Europe hates their guts but they're also in for the gibs, Spain and Portugal are in a terrible shape, Greece and Sweden are on the verge of a civil war etc.) so the EU will survive for as long as either of them doesn't collapse societally, economically or militarily.

I would like to add another thing.

Japan is serious monocultural but they are not as nationalistic as say China or Korea. So, they don't see any need to stay within their cultural borders for entainment. Chinese games and entertainent in that nationalistic monoculture is 90% Kungfu, Three Kingdoms and a reimagination of history where in TV and Games, they actually could somehow not get fucked by Japan.

It's because european setting has more variety in weapons, designs and even monster designs.

You can also combine the far east as super skilled foreigners in the european setting.

Wait a minute, that juice…

What's the final 10%? Bootlegs?

Is this thread trying to imply its better being a weaboo than a westaboo? Or that they're natural enemies?

If a weeaboo and westaboo argue, the weeaboo will lose because he surrenders to superior Japanese westaboo arguments, fallacies, and smug Minnie Mouse and Supergirl reaction images.

It's the duality of man. Tired of your own culture being raped by soulless corporations (I don't want to say kikes or pigs since it'd imply a clear political point of view when in reality it's a mix of the two and general indifference of the customers), you seek for more exotic ones, where you will surely fit in like the special snowflake that you are.

Also it's nothing new. People in the 1800's were fascinated with antique objects the way we view the 80's-90's as the pinnacle of entertainment. Japs adored the Dutch textbooks that they got as if they were today's mangas to an amerifat. There will always be people who look at other countries' cultures or other eras with way higher fascination than they should use and there'll always be contrarian bastards who call them out for doing that. Everyone's right.

Where'd you get that from? I dont think any tenchu devs worked on it but demons souls was inspired by it

They were WAAAAAAAY more fucked up before the nukes.

They did shit that'd make Mengele blush, they did that Seppuku shit where they forced people to commit suicide for failure, their social hierarchy had loads of abuse involved to the point that honor was just a word repeated to cover, the nukes were the best thing to happen to them.

It beat the serious shit out of them and they became less repressed, but kept that stubbornness where it counted, reformed their economy, and removed a huge amount of abuses from their economic and political systems.

The "degeneracy" or craziness of modern japanese society is simply a product of the modern age, every country is just as fucked up in that sense as Japan internally, but to the outside viewer, it's all about what you SHOW, since when you get down to it, there's people in every country that would indulge in the sort of shit Japan's niche people do if they had the chance.

In fact, some countries, some first world countries in particular (like Germany and France) are perhaps waaaaaay more fucked up in that sense at the moment.

Europa could use that for its politicians.
How thick is the line between incompetence and treason?

One of the problems with that is that people tend to think in absolutes and that evil and selfishness EXISTS.

You have to factor that in when you create a system. A system of forced suicide is EASILY abusable given who is in power. So no, bad idea.

They could kill a man for wrong opinions and in fact, they did so in old japanese society, with the excuse of honor.

They are.>>12954744

The strangest thing is that I took a few online history classes and strangely, behind china; the most non-fucked culturally and least east asian of the cultures were the mongols. They reminded me greatly of arab/semitic peoples. which would make since considering they had much interaction with said peoples.

I wish we could have a modern superpower mongolia. Imagine the amount of throat singing albums we could have

I could be wrong
But isn't Japanese history full of retarded shit and being duped by leftist nationalists?

The difference is that Japan knows how to keep its private and public life separate. It's fiction and pleasurable escapism, people are assumed to be socially responsible individuals that understand reality and personal boundaries and who don't go on guro-sex rampages and child molesting sprees just because a comic book told them to.

Westerners on the other hand insist that your sex life should be a part of your public identity that represents who you are, and that you should publicly advocate on behalf of your fetish as a member of the X-community. It's also assumed that it's reasonable that someone can't tell the difference between reality and fap material.

Its not child molesting if you have a low age of consent, dont penetrate and pay for it.

You might as well just hop on over to the Holocaust section and post a screencap of it here to prove a point. Seriously, there are just so many likely bullshit stories written by the winning side to dehumanize the Axis that it's best to take them all with a grain of salt at this point.

Sex is Taboo, that sort of idealism was bred out of marxist destabilization by otherising an otherwise culturally homogenous or near homogenous culture by exaccerbating the smaller groups inside it as a greater whole, or the insistence that somehow one is part of a greater collective that must oppose the current upholdin of society, fucking fold the shirt and put it on the shelf you don't deserve special treatment.
Especially because of the globalization of information and the fact you can't really lie about any sort of "oppression" anymore with people becoming increasingly literate.

True for PS4, might not be true for PS3 much longer, hell there's even games you can play right now that run well and don't look broken as fuck.

>>>/islam/

Like wut?

And you nigger needs to know the basic jap history.

What the fuck Germany?

Why are you surprised about an autistic country having autistic fetishes?

Whoever defends this must hang.

There's probably as many cowboy games as there are feudal japan ones. That is to say, not enough of either.

Save me.

Germany
And some bullshit with Koreas like 400 years ago right?

Japans history consists of getting its navy rocked by Admiral Yi and getting bombed to shit by the USA. I'd hate my history, too.

why does this matter?

are you starting a console war?

What the fuck??? I would literally die for a civil war game or another old western. I fucking hate this country too, because I can't get enough of those games. It's never too old, you should gtfo of this country if you think its too old.

This guy got a point.

Despite durr popularity, western is still a niche genre, even compared to the amount of games featuring samurai and ninja.

Jap mythos, genpei war, sengoku period, bakumatsu, boshin war, satsuma rebellion are all basic shit you should at least have some ideas about.

PC is the console of choice, go back to neogay, or cuckchan if you disagree

Are you trying to tell me there's actual american history outside invasion of normandy?

What planet do you live on? If it's one thing we are goddamned proud of, its our history. The only reason more of those games aren't being made is historical revisionists and leftist faggots who own the gaming industry, and refuse to make them, because it hurts their feefees.

RDR2 is one game, son.

And it's the exception since RDR is the only cowboy game that sells a buckload.

What? They are no more historical than Dragon Age

I want 20 of those games and would never get sick of them either. Although one thing I do get sick of is the revolutionary war shit. Enough tricorner hats and muskets, shit is really annoying to look at.

Historical Sattire is still "historical" user. You can't deny that Vice City or San Andrwas wasn't a reflection of the times.

There ain't much revolutionary war games either.

Too bad OP starts with a false observation.

There are literally less games about cowboy/western than games about jap history.

That can't be true.
shit Nōhime isn't popular or legendary at all. most people don't even know she exists but she's a playable character in SW

Not to mention games with revolutionary attire and weapondry in them, like Fartout 4, and Bioshock Infinite.

That's just aesthetics, nothing to do with history.

I can't name all the games with katana in them.

They also were much more superstitious than they are now.

Way of the Samurai, dumbass.

literally way of the samurai
thats just way of the samurai written on my screen right now

It's also got the general style of your typical anime game. I want something more serious, user. Come on. Give me some Lone Wolf and Cub-esc game.

Way of Samurai is open world, in fact, it's more open world than a lot of "open world" games.

Play Way of the Samurai, dumbass.

way of the samurai 4. dumbass.

Look, user. I know what I'm looking for. And pics related is not it.

Are you pretending to be retarded?

Look, fag, I just want a serious samurai game. Not a game with anime girls running around in cat ears that happens to be set in Edo Japan.

Lone wolf and cub isn't that serious either. Remember when they got attacked by those guys using ladders

Play it, dumbass.

You clearly don't know what "open world" is.

Then don't play so, play as a serious samurai.

That's the freedom of Way of the Samurai.

But you don't have to do any of that shit. You can play the game as seriously as you want.

Lone Wolf and Cub doesn't have girls with cat ears, faggot.
It's got some unbelievable shit like your typical martial arts movie does, that doesn't make it not serious. It's definitely not as ridiculous as Way of the Samurai.

There's still NPC that look just as ridiculous. It's not a serious samurai game.

Wholesome.

you're killing me here smalls, jesus

Okay, user, you win.

Go dream up your serious samurai game while Way of Samurai styles on your crap.

The interesting thing about the Mongols is that they'd mostly stay to Mongolia, no matter how many territories they conquered. They'd let the nations under their rule pretty much do their own thing as long as they paid them tribute. That was also the reason their empire crumbled in such a relatively short amount of time. They never should have let the Hungarians discover that walls made out of stone were more effective than walls made out of dirt and clay. That was their downfall.

Way of the Samurai is great, but the world is too small, and you don't get that feeling of roaming a countryside or a huge open rice field. Anyone ever play MiniNinjas? That's pretty much the ideal open world for a Japanese game.

Yeah, I think you are having a little biased view there.

Uh, that's a weeaboo, not an otaku.

I'm sad that even Holla Forums forgets definition now.

Well fuck you I don't know what that Bankai Panini paizuri shit is.

Wow you are actually retarded, and may actually have AIDS. There is a difference between an otaku and fucking moeshit-loving tranny weirdo.

Anyone who respects Japanese culture knows that anime after 1999 is aids.

stop being a cuck

I wish Ninja Gaiden games were on pc. Gore was so satisfying in 2.

I hope to god Xenia or Rpcs3 makes this a possibility in the near future…

Get your memes straight, user.
wtf is this cuckchan bullshit?

Never ever

>>>/cuckchan/

Why are Japanese men so fucking sexy?

I'm not, I just wish I was born looking like this guy. He must get all the bitches.

Speak for yourself, I would love a game set during the Russo-Japanese war. The naval battles alone could make a great game.

Somebody needs to stop browsing image boards and actually go to japan!

Anime after 1999 is absolute dogshit, moe garbage

Nigger, you seen 99% of anime now? They rip off so much western shit because they think it's cool. Even back to evangelion they were doing it. Anime is westaboo.

Anime is literally the foothold of westaboo culture and I want it all to burn. Not a single good anime has come out since 1999, and no remakes/continuations do not count.

tell me about your enligtened taste then my fellow nihonjin.

I'm not your fellow, pal.

You obviously didn't play this masterpiece.

すみません ゆるしてください
But my point still stands, tell me about these oh so underground anime that all the true japs watch.

I get your point but blanket statements like that are fucking retarded, the turn of the millennium was not this magical time that nullified everything good.

Wouldn't Victoria II count for that matter? Also it sounds like a scenario that could be implemented in Total War Empire if it wasn't such a piece of shit game. Seriously, battles last for hours on end and units just don't do what you want them to. At least Napoleon was fun.

No.

Thanks for the laugh user, I needed it.

Well, Ni-Oh is close and the WotS series are pretty good. Too bad Ni-Oh is only on the Bloodborne box.

You could easily just recreate it yourself in Victoria, but I agree, a Total War game would suit it pretty well.

Gee, I guess they don't exist then and I'm right.

I won't show you where air is
Maybe you should asphyxiate.

allahu ackbar my friend

provide evidence for your claims or shut the fuck up retard. You say there are animes that are watched by all the japs and aren't westaboo, so show me proof of this, or are you just a baiting retard?

I like that guy. Unsurprisingly, (((Twitter))) banned him for thought crime.

But I have no idea whether he's Japanese or some other Asian.

Otaku
Otaku are not all japs you pringle

You know what I meant, now stop dancing around the point.

Just fuck already

Actually chucklenuts, I do in fact know what you mean, you aren't capable of making the distinction between your idealized perspective on eastern media and the reality of eastern media.
You've clouded yourself from the obvious.
Japan has independent cartoonists and animators like every country in the world

top fucking wew. And you still have yet to show me any proof.

Look in a fucking mirror.

That's in 5 minutes. Texasfag here I mean I know my state's better than yours but I bet you can think of something too.

Have you played either of these two?

Shit QTE-fest

Its actually kind of fun, but very repetitive.

I played through Wolverine and tried to play Ninja Blade. Ninja Blade I got bored of incredibly fast and I tried giving it a shot. It has way too many qte's for my liking and I didn't like how it looked or played.

Wolverine was great though. Funnily enough the most fun I had with it, gore wise, was self damage.

WotS 3 or 4 for PC?

3, 4 is shit, but I bought both anyways

It came up when people were wondering why character names were censored in Nier Automata.

The manga Golden Kamui takes place immediately after the war, and is equal parts history and fucking hilarious. Also it is full of reaction images.

Yeah I know, It's been in my backlog for more than a year now. Also, if you haven't watched it already, Saka no Ue no Kumo is a miniseries produced by NHK which covers most of the Meiji era, including the first Sino-Japanese and the Russo-Japanese wars.

Sino-Japanese war is the best war, yet it doesn't get any games. Why?

Gotta admit, though, that's some mighty fine pickin and a strummin.

I assume that's it's due to it being overshadowed by the second one and the general lack of knowledge in the west of far eastern affairs.

Japan is still an isolationist country whit a "corporative-feudalism" system, they make games mostly if not only for their domestic market and their goverment also doesnt want the common population to be conected whit the outside world (partly thanks to their poor english wish no matter how many hours their educative system focus on english, their population still sucks at it and their programs are inneficient).

the guy on the video is kinda of a commie but still makes you an idea

There are different sorts of otaku, and some otaku do love moe shows.

Weeaboo by definition is a japanophile, meaning he adores fucking Japan.

Says who, user?

and a bix nood to you, good fellow

Gothic 1 and 2 are pretty good.

Almost every piece of media set during that era.

Michigan.

Americans are truly the modern eternal anglo

'Yep, it's smoke'

It's based in a small town, over the course of a week or so. If this game is open world, so is Dragon Age 2.