Name a concept that has ruined video games more than online multiplayer

Name a concept that has ruined video games more than online multiplayer.

PROTIP: you can't.

consoles.

Appealing to the masses

This.

There is a reason why hearing "Wider Audience" during PR speak instantly turns me off of a game.

This thread again?

Piracy, it drove away single player games to the console market and left PC with nothing but elaborated skinner boxes because that is the only type of game that generates revenue among PC users. The only good singleplayer games we get are now console ports.

Consoles saved single player games, otherwise they'd be dead in PC, i mean big singleplayer games not indie shit.

Streamlining.

Microtransactions
DLC
Mobile Gaming

Protip: Fuck off back to 4cucks

Oh look, it's this thread again.

Micro-Transactions.

Only losers with no friends play singleplayer games! Why haven't you upgraded to Twitch Premium and gotten your Overwatch Box yet? What are you waiting for? The world needs to see your PLAY OF THE GAME.
I feel digusted even making this joke.

Why don't you take it a step further and say that 2 player games ruined video games you turbo autist?

Semitism

If I'd have to choose between gaming dying or terrible console games at 30fps or less I'd rather see it die.
You're a faggot.

Mircotransactions, pre-order ingame bonuses, Day-1 DLC, Season Passes, cinematic third person shooters, intrusive DRM, Day-1 major patches… I could go on but you get the idea.
I honestly have no idea why anyone could say online multiplayer ruined anything. Other than companies trying to tack it onto games it doesn't belong in.

Semitism ruins everything, saying semitism is the reason things go to shit is like saying water is wet.

Kill yourself and the delusional faggot you regurgitated this from.

but I can
advertisement

Glad to see someone else who know how to distinguish between a symptom and a disease. Modern gamers are the source of every fucking problem in the industry right now because publishers would stop would stop shit practices if people wouldn't give them money hand over fist for the privilege of getting fucked.

What are you even doing on this board you massive cuck?

single player

steam

Now that is some top tier bait

OPEN
WORLD*

Californians

Procedurally generated worlds

! TRIGGERED !

it's always

Then why doesn't the PC industry do the same and bribe studios to make PC games? PC has the biggest reach and userbase isn't it? There must be lots of money to be made, more than in any console.

I talk about games

if that helps you sleep

where? i only said the single player games we get on PC are console ports.
If you think console games are bad, then i suppose you never emulate anything right?
You also think NieR, Dark Souls, Dragon's Dogma, etc must be really bad games.

i will admit i was retarded there

i meant publishers, i need to proof read my shit but it's 2 am here

I hear you brother. Many anons here think that the industry was ruined by very specific genres or companies, while in fact it was the "Muh wider audience" that fucked up everything.

Appealing to the masses means this:

As a result, companies can keep pushing cancer microtransactions and abhorrent content over and over and over again with no one but guys like us to complain. The masses will defend their Triple A companies from day 1 and will ignore any of your arguments.
The normalfags get satisfied with shit content
The corporations become multi-billionaires
And we are left with games that are cancer.

Growth
Video games simply growing as an industry is what ruined video games.

Bigger studios/publishers = bigger budgets = less risks = samey uninspired games.

One game will take a risk and do something new, and if the people like it then the industry will imitated and rehash that game until all that is left is bland trash.

Xbox. All current shit condition of consoles originate from Microsoft.

DLC (not expansion packs, rather individual, smaller content packs)

DLC

If there were any standards within parts, games or anything within the PC market, we wouldn't be wallowing in this shallow cesspool called 2017 wishing for sweet death to caress us.

(((e-sports)))

You die now

'Social Justice'

Case in point: SJW Effect: Androgynous. It managed to be visually and technically worse than the very first installment, meaning it regressed back even further. Degeneration at its finest.

Diversity in the staff team and you know that they can get away with such atrocities scott free.

Voice acting.

And this braindead retard is being serious, thats how dumb Holla Forums is nowadays

Don't worry, little boy
Have a (You). Its on me. Don't waste it!

thats one weak ass smug you vodkanigger

Achievements.

Technological advancement. It led to people caring more about worthless gimmicks than things like good encounter design. Now we're in a phase where technological advancement has slown down considerably, increased exponentially in cost, and is no longer enthralling the masses. Companies see this and are now trying to move onto games having "important messages" as a reason you should buy them so as to prepare for this era of stagnation.

Template threads.

Quick Time Events

But that's wrong, unless you're talking about paid online.
I think what ruined games the most as a feature is the ability to ship unfinished games and patch them later, sometimes with money. It drives a lazy economy and set the bar so low for new releases that there's desperate fanboys who try to defend the publisher if there's a couple of initial bugs.