10 years of updates

HAIL GABEN

Other urls found in this thread:

teamfortress.tv/16179/no-hats-mod
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A thread about this was already made.
On that note, I was seriously hoping this video would be about the negative artistic and gameplay changes that have been made to TF2 over the years, but no, Crowb was just butthurt over some fucking shaders and lighting.

Graphics and animations rolling backwards are much easier to show in 2-3 seconds in this format.

That's all his videos are ever about.

Whatever you say, hun.

Lets be fair for a second

1.) A lot of the original maps used lightmapping. I think a lot of those have since moved onto dynamic lighting for realism

2.) The first person viewmodels were probably modified to not get in your way as much
That said, the most jarring change to me is the fact you CAN'T break the Demomans bottle, because I fucking remember that shit.
TF2 is dead now so I don't see why anybody cares that much

there's already videos about that though

Those fucking comments
>"its ok because they told us about those downgrades"
>"hat shit made the game run worse so its ok for the game to look like garbage"
This isn't some "stage 1: denial" shit this is some prime, next level cuckoldry.

I remember when TF2 used to be good, play some 2fort or arena_lumberyard.bsp now no more.

Now its all about competitive play and collectables instead of good play with good players.

I liked his first video better.

That's a good point, actually.

This video would be fine if not for the fact that there are much worse changes that have been made to TF2 other than some pipes being made darker.

But the most damaging changes are the most noticable, these? Most people likely never even knew they'd occured.

I miss arena.

hownew.ru

If I baited my dick would you take it as well?

Nice proxy, my dude.

probably his hardest-hitting video, every brainless normalfag ought to watch it
never again ;_;

The demoman bottle thing is an accidental result of the Hatless update which prevents the server from updating player attachments.

It's the same reason why cabers turn invisible after you hit someone.

So why don't they just fix it?

Because it would revive sourcemod from a time server admins with no hats would force attach every prop in the game reducing them to a virtually unplayable state.
And that was back then, imagine how badly that shit would hit now.

|Oh.|

(((

|Oh.|

can mods fix it?

no
but that is because the only competitive game I've ever enjoyed was Broodwar. I have always hated Online multiplayer games

If you count games where you can win competitive sure.
You must really like walking simulators then.

t. proxyfag

To be fair they also removed being able to shoot weapons around because you can now swap weapons with the ones on the ground. It's still kind of stupid

And functionally identical save for some source air drag calculation, you can still shoot ammo packs around.

FTFY

I predict that if this newest update doesn't go over so well, TF2 is finally going to "die". The skeleton crew working on the game can only do so much, but whatever they do put out is almost guaranteed to be filler.

user I only played TF2 once back in maybe 2010 just because a friend begged me to. I don't even think there was Hats. None the less I hate the feeling of being obligated to a team and any competition, it just fills me with anxiety. Stop being such a nigger.

I forgot that Holla Forums was a hivemind and your precious general threads where sacred. Don't mind me, I'll let you get back to your filename thread.

Nice proxy, shill.

So I guess you don't like playing video games then, because that's the core of every one of them. In single player games it's you vs the computer, you are your own team, and the computer is it's own. If there is no competition, there is no game.

What is he even shilling?

How much does gabe pay you?

How much is he paying you? Shill.

Oh I guess he's popular so I have to hate him now or something

Overwatch wins again

Crowbcat has literally always been a hipster servicing faggot.

Theres already a video made about that by another youtuber.

There's a few videos by this guy about that

Actually, if you watched the whole thing, you would've seen that he was simply comparing things in the two versions of the game side by side to show the changes that have been made. There are actually a few points in the video where some things in the newest update look/perform objectively better than the ones in the 2007 version. Ok yeah, he could've made a longer video with more changes than just the small stuff, but these are still neutral side-by-side comparisons regardless. I don't get what's so hard to understand about that.

I thought people don't like him because a lot of his videos tend to make mountains out of molehills?

There's a server mod that lets you wear any cosmetic in the game via the same command servers use to change the visual appearance of items like the caber and bottle. They value worthless cosmetics more than a functional and coherent game, that's all.

Eh, his actual content is ok, I just hate people spamming his videos and sucking him off, as if he's so fucking smart for noticing a lighting change.

Couldn't you just turn off cosmetics in the console if you wanted?

Nope, it's what people have wanted for a long time but it falls on deaf ears.

Mods fixed it, apparently
teamfortress.tv/16179/no-hats-mod

never trust a youtuber that gets over a million views in a day

h3h3

never trust a youtuber. never trust someone who expects to get paid for their opinions.

Make a judgement considering the circumstances surrounding the context of a video a youtuber is presenting to you, and investigate if there is anything that could lead them to attempting to decieve you.

I know, but the developers should admit they're being retarded instead of relying on a third-party mod to appease the userbase.

It really pisses me off how fat autists on Holla Forums or any edgy internet forum overly focus on this e-celeb war bullshit and names instead of just talking about the context.

Where do you think we are

nah, it's easier to just assume they're all scum.

How bad does your toaster have to be that it can't even run source games?

especially that kike

Because avoiding the subject makes it easier for them to cope with their beloved franchise's failure.

Guess the actual size of the game and how much of it is hats.

The only true way to game. Multiplayer is for normalfags.

true

Wow.

What will make TF2 finally die?

WTF, i hate Crowbcat now!

We've reached a level of toaster that should not be possible.

Bravo steamdrones

There a lot of fair points in this, they have broken a lot of shit and just refused to ever fix it.

But then there are things like pointing out that ammo isn't collected from dropped weapons, and that's just unfair and was blatantly changed to serve gameplay purposes, same for blasts not knocking those weapons around. When you included stuff like that with real fucking problems like how they broke demoman's grenades or the spinning on needlegun you just weaken the video as a whole.

The next update that they're going to roll out.
Seriously, Their next update is probably going to remove every loadout that was still fun in the game.

You know it's funny, I know for a fact you can run TF2 on higher settings than that on a wii.

That's what ammo boxes are for dumb dumb

Why would a developer ever downgrade the graphics of his own game for any reason ever, Holla Forums? It doesn't make sense. There is not a single actual excuse for it.

You did it, reddit.

so you can add hats and cosmetics while your old audience can still play(and pay for the cosmetics)
its all in the money

But user, cosmetics in TF2 don't really require any extra processing power at all. They're cancer, but even so, the game didn't need to be downgraded.
So what's their excuse? Was the downgrade of the game completely meaningless after all? Should the developers be skinned alive?

I just think they were downgrading graphics so autists and furries could play on their mom's shitty 2009 laptops.

user, even a toaster with an adapter could run TF2. There was never a need for a downgrade. So what was the point?

Also if they wanted to make it run better, then shouldn't they naturally only make changes for the low settings? Why would you downgrade the whole game? Why shouldn't the game look the same as it did on 2007 on high settings? This makes no sense.

So I ask again. Was this downgrade completely meaningless after all? Should we skin the developers alive and make it clear that we will no longer accept even the slightest of downgrades from now on?

what if they like what they do, and being paid is just a benefit?
or they have such low views, that they obviously aren't making any money?

I wanna fuck you.