Why does this Texas Chainsaw Massacre game has the Resident Evil name on it?

Why does this Texas Chainsaw Massacre game has the Resident Evil name on it?

Because Capcom is silly

Because brand recognition, they can make more money using the Resident Evil/Biohazard title. Although the game does have some connections to Umbrella in it, and apparently Chris Redfield appears at the end, but I still find it wrong that Chris Redfield is working for Umbrella somehow. Oh yeah, spoiler, because FUCK YOU.

halfchan is the other way

Because Wesker's Mercenary Group had a BOW that crashed on a ship and some swamp people found it and were turned into mold zombies

Being genki is the opposite of autism, it's a female mating strategy.

Two things .. I didn't name the file, also that's not the file I meant to attach. I don't know how the fuck I managed to add the wrong file.

Not in a million years

Because you couldn't have a hash-slinging hacker in 1974.

It could've been better if Ethan was pulling the strings from start to finish, instead of the Alma-knockoff. Still don't understand why they thought Ethan being uninfected was a good idea, at the very least don't chop off his arm and expect him to heal it with some special herb salve.

Because you can't very well call it a dragon's dogma game.

Cool thread OP. Then again I need to take a shit, so I may as well bite.

Capcom is about 20 years behind the times, because they know they can wallow in familiarity and then be free to go off the rails when everyone is on the same page. They made the original RE games years after Dawn of the Dead and Romero's movies in general had made their mark and become a pop-culture meme, allowing them to play around with the setting and drop in shit like giant sharks and spider monsters once you were used to the living dead bullshit.

It was a question of escalation and expectations changing the further into the cliche you got, and RE7 tries to do the same thing, pitting you against cannibal rednecks before slowly coming up with a "logical" explanation for Ring-inspired ghost girls and tar monster zombies. Also if Capcom kept up with current trends they'd be ripping off Insidious and Sinister. Fuck that, even the turn of the century hicksploitation remakes like Texas Chainsaw and Hills Have Eyes are WAY more appealing a starting point than The Conjuring or whatever.

**I don't hate the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake as a movie, but they turned Leatherface into Jason which sucked. Then the same asshole makes Friday the 13th and turns Jason into Leatherface. I swear that asshole did it on purposeā€¦*

I actually liked RE7 for the cheesy tone and mean spirited sense of humor. Feels a bit like Stuart Gordon was asked to remake Eaten Alive and just went for broke. Too bad the gameplay is so fucking limited, even the original PS1 games had a lot more enemy variety, and the entire thing tries to awkwardly shift genres once you get on the boat. I can forgive them for wanting to make F.E.4.R and surprise everyone who played The Umbrella Chainsaw Massacre into being forced to nut up in the third act, but nothing about the mechanics or enemies are designed around being a shooter. It feels sluggish and chunky, even more so than Evil Within, which seems like it was TRYING to feel like shit to play for "muh classic survival horror feel".

< not knowing the shitty eSports shooter explained that Umbrella Corps is a separate entity from the Umbrella Corporation
< assuming anybody who was remotely interested in this game still hasn't beaten it

Boy, you sure showed us.

Look up some fucking Japanese mythology before you say another fucking word, you god damn ignoramus.

Imagine if there was an RE centered around this horror film? This would make a neat sandbox game.

That seems more like a Silent Hill type thing.

You wot, mate?

Excuse me, I meant Lucas. Everybody says Ethan so much in RE7, it's hard to remember other names. I tried to use a pun to distinguish whom I was talking about.

Lucas IS infected, supposedly his infection multiplied his intellect. Fat load of good it does when you were an idiot before the infection.

Heh. I pirated this shit with my 3rd world interweb speeds, just to uninstall it after 2 hours of trying it.

american redneck slashers are so new and original

Because the immershun elitists got raised on the gamecube resident evils, and think the series is about spooky jumpscares instead of blasting zombies in the face.

you seem like a pretty big faggot dude

Likewise, you martini sipping boy sniffer.

Now, kith.

only if he rams me afterwards

All I gots to say about that is jesus christ.

But Lucas's smarts were unenhanced. Lucas was an electrical prodigy at a young age, he already hid a body in the attic by making a secret ladder switch hidden in a light post, which makes him the longest-running serial murderer of the house.

Although what happened after Evelyne entered the house was pretty vague, it appears that he was initially infected before an organizational middleman gave him a serum for it to stop growing, in exchange for intel on Evelyne. Evelyne was an enabler for Lucas's warped mind, and all Lucas had to do was fake being controlled and not do anything too serious. I still think Jack cutting off his arm should've been changed for a better twist, though.

Oh look another second rate mongoloid/mexican making a thread who can't seem to grasp 2nd grade english. Ban this fellow please, I bet he made the Xenoblade=Star Wars thread too.

One liners, one posters, in and out. Why If I was the admin i'd know what to do in this context.

I liked Resident Evil 7.
I wouldn't pay for it because its way too short, but I actually had fun playing it.

Payed through twice. Once on regular then on Madhouse. Its flawed, but I actually enjoyed it and normally I hate "spooky games" because I dont find them spooky and they have shit gameplay.

UH OH LE EVIL SUMMERFAGS!

fug my boipussy daddy
fuck I wasn't able to write that with a straight face

I agree quite firmly with this actually. On paper the game has its priorities set well but it never puts them into practice well. The dialog and humor is fine but the game never broke a c- in my books, and when I hit the fucking tanker chapter god damn it I felt that c- was being way to kind to it. Its not replacing anything, nor is it anything new really.

Lucas is infected but he is not in Eveline's control. This is why he can regenerate his arm after it was chopped off in the opening.
He was working with Umbrella from the beginning.

Lucas is infected but he is not in Eveline's control. This is why he can regenerate his arm after it was chopped off in the opening.
He was working with Umbrella from the beginning.

Was it Umbrella? I thought it was Tetsu.

Isn't there some shitskin subreddit where you can ask retarded questions in your native language, Ranjeed?

What a fucking travesty.

Only the first part of the game is like that
It turns into Resident Evil once you get further

I don't know, but I fucking loved it. The game has flaws, but damn it was a nice surprise to see a good RE game again. I hope they take the RE7 formula and improve on it.

Because of the twist that makes it more into the shit-fest that is modern Resident Evil.

There probably is but I don't like Reddit's layout and use of usernames

I'm sure there's some custom CSS to change the theme and remove the names

RE has always riped off trendy horror movie tropes
if i remeber correctly there's a little bit of Saw as well in the RE

Come at me then, faggot. You gonna get ass blasted if I say Silent Hill 2 was inspired by David Lynch?

Resident Evil takes lowest common denominator horror iconography and gradually twists it beyond recognition as the game ramps up in the third act. The Bakers are straight up Japanese mythology explained via science, I wasn't arguing that, but the boring black goo puppets have more to do with American zombie methodology than Japanese horror - and pass more than a passing resemblance to both The Thing and the Tar Zombie from ROTLD.

Japan assumes that "evil" is more a sociopathic, bitter or passive aggressive force than a destructive one - which is Emily in a nutshell. Evil Little Girls are common everywhere, yes, but there's a reason I invoked Ring for RE7.

The tar monsters don't look like any iconic Japanese ghouls I can think of, and they certainly don't act like them either. They easily COULD have made the generic sticky things look like oni and kappa and cool shit like that but instead we got the fat puking zombie from EVERY American zombie game ever fucking made.

Remind me which Japanese monsters those boring lumps of shit we're inspired by. Or of any non-Japanese franchise in which a little girl with hair plastered over her face is the signing evil incarnate. Hard Mode: Ignore the Evil Dead remake, which probably did have some influence on this game anyway.

I'm not gonna try and outweeb you on this bullshit, but boring use of stereotypes don't get a pass just cause Japs do it.