Is the entire globe in the GTA Universe a series of islands? They mention different countries like Canada, Mexico...

Is the entire globe in the GTA Universe a series of islands? They mention different countries like Canada, Mexico, Serbia, etc, but do we ever see what they look like on a globe in relation to Vice City, San Andreas, or Liberty City?

I remember there being a world map inside of GTAV that showed serious signs of a higher sea level. I think that's what they're using as an excuse for why they're all islands.

Found it.

Is the San Andreas map not canon now that V exists, or did the world go through some sort of Pangaea event since 1992?

we both know they're islands because it's easier design and resource wise to just have a ocean surrounding your playable area.

The san andreas fault happened

3, vice city and SA are in their own separate universe. The new games are considered to be in the "HD universe". Pretty retarded really.

Oh yeah I keep forgetting that they've decided handwaving away differences is better than trying to be consistent

What a disgusting piece of shit. 1/3 of congested city, 2/3 of wide open trailer park and mountains, the former 1/3 is the only part to give a shit about. And they're chunks divided straight down the middle, unlike SA which had a nice mix of rural to urban that interweaves. What the hell were they thinking.

They are island because resource constraints.
GTA III had no bikes because the team didn't have time to implement them, but there's a in game excuse like bike are too dangerous or something.

Why does this webm have so many headers(?) and unicodes(?) ?

to make the drive from city to hickville seem longer than it actually was I'd think

It happens to webms and images randomly, just refresh the page and it gets fixed

Refreshing the page did work, here is how it looked before.

it's just a game bruh smh bruh

xD

that's alternate filename downloading.
You can either download a file with the original filename, whatever h means (probably hex, it's the long filenames 8ch uses internally) or it's unix timestamp.
Why it's appearing 20 times I don't know.

the notion of 'canon' is irrelevant

Yes.

It's codemonkey's work. Everything he implements is broken and then when he fixes something another thing breaks.

I'll never understand the autism as presented here. Comic books and movies have been doing this shit for decades, yet vidya can't? It was obvious there's a new universe involved as soon as the first GTA IV trailer was shown in 2007.

People expecting consistency in virtually any sequel that's even a mild departure from the first are clearly retarded chumps who've not thought about the medium very much.

Then holding on to ideas of 'canon' and 'not-canon' are utterly pointless and just fuel for people to bitterly gripe about something they could never change.

No, since they are maps designed for a game, they don't have to design a whole world far beyond the actually gaming map, that they are never going to use.

The problem with SA is the yuge amount of urban people.

I think, I figured it out, it's about the last image posted and how many replies have been made since then, if there are 9 replies then there will be 9 groups of (h) (u). Now all that's left is for someone to tell this to codemonkey.

GTAs are more consistent than most game series so far. There are 3 continuities: the old top-down games, the PS2-era games and all the ones since IV. Why is it so hard to understand? Why do people need to invoke black and white autism?
I bet you autists think Batman is immortal and the Lego Batman movie wasn't joking.

To be fair. Who fucking cares? This is what they should have done with Zelda yet they keep fucking up their prior titles with shit tier lore as a result. I'd rather the series take place in each universe individually than them have to make up a bunch of retarded shit. That said they did that well enough with their later titles anyway so the point is moot.

Bruh, our real planet is a series of islands. Some of them are just bigger than others.

The land in redlettermedia is actually a land state with mountains on the north and in the south.

Please tell me more about the RLM Expanded Universe. Have the Milwaukee Plinkett and the New Jersey Plinkett ever met?

Is this an ebin new filter?