So I downloaded Project Zomboid to see if it was worth buying...

So I downloaded Project Zomboid to see if it was worth buying. Ive put in almost ten hours and have come to the conclusion that it is not worth a buy, at least not as it is now.

My main issues are
-no NPC's even though you hear gunshots and helicopters
-Lag
-no vehicles or means of transport besides walking (vehicles are supposedly coming soon)
-Cant jump over counters or tables or tall fences
-Cant climb down edge of building with rope but can out windows

Overall its a good game but the little things equal big things when they get you killed. Also its impossible to play when lagging, actions and clicks don't register so you can forget running or seining your weapon to save yourself. My laptop is fine and I can play games way more demanding than project zomboid. Its one of those games that makes me more mad than entertained. Nothing worse than investing time into something only to have it ruin itself. Ill be downloading every few updates until I like it and even then I may never actually get it.

Have any of you played it? What do you think of it? Did you pay for it?

Other urls found in this thread:

theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/13061-zeeks-haven-247-us-eastny-serverpvpcspawns24gb-ramweekly-soft-wipesmonthly-hard-wipes/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

impressive

Well, to be fair they had their laptop with the only copy of the source code stolen like 4 times in a row now, it's only logical for them not to have finished the game.

Not everyone uses a desktop because not everyone needs one.

I recently found out about the game but I've been reading reviews and things and apparently its been in development long before steam early access. How long exactly, do you know?

So I just found this
>theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/13061-zeeks-haven-247-us-eastny-serverpvpcspawns24gb-ramweekly-soft-wipesmonthly-hard-wipes/
Its a link to server info for an official server hosted by theindiestone. Fuck this shit, they just use the game they have to milk the community, stringing people along with promises of better shit.

Maybe they should stop letting niggers into their offices. No sympathy for faggots that don't learn their lesson.

Can a server be joined with a pirated version?

this was one of the first games i remember hearing about when early access first started becoming a trend.
surprise, surprise, nearly four fucking years later and it's still not finished.

This is honestly why I quit buying games. Everything sucks now or doesn't work.

Someone name a good game I can sink hours and hours into.

And it wont be in 10 years
I mean the think is in development for like what? 5 years now?

no dev can be that retarded. im calling bullshit.

especially since it's not a kikestarter thing nor an AGDG related project , that makes it a special kind of procrastinating

DLed it a few months ago after I got tired of 7DtD's latest iteration. It was okayish for a while, but holy shit, I looked at older versions and the progress has been fucking glacial. In a little over half the time 7DtD has gone from an unplayable eye-gouging gory Minecraft to an actual game in its own right with passable graphics, and 7DtD is easily the more demanding game to develop.
What really killed PZ for me was downloading Hydrocraft and sorting literally thousands of items all necessary for something or other. I set up in a damn warehouse wall-to-wall with crates and I still ran out of space. After that, I couldn't even stand vanilla's inventory management.

Arx Fatalis

Thats just an excuse for their lazyness. I am surprised people actually took that at face value but I guess gullible retards are the ones who bought the game in the first place.

Monster hunter
Beyond that you'll need to be more specific about your preferences and tastes.

why not just play CDDA?

fug

Isn't CDDA currently heading in the same direction DCSS is? As in, shithead devs actively ruining the game while ignoring the incredibly pissed off community they've left in their wake.

I dont pay attention to forum drama but so far any retarded changes has beed segmented off into mods.

Like, they added filthy clothes, vitamin defficiency, throwing, increased vehicle building times and some other shit but were pressured by the players to make all that shit optional.

I can testify to them implementing changes without regard to popular mods tho, like blazemod that had issues for more than half a year now due to constant rewriting of base code.

I had the same thought when I played the game. Very little progress made for the time frame. I took that screencap last year and since then as far as I know nothing has changed regarding the major features. Well, something did actually, they started showing vehicles and delayed animations to be release after cars. So far, it's only cars, no bikes/bicycles/etc.

I wonder how much of a clusterfuck their code is to delay animations that long.

I was a retard that backed this way back when it was just starting out and I don't think I've ever spent more than ten minutes with it.

All I see are mod for this mod for that and the base game moving at a snail's pace. I remember when they changed to the 3d models and thought, great, good progress. But since then just nothing worth mentioning.

I wanted a cataclysm that played semi close to it. Instead I got something that will be in alpha when I die

B-but the endgame will make the wait totally worth it! yfw it took them years to implement the current end game of helicopter sound sics zombies on your ass?

Why are people triggered by vitamin deficiencies and filthy clothing?

The filthy clothing just prevents you from wearing whatever it is that drops off a zombie and vitamin deficiencies add more challenge to the game and give you a reason to explore. Since when is Holla Forums an advocate for making games more casual?

Since it's personal. Ignoring your laundry chores and the lack of vitamin D are well established cultural norms around these parts and you can go get fucked if you don't like it.

I can wrap my head around a bunch of amateur fuckup nerds running a studio and not being remotely good at creating realistic goals and sprints and what not to achieve them in a timely manner because in current year thats apparently outdated thinking. Even worse, I can imagine the complete lack of will to actually produce things when you've been handed a shitload of cash from idiots like myself gave them carte blanche via kikestarter/early access

What I can't understand is why the progress has been so minimal. Even rudimentary team leading and management would be able to isolate small, attainable goals, and push toward them, rather than trying to build everything at once.

I would honestly like to sit down with them and figure out if anyone knows how to run a software company

Holy Christ I remember them having a build with a couple test npcs like 3 years ago, maybe more. What have they even been doing with their time?

Collecting the shekels and laughing at all the idiots that didn't pirate the game.

gee, who could have known this game would suck?

This.
After the first time it would be mandatory to have backups and other security measures, besides, why hasn't the source code been leaked yet? I can't imagine a thief getting their hands on that thing 4 times without minimal knowledge about the thing.

It was first released in 2011, so it's been in development for longer than that.

It was one of the first in the genre when it was first released. Gee I wonder why people aren't prescient and couldn't see how the market would become flooded with garbage like it

Its like advising to use car for someone who just tried bicycle.

Liberal Crime Squad.

Dropbox and Mega is cheap/free.

Well Satan, I personally think you should bring a whip for when someone gets side tracked.

I never bought that shit when it happened, that was pre-steam. This game has been in dev too long to be this shitty.

muh negro
apparently they have an android version?

I remember a few years after Dead Rising was released wishing for more zombie games that weren't just Half-Life mods. Looks like I Monkey Paw'd this yet again.