What the fuck is up with the Twinsanity soundtrack and why is it so good?

What the fuck is up with the Twinsanity soundtrack and why is it so good?

Other urls found in this thread:

e621.net/post?tags=kempferzero
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Are you making these Crash Bandicoot threads because of that hideous soulless upcoming remake?

This is the first time I talk about Crash Bandicoot on Holla Forums and any mods can attest to that

It's all voices that are edited accordingly, for example a voice would try it's best to mimic a guitar and would be heavily distorted to sound like a distorted guitar

Twinsanity is the redemption of Traveler's Tales fuckup which they had to remake the game multiple of times

I hear it now, that's pretty fucking genius.

How many crash threads do you need?

Twinsanity is one of those bad games that was almost good. You could tell some of the devs actually gave a shit

It was close to good, but something fucked it up, I don't remember. I do remember a few pretty lousy levels with Cortex and his daughter in the haunted schoolhouse.

More than one thread about Crash is obviously the work of one person because I say it is.

Game's severely rushed, there's a shit-ton of concept art and an entire website related to half-finished dev materials for Twinsanity and another planned Crash game by the same group that didn't make it. What we ended up getting was probably 1/4th-1/3rd complete.

I played that game when i was knee-high, and that soundtrack and comedy it brought made it stand out enough in my mind that I can still whistle some of the better tracks in it.

Discovering that literally every music track in that game was made by voices blew my mind years later.

I've not gone back and played the older games, cause apparantly the comedy and sound were both new experimental additions to this entry only, and i feel like i'd just be comparing it to the newer ones too much.

The older games were better, well, games, but Twinsanity's unique enough to stand up entirely on its own merits. I'd give 'em a try, just don't expect Twinsanity.

All I want is for Nina to be in a good Crash game

Yeah, that's my biggest worry. I've read the blogs, all about how they used fig leaves to hide polygons that were too hardware intensive to render, or designing levels with these processing roadblocks, or how Crash's design was intentionally made cartooney and low-res because it cut down on polygons, and i feel like that's what i'm gonna get. An incredibly polished take on 3d platforming that was meant to rival Super Mario 64 at the time.

You know what's the biggest regret i have about Crash as a concept, though? I love the Tiki Lounge aesthetic. I could listen to Calypso orchestra all day if nessecary, and from what i've seen, the Crash games don't exactly use it much.

I'm in the exact opposite of your position.
I need to see if I can find a copy of Twinsanity and try it.

Just emulate it. It works fine unless you have a toaster.

I do

I remember having a lot of fun up until they introduced Nina, not because she was a shit character\controlled awful. I don't remember anything in particular, but I remember Dingodiles boss fight being a pain in the ass, and then the the entire schoolyard level was a struggle for some reason and after that it just went downhill when we went to the parallel dimension. I think as other anons said it just got rushed in the last quarter and it hurt the game overall, to answer OPs question the OST was great because it was all done by an acapella band with really good editing skills.

Atleast I remember having a good time with the final boss where they cycled you through all the playstyles. That kind of stuff is always a blast when done right.

I hated that final boss, personally. Even though i liked having all my characters being useful and their powers becoming relevant, the giant mech you used to fight off the other giant mech came out of nowhere, with a whole set of powers you were just supposed to know. They needed a simple tutorial level somewhere where you used it at some point.

Also, i thought the schoolyard was fine. The boss of that area, the music teacher hanging on ropes which you had to blast the organ music to hit her back was a fun boss battle, with some challenge. The last few areas were just kinda bland, and you read in the liner notes and art assets how they wanted to make it black and white, with colour coming back to the area the more you played through it, and that could have been a neat idea.

Reminder that Spyro is in this game.

yeah as a gag, i recall.

Well, the mecha was supposed to be in an earlier underwater styled stage (so probably after the ship\N.Brio + Tropy stage) but when that got cut they probably liked it too much to retool the final boss.
There is just way too much shit that was cut from this, really makes you wonder what ti would have been like if it was given the time to get completed as the dev team wanted.

Also I don't remember much about the school stage so you could be right, it's just that was the point I remember the fun noticeably taking a dip in quality, but this was also when Blockbusters were a lot more common than they are now so I could just be misremembering a whole load.

For me, the dip in quality was that forced running section on the boat, but then again, i was 12. I was happy enough just to play a videogame at all at that age, and i'm sure if i went and played it all back knowing what i know now, i'll be able to spot all those flaws and nitpick it to death. The fact is that the game had so much style and panache and charm that most of the really glaring ones are forgotten to me now. Whoever put Twinsanity together out of all the leftover parts they had left was a damn genius.

Partial acapella.

The Crash 1 river music is the comfiest shit ever. A lot of stuff in the '90s used that kind of music, but not too much anymore. I guess the whole tribal naturalistic thing died out. Now it's all techno. But Sonic and Crash taught me that electronic music represents evil mad scientists. All the first four games have fantastic music, though, even if the later ones use a lot more techno sounding stuff, in a very opposite fashion to the first game.

I need to know where you got this.

Twinsanity is the last good Crash game, that's a fact. And the dev team got fucked sideways multiple times with shitty deadlines and low budgets, yet still gave it that cartoony sense that Naughty Dog wanted for its series. The mere fact they start the game with Cortex and Uka Uka stuck in an icy prison mid chase should be a testament of that.

How about no.

Nothing was as good as the first four, but Travelers' Tales gave it two good tries, though they got fucked by the publishers both times.

i want to NUT inside coco

e621.net/post?tags=kempferzero

WOAH

for fucks sake WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT

But this is all old, normal Coco, where's remaster, silly Coco?

Off eating pancakes

GET FUCKING SMOKED AKECHI

It's accapella done by an actual group. Pretty cool shit (and they were brought back for Crash Tag Team Racing Which had the best ending credit Easter egg)

This game is so underrated. It got completely ignored like all of the other Crash games not made by Naughty Dog but this one was actually really great. It's the sequel that Crash Team Racing deserved.

This game has so much cut content it's crazy.

Nitro Kart was a very mediocre game that severely disappointed me after CTR was my favorite game ever. Is Tag Team Racing really that much better?

why did you post the exact same video though?

i like my coco hot too

The funny thing is the game actually jokes about the fact they ran out of time before you do the Evil Crash sequence.

lyrics:
Prr
Prr
Prr, Prr, Prr rr, Prr rr, Prr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
rrrrwrrwrrrrrw

Prr rr rr rr rr rr

TUH RUH TUH TUH RUH TUH TUH RUH TUH TUH
TUH RUH TUH TUH RUH TUH TUUUH TUHREBREPEREBEDEEEE

TUH RUH TUH TUH RUH TUH TUUUH TUHREBREPEREBEDEEEERUUUUHUUUHUUUUHWUUUUU

TUH TUH RUUUUUHUUUUHRUUUU HUUUUH
–praapapara para–
–praapapara para–

TUH RUUUUUHHUUUHRUUUU
–PRAAP PRAAP–
TUH WRUUUUUU
–praapapara para–
–praapapara para–
TUH TUH TUUUUUH TUUUUH
–praapap papapap papapap papap–
AH TUH
–prr–
AH TUH
–prr–
TAH
–prr–
AH TUH TAH TUH TAH –prrrrrrrrrrrr–!!!

frrw brrw frrw brrw frrw brrw frrw brrw frrw brrw brrw brrw BRRW

eeeeh
AAAAH AH AAH AAAAH AH
AAAAH AH AAAAH AH

AAAAH AH AAH AAAAH AH
AAAAH AH AAAAH AAAAAAAAAAH

AAAAAAAH AH AAAH AAAAAH AH
AAAAAAAH AH AAAH AAAAAAH

AAAAAAAH AH AAAH AAAAH
–tuh ruh tuh tuh ruh tuh tuh ruh tuh tuuuh–
AAAAAAAH AH AAAH AYYYYY
–tuh ruh tuh tuh ruh tuh duuuh–
–tuh ruh tuh tuh ruh tuh tuh ruh tuh tuuuh–
AAAAAAAH AH AAAH AAAAH
–tuh tuh ruh tuh ruh tuh ruh tuh tuuuh–
–BRUUH PUUH PUUH RUUH PUUH PUUH RUUH PUUH RUUH PUUH PUUUH–
–BRAH PAH PAH PAH PAH PAH PAH PAH–

the trilogy isn't out yet is it?

(will commence again)
Actually, it's 100% acapella, just with good editing.

WOAH

Tag Team Racing is pretty fun and has some variety with the stuff you can do on the maps. Not necessarily just a straight up racing game but its got a lot of different game modes squeezed into every map. Download it for dolphin and give it a shot.

holy shit this is stupid and good

WHY did you have to remind me of that thread

i dunno nigga i hear some drums; that must be some cosmic acapella if they can perfectly imitate a drum set

–kuh tuh kuh tuh–
–kuh tuh kuh tuh–
–kuh tuh kuh tuh–
–kuh tuh kuh tuh–

–kuh tuh kuh tuh–
–kuh tuh kuh tuh–
–kuh tuh kuh tuh–
–kuh tuh kuh tuh–

i loved nina levels, stretchable arms to grab on stuff and move around the level is such a god tier mechanic. its like taking the Hookshot mechanic and improving it in EVERY possible way. not only they work as hookshots but they also are blunt weapons, since they're metallic.

only thing that sucks is that Coco playing was cut off the game. the last boss should have been Coco, Crash, Cortex, and Nina all fighting against the evil twins. but instead you just use cortex, crash, and nina.

And it's still more enjoyable than modern day generic dramatic orchestra music.

I need someone to make that shit spin about 9 times faster

This entire post is fucking amazing

its original and sounds amazing, and it gave the game its own unique charm. what game has done an entire a Capella soundtrack before? i don't know of any.

IT BROKE NEW GROUND

Memeing aside it really did break new ground.

I wonder if it was in any part inspired by the neverhood

Who cares if it broke new ground if the ground it dug up was above the septic tank?

yeah i was saying it ironically and literally. the first of its kind, and it was an absolute masterpiece.

the songs stick to you like glue too. you can't stop humming them afterwards

*DUHM DUHM*
–psht–
*DUHM DUHM DUHM*
–psht–

*DUHM DUHM*
–psht–
*DUHM DUHM DUHM*
–psht–

*DUHM DUHM*
–psht–
*DUHM DUHM DUHM*
–psht–

–fwwwjjjjjjj–

**DUHM DUHM*
–psht–
*DUHM DUHM DUHM*
–psht–

(repeat x2)
**DUHM DUHM*
–psht– –weeeeeeow werooow–
*DUHM DUHM*
–psht– –weeeeeeow werooow–
*DUHM DUHM DUHM*
–psht–
*DUHM DUHM*
–psht– –weeeeeeow wew werewooow weeew weeew wereweoow–
(end repeat x2)

*DUHM DUHM*
UUUUUUH HUUUUUUH –ts p tsh ts p tsh–
–s p tsh ts p tsh–
*DUHM DUHM*
–ss p tsh ts p tsh–
*DUHM DUHM *
–ss p tsh ts p tsh–
*DUHM DUHM*
UUUUUUUUUUUUUH HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH –ts p tsh ts p tsh–
–ss p tsh ts p tsh–
==*DUHM DUHM PSHT*== (quick)

*DUHM DUHM PSHT*
*DUHM. DUHM DUHM DUHM PSHT*
–s p tsh ts p tsh–
*DUHM DUHM PSHT*
–s p tsh ts p tsh–
*DUHM DUHM PSHT*
–s p tsh ts p tsh–
*DUHM DUHM PSHT*
–"fwwwjip"–
UUUUUUUUUUUUUH HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH –ts p tsh ts p tsh–
–s p tsh ts p tsh–

(repeat x2)
*DUHM DUHM PSHT*
–Pbbbth th th, th th th th thhhhh– –ts p tsh ts p tsh–
Pbbbbbbbth pbbbbth –ts p tsh ts p tsh–

*DUHM DUHM PSHT*

*DUHM DUHM PSHT*
–"fwwwjip"–
*DUHM DUHM PSHT*
(end repeat x2)

*DUHM DUHM PSHT*
–Pbbbth th– –ts p tsh ts p tsh–
HMMMM HMMMM –ts p tsh ts p tsh–

*DUHM DUHM PSHT*

*DUHM DUHM PSHT*

*DUHM DUHM PSHT*
HMMMM Hmmmmm –ts p tsh ts p tsh–
braking noises? i couldn't figure this one out

*DUHM DUHM PSHT*
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAHHHH
–brbop– –brbop– –brbop– –brbop– very low

*DUHM DUHM PSHT*

*DUHM DUHM PSHT*
–weeeew wewooow–

*DUHM DUHM PSHT*
–weeeew wewooow–

*DUHM DUHM PSHT*
–weeeew wewooow–

*DUHM DUHM PSHT*
–wewew werewooow wewew werewow–

this is up to 1:46, i cant go on anymore, i picked a hard one…

kys faggot

Can it be anything like this?

There really ought to be a Holla Forums sings of the Twinsanity sound track

if you guys are going to do it, this one is one of the easiest ones. not many noise strings to follow