Still no good game that simulates natural selection and ecology of the animals and plants around you despite the fact...

Why don't devs care about having natural environments for the player?

Other urls found in this thread:

speciesgame.com/
jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/16/3/7.html
freegameempire.com/games/SimEarth/Run-in-browser
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3190562/
ieet.org/index.php/IEET2/more/pellissier20131211
web.mit.edu/fustflum/documents/papers/AshkenaziIQ.jbiosocsci.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because it would waste more development into shit nobody appreciates, like fish AI

Natural selection is a tool of the patriarchy.

We have evidence of this existing.
We can replicate the circumstances.
I don't know why that would be fedora tipping.
Do you think gravity is fedora tipping?

Here you go.

Sounds boring. How would a game based around natural selection even work? If the player has any kind of meaningful impact over the world then it's no longer natural selection and becomes just another god game.

Because video games are designed to placate the goyim, and anything that might awaken them to the brutal reality of their existence is non kosher.

you need a nice simulator, buddy
dont ask for a vidya when you want sims

I've been wanting to make a game like this for a while now. But I'm really unsure what direction to take it. Micro or macro? What interaction could the player have, if any? Wouldn't it just be a simulation?

I'd really like to do a fairly complex simulation with organic evolution of a lot of different organisms within an ecosystem. But I'm not sure how I would visually represent this.

I guess I could just make a really big 2D world that I could zoom in and out on. And use different visual representations of groups depending on the zoom level.

sounds like not a fucking game, do you know what a game is? just make it you start as a small fucking bug that evolves over time to a fucking dinosaur with laser cannons and a rocket penis

Spore

Source?

SJWs love science, or rather they like pretending they do until it goes against their ideas. Some christcucks have taken that to mean all science is cucky. Thus the cycle continues.

At least you're not lacking in ambition.

really procrastinates my pasta

Imagine a TES-like open world RPG, with simulated and destructible environments. You have your geographical system like your rivers and rains, you have your flora systems like forests, meadows and other vegetation, you have your fauna ecology system with predators and prey, you have humans who take from all those systems sparingly and also have a working economic system with taxes, varying prices, trade and delivery.

And then plop in a human player, who is supposed to become ungodly strong. Even if the player doesn't outright burn down the forests and wipe out local wolf population, he's going to create economic turmoil by selling insane amounts of looted weaponry. If you can have a system that would cope around that, sure, but it would be extremely hard.

tl;dr: it's not the system itself that is hard to make, it's making a system that would adapt to the player's crazy shenanigans.

Then just skip the coping part and let the player have his fun unintentionally setting off chain reactions that ruin the local economy. And add some historian NPC that lets you see just how exactly you ruined everything. I'd play that game.

It's in dwarf fortress in fortress mode…
Dwarves will inherit traits from their parents. Animals will also inherit traits such as colour and size.

Additionally there are racial characteristics between dwarf settlements from world gen that can change if the dwarves mingle.

One could argue that it is also prevalent in world gen to a degree as well I suppose as cultural traits which are successful for a given world are passed on and "evolve".

But then the system would be the cornerstone of the game, rather than a sub-system that increases immersion. The whole goal would not be to save the world while fucking around extremely believable forests, but to get as far as you can without wiping out the earth.

Plus, biological systems don't have borders, not even water ones. You'd have to model the entire damn planet, and it'd have to be pretty damn big to have more or less realistic biosystem. And that would either be procedurally generated wilderness, which creates the problem of why humans don't go live there, or hand-made content with civilizations, which would just take forever.
If you could procedurally generate civilizations and man-made culture and structures, it would be great, but the closest we have to that is Dwarf Fortress, and even then it's mostly just some random barely believable buildings.

Human settlements reflect the history, culture, and fashion. You'd have to manage to generate entire damn evolutionary cycles of architecture, association of said architecture with groups of humans, interactions of said groups of humans over time, consequences that has on the buildings, etc. Let's say you have a group of very rich traders couple hundred years back, who started copying a foreign architectural style with a local twist on it. And then, a hundred years or so later, they try to overthrow the king, fail, and get hunted down. So now the buildings are either destroyed, or rundown, and that architectural style is considered to be improper. So you now have those rundown buildings on the edges of the cities, where scum and necromancers congregate. That would be very very believable, and interesting to learn, but it is a nightmare to generate. Only handmade content is really the way to go with this so far, and it takes a lot of time and effort.

Best you can have right now is simplistic systems, unless some AAA+ studio with shitton of money like Blizzard regains their sense of taste, love of videogames, and drive for quality, and actually hand-crafts the whole damn thing. This is why AAA hurts so much right now, they could be making insanely good games, but they just go for the profit.

Progress isn't made in one big leap, but a series of steps, so the way to get to your dream game is to prototype all necessary subsystems in separate games. And this includes other ways of limiting the scope, like artificially limiting the game area and only rudimentary simulation of how that area and the world outside interact.

What we'd technically need is not AAA because AAA is completely averse to taking risks, but rather some sort of video game university where programmer-scientists are paid to push the boundary of game systems and to publicize the results. Would be a better use of state money than subsidizing the existing AAA industry for sure.

I can't imagine that will go over well with the casuals.

I see only two possible ways to achieve that.

1) Continuously and slowly push AAA towards more and more complex worlds by voting with your wallet. Extremely hard and long to do, and would require casual participation, which is tricky, because those pricks don't really want anything complex.

2)Have a group of Tarn Adams tier dedicated people working on it together for free for a decade or so.

Both are unlikely. You could cut corner by having simple graphics, but that's not the biggest challenge. The biggest challenge would be making said systems, and testing them extensively for a shitton of time, to make sure there are no bugs. It would suck to find out very down the line that increased humidity due to human actions create a tiny increase in chitin-based lifeforms which affects the preference of humans towards political systems, and now you have to re-write everything from the way down.

It would have you walk around the planet as an ethereal being and allow you to take in the glory and wonder of evolution in real-time.

Valve would, theoretically, have the money to fund this sort of research and maybe even the motivation and capacities, but everyone knows Valve doesn't actually want to do anything.

Just forget about AAA.

The only, only way I can see it happen relatively soon is if Notch suddenly dies/goes insane with generosity, and his money end up in the hands of people like Tarn Adams. However, not only it would require Notch's participation, the money ending up in right hands would also be a huge problem. As kikescammer clearly shows, there are shitton of people really good at lying and promising to get money.

Either that, or some autist suddenly unveils a project he's been working on for 15 years in his basement. That one extremely long development first person dungeon crawler game from that Australian dude really did come out recently, so you never know

Have embed related, look for games similar to it (maybe speciesgame.com/ ? Didn't look into it.) and stop spawning this same discussion over and over.
Before you ask for a game where the focus wouldn't be the ecology shit, but rather some action RPG or whatever, such a game wouldn't benefit enough from such a complex system in order for it to be implemented.

All of this sounds like a complete waste of time, money, and human resources and I'm glad you're not a producer.

wat other game has this sorta survival/ecosystem thing?

It's not really that good, given that nobody beside players need to eat at all. Oh, they'll do it, but they don't need to. Just treat every single piece of food as belonging to you by sacred right, and ignore everyone else.

jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/16/3/7.html

Thanks.

I'm sorry that you are such a casual that you can't stand to watch progress over large periods of time

If I wanted to do any of that boring shit, I'd just so sit outside.

SJWs love pseudoscience, not cold hard facts.

Why hasn't this been posted yet? Swimbots/genepool.

Holla Forums .dna share when?

Mark's tribe must be very proud.

I remember playing some old ass edutainment game about evolution that showed me how shit evolution is. It think it was called darwin bots or something along those lines.
You had these little programmable vector bots that randomly altered their code each generation, so I designed the ultimate perfect bot that had every advantage to be successful, but then mutations started fucking up with the code and each new generation of the bot was more retarded than the last one, they continued devolving into retards until they could barely survive and they only stopped getting more retarded because the ultra retarded ones didn't even live long enough to reproduce.
This made me realize evolution isn't progress towards some perfectly adapted lifeform, it just chases that minimum line of survivability and anything above that line is just random bullshit. So if you already have a better organism than the minimum you need to survive, evolution will actually make that organism worse.

Check out these two - 20+ offspring together as of this posting. I think this species may actually have developed some kind of really complex gender system that's displayed in the colours at the tips of their tentacles/tails.

That's exactly how it works.

benis in vagina :—–D

Maybe I should've spoilered the mp4, that's some hardcore stuff.

>>>/pole/

Why derail bad threads into pol shit though at this point its just the same shitty posts over and over. Just go with dubs

And that makes me wonder, if we have altered our environment to make survival really easy, doesn't that mean we're making humanity devolve into retarded apes?

Is this like how jews can't draw actual swastikas when they're faking (((hate crimes))) because they're too scared of it?

There is a movie based on that premise called idiocracy you know?

God fucking damn it, the one chance I get to talk about this simulation it gets usurped by politishit.

Look at the people around you, what do you see?

Have you ever played Cell Lab?
It is a free android game app but it is very interesting as you program cells to divide and make organisms. It also has a natural selection capacity.

To be honest it kind of matches what the OP is looking for as many levels require you to introduce a single new organism which will wipe out specific other organisms that are already established by upsetting the balance somehow.

It is very well made, free and has no ads iirc.

I haven't, It's a shame I lost my android phone. Rip my hopes and dreams.

Genepool here sounds similar, though programming it is next to fucking impossible. Most of the embryology/genetics is incomprehensible and unworkable, forcing people to develop strains through more or less pure evolution. Apparently even the coder doesn't understand how his own genetics system functions, even though the .dna for every critter is just a series of a hundred or so numbers that can be effectively copy/pasted.

Post a vid of cell lab

Sure there are a lot of vids as it is a pretty varied game and it can be a bit hard to see what is going on sometimes. In this vid though a complex swimmer organism is made with a protective ring to protect from predatory organisms.

The brown dots are the nutrient source.

When you play the game you learn what the different cells do. Like viruses, glue, phagocytes, sensory cells, neurons etc.

I can't find you a great video on how it is programmed… Essentially you determine that when a cell has enough nutrients what two cells it will divide into, what angle they will be whether they will be attached etc, you then also program those daughter cells in a similar way and create complex organisms that can reproduce from a single cell…

Anyone who has at least two neurons firing is a Fedora. Be a retard and shit your pants or else you are a le hat meme!

Yeah. We should all aspire to be the technologically stagnant, soulless, uncreative hack producers that we worship at E3 every year.
protip: kill yourself

Wakfu tried doing something where if you killed too many creatures they would all die. You could have it where different colors of different species exist that give up different items on death and have it be where some die out and some don't based on players. Obviously you would need more than just color but that is an example.

tokyo fucking jungle. even EVO explored this albeit in a more primitive way

I've always wanted something like this. Problem is it'd be difficult to tie it in with the gameplay, so it would most likely end up a very expensive and computationally taxing gimmick.

You mean have it be fucked up but that's ok, it would show how crazy the player is.

Never could get into it as a kid.

Thanks nigga, playing it now

Evolution doesn't work that fast. Before that would happens we will have genetic modification to counter devolution. And if we don't then that means our level of intelligence was an evolutionary mistake.

There is no such thing. Evolving to be dumber is still evolution.
But actually natural selection is making people on average smarter according to IQ data and that is because smarter people tend to die less and figure shit out.

The problem isn't the theory of evolution, it's that those of lesser wisdom who learn about it tend to develop a nihilistic view of themselves and the universe. Bad for the mental health of society.

All the bees that died to gather all that fucking honey, just so some fat sack of shit slob whore whale could coat herself in it in the name of (((Art))).

Want some .dna files to toy with?

It was probably some cheap knock-off """"honey""""" from China.

Yes, I've seen the image macros as well. However, in reality when people are given no foundation they don't fare so well, as we can plainly see when looking at the modern world. People are stupid, they just don't know what would make them content isn't what gives them pleasure.

From the thumbnail, I thought that was a wax Buddha statue. Fucking (((modern art.)))

Many of the greatest people on earth found their own purpose and goals in life. The founding fathers and greatest scientists for example.
If you need a pre-established goal handed down to you in order to have a purpose than you weren't going to make it very far either way.

switch stereotype and reality and you're dead on

I'd argue that fake honey is a preferable alternative to harming bees, but the reality of it is that we just need more apiculture. It feels like for every 10 rolling fields of soy beans and corn I see, there's 0.8 bee farms.

Enjoy not being able to fly groundfag.

Besides the fact that you are dead wrong about great people not believing transcendent ideas, I'm not referring to the "greatest people" but rather the common man, who when becoming mentally unstable dissolve the societies which sustain and give birth to greatness.

Some of caryh's stuff on AI evolution might be similar to what you're looking for, though it's not vidya. You might be able to recreate the process yourself though, unless you have a toaster.

But, "harming" bees actually helps them you fucking ecotard.
holy shit this thread went off topic, sage for not vidya

It should bee noted that I don't know shit about bees.

I only give a shit about insects that validate their existence by contributing to the fucking ecosystem.

Bees are bros.
What the fuck is wrong with you.

I don't understand that comic.

You know there's ways to harvest honey without destroying the hive, right?

Not him but Look at Carl Sagan or Albert Einstein or George washington. Not all of them were atheists but they all define their own virtues and what should be considered right. There is nothing depressing or sad by realizing that you can give the word meaning by your own actions, it is actually very motivational.

An ecosystem is like a building with humans on the top floor, you demolish any of the floors below us and we are fucked.

Honey is so hard to make that it makes sense how expensive it is. According to google a worker bee makes about 1/12 teaspoon of honey in it's entire lifetime. Imagine how many thousands of bees lived and died making enough honey to cover that fatty in a useless "art" piece that only shows the word how disgusting some of humanity has become.

I interpret it to mean that the bus driver (who may represent nature) considers bald, bespectacled, trench coat man as less evolved than long haired, bearded, lion cloth man.

Natural selection doesn’t exist to liberals, therefore you will never get a game about it.

Congrats on your day one redpill, kiddo. Now help us kill all the jews.

Kill yourself, kike.

I got super into it as a kid. Plop a monolith down to make insects sapient and watch them starve all other life out of existence and fly into space. Then do it again and make carnivorous plants sapient. It was retarded as fuck and I loved it. Wish it was still playable without dragging my 20 year old machine up from the basement.

We have to kill all of the jews.

It's more like
At least in America.

Instinctively social creatures, stood on the backs of geniuses, spent their lives living in accordance with the belief systems of their day following a progression of ideals seeking to uncover Truth. Again, it's irrelevant to my point anyway, but I'd advise you to question your narcissistic modern belief (that someone centuries ago came up with, mind you) that the world is "given" meaning from the individual rather than the individual finding purpose by living in accordance with Truth.

Dump a bunch of low IQ people in the ocean, no land in sight, no map or compass, and tell them "hey, figure it out loser". Great strategy.

"Redpilled" and 'race realists" don't seem to actually care about the genetic differences between humans and just want to pretend their race is the best.

The only thing bad about bees is that they are so vulnerable to human pollutants. You can buzz heh off.

That in no way stops them from being great men and the top of their class as well as deciding what was important to them.
That is literally how humanity conquered the earth user. Early humans decided they wanted to explore earth and then did.

Superficial ego-based understanding and shortsightedness, perfect example of the dangers of nihilistic thinking. "Literally" everything we have is built on the foundation of those who came before us. No exploration till agriculture, animal husbandry, and a mastery of your environment from tool use (that non-sapiens invented). We first must thank and learn from Prometheus, then take a further step, not throw all working tradition away in our childish arrogance and desire to fulfill our appetites.

Nigger, Einstein revolutionized Physics and if you ever read his papers he shows no signs of an ego.
You mean a sign of maturity.
A character of Mythos created by us which only further shows how we as humans decide for ourselfs which is important and what has meaning.

I really like how you give your explanations by using yourself as an example

I'm talking about your understanding of the processes that allowed those men (not Sagan though) to be great, not they themselves.
Did I even say this? I said expecting everyone to be capable of such things is foolish and those that promoted such beliefs did it from childish arrogance at the restrictions that order and truth places on their desire for power.
Yes, we used mythological symbols as a tool for people at any level of intelligence to be able to engage with an ideal that benefits them and society.

I imagine you are young, so just keep studying, stay confused: that way lies Wisdom.

It's really just the primitive human who considers the modern man to be a step below him. Which is why he lets him go first.
I don't see how it's hard to understand.

Hey, idiot. Guess what. THEY'RE NOT. Who do you think told you that? Fucking dipshit.

If they aren't then why do they control most aspects of the modern world despite being a minority? Why are they able to take over entire countries while the natives claim the jews are being oppressed? Why can they commit any felony and sweep it under the rug despite mountains of evidence being passed around online? Why are we wasting time playing video games while they are in high political offices and running major corporations?

>Genetic modification to to counter devolution

You are clearly mad. But that is what actual IQ scores show us user.
Why are most "redpilled" people willing to say that whites are smarter than blacks but want to ignore the races that have higher IQs than whites?

My genes are augmented

perfect

Explain anime and Japanese videogames then tough guy.

Azkenazi are extremely inbred and are the most inteligent ones. Ingenuity is what matters.

signing an X was also because of illiteracy in the general populace otherwise people would just sign their name. good going you proved illiteracy was everywhere in the past. I can see you never went to school because of "librul indoctrination"

I don't know why that's there. The part about "kike" and Christianity hate are correct but that has nothing to with jew retardation. Also the rest of the data has nothing to do with historical illiteracy.
The closest jew i knew was a literal retard.
Now get back on topic faggot.

Can you even read nigger?

That's what DOSBox is for. freegameempire.com/games/SimEarth/Run-in-browser There's also VirtualBox for Windows 9x.

This denial is fucking pathetic.

vs
Get on topic faggot

That's ironic since your doesn't either but here are some sources
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3190562/
ieet.org/index.php/IEET2/more/pellissier20131211
web.mit.edu/fustflum/documents/papers/AshkenaziIQ.jbiosocsci.pdf
Sorry that race realism means you have to accept that jews are smarter you butthurt hypocrite.

And what have jews done with that 10 (lol) IQ difference, apart from usury and pornography?

Because the bus driver stops the caveman from paying for whatever reason.

Only two ways I can see it, either he is saying "you don't need to pay" or "we don't want your kind on this bus"

Either way it does seem to say that the bald man is on the right bus, the retard bus, and needs to pay.

Naw mang y'all got it wrong. See, there ain't no one superior master race that always wins for all time. There's only this wack-ass constant shuffling and rotation between three different ones: the Jews, the Burgers, and the Samurai. The Jews are the tricksy Middle-Eastern semites and kikes and arabs and Silk Road merchants shit. They be trickin' and punkin' the Burgers. The Burgers are the Western whiteys with mad science and technology skillz. They be blastin' away the Samurai. The Samurai are those Eastern slants who are all really tight-assed about blood and ingroup preference and keeping your crew all tight with each other. They be slicin' at and scaring away the Jews. History is one long wack-ass game of Jew->Burger->Samurai.

Watch the anime Suisei no Gargantia. Half the humans choose to evolve/devolve, half choose technology. Guess who wins?

Controling the world for 200 years if Holla Forums is to be believed.

One big lie is worth more than a hundred truths. By 1928, Britain’s Jewish Board of Deputies had become dismayed with IQ studies showing Jews were notably less intelligent than the native British. They paid researchers to write a public-relations paper ‘proving’ that Ashkenazi Jews were geniuses (No bias there, then) Jews have endlessly repeated this claim of Ashkenazi ‘genius’ (Levinson, Bachman, Pinker, etc.) However, it has not been supported by any large-scale, standardized IQ tests that hold Jews to the same standards as non-jews. Ever. Wikipedia files the subject of Ashkenazi Jewish intelligence under ‘Pseudoscience’. According to the Israeli government, the average Israeli Jewish IQ is 95–and most Israeli Jews are Ashkenazi. Yet which ‘truth’ dominates the media? That Ashkenazi are ‘geniuses.’ (It’s a bit like the mafia claiming they’re only so rich because they’re geniuses. Right, Tony Soprano. Right.)

man watching pol sperg out is always fun

There was a Star wars one awhile back.

I remember immediately trying to make the biggest strongest predator I could make and then watching it eat everything and the ecosystem and everything around it die.

It was pretty educational. Cant remember for the life of me what it was called though.

Wew

prevent every war since the founding of america….

Are you trying to pull the "enlightened centrist/nihilist" meme?

I guess it was shit then.

Been awhile since I checked it out it's probably still shit I assume

I'm starting to think that falling for shit bait is some kind of metatrolling. That, or the people of Holla Forums have migrated to Holla Forums.

Get on my level heretic

Bee keepers do everything they can to keep from harming their bees. Bees don't make as much honey if they're sick, injured, or dead.