Secret World going F2P on the 26th

secretworldlegends.com/news/what_is_swl/

Now, the fact that TWS is finally going the Way of All MMOs shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. What's promising however is their revamped combat system.

Now, a more traditional combat system might sound like shit for any other game but TWS really suffered from it's MMO-style bullet sponge combat. Maybe this will actually be good?

I have no idea what that is.

I was going to see my normalfag (((jeweler))) about the (((talmud)))

Some of the best puzzles/ARGs you'll find, hidden behind a medicore MMORPG.

I'm certainly going to try it out, some quests of this were genuinely great, the combat was just an unbelievable slog.

Ross made a very good video about the original TSW, for plebs who don't know about it.

Aight.

Game will still probably be shit.

You say that like anyone here should know how this jewtuber is.

>I don't know (((e-celeb No.34541)))
Somehow I'll still sleep well tonight.

Literally who

God. He created the universe.

I never cared for it. It looked like a clunky boring mess. Maybe they'll be able to pull off the action combat well.
I'll give it a look then.

Sounds like it's going to be the same combat but with some gimmicks sprinkled on top. Bullet sponges like you said will likely remain, and so will building combo points and expelling them over and over. TSW's combat was boring because the skills were boring. The only neat part of the leveling experience gameplay wise was moving to act 3 and hoping your build is good enough for soloing otherwise shit would get rough. I would imagine act 3 was toned down for babbies.

I also see no mention of moving away from that horrid flash based UI which eats up frames. TERA and Planetside 2 have shitty flash UIs as well but I don't think either one has a UI that kills framerate quite as badly as TSW.

I followed this shit back before it was even fully developed and existed solely as an arpg, still got my old account but barely played it when it finally came out. Got some weird founder shit I guess would be rare now

I didn't even know that was a thing. Jesus Christ how horrifying.

I went back and played TSW months ago and actually had a pretty good time. Some of the later content was really well done and the full storyline through Tokyo was available and could be played solo.

The original TSW is still around for now, although they're trying so hard to kill it they even failed at keeping it on life support for damage control purposes. Yesterday they put a patch out that would update your client to Legends (the F2P version) without fucking asking.
If you already played TSW, then you've already seen all the content. If you're new to SWL, then you'll be stuck behind some Funcom-quality paywalls to do fucking anything. Don't bother.

an extremely good idea and take on a mmo, shines best when you have to actually look up shit for puzzles, blows when it makes it'self un playable with it's shit ui.

I might give a run for a week again. until egypt at least.

OwO new text formatting o3o

what the fuck is that goony shit

$$Does this do anything again?$$

Yes and no. They made some of the hardest missions easier, but they didn't change the rank and file monsters in transylvania.
what they did do, though, was up the AP/SP gain so that you would be OP for Beseiged Farmlands by the time you got there in the story. The later ones were still at least not a cakewalk.
Then Tokyo came after that, and you would definitely get your shit wrecked if you hadn't learned to play by then. Tokyo was really well done, and by the way it's not implemented in the F2P version and probably won't be for months.

Suppose you bought the base game without any DLC some years ago, would you have tokyo and the gameplay changes ?

I remember watching this video, the game looked interesting but I didn't like the writing of the cults in it. Also I remember the game in the video being free when the video was made but whatever

it was re-released as a free game with some new design choices.

I've played the new version. Apparently people who had an account have access to a head start.

Actually, from what I've seen (which is just the first area) most enemies go down in 3-4 hits and the actually attack speed of the player is much faster (or rather the global cooldown is much shorter).

I haven't played anything besides blood magic, fist, shotgun, and hammer, but of those four, three are "build resource, then do something with it." From what I've seen of shotgun (which isn't much because shotgun felt extremely boring to me, so I rerolled after taking it) there is no resource building, just ammo selection every time you run out of shells.

Hammer, blood magic, and claws, on the other hand, do have the resource building part.
Hammer builds up its resource by hitting things or by being hit and spend it all on one hit once their resource is full.
Claws build up their resource by then go into either a damaging or healing state for a few seconds where all of their abilities are replaced by the frenzy state's abilities.
Blood magic builds resources into its two directions (very similar to elementalist from what I've heard) so each healing ability you use pushes you down one direction and every damaging ability pushes you down the opposite direction. The farther you are from the center, you more your abilities damage/heal, but using abilities start taking a percentage of your max HP with each use (also, your healing input is reduced). There are some abilities that will reset you to center when used and will do something extra if it's a certain distance from the center, so in essence a resource spender.

On a somewhat related note, the ability trees are dumbed down quite a bit. There are three ability branches and 5 passive branches. Between each passive you can unlock, there is a permanent stat increase, so in order to get the most out of your character, you will unlock every weapon type for the stat increases. Of course, AP and SP are gained much slower now, so the grind remains, BUT DON'T WORRY GOY, BECAUSE YOU CAN BUY AP AND SP WITH REAL WORLD MONEY! Also, in order to get access to the other weapon trees, you need to spend AP.

On an unrelated note, the quests follow a set path now. Before there would be side quests that would lead you from quest hub to quest hub, but you didn't need to do them in any particular order. Now, you need to do them in a particular order. For example, you cannot get the quests at the church or from the fortune teller until you finish the first quest from the old lady.

Crafting is now about leveling your weapons. So, you sacrifice weapons to level up your current weapons. Of course, doing this requires you to spend a certain currency. This currency can be gained through quests or by finding lore blocks (or whatever they were called) or you can purchase this currency with real world money like a good goy.

As for a concern I had before playing, no, this is not a new game. The story is (in essence) the exact same. It honestly looks like they just redid the textures and other assets, but the dialog and cutscene animations are the exact same (including the terrible lipsyncing).

Well shit, that sounds disappointing.

What's happening to people who already own the game? Are they getting buried in F2P bullshit as well?

The UI got some improvements, and the combat itself got a fuck huge overhaul. New prettier lights too.

The original game isn't changing. It's actually still up and running with no plans to shut it down.
This means there will be two MMOs that have the exact same content as one another running at the exact same time by the same company. One still requires you to purchase the base game to play, no subscription required but the DLC episodes will need to be purchased if you want to play that content. This one will require no purchase and (eventually) have ALL of that same DLC content available to everyone forever.
Why they couldn't just make these combat improvements on the original game, make all of the DLC openly available to everyone and relaunch under the TSW Legends name is beyond me.

That explains a few things.

I had it in my watchlist for a while now, ever since Ross did a video about it. Recently I noticed I couldn't buy or download it anymore, but it was still on Steam.

That's actually kinda nice of them to prevent me from making the possible mistake of buying it while they were planning to make it free.

oh come on it's current year

Huh. Sure is a strange decision but my best guess is that they don't want to risk deleting the old characters or change them to the new system, I can see plenty of dudes potentially screeching about that.

I was in the closed beta and i am in the headstart.

Touted combat system change is dishonest.
Reticle is merely a cosmetic change.
Underlying combat system is the same
Skills over simplified
Crafting removed
Levels added, power gained from levels as well as gear.
“Classes” - Additional weapons unlocked with grind or paying

If you didn't like the game before you won't like it now especially since it's so casualised AND Jewish now.

Just a heads up the headstart is actually available for everyone so you can actually download and play right now. Steamfags will have to wait until July 31st though.

I've wanted to play this MMO for awhile, and I'm enjoying it. The game play feels well enough but the again I rolled Warlock so I just circle strafe & blast magic like it's Serious Sam.
Now on to the Judaism. I haven't delved to deep into the the microtransactions but from I've seen the goycoins can be purchased with some in game currency you get by doing missions & achievements as well as real cash. Said goycoins can be used to buy cosmetics and level up skills faster. Said in game achievement currency can also be used to buy some cosmetics.

You can't download the game right now. Their servers have been down for emergency maintenance and rollbacks for the last few hours and will stay that way for another 3h at the very least. I've never seen this level on incompetence, why can't we just download all the game assets in advance and grab a patch once they're done.

I haven't played today but I made my account on Friday & was playing for a few hours yesterday. The download speed was shit though I just left it on overnight.

It's some e-celeb neo-Holla Forums has a fixation on.

disgusting

I agree.

AND THIS IS TO GO

EVEN FURTHER BEYOND

but the writers were Koolaid chuggers, just so you know

Proof?

Ragnar Tørnquist is the creative director for TSW and also works on Dreamfall, which us preeetty SJW-ish, if I recall correctly.

The main Templar NPCs are Black

Good thing best and funniest faction is the Illuminati which is all white.

Holy fuck when did this happen

I'm pretty sure this shit already went f2p in my original timeline

It went from P2P to B2P and the "new" version is F2P to be exact.

Oh yeah, you're right. It's too bad all mmos are pure shit though.

Have it in a lossless mp4.
Same video as the gif but 6MBs smaller.

Sarah is Egyptian. Real Egyptian, not KANGS Egyptian.

Also the Pyramidion is voiced by C.S. Lee, so he's probably Korean.

I watched enough videos on this game to convince myself not to get it when it was newer, probably check it out now unless it's some extreme F2P jewery.

So white, if you mean the muzzies who occupy it now no there not Egyptian.

There's more shades of brown out there than KANGS, friendo.

I see no problem here

Ah yes I love it when games go "free to pay"- unless you're an addicted whale it is time to move on.

TSW is something of a special case because you can have actual real fun with some of the quests in the game. The MMO aspects can go eat a dick but the writing and atmosphere are solid and worth checking out.

Egypt got conquered A LOT in the past 5000 years. And contrary to what /pol believes everyone does race mixing.

Well shit son, now I can actually try it out.
I've heard some good things about it, but fuck paying for free to play games beforehead.

Oh never mind it's in one month. Moving on then.

It's in one month if you use steam. If you don't use steam it's available right now.

Why would I play anything off steam?
It's 2017.

How do you explain our racial diversity then?

Stop taking the bait.

Ignore the reprobate. Homogeneity is the staple of a successful people, his idea of "everyone" is in fact a minority.

Nier automata is only on steam.

I know, I pre-purchased it to play on day one.
10/10 game.
I deliberately avoided anything related to it to avoid spoilers, so I learned it has denuvo only after I beat it. Pls no bully.

So is it an action game or is it a shitty auto attack + macro generic mmo?

The story is great, the graphics are atrocious.

I also left it running for about 12 hours unattended, when I came back i discovered it hadn't downloaded a thing and was asking if I wanted the minimal or the full install.

aight I downloaded this shit now Im gonna explain my thoughts on it whether you faggots like it or not

Honestly its breddy gud as far as F2P models. I'd rather this than TSW-proper just going F2P. Solid 6/10 I'll probably play for a week and then move on to something else after getting bored.

Does it have cloth physics and dress up? I don't really care about graphics fidelity as long as those two components are fleshed out.

Not entirely sure, never really got anything that had cloth physics. Im gonna say I dont think so though

Yes. Lots of it.

You can unlock clothes for free by doing sleuthing missions, which incidentally are the best missions in the game because puzzles>mmo combat. So if you are into dress up, prepare to feel rewarded.

Combat is meh but it's faster now. Pistols and assault rifles feel slower now. Everything else seems to be on par with what they were before.

i missed a piece of lore in the turial mission (I notices it after I entered the train and the doors closed) will I be able to get it later or am I screwed out of 100% completion? (I mean I will probably get bored of the game after a couple weeks but Im autistic about completion still)

>(((them))) overriding everything (((they))) touch

TERA'S framerate gets a 15fps boost when you disable the UI. Its one of the worst coded pieces of shit I've ever seen in my life. The fucking quest maps are hyperlinked together in an in game file browser.

As a TSW veteran know that it's true and that also investigation missions gives out a shit tons of XP.
But the puzzles are NOT vidya level puzzles they're IRL enigma fan puzzles. Meaning that shit is HARD. It's not undoable or anything, but if you think it's run to the clue-> read run to the solution (fedex quest with a wordplay a 5 year old get) that's NOT it.

I still remember the one in Translavania were you have to elucidate a murder by reading letters and files, that are all in fucking Romanian…
They really do take time, effort and attention to details (but then once you know the solution it's a pretty easy way to get XP, since you can do it again and it's so much faster when you know what you have to do).
Of course you can cope out like a faggot and use a walkthrough… but you're missing what makes that game really nice: taking notes, thinking and trying shit like you're really doing a paranormal investigation…

The UI is entirely made in flash.

(((That's what you think!)))

Who the fuck releases a game without a frame limit now days?

So what's the deal with appearing naked briefly when clothes appear? I can't find anyway to remove pants/shirt so I'm not sure the point.

Is that a mod or game has built-in nudity?

Age of Conan (also funcom)'s nipples are pretty well known.

Age of conan is made deliberately edgy and I had enough of generic grimdark fantasy in my life.
This on the other hand actually made me give it a download after all. I bet there is a mod for invisible clothes or some shit, so I can run around flashing.

Meant to post these.

Yeah I was just doing that one where you have to play music notes from a song, I haven't read sheet music since I was a kid in piano lessons and the game had me researching sheet music just to get some easy xp and a pair of sunglasses. Was pretty fun, didn't really enjoy dying and having to run through the labyrinth again every time I fucked up but it's an acceptable punishment for failure.

I only ever got to around Egypt last time I stopped playing, so that Transylvanian mission sounds hilarious to me. Maybe I'll take the time and play through this game some more and get to that mission.

Professor Tosspot did a review and basically it's complete shit now. All of the loot is randomized, and cannot be opened unless you have the keys, which are only handed out in a very paltry sum each day. Otherwise you have to purchase the game. They also fucked the combat beyond repair, each weapon type now has a fucking obnoxious minigame attached, like your assault rifle blowing up and killing you unless you use your grenade in a specific amount of time, or your shotgun getting a random load of rounds with a different effect each time you reload.

TLD;R this game is officially trash garbage now, rather than mildly interesting trash.

I mean if you want to play a wow clone go play a wow clone.
I read on how it worked and what was changed and on paper all changes sound very good.

As a beta tester, I'll say The Secret World Legends is fucking garbage. The only positive "change" is that the new version omits the AEGIS system. The new "weapon mechanics" are every weapon has a fucking bar that builds up the more you use abilities and then when it gets full, you get a 8-second passive that lets you do extra damage. That's it. All the complexities and the customization of TSW is gone. Also the content has been both scaled down and dumbed down, no longer do you need a brain to do the quests, now all you need is a pulse. They call it an "action RPG MMO" but it's not anything like an ARPG. There's a dodge button, which is also in the original TSW, and it has a 6 second CD on it.

I'm technically not supposed to say this shit until the game comes out, because of an NDA, but fuck this fucking shitheap of a project. Also what they did to the travel hub is a fucking travesty.

Except loot box keys that is, but hey it's a p2w game now.

tsw was never a wow clone, if anything the remake casualized the living shit out of the previous mechanics
release was the 26th, people are streaming the game, nda's over

Ah, well. The email I got told me it wouldn't be out til the 28th.

Ha ha what? It's an inherently casual genre, how delusional are you?

So what kind of combat are we talking here? Is it standard WoW-style "press keybinds like you're playing a piano", or is it more like a TERA sort of action RPG with its gunplay?

I'd rather play a good game, actually. I watched the review and didn't like what I saw. If you enjoy getting nickle and dimed by a shitty MMO with shit combat be my guest, faggot.

Anything is better than another wowclone.
I guess you're just salty you paid for it, got disappointed and now people are getting better version for free.

Having cooldowns on everything killed Tera for me. That's not what ACTION is.

Actually try the game, don't listen to Ross. His "optimized build" is shit.

Honestly, the only reason I kept playing for a while was Elins. Everything else save for the concept of having that kind of real time combat in an MMO was eh at best

Kill yourselves

Kek

BEST FACTION

That's when I knew that I loved this game. Too bad the dungeon keys thing is straight out of Israel. I hope (((they))) change it soon.

Well that was the quickest I've ever quit a game, this is a train wreck and they clearly only care about making as much money as possible, I expect it to die within a month or two with the (((jewish tactics))) they pulled.

Makes me sad to hear the new business model sucks. The game deserved better.

Like, say, a single player mode.

Can you elaborate for the class or are you just gonna leave it at being vague?

You can't limit FPS by forcing vsync with nvidia panel either, whether you run it full screen, windowed or borderless window. D3DOverrider does work, though forcing vsync makes the already tiny fonts in chat and achievement windows a bit blurry.

anything worth buying(speed bonus and inventory space) is purchased with marks of favour which can only be earned by doing daily challenges which net 10,000 per day max.
First upgrade costs exactly 10,000 and then doubles each time.

Stuff on the auction house is traded in Marks of Favour too.
Marks of Favour can be traded with Aurums (Pay 2 Win Currency)
Anything that you buy within the game, skill points, ability points or Marks of Favour can also be purchased with Aurums. Though costly you can max out your character with $$$

This was, and still durrently is, true in the original game too. Although the funbux there is called Funcom Points.

Is that what the Exchange is? I can't check as the game is down again right now. If that's true then that's pretty shitty. That's even more shitty than Cryptic's funbux exchange.

Am not trying to shill or anything, but sadly the time of a sub that gives you all the benefits is over.
we'r now in the age of premium and gated content that must be bought separately, everytime you even think of it.

FF14 is probably the only MMO with an actual sub now, but that game is a snorefest.

yeah thats what the long maintainence yesterday was for and why the exchange is currently disabled, someone figured a ways to bug out the exchange and get infinite Aurum.

And first thing that nigga did was to sell billions of aurum.
Fucking retard slapped a Ban Me sign on his back.

I'm waiting for the steam release, my installer wound up downloading 20 gigs out of 14.

I disagree

How the fuck? injecting vsync into the d3d bytecode is so simple it's basically a flawless proccess. Are you sure you didn't enable triple buffering vsync instead?

I remember being in the beta for this ages ago, then never bothering with it again.

and that's the extent of my experience with it

My character is an asian dude named Bate Ying and his nickname is MasterBate

one day, hotwheels will fix it, one day