Ragnarok thread dead

So how long did the guild last this time?

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.warpportal.com/index.php?/topic/215024-june-28th-ragnarok-restart-restart/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not even two weeks.
Much to the surprise of literally no one.

We're still here. The old thread hit the bump limit and I don't think Logan's made a new one yet.

We've been killing a boat-load of MVPs tonight. Although we're currently struggling with the queen of teleportation; Mistress.

Guild's still hanging on with some regulars. Rather iffy on the chosen server this time but it is what it is. Far as the thread goes, heard Logan would make another in July. Something about them lasting a while, but I figure he's simply busy with other things.

THE BALLS POP OUT OF MY MOUTH

i'm fine
t. without

I recommend not playing on rate lower than 100. Ragnarok is about WoE, and faster you get to that point, the better.

wew lad

So i recently found an old HDD from 2005 and hooked it up on my pc.
Found some 2005-2007 WoE videos.the golden age

Did any of you fags play back when we took Bergel from the Geffen Alliance after one year of occupation?

This. a man that gets it.

a New official classic server got launched today, anyone tried it out yet?
I'm tempted to play on it since I can't stand anything higher than a 1x rate

New (((official))) classic server?
no thanks

Trying it out. Last time I played RO was in 2005. Definitely nostalgic I just wish it was as populated as back then. Prontera used to be filled to the brim with merchants

Supposely that new server is supposed to be a mix between classic server and renewal, I don't know if there is the Eden group, I'm curious about that too

There is a quest for the Eden group. Can't find the NPC for it though.

Well the SEAniggers won't be able to play it so yeah.
Kinda monkeypaw though because they're like 80% of any given RO server's playerbase.

I just talked to a friend whos already playing on the server.
That eden thing that you are seeing is just something they forgot to remove, there is no functional eden group

forums.warpportal.com/index.php?/topic/215024-june-28th-ragnarok-restart-restart/

Also, he told me that the cash shop only has a bunch of consumeables

I can tell you exactly what they are.
>(((DOUBLE))) reset flashpen

pirone here gib invite
ign: Benedict Arnold

According to the FAQ all the cashshop stuff can be earned without spending money through gameplay, which probably means you have to grind for hours to get a 5$ item or so

hit level 80 on my wiz today origins is great when the server isn't telling me to fuck off

That makes it even worse.
If cash shop items were exclusive from player to player then there wouldn't be any zeny value for the item purchased, and of course that's understood by the customer.
Having the item be tradeable however introduces a way for the player to
DIRECTLY BUY INGAME CURRENCY FROM THE COMPANY BY SELLING THE MOTHERFUCKING ITEM AT EXORBITANT RATES.
This adds even more value to the item beyond the item's actual functionality. Yes it's fine and dandy you can farm endlessly to purchase a cashshop item; but here's the fucking catch: the person you're buying it from (The whale that bought the item in the first place.) can go and purchase gear that saves them thousands upon thousands of hours grinding for that same gear.
Not to fucking mention the suppliers being able to control the prices separate from the demand.

Conversely, let's consider then the idea of having a "stat reset item" being untradeable.
The purchaser buys the item once. They reset their build and gain an advantage over the other players: rather than having to make a new character, they can use the same one and save themselves from the grind.
Other players must actively plan out their builds and PARTY TOGETHER in order to achieve their goals. Their builds may be shit by the end of the game and there will be a large disadvantage for the players that must create new characters to autistically min/max.
The advantages stop there.

However, throw in the ability to purchase items that can effectively translate into zeny and you get: Autistic min/maxing whales that ALSO control the fucking economy because they bought a shitton of cash shop items to sell later and artificially inflate.
The game is just ripe for Chinese Goldsellers to flood with bots and autotraders all over again.

The mobile version is pretty nice for chinkshit.

I realize that it's a bad thing, but I get an odd sense of satisfaction out of grinding items that other people have to pay for

Just for the record, the thread died because it autosaged after 300 posts

I have an account there too, but judging from the way you type, we're probably already in the same guild.

Polite sage for waiting for the "proper" thread

wew