Steam Summer Sale Review Thread

The Steam Summer Sale is upon us. Use this thread to review what you've bought, and let anons know if they need to avoid something regardless of how cheap it is. Post recommendations if you want, but we all know no one here actually likes anything.
Rebel Galaxy
-Game is 2D space flight, while every AI ship and asteroid has 3D flight
-Can't specifically disable engines/weapons/shields
-Combat is spinning in circles firing shots until the enemy dies
-Enemies either will never take out your shields, or completely destroy your ship in seconds
-Ships and equipment don't feel different, you're basically just increasing your numbers so you can move to the next zone

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/367270/Angels_Fall_First/
store.steampowered.com/app/517710/Redout_Enhanced_Edition/
store.steampowered.com/app/404540/Nex_Machina/
store.steampowered.com/app/464450/DoDonPachi_Resurrection/
store.steampowered.com/app/250110/Assault_Android_Cactus/
store.steampowered.com/app/377870/DARIUSBURST_Chronicle_Saviours/
store.steampowered.com/app/323460/Raiden_IV_OverKill/
store.steampowered.com/app/314180/Deathsmiles/
store.steampowered.com/app/285440/Crimzon_Clover_WORLD_IGNITION/
store.steampowered.com/app/386770/Caladrius_Blaze/
store.steampowered.com/app/577910/Ghost_Blade_HD/
store.steampowered.com/app/253750/Ikaruga/
store.steampowered.com/app/359870/FINAL_FANTASY_XX2_HD_Remaster/
store.steampowered.com/app/423230/Furi/
store.steampowered.com/app/439490/BLUE_REVOLVER/
store.steampowered.com/app/530890/Haydee/
store.steampowered.com/app/283680/Astebreed/
store.steampowered.com/app/377860/Mushihimesama/
store.steampowered.com/app/450950/Danmaku_Unlimited_3/
store.steampowered.com/app/544580/BULLET_SOUL/
store.steampowered.com/app/418950/DreadOut_Keepers_of_The_Dark/
store.steampowered.com/app/279160/Ultionus_A_Tale_of_Petty_Revenge/
store.steampowered.com/app/416380/The_Hurricane_of_the_Varstray_Collateral_hazard/
store.steampowered.com/app/460630/Trouble_Witches_Origin__Episode1_Daughters_of_Amalgam/
isthereanydeal.com/search/?q=strania#/page:game/price?plain=straniastellamachina
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeTUsXgEqT8jURSuPbJzze1x2-l9P07f6
mega.nz/#!qcVimBoA!JO8xurErQR0tK5nbWumtP90PbRppl38vOHpr9OuOWPE
mega.nz/#!rAMhHILb!ucj-ChP_8S07H_3UtPcBhbRm_gF1wUtenvO9zXoznfM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rebel Galaxy is Dark Star One with broadsides.
It needs more variety in ships too, boosting up alongside an enemy ship to spam broadsides gets boring quick.

Rebel Galaxy was actually just free in GoG's summer sale, so anyone interested in it now is kinda screwed.

Valve Complete Pack was $18 so I can't complain. Not sure if it still is or not.

Rebel Galaxy had one hell of an OST though. I just wish the game was on a full 3D plane, not just for the cannon fodder fighter ships.

So no for Rebel Galaxy then?

Is Xcom worth getting? All the mods I like are on stupid workshop.

Which? Nu-com or Xcom or Nu-com 2?

Nu-com 2. I like a great number of cosmetic mods.

Ah fuck it I'll just wait till the price reaches Nucom 1 range. I put in a bunch of games from my wishlist and it reached a ridiculous price point and now I'm filtering stuff I'll probably not play any time soon, so no Xcom.

This was free on gog last week

RG OST was very good but I didn't like the game at all.

I've had my eye on Endless Legend for a while, and it's finally at a decent price of US $7.49.

Thing is, they're offering the game with all (most?) of its dlc for ten bucks more. I've read that a few (Guardians, Shadows) are worth the money, but it seems wiser just to purchase it all together. Any user know if the rest of the dlc is worth dishing out the extra cash?

Yeah it is, it adds in new mechanics and new races. I don't have the new water one, but I've heard the new race they added there isn't very balanced

Yeah, they're all pretty good
Get it if the price is acessible

The game is kind of hit and miss due to its weird combat system but if that doesn't phase you then yeah 10 bucks for 3 races that are pretty different from the base ones plus the extra quests seems pretty good.

Got BlazBlue Centralfiction because I am feeling animu fighter and Darkest Dungeon DLC

Dark Souls 3 is 24$ right now, I'll throw out a recommend if you like that kind of game. The bosses feel pretty easy even solo, but that's fine, there's enough minibosses/maximinions to bend you over a barrel that it doesn't matter.
I still think DaS1 >DaS3 >DaS2. Haven't played demon's or bloodborne.

Nex Machina

I'm also keeping my eye out on Project Nimbus and Overload even though they're in Early Access, but they're highly promising from what I've gathered, I'm only waiting until my next paycheck before I can finish the deal.

The guy who made Robotron 2084 is involved actually.

Rebel Galaxy is surprisingly good for a game mostly made by just 2 dudes. Get it if you are really in to space shit.

Who gives a shit, consumer whores

user, you do such a good job at fitting in I almost didn't notice you're just shitposting. Keep up the good work.

Please talk more about your shopping adventures, it's super interesting, woman.

I'm very interested in the FoB parts of MGSV and MGO3.
Would it be worth buying Phantom pain for those or should I forget about them and just pirate it?

MGO3 is basically fucking dead due to rampant hackers last I checked. Although in the off chance I did get a proper game it was alright.
FOBs are basically structured like a glorified facebook game except with actual gameplay and are still going strong community wise.
Pirate the game first and see if you like the core gameplay because the FOBs are just more of that except with the occasional scuffle with actual people. Although personally I wouldn't be giving Konami any money right now considering the bullshit they're doing to their former employees right now.

Pirating it is

Okay. I was considering buying Left 4 Dead 2 for two bucks until I noticed I could still get all Valve games for less than L4D2's normal retail of $20. That was a pretty sweet deal when normally the pack would be $200.

As someone who mostly emulates, what are some steam games I should buy?

This looks really good, but it'd take me 10 years just to figure out what the fuck is going on before I even got to get past the first level.

Wouldn't keep it. Pirate for sure, but I wouldn't keep it, nor buy it.

Anything that grabs your eye, really. I play a lot of Source shooters so I can suggest Left 4 Dead 2, Counter-Strike, and Team Fortress 2 (the lattermost being "freemium", ie a couple features like expanded backpack space and trading aren't available until you pay to some extent or other). Half-Life and the Half-Life 2 series are pretty good.

Also Metal Gear Rising, DMC4 Special Edition, Bayonetta. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 has a PC port and because it's moddable you can replace a lot of the godawful techno music. Terraria's fantastic and almost always dirt-cheap, Garry's Mod is good sandbox material though most servers are cancer.

Dunno if Killing Floor 1 is still free on the Humble Store, but it's a pretty good game.

Dunno if folks still play it.

Has anybody played the DLC included in the Batman Arkham Origins season pass? This is the first time in a long time the pass has been discounted, and it's five bucks, so I just wanted to know if the two story DLC in it were worth it.

But what if I only have enough money to buy a few games?

Have you ever considered piracy?

Yes and I have. But I'm looking for games I can't pirate as easily or that might be a bit tricky to pirate.

The game is really fucking pointless, repetitive and boring, the story is forgettable and you can ignore them completely.

This, the game OST is enjoyable to comfily travel the galaxy looting shit.

This, though.

I can get them all for free by just pirating them.

Multiplayer games then? I don't know if lethal league still has a playerbase but I'd recommend that.

I only remember A Cold Cold Heart since I pirated it on PS3, It was nice but pretty short, the Heat Suit is pretty cool. I guess for 5$ it should be worth, but then again I've never bought a game nor DLC in my life.

It is basically Undertale without the shitty fanbase. Good game overall but it is sadly pretty short. Around 5 hours if you run everywhere and explore every nook and cranny. There is a small amount of post game stuff that I haven't done yet but I estimate that is only about another hour or 2 of content. At the sale price of $6 it is worth it in my opinion.

Then hey, go for it. Lord knows I treat Steam sales as "what to pirate" lists, generally.

Apparently Paracuck is Jewing again.

Good point. Let faggots burn their money. But still, is only a good manners to give some advice to them.

Is there ever a time where they aren't going full jew?

Send me a pic of your hottest female relative and I'll buy you a game.

as someone who unironically liked nucom, nucom 2 fucking sucks and is not worth your money. pirate it

Why the hell would I send you a picture of my daughter?

To prove im not buying bots games.

How much have you folks spent on sale at most?

god dammit

Good god. Who are you people and why did you crawl to this place?

Tried a stupid loot bag.
Got lame shit.
Have at it.

It's hard, but try looking up Dark Country.

Colin McRae: Rally is pretty good user.

Jee thanks, user. I feel like I took too many. I will stop now. There are still some left for others I assume.

Got Silent Storm. Pretty fun WW2 tactics game. Lots of different guns and you can shoot through things and by the end of a mission there's retarded amounts of loot on the ground. Has some polish issues, like bad grammar and controls that take a bit to get used to. Solid game, though you'll need a fan patch or the last mission is apparently unwinnable. You can play as the axis or the allies, too.

Also shits the bed halfway through when suddenly fucking mechs.

I'm still pretty early on, but I heard something about it getting weird. I just did a mission where a base got attacked while I was there and the biggest pain in the ass was having to position myself perfectly to throw the commander out of the attic so I could actually carry him out of the house where he was hanging out. I also had to carry out my sniper because I put her in the house after clearing it but she somehow didn't notice the guy crouched right in front of her, while looking at him. Neither did the guy I had clear the house, apparently.

You'll pick up on stuff happening if you carefully read the mission briefings and similar. The game does at least do a good job of foreshadowing it. As for the actual changes to gameplay some find them tolerable, some like a mod that tweaks the major new gameplay element (generally to nerf it a bit) and others like mods to remove it entirely. You can decide for yourself once you get there. I'm obviously trying to avoid explicitly spoiling shit.
Yeh, line of sight can be a bit tricky sometimes, particularly if you've shot up the floors to make holes for dropping grenades down (try that, by the way, it's rather effective).

Oh it's also worth noting that the characters you don't take on missions will still level up. It's generally a good idea to swap out your engineer for one who has auto-levelled because there are few occasions to train their engineering skill otherwise.

Haven't had any missions where I needed to shoot out floors yet, but I did accidentally blow a hole in the base's wall and use it to shoot people. When it came time to deal with the commander I MG'd him from the bottom floor of the house.

Yeh, the destructible environment is the best part of Silent Storm. Well that and using the Japanese scout as an actual fucking ninja (sword + throwing weapons, surprisingly effective if he's levelled).

I only just got a panzerfaust so I haven't seen much destruction yet. Also can't figure out how to actually throw the throwing knives.

You can actually do a fair bit just by firing a few machine-gun bursts at walls.
I think it works like throwing grenades but it's been a long time since I last played.

Holy fuck lads
Steam complete pack is $10
Get it NOW

If I buy the valve complete pack can I part out codes or do they all have to be registered under one user? My brother wants CSGO.

I've never really put more than a couple holes in walls with guns. As for knives, the only option it gives me with the throwing ones is to melee. I really wish some of these guns were better, too. I love the beretta SMG design but I've got access to a bunch that are basically the same, but with bigger magazines. So it goes into the armory and never gets used. All sorts of guns that are just not worth using over other stuff I get at the same time.

I got Axiom Verge. Having a lot of fun to be quite honest.

I found a way to get it $10 cheaper than that.

That's great, see you in game!

to be fair he can play on most vac disabled servers

Seriously, fuck you so hard, Todd.

But which servers even have VAC disabled?

Going by my old experiences with Counter-Strike there were alternative master servers you can hook up to for large amounts of browsable VAC-disabled servers.

I'd wait for the release of the xpac before making a decision. Right now it's literally a reskinned clone of Xcom 1 with timers and less interesting mecs.

Whats some good shit that I can get for cheap

Get doorkickers.

Doorkickers is a glorified flash game

it's in no way "glorified", just the quality of flash games dropped to clickers n shit

I bought Rebel Galaxy yesterday

it feels like an Xbox game that got too feature-creepy for the platform

I'm having fun so far but the game doesn't have much depth to it

Do all Day of Infamy servers run BattleEye? And why do I need to install spyware when VAC exists?

Kill yourself mate.
Why is that even a question? To get you to install Spyware.

The sole creator of that game follows femfreq on Twitter.

You're all degenerates

True.

What?

I have hundreds of hours in EL, and all of the DLC introduce new mechanics and new races. it really fleshes out the game more and i think it is well worth it, especially at that price.

Just never auto battle, and maybe you want to watch a youtube breakdown of how the combat works, because it is not very intuitive, but after you get a handle on it you can plan battles pretty easily.

Valve*
Valve complete pack.
I am retarded.

Only played a few minutes of it since it runs poorly on my toaster computer, despite the fact that I got 2 more intensive games that run just fine. It seems kind of boring from the intro though.

Good fun. Picks up a bit more when you're fighting bigger akrid and the mechs. I wish there was a bit more variety in the weapons and environments, but I think they improved that in the sequel anyway.

Fucking great. Satisfying combat and grills with big titties.

I already pirated this a year ago, so it's at least good enough for me to spend money on it.

I'm a little confused as to why you're searching so hard. The OST is stored uncompressed and playable in the main game install as plain .ogg files in the Music folder. It includes every song in the game, including instrumental variants and the 'light' subvariants for a couple, which largely seem to cut down on the grunge and are slightly quieter. The filenames are minimal, but completely clear as to what is what. I can't remember which ones, but a couple actually have proper fingerprinting showing the artists, although I think the old site had a complete OST list anyways.

Personally, I liked Rebel Galaxy in most all aspects. I only dislike that they weren't able to get more done to flesh out the available gameplay & purchasable chassis, in particular the unavailability of the militia frigate and the pirate battlecruiser, regardless of Double Damage' status as a two man startup with a garage tier studio; they used an out-of-box Kinect for NPC animation motion capture as I recall, the entire thing was made on a less than shoestring budget. And maybe the fact that whenever I would look over the discussions to see if there was any useful information or news- I don't think the devs have time to communicate at all anywhere else- this purple kangaroo furry eyesore would be in literally every single thread. Something about the way it carried itself put me off, I don't know why.

I'm hopeful that the space fighter game they've been teasing turns out well, in any case.

I'm thinking about spending money on:
Are they worth the price, or should I back off? I'm especially wary about KF2 since it's Shitwire, despite having spent countless hours on KF1.

I picked up Grey Goo Complete for under 5 bucks, so I also got the lame OST and the new faction+campaign so I'd consider it a good deal. I can see how some people wouldn't like it too much as unit production times are pretty fucking high, but it's entertaining so far and I'd recommend it for people experiencing an EXTREME THIRST for RTS.

GOG rather than Steam, but I'll post it any

6/10. Basically Sanitarium in a sci-fi environment. Has its good moments, but you spend half of the game reading through PDA entries and many of the narrative characters have saturday morning cartoon villain tiers of writing (not to speak of the fact that everyone on the damn ship appears to be in an unhappy love triangle in one form or another).

Get the free CAYNE by the same devs if you'e looking for a taste.

Essentially a walking simulator with horor elements. Can be spooky at times, but the fact that death is a slap on the wrist (unless you're an achievement whore) means that all the jumpscares are for naught. Interesting at first because of the narrative but something you want to get over with the longer you play. Some bonus points for replayability because certain elements change with every playthrough.

Don't, Tripwire aren't worth your money and it has some of the longest loading times I've ever had as well. I hope you already had KF1, because it's just more of the same grind but this time with sprinting, and the entire game is based around sprinting. Sprint to not die. Not to mention they didn't even actually make the crawlers walk on walls and ceilings and shit.

I actually stopped reading at KF2 in said post.

Don't get KF2 if you enjoyed the first one, despite the devs being cunts the game itself isn't that great, guns feel worse than they did in the first one, most perks are now useless and they decided that the best course of action for adding difficulty is to constantly bombard you with fleshpounds and scrakes in the high level rounds.
The new boss fight unique to KF2 is terrible, the patriarch is okay but it's essentially the same as the first game.
Also loot crates.

Is Revelator still alive on PC? I need a good fighting fix and I was wondering if it was any good and not dead, I would get the new BlazBlue but the port is fucking abysmal.

Thanks for that. Piracy it is.

Ah yeah, so not only Tripwire is shit, but KF2 is shit, thanks for the info.
And Senran, and Turok 2? Are they good?

Senran is what it is. Gameplay-wise, it's functional; there's an online multiplayer mode that I don't think anyone actually plays, but you can still get the achievements for that by playing against bots. If you've never played any of the games, picture a Dynasty Warriors game with smaller mobs and no running around a gigantic map, just small linear stages. It's pretty good dumb fun with ninja lesbians if that's all you're after.

Turok 2 is one of those extremely rare examples of a console FPS that is actually fantastic. Hold all weapons at once (there's like 20 of them), no health regen, big levels to explore with objectives instead of straight line linear shooting, boss fights and some slight Metroidvania style elements, like using a special power you unlock in one level, then going back to a previous one and using said power to find new shit. The PC port runs at a constant 60, has excellent FOV options and it gets rid of the godawful fog that ruined the N64 version.

Senran is exactly what it says on the cover.
Turok 1 2 are one of the best FPS so you really can't go wrong.

Thanks. I might get those games then.

Right now, my list looks like
Any suggestions on what I should change or remove?

Shank 1 is boring repetitive shit worth maybe one play through at best. Never played Shank 2, it might be good. You would be better off just running any classic Beat-em up in MAME or Turtles in Time on SNES.

Shank 2 is worse than 1.

Shank (both of them) are absolutely trash-tier. Get Mark of the Nina instead. Made by the same people, but infinitely more entertaining and replayable, as well as has real variety in gameplay.

Also is correct in that 2 is even worse than 1. I couldn't even bring myself to complete 2 with how much they fucked up the controls, especially the dodging which was perfectly fine in 1.

I did most of my buying during the GoG sale. Shadow Warrior 2 & Banished are the two I've spent the most time playing since then.

Most of the Steam sales are crap but I picked pic related up on a whim and I actually really like it. Its not perfect but for $10 its pretty fun.

I'll probably end up picking up Verdun, the new Resident Evil, Spintires, and maybe a few others.
Also, what is the deal with The Surge? Lords of The Fallen was just awful so I'm skeptical.

Mark of the Nina it is made by the same people and is much better then Shank but it's still not that great or that repayable imho.
it's barely even worth pirating

Alright then. Should I assume nobody's ever heard of any of those other games?

So this is how the industry ends, not with a bang, but with thousands of early access battle royal clones shoved down our throats.

I played the demo of the original game and it sucked balls. It was Newgrounds tier bullshit. Never even knew there was a sequel and never heard of the other games.

IIRC the terrain in Shadow Warrior 2 was randomly generated - how much truth is there to this?

(checked)
it actually seems fun

Pretty good bait user, a solid 7, took me a while.

You should go pick up Charlie Murder and Dishwasher when they finally go on sale. They're great, and CM's given me more couch co-op fun than most other brawlers.

I'm considering Angels fall first since it looks like a good combination between battlefront and planetside

store.steampowered.com/app/367270/Angels_Fall_First/

Anyone here plays it? Any good? Good number of players, or failing that, good ai?

Yes that's a great investment :^)

user it honestly looks fun. I don't play multiplayer games and I don't buy games, but I honestly can understand why its a top seller.

Pretty fun but online is dead as fuck

Every couple of months a new multiplayer survival game comes out on early access after the last one falls out of popularity, and every time it goes straight to the top sellers list. It happened with DayZ. It happened with H1Z1. It happened with Rust. It happened with The Culling. It'll happen to Battlegrounds.

ARK too.

I don't even like that game but if you ever buy games you do it to have fun, not for "investment", i could buy a fighting game with only 30 players and if i like it then i'd be very pleased, fucking idiot.

Well fuck
Not sure what to buy now, honestly the sale is kind of shit

thought about buying Shadow of Mordor
4€ for a arkham style game seem ok to me

Has been for years now, ever since Steam didn't have special daily deals anymore. The flood of Early Abscess garbage didn't help.

So your opinion on these?

Rain World entirely depends on whether you're interested in an ecosystem simulator and the way your interactions change the ecosystem's reactions to you and other creatures. If you just want to progress from one area to the next in the simplest fashion the game is going to be boring as fuck since you can just eat and sleep and eat and sleep and then leave.

Forgot this one. The fact that it's episodic turns me off.

Neoscavenger isn't good, its a pretty linear roguelike where only a 100% offensive build is playable, also it's just a flash game.

Bloodrayne Betrayal is a bit stiff and repetitive but by no means bad.

Dunno about the others

I just got Rebel Galaxy for free from GOG a week ago.

Bloodrayne you can pirate because it's old as fuck, has no multiplayer, and nobody involved with it gets a cent.
Neoscavenger i really enjoyed, but at the end of the day it's a glorified flash roguelike. If you really like the genre give it a try. Honestly i played it for about ten hours but then i just stopped. It's got a lot of variety to it at least.
Hard west i honestly know nothing about, but it looks interesting.

I think you may genuinely be on the spectrum, lad.

Playing it right now. It's alright, but extremely repetitive and grind-heavy, and the combat just isn't fun or exciting enough to justify the grinding to get more perks. One of the core mechanics of the game is hunting down orc captains. They all have their strengths and weaknesses, so you either loot "intel" or find specific orcs to interrogate to reveal the location of the captains and their stats. Some are immune to ranged, some are immune to stealth kills, etc. But the problem is that they just respawn after you kill them, and as soon as you can afford the "unlimited sword finishers in combat" power, you don't even bother with the intel grinding anymore, just go for the stealth kill and if that doesn't work, turn on the power and mash triangle+circle until they're dead. There's no sense of progression as you go along, and you have absolutely no impact on what's happening in the world.

If you wanted Arkham Asylum with bloodier combat, less story, and a (surprisingly small) "open world" where everything looks the same, I guess it's worth the $4.

Alright, thanks for the help, anons.

But why pay four dollars when it's free as well and the cons outweigh the pros?

If you aren't really into that arkham-style combat, I don't think you'd even enjoy it enough that it'd be worth a pirate.

I wonder if the unreal games got any life in them. I'm mostly just looking at 3 but getting the whole pack is actually cheaper.

Refunded.

Speaking of Arkham-style combat, how's this game?

That bundle was $3 or so on gamersgate a short while ago. Might want to check if it still is.

(nice trips you got there)

serious question: Is there a new-ish release that's multi language? I'm a german fag

Steam page says there's language options for 8 different languages including German, but who knows if the latest torrents have that option.

Last time I tried to play Beyond my PC couldn't deal with how old it was and the entire game just turned into busted shapes. It was amusing to play for a bit, with polygons going off into infinity.

Don't see any other threads. I never buy games from Steam sales. Only buy a handful of games per year mostly via cdkey sites. Had a bunch on my wishlist I've gathered up and decided to pony up this time. I redlined the ones I have already refunded. Mostly bought those to try tech stuff like fps or cure curiousity.

Redout store.steampowered.com/app/517710/Redout_Enhanced_Edition/
Nex Machina store.steampowered.com/app/404540/Nex_Machina/
DoDonPachi Resurrection store.steampowered.com/app/464450/DoDonPachi_Resurrection/
Assault Android Cactus store.steampowered.com/app/250110/Assault_Android_Cactus/
DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviours store.steampowered.com/app/377870/DARIUSBURST_Chronicle_Saviours/
Raiden IV: OverKill store.steampowered.com/app/323460/Raiden_IV_OverKill/
Deathsmiles store.steampowered.com/app/314180/Deathsmiles/
Crimzon Clover store.steampowered.com/app/285440/Crimzon_Clover_WORLD_IGNITION/
Caladrius Blaze store.steampowered.com/app/386770/Caladrius_Blaze/
Ghost Blade HD store.steampowered.com/app/577910/Ghost_Blade_HD/
Ikaruga store.steampowered.com/app/253750/Ikaruga/
FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster store.steampowered.com/app/359870/FINAL_FANTASY_XX2_HD_Remaster/
Furi store.steampowered.com/app/423230/Furi/
BLUE REVOLVER store.steampowered.com/app/439490/BLUE_REVOLVER/
Haydee store.steampowered.com/app/530890/Haydee/
Astebreed store.steampowered.com/app/283680/Astebreed/
Mushihimesama store.steampowered.com/app/377860/Mushihimesama/
Danmaku Unlimited 3 store.steampowered.com/app/450950/Danmaku_Unlimited_3/

Also looking @
store.steampowered.com/app/544580/BULLET_SOUL/ Made by phantom breaker devs?
store.steampowered.com/app/418950/DreadOut_Keepers_of_The_Dark/ I funded their initial kickstarter and it was shit.
store.steampowered.com/app/279160/Ultionus_A_Tale_of_Petty_Revenge/ Pirated this ages ago, killer soundtrack
store.steampowered.com/app/416380/The_Hurricane_of_the_Varstray_Collateral_hazard/ Chinese quality?
store.steampowered.com/app/460630/Trouble_Witches_Origin__Episode1_Daughters_of_Amalgam/ Chinese quality DeathSmiles?

What other games am I missing that I might be interested in?

Any opinions on Crypt of the Necromancer? Couple of my friends recommended it and I need something good for my craptop

It's actually really good and challenging. I bought it really long ago though.

Slow progression, but very fun. Make sure to get some of the dlc soundtravcks

Check out Strania, Mecha Ritz, RefRain, any Astro Port game (Gigantic Army kicks ass), Eschatos, The Tale of ALLTYNEX, and Devil Daggers.

isthereanydeal.com/search/?q=strania#/page:game/price?plain=straniastellamachina I want this but no sale wtf

People said the same about the first Turok PC port but it's on sale for 5 yuros now, just wait another year

Hard West is actually pretty good
The only complaint I really had was lack of replayability

Maybe it's because I grew up with these games but I don't mind paying $15-20 for some of the best titles in their genre just because they're old.

So what's the Mad Max game like?
Just a fallout ripoff or is it fun?

It's really not that great
It's a combination of some of the arkham combat and far cry open world tower stuff

The only good part of the game is the vehicle combat and that gets old pretty fast

Again, on the subject of arkham combat, how is Stories? Is it any good?

Open-world checklist collectathon with meaningless car upgrades
It's meh if you can overlook that, absolutely terrible if you're sick of that type of game

No idea m8

nigga what kind of cardboard box you livin outta?

I might not buy some of these games, Darkest Dungeon has some bad reviews recently and I don't know much about the game. FFXIV seems popular now, but I've never played an MMO RPG before and I haven't played the free trial, and I don't like monthly subscriptions if I don't like the game (how much is it?). I was planning to buy a $3 game for my left over money from a gift debit card. The rest I want.

Darkest dungeon is an amazing dungeon crawling game, but it's difficulty upsets some.
Try the demo before throwing money on an morpg

do you just not know how to torrent, or what, jesus.
and ff14 is set up so you can play until lvl 30 for free, and if it's your first MMO you'll either play for a month before you get there or (more likely) you'll get bored and quit

should I buy the latest Gay Sex? What about Dishonored 2, or Dark Souls 2?

There are more people playing dark souls 1 than there are playing dark souls 2
If you want it for the plot just pirate it.

DS2 is shit

is DS2 bad or something? What about the other two games I listed?

Subpar as fuck. Avoid it.

Its super bad and the reasons for this could fill another thread. Just rest in the knowledge that it is objectively bad, and everyone agrees on this.

I don't really care that much for dishonored, personally. I played the first one because i wanted a good thief game. The game advertised morality but it rubbed it in your face worse than the deus ex endings of "push button, receive moral" and the gameplay was fun but once you unlocked teleportation, the game was basically over. 2 looks like it's more of the same in gameplay, and storywise it's feels like it's going the same road bioshock infinite went to. Again, i couldn't care less for dishonored 2, so maybe all my conjectures are wrong, but eh.

I might torrent Ori, but I want to support Hollow Night and Sonic Mania. Also is there any differences betwen the pirated version of Darkest Dungeon or the rest of the games?

You mean the retarded amount of grinding while getting fucked by rng along the way? They artificially bloated the length of the game to ludicrous degrees.

Darkest dungeon doesn't get updates too regularily, so as long as you grab a torrent with the latest dlc you should be golden.

Darkest Dungeon isn't that great, it's got a super shitty RNG system and no fun allowed devs

Is it really that subpar that it's not even worth 4 bucks?

Interesting, what about Mankind Divided?

I found it boring enough to quit on the third level. I'd recommend pirating it and seeing for yourself.
If you really want arkham combat I suggest looking at Shadow of Mordor, The First Templar or Hand of Fate. The last two look like ass, and are clearly low budget games, but both were really fun to me.

Is Hollow Knight any good? Seems user on here generally have a good opinion of it. Is the keyboard controls ok? Worth 10$ or should i wait for a better discount?

Developed with help from the same people who brought you Sarkeesian. Pass.

Hand of fate is entertaining; it's obvious that the combat scenarios were a second thought to the main core but it's not a huge chore. The deckbuilding being the literal dungeon you go through means you can scum out the progression. It's very entertaining.

Augment your preorder today/10

I've played a small bit of it today and I don't see what the big deal is. It seems to me like it's a very standard 2d game with a decent artstyle. Usually I stick around until the first boss with metroidvania games but here I couldn't even get that far.

It's about as dry and boring as the scenery.

Okay, other game I bought this sale is Slain: Back From Hell. Soundtrack's good, game's pretty to look at, and the mechanics are pretty solid. I like it a lot so far.

Is pic related worth it?

It's a point and click adventure, fam. Rare is the point and click that really stands out of the crowd. Just watch some gameplay, and if you think you can handle listening to that guy's voice for like two hours, then go for it.

Exactly why I didn't request a refund.

READ NIGGA READ.

pirate it. it seemed like a cool game until it misleads you to buy an item that allows you start doing your own mapping AND THEN YOU FUCKING NEED TO KEEP UNLOCKING NEW MAPS ANYWAYI'll probably install it again to finish when I calm down

I gave Capcom some shekels today. Should I feel bad? I kinda feel bad. I understand if we can't be friends anymore.

Since it's the original Dead Rising I think it can be overlooked. It can be our dirty little secret, no one needs to know.

So far I only bought Momodora RUTM and finished it in one day. It's really good but really short. I say it's not really worth current price, would be better at -50%.
Still I'm a huge weeb and sucker for combat-oriented metroidvanias so I don't regret.
Great fucking art and music.

I'm eyeing Hollow Knight but seeing how it's more about movement and exploration I'm hesitant.
Are there combat-centered metroid clones out there besides Momodora and Valdis City?

Rabi-Ribi

I played that and didn't like the combat. It's floaty somehow? You don't feel impacts your hits are supposing to make. I ain't saying it's bad though, I only played it for like an hour.
Anything else?
How are shantae games? Are they combat-focused?

I'm really tempted.

Wtf it's a 3D movie mate, just watch it on youtube.

Wait is there not decisions and choices I can make?

I think not watching sjw propaganda movie at all is the best decision you can make there.

you are railroaded into a pro SJW plot that has very light time travel so you can do everything forever like that stupid anti gun scene.

Yea they are alright. Haven't played in a while but from what I remember they are pretty combat focused.

SHITLORDS WATCH OUT

Easiest way to describe it is low budget Journey in mega structure from Blame!.
And I must say it was good. Puzzles were very often about light which means limiting your vision which sucked but never were hard enough to really be a huge problem.
Where it shines however is in mega structure. It was pure madness that also felt like living place. There are weird creatures inside of it, you could see humans like you were here some time ago. It had great world building.

Yeah it was great. If you like Blame! or hated Antichamber, go for it.

How long did it take you to finish it?

3h, unfortunately I kinda wanted more of it. Especially for 3-4 euro.
Especially because there is no reason to replay it unless you will run in into VR or want to make sure you find all dead-end secrets.

Well since I didn't even read blame! yet I guess I put it off for now.
I want to fully appreciate it if it's so short.

here. let me save you some time.

There are, but the final choice is either rewinding time to the very beginning of the game making everything moot or letting the town you live in get destroyed by a large storm, in other words the choices don't matter.

can someone tell me where the final stream is for the last episode?
I've looked and i can only find the ones until the last episode
And from what i hear the final stream was the best

Whats wrong with traps?

It's literally a shitty cuckchan meme

You're incorrect user
3D traps are a cuckchan meme, there isn't a single 3D trap that has ever been convincing
2D traps on the other hand are real

thanks user, i redeemed battelfied 4 and it worked surprisngly. Thanks a bunch and i hope you have a great week!

Somehow this years sale is worse than last years. How the fuck is that even possible?

There are few convincing 3ds

I'd say no to all three.

Valve ruined their own concept

I've noticed the site hasn't really been crashing this time, that's a bit telling.

Day of Infamy, yes or no?

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeTUsXgEqT8jURSuPbJzze1x2-l9P07f6 ?

So, you have a source on that image or what?

That only covers the first 4 episodes
They had a stream with the fifth where one of them gets uber drunk and someone orders them pizza and they don't pick it up?

Its not very clear, but if you type in Trap trap on exhentai its the first to come up

You're right, I thought the playlist had the 5th episode but it's not even on his channel. That's weird, he wasn't dead drunk like during the Rev 60 stream.
I wish there was a way to watch the Revolution 60 stream again, he was so drunk that he couldn't even articulate anymore.

Still couldn't find it. Thanks anyway.

Yeah i looked it up
For some reason nhentai gets it though if you quote it

I was looking for these games, can I get you thoughts?

looks pretty good, was unsure about it being a " long dark" kind of clone, but is more of an adventure focus
started seeing Sips playing and got more into it, stopped not to get my balls ripped off and spoiled

I want to like this so fucking much, Shadowrun was one of my favourite early games and I just love the cyberpunk setting
got the first shadowrun returns, and it was alright but not great, and simply lost interest, but did they improve on this one? (80% off is pretty cheap)

The game is a lot tighter in terms of combat and the story, I still don't think it's that great
The devs are massive faggots who don't deserve your money

It incredibly fucking boring gameplay, story/lore, and challenge wise. The nemesis system is really the only thing good about it.

You should refund it on principle since the dude cut almost every interesting feature and left it a broken, abandoned mess. If they had offered refunds back when I first bought it, I'd have fucking refunded that shit in a heartbeat if I knew how it was going to turn out. The guy pulled the indie kike trick of selling the shit out of a pre-alpha, and then using said funds to work on a completely different game.

The Nemesis System is pretty interesting, but the only way to make the game even remotely challenging and interesting is by gimping yourself of upgrades. Even then, the game just gives you powers that make the game far too easy for its own good.

Dragonfall is just Returns but better, although instead of every class except a Rifle wielding Street Samurai being essentially useless (as was the case with Returns), you're, lets say, heavily incentivized to be a Decker in this obviously with 3 points in rifles, since full-auto just shits on every other weapon type and only requires a fraction of the karma investment, as there is a metric fuck-ton of decking required and the NPC deckers are trash-tier at best.

Like, the story's interesting enough to keep me engaged, and I don't mind the combat, but the control itself is so stiff.

I really like Dragonfall and HK, Mages, and Snipers can wreak havoc on virtually everyone. I'd advise turning Eigar into more of a CQC shotgun based character with a bunch of flashbangs stocked on her.

Blitz is fine as far as NPC's go.

Blitz is terrible compared to a PC with Decking, and considering how much extra Karma you get thrown at you for having a PC with Decking, it almost pays for itself by the end, so you're able to build a ridiculously good Decker that rolls everything, without making any sacrifices to your combat effectiveness.

Darkest Dungeon:Dungeon Crawling :: Choose Your Own Adventure:Novel

How are the Darksiders games Holla Forums?

1 Is kind of a darker edgier Zelda with slightly better combat, 2 is much less interesting and worsen the combat from 1 while adding fucking random loot drops.
I'd say 1 is worth a try at the very least, 2 is only for the people who want more and are okay with the additions and badly exploited open world.

the main character kinda ruins the atmosphere, and the game is short, but decent

1 is great, 2 is terrible and should be skipped. If you want more after you play 1, just NG+ it on Apocalyptic Difficulty with your Abyssal Armor.

Quick guys, red pill on this game,
I saw it pop up a couple of times than not much talk about it being not as good,
anybody tried it yet? seems cheap enough

Also, can somebody diffuse me from buying this game,
I've played it enough, and while I spent hours on 2, I can't stick to game with 3,
although I still think the game can be quite good

and its paired up with Patrician 4 on a bundle, though that one has an even worse reputation for bad sequel…

it's shit

gay

YOU FUCKING NIGGERS GET OUT AND KILL YOURSELVES, IF YOUR GOING TO USE THE EXCUSE YOUR REALLY LIKE THE OLDER GAMES AND ACTUALLY WANT TO OWN THEM GO OUT AND BUY A FUCKING HARDCOPY YOU FUCKING NIGGERS GODDAMN YOU DONT EVEN OWN THE GAMES WHEN YOU USE STEAM YOU STUPID FUCKS, I ALWAYS KNEW MOST OF 8CH WAS FULL OF RETARDED CHIMPANZEE DICKS BUT I NEVER THOUGHT THEY WERE DUMB ENOUGH TO WASTE MONEY ON THIS SHIT.

It's summer, user, just wait for the massive wave of braindead faggots to blow over.
Still 2 more months to go.

So they should buy AAA multiplayer games?

Bought Rabi-Ribi.

Good metroidvania, plenty of content. And just like any other metroidvania, there's tons and tons to explore.

Around endgame the bosses get really soul crushingly difficult and long to defeat, in fact the extra boss takes 40 minutes.

Also… It's got anime girls.

so whats your fallback excuse in 2 months when summer is over? i guess reddit/SA/tumbr again

Pirating aside, are there any games good enough to buy? I recommend Snake Pass, absolute comfy-tier. And being 50% off you can't go wrong.

Steam doesn't actually have many good games and even if they're good sometime the makers are undeserving. See: deus ex, just cause 2, trackmania. Good games by absolute jews
Anyway
There are more but those are the ones I care to state while watching anime.

Your reinforcements will be gone by then nigger, and you can go back to pretending everyone is a shitposter.

DS2 is fine if you know what you're getting into. Watch gameplay of it and if it looks good to you get it. I personally like the game for what it is (not really Dark Souls but sort of like a Chinese knockoff) and so do many other people.

I know there is still this "roguelite" fad going on, but are there any good ones? Preferably with good combat and aesthetics? Something along the lines of Baroque?

Personally I'll just save and bring up (You)r post when appropriate.

Holla Forums, Holla Forums, etc.

I'm just gonna tell you right now, if you want a Steam rogue-lite with aesthetics that stand up against Baroque you're gonna come out disappointed. If it's not quirky and sarcastic, it's anathema to the indie scene. And honestly, in terms of combat I'm a little disappointed with what I see too. Like 90% of the store is either top down shooters in the style of Isaac or Nuclear Throne or else they're side scrolling platform rogues like Rogue Legacy or Spelunkey.
I like Heart&Slash myself, it's like a character action game with voxel Megaman Legends looking graphics, but I will freely admit that it's not for everybody. It's kind of broken.
Maybe Necropolis is a good choice, now that they had their big content update, but I can't be arsed to check for myself. Or you could try Dead Cells, I guess. It's not 3D, but the combat is still alright. I'd suggest you look at Vagante too, but that one's not on sale.
Alternatively worth looking at if you're willing to prioritize "decent rogue-lite" over "good Baroque-like combat": Enter the Gungeon, Hand of Fate, Captain Forever, or Sky Rogue.
I'd say check out Nuclear Throne, but Rami doesn't deserve your money.

Literally outta fucking nowhere.

I got Homefront The Revolution because I wanted a game where I could turn my brain off. I only have 4 hours of game time but so far :

Game was completely broken when it came out and sold almost nothing.
For some reason devs didn't abandon it, fixed all the bugs, and then released a story DLC that makes the main story make sense.

Really surprising, too bad it was too late and everybody already had moved on.

Not to forget about the easter egg in the prison level.

Why didn't you pirate this?

Not that it would have been any better than any other shitty open world game.

Are Trine games worth it?

Uh you lads do know that you can pirate like 95% of the games on Steam, right?
Right?

No tell me more

How? How can you get games for free?

What is this 'piracy' you speak of?

I think he's talking about some black market in Somalia or something.

Rain World is fucking excellent, good choice.

Bloodrayne is only a few cents, pick it up either way.

I will be honest: I think the biggest thing preventing me from getting Shadow of Mordor is the fact that I know the final boss is a goddamn QTE. That shit just sours me in a powerful way.

How's Pit People, though? I've liked Behemoth games so far, and I had some decent fun when I pirated it. Think it's worth like 11 bucks?

I have it. Bought it on release because it sounded like something i would heavily enjoy. It's shit. It literally plays itself. You don't need to be around for anything to happen. Let me explain:

You need money to do anything. You need to buy items from 1 port and sell them to another to make money. You can set up an automated schedule to have your ship travel from port to port buying and selling pre-designated items of your choice. Then you need to wait 2 hours while the game plays itself to make enough money to buy more ships, weapons, etc. in order to take over ports. Then let your ships automatically trade between ports for another 5 hours before you have the cash to begin building your own port town. It has a 3rd party launcher and registration (kalypso). It's just boring and nothing like what they make you believe it to be.

I really enjoy it, but its mostly just a insurgency reskin

Just beat Shadow of Mordor, and while the final boss "fight" is a QTE, I can tell you that 95% of the regular combat is essentially one big QTE as well. Once you upgrade retarded shit like combat brand (permanently mind controls enemies while giving you a bunch of your arrows back) and lethal shadow strike chaining (spend arrows to teleport-instagib every non-boss enemy), it's 100% a brainless QTE.
I wouldn't.

Majesty is good.

Xenoauts worth it?
I couldn't get into the original xcom

Anyone play Death Road to Canada?

looks like indie stuff, but the dev is still updating it, it has good reviews, and I have a survival crisis Z itch that needs to be scratched…

Bought rain world expecting to possibly refund it after giving it 2 hours if it was shit. Instead found something that really appeases that "mostly unscripted" AI fetish I have. Ecosystem simulations really get me going, is there anything else out there with this level of AI action that isn't just ways they attack the player?

What exactly do you mean? Give some examples.

meh

I'm not anywhere near done with it but encountering new creatures in this game is giving me a ride
Been a while since I got so freaked out over vidja.

Buying Fallout was a good choice. Bethesda deserve your money for projects they had no part in.

Yes. It's in the share thread if you want to try it before you buy.

it's x-com with a modern (and good) UI, and an actually fun air combat part

unfortunately, I wouldn't call it the true successor to xcom, you could just DL OpenXcom and get mods if you like

care to find up that link? haven't found it in the thread or bins
specially if you got the linux version

I'm eyeing E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy, it's at $4 ATM, worth it now or should I wait?
Also looking at From the Depths, which is at $6.

Some games are a pain in the ass to pirate, either because they're too obscure and/or DRM and/or have multiplayer.

FTD is unfinished, and will remain unfinished as the creator did what most shady EA devs do and started working on a second game long before the first was finished as soon as the sales started drying up. If you really like what you see, it could be worth it, but don't buy it expecting that it'll be completed with the promised features delivered.

EYE is pretty okay as a coop cyberpunk serious sam. Solo, it's nothing special.

Just so you know, E.Y.E.'s been sold at one dollar before. Lots of times, in fact.

Not for over two years now. Those prices were back when Steam still did flash sales.

It's shit way earlier than that, the moment you get the ability to create instant combos is the moment the game combat collapsed.
Some enemies are immune to stun, so you use the stun ability on some weaker enemy and the instant kill on the tougher ones.

EYE is excellent and worth every cent. Don't wait to try and save $1.50.

He's lying, it's shit. Try Battleborn instead.

Randy, that noose isn't going to tie itself.

Did you know there was Battleborn rule 34? What a shock.
Buy my game please

Another jew is losing their sale for jewing.

So anons give me some recommendations in non-shit games by non-jews, specially ones I can play on linux.

I picked up D44M and it's alright. I probably would've felt gypped if I'd purchased it on release for $60, but for $15 I think I got my money's worth. The campaign was fun, plenty of variety in weapons and enemies, and the levels were pretty expansive. Not as huge as some of Doom 1 and 2's levels, but let's face it, that's never going to happen again anyway. I probably won't touch multiplayer much if at all and didn't even think to purchase the DLC since it's not on sale and horrendously overpriced for what you get. Also haven't delved much into the Snapmap stuff yet.

It's better than Doom 3, but that's not saying much, even if I do have a bit of a soft spot for it that mostly comes from using a co-op mod and LANing it up with a couple friends many years ago.

Most of magicka's DLC is cosmetic and unnecessary.

A few skins have special bonuses and penalties, but the base wizard skin is all you need.

New content DLCs are Vietnam, other side of the coin, the stars are left, and both dungeons&.

No idea about 2.

Here's two
mega.nz/#!qcVimBoA!JO8xurErQR0tK5nbWumtP90PbRppl38vOHpr9OuOWPE

mega.nz/#!rAMhHILb!ucj-ChP_8S07H_3UtPcBhbRm_gF1wUtenvO9zXoznfM

Picked up Subnautica. It's amazing. Incredibly detailed world, lots of stuff to do, and quality dread I've not felt since stalker. It's a unity game and has unity cancer so you'll need a decent rig to overcome its performance problems, though. Hasn't crashed on me yet, but be aware it doesn't seem to autosave.

If you want the best experience, do not google anything about the game or read threads about it. It's heavily based around discovery and if you know where things are and what things do you'll spoil it. It's nearly impossible to even read a wiki page about an item without spoiling a bunch of stuff. Also, try as hard as you can to never die - treat it almost like you're playing hardcore but keep in mind it's early access so you might run into bugs you should savescum over. Have self-control - it's the perfect game to play blind and pseudo-hardcore as the tension gets unreal as the game progresses and it forces you to do a lot of research, planning, and prep which the game has been designed for.

Day Of Infamy YES

My nostalgia for the mp of CoD III rom the xbox 360 might be involved.

If you get it, make sure to tweak the console commans to make it gorier.

Got it for free, not pirated, not gifted. GOG had it as a freebie during its sale.

I have a couple copies sitting in my inventory, post your steam and I'll add you tomorrow

What do you guys think of this one?

I got Riff Racer. It's fun, but it's buggy as hell and there's no .m4a support in the current version because it supposedly crashes the game. It's a definite pirate before you buy.

Looks like I've got some cash to blow on a different game instead. What should I go for, Giga Wrecker? Smashing The Battle? Voodoo Vince? De Blob?

enjoy, and another, try not to full in as if yet,
try to wait till full story is finally released

i just want to say, thank you user
may the thread rip in peace

the collections 5 Britbongerinos on sale
haven't got it already pick it up

don't

There is a reason why no one talks about buying stalker.

Lemme guess, original developers are dead?

Might as well be. Everything goes to sergei's ferraris.