Wikipedia has a whole article on soviet photo censorship. these are a set of photos used as an example

Wikipedia has a whole article on soviet photo censorship. these are a set of photos used as an example.

Am I the only one who thinks the the picture WITH Yezhov looks like the fake? Examine Yezhov's outline closely and compare with the water in the background. it just doesnt look right.

To my non-forensically trained eye, it seems as if the picture WIHTOUT Yezhov is the original and the one WITH him if the fake.

Am I the only one who thinks this?

This would support the American rhetoric of "evil communism" if the original photo is indeed the one without Yezhov

I was under the impression that it was much easier to airbrush something out of a photo than to airbrush it in.

seems reasonable.
But Yezhov still has an outline around him not found on any other person in the photo

It is fake as fuck.

Even I could photoshop Yezhov in better than that

totally my point.
but these photos were made before photoshop.
Its not unreasonable to think that this picture with yezhov has imperfections in the forgery

In other words, you don't actually know what you're talking about and this is all baseless speculation.

this.

besides, who even gives a shit?
what's wrong with people to think forging pictures like this is the essence of all evil?
it's the most non-issue in all of antisoviet propaganda.

The contrast is much higher in the second photo, meaning the first has more image data. You can't add image data by reducing contrast. That's not just a principle of digital photo manipulation, it's a principle of physics. It's the same reason you can't zoom in and enhance like CSI. I don't know the source of these images but look at the borders. Pay attention to the flags on the roofs and the building on the right side. If the border on the second pic was part of the original photo, how did the edit include parts of the flags/buildings that the original cropped out?

Pic related, I tried adjusting the levels in the two pictures to resemble the other. You can do it one way and get a similar effect but the other way you lose too much image data.

Personally I always thought it looked like they cut out a photo of the guy, superimposed it on the original photo (left in OP) and took a photo of that photo.

Fuck.

Nice

You dumb kiddos, you just don't know, when the Soviets declared somebody an enemy of the people regular citizens would go down to the local library to scratch their photo out of books and old newspapers with a key, Soviets definitely censored people out of existence and the picture in the op is one of the more sophisticated examples.

What's your wisdom on the subject of the holocaust, fashie?

Source?

But wasn't the Soviet Union not REAL communism? So why does it even matter?

Yall are paranoid.

Read a book.

Any suggestions?

The issue here is that the water is fucked up. that looks like it was altered, and the outline around Yezhov is probably to due with that alone. Maybe the water level was dismally low, so their airbrushed it in, or maybe the sun reflecting off the water looked awful, so they painted it in. idk. go ask RIA Novosti about the original.

what was the point of Stalin airbrushing this photo instead of just destroyng every copy they had and pretend it never happend. was this photo really that important

This looks like a shop. I should know. I've seen quite a few shops in my time.

Read Bordiga

On the internet? That can't be so!

This one sums up Stalin's whole life really.

yeah im sure america didnt have some means of photo editing before we had adobe

huh? don't you mean the opposite?

I like how that last guy's hair style changes from swept back to a middle part.

There used to be 5 guys in the originial

Made me lol.

Rewriting history is far, far more powerful a weapon than erasing history.

but the photo dosen't really show off something significant.
it could have been taken any day at any place.
he could just have taken a random photo with himself on it and claimed it was taken that day

you forgot you shitposting leftcom flag Mr satan

Honestly, I'm not sure what is going on here or why does it matter. Yezhov wasn't good person. People didn't want him remembered. So they decided to remove him from people's memory.

Specifically about picture - I am no expert, but the one with Yezhov should be real. There was a movie made at the very same time photo was taken (opening of Moscow-Volga channel in 1937, IIRC) and Yezhov was present there.

The point is to displace the original version as the "real" one on public record and the collective consciousness. He wasn't just adding or subtracting to history, but throughly rewriting it.

As for the relative unimportance of that photo, well reqwriting history requires quite a bit of fine-tuning. You can't just forge a few hallmark documents. It involves the adulteration of millions of details and minutiae.

Damn, that's really sad.

They all have a thin white outline where they meed the water

He did dreadful things, but given the life he had, it's hardly surprising

Dr. Pavel, I'm NKVD.

What's with the hand inside the coat pose that so many world leaders and prominent people throughout history have done in pictures.

Illuminati? But seriously wtf