Mighty No. 9 Thread

So today marks the one year anniversary of the game's release. It's pretty clear it wasn't worth it, but was it really better than nothing? Also post MN9 memes.

Honestly the game wasn't so bad gameplay wise. You made it look like its a biggest flop in the industry, when it was a solid megaman clone.

It's been a year? Holy fucking shit, time flies.

… Though this probably needs to be updated now that Yooka Laylee also flopped…

I saw your other thread, you son of a bitch.

It did not. Conman pocketed all the money beforehand, so it was mission fucking accomplished for him.

You just hate it because it's Japanese, goons.

It was painfully mediocre gameplay-wise, had completely ass stage design, and bosses that ranged from annoying to boring to infuriating.

Heheh, I tried to do my best impression of the usual "weeb sees someone disliking his game".

What a shocker.

how nice , summer is here

^_^

Anyone who didn't give up on it after the obviously fake mockup image and the forum bullshit deserved it to be honest.

time for goonposting

Ahem… off the top of my head

I'm sure there's plenty more. MN9 was far from "fine." There

wew

If anyone wants to make a 55 minute webm, go ahead, but I'm gonna post this here.

The worst part about how energy tanks work is that they only help players who are already good, making it completely pointless.

no one should care about this gay fucking game to be subjected to 55 minutes of anything about it

People are saying they enjoy Mighty Gunvolt Burst. Is it any good? The original Mighty Gunvolt bored me.

Yet you're on a MN9 thread that will probably last an entire day faggot

this

this seems to be its greatest sin. it wasn't
FUCKING AMAZING 13/10 ZOMG!i!
so everyone took a shit on it. also, it's not my fault someone paid them $3.4M too much to make it

Are the azure striker games any good?

dubs thread?

I'm here to goon post, goon

#MyresTwitter is the only good thing about twitter

They're better than MN9, that's for sure.
They actually have some things in common with it. Like Mighty No 9, you airdash a lot. And you don't kill enemies by shooting them - you shoot them to make them vulnerable, then do something else to kill them. Unlike Mighty No 9, however, Gunvolt makes doing this fun. It reminded me a lot of the Megaman Zero series, in a good way.

Also reposting the Vivian level because why not.

that swf is pretty gud
I guess I'll pirate Azure soon. Thanks user

Good stuff, makes me feel bad about nodeving

Why don't we better talk about where Inafune might have spent these 4,5 million dollars?

Gianna Hos also has good soundtrack by Chris Huelsbeck.

Call E was more superior than Call F

Bitch, the game actively wastes your time, the enemy placement is beyond retarded, and the abilities you have don't lend themselves well to an average encounter.

It wasnt bad but there were loads of annoying design choices. Like losing E-tanks on death, bosses regenerating health, the dash to kill mechanic, the nonstop constant chokepoints in each stage, and Call's stage was the worst.

It wasnt bad but there were loads of annoying design choices. Like losing E-tanks on death, bosses regenerating health, the dash to kill mechanic, the nonstop constant chokepoints in each stage, and Call's stage was the worst.

ikr?

It's been one year and they still are trying to port the game to the consoles and handhelds they promised and deliver those rewards.

That Red Ash anime kickstarter that was also government funded hasn't come out yet. They had the voice casting back in May. We'll have to wait and see how that turned out.

LIKE AN ANIME FAN ON PROM NIGHT

I fucked that up hard

There's a reason why it took them so long, they ran out of money.

>tfw i'm craving for some pizza right now

The announcer dude wasn't wrong since people are still anal assimilated by that line
Seriously how many people are fucking crying over their prom night. Did it really strike a nerve with you that badly? if so can I get a story time

Kind of funny off all those games, the new shantae game was the less mediocre

When is the tv show coming out?

is it still coming?

It's anime stylized game inspired by anime shitting on it's primary audience, anime fans.
It's stupid more than insulting and is on the same train of thought like DmC marketing.

No one's butthurt. It's just an astoundingly bad bit of marketing. It's like if Sonic advertising said "you won't avoid this game like you avoid furries". You don't outright insult a good portion of your main playerbase unless you want to lose sales.

Man, If I knew then what I knew now about backing shit up..

It wasnt bad but there were loads of annoying flight plan choices. Like not being able to bring friends, masketta men trying to steal my prize, Dr. Pavel who said nothing, the nonstop hired guns who didn't fly so good, and the Big Guy(for me) was the worst.

It wasnt bad but there were loads of annoying dubs choices. Like checking dubs on death, anons regenerating dubs, the dubs to check mechanic, the nonstop constant digits in each thread, and user's dubs was the worst.

Hookers and cocaine, obviously. Sure as hell didn't spend it on the game.

Maybe feminist community managers are expensive.

They're not that expensive if you use up your hookers budget on them.