Neumann left

HEY LISTEN TO SCOOTER! THE NEXT BORDERLANDS IS GONNA BE SHITTIER THAN MY SISTERS BRITCHES.

*all

they still haven't announced BL3 after battleborn flopped harder than burch's marriage

Burch got remarried to an ugly dumpling so BL3 might be a wonderful train wreck.

But borderlands 1 wasn't good.

It was an incredibly promising game with a ton of potential that only got to be mediocre because the gameplay and writing ranged from decent to trash.

I still say that if a somewhat competent studio got their hands on the Blands universe we'de have a top tier game.

borderlands 3
Featuring: Exponential exponentially scaling weapon stats and playtesting only done with legendary gear
Enjoy even MORE SHITTY GRIDING BECAUSE SOMEHOW AFTER NOT COMPLETELY FUCKING UP WE CAN'T SEEM TO STOP FUCKING UP!

source?

At this stage, even another studio would have to reboot the series. They might be able to get away with leaving BL1 in tact, but BL2 and on is completely salvageable. Plot is a distant second in terms of importance, though. Above all, nothing would be as exciting as seeing someone else tackle the core gameplay concepts in ways that aren't shit.

I don't think they have the money to develop BL3. Hopefully Gearbox gets reduced to shitting out mobile games.

Randy would just steal more money

Fuck, I meant unsalvageable.

2 letters, big meaning difference

It says a lot when the best Borderlands game is by Telltale.

They'd have to rework nearly everything gameplay wise. Not tying damage to level, more active abilities, loot that actually differs so you have a reason to use anything but legendaries. Using STALKER's gear progression as a base would probably work better. Slapping RPG stats on a shooter doesn't work.
They'd also have to scrap everything that happened story and setting wise past the first game. Ignoring the stolen artstyle, I liked the Mad Max thing they had going initially, but they really fucked it up the longer the series went. The DLCs is when they really started rolling out the lol-so-randum bullshit and the second game has nearly nothing in common with the first. Didn't even bother looking at what came after since that trend seemed to continue.

Considering how incompetent Gearbox is, the IP might go to someone else once they go bankrupt. But I wouldn't bet on that it goes to someone who knows what they're doing. Chances are someone like Bethesda is going to buy it off them.

Borderlands was always shit, child

That's the thing, the talent of the first game isn't relevant since they never had the mettle to do anything with the damn thing. It was a mishmash of crap with plenty of ill-executed or straight up infuriating stuff that didn't know what it wanted to be. Say what you will about 2, at least it knew it wanted to be reddit and ran with it.

Why would anyone want to be something so terrible?

Because Gearbox isn't very smart.

I'm curious how borderlands 3 would pan out if Butch went nuclear. What if he wakes up from his cuck coma?

Maybe he'll make the new enemies into rapefugee analogues that you'll have to purge?

Burch isnt on the team this time from what I hear. It still wont save it.

He works for Riot now. The only way he's freeing himself from his cuckoldry is by fellating a 12 gauge.

They killed scooter and introduced an sjw tumblrgender robot.

Is it possible for him to go nuclear ? I'm pretty sure he's completely gone now.

Its good to know its going to have a better story, lets hope they make the gameplay fun.

You're right user, Burch truly is the peak of writing talent. Fuck all of the worldbuilding in the first game, I fucking love memes and forced diversity shoved up my asshole.

Post your face when the game will still be the same no-fun allowed, DLC 4 DAYS, maximum grind, minimum reward bullshit- - but at least it won't have sarah silverman tier humor.

user, NONE of the original writers are going to work on the next bolderlands game >implying they have the shekels or the man power to do it, not even burch, so at least is going to get better writing quality.

He is more full of shit than he is right. He can fuck off and die