Souls thread

Since the other thread is already over 300 posts.

Can we have one Souls thread without people shitting on Dark Souls 3?

Can the hate meme against DaS3 drop dead?

Please.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1WagY0KJ7dc
youtube.com/watch?v=A5ysdm5JN94
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1 - other thread isn't on page 13
2 - what the fuck do you think is going to happen if you plead for people not to criticize das3 in your OP two threads in a row? In fact, if I was a das2 loving cockmongler, I'd probably do just that so as to appear like less of a fag comparatively.
Sage.

1 > 3 > DeS > 2

Deal w/ it

I'm a simple guy.

Anyway, I'm replaying DaS1 right now up to Ash lake, and yeah, I really think DaS3 is better.

The enemies in DaS1 do feel pretty boring to fight after DaS3.

Almost. Swap DeS and 3. 3 is inherently garbage because of no poise.

Yes, yes you are.

DeS has no poise, it uses the same hyperarmor system as in DaS3.

Also, replaying DaS1 makes me want to replay another classic, Gothic 1+2.

the whole step attack and flank enemy strategy really remind me of Gothic.

And fucking Mount and Blade.

I just realize these games are similar due to the weight system and slow combat.

But it was the first game. And had much much better magical items.

Poise was a direct improvement and balanced PvP that is why DaS1 is still the best for PvP.

Why are DS3 fags so fragile? 2 was shit because it went through development hell, 3 is shit because it was designed to be that way.

Poise seriously slows the game down and is not very well-balanced.

Hyperarmor works fine as a substitute, since poise mostly works when you attack anyway.

I think the problem is that Dark Souls 3 isn't shit, user.

it's a good game, and arguably better than 1.

This is how I know you aren't very intelligent. Rather if you were (you're not) you would have used your brain and thought about poise being on heavier armour and taking up roll speed and endurance % that is why it is balanced.

I can tell you were never part of a DaS fight club and your "opinion" isn't worth a damn as it is ill informed.

Because they are stupid. DaS3 is garbage price gouging rubbish.

But I know that, the matter of poise is that the slow ass movement speed hinders you.

DaS3 is better balanced because even with poise, you aren't super slow like in DaS1, so the advantage of Dex build over Str build is lessened.

That's the trade off. More armour and poise = slower movements, slower stamina regen, more stamina consumption. It added variety to the builds and play styles. DS3 is just Bloodborne 2.

The trade off isn't worth it because dex build is both fast, can do damage well and can have a shitload of HP as well.

There's a reason dex build is king in DaS1.

Nah, you can be defensive in DS3 way much more than BB, if anything, it's Demon's Souls 2, and that's a good thing.

You can have a mucho variety build in DaS3 as well.

But this doesn't kill my enjoyment of DaS1.

I think it's a very good game with very tight design, just that DaS3 improves on it.

The fact DaS1 lacks gem that can increase modify scaling is also a blow, this is feature that was in DeS1.

Found the shitter.

Stupidity proven yet again. The point of "building a character" is lost with the removal of poise. Your equipment choices don't matter on DaS3 and 2 it is just DPS race.

In DaS you had to think about equip weight and weapon poise damage instead of just retard R1 "duels", this is why serious PvP never went past DaS1.

Also another thing that was fucked up completely on DaS3 was the summoning/invading ranges DaS had this right because it just used SL.

Use your 'brain' and look at this perfectly tuned character build. This is something that cannot exist in DaS3 because your choices do not matter. Character building does not matter and the PvP does not matter.

*Laughs into your face*

I can be a retard too fuckface.

Lot of words for dex build is king in DaS1.

Seriously, poise hinders the metagame of DaS1, there's a serious problem with STR characters have to rely on backstab to damage opponents.

Also, what's so "cool" about that build?

You are using the falchion, one of the easiest R1 spam sword in the game.

I would have more respect if you have something like a Black Knight greatsword, which is very easy to parry but damaging in DaS1.

Wow! What an amazing and unique build! I think it's really cool how you just spam R1.

You're right, there is so much variety in DaS.

We know how that play style goes…

I feel my I.Q getting lower with each poorly written zero thought reply you give me.

Strength builds are good because they have higher poise damage and very good move sets.

I don't think you ever played DaS1 PvP did you. It is worthless for me to degrade myself talking to a person who has never experienced the game they are trying to argue against.

The Stats.

This gets punished in DaS 1.

Oh, we started out with a completely heterosexual OP
Oh wow, what a great thread this is going to be. It started out quite strong.
OP is so macho he greets people at parties saying "PLS DONT MAKE FUN OF MY FAT AND MY ANIME PILLOWS"
He goes to job interviews without making eye contact, telling the interviewer that hiring him would be a grave mistake.
Damn what a good thread this gon be

I hope Mr Proofboy A. Utismo comes to save the thread soon.

But Str build is actually viable in DaS3 and dex build is king in DaS1.

That was the meta.

No, casuals will over be butthurt over removing their easy mode crutch.

As a player who has only ever done str builds: DaS1 was not bad for str, I could take down any dex guy if I had the right mindset. DaS1 was beautiful in that timing your attacks against dex guys was key and your movement was to be precise.

DaS2 was good too for str builds but not as satisfying as DaS1. DaS2 was a great time for int builds. Then rolls DaS3 which was so bland I couldn't finish it.

That's my two cents.

Can I shit on bloodborne for having mediocre combat but decent design (in everything but sound because "HEY LETS HAVE EVERY ENEMY SCREAM CONSTANTLY" gets old fast)

It's a horror game, screaming is good for horror games.

DeS, BB and DaS3 are the best games for STR builds, since while you attack slowly, your movement is not impeded.

This user gets it. Playing a heavy strength build versus a light dexterity build meant timing your attacks to hit them during one of their swings or when they are recovering from a roll. As a heavy build with tons of poise i could take a hit, not stagger, and catch my opponent in a stun lock they may or may not be able to get out of. Playing a slower moving character also meant being more thoughtful and deliberate with my movement. With some fancy footwork you can get behind a lighter build trying to back stab you and punish them with a back stab of your own. And when in doubt against a light build simply cast TWoP and start swinging. I find that not a lot of folks on xbl anyway don't recognize what TWoP is until it's too late. Miracles in general compliment heavy strength builds very well to be honest.

You are still gonna your shit wrecked by a good dex build, especially a guy who knows how to parry (str weapon's worse sins are that they are super telegraphed).

Heck, even in DaS3 where you can be fast STR guy, you are still gonna get rekt by a good dex build.>>12864486

DS3 PvP would be 10x better without straight swords and quickstep.

Meh, nowadays straight sword scrubs get their ass kicked by greatsword scrubs.

Well you're going to be in for a rough time against anyone that knows how to parry well regardless of their build. Using Curved Greatswords however is great to throw off anyone that likes to parry as they have an odd move set and not a lot of folks seem to use them so parryfags aren't used to going up against them. However i find myself playing heavy dex builds in DaS1 to get the best of both. Good heavy armor to take a beating but quick dex weapons like the Great Scythe or my personal favorite the Shotel for fags that turtle. I still really enjoy using the Greatsword however for the sheer damage output it has when it connects.

I really shouldn't be talking about heavy vs light or str vs dex though; since my preferred tactic is to simply shit pyromancy all over whom ever I'm fighting until all that's left is cinders and ash.

This is how dark souls 3 was meant to be played.

nah

no dark souls
you are the armored core.

That exactly what makes it gud, u fckn casul.

fuckin tell me about it, i pirated the first dark souls and played the christ out of it, i bought dark souls 3 and played the online and i had a ridiculous amount of fun

Armored Core in my Dark Souls? More likely than you think.
murakumo operator a cute chromefags suck bioweapon dick

Didn't we just had this thread ?

yes but people weren't done discussing

1 = BB > DeS = 3 >>> Depression Quest >>> 2

Dex is king in all three games.

Keep a GFS on switch.

Dex/Pyro is objectively the best build in DaS. BSS+SKS or GS with GC/PW/BF attuned. Heavy armor is shit though, ain't got time for slow rolling.

how often did people actually use the weapon arts in 3? Maybe it was because I just stuck with one weapon and the art wasn't that great but in general they seemed pretty useless beyond the ones that give a temporary buff

Knock it off already. Your autism ruined the last thread.

If you're a PvPfag, it's almost required in order to be gud. People spam heavy arts like there is no tomorrow, and smaller weapon arts get spammed in between the R1 spam when there is an opening.

Yeah, this is a pretty good assessment.

DeS by no means is a bad game, but its rough around the edges, very unpolished, still a solid game mechanically, its the fledging form of what would be much better games to come.

I think the main reason people hate on Dark Souls 3 is because they hyped it up too much in their head. "MUH MIYAZAKI IS BACK" and instead of getting something that was going to do something new and break their expectations, we got a nice safe retread of all the other gameplay concepts that other Souls games had done with minor new things thrown in.

In terms of combat, Dark Souls 3 is probably the best. Its either your nostaligia glasses or your hipsteritis that prevents you from seeing that. Dark Souls 1 combat against mobs revolved around, shield up, wait for an attack, circle to the back, backstab, this is undeniably the meta for combat in the original Dark Souls. Dark Souls 3 tries to encourage you to use your weapons moves, albeit that most of the times it end up as just "just spam r1 really fast", but it at least makes the effort. You can use big weapons to knock mobs down, long weapons to just poke and out range enemies, etc.

Dark Souls 3 fags are pathetically unaware.

Just because you turtled behind a shield in DaS1 doesn't mean everyone did, m8. And I like DaS3 a lot. This is just a bad point to make.

When will people make an easy mode mod for Dark Souls 3 already?

The entire fourth paragraph is so fucking retarded, it hurts.

What's the best souls game for playing an archer build in?

With Simon's Bowblade, probably Bloodborne

Have you played a souls game?

I was going to say the same thing.

Your an idiot.

Not the way I played. I simply stated the meta. I remember any time I would do coop the average person would just fish for backstabs.

I dont see how I am wrong. Dark Souls your most effective move is the back stab. Dark Souls 3 at least tries to take a page from BB and encourages you to attack with your weapon swings.

Wew lad. Are you actually retarded or just pretending?

Explain to me how a broken, unpolished mess of a system in Dark souls 3's combat, is somehow the best in the entire series. Poise is non-existant, enemies move faster than you do to an almost comical degree, they have poise and you have hyperarmor, you still have animation locked attacks and input buffering.

So tell me, how is 3's the best in the entire series? By the omission of poise, and the inclusion of hyper armor as your only source of tanking even a bitchboy punch, those alone make it the WORST in the series next to DeS.

Beaten all of them, looking to start a new run, understand that archer has never been and never will be optimal.

With bloodborne I'd be concerned about how early I could get to the bowblade. I wouldn't want to be something for half the game then switch. Never got the DLC either, probably should.

merely a (((coincidence)))

The already mentioned Simon's Bowblade in BB. DEX/BT build and you'll likely need runes to have extra bullets as well as gain bullets with a visceral plus blood bullets, otherwise you'll be playing very conservatively with your shots. Some enemies drop bullets but the max amount you can carry is about 30 (20 default + 5 from a rune + 5 blood bullets).
DaS3 probably gives you the most mileage thanks to the weapon arts and ability to perform shots after rolls. A DEX build with Composite Bow for lock-on range rapid fire, Pharis Bow for distance sniping, Onislayer Greatbow for damage and a crossbow (maybe Avelyn) to alternate with the Composite Bow for engaging enemies up close. This provided you want a pure archer build.

You can enter the DLC after beating Amelia but that shit is designed for endgame builds. Not saying you can't tackle it at around Lv25-30 but it's gonna be a struggle. Then again, you can also get it by killing Simon so you don't have to fight the bosses.
Alternatively, buy the Lost/Uncanny versions on the chalices (glyph 8i29rqz3) but they're likely in the deepest Pthumeru.

So I've been recommended to play DaS1 by a few anons because the only souls game I played was 2 and I wasn't a big fan although I got far enough in the game.

However, I only play on PC and I don't have a controller. I cannot find a single fucking torrent for the game that's a steamworks version, which is the only version that will work with DSFix. I cannot fucking find any DSFix for 1.02 either, it's vanished off the face of the earth, and so it seems my only options for trying to play DaS1 is to deal with absolutely wretched PC control scheme (which is nigh unplayable), or to buy the game from Steam, which I really do not want to fucking do considering I won't know if I'll like it and even though my rig is powerful I don't know if there will be any major issues. The horrendous mouse control and sensitivity is already a massive red flag, and for some reason all torrents I can find of the game are for the GFWL-bypassed version.

The bowblade is in the final level of the DLC.
Alternatively, you can defeat the wolf lady, go to the DLC and murder the NPC who gives it to you.

There are other criteria for evaluating the game as a whole.

I like the the way the combat of Dark Souls 3 plays out over enemy encounters. You are using your weapons moveset, and not just relying on backstabs.I find it fun, in fact I have more fun going through the areas of Dark Souls 3 because of it than I did in Dark Souls. I still however think Dark Souls is the best of the series for a variety of other reasons.

I never really used poise in Dark Souls in the first place. Poise relies on you taking a hit and trading, which is only really applicable in PvP scenarios because as is for NG+ runs of Dark Souls you dont want to get hit by enemies as most hits will obliterate your health bar. So its exclusion from this game really didnt effect me, there are more Souls games without poise then there are with poise.

I really don't see it. I never found an enemies as a whole to be too fast. The only one I could think of is the Rapier Corvian knights from the "not" Painted World, those guys are just horribly designed.
Now if you said the multiple enemy encounters, I would absolutely agree and its a design blunder on the part of Dark Souls 3. The encounters where you are forced to face multiple enemies are cheap, unfun, and just encourage you to do cheese tactics to get around them in most cases.

Again the game wants to play more like Bloodborne, they want you to be attacking more often rather than blocking. I also dont remember encountering any enemies that were too obnoxius in the pose department. Most would stagger in two hits.
"animation locked attacks", What ? I think every video game in existence has animation locked attacks. You do the animation, it counts as an attack. Also I am pretty sure all the Souls games have input buffering.

If you've played as an archer in these games and enjoyed it then you probably know more about it than me. Does anyone really care what's 'optimal' in souls games?

Don't get hit then you fucking shitter.

Neither of those options are better than just not playing it at all.

The enemies don't have poise in DaS3, and they don't actually move faster than you.

This is why Dark Souls 3 is balanced, you are as fast as the enemy, and are capable of tanking the same damn hits as the enemy via hyperarmor.

You're forgetting about the unlimited enemy stamina, that's unbalanced

Stamina cost is decreased in Dark Souls 3, you can do way much more shit before getting exhausted.

Not to mention the past games have enemies with super duper long stamina bars anyway.

There are reasons why STR build in PVP almost rely on either the rolling attack or backstab because those are hard to parry/cannot be parried.

Or the launching attack of the black knight greatsword, that's pretty good too.

Winged Knights
Darkwraiths
Hollow Manservants
Cathedral Evangelists
Black Knights
Cathedral Knights
Corpse Grubs
Pus of man
Cathedral Grave Wardens
Mimics
Smoldering Ghrus
Silver Knights
Drakeblood Knights
Giant Serpent Men
Gargoyles

Probably forgetting a bunch, but there's a ton of ridiculous poisefag enemies in 3.

The knight enemies are easily staggered, try again.

They can take Ledo hits without a guaranteed stagger. They're absolutely poisefags.

Also I can already tell you're 5288ba from the last thread. I can't wait to watch you shit this one up like you did the last one with 52 fucking posts of your autistic screeching.

I don't disagree with you entirely re: poise but the one I immediately know is that the Giant Serpent men basically had a 2-hit stagger when I just replayed it. Not sure if the argument is that they take two hits before staggering or what but that's my take on this enemy

They are easily staggered with multiple hits.

Also, fuck you fag.

At least I'm not autistic screeching over a fucking game, git gud, faggot.

Poise is a baby handling mechanics.

For the sake of argument, I'll say that anything that takes more than one Great Club 1H R1, or 3 consecutive Longsword R1s is a poisefag. I'm not against them entirely, as I think they're great opponents to 1v1, or even the rare 2v1, but the problem is when they're thrown at you with other enemies that the combat starts to fall apart. That was probably my biggest issue with DS2 as a whole, especially the DLCs where they'd repeatedly throw 3+ highly damaging enemies with a ton of poise at you at once. It's less of an issue in 3, but it's still obnoxious and encourages the use of a highly limited set of weapons.

Heh, knew I had you pegged. You write like a stereotypical teen redditor, and you stick out like a sore thumb. You don't belong here.

Hate to break it to you, sport, but the game is garb. If you let that or anyone else stop you from enjoying it though you're a faggot. Not that it isn't obvious you're a fag already.

A lot of the enemies on that list can be easily countered. A lot of them are also highly susceptible to parries and backstabs. Also, you can just charge R2 against a few of them and chain them into knock downs.

Also Pus Men are meant to be minibosses type of enemies, I would expect them not to stagger easily. Same goes for the Gargoyles, they are massive, non humanoid enemies.

Giant Serpent men and Serpent men are very good examples of bad enemies however. They are just a cluster fuck of bullshit. The dagger one that staggers on every hit and that asshole with the Chain that has impossible range are just garbage. Those are really the only enemies on that list that I would describe are a chore to deal with.

You certainly covered all your bases champ. You're a fag for wasting our oxygen, but you're also a fag if you're so weak that you kill yourself by suffocation. Psssh looks like i win this round kid :^)

Waaaah, can you p-p-p-please stop hating on my favorite Dark Souls game?? P-P-P-Pretty please, mister user?

Go fuck yourself, faggot. You niggers did this to yourselves by deepthroating Miyazaki.

Excuse me?

The great club is built so that it can hit a lot of enemies at the same time, and multiple times.

Heck, that's a big strength of STR weapons that few dex weapons have of.
Wrong in either games, DaS2 and DaS3 both encourage the usage of different weapons. Meanwhile, it's DaS1 that encourage you to go dex build while STR build is severely hampered due to the speed loss.

Why? Because I don't autistic screeching about a video game.

But the game is good, and it's only hated by a bunch of DaS2 fags who screech about anyone who happens to say anything positive about it here.

How is the game "garb"?

In this thread alone, it seems the haters are the ones who can't git gud over an incredibly fast action game.

It was never about difficulty and flexing to autists about how good you are. It was about giving you many tools and ways to achieve goals with an interesting and interconnected world. Throw in many NPCs which are interesting and unique and you have a great game which is loved by many. Fags buying into the DARK SOULS IS THE HARDEST GAME EVER meme has done too much damage to the series, to the point 3 is just exhausting to play because even the developers and creators gave into it.

But 3 isn't all that hard and it offers you multiple tools to achieve the game.

It's just harder than Dark Souls 1.

How the fuck is 3 "exhausting" to play? It's less of a slog than Dark Souls 1.

Because all the enemies are fast, have lots of stamina and lots of poise. It isn't fun to play when everything is like that.

But it's fun to outmaneuver them and beat them, because despite all that shit, their HP is low and they die in a hit or two. Same as you.

I like how these threads are always just the same 2 guys defending DS3 and the same 2 guys defending DS2 fighting each other over and over and over and over as they become less coherent and more autistic, kind of like the story to DS really

I'd say

BB > 1 > DeS > 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2

Well, I do play games.

And tbh, I am just waiting for Code Vein or new Armored Core so we can have something new to talk to about.

The only reason I even bother with these repetitive, shit threads, is because there are no vidyas to play.

Perks of having exhausted nearly all possible avenues of play.

I found DaS3 completely unfun and linear, as well as having little variety between builds or weapons since you always get weapons the same way and quick weapons with some reach are the best to be used. They also gimped miracles and spells which I liked to play too. And they ruined covenants like they did in DaS2 but worst because they somehow made it so level dependant in a lot of areas that some covenants died within 10 levels like the wolf covenant. I dont see any reason to play the game twice, and I regret my purchase.

I don't see why anyone would still be playing DaS3 at all when it has combat so similar to bloodborne and not the other DaS's. You could just play Bloodborne which is objectively better than DaS3 and so similar to be almost an exact experience.

Having nothing to do so you argue with others is not a perk user.

Miyazakis dream has finally been realized. Dark Souls threads have become cyclical.

In fact, Mark should just stick a Dark Souls thread, make it cyclical and leave it there a few weeks as a meta commentary of these threads and the games theyre based upon.

I've only played the game through once, and I do not regret my purchase. Don't get me wrong, it's by and far my least favorite Souls game, but I got 100 hours out of it, so I can't complain.

The fuck are you doing, faggot?

I just woke up so i'm still a little addled and took a bit before I got it all out there.

Wrong. I have never been in these threads before, save for the generals when actual discussion of the gameplay were taking place.

I just pointed out a few points on aspects of DaS3 that I like and got attacked by the autistic screecher for it. I simply am fairly neutral on Dark Souls 3 as a whole, I could see why people dont like it, I didn't like it after my first playthrough, it let me down. But as time wore on I kind of accepted it for what it was, a rehash, it was a safe farewell from Miyazaki. At least it wasn't an abomination like Dark Souls 2.

I'm fairly certain the ringed city was originally supposed to be Londor, based on the concept art.

DeS > 1 > 3 = 2
you know it to be true

As much of an "abomination" that DaS 2 was, at least the devs actively tried to deviate from DaS, and not rehash it like they did 3. For that they deserve more respect than Miyazaki does for creating a dull and drab goodbye to the series.

LITERALLY the only redeeming factor about DaS 3 is The Ringed City. That is it.

1>DeS>Bloodborne>Scholar>3>2

This is the only acceptable answer.

You're already sounding like that DaS3 fanboy from last thread. The cancerous one. You're not fooling me cuckboy.

1 > 3 > DeS > 2, I haven't played Bloodborne so not sure.

also, BB = DeS

Here we go with the a typical DaS2 fagging.

And no, DaS2 rehashed a lot of shit in DaS1, and it actually look worse.

Buy an xbone controller. Buy DS1 during Steam sale. It goes for around $5. This series is 5x better with a controller than keyboard and mouse.

I'm sure that the DS3 hate comes from the increased difficulty. I know that when I replay DS1 the game is a cake walk no matter what build I use. DS3 actually provides the occasional challenge every now and then.

3 > 1 > 2

DS1 = DeS = BB >>> DS3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>eating bird shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DS2 = SoTFS

And on the same engine as DS1 too remarkably, which even now holds up graphically I'd say (aesthetically, framerate and physics are pretty fucked). I don't know how they managed to make it look so much worse, even the beta version of 2 wasn't anything to write home about.

I recommend you kill yourself, you inept retard.

inb4 DaS2fagging and the invetiable but DaS2 uses a different engine!

Some bosses in DaS2 are straight up rip-off of DaS1 except worse looking, like chinese bootlegs.

I, disagree.

Only thing that was fun about Dark Souls 2 was the PvP and you had to use Cheat Engine to keep playing it because of the anti-fun bullshit that encouraged the creation of Havel Monsters who could cast spells to make themselves completely invincible known as Soul Memory. That being said, I had a blast doing Dark Souls 2 invasions.

Every thing checks out.

Also.
Nioh > 1 > BB > DeS > 3 >>>>>>>>> 2

I don't care what you rank.

DaS2 rehashed a fuck lot from DaS1 and made them worse.

DaS3 "rehashed" shit from DaS1 and made them goddamn better as in giving the "rehashed" contents more movesets and better graphics.

I don't know how anyone could argue DS2 is on a different engine, it factually is not. It's the exact same engine. I actually didn't realize just how much DS2 ripped off 1 until later on other than the obvious shit like notOrnstein, and people complain that 3 steals a bunch. I think half of the environments and shit in 3 are beautiful, other half is boring and uninspired, like farron keep and the catacombs which just reused assets from Bloodborne's chalice dungeons. Irithyll is still the best looking area in the series though.

Nigger, you realize you're on an imageboard right?

Nothing DaS3 rehashed from DaS1 was better. Even their dual weapon movesets from 3 were shit. Magic was shit compared to spell casts, bringing back a DeS mechanic noone wanted. The levels were less interesting, the rehashed covenants were HORRIBLE, etc etc etc. DaS3 fanboy spotted.

Fuck that was supposed to say:
Nioh > 1 > BB > 3 == DeS >>>>>>> 2

Do you realize where you are ?

Clearly you don't care much for reading comprehension either.

Welp, that secures it then. You ARE the autist from the previous thread. Looking through your 19 posts in this thread, I don't know what took me so long to realize it.

God damn you are pathetic.

The fuck? The bell gargoyles in 3 was better than 1.

I don't think there's a single element/weapons/enemies brought from 1 in 3 was worse.

kill yourself

Your whole point of DaS2 being trying to be "different" than DaS1 is wrong, wrong and wrong.

DaS2fags jut conveniently forgot every bosses and enemies that DaS2 rehash from DaS1 because DaS3 actually rehashes DaS1 too.

Objectively wrong, you just don't know how to use them.

No they weren't. They were less interesting and spastic while regular gargoyles were interesting and had a feeling of working in concert.

'no'

I enjoyed them about the same. After hearing people rant and rave about how good Demon Souls was, I decided to borrow a PS3 and play it. It was good, but not nearly are great as people said it was.

Dark Souls improved upon it in every way.

What the fuck does that mean?

The gargoyles in 3 look better and have a more varied movesets.

Location wise, their fighting spot is very similar, being a top of a cathedral.

Nice, he's been spergin' out from the first post. This will be a good thread

Just wait for the DaS2 fag who will sperg about how DaS2 uses a different engine than the rest of the series.

It means the gargoyles are shittier in 3. Their attacks are either plunges or super fast retard shit, instead of properly choreographed attacks in 1, where if you fucked up you'd be hit! But could take on multiples with proper planning and skill.

in DaS3 they just go fast and use basic lunges and drop down attacks. Theyre far less interesting in 3. Even aesthetically they look shittier and more broken down than their original counterparts.

We are all sperging, son.

Except I have actual facts and arguments on my side.

No you don't.

Yeah, like all that hot evidence from the last thread?

Yeah, they are worse because they attack faster, instead of doing hugely choreographed moves that you can easily avoid! No, that's fucking wrong. Fast enemies are more challenging and interesting to fight than molasses.

Look-wise, they look older, but more beastly.

You be the judge.

I judge you an irredeemable faggot that needs to kill himself.

"Okay".

Can't even call this a rehash based on how different they look.

The whole point of DaS being good was that enemies attacks were choreographed so that you could learn their methods and overcome them. So while they might be difficult the first or second try you could defeat them by way of adaption. Fast enemies are a crutch to try and make a poorly thought out opponent difficult, same as throwing adds at a player, or ambushing the player. The difference between DaS3 and DaS1 is that 1 made well designed enemies that were seen as difficult by having some difficulty to them but being fair in that if you fucked up you'd be punished but you could easily avoid the fuck ups. 3 avoids this by ramping the speed up on enemies to make them seem difficult when their movesets and ai was programmed worse than 1, and made to be cheap rather than well designed. A good example being those furry fuckers from the swamps who could practically one shot you by jumping on you and often ambush you. Or the gargoyles they made to try and overwhelm you quickly with massive damage.

figures you'd choose the worst possible DaS1 gargoyle representation.
DaS1 gargoyle is 10k times more aesthetic and funner to fight. DaS3 a shit. A SHIT!

Come on, that's not the whole point of DaS1, that's a fucking flaw.

There's no reason why enemies can't be fast, and you can't be fast too, it's good for both parties to develop good reflexes instead of just pattern memorization make easy due to slow movement.

There's a reason people prefer Ninja Gaiden over DMC3, because the NG enemies actively try to kill you.

You're awfully defensive of worst Souls game.

He's been proven wrong every thread and refuses to admit it or learn from it or even to entertain actual rational arguments. You're wasting your time.

But that's not DaS2…

DaS2 is not a bad game, but it's a badly designed mess, compared to everything else.

Had me at "fast enemies are a crutch".

Git gud.

I'm saying his "effortposting" is bullshit.

The guy just needs to get better with the game i.e. maneuvering and flanking.

DaS2 and DaS3 are both shit in their own ways that make them nowhere near as enjoyable(if at all) and have the end result of little to no replay value unless you are a giant fucking faggot.
Why does this thread even exist? Why is OP such a fucking cuck?

The world may never know.

And I'm saying you need to kill yourself.

You imply I had trouble beating DaS3. It was easy. Easier than DaS1 in fact. I was pointing out it was poorly designed. But thats a common theme of DaS3. Just about everything to do with it was poorly designed.

Bloodborne > 1 > DeS > 3 > 2

Because his curse of eternal butthurt forces him to fuck up every single thread about Souls, and this time, he did it right out of the gate by being OP.

But that's objectively wrong though.

DaS3 is harder than DaS1.

And no, it's not really poorly designed than DaS1, linear world design and different magic system maybe, but everything else is an improvement.

Neither games are shit, DaS3 is arguably better than DaS1, and DaS2 is at least enjoyable.

Also, did you just say that you have to be giant fucking faggot for replaying DaS2 and DaS3?

Why isn't it the same thing for DaS1?

kill urself

This is the same argument as Rei vs Asuka. It has been debated to death.
When we all know that Asuka (DS3) is best girl (game)

Well, I don't know how it OBJECTIVELY true it is, but most people who played DaS3 is gonna have a super easy time beating DaS1.

I actually like Rei better.

Most people who played DS1 had a super easy time beating DS3 because you're objectively wrong.

well at least you can get one thing right you faggot

That's not true, that's not true.

Even DaS1 veterans have troubles with some bosses.

But if you have played DaS3, DaS1 bosses are really basic.

No, what you're saying is not true. DS3 bosses are the most basic bosses in the series, while even masters of the series get tripped up by DS1 bosses.

All the bosses in the entire series are pretty basic once you learn how to beat them tbh.

Jesus christ, are we really in opposite day?

DaS1 has the easiest bosses in all the game. Even Manus is a pushover after the shit you kill in DaS2 and DaS3.

DS3 has the easiest bosses. Pontiff is a total joke.

I don't "defend" DaS2 as saying DaS2 has harder bosses than DaS1.

I would even go to say DaS2 might have the hardest boss in the series, and that's not actually a good thing.

The fucking fume knight felt like a fucking MMO boss.

Compared to Gwyn or Endless Discharge or the 3 rehashes of the asylum demons, I would say he's better.

You know I'm objectively right. DS3 is a snoozefest because of how boring and easy it is. There's no challenge at all.

But you can literally parry and riposte Gwyn all days and win.
Asylum demon is about ass hugging all days.

if you don't think DaS3 is challenging, I don't know what you think of DaS1.

DS3's 'hard' bosses lose to circle strafing and can't hit anything.

youtube.com/watch?v=1WagY0KJ7dc

If you think DS3 is challenging, maybe you should play games more on your level, like Mario Paint or Color a Dinosaur.

I would say its a snoozefest because it's poorly designed. The covenants are shit, the pvp was broken by poise, the pve is incredibly linear and the bosses forgettable, theres very little variety of builds compared to DaS1 or DaS2 in both pve and pvp, the enemies are not fun to fight, compensating with speed for poorly designed movesets and ai, and NG+ is a joke in DaS3, absolutely the worst NG+ of all the dark souls games. Theres really no reason to play it past the first time, and even then you begin to see the flaws by the time you reach midgame. It lacks everything that made DaS1 great.

As opposed to DaS1 slow ass bosses? Most boss fights in DaS1 rely on ass hugging.

And nah, I do not like platformer. I had fun with Ninja Gaiden sigma demo though.

ALL fights in DS3 rely on circle strafing. If you fell asleep on the controller the right way you'd be able to survive indefinitely.

It's a shit game for babbies that can't handle a real challenge.

Projection will get you nowhere, faggot.

DaS3 requires different playthrough to experience fully.

DaS1 requires two, fire side and dark side for a full exp of the game.

Now that is an over the top argunent if I ever see one.

Whatever, I am gonna play some Souls instead of arguing against that.

Finally, he realizes he was wrong and leaves.

ALRIGHT NOW THAT THE FAGMOST IS GONE

What's your most memorable time getting invaded?

pft no
A human might be able to self-reflect and realize, but this guy's on the level of a Markov chain bot. He can't realize or change behavior because he's a subhuman. The trick is to just shitpost his own posts back at him with names and numbers changed until he fucks off.

The real problem with DaS3 is that the combat design was intentionally amended to make it easier for casuals. The game is designed so that you can roll out of the enemy's attack after one or two hits and be guaranteed time for estus or counterattack, this applies to pvp as well.

I would say spam rolling is harder than just stacking poise.

Stacking poise is literally as that guy said, you just walk up and hit enemies and they dead, then pop up a flash.

How the fuck am I wrong?

Are you gonna post a proof where you evade all bosses in DaS3 blind by moving the right stick?

youtube.com/watch?v=A5ysdm5JN94

For argument's sake, there's a same goddamn video for DaS1 boss as well, except Gwyn really is easier than Nameless King.

jesus christ
FUCK OFF
NOBODY WANTS YOU SHITTING UP THIS THREAD

I'm not shitting this thread. The other fags are using dishonest arguments and that piss me off.

>(48)

Anything wrong, officer?

I thought you were playing fucking dark souls? And i'm not the user who said that, at least get i.ds right man.

Well, you're wrong. Stacking poise requires you to know how the play the game. Any retard can mash a button and win.

You've acquired such a reputation over the past few months that anyone in any Souls thread immediately knows who you are, I'd say that's a problem.

Can't play it whole day, user.

I just get back after the Ash Lake, and decide take a break, I really how hate you slow you move with all the armor.

One more thing is the fact black knights do not respawn in DaS1 until the kiln, making getting specific black knight weapons such a pain.

Jeez, I don't know wearing the heaviest armor possible is "know how to play the game", while mashing roll, a reflex, skill-based action is not.

Thats where you're wrong kiddo. I used to play dark souls as soon as I got home from school. I'd farm humanities in the small basement with the rats, then go darkmoon disgusting guilty anons.
That was the point I thought? It made the times you got lucky enough to get their sword or axe that much more special. If you got one you could base an entire character around that weapon.

I'm honestly not a fan of rolling, I would prefer if it were like the step dodge in Bloodborne, but change it so you don't get iframes. It would prevent a lot of aggression and builds that rely on backstab. It would also mean that the non-directional back dodge would be the most useful. you could counter the indirect buff to spears by making them easier to parry which coincidentally is how you do it in real life but whatever.

Nice memes.

Is that some deepest lore for the Storm king guy being Gwyndolin reborn or is it a dad joke? Have not paid a load of attention to DaS3 because after years I still have not finished DaS1 due to pure laziness.

Evangelion was shit anyway.
I say this having watched all of it, multiple times, and also dredging wikis, and fully understanding and comprehending the universe. It isn't genius, It's a pile of excuses, bullshit explanations, and development hell. I will, however, admit that there's plenty of good action for just WATCHAN.All the waifus are shit though.

Because it's kinda unfair, if you miss the axe and blade at the first time, you have no choice but to finish the game and get to Kiln or restart it.

There are multiple knights with swords, and two with halberds.

Play deeerrr gaammme.

I can't help it, user.

I can't NOT see bad arguments and not argue.

Most of his arguments are shit, but so are the other people responding. Souls threads have become completely trash and worthless.

I don't see how my arguments are shit when the counter are durr DaS1 enemies are more interesting! (somehow), and fast enemies suck! And the fucking shit with poise.

They are legit arguments coming from bad players.

The weapons themselves are far beyond any weapon you can get until either mid game or endgame. To make them farmable at the start would entirely break the meta difficulty of the game. Its why theyre rare and hard to get, as well as why entire builds are based around those weapons, especially at level 10 or so.
There is nothing unfair about letting such power be hard to get.

They are oft repeated arguments as to why DaS3 is a boring game and doesnt deserve to be in the souls franchise. It fails as a souls game in almost every single way.

Last time I checked in DaS1 one of my builds was in the chaos ruins/LAVA FLOORS. It was a quality build that I messed up by wasting 6 or 8 levels on faith because I had a hard on for Ornsteins spear and I didn't know that it was awful.
I have another build who's supposed to be going to blight-town. It's a crusader. Spend a lot of time helping other players with their bosses for free soulz. I even hacked in a couple armor items to complete the crusader look. The fashion souls is just right.If you must know I brought in the elite cleric leggings and Solaire's helm.

Maybe if DaS3 goes on sale for 50% off I'll grab it on steam, unless there is a better place to buy it from in america that has an active multiplayer scene.

But you can already get strong game for fucking free at the fucking start, namely the drake sword and the gravelord greatsword, especially the latter you can use for the whole game.

If you have master key, you can also get the great club or farm large club and destroy everything forever.

The argument against durr difficulty doesn't work with BK weapons.

DaS3 is not boring though, and it effectively provides closure to the series, how the fuck it doesn't deserve to be in the series is beyond my guess.

You really need to go and finish it user.

I recommend playing it offline so you focus 100% on the story.

Well you were right, sir.

BK weapon is better. And then there is the BK armor to think of.
Because you're so blinded by fanboyism that you can't see the games obvious extended flaws.

BK weapon is not better than the large club/great club, arguably the two best STR weapons in the game.
It's better than the drake sword/gravelord sword, but you can already finish the whole game with the gravelord sword.

Name some with good arguments. The only flaw I see with DaS3 is "linearity" and the magic system, except I never use magic and linear/focus design is superior to open world.

Also, the non-respawning BK do not drop the armor, only the weapons they wield and the shields.

Strategically, you get almost sure chance to get the BK sword and the BK halberds before the Kiln, which are enough to finish 2 NG games altogether, but still, it wouldn't hurt if they make the BK respawning or at least add more sword/axe BK somewhere.

Mashing doesn't require skill, it requires a working thumb. You don't need to time your rolls when you have more iframes than the DWGR. Yawn, snoozefest game.

As opposed to, I don't know, just equip the heaviest armor and walk up to the nearest guy and press a button?

Jesus user, mashing takes more effort than that.

Which gets you instantly killed against, say, the titanite demon in lost izalith.

I would argue against that, with enough armor and HP and say, something like the demon great machete +15, you are gonna fuck it up pretty up pretty quickly before it can even jump.

Argue that all you like. Until you prove it with a video, you're wrong.

I've named plenty of arguments which you all ignore and say nuh uh. Ive name them several times at this point.

And if they were like the kiln knights theyd drop the armor. Theyre better as they are, small chances to get the weapon until endgame, where you can farm both weapons and armor.

Most memorable was my first pvp encounter ever. A twink came in with full havels and a massive graveaxe during my first time playing the game. I didnt even know I COULD be invaded, and he invaded me on the bridge. I took a swing, like 2 damage and he didnt flinch, turned around and one shot me. Scared the hell outta me.

OK, user, I have nothing to wrong.

The BK armor is conveniently located in the Kiln though, no need to farm it like in DaS3.

Never bothered watching more that 5 seconds before, what the fuck have I been missing all these years? Does it actually get good?

If they were farmable from would obviously add in armor. And dont think I see you trying to shift the conversation away from the many many flaws of DaS3.

Uhhh no, storm king is gwyndolin's older brother, aldrich was hittin on that young boy, storm king gets pissed