Fighting Game General: Fighting Games are Dying Edition

A steam release for Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition has been announced. There's cross buy for Xbone and Windows 10 owners.
New trailer showing 8 new characters is out,all of them except for Zero were on the leak list.
Supposed leaked cast: archive.is/DWPhD#selection-6593.1-6593.43
Game will be released on September 19th. Deluxe version includes Sigma, Black Panther, 4 other DLC characters and 6 costumes, skins for Ryu, Thor, X and Hulk.
The story mode demo for the game is now available on PS4 and Xbox One.
Arc System Works is developing a Dragon Ball Fighting game with 2.5D style graphics. A trailer for the game is already out.
Pokkén Tournament DX is announced for the Nintendo Switch. Features every character from the arcade version plus Decidueye, new modes, supports (Litten and Popplio) and Local Play. It'll be released on September 22nd.
PC version of KoF XIV has been released.
Arcade version will be released on June 29th.
Two guest characters from other franchises confirmed as DLC and Season Pass users. Dataminers found that Tekken Bowl is in the game and one DLC will have meter like Akuma/Eliza: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/single/?p=10023208&t=30258549
Costumes and modes were also confirmed as DLC. Eliza will be put as a regular DLC in July.
Sub-Zero trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=7lm42o1MhVQ
The game/update is out.
OST: mega.nz/#!OopXgLqT!KQUY2RuETD_4Tk6sqQWdGwOmFK60FOMx5GGZrVAVdrc
Game is updated with the new CFN, balance patch, new trials for season pass onwers and DLCs: Ed, Vega's SFII and Bison's Stage.
UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late[st] is confirmed for PS4, PS3 and PSVita. The game will be released on July 20 in Japan in physical and digital media on PS4. Digital only for PS3 and Vita.
Erika Wagner has been confirmed as Under Night In-Birth Exe: Late [st]'s second new character for the console release.
EVO 2017 entrant numbers have been updated again. See the OP image for the current numbers.
EVO 2017 will feature 9 games: Blazblue CF, GuiltyGear Xrd Rev2, Injustice2, KOFXIV, SFV, Melee, Smash Bros. WiiU, Tekken7 and UMvC3.
EVO Japan will happen between January 26th and January 28th.
Treta Championship LATAM Will Happen Between Sep. 30 and Oct. 01. Will Feature MKXL, T7, SFV, KOFXIV, SMash 4, Injustice 2, GGXrd Rev2, MvsCI and a community choice.
Punch Planet new video featuring combos: youtube.com/watch?v=43QjykqeKiI
Cerebrawl new character: youtube.com/watch?v=ayHtKpk5ib4
Trajes Fatais(TRAF) will be released outside of Brazil under the name TRAF: Suits of Fate
Fightin' Herds latest stream: youtube.com/watch?v=ipvxFkQ4iaw
Strides 2 Glory latest gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=KKuIW3jXry0
Kemono Friends Fighter latest character trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=ptORAwAJN5c
Omen of Sorrow gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=jKIXxF-oFfg
Download and register for Fightcade here: fightcade.com/
Get the full rompack over here: mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
Website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/
Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans
Discord group: discord.gg/DbHMSCd
>>>/fighters/
For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/
For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9
Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
KOF XIV Combo & Tech: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
Guilty Gear Crash Course: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
Airdash Academy: youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R
The Complete Killer Instinct Guide by Infil: ki.infil.net/characters.html
DOA5LR - Full Character Guide & Frame Data - Created By Arcade Sensei: drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1xzXhKnihroVG1teFBhejQzSHM

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/3ePaj
streetmodders.deviantart.com
forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/190962/usf4-bugs-and-improper-set-character-data-list-please-contribute/p1
archive.is/lMhNZ
archive.is/1Iyct
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Post your mains.

Evo registrants, 2015 -> 2016 -> 2017

Main SF game
2227 -> 5065 -> 1955

Smash 4
1926 -> 2637 -> 1031

Melee
1869 -> 2350 -> 1002

Guilty Gear Xrd
986 -> 903 -> 560

Marvel 3
816 -> 770 -> 450

NRS fighter
1162 -> 707 -> 560

Tekken 7
458 -> 543 -> 560

Congratulations to Tekken 7, the only fighting game that isn't dying

Why is SFV so popular?
Why is KoFIV so unpopular?

brand name alone, promotions
series primarily adopted by people who are poor, no marketing and people hated the graphics

Because trash like Lowtiergod and douche bags like Maximillian, DSP, Geoff the Sjwcuck, and Justin Wong think they can make a career out of a shitty game and smoking weed; Also "MUH ESPORTZ!"

Probably because FR just came out. It'll die.

Less Smash faggots the better. Hopefully there won't be an attempted rape incident like last year. So the Smash community ruin this year's Evo like they ruined last year's?

Sonic Fox must have really ruined this game; almost makes you miss Perfect "Crybaby" Legend.

Eh, it's an anime fighter.

Lol, the shills like Wong, Fchump, and others can keep defending shitty Capcom products for their weed money, and people are buying less into their shit.

That Tekken number will go down soon like stated.

Erm, meant to ask if the Smash community ruined this year's CEO, not Evo.

I think it's just backlash from last year's big money fake hype mess, the move to a more expensive venue, and EVO Japan siphoning away Asians tbh but I wanted to meme

Holy fuck lmao. How can this be anyways? Im more optimistic about fightan then I have been in YEARS with games like UNIELst and DBZ. Im still.going and Im still gonna have a blast but jeez thats less than half the number.

Graphics put a lot of casuals off, its also a pretty difficult game to master unlike simple mode SFV.

Speaking of numbers, checking my own double dubs here

I love this meme, it's like I'm really on SRK.

Not CEO but Nintendo recently replied to Hungrybox's rant calling SmashBros a lifestyle and how they need to support them which is ridiculous considering melee hasn't been sold for over 10 years.

I think it's less about fgs dying and more about people not wanting to go to EVO. You have the Smashers who got pissed for not getting special treatment and you have Marvel fans pissed off that they had to be in a vote. SFV is unpopular, and I feel like there was definitely some crossover from a lot of those players from previous years. EVO is more expensive now too, and other tournaments are doing pretty well. I think its good that EVO is less popular now, since I think it was getting to corporate for its own good.

Smashfags truly are the worst

I still don't know if that post was for real or just b8

Is it true that "pro" smash scene has been 5 five guys, using the same mains over and over again for almost a decade now?

It's honestly more 4 with mewtwoking like maybe once every like 60 events being a fifth.

I cherish this image.
Smash players are the most entitled fucks for playing non-competitively built games.

Also this video explaining how fucking stupid Smash as a scene is.
Aptly summarises many good points against Smash in a format that you can listen to while doing other things.

At last years CEO, or maybe it was the year before a smash player took a shit in the Hotels pool. Smash players also never shower, they've even given them warnings about how they have to wear deodorant and be hygienic.

DIGIMON RUMBLE ARENA 2 SURGE, WHEN?

They also bullied a Cammy cosplayer until the poor girl got pants.

URGE TO KILL: RISING

Who ready for fighting game of the decade?

I am, who are you gonna main, user?

This honestly is the hardest time I've had thinking who I'd want to learn.
Probably just end up picking Toki for the Hokoto no ken move.

Best friend, obviously.

I like the sand cat

Actually from what I've seen, Toki is a fucking Toki from HnK clone, she even does the "ikuzo" when forward dashing like Toki does.

The savior fighting games needed.

Melee at CEO almost got Pokken's stream cut off because the crowd was cheeing expletives and was right next to Pokken's setups, and The Pokemon Company was running pokken's stream.

Also the melee side of the room also smelled terrible wheras the Pokken side smelled fine.

Was it even good?

Prove to me that this won't happen, faggots.

Yes.
it had some problems like no Renamon and entire three clones as well as ultimates being changed from ones with unique gimmick for each digimon in the first game to generic bubble explosions now.

You're dreaming

Competitively? No, not at all. Just for shits casually? yeah

What's the one obscure character you want to be in DBZ fighters?

Janemba has all sorts of coll shit that would make him great and interesting.

STEPS TO UNFUCK EVO
1. Fuck SFV
2. Fuck collaborating with Crapcom's board of directors ebin eSports strategy to return to profitability
3. Bring back Ultra SFIV

4. Only allow a single smash title, if even that. Use the extra spot for Pokken, which is actually recent and is actually mechanically similar to other fighters there.

Honestly, I think its a case of things just getting burnt out. Like, its a lot like speed running; the more AGDQ you watch, the more of speed running you have seen; and thus interest in it declines.

All these fighting game events being streamed is a relatively new thing (well, was) but I can imagine a decline in interest after awhile. Like, how many years can people go "WELL I REALLY HOPE ARMADA/ZERO/SONIC FOX LOSES THIS YEAR, CUZ I HATE THEM".

when is EVO of Japan?

Previous thread: archive.is/3ePaj

Didnt the smash community just go through this? There's no way a company will push a game that they cant really make money on anymore.

Blizzard fighting game…. when?

We already have cancer watch. Let's not open up another Pandora box for more fags to shit up thinking they can be pro evo mlg.

Toki is too OP, pls nerf.

SF4 was best at SSF4AE. Ultra was *not* done by DiMPS (who did vanilla sf4) but by clueless capcom interns.
That 5th USF4 character reveal was so bleh. Decapre? Ewww…

SF4 is extremely moddable. A "Project M" for USF4 could be the best fighter ever made.

Isn't SFV just as moddable? Anyhow a fan-mod has as much chance as OmegaSF4 to be played widely…

SFV mods are a pain in the dick compared to USFIV.

How many here actually use mods?
streetmodders.deviantart.com

Didn't know that. Never got SFV on pc.

I remember reading the bug-list of SF4 on shoryuken.com
Holy shit, there were sooo many minor bugs like Rufus gaining meter while doing a EX Messiah Kick, Adon's super causing you to block if the first two strikes whiff, incorrect meter-gain/damage/counterhit properties…

I read that USF4 delayed wake-up was not a universal mechanic but a property tied to hard knockdown moves from uSF4 characters. So if you chose edition-select….

Bethesda Fighter now

You know what the best part about this is? Nintendo DOES sponsor Smash, even Melee. If there's ever a tournament with their logo in the sponsor section, you can rest assured Ninty either helped provide copies of the game for tournament setups, or helped provide CRTs, or actually contributed prize money. They do this quite frequently, actually, but they don't popularize it.

Why, you ask? Because then people would associate them with Melee players.

Those guys are pretty alright as far as e-celebs go now they've jettisoned Liam "toxic masculinity and DLC" Miller. I haven't paid attention to them since they played Dark Souls (trying to cut out useless internet garbage), but there are worse e-celebs to find.

Good video, too. As far as I know, the controller vibration spring dashback whatever issue doesn't allow new techniques, but if only a handful of people in the world can do it, and those people regularly win every tournament, then obviously they wouldn't publicize the information.

As hilarious it is that the sand lizard character is literally just Johnny, the animation is too awful for my tastes. It'd be pretty funny if this became the new Melty Blood.

Found the bug-list
forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/190962/usf4-bugs-and-improper-set-character-data-list-please-contribute/p1

End this meme

What was the third B?

Blizzard

It'd be hilarious if the community, if there's ever one, decided to fuck around and behave like the Friends, being actually friendly and welcoming, and going SUGOOOOOI and TANOSHIIIII, with the occasional couple saying that they're smart because they're owls, or saw an owl at a zoo once.

even as a SoL connoisseur I am disgusted by the anime

Saying you have no taste gives the opposite effect when later you say it's disgusting user.

They do that, try to find a place where it's discussed and see.

not to mention you have to pay for evo twice now if you actually want to see the finals and assuming you were to do such a thing, you get to enjoy extended delays because espn matters more than the people at the actual venue. basically sfv numbers have been dropping across the board now and every non-evo event is seeing slow but steady increases in attendance
evo japan might actually be good as long as wizard's involvement is minimal

more and more i think nintendo was doing the right thing when they tried to stop malay from being broadcast at evo.

Well, we do get the safari experience in the West. All it's missing is the "do not feed the nogs" signs.

Not before the equally shit Riot fighting game.

archive.is/lMhNZ
It's like they don't remember SFxT and how Capcom got caught with their hand in the metaphorical cookie jar then proceeded to charge everyone for that content anyway.

More Venom stuff

Real shit

Don't play GG, is there no safe wake up on those balls? also that cross up is very telegraphed

The first one isn't a crossup, the second is. You can choose whether or not to cross up depending on how far you let your dashes go before teleporting. As for safe wakeup options, blocking the first couple balls and then mashing DP will probably beat the non-crossup variant, and certain DPs with a good enough hitbox could probably beat both versions. There's also a thing called faultless defense that increases how far your opponent gets pushed back when they attack into your block. I'm not sure how that would affect the setup, but it would almost certainly mess with it somehow.

You know something I've noticed?
I've looked at some compilations of salty ass Smash players, and almost every clip is either from Melee, or Project M. It's never from Sm4sh.
Why do you guys think that is, hm?

Last thread I wrote that I wanted to play a secondary character in T7. I decided to simply try it out and so I played a few hours with Devil Jin and I didn't do that much worse than usual. Today I went back to play some matches with Jin and apart from trying to do a Hell Sweep once or twice it didn't cause me any trouble. I guess since it works surprisingly well I'll just keep switching between them every other day or so. Maybe I'll try out the other Mishimas in the future, at lower ranks I can probably do fine without knowing too many of their specifics.
However, what's causing a lot of frustration is that I lose way too many matches simply due to eating tons of low hits and throws. It's probably just the lack of character knowledge, once I know my enemies' attacks better I'm certainly going to have a better time. At the moment it's quite discouraging though getting hit by the same attacks over and over again because I can't recognize soon enough what the opponent is doing.

The tryhards cling to Melee and their homebrewed crap.

Tr4sh players get mad just as much. The autism is pervasive.

Liam was the one who actually browsed Holla Forums and called neogaf out on their SJW shit though.

I've never understood Holla Forums's hatred for Liam, it seems like people just hate him for not being angry at everything and not havig ridiclious standards.

Daily reminder

He did defend Inafune during the Mighty No. 9 shitshow. Speaking of Which, the game is now One year old as of today. Happy birthday, Mighty No. 9!

post wonder woman's face

my bro needs to see this

What's the point of censoring that? You still see her sexy legs.

Dumb prudes.

Here.

you spelled "faggots" wrong

The face on the right is sadly not the final one.
I wish it was, as it's far better than what we have now,

Why the fuck does Angle play so weirdly compared to every other character in KoF XIV?
I can't wrap my head around her and Vice. I even got an understanding of Mian before Angle.

He is the objective worst of them.

Have you tried calculus?

It's been 10 years since I finished high school

This is why I'm mostly glad that Zatanna won't be in the game.

Zatanna was already one of the worst looking characters in Injustice 1.
I guess Harley Quinn, Black Canary, Supergirl and Poison Ivy are fucking miracles, turned out good by pure coincidence.

archive.is/1Iyct
Holy shit

Either that or EventScrubs is subtly admitting that what they're doing is illegal.

nigger theyre literally only saying that people """shilling""" for MvC:I aren't being paid to do so, it's all their own words and thoughts

are you retarded

This is a legimately good point

my prediction is that the next MvC will be a blunder, there is already drama even before it launches.

Janemba is cool but they never want to put in the effort to get all his cool effects right. Shit his implementation in XV2 was lazy as fuck.

Just because they're not being paid for shilling doesn't mean they have any integrity, or are being completely honest. There's other motivations to shill something. Fuck off, FChimp

He's an incredible apologist but I still liked him despite that. But yeah, his ability to defend anything was annoying short of incredible but was a good counter to Pat's cynicism, I enjoyed their arguments

Speaking of which, reminder that when the Dina Controversy first hit Pat specifically thought Internet Aristocuck's video and the entire controversy surrounding it was just hatred of women. The only thing that kept Pat from being completely pozzed is his girlfriend, who was /ourgirl/ during the Quinnspiracy days calling out Quinn, Anita and the journalists on their bullshit.

Of course they do it for free. Hype = sales = bigger prize pools. Anyone who thinks they can get a reasonable chunk of those pools has it in their own financial interest to inflate them as much as possible.

whats up with the kabal anons? why is he so popular on competitive arena, i mean i understand cyrax, but kabal? aren't there other warriors with better kombos than him? why is he so special?

Well, she's a chain type character. Maybe try Nelson first since he's "easier" and also has many setups.
But try the gunsmith tutorial of her un-chain from 2002UM. It'll help you in XIV.

Who and from where is the Marche character the contrarian Raiden player considers did everything wrong? Just curious on what the opposite of Griffith dindu nuffin looked like to the contrarian.

A while back I posted a story about my experiences with Smash players when my turf had fighting game events. Smash and its players deserve the hate and their shitty reputation.

Holy fuck, how much of an spoiled cunt do you have to be to demand special treatment for playing a shitty, old game?

Smash players are the Rapefugees of the fgc, yet Mr. Wizard and JeBailey won't let go of them cuz money.

And yet TOs almost never punish them for acting up in events.

NEW
CHAPTER
FUCKING
WHEN?

Should I play Sol or Order Sol in AC+R if:

Fighting games are shit. SHIIIIIIIIIIT

I haven't touched AC+R in a while but if you are asking about O. Sol's super with the Install animation then I remember timing my button presses to each hit, not just mashing in the new inputs so quickly. So together with each hit sound, time the press of the next input until the final super attack in the chain. I was always ass with GG but for some reason O. Sol's chain super was the one thing I could get consistently.

Griffith literally did nothing wrong.

Sure thing my dude

There's a thread on /a/ discussing the new chapter 351

Tekken has a lot of low combos with little to no telegraphing, so you need to kinda predict when they're gonna come out. It's part of the reason why big guys are never relevant in competitive play, because the Tekken combo/block mechanics lend themselves to fast fellas instead and big guys simply can't compete.

Either she's really fucked up in a non-obvious way, or the luck of the Irish really does exist.

I mean if you actually watch any of the videos she's in it's super obvious that she's exactly the same as pat in terms of personality

Also this reminds me of another reason why Liam is underrated: he was actually good at videogames, unlike the other 3

drop some photos of her i need to see this shit

Fuck off, Justin Wong.

nice argument manchild

Is anyone else watching/rewatching the show because of this? I just started the original Dragonball and this shit is great

read the manga instead.

The anime has absolutely fucking awful pacing once you get into Z, and the art and animation quality is often shit too.

I hope the upcoming Mazinger movie at least introduces ZERO at some point.

Speaking of the Dragonball Z anime, do you think they'll put any of the movie villains in Dragonball Fighter Z, like Broly or Android 13?

Broly has been in every DBZ game since Budokai 3, I think, even in titles that only went up to the saiyan saga, he'll be in for sure.