F.E.A.R. thoughts thread

I finally got around to F.E.A.R. for the first time (with it's two expansion packs. Bought them all for less than $3 and got probably 20 hours out of it). At first, I though they were being a little more subltle with the horror aspects, but that wasn't the case. Even at the hardest difficulty, it wasn't very difficult (I ended up John Woo-ing my way though, which was pretty fun). I did notice a bit of a drop in quality when they threw the Warner Bros logo in them. Main question is: The series is shit from this point onward, right?

You lucky bastard
Enjoy the feeling of something not even close to it existing.
Extraction Point is also fucking great and more canon than either 2 and 3 imo
Perseus Mandate is not so great but also enjoyable

There is a definitely drop in quality with each sequel. 2 is fun if only for the fact that you get raped by Alma at the end

GOG is asking $15 for what I am certain is less gameplay than the first game. If you've got a magnet, I'd appreciate it.

2 is fucking garbage
I can't believe there are people here who actually defend it, probably because for many 7th gen shitters it was the first of the franchise they played.
Even 3 is better just for doing something different instead of being the same game as its predecessor but 3 times worse, at least in 3 the art design was good, I could play as Fettel, there was coop and the melee wasn't absolute garbage

Nigger just check the share thread or IGG

Shitty writing, shitty horror, shitty music, shitty gun handling(except for the few weapons such as shotgun), shitty repetitive level design, but the action aspect is probably the best among all fps action games. The lighting and particle effects are god tier. The AI is very elaborately designed, unmatched by any action game.

Yeah, but FEAR 2 has a lot of dumb fun, constant action, and much better gore. I actually enjoyed 2 as much as 1 for these 2 simple facts. I didn't like FEAR 3 as much as 2.

It's worth it. FEAR 2 is good albeit consolized.

Yeah. People gave the WB stand alones shit at release, but monolith ended up making them the only sequels worth shit. A sad turn of events.

This. 2 is god awful. It goes backwards in everything that matters from the first game.

I played I played through FEAR around Halloween this year. Played through on the highest difficulty twice. It was a lot of fun. But I was left with wanting more.

So I decided to play FEAR 2, as I had pirated the bundle. Needless to say, 2 hours into FEAR 2 I gave up. The gunplay is awful, the AI is retarded, and it tries to hard to be scary and mostly just does lame jump scares that stop phasing you 5 minutes into the level. The Alma rape is the only good thing in 2.

I unironically enjoyed F.E.A.R. 3. Not for its relation to the F.E.A.R. franchise mind you, but for its gunplay. It was good enough to convince me to finish the game through once, and halfway through the Fettel campaign, the latter being the more fun of the two it would seem for co-op.

In the menu they showed off this pit-monster that I was looking forward to because it looked like a boss or something. Got kind of let down when I found out they were a gimmick.

Speaking of Canon, there wasn't much to work with story-wise. 8 year-old girl with abilities gets stowed-away and raped to have special kids then gets left to die. Both Fettel and Point man are the kids. I wanted more.

I love the sound and feel of that shotgun. Too bad it's weak in anything less than immediate range.

Words from a faggot who played the game after the fact

Nigga, I'm not defending the game, I just said the only thing that amused me about 2 was the end scene where a psychic girl fucks you. I can't even remember anything about the game preceding that.

I wasn't accusing you if defending the game user, I fully understood what you meant.
Just throwing it out there that there are people who have and will.
We have one right now

Jesus Christ, why are FEAR 2 haters such massive cucks?

Sorry, I don't need Holla Forums gaymen creds.

I misunderstood you then, my mistake.

If it makes you feel better I hate 3 even more, faggot.

Never heard of IGG before now. 15 parts sounds like a lot of work though.

They have a torrent site
Check the main page

Unfortunately for you that doesn't make you any less of a shit taste faggot

Its cool, shit happens

That is a lot easier. Thank-You

I'm going to fuck you in the asshole, faggot.

No worries, I'd suggest not buying any of the games, even 1.
WB are kikes, Monolith is still based but lots of their talent have left and they are under chains and destined to only produce Tolkienshit and the IP was raped countless times by WB which gets all the money you spend on the games.

That's pretty gay user.

Play FEAR 1 and Extraction Point. Go no further. The series ended there.

Fucking checked, Alma is hot.

"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping over the earth, bodies in the street, cities turned to dust. Retaliation."

FEAR 3 is fun, but it's not FEAR. This is everyone's biggest complaint about the whole game.

Pretty much, but as it is, its a better game than F.E.A.R 2

I've only played the first, its expansions, and 2. I hardly remember 2, but from what I do remember, it's okay, but worse than the original in every way, except for the fact you get to pilot the mechs every so often. It's definitely a better shooter than most released at the time, but it's an utter disappointment coming off the first game.

Darkest of Days is better than F.E.A.R 2: Electric Boogaloo

God, I fucking love the guns in this game. I think you can make any repetitive shooter be fun if you give a really good feedback system and semi-destructible environments.

True. It's something STALKER and ARMA fags are too autistic to understand.

Why are you still here?

Just played the first half-hour of F.E.A.R. 2 and it's fucking disgusting: CoD-like gunplay, atrocious hud and the worst offender is no lean. I'm done. There are no games after 1 and their expansion paks.

2 has better gunplay, it's just that the rest of the gameplay is heavily downgraded.

HE'S BEHIND THE BOXES!

>tfw i only played FEAR 2 just to get raped by Alma