Cave Story+ (Switch)

Anyone else picked this up, for the physical goodies?

I'm actually really liking the Famitrack soundtrack. It sounds like the original music, but better. Kinda hard to explain.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!PFwRxAzZ!PWjRHyWFvpfGAY-Y8Zwli2R2-7KTtKAzgBv1TlMiC8o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So, what new things does this have?

What is the best version of Cave Story?

I still don't have a switch so no
Why would you even buy one with the shortages and retail stores transforming into scalpers?

wwwwwwwwwwww

You better step it up OP. I am interested. Tell us more.

AW FUCK, you're right.
Wwwwwwwwwwjaajajajajajajwwwwwwwwwwwwjajajajajajajwwwwwwwwwwwww
Hey, at least It's widescreen right?

Ohhhhh! NEW WATER TEXTURES
WOWWWWWWWW

They redid some of the graphics again, and had someone do yet another remix of the soundtrack. You can still choose the OG soundtrack, though I'm actually really liking the new remixes. There'll be an update in the summer that adds in local co-op. This is the only physical version of the game you can buy that isn't an NISA release.

Nicalis is also teasing some new announcements for later this week.

I bought the Switch for Zelda, since I had sold my Wii U. I've been enjoying it so far.

It comes with a soundtrack CD, a really nice manual, and if you buy it at FUCKING GAMESTOP you get a random keychain out of 3 options (Quote, Curly, and Balrog)

How much does this cost?

Honestly, I WOULD have considered buying it if they managed to make a mode to switch between classic, 3D and +.
Like wonder boy.
I'll get it when the price is $15

30 shekels.

Fuck. Do they hand you the packets or is it sealed into the game?

If it's sealed. I might drop the dosh, get the keychain , make a copy of the CD and resell the game for like 15$ or 20. I'm a fucking sucker for Keychains.

If they hand it to you like most of the SEGA promotions, fuck Gamestop.

Is Pixel actually getting any money from these ports?

Nobody knows user, nobody knows….

The same could be said for other games on the other consoles. Do we really need a physical version of Undertale and a remake of Shadow of the Colossus when they already released an HD remake some years before?

$30. If I wasn't a Cave Story fanboy that REALLY wanted a physical copy on my shelf, it didn't come with the goodies, and I didn't have prime I'd have skipped. I'm happy with it though, since I AM a physicalfag, it has the goodies, and it was only $24 for me.

Yeah I get that, not saying it's the best deal, but I'm ok with it personally. The fact that the digital copy is $30 too is fucking retarded.

I bought it on Amazon, but from what I hear it's in the package, sealed.

From what I understand, yes, but don't quote (heh) me on it.

I haven't played Undertale yet, but I might actually get the Vita physical of that just to try it out, since again, I'm a sucker for physical copies of games.

I waited for the Vita physical release of Shovel Knight to play that.

At least you're honest. There are fags that backpedal so fucking with damage control, so I'll let you have this. I'll wait on a price drop, myself.
I bought Cave Story 3D new for $40 a few years ago and regret it

I've played this game like 6 times across 3 different versions, Nicalis and Pixel need to fuck off and make something new or make a sequel, this is approaching skyrim levels of cringe.

Fucking 30 bucks and fucking nintendo with price parity bullshit FUCK
HUEHUE here, importing shit is super expensive. As much as I want to have all my shit physical, the price difference has made me choose the digital version of most my games, for a few years now.
HOWEVER, I'm deffinetly not spending 30 dolarydoos on a download that I've played countless times for free in the past. I'd pay like 10 (maybe, big maybe, 15) for the slightly enhanced graphics, music, etc…

Yes because a physical copy means you own the game

ye

Watch their "cave story related news" this week be a sequel announcement, exclusive to Switch and PC.

I feel you.

I just want to know two things. Is jump B and shoot Y? I hate the controls for pc and my psp has it mapped O for jump and X to shoot. Its as bad as Nintendo ducking up the new emulator button mapping on the 3DS. Second, how cancerous is the publisher?

noill is shit

He is, but I'm horny

Nobody cares, get better taste.

Also

It's not gonna come to switch, kero blaster was ios, ps4 and pc, if pixel made a sequel he wouldn't put it on nintendo hardware, no you want pray portable version you pray on iphone.

It defaults to B being shoot and Y being jump, but you can swap them if you want. Don't know too much about Nicalis myself, but I've seen some hate before so idk.

Give me better taste.

The original freeware version.

As long as I'm not paying for it, I don't care if they release the same game a thousand times.

The moment they get my goyim coins, I want new games to start coming.

It's a success story that is slowly turning into a story of jews.

I always thought Nicalis looked shady, what a fucking joke.

b-but it's 60fps now, and their little chracter icons had moving mouths

"moving"
It's literally a two-frames animation

I wanna fuck their little mouths

noill need to get on the fucking ball and make that /ss/ succubus game already.

The original freeware version using the nxengine. The Nicalis rereleases are a joke. The only additional things you get are improved graphics and sounds and a bonus level. There is also curly mode but it's just a sprite mod that they added in there.

Nearly 15 year old FREE game.

I'll only buy it if Daisuke Amaya gets a cut of the money tbh

The niggas live to port the exact same 4 games to every console and scam japanese devs
There is no reason to pay for their products

I bought CS on WiiWare and have played the freeware PC version for years. I bought Kero Blaster too. I really don't want to pay again for the game if Pixel doesn't get the money at all.
FUCK

Rip of the pack-in mini CD if anyone wants it.
mega.nz/#!PFwRxAzZ!PWjRHyWFvpfGAY-Y8Zwli2R2-7KTtKAzgBv1TlMiC8o

Looks like the + version with some distractingly out of place water effects that clash with the original style.

What version is it? 3D, famitracker, Wii or organya

Riiight!?

Oh. There's also out of place lighting effects on the gunshots, and character portraits animimate in a way that doesn't look quite right. Yeah, I'm not feeling it.

Maybe if you specifically want a portable version, or you don't own a PC.

Phoneposters deserve the ultimate bullying.

Famitracker

That's good! My CS soundtrack collection can finally be completed!

I did since I haven't played through Cave Story yet. Nicalis really knows how to do a good physical release. I just hope other publishers take the hint eventually.

Holla Forums is a bunch of normalfags in denial

I would buy it

The game comes with a miniCD soundtrack.

whoa that new water effect!

it's actually impressive how marty/noill has been drawing the same characters in the same style with the same coloring since 2010 but hasn't improved in the slightest. It's actually commendable how resistant he is to getting better at his mediocre artwork.

The only value in buying a physical copy of something like cave story is to have tangible ownership, but I don't think cave story is really worth it. Something like Sakuna I plan to purchase a physical copy of as soon as it's released.

still more fappable than anything i can draw

user come on, there's no reason on buying every damn version of CS unless you're a huge fan of it and actually have every remake because you love this game so fucking much.

as a famitracker composer and massive cavestory autist, you have literally no idea how fucking hard I am nutting right now.

thank you user

I got the Quote keychain. I don't like the fact he's smiling. I always pictured him with a serious expression.

Better taste given.

are you fuckin retarded?

He's probably as retarded as those girls look.

Sources to these claims would be great.

Mind you, this isn't even the first physical release of the fucking game(though the other one was published by NISA, so you know.)