Give me a game that's mechanically similar to the Sword Art Online games but has nothing at all to do with Sword Art...

Give me a game that's mechanically similar to the Sword Art Online games but has nothing at all to do with Sword Art Online.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/yShTB
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Surprisingly, I can't think of anything. The SAO games are a combination of modern, action based combat and old school MMO buff cycling. The SAO games are the only ones I can think of that have attempted this. Your best bet is to just play the SAO games, but pretend you're playing SAO Abridged. I did this with Hollow Realization, and it made the game infinitely more enjoyable.

Tell me user. What makes SAO so unique? The waifus? The monsters? The MC?

I've never played SAO anything, what kind of games those even are?

Real-time action-oriented combat without relying on context menus and free-roam areas that reward exploration.

Waifus are a dime a dozen.

Sounds like Phantasy Star Online/Universe.

I'm paranoid that a game that is made legitimately to be a MMO will distract from the single player experience.

Play portable games then, they are offline games with optional co-op, kinda like monster hunter.

Oh and Toukiden 2 too, even though I found it sluggish compared to Phantasy Star games.

Wow, I got enough of that game after 2 hours.
You should definitely move to Phantasy Star.

I've had many chances but I've never taken any. It's a MMO.

It's no more MMO than Toukiden 2.

You can get by most of the time with AI partners.

ok so how do i sao games whats the plataform and shit

Vita/PS3/PS4
If you have a Vita on 3.60 you can pirate all if not most of the SAO games.

Well, if you want something similar to the SAO that is presented in the anime, you could play any poorly designed MMO with action combat and get practically the same experience
Hell, if it's bad enough it could even emulate the "die in real life" thing
For this purpose, I highly recommend Elder Scrolls Online, especially if you're a lorefag

Don't think so brothef

That just adds to the realism of the experience, user

Pretty accurate depiction of the EU migrant crisis

No it is not.

More like

I'd leave a scathing retort but I've got to go out and extinguish my car which has somehow culturally burst into flame.

.hack and digimon world 3.

Thanks user. If I ever play an SAO game I might actually use that advice. SAO Abridged really is much better than the actual show.

I didn't play it yet, but it's singleplayer.

It's really surprising how good it is, especially when so many elements of it are so cringeworthy on the surface

Well .hack//G.U. has that remake coming soon.

G.U. was PS2-era so unfortunately it has copy-and-paste dungeons due to areas being algorithmically generated.

They took SAO and changed it into bootleg western Konosuba. Of course it is much better than SAO.

You want weeb elder-scrolls doesn't you?
It is good thing. Any jap will have decency to make them with decent combat at least.

Really we need to get one fucking proper stereotypical Jap open-world grindfest. Stuff like Elona but not on same budget as my PC.

Why can't Log Horizon have a good game anons?

Because Log Horizon's a generic godawful MMO even worse than the game presented in SAO

But they made if seem so fun

The show was fun because it was slowly turning into real life
Also because it's a fucking anime, of course it's gonna look fun

no living in the database wow wow for you

There's a Log Horizon tabletop, go play that.

What, don't tell me you think the game's good?

Alright fags, may as well ask this now, who is best waifu and why is it Lisbeth

You have good taste, but the answer is they're all a shit

Honestly I blame the shitty fucking anime for not giving them any decent characterization beyond a small introduction, a problem or two, and that's it if anything

archive.fo/yShTB

You guys will never understand why virtual reality mmos are bad idea. It will be the most fruitless type of escapism ever made. Microtransaction-fested reality where you will be paying for your every step and ads will be placed around your eyes like million flies, surrounding your vision and game constantly blocking you from doing any inappropriate move. Hundreds of people banned every day for hate speech, complaining and trying to install adblock, and then sued by developer for messing with virtual property. The ultimate jewery and you will have to work for it to pay up to play.

user you're an idiot
They have to restrain the jewry enough so that people will actually play the game, and the bar for that would be a lot higher in actual VR
Contrary to popular belief, normalfags do have a line somewhere and won't just take anything up the ass