So Relic seems to realize that they fucked up with DOW 3...

So Relic seems to realize that they fucked up with DOW 3. They just released a new non MOBA multiplayer mode and new non MOBA traditional units.
Is there any hope for this game or was it fucked beyond repair?

Game is FUBAR fuck nu-Relic just keep playing Dark Crusade/Soulstorm forever.

I have like 300 hours in them though and I really want DOW 3 to be decent.

WHAT PART OF FOREVER DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

This was inevitable. Might as well not bother until they release some expansions.
But even then the core gameplay seems like arse. So might not bother with it at all.

NO NECRONS NO BUY

Too little, too late.

NO IMPERIAL GUARD NO BUY

Game is beyond salvation, no matter what they will do it will always be remembered as MOBA fuckup

Is there any modding capability? "Will modders be able to save it?" is what I'm asking

It is not real DoW game without tons of tanks and canon fodder.

And here I am just sitting playing Soulstorm mods like a smug motherfucker.

Exact opposite.
Wait with Guard. There is not even proper HERESY in this game yet.

I duno OP, I just can't fucking stand to see a Terminator doing a FUCKING. BACKFLIP

NOT IN MY FUCKING WARHAMMER

THIS

Bane?

Short answer: It is fucked.
Long answer: Even if it becomes the greatest game of the series and brings all the factions into the game with tons of unique units, maps, and extra stuff to apologize they have a damaged image and the game will never recover from the inital fuckups.

Tell me about the box of skulls. What does it do?

Too little too late, relic-cucks

wot, no way they were this stupid.

Why cant we just get a new expansion for DoW1? RWS supports old games

Without even looking into this beyond the OP, I'm guessing this update didn't fix anything and made even more problems based on how fast this update came out. The speed of the release says rush job to me.

I don't know if they took it out of the full game because I absolutely refuse to play it, but in the trailers and gameplay demos Gabriel Angelos, in Terminator Plate, would leap into the air and do a flip before striking the ground with God Splitter.

Words cannot express my disgust.

They were stupid enough to do a Starcraft 2 clone and release the game with 1 multiplayer ASSFAGGOTS mode.
Yes, they werr that stupid

They could have made bank and instead we got this.
Whats sad is that the game, even with the stylized visuals, could have been good if they fixed the gameplay and animations, as it is, its fucked beyond belief.

Nope, its in the gameplay
Also, jumping Eldar Titans

I was thinking about pirating it but even then I can't deal with the fact of how bad and thoroughly they fucked up this time, it's beyond madness. Also, 25 gigs worth of heresy.

It's really hard to polish shit. Take DoW2 for example, they did improve it in the generally acceptable direction but it remained low effort and low scale.
And I don't have a problem with them making a game focused on multiplayer but if goddamn blizzard made the effort to make WoL campaign half interesting I expect nothing less from these skubs.

He also gets to spin his hammer and create a defensive force field that deflects projectiles.

PLEASE TELL ME THAT SHIT IS FAKE
Not to mention that would be completely redundant seeing as they can fucking teleport.

It's in the first mission. He's jumping up the terraces, over walls and across chasms.

*Backflips behind you*
Its real

It isn't, they even showed it off in their gameplay trailer to announce the game last year.

You say that like you wouldn't administer some regimental discipline on her.

Welp. I'm out.

You and any actual Warhammer fan.

Termies are supposed to be venerated and feared by literally everything in the galaxy that has individual consciousness. Even in the books, chaos marines would have an "Oh shit" moment if a single loyalist terminator was fielded.

Now they're acrobatic cannon fodder like some fucking Eldar whipping boy.
CLEARLY THIS STUDIO UNDERSTANDS THEIR AUDIENCE. I WILL NEVER STOP TYPING IN ALL CAPS ABOUT THIS FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

The original Dawn of War would literally be fucking perfect if they put the Tyranids in there.

Shit, I'd happily get rid of Dark Eldar and the Sisters if it meant I could field a Tyranid army against the Tau.

Relic's never been too adherent to lore. Not to defend this shitheap, but do you recall the amount of gear in the Blood Ravens' armory that made terminator armor look like a flak vest for rarity? Because terminators being cannon fodder is nowhere near as bad as an unknown founding chapter running around with the weapons of literal primarchs and custodes.

Dont forget the BR have Calgars official Bolter from when he was a Tactical.

That's from Chaos Rising, right?

Or that Forgebreaker and Skarbrand's maul are shittier than some no-name marshal's hammer. Fulgrim and Ferrus should have spent more time at the forge.

All of those examples are, although I believe the base game has a stolen set of Grey Knight armor and Calgar's bolter that mentioned as the biggest examples of retarded thefts.

Now I get why nobody likes Chaos Rising. And now I double get why Blood Ravens are literal space niggers.

The first trailer was so promising, it was dark and brutal, but then they go ahead and make everything look like it made out of shiny plastic

The skinny marines didn't tickle your caution senses?

I guess one of the Marines' top enemies in the first trailer was an angry gust of wind because they were so top heavy.

Chaos Rising actually had some decent iteration on the original with the corruption system and new abilities, but they inadvertently shot the meme about Bloody Magpies into high orbit with all their efforts to justify new gear. Granted, if you like seeing just how far Cyrus and Davian Cool can break the game, or what exciting new thefts the 4th company will commit, the fluff's great. If you don't, at least take comfort in the fact that no one else in the universe likes the BR either.

The only good thing about Blood Gypsies is their color scheme, because fuck me if red and white aren't the best combination.

Fuck you, Erebus, you smug asshole.

Mods never saved a game.

While you are correct, do keep in mind that it may very well be shit like this that has to do with the very real concerns other chapters have regarding the BR's connection to the warp. The warp has, many times, brought powerful weapons and armor to people whom it thought it could turn away from the Emperor, and it did make a good attempt of it with their Chapter. I don't see it breaking lore, just bending it perhaps, but that is the entire point of the Blood Ravens: Way too much coincidence, way too much success.

Not to mention that the entirety of those weapon descriptions admit they are speculation and legend and I do not take their descriptions as gospel

It isn't terrible, it's just….not very good. At all.

Okay, it was pretty fucking annoying.

No bulli allowed!!!

Why? How could anyone be this reatarded, especially after DoW2 got slammed for not being RTS enough?

Either you forgot or you have terrible taste.

Get a look at this Fledgling.
Undeserved trips.

Or you're taking that at face value and they're tripping on chaos / full of shit. B-But muh marine integrity, muh knowledge is power. Nigger, they don't even know who their progenitor is.

Doesn't stop a lot of retards from jacking off to New Vegas.

ASSFAGGOTS are successful, therefore making DoW an ASSFAGGOT means it must also be successful.

Both games are buggy but playable.
DoW3 is fundamentally flawed because the core mechanics are all wrong.

tyranids exist.

but they are not fun.

it perplexes me that they are thought of as successful, but are not fun.

Are you telling me Forgebreaker doesn't have "From Fulgrim to Ferrus 💕" inscribed somewhere on it as an easy identifying mark? Or that the aforementioned isn't scratched out and replaced with "FUCK YOU DORN" from its time with Perturabo?

I'm telling you that even it has it still doesn't mean it saw either of the Primarchs. Think medieval monks and their fondness for copying or again, medieval fake relic peddling. Now tell me what's more reasonable, that, or how they're tripping over legitimate primarch paraphernalia from half a dozen different legions.