Modern video games

Is there any hope for video games Holla Forums?
Will AAA tripe be the standart?
Will AA games ever top it?
Will casuals leave traditional games for mobile?
Fuck I'm depressed, I still play some less known good shit and older games, but thats just it, they're not very well known and/or looked upon because they're old.
I remember when I could talk about good vidya with some friends and the hobby was still seen as nerdy shit.

Give me some modern games to play

Other urls found in this thread:

openiv.com/?p=1285
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

AAA is shit due to consilization. All console games are objectively worse than PC oriented games. I legitimately think Skyrim is better than Witchcuck 3 and Soultrash simply for the fact that it has far better controls, camera view, and modability.

Nice falseflag

I just want a fun new video game Holla Forums. I'm not asking for much at all.

I just want it to be fun again. I want to enjoy video games again. I want my hobby back.

That's my honest opinion though. Even utterly broken games like STALKER are salvageable and dull games like M&B can have more content. I enjoy turning off the quest markers and use the improved quest description in Skyrim, no console game has that much customization. All video game developers had to do was to make PC oriented or even exclusive games. Otherwise, their games are inevitably flawed.

Lol, a "fun" video game? In our (((modern))) existence? "Fun" is outdated, old hat, rubbish. Diversity is in. Out with the old, in with the new. You gotta be hip to make money, player!

kys faggot

It used to be a legitimate hobby

Just like eating and fapping? Absolutely everyone can enjoy that, it's not a hobby.

Take your own advice you tasteless cuck

I can enjoy any remotely well made video game, I'm not a sore ass faggot like you.

I dunno, devs make a lot of different games for different target audiences, and more often they hit rather than miss.
Maybe you try to stop crying over the games that were specifically made not for you, and actually play shit that you ARE target audience of?

But I guess instead of discussion this is designated bitching thread for anonymous drama queens like 72b3f0.
Games were always good and they still are, and I'm having as much fun as I did 15 years ago and I'm not even le oldfag.
I know 40+ men that enjoy vidya now just as when those ridiculous one-button joystick consoles with built-ing games were a thing.

World in Conflict was 10 years ago

/thread

I'd love these threads more if the OPs making it would actually mention what kind of games they like, so maybe someone out there might recommend stuff instead of this being another "abloo bloo AAA a shit"

You're a faggot user, I enjoy all these games and genres, but they're alternatives to shit games, not good ones.

See

My only complain about modern gaming is the lack of PC oriented AAA titles and gargantuan file size. Back then, a 1 GB hard disk could contain 200 Duke Nukem 3D sized games. Nowadays, 1 TB is nothing. Also, the only PC oriented games nowadays are strategy games and isometric RPG's, which I'm really not fond of.

Agreed.

Maybe you're just autistic, ever think about that?

So you are okay with games getting more and more consolized for 'anyone' then?

Kill yourself falseflagging consolefag.

You will hardly ever get PC-oriented AAA titles because AAA games are more expensive than ever before and more money lies in console sales. PC remains the superior platform nevertheless and is especially better at handling larger and larger game sizes than a console.

How does that correlate?

Pokemon's kinda gay, but the rest is alright.

Also, if I like Endless Legend, should I play Endless Space?

So you're saying that Call of Duty, Battlefield, Destiny, Need for Speed, Fallout 4, NuFensteim, NuDoom, Gears of War 4, Overwatch, Asscreed, Halo, Starcraft, Diablo 3, FFXV, Persona 5, The Crew, Zeldo, Uncharted, are good games?

I liked P5, Zeldo and a few others that I won't mention because people will get triggered.
Nothing wrong with them.

I kinda struggle to find many alternatives to your games dude, they are pretty niche and I like your taste.
What is alternative for EDF? Or for SRW?
I mean it's not like those series lack games as well. If you sick and tired of one SRW just go play another. No fucking chance that you played ALL of them.
The only thing I can name as a clear alternative is Way of The Samurai being smaller budget alternative to Yakuza, but if you're saying it's shit then fuck you.
If you like A-Tomato - there is a whole world of cuhrayzee games made by plat and otherwise.

What's wrong with AAA games, except for being AAA? I always found games made for wide audiences with huge budgets following latest trends to be complete shit made specifically not for me. So I'm not sure how they change over the years.
Game with cutting edge graphics always required bullshit amount of storage space. When diablo 2 came out, I didn't have hard drive big enough for it.
How it is different now?

Good in relation to what? They are deliver exactly what their consumers want from them. Easy flash trendy fun.

>>>/suicide/

Oh yeah, even if the inherently different gameplay mechanics won't grab you from the get go, the comfy music, atmosphere and Universe/Lore will.

I cannot believe you got that from what I was saying. Try reading it again, read more into the "alternatives" part.
Tell me again how Persona 2 and Nocturne are so amazing despite them being nothing like the Hashino trilogy so the comparison is completely autistic, only proving my point.

People here get their panties in a twist really fast and join in on the avalanche of people calling everything trash.

That also rhymes, look at that

All I want is games like the 5th and 6th generation but with a modern feel. I haven't run up a magical stairway full of monsters or jumped over infuriating three-dimensional platforms or learned new melee/environmental moves for so long. I have my backlog, sure, but I want to actually enjoy something new with people like I used to.

It makes people who actually don't like the games look bad when faggots like you hate them only because of memes

If you see gaming as something that anyone can get into, of course you're going to get less PC oriented games every year. Who do you think keeps pushing for said "consolized" games? Casuals and PC MASTER RACE faggots who think "60 FPS + Good Grafix + 4K = PC Game"

Sounds reasonable. Why don't they make console games simply ports of PC games instead of console oriented games though?

I enjoyed Fallout 4 more than Ultima 7, Daggerfall, Arena, Gothic I and II, Wizardry, etc.
NuDoom has better graphics and combat than Half Life.

Old AAA games still had more novelty and customization than modern ones.

Well, back then you could buy CD or DVD's instead downloading huge file sizes.

Son, shit like C&C, Max Payne, Half Life, FFIX, DMC, etc
Use to be the norm, I'm not saying the ones I listed were bad, far from it, but the quality of AAA games back then rivaled the niche games we have today.
Thats my point

You must be tired
Go to sleep

I'm not saying that everyone should play video games, but anyone with half a brain can turn on a computer, install a game, and enjoy it, unless it's some truly nasty shit like dorf fortress.

What's your problem, homo?

It's easier to port to PC from console than it is from PC to console.

I just woke up though.

No
No

Ah I see, it's absolutely impossible someone could possibly like something you dislike.
You are absolutely right user.

Also from someone that thinks that
all these games are not good, your opinion really means a lot.
Why are you even still playing games?

Novelty is very subjective, but I'd like you to name some old Sci-fi RPG that has customization comparable to say that new Mass Effect. It has bullshit levels of customization.

It takes me the same amount of time to download and install 20GB game today as installing 2CD game back when I had 20BG hard drive. So I dunno. That forza thing that is 100 GB is nowhere near as bullshit as diablo 2's 1,5 gigs if you compare the eras.

You kinda caught me off guard with those. Do they even count as AAA games? Well maybe FF9, but I'm pretty sure huge and flash JRPGs is an annual thing now.
I also don't see a crisis in stylish action genre or cinematic shooters, if you like those.
Never was a huge fan of RTS, but I frequently see something new popping up on steam or youtube. I'm pretty sure there are still mid-range companies that make them

BotW has some fucking huge problems, none of which are any that you listed.
Have you even played 3, 4, or 5? 3 and 4 are literally the same game with a different skin, while 5 is significantly different.

Man, if only you actually played the games you talked shit about because then your criticism would actually make any sense.
I bet in you never even played a single one of these to see what's actually fundamentally wrong with even a single one of them.

RTS is a shambling corpse. But we still got plenty of games for those other genres like you said.

But user what's the point of playing vidya when other anons can tell me what to like and dislike?

:^)

If it's enjoyable it's not a hobby?

Customization as in modding and stuff.

My internet connection is pretty shit then.

I think the problem with today's games is that they're forgetting that they're just that: video games. The last game I've really enjoyed was Nioh. The plot of that game wasn't too complex, but the game mechanics were good enough that I didn't really pay much attention to the story. I was just focused on having fun with the gameplay. To me, it was almost like Nioh was aware that it's just a video game, and it puts all its effort into being a good game. It never tried to overreach the boundaries of what it could be, and that's what I appreciated about it. I can't really say I've "enjoyed" any other game I've played since then, because none of them really put emphasis in their gameplay. That, and I never really went out of my way to play games that lots of people consider good. Maybe my opinions are so bad that I don't know a good game when I see one. I dunno.

I never said those games were bad, quite the contrary

No wonder you're pisser off, you'll eat shit while grinning.

Surely you jest

I'm sorry?

Ok how are empty spaces, gimmicks rather that genuine new mechanics and conveniently omitted by you breakable weapons are not huge problems?

GTA5 is a relatively new game and has thriving modding community.
Oh wait.

To be honest the GTA modding community has never been that interesting

Did they ever figure out how to add good new landscapes?

The games I listed are good games, and are an alternative to AAA which is nowadays shit since the genres they make are either dead or fucking awful with few exceptions.

How are breakable weapons a huge problem? Just because you can't cheap the game out with one weapon doesn't mean the game is bad you fucking mongoloid.

It has never been interesting because T2 kept shutting down anything that remotely had any potential to compete with their shitty online mode.

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

I already played GTAIV though

So you meant the complete opposite of what you said? Can't move the goalposts like that user. It ain't right.

But, whatever. I know how pointless it is to try and tell someone that is convinced a game is shit because they've heard it from here so I won't even try.
Have fun with all those games you like but also don't.

Because you'd have to grind to remake the weapon.

If you think a weapon is too easy then don't use it retard.

That's funny because you can't craft weapons and the sole method of getting new weapons is killing enemies

It's almost like there was thought behind this mechanic to make the game more varied, huh

You might actually be retarded if you think 5 is just Persona 4 plus extra stuff.
Yeah, it sure is streamlined when it brought back the old elements, guns, and demon negotiations. Also:
There are tons of problems you could have actually brought up (DLC shit, exploits like killing death with dispair, plotholes, cutting out parts of the game), but instead you're just repeating shit that you've heard.

Right? it's almost like he has never touched any of these games!

Thats not the point you obtuse nigger
This shit would be added to the regular Los Santos map seamlessly making the game a top tier sandbox
You're a fucking retard
You replied to my post here, listing all the games I liked
With this post here>>12859402
Both these posts prove that you're a goddamn fucking retard.

Thanks for beautifully rejecting all my points with style, grace, and restraint. You're the worst this board has to offer: a faggot who talks about games but won't play them.

Play whatever you enjoy but remember that there's a reason people recommend certain games.

This is not a coherent sentence, but I will try to answer it to the best of my abilities.

I didn't quote this because I really don't like it all that much either. I like the idea of a reason to constantly having to adapt and be ready to use any weapon at a moment's notice but it doesn't make too much sense within the setting of BotW so I won't bother defending it because it's not good but I'm just glad it's something fucking different than using a stupid fucking sword like every past game. I'd rather take this any day than being forced to use a single weapon the entire game.
I have never played a game with a world that felt as full as BotW, and I mean that literally. I'm referring to the wilderness, not the outposts, towns nor the "dungeons" the game has to offer. The interactions with the wildlife and the environment and the game's ability to constantly grab your attention with something in the distance somehow allows the game to never fall into the pit that every other open-world game has. It's funny since the open-world is BotW's strongest part while everything else is just subpar or boring. But people who haven't played the game, apply the standard criticism of open world games rather than something actually applicable to BotW because all they see is an open world game with breakable equipment.
I'm not sure what you mean by this, but I will assume the powers the game gives you with the Sheikah(?) Slate. These powers are not gimmicks like you imply because they can quite literally be used anywhere for interesting interactions in so many ways. BotW is a very systems based game and these powers contribute to these systems in ways not even the developers thought of. This I believe it transcends the idea of being a simple gimmick. My problem with them is that there aren't enough and you get all of them immediately which leads to no real sense of progression outside of heart containers and stamina.
This is not a problem with BotW, this is a problem for every other Zelda game since OoT and to some extent LttP.

The game is far from perfect. But it nearly achieves perfection with almost everything new it brings to the table. The game's fatal flaws lie in the old stuff it retains. It sort of forgot what made people love Zelda in the first place but it retains its fun from hitting home runs on all the new features.

The DLC is so inoffensive though. It's literally music and shitty costumes. And which parts were cut out of the game? Hasn't this always been the case with a pre-FES/Golden version?
I like that Despair-Death exploit because it just allowed me to fill my compendium at the end of the game and it only breaks the final dungeon and nothing more

It would?
But they clearly show you have to travel there by plane, that doesn't sound very seamless to me.

Now if a whole new, actually well done, island were added next to Los Santos then yeah.

Also I don't know if you realise what you wrote in so I'm going to point it out for the third time.
You end the post with
You clearly state in that exact posts that you don't think these games are actually good. Now if you want to say that was a mistake and that's not what you meant that's okay by me, but that's what you wrote and now you're just denying it.

I haven't even said a word regarding a franchise I have never even touched.
Bite me, fag. I'm not insecure like you.
I pirated BotW on my Wii U and I have no plans to get a Switch until at least NMH3.
Nigger, what?

I cannot find a single mention of Andromeda in the entire thread.
Are you one of those fags that when he gets called out for not playing any games starts to invent things to try and make an argument?

Is that actually going to happen though?
Cause you might be waiting a long ass time

There is one at but it doesn't really say anything about the game.

I can wait.

I know that feel, bro. These days I barely play anything anymore. A couple rounds of Rocket League here and there, because it's quick, but there's fuck all anymore that interests me that lasts longer than 30 minutes at most.
Used to play shooters a ton, but there's not much that interests me anymore that I haven't already played to death.

I partly blame myself because I just can't get myself to play the games I downloaded a while back and am halfway through completing. Much less play new ones.
It's depressing.

What is your definition of a hobby, exactly?

A suggestion: get yourself a PSP or a 3DS
or a controller for mobile

I've started playing loads of GBA, SNES and PS1 games on my PSP and since I don't need to be in front of a PC or a console I do it really often.
I mean sure, my shits now last around 30 minutes, but it's worth it.

This also worked for a normalfag friend who hadn't played games since 2009, now that he has my 3DS he brings it everywhere like a weeb.

Whats your fucking point you retard?
openiv.com/?p=1285
I'm limited to either niche good games or shit mass marketed games insted of goor games both niche and mass marketed like a few years back.
How is this hard to comphreend?
Are you mentally impaired or just being a purposely confused cuckchan tier nigger?

Alright user, you clearly wrote you don't think those games are good, I don't know why you're trying to flip this to make it seem like I'm saying your list is shit, but if that's what you want to do then then I'll leave you to it.

I can't really understand what your strategy is in this case since your posts are clearly there and both me and you can read them, but okay.

I wouldn't have made fun of you if you just admitted you expressed yourself wrong and this was just a big misunderstanding, because, you know, I'm an adult.
I hope we can have a more amicable discussion in another thread where you don't explode in rage, moving goalposts and posting smug pics.

From
Are both you queers slow in the head?

I already beat you to the punch:
What kind of blinders do you have on? Besides, it wasn't me who said anything about it.

If you check right next to your post number you will realise that we have IDs here, that post wasn't made by either of us.

Also I don't know if that new Mass Effect has good customisation since I haven't played or even informed myself about it so I really wouldn't be able to tell you if it's good or bad.

Jesus

My bad on that one

As I linked you here in 4 other posts already you say the games you list aren't good and you play them exclusively because they're the only alternative
Dunno what to tell ya mate

In my post I say

Now let me say it again. You say
And I repeat

Once again
This was written by you. You clearly wrote this. The post has your ID on it

Am I seeing things wrong or are you legitimately fucking with me? Cause if you are you're doing a top notch job
Imma start saging since this has just gone completly off topic either way and we're just shitting up the main page. Please do the same.

They're not the only alternative, they're the only good alternative.
Your reading comphrension is shit

Again
This was written by you

That's a cool cop-out. Every time someone makes a shit game they can just say that game wasn't made for you, even though if you compare them to other, older games of the same genre, and sometimes even in the same series, they're still complete shit. But that's cool, because they're not made for you. Having standards is for gays.
I'm sure you do :^)

I do have a PSP and did that. Also emulated some PSP games because some parts broke and I can't be bothered to replace them. I preferred emulating honestly, because I'm gonna be in front of my PC anyway.
Can't really think of any games I'd want to play from those libraries anymore though.