I literally couldn't play video games for 7 years because I didn't have money to buy a console or a PC

I literally couldn't play video games for 7 years because I didn't have money to buy a console or a PC

I just now was able to buy a new PC, and I've played:
the game is great in all senses, but I don't want to finish it for some reason, still a 10/10 experience
also great, but I'm not looking for a long-ass game
what are some good games of this decade that I should check out? I know about The Witcher 3, but as I said, I'm not really looking to play long games at the moment.

Other urls found in this thread:

startpage.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So you're either underage or NEET who doesn't know how to game the system.

Maybe that's because you've grown attached to the characters and don't want to see their story end.

that's a shame
you can finish it 26 different ways

or maybe I had other priorities
whatever, just rec some games

Mighty Switch Force

I played shit on my Family's shitty mac for years before I had my own PC. That is still low end.

Hotline Miami
Lisa
Space Station 13

Whatever did happen to that guy? He went off the deep end brushed some chicks shoulder and she freaked the fuck out.
Is he back in Clarence?

Do they have to be PC games or can they be old console/handheld games

As long as they can be (reasonably) emulated, I'm fine. I don't know if I can emulate 360/PS3 games though.
I have a GTX 1050Ti and an i5-4600

I found a ps4 at goodwill for only $75, what all is restricted in online functionality behind PS+, like, can you still get other people's little big planet levels or is just all online functionality and not just matchmaking is shit out of luck and I should stick straight to single player heavy games and indieshit?

Dark souls

Asking because if I remember right there was still some online shit you could do on the Xbox/360 such as message sending things like custom vehicles and things for forza and leaderboards, things like that.
Sage for doubleposting.

I'm pretty sure you get all the online functionality save fore interacting with other players. You can still send messages and friend requests, and in games you can see leaderboards and LBP levels, you just can't play with others. For example you'll never get invaded by other players in dark souls or can't play MP in CoD.

So player content heavy games won't be badly gimped? Thanks user.

I somehow didn't notice the part about long games at first but these aren't very long and you pretty much know what you're going to get after the first level. A bunch of good ones at the top of my head:
Doom NOT the shitty 2016 one
Quake
Half-Life and Half-Life: Opposing Force
Each 2D Metroid game and then AM2R
Cave Story
Star Wars: Jedi Knight 2 and 3
Dwarf fortress
Xonotic
Burnout: Paradise
OpenRCT

Emulate:
Aladdin for SNES
Donkey Kong Country trilogy
Spyro the Dragon trilogy
Crash Bandicoot trilogy
Zelda series (2D first, stop at Twilight Princess)
Super Mario Bros. 1
Super Mario Bros. 3 (Super Mario All-Stars has a version with better graphics)
Yoshi's Island
Kirby series (Start with Kirby's Dreamland for GB or Kirby Superstar for SNES)
EVO: Search for Eden
Ecco the Dolphin
SSX Tricky (emulate the PS2 version because the Gamecube version has a stuttering glitch)

Also check out Holla Forums gamenight, which is organized at its own board >>>/radcorp/ and any threads here about hidden gems. There's also "weird old vidya" threads and threads with that iceberg picture if you want to find some neat obscure shit.

>mfw my first impression of the PS1 was Shrek's Treasure Hunt and i liked it

Emulators for either of them are only just now starting to pick up and only run a few games, but your specs sound good enough.

Use startpage.com/

bait

Leave while you still can. Video games are a waste of time.

Thank you for your contribution to this thread. Your post was very thought-provoking and contributed much to the conversation.

Mount and Blade Warband

It gives you the results of jewgle without the tracking. If you don't want even that, there's searx.me.

There's a Holla Forums game night for it this weekend too

nier automata was a horrible game IMO. refunded that shit on steam quick.

ixquick.eu for Ixquick results only.

Try out E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy. Came out in 2011, and has some fascinating gameplay.

I did actually
I got from some humble bundle and played it on my old laptop.
Cool game, it gets really fun when you become OP

Whoever made that wikia page should be shot

Hasn't wikia only recently gone to fucking shit?

Wikia is at best, an ad infested shit but the deal is that you've got some mongoloid making "Holla Forums GAME LISTS" fucking everywhere as if he was some reddit kid screencapping posts and posting them elsewhere.

I seriously hope that image was made three years ago and you're only posting it ironically

Well, it is pretty accurate.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting

Elaborate for a recommendation per "priority".

I haven't even kept up with Holla Forums, do they still mouthbreathe about system security and true anonymity while using mid-range to top-of-the-line parts they should already know are constantly phoning home to their parent companies?

Yes. It's either that or they jerk themselves to the FOSS kickstarter of the month. The idea of say, having a windows PC and a linux one is unthinkable and they won't stop repeating the same old shit about how the chinks can hack into your computer's webcam even if you don't actually have one plugged in.

Yes, but with more underage pajeets shilling Microsoft® Windows™ 10 while pretending to use Gentoo.

Play artificial academy 2. Or VTMB

A well built PC from 2010 can probably play anything that's good save for some harder to emulate PS2 games.
A hundred yen have been deposited into your account.

play the catalog game

It had a perfect ending, I just wish it didn't have to be…

Fallout New Vegas
Dead Space 2
L.A. Noire
Alice Madness Returns
Hotline Miami
Metal Gear Rising: Revengance
Shadow of Mordor
Shovel Knight
Subnautica
Rogue Legacy
Resident Evil 7
Earth Defense Force 4.1
UnderRail
Cities Skylines
Darkest Dungeon
Dying Light
The Talos Principle

Holla Forums these days should just be renamed /gnuautism/ or something.
They will fling shit on any Windows related thread that's anything other than pure Windows bashing. Sometimes mods will even purge Windows threads for no reason (I'm talking honest threads with meaningful / technical discussions).
And they're completely ignorant about anything else that's not Linux.
Hardware threads turn into pure tinfoil insanity where they explain how even your power supply or your $5 mouse are spying on you while the computer is turned off.
Holla Forums and even Holla Forums have better tech threads than Holla Forums.