Am I the only one who noticed that you can tell if a game is good or not by its soundtrack? Think about it...

Am I the only one who noticed that you can tell if a game is good or not by its soundtrack? Think about it, can you think of a good game with a bad soundtrack? Even bad games with good soundtracks tend to have one or two redeeming factors. Really bad games tend to have bad soundtracks as well.

Look user, Odyssey looks breddy gud, but can you stop shilling for it? It's coming out in October and they've shown off all the gameplay they can until then, this is like the 5th Odyssey thread we've had this week. You're getting paid, I get it, tone it down a bit, anons are going to hate this game if you keep shilling it like this.

GIVE ME THE FUCKING GAME!!!

Nigger, I am using it as an example since its sound track has been good so far but the point still stands even if I used something from MGR, besides what's the point of a videogame board if anons can't mention games that look good.

What would you consider as a game with a shitty soundtrack?

RE Director's Cut

Maybe I've just been lucky, but I don't think I've ever played a game with a "bad" soundtrack, boring sure, but that was never a sign of whether or not the game was good

So your argument is games with good soundtracks aren't bad games as they "tend to have one or two redeeming factors (such as soundtrack)"
Sound is an important aspect of games, maybe that's why you believe this.

not always

The new DOOM.

Maybe when this stops being the only good AAA game coming out.

I'm still in dual shock over this. I can't describe it, there's no way this wasn't a mechanical fucking failure with the files they used for the music, I refuse to believe it was intentionally like this.

Back over the border with you.

i think sounds are one of the better memory triggers, so its easy to remember a lot of good games with good soundtracks. although by that same logic i should be able to think of a game with a really grating annoying soundtrack, right? but im coming up dry.

Your hypothesis sounds more subjective than objective. In most cases it's obvious, where as in others it's more a choice of preference. Like the Burnout Paradise OST. It's an opinionated thing.

Sonic '06: Bad game, good soundtrack.
Jet Set Radio: Good game, good soundtrack.
Marvel v Capcom 2: Good game, bad soundtrack.

Yeah, the soundtrack.
A bad game with a good soundtrack will always be more fun than the same game with a bad soundtrack would be because the first one is enjoyable to listen to while the second one just sucks.

This is never true. You're probably not even the only you. Somewhere in the world, there is another who looks and acts as you do, and is just as much a faggot as you

The song from the Trailer #1 sucked ass.

The song from Trailer #2 is basically J(azz)-Pop

it will be bretty gud. I havne't looked forward to a game in about 10 years for what it's worth.

For those who didn't know

I think it was revealed that he isn't actually deaf, either.

First trailer song got updated

Yeah he was outed for being a liar.

Even average games can have godly (www) soundtracks.

Sweet, so neither of us will be virgins if we ever meet.

Transport Tycoon. I'm not a supreme enough gentleman for all that adlib jazz.

Yeah, the melody of the song along with the instrumentation sounded exactly like Galaxy's.

The new trailer sounds closer to Mario's roots as a Brooklyn plumber, which is nice given the level.

On another note, hardly anyone realizes that Mario got retconned from a Parkour Gorilla wrangler, to a construction man, to a plumber, to a full-time fantasy Princess rescuer, huh?

lmfao

I'll buy your stupid fucking game if can find the stupid fucking console first you fucking kikes. Ship sizable supplies. Fuck you.

He was always intended to be a general purpose character that could fit any mold, but the jump (no pun intended) from carpenter to plumber was definitely odd

I just wanted to see what OP meant by "a bad soundtrack", he provided a pretty good example.

C'mon user

If that's our criteria, then it's gotta be this. It might be low-hanging fruit, but everything else is ear-shatteringly awful, good only for a single listen. This badboy, despite everything, somehow manages to be a good song and thus the most memorable.

The majority of the Sonic franchise shits all over this theory

EDF has a shit soundtrack

I know an Easy solution
Live in Australia not America
Then you have to pay $500 for the Switch

I think the only thing that really bothers me about Odyssey is the inconsistent stylization. Sometimes the areas look real world, other times they look cartoony, and this seems to extend to animals and objects as well.

Still looks fun, but we'll see. BotW was filled with promise then shit the bed after an hour of play.

Apparently that's supposed to be intentional, since the theme of the game is Mario exploring worlds that are strange and alien to him. That doesn't explain some things like why Pauline is more stylised than the other people of her world though.

I think the problem is that even conceptually they'd need more variety to pull it off. Amazing World of Gumball does this well by balancing a bunch of different styles thrown into the world. With this you just have Sonic 2006 syndrome of characters that just don't fit the worlds they are in.

Still, it's a pretty minor gripe.

We've seen some unique looking environments. The black and white world. The low poly world. They could be pushing it harder though. Maybe have unique enemy designs for every place rather than generic goombas and other typical Mario enemies showing up everywhere.

The biggest loss to this thread is the fact that OP had to shoehorn this fucking game in a simple OST's from bad games thread.

This is the 4rth thread with Odyssey in the OP I've seen today and the 6th time I've seen that same fucking song embedded. Give it a fucking rest. There's no reason this question couldn't be put on the Odyssey thread when OP could have used any game that's actually out as a better example to reinforce what he's saying.

OP,
the proverbial retard
judging a book by the cover
you have to go back.

Is this a form of Haiku I'm not familiar with?