Rimworld general

old one is on page 14, i'd say it's dead enough
post comfy murder farms
recommended mods:
You'll need HugsLib for most new mods:
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28066.0
These are the one I use that make the game better without strictly changing vanilla's design
> Vanilla Friendly Weapon Expansion ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=31526.0
> A Dog Said ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29310.0
> Improved Surgery ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=24975.0
> Cheaper Components ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=19068.0
> Chemical Extraction and Neutroamine Crafting ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26108.0
> DESurgeries ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=22120.0
> EDB Prepare Carefully ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6261.0
> FashionRimsta ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=24432.0
> More Vanilla Turrets ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9521.0
> RBSE Lite Edition ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28731.0
> RT Solar Flare Shield & Fuse ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11272.0
> Simple Sidearms ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32497.0
i highly recommend simple sidearms, really makes the combat a lot more manageable

Other urls found in this thread:

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33593.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33092.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33693.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33656.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29054.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=31647.0
github.com/XenEmpireAdmin/AnimalCollabProjectA17
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29316.0
youtube.com/watch?v=9PQFCMkkkjQ&t=331s
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2890.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=31009.0
loverslab.com/topic/73498-rimworld-sex-mod-rimjobworld-rjw/
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=31990.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=30114.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26563.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33027.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33387.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12934.0
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Newbie here, I wanna build up an infestation in one of the mountains on the map so I can train my colonist's Shooting abilities, anybody good ideas on how to plan the build layout when I mine the mountain please?

So far I'm thinking a large pocket for the hives and bugs to spawn into on one end, then a long corridor leading to a sandbagg'd exit where the colonists shoot from, with lots of barb wire along the corridor.

pic related is the sort of thing I'm thinking of, 3 hours in paint

traps right after the hives would ba handy
not in the tunnel since people will get trapped when rearming them

I'm trying to like this game really hard, but it doesn't want to be liked.
I am starting to feel upset, specially after playing Oxygen not Included. It feels pretty empty at the moment but at least I can make characters do what I want to do, and when they refuse it's obvious why they do it. Does it get better or should I just give up?

sounds like you have your work priorities fucked up
unless you're talking about a wall, it shouldn't matter. and walls can be made by multiple people
draft your colonists and tell them to attack?
you really shouldn't be hunting predators. only do that with skilled shots
if you want people to not walk around, you can set sleep/joy/work hours, getting them to reset their task can be done by drafting/undrafting them

cougar.. you need like 4 guys with 4 decent guns with all decent skill, you need draft them and manual take that shit down.

can't group select? o-real-y?

all your wondering around problems are purely do to your mismanagement of the task list.

Nice farm, looks a bit flammable though…
What mod do you have to group the resources list?
Are the deadfalls in front of the sandbags effective?

grouping isn't a mod, it's one of those options on the bottom right of the screen
haven't had much of a chance to test the deadfalls, every enemy so far has died from ranged attacks, or they avoided the deadfalls
the idea is for me to still have an area where i can exit if necessary, but without risking someone stepping on a trap. and the traps still force the enemies to have to line up to enter, or get hit

update: i've got limestone/brick walls with doors
flamability shouldn't be an issue unless our forward defenses fail

Weird but ok.

there's an animal bed in every room, that one just happens to be unnocupied

12 chairs
6 pawns
nice

it's for the guests :^)

So, what is the most efficient way to make a living room? Also, is there a way to make a proper bar or restaurant and have people serving tables instead of everyone just taking food from the communal fridge?

Tables, chairs, and something to do, as well as shelves to hold meals. All set right next to your kitchen, which should be close to or added to a slaughterhouse (animal area, butcher table).

No, not like you probably think it. You can set stockpiles and areas and sort of pretend like that's what's going on, but that'll get way too bulky too quickly.

If you have excess of wood, you can even build wooden bunkers outside to bait raiders into using it. Then you burn the motherfucker down.

I see, that's a shame.

What I do normally is set up a guess room with a storage near for them to buy useless stuff.

Anyway, what rooms are useful on a colony? because sometimes I just make a hole in the mountaint and fill it with workshops of different natures.

I'm in the progress of expanding my drug cartel. See first pic for the approximate size of phase 1 of the fort before expansion. Second pic was the structure I originally claimed as tribals and expanded into the fort. Since I had one colonist with chemical interest, I cannot have drugs in a stockpile, so all meth cooking is done in a separate building in the southern border with a nice freezer holding all the opiates. I plan to eventually turn it into a one man settlement and just lock a colonist inside to make meth.

And current expansions in pic 4. It will have an armory, a hospital, 5x5 space rooms for all the colonist, central dining room, central entertainment room, the largest space reserved is for the hydroponics room since I plan to bring all food agriculture indoors and leave the outside lands for opoid, hay cotton and devilstrand cultivation only and up north will be the final area for the barn.

Probably just depends on what you want to do. You could just slap everything into one big efficient room where everything is safe and nothing ever happens, and you could be all minimalist and shit too. I like to carve shit out of the mountains and make shit as big as I can get it before it falls over. That Hospitality mod helps with that a lot.

Oh and my prison will be upgraded to a full security prison that doesn't need people going in and out all the time. Then I'll start selling slaves as well as drugs. Probably going to move the workshops to the northern side of phase 2.

I see, I try doing that, but people get depressed underground.

Just draft them and take them outside once in a while.

You see this? It means "not welcome!"

You can do better than that, user.

You are a swine and not my nigger.

I'm playing in a filthy casual biome with 3 growing seasons, so no need for the extra "ham".
I guess I could burn them but the graves are a nice scoreboard

You don't eat people because of hunger, you eat them in principle.

If you really want to have the bodies stay arround as trophies, make a corpse disposal path for enemies to rot and be used as a real moral hit to other invader.

you know you can just have them shoot a mountainside or any other structure to train shooting

it's not that the game doesn't want to be liked, it's that you're an actual mongoloid who can't into plain logic and giant labeled buttons

Doesn't shooting at enemies raise xp gain rate by a ton?

You are a big guy

Alright, seems somehow I overlooked the purpose of drafting. I will give it another chance. To be honest its always scary seeing people talk about mods like OP did, I would rather not touch "great" games like Bethesdashit and Minecraft that need 1TB of mods to be enjoyable.

Just shoot at a bit of plasteel ore because it has millions of health.
To get rid of bugs easily, just make a room in a mountain with foyer room to it with about four stools and vents connecting the two. If the far room is dark and surrounded by enough mountain tiles while being more than something like sixteen tiles in area (and you don't have other rooms that are similar or more mountainy in your base) the bugs should almost always spawn there. Then all you have to do is throw a molotov at the stools and let them burn up. The two rooms should get to over 200C pretty quickly and set all the bugs on fire. They'll all huddle around their nests when they get heat stroke for some reason but that helps you because when they spontaneously combust their nests will catch too. If not then just wait for the fires to die down and send in someone with a sword and a devilstrand duster (or something else that gives massive heat resistance) to chop them down.

I lel'd

This and also a corpse freezer is great for your carnivorous pets (like your hauling dogs) to eat from. Saves you time making kibble and the pets don't mind.

Forced job prioritizing and drafting will become your best friends. Your ant farm needs some micro to reach full potential.
Most mods you really want for RW are just for fine-tuning pawn AI and improving your information tabs. Most of the most popular ones that actually add or alter content are grossly OP and will nullify all difficulty for any vaguely competent player and immediately break the game's economy. Not familiar with a lot of the mods in the OP but the "vanilla" turret one utterly erases the difficulty.

Some other really fucking good mods:
> Research Pal and Help Tab ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33593.0
> Right Tool for the Job ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33092.0
> Pawns are Capable! ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33693.0
> Water Power ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33656.0
> Set Up Camp ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29054.0

Good Non-Vanilla Shit
Star Wars Expansion ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=31647.0

Also plugging some things I worked on:
> Animal Collab Project github.com/XenEmpireAdmin/AnimalCollabProjectA17
> Nerve Stapling ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29316.0

well that's way better than the slave collars i've been using

I recently updated the slave mod too. I fixed a number of the problems people were having but it's still qualified as unfinished. Could have bugs/oversights that I missed. Nerve Stapling works 100% as far as I'm aware though.

I only use combat extended as the content changing mod because I liked the who DF styled ranged calculation better and bleeding out on the battlefield is fun.

I installed Hardcore SK again
send help

Flash storm started a massive forest fire, how long's it gonna take for the rain to come?

ah, a second after I post it rains, praise the lord

I remembered why I uninstalled the game in the first place

give them luciferum or some other useful drug, increased blood circulation can cure the plague

What do you do if that gives them an erection lasting longer than 4 hours?

i don't see the problem

I dont think luciferum is a practical solution for LOLPLAGUE before the settlement reaches the point you even get to choose a fucking name for it.
When its second week into the settlement and all 3 colonists get plague at the same time its a meme supreme.

Finished up the foundations of my newly minted prison. On an unintended benefit, the same corn that will become my prisoner's nutrient paste, is also a favourite dining spot of my dog hauler team.

good hint on the sidearms mod, these things are fucking awesome
any tips on better hauling mod? I got the one for perishables first, but dunno if its better

On the farm everything is good, prepping up for winter, think its going to be a hard one

>his rolls are USELESS
well fuck

THANK YOU EMERGENCY EMBRASURES

Anyway, do you guys have good ideas for defenses and kill boxes? at least places they can't escape to be just shot down.

Wooden bunkers for the raiders. It werks.

there's a mod that lets haulers put materials in structures that need to be built, rather than just the constructers doing it
i think it was called lend me a brick or something like that

you could build dummy storages outside of your base, make them with wood
when the enemies come in there you can shoot them with molotovs or an incindiary launcher and let them burn while you have a couple of people building stronger walls around them

Hm… interesting ideas. I'm interested in something that might keep them trapped while I prepare to mowl them down with guns.

I love collecting human flesh until there is no room left in my storage rooms.

long green text

>finally realize the base is so fucking hot because of MY EMBRASURES I FORGOT ABOUT

Prepare to be colonially enriched.

I always build inside mountains and in tundra biomes so I don't have heat troubles, but how can you isolate your base's temperature properly?

where's the fucking rimworld vs dorf fort comic

if you're in a mountain heat waves shouldn't be that big of a problem, especially if you aren't in a warm area
passive coolers can get you through a heat wave
ultimately air conditioners are the only good option
is there something like a cryosleep chamber in the game or modded? like put your people in there for a few days and when they come out the heat wave will be over.

There are actually vanilla medical pods. You could make an emergency room and keep everyone inside just to keep them safe.

but do they come out on their own or does someone rescue them?

I believe they can get out on their own, but now I'm not sure. You might have to make rotations maybe.

What you need to do is pile them all up in a single location and toss a molotov onto it.

The strong should feed on the weak.

welp, that's the end of that colony
i really shouldn't have given the incindiary launcher to someone right before someone next to them went berserk
in retrospect building an incindiary launcher and leaving it to the people in general might have been a mistake

it was called hand me that brick,
this why I'm wondering if too many mods are starting to make a mess, I don't know if they conflict
still the most annoying thing about hauling is that they take 10 minutes to cross the map, and get only one unit of that thing when there are a lot of other stuff to haul right next to them

yeah, there are buildable pods and you can use those pods you find in ancient ruins too
generally is used to put someone in really bad condition to sleep while you wait for means medicate them

it sounds really cool to be able to put everyone to sleep through a disaster, but I think you need at least one colonist awake, and he gonna have bad time keeping things up I assure you

how do i get rid of the gays? they're always moody and a pain to deal with in small colonies

Send them to attack a big animal naked and without armor.

It's like he's never taken a history class or something.

Download the furnace mod, make a stone outbuilding with just the furnace and one extra square for standing, as well as a power switch next to the building on the outside. Draft your faggot, get him to stand in the room, then have someone else flip the switch.

Bake at 2000ºC for 2 minutes. Strip the faggot of all his possessions before putting him in there, of course.

Anyone got a link to pirate? Haven't played this type of game in awhile, figure I'll try it out first if I can.

is there any mod that adds land mines? something that explodes could work really well in my dummy storages

The base game has IEDs, not that I've ever used them so I'm not sure if they act like mines.

Whatever happened with that one warhammer mod? Does that work with the sidearms mod?

finally have enough food to last me a lifetime, turkeys tamed, and suddenly chickens come
if i somehow run out of food i'm uninstalling the game

but are they automatic or do i have to remotely activate them?

They act as mines, when stepped on they explode.

Holy shit. This thing alone makes me want to reinstall this goddamn game.

Manual iirc but it's very easy to adapt the code from the regular spring trap. It also makes it very easy for animals or random pawns to blow up and take a part of your base with them.

well nevermind, the base is dead because i had the game running for 5 minutes while i'm watching a video, and the games sound is turned off, so a zerg of rabbits invaded, i didn't hear them, all of my people got killed individually since there was no controlled effort to fight the rabbits
by the time i came back there were probably 20 dead rabbits all over my base, but everyone was too wounded to heal each other so they died from blood loss, although even if i had helped them they would have died from the trillion infections they had because of all the bleeding

I warned you. I warned you about all-wood construction, bro.

people can do basic medic stuff on themselves now on the latest version

not the ones with no medical skill, or the ones that are already downed

how was i supposed to know my own people would be my downfall. my defenses were meant for raiders

wew lad.

wew lad. (that weapon is always useless for def)

fucking hell still to this date every update breaks every fucking thing up

Yeah, you leave the incendiary launcher outdoors on a rack, where it is only equipped on raids where you have built wooden barricades a small distance away facing your base with a small stockpile of chemfuel placed conveniently where the raiders would be standing for cover.

infestations video youtube.com/watch?v=9PQFCMkkkjQ&t=331s

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2890.0
motion sensor for room to power on turrets

-Manual switching
-An automatic pawn in room switch on
-An automatic pawn nearby switch on
-An automatic enemy found switch on
-An automatic enemy found switch off
-Timed switching (programable)
Repeat clicking on the UI to change the times.
The set times are shown in the description
-Hidden power conduits are also available through research

still not the same as they had in CCL,
I already have the switch mod and I use to turn off unnecessary lights in the night
the other one simply had the workbench draw power only when worked on,
and having motion sensors on every single room isn't very practical

Thanks! Very interesting

Filthy frank and the rest of the cunts.

STATS correct or nah

how about you fuck off, you autistic memeshitter

Fuck off sand nigger. I want to make worst three man squad and I thought of those clown. Ball breaking dick sponge

Are these some YT e-celebs? Fuck off with that shit

>>>/reddit/
Fuck off.

But has any user run a Holla Forums playthrough where you gas everyone who's not pale as oats.

That's every playthrough.

What's your favourite gas mechanism? I have two rooms connected to the freezers and then I'll assign degenerates to said room and put a wall in front of the door.

Everything inside cooks up
Thats also great way of getting rid of bugs infestation

I use the furnace mod.

you can make a closed room on a geyser (or around a geothermal so you get some power as well) and then send them in there, the temperature in the room will go from 0 to 400+ C° in a sec. nearly killed one of my colonist by accident by sending him to repair a geothermal wich i closed with 2 walls thick room as protection from attacks, luckily i was hovering the gen. while he was headed there and saw the temperature rising

Jesus, I made it a habit to place a 4 slot unroofed instruction around the geysers before walling them up, but I used to use them for central heating pre-electricity by roofing it up during winter and ducting the steam to a much larger single wall hall (so that the heat escapes fast enough) and unroof it after winter. After being able to build power stations on it, it still occasionally heats the doors up to 600 C even after having a 4 tile chimney for the steam to escape. But I remember making use of a wild geyser for anti-raider trap purpose

every fucking time

fresh tribals on my hardcore run
I used to dread raids because I started off with no real combat pawns, just highly specialized producers
now I've since recruited a several good shooters and brawlers and everyone is kitted out
raids are a lot more satisfying when you have doggos to unleash right as the attackers break and start retreating

thanks boomrat :')

>>>/redchanit/
Fucking kill yourself, you cancerous faggot.

in a previous playthrough i had huskys or wolves (some canine that could only eat meat) and after they bred too much i just ended up letting them eat raiders as their main source of food

Should I wait few years until we get some major updates then try again?

what the fuck
where's all that lightning coming from

>victim is useless again, note their name down next to "organ harvesting"
W = wallE = EmbrasureS = SandbagC = ColonistWC C C C C WWWEEWEEWSEWEEW ... EEWW
this feels strange

Why would you build cross sideways?

anybody heading from a westerly direction would see the cross at a correct orientation. why does this matter?

I used to really think a lot about ranges and force composition, and have a mix of weapons like keeping heavy SMGs and shotguns for up-close work
now it's almost all assault rifles just because a group is easier to control and setup
I give all my "careful shooters" a bionic eye and a sniper rifle though

It tingles my autism

thats some low tier useless autism, my aryan autism is superior

/r/ the new version for Linux

Give them 2. Unlike bionic arms and legs there's no drawbacks to using bionic eyes

There are drawbacks to bionic arms and legs? Do raiders even use EMP devices?

Downloading it now, something I should know before first play?

Bionic arms and legs are considered one part compared to how robust organic arms and legs are. It takes less shots on average to down a bionic person.

is there a mega for the latest version?

#!VuZAjZZR!YYggY5SzKgXfWjwbGnW6c-rQZ-aTMHnZ10KTzI71jZw

thanks user

nice try weather

shouldn't have raided me buddy ;^)

Ah shit, he died before I could stablize him, guess they're together in heaven now.

Can you win this game?
I finally managed to have a functional freezer to store fod for decades and I built my defenses and removed everything that could burn and I'm fucking bored

There is a beacon on the other side of the globe and you are supposed to migrate there.

And then you win?
What a retarded game

Better get migrating retard

either do what said, or research so much that you can eventually build your own ship and leave the planet
both are difficult because you need lots of resources
you can't just migrate the whole planet in one go because you'd need tons of food for that, and you can only carry so much
and surviving long enough to do all the research for all the ship parts and getting all the resources for them takes a long time

How much cheating did you do to get this so well laid out?

This is my tundra randy intense map. Pretty fun so far, but the colony population is volatile ;)

starting a new colony with nothing but cannibals is fun
every raid brings in fresh meat and leather
your guys get a mood buff just for eating, and also when wearing human leather clothing
you can eat the meat raw in a pinch and still have a net positive mood buff
cannibals seem rarer than they used to be though, so unless you cheat you have to take what skills you can get

combat extended, is that the successor to combat realism? Do you still have ammunitions, extra turrets, loadouts? Is it compatible with simple sidearms?
is it still satisfying to slaughter a whole group of tribals with shotguns filled with birdshot?

Fuck this game

Yes, yes, yes, yes, I think I think so? Haven't tried shottying tribals yet

fuck this this shit i finally have had it with the nogs and subhumans and this is what i get.

if you play this game, don't even bother "tolerating" them for the sake of more workforce. full Goldenbaum or go home, you won't regret it.

I can't play Rimworld without monstergilrs mod anymore.
I have a cowgirl farm.

Then I made the mistake of installing Rimworldjob.

Now I have a futa centaur with a horsecock and lamias with 2 dicks, fairies and catgirls raping my comfort prisoners non-stop. My colonists can't get a turn.

Moral of the story - don't install sex mods.

There are no mods like that, but good try.

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=31009.0
loverslab.com/topic/73498-rimworld-sex-mod-rimjobworld-rjw/

hook and sinker
but i'm sure he's happy so good job anyway

the rimjobworld mod gives two cocks to the monster girls mods? Now that is some end game content there.

On the topic of adding vehicles now that we have roads, which was mentioned in an earlier thread, I had an idea that makes me very sad.

Imagine the ability to add a range of vehicles–vans for carrying many pawns, trucks for carrying items, trailers for carrying tons of items, heavy vehicles for running combat or more trailers, big RVs for sleeping/comfort, etc. Imagine also the ability to daisy chain vehicles.

You could go full Outback and road train the hell out of the map.

You could have your entire base constantly on the move, traveling between cities and raider bases doing all the shit you'd normally do, but moving. If you were low on food, you'd stop on a square, plop down some temporary housing, and farm the local land until you had what you needed. If you were low on fuel, go to the rainforest, clear cut a square, turn it into chemfuel, and boom.

I want to road train around the fucking planet, taking out raider bases and claiming them for my own, leaving a pawn or two there to maintain it until my next visit, and trading with everyone as the ultimate caravan. BUT THEY WILL NEVER LET US DO THIS.

Why are some of my colonists complete shit at pathing? I installed bionic legs on my constructor to speed up her work, but it wasn't noticable, so I've been following her around for 2 days straight. She always walks to a path and touches it with her bionic legs before running out through grass, trees, and marsh. It doesn't happen just some of the time. It's literally all of the time. She actually walks further away from the goal sometimes just to use inefficient ground. Not all of the colonists do this, but there is more than one.

Is there a way to fix this or a mod I can apply to fix pathing?

tfw forced to make a brothel chamber near the center of the base to prevent colonists from walking 10 miles to rape prisoners 3 times per day
tfw forced to remove it from the home zone to prevent the colony from spending all day cleaning up dog cum

No, but you can use the in-game debug menu.

Go to AddHeaddiffs -> implant -> chose what kind of penis ->genitals. Repeat is necessary.

You can also use Attach instead of Implant to add bionic penises or vaginas. This replaces the original though.

I think there is a mod that improves pathing.

well we can't have any of that because muh performance
the game is limited to 2 active maps at a time i think
and if we had cars, we'd very easily be able to reach the AI that has a ship, so they'd have to disable that win condition

Hopefully a mod in the future will allow us to go full madmax

I'm waiting on the mod "RuntimeGC" ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=31990.0 to go A17, promises to fix a lot of the performance issues that occur late game. It's like ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=30114.0 but likely less buggy.

For some reason my pregnant animals are seeking out drugs. 2 dogs and a boar overdosed on flake now.

I tried making a all female colony that captures males, castrates them, then sales them or cannibalism of the slaves but they keep taking too much of a mood impact i gave up. Even with mods.

cannibalism will give you good mood if your collonist has the sanguine trait
killing a prisoner doesn't have negative mood if you do it during the time period when the prisoner is considered guilty. not sure if the same applies for harvesting organs

either cannibal or psychopath traits should prevent the mood debuffs

One of your slaves probably fed it to them, you might have to check what the pet owners try to feed them and train them with.

I named my lone survivor Ryuko and one of the visiting NPC's was named Satsuki. Spooky.

Meant rich explorer

I don't keep a drug stockpile because I have one chemical interest colonist. So far he hasn't started a drug habit though I had to arrest him twice when he went for a drug desiring trip. So if you manufacture drug but toss it on the floor and have no stockpile for it, apparently colonist will act like the drug doesn't exist.

This is why I never bothered to make drugs, its degenerate.

I wish my map was bigger like wayyyy bigger where you build your base, I want to hunt down other tribes and places and collect slaves but the trip is always so fucking far away its ridiculous. What the hell?

Are you even trying to create a superior human race?

And I was looking forward to taking her leg away.

I would have made her a slave tbh also I didn't know break ups can happen.

Both breakups and divorces can happen. I have a fem colonist who came married to one my starting colonist, divorced him and married the resident nerd instead.

creepy

When looking for a mod to fix pathfinding, I found this mod: ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26563.0
It isn't updated for A17 and apparently fixed this exact issue. I went to the last page of the thread and he claims it was integrated int A17 so it's not needed anymore.

Is there another mod out there that actually fixes the pathfinding? I can't find anything else.

I was just sitting and watching my people walk parallel for 20 tiles next to a road and getting real fucking angry before I finally found this:
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33027.0

mods made it easier to be sure but nothing too cheaty mostly quality of life shit

Oh boy, now to replace the HEAT payload with HE and wait for raiders.

what mod?

it depends. just regular cryosleep pods require somebody to open them. If they're ship cryosleep the person inside can open them.

Guess I just have to replace the dirt with stone roads.

Enjoy starvation

Nah he just has a lazy cook.

Combat Extended. The mod changes how combat work entirely and adds some new but still pretty balanced things like flak cannons, 30mm grenade turrets that need to be manned and .50 cal turrets and auto turrets. The best part is having the multiple ammo system, so now you can let your warden for example carry an assault shotgun that is loaded with beanbags when an escape even happens. For RP purposes, right outside the airlock of the prison I have cabinets with ballistic shields and maces on standby for when people need to get in front of the jail, equip the mace and shield and go in to whoop ass.

sweet silver lining in the toxic cloud

It's like Dwarf Fortress. It's easy to "win" and build a stable secure base if you know what you're doing. From there, you have to make your own fun by trying strange starter groups or fortress designs, or tactics like breeding a swarm of animals to defend your base. Alternatively, Rimworld has a ton of difficulty options so if you're bored, crank it up and see how long you can hold out.

At this point my drug cartel has turned into a puppy mill. Goddamn it. At least I can exchange drugs for steel and puppies for plassteel.

>great! I can test it out on them!
fuck

Tips for using mortars if vanilla (I've used them effectively and extensively before switching over to CE mortars)

If you're running the combat extended mod, get someone to build a binoculars. The mod imposes even more penalty to shooting the mortar blind. Once something is marked, it will have a red cross on it which gives the mortars a big accuracy buff. The binoculars have the range of a sniper rifle and will not cause enemy aggression unless they see you too.

Thanks, just reading up on binoculars now, this ought to make things interesting!

Yeah, definitely need these binoculars, just tried using the mortars again (only EMP rounds left) and one shell fell far short of the enemy lines and landed in the middle 5 of my guys hiding behind cover.

pic related (don't mind those random walls and embrasures, built for a different raid and forgetting to disassemble them gave these pirates some cover)

Silly question, can you actually genocide one faction totally? Do the game give you a message if you do so?

Yeah get the binoculars. I have so much fun basically wiping out raiding parties, siege groups and even poison/psychic ships in 1-2 salvos that I rarely get any raids now.

Minigun caterpillars are still a pain in the arse though because I'm not sure if the minigun's 5000% sight accuracy is a bug or not, but the minigun (which colonist can no longer obtain) basically outranges auto turrets and the only way to disable it is to damage the weapon completely via sharpnel. Anyone you send to fight against the minigun will get torn to shreds.

The phase 2 development of my drug fortress/puppy factory is nearly done. Going to need a brainstorm on what directions to take next

h-holy shit

doesn't the mod author mentions the pathfinding issue and basically admits that its shit?
so currently no available fix for this?

and btw thoughts on the latrine mod?

Yeah, I can't find any fix at all. They know it's busted, but I don't think they know why pathfinding is so shit right now. I've seen colonists leave a 100% speed road to hop across a rock and climb through a tree before returning back and crossing the road, swimming across a pond, and returning back to the road before reaching their goal. Like in my last screenshot where the builder is on a direct road to the blueprint but would rather hop a fence and run through a field before looping back to finish it.

I don't think it's an issue of not looking far enough ahead, because it doesn't seem to look even a tile ahead. That being said, replacing all of my flagstone roads with basic wood floors seems to pleased them, because they use the roads more, but they're still dumb as shit.

I haven't played since A13 but I'm going to have to hop back to A16 after I inevitably lose, because any movement outside of a fortress is awful right now.

I had just sold all of my food to a trader to buy components, steel, and some bionics. I had 10000 plasteel and 0 steel and components, but I really needed to start building advanced bionics from RBSE for my soldiers in the dusters so I can spread them out thinner when raiding enemy settlements. I'm back to a healthy amount of food now.

Now you know why artillery is the king of the battlefield.

Never played on a river map before, seemed like water would make a good barrier but I can't build on shallow water. What to do to wall up and set up a killbox?

there was research for a water pump or something that dried up ground
not sure if you can build on it, but there wouldn't be much of a point in it otherwise

Moisture pumps are good for shallow water and mud, but they can't get rid of deep water unfortunately. There are some mods for bridges but I haven't tried any out yet.

Do floors still serve no other purpose than beauty?

I always thought it was stupid how I can just toss my raw meat on the dirt and suffer no consequences.

you walk at 100% speed as opposed to 70~80%

Actually how dirty your kitchen floor is affects how often you get food poisoning. Dirt has a natural debuff to cleanliness.

Forgot about that, although it's almost 100% on stone anyway.

Oh, so I guess combining the kitchen with the butchering table isn't such a good idea.

Some floors aren't flammable and can prevent fires from spreading.

And remember that sterile tiles increase cleanliness.

Well fuck me. I hate power outages. Probably the fucking electric company doesn't want to upgrade its shitty infrastructure to deal with everyone turning their AC on.

rivers are pretty cool, but unfortunately just annoying obstacles right now,
hopefully they will be more useful soon, like for having water to drink
what was that thing you built on the deep waters?

well shucks…. seem like an fail safe for one to not crash the game on purpose
why even play on ironman anyway, on a in development game?

well hydro power is extremely hard to get,
first thing of all is that it needs to have have flow control (dammed)
second is that is not really feasible for a backwards community of few people

WHY

Also, is tundra comfy in winter? I hope so, first winter is incoming.

t, hasn't doer of snow biome before

snow biome is the perfect combination of comfy and difficulty
make yourself a nice fort in some mountains
pray that things don't go ala "the thing"
and by the end of it you've got yourself a warm little fortress with legions of dead raiders outside, grow your food in hydrophonics, generate heat/energy from geysers
it's even crazier that people have succeeded to survive on ice sheet biomes with no resources but the shit they started with.
speaking of which, is there any mod that lets me harvest ice/snow to make bricks? an igloo base would be awesome

oh my fictional boner

yeah my current game is in a colder temperate biome, an while it can get freezing for a while, most of the year is still comfy temperatures

built a comfy cabin in the woods, but eventually I guess the best option is to always go underground
speaking of which, you guys know if there is really big difference between regular or mountain roofs?

mountain roofs can crush your people if they collapse on them, although it's not very likely to actually hit them
only happened to me once, every other time it's collapsed it missed the people

I'm surprised this game caught on here in the very recent past. I remember RimJobworld threads got barely 50 replies several months ago.

trying a neolithic playthrough of a snowy area, just south of the sea ice
since we don't have sun lamps and can't research them quickly enough i had to instal a fishing mod
still wasn't enough though since i have a very limited supply of wood
so i've got maybe 2 fishes a day, just enough for two colonists
the others and the animals died of starvation and were appropriately butchered for food
i think we can survive this way, hopefully someone will come and sell us some wood to last us the winter
if not, then only one of the colonists will survive because he has a parka

Anyone got a ridiculously inspired and niche run? I feel like nothing cuts it anymore, too many utopias/bases built and run entirely on bones.

Is there a WH40k mod for this game?

I know there was one made or being made, but I don't know how far it got or if it's still active.

Mountain insulates the most from outside heat, though I don't remember how much better it is.
Also bug infestations only spawn underneath mountain roofs.

They changed how the infestations work. Now they spawn within 30 tiles of something you built and the chances are weighted against how deep into the mountain it is, so your honey pot room will still work.

Desert biome while roleplaying as Ceasars Legion from F:NV low tech, mostly melee and chucking spears, no famales in important positions or in military
Raid every settlement around you and post screenshoots of this playtrought itt

Hydro power is one of the very first types of 'autonomous' power ever harnessed, and it only takes basic electromagnets to convert to electricity.
See: Water Mills, Trip Hammers
Embed extremely related. It can be done, and by most anyone.

those comments…
how dare you do that, you down own that water you dirty goyim

Any idea if light or cold still influence it? I recall in the past, both would reduce the spawn rate.

Looking to transplant my open-field base into a mountain, but don't want to fuck myself with infestations.

Really though, hydro is pretty terrible for the environment, especially on large scales. But like how devastating wind turbines are, that gets ignored because the only practical AND environmentally friendly energy is nuclear assuming your reactors aren't run by communists or anti-nuclear groups but most people don't like to admit that.

Is it bad that I'm actually considering saving him? Full time researcher can't be that bad.

The problem with nuclear energy is that there's a bunch of waste that doesn't serve any purpose to us as of yet. We typically store that shit in abandoned mines. Honestly though, I fucking hate the Jewishness of power companies and think that small towns should just invest in solar fields. It's dirt cheap to build, dirt cheap to maintain, and towns would make more money in taxes now that their citizens don't have to concern themselves with obscene rates.

Newest version allows you to designate your monstergirls as comfort prisoners. And works with Child and Pregnancy.

?????

What DO wind turbines do the environment? I've vaguely heard rumblings about their damaging nature, but I havent actually read anything concrete.

nothing id imagine? they are pretty much just giant metal towers with spinning blades.

i suppose one could argue that the vibrations caused by a farm of them could be harmful to the environment by making the land unstable? maybe its the really powerful magnets they use? wind current alteration? honestly the only thing i can think of is the fact that you have to clear out the land surrounding the wind turbine farm but that's nothing compared to a real estate development. Ive noticed lately that any renewable energy source that doesn't benefit the big mining corps gets shat on by 'scientific' studies or railroaded by government environmental protection agencies.

I'm pretty sure people are against them because they "ruin the environment" visually. I've seen many people hating them just because they think wind turbines look ugly, which in a way I agree with.

Pollute scenery.
I just think they're pig disgusting and anyone who actually wants these abominations should be put down.

They fuck up bird flight patterns hard and kill birds of a regular basis, especially if they are built in mass. If you like birds, you don't like wind turbines. I don't fucking care, but environmentalists might.
They take up a shitload of land, mitigated only by the fact they can be built on landfills/waste dumps, but they're inevitably built on nice green hills. Offshore turbines are even more dangerous to birds.
Some more 'minor' concerns: Constructing them takes almost as much waste matter as solar panels. Noise pollution adversely affects animals, and the silent ones are often not very energy efficient or large, requiring more land. Climate can be affected by large amounts of turbines if you point them the wrong way from an elevated hill like a retard.
They're also ugly.

wow all that scenic polution! all those poor birds too stupid to fly around a giant snail pace spinning blade that reach up dozens of meters into the air! all those poor ground hogs and snakes and rabbits cant sleep at night because of the noise! its just terrible how those wind turbines ruin the land.

it feels so good

You're making those concerns sound trivial.
Spoiler: They are.

I spy with my little eye a shitload of free guns.

Disgusting.

They pollute the soil with all the lubricant they need for their mechanical workings. i believe the actual generator is at the bottom of the mill, so they have a giant axle to lube. this is just something i've heard though.

the only real clean energy is geothermal, to harness the already explosive energy from earth
but to be honest any matter of energy could be used without much a big impact on environment if we just didn't waste so goddamn much of it

and ps, to defend on hydropower, properly water dams have a thing called fish ladders which allows for fish to climb upstream for breeding when necessary,
they jump from a step to the other like if they were on small creek waterfalls, and afterwards can safely swim down stream

A) They're fucking hideous
B) They're loud when in gear
C) They're inefficient
D) You have to for all intents and purposes keep mass producing all those composite components for all eternity, meaning that you're probably never ever going to make more energy out of those things than you have to put into them
F) By supporting wind turbines you are supporting Chinese who are producing most of those parts
E) The only reason that those things haven't died off is because communist in west keep pumping tax-payer money into that

Nuclear energy is one of the most lied about in the energy business. It's the cleanest available power source we have, and everyone is too pussy/stupid to use it because they're afraid of the ONE type of reactor which is primarily for building weapon isotopes, NOT generating power. If countries started using Liquid Flouride reactors we wouldn't need retarded "environmentally friendly" things like wind turbines or hydro dams.

tbh, they look futuristic to me, i like em
i can't say shit about how much we get in return considering point D though, so you're probably right
i mean, if chinks are making them, you'd expect them to also be using them, but then you look at how fucking shit the air in chinkland is

Good
China will grow larger

Do you think the masses actually dictate what goes? Somebody makes money off of the fact that were using some other form of power for our primary needs.
It doesnt take a rocket scientist to know who and why.

Capitalists?

I'd say no, capitalism might not be free market tier but it certainly isnt giant corporations literally killing people and starting wars to get a power monopoly.

But it is about widening the market and minimizing the costs and maximizing the profits, also about elimination competition
eg. pro renewable energy sources running "pro"environmental campings and anti nuclear power ones, lobbying for it and delivering sub par final product because cutting the costs
Another eg. vidya companies cutting the development times and casualizing the games delivering sub par product just to inflate the sales and put more money in marketing than in development because in the end it pays of more

false, nuclear power you still have nuclear waste and(U+200B was here)dramatic temperature changes in the nearby bodies of water it needs

Please report this to related authorities (try 1-800-695-7403), there have been regulations for decades and decades that keep facilities from 'overcooking' their related bodies of water, as well as drawing too much from them.
This is checked hourly at all U.S. facilities, so if they're fudging results, it's a major concern.
I doubt it, though.
Nuclear waste is of marginal concern, with only a tiny minority of high-level waste even requiring attention, and said high-level waste being contained for the foreseeable future in uninhabited locations, and with all nuclear waste being produced dramatically slower than most other forms of energy. Unless you count water vapor, that is.

Light doesn't affect it, no idea if -18 degrees still prevent spawns but you will stack the odds that the moment your freezer fails, an infestation happens.

These people are fucking retarded. I changed it to 7 and really fixed up my place.

Holy shit, really? I need that fucking door mat mod to start working again RIGHT THE FUCK NOW.

Thorium reactor. Waste is inert in 100 years. Problem solved.

Go read up on a topic before insulting others when you’re the biggest retard of them all.

Eat shit and die, faggot. Your kike “green” energy is going to collapse and there is nothing you can do to stop it. I bet you think global warming exists, too.

Sweden please

It will look real nice when it's done!

anyone tried the star trek mod?
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33387.0
i can't seem to get it working, i keep getting errors about cross-references
i've only put the federation mod, not the borg one, i've tried messing with mod load orders and nothing seems to change

I wonder how that's even working
btw, just saw that Mars colony mod, and that does look sweet

Haha yeah, those bird should all just go die. It's not like mass death of insectivores could have any problems for you, Mao.

What is reading comprehension? You're bringing up problems that pertain to SOLID fuel reactors.

Pretty much this.

To keep on topic; Is there a way to rip only one object out of a mod to use? I enjoy the Maxim Turrets and the Howitzers from the WW1 mod, but Don't want the overpowered firearms which make the sidearm mod redundant. Do I just need to tear it out of the .xml, find the relative files and paste that all into it's own "mod" and activate it?

no medicine and one guy got an infection
gave him luciferum, and i'm saving the rest for him
sadly we also don't have any wood or researched electricity, so we're barely surviving thanks to a geyser
at -30 celsius inside, they're stuck with hypothermia half the time
luciferum guy was useful but by now he's lost every single finger and the left leg and now he's just a waste of space
can't harvest his organs because no medicine

how does this fucking happen

somehow rolling up to a small pirate outpost, kicking their ass, stealing their shit and then getting paid for it is more satisfying than annihilating a legion of pirates attacking your base
it's on hardcore so it never goes perfect, but moving in aggressively with heavy SMGs while a few others distracted with bolt-actions and assault rifles mopped them up pretty good
these guys were kind enough to have separate rooms so I could quickly imprison some
steel pots and vests keep the worst of the damage off but my guys keep losing fingers and noses

I noticed molotovs in A17 seem to act differently to A16 in terms of they throw persistent napalm shit on the ground instead of just creating a fire - does anyone know if it's the same with the incendiary launcher? I'm sure in trying to clean up a thrown molotov, I saw a thing on the ground saying "chemfuel puddle". Dunno if it's just cosmetic, or a buff of some sort.

I really really want to find a use for that thing. Hoping it's kind of viable now, or at the least, easier to employ effectively.

I think that's the recipe for maximum comfy. I'm really liking my "single season of growing" colony. You can grab a little rice in the summer, and while winter is quite cold, it's not cold to the point where raids entirely stop. The cold temperatures mean a good number of caribou and the like to hunt too, making it even comfier.

At least he can clean and haul. Nothing worse than someone who's both useless at everything, and can't do dumb labor.

yeah incendiary launchers will leave burning puddles of fuel near the impact sometimes

I've never attacked one of those yet - is that average size? I want to do one of those outpost missions, but only have ~4 guys I can spare (leavng a single colonist at home, banking on dogs and turrets to hold the fort). If they're usually that big I guess I'm holding off.

Holy shit wall in a section of rich soil and put a sun lamp and heater in there.

Last time I tried to assault a base there were over 20 guys and it was a fucking slaughter. I even brought a charged battery and a gun turret with my caravan to help my assault too.

And you still can't pour chemfuel wherever you want and light it on fire.

How can the dev add all these things to the game but not add the logical functions to them? There would be so many applications to the ability to place chemfuel on the floor and light it. There's so many things you could do with rivers and roads but instead it's basically just for flavor.

Get combat extended. It'll let you build M240b turret that you can get a designated machine gunner to lug around (The .50 is honestly too heavy to be practical. If you have the mod to allow thrumbos to carry stuff I believe you could even lug mortars and flak cannons with you) and another pawn to carry heaps of 7.62 in addition to their usual arms. There's even a 30mm grenade launcher turret that's light enough to carry around.

I feel you.

I'd kill for manual detonation IED's, chemfuel traps like that you describe, rivers freezing over in winter (how did they not include this?) - the list goes on. They seem like things that would've made sense to have by default on implementation.

There are some mods too, that I'm at a loss as to why they're not default in game. Chemfuel generators, mass-graves (who seriously wants to bury a literally who in a proper grave?), the camping mod. Ones like these just feel like they should be in vanilla.

it was a "bandit camp" request that had about a 2200 reward, not a main base or even a good cache
I had gotten my shit pushed in on another game when I tried to raid a cache that had a bunch of neurotrainers, so I decided to play it safe this time
even this was a little risky because those 8 that brought were all my good shooters
the six I left behind weren't good fighters and I was counting on my turrets and walls to stave off any attacks
keep in mind that if you kill or down a majority of them the rest will flee even though it's their own outpost
and then there's weird shit to be prepared for like your caravan being ambushed on their way back by a pack of manhunting chickens

once I left a single colonist with brain damage back at my base to put out fires, but there was a raid
ironically it was a good defense because he got downed, and the raiders decided to capture him and leave instead of torching my base

Have you gone pemmican today?

I knew that this one was worth patching up and capturing
a downed bandit from the last outpost that was wearing a bowler hat and no pants and had a shattered spine, but I need real killers
a bionic spine is on the way

wall is only 1 wall thick was going to build another layer out in front of it

well that was too easy
I came in west, rushed to some rocks north expecting the worst
during combat I usually pause every half second like a sperg but these pirates barely had time to waddle out of their base before they decided to bail

this one pirate didn't even fight, she just shot up, overdosed and passed out
free prisoner

I cannot stress how useful monstergils are.
Having hands and high intelligence, they can do most things colonists can.
You can't order them, but they will often assist their master with whatever he is doing (mining, plan cutting, sowing) and they clean too, making them the perfect addition to the colony.
Especially slimegirls (slime jelly is like organic medicine), drayads (milk, hair) and cowgirls (milk)

Scyther arms / cleaner candidate - y/n?

Feels like I'm underselling their capabilities a bit (they're going to need a bionic eye too, one got shot out), but having a forever ecstatic melee character/EMP grenadier seems nice.

There's another there with similar stats, but no prosthophile, and zero shooting ability with careful shooter (ie, shit grenadier).

Suffering awaits if you try recruit them.

is it possible to do neolithic in an icy biome?
i've tried, but even with mods, the lack of wood on the map results in my people eventually freezing to death

Really, what the fuck is going on with that guy?

I tried too, it wasn't even an ice sheet so spent the entire spring/summer planting trees as soon as I spawned, but still had the same problem.

Maybe if you somehow make everyone do research and rush for electricity, it might work.

Did you both set up around a thermal vent?

That's what I usually do, though temperatures can fluctuate, you usually don't freeze.

it's not enough
winter outside gets to -50, inside -30
if i don't have enough parkas i'm fucked
and even if i do, it's still barely surviving
+ i need the wood to make fishing docks (modded), otherwise i literally have no other food source unless i'm willing to hunt polar bears with a bow and 2 people

You double-walling too? Otherwise, I can't help much. Honestly haven't ever tried tribal tundra/ice sheet. Sounding pretty well impossible.

Silly question. Do you need to doublewall inside mountains too?

If there's a doorway to the outside, I think it's a good idea for at least that section.

I just say cause thermal vents tend not to be directly next to mountains.

I farm on the gravel near hills when playing on ice sheets, build my base around them, if there's a geothermal vent nearby then I'm really lucky, as my plants won't be as likely to die of cold in an unlucky solar flare/eclipse. You can also use the vegetable garden mod ( ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12934.0 ) to turn snow into farmable land (requires researching "Soil Reclamation I" and "Soil Reclamation II", you dig dirt out of farmable land using a "Digging spot" and then construct "Reclaim Soil" spots elsewhere to make the spot farmable)

we're talking about neolithic here, no sun lamps
if you want shit to grow you'll need sunlight, which means no roof, and if there's no roof, it doesn't matter if you've got geothermal heating, it's just gonna escape

Oh, that's hard, I've not tried the fishing mod yet, I might try neolithic on ice too.

with fishing it's doable in theory
you've got enough wood for 2-3 fishing docks, which is enough for 2-3 people
then you're gonna pray that someone comes to raid you so you can get parkas, otherwise you're gonna have someone freeze to death sooner or later
all your heating will be geothermal since you're using all your wood for docks
and then have one guy fishing and the rest hauling/researching
if they don't go insane from eating raw food (no wood to cook it), you're gonna make it
but in practice they always go insane or get killed by raiders or freeze to death

I have no idea how to actually use red jelly though. It never seems to be used.

ebin :DD:DDD

it hurts

user,

wwwwwwwwwwwww
wdw

Make a fucking entry chute before breaching. Always. Buys you a lot of time when you need to leg it.

WHAT HAVE I UNLEASHED

oh deear

What were you expecting, you silly billy?

A It was a better than expected result. Codex lost an arm to a scyther, Dolly took a charge lance to the chest, and Gizmo several bullets to the leg. All will live.

AI pawns freaked out at the mechs and ran for the door; into my shotguns. The ones who had cover distracted the scythers for just long enough for me to get my grenadier into the room and close enough to throw, under AR cover, - then the AR took out the AI pawns on the far left, and my shotguns rushed in. Was sure the scythers were going to adapt, it was close.

In the past, the most I've ever seen were one or two mechs (if that, sometimes it's just guys lying on the floor dying), and a rooms half that size.

you know what must be done

Remember to loot the D power armors. Even with the dead man debuffs, free power armor will do you good.

Mongoose, we will rebuild you. We have the technology.

I'll make sure to.

I call that bullshit mechs are the worst, four of them + hostiles sleeping dudes,forfucksake

So that's what the freezer of dead people is for.

It works for the rest of the dogs too, not just wargs. Started keeping the corpses after I went ~1 year without the normal migratory herds; was a scary time food wise.

It's really nice being able to sustain so many dogs on corpses - I hardly ever need to devote my colonists to hauling, the dogs manage it all.

well I keep my dogs on raw corn and rice and their preferred spot is the nutrient paste hopper I set up for prisoners. So prisoners also eat my dog's leftovers. Win win.

well that's just great
we were barely surviving by butchering raiders and eating nutrient paste
we've just finished researching hydrophonics
suddenly a cargo drop of megasloth meat
i unrestrict the movement of my colonists and two of them go to haul the meat
one gets downed from hypothermia
other guy gets downed while trying to rescue the first
last guy survives
at least he has enough food now
fucking -50 temperatures

WHY
H
Y

butcher the people :^)
that's how i've been surviving the winters

I don't think I can handle what comes out, story teller was kind and dropped me 74 thermobaric fuel cells for an incendiary launcher, maybe I should cheese, build a wall around it, stack lots of bamboo, and burn it down?

Stalker-inspired mod would be quite interesting. No idea how the game would deal with randomized, limited area environmental hazards. Generally speaking, wild life and environmental hazards are essentially non existent in Rimworld unfortunately.

what's wrong with you

we survivin
r8

>what
I err, OK!

I've had that same sort of thing happen quite often lately. Apparently mental well being of visitors degrade to the point where someone goes berserk or starts a fight, to which your colonist will often react by trying to kill the one that went berserk. As visitors are often equipped with melee weapons, that means that your colonist will end up killing and wounding more visitors as the guy that went berserk is in the middle of that visitor group.

O-ok, thanks falling spaceship chunks. This was just what I wanted.

that feel when so close to being ready to move into new base

the shift from shanty-town Norilsk tier shithole into /comfy/ can't come soon enough

That colonist didn't really need that ear.

Where are your colonists now? What do they eat?

New thread When?

just for normal combat, the incendiary launcher with thermobaric is fucking amazing

This is their shanty-town. I've got a number of ascetic colonists, hence the shit bedrooms. It's poorly designed, and was only ever meant to be temporary from the very outset. I've outgrown it, and it shows. Mostly carved into a little cove.

Every few seasons, migrating herds of caribou and elk will come through - I kill every last one. Similar to the muffalo, though I've tamed a few of those.

In the summer there's enough time assuming good weather, for a single crop of rice to be planted outdoors. Nothing else grows fast enough. I tend to stock up then, as it's what has to sustain the colony through winter, or if the herds don't come through. The small hydroponics set-up helps too. The dogs subsist on corpses.

Muffalo are kind of there as an insurance policy, and they give comfy wool for clothes. If things go south (ie, a fire in my food stores or something), I can always slaughter them.

The colonists live basically on a mix of milk, rice, and meat, anyway.

This shouldn't fucking happen.

Kill them. Kill them all.

Since someone mentioned that they had trained dogs to great effect, I thought that why not try to domesticate and train a bear.

>NOT SO FAST
FUCKING INVINCIBLE

The wilder the animal, the harder to train it. Unless you have a high level animal botherer, don't even bother.

New thread never ever

I guess I'll make the new thread

NEW THREAD