MP FPS games like BLR that aren't dead?

Anons, I need help.

I want to play a multiplayer shooter on PC that isn't dead, isn't shit, and isn't CS:GO or PlUnkBat.

The last one I truly enjoyed was Blacklight Retribution, but it's been dead for years since the Parity Patch killed it.

My ideal game has:

Am I buggered, anons? Looking down the Most Played list on Steam fills me with disgust and remorse.

yeah, you are kinda fucked there.

I got a better idea.

HEY BUI

I'M A KONOLA WITH BIG DIRTY PAWS SPAM THIS THREAD TO OBLIVION

I fucking hate you for making me remember it

Are things really that bleak? I'd honestly consider something active and not-shit over PS4 at this point.

You mean slowness?

Yeah you're pretty fucked. Everyone i know just plays Overwatch for multiplayer FPS now, and even they admit it isn't that great.

Gaming isn't crashing but it sure is dying.

Maybe Rising Storm, isn't as fast as CoD though

just play sp games and local mp games.

Sans customization I remember Dirty bomb having that, although it might have died off or been infested with cheaters since last I've played it must have been two years ago.

Isn't that redundant

Warface?
Idk how much customization Blacklight had, but that might tickle your autism.

I've been staring at my games list on Steam for the last three hours trying to think of something, anything, that's worth playing. I can't. It's killing me inside.

The entire point of this thread, user, is that I want to find a multiplayer FPS that's active and isn't shit.

Anyone have an opinion on R6: Siege? An user in another thread was jerking off over how good it was, but since it's Ubi I have no expectations.

My little bro plays that game on his ps4, he was always a massive normalfag(married and all) but even he went full autist on that fucking game. nigger brags about putting 300 hours but when he was growing up I got him to play Swat 4 and he says Siege is very close to Swat 4. Personally, I don;t give a shit about shooters, especially ones with DRM piled untop with another, but take it as you will.

Also out of curosity what happened with Blacklight? I had played it for a while but I lost interest for reasons I don't remember.

Post your steam games list. So I can recommend something and then bully you for any shit purchases

I don't remember much of warface but I think it was an alright game, so I guess seconding.

kindly ignore the flag

Is there a reason you can't just play CoD besides being too elitist?

First decent game in a while from Ubi. Kind of an anomaly, the dev team is even putting content updates on hold to focus on some much needed server/matchmaking upgrades and general fixes.

Seems like someone there has their head screwed on right and is trying to keep the game alive well enough.

No.

Can't with dose trips

play titanfall 2 you faggot. it has the coolest movement mechanics available today
it was made by fucking Treyarch devs
classes, guns, skins, perks, all that shit
can only buy cosmetic shit with real money

I would add that OP might like CoD: Black Ops 3 as well

Nah, FPS gaming has pretty much gone in the shitter because devs realized they could substitute autistic semi-realism for half-decent game design. It seems lately, though, that there is a trend moving away from this kind of shit. Although, it hasn't really given us anything to celebrate about just yet, but if it moves us away from, "It's good because the gun recoils and blows out your speakers every time you shoot!", then I'm all for it.

Insurgency isn't "dead", it still gets 3k-5k players and is bretty fun

There isn't a lot to choose from. Call of Duty, Insurgency, Battlefield and Planetside 2, maybe. Otherwise, I don't know what to suggest.

They ported it to PS4 and then brought the PC version into parity with that version. This generated tons of bugs, fixed little, and functionally ruined the game on PC.

user, it's like 10 pages long. Lately I've been playing:

So I've got a gap for a decent MP FPS, hence this thread.

Didn't the latest CoD bomb though? Or do you mean another version of CoD?

I would in a heartbeat user, but it's published by EA and requires Origin.

Titanfall was made by former Infinity Ward devs, not Treyarch.

CoD: Infinite Warfare was a disaster, everyone hated it. Black Ops 3 was great, however. CoD:WWII is shaping up to be a success, it seems.

don't be a faggot, origin has been neutered and is now even lighter than steam

whatever nigger

the fact that it's made by EA is enough to never use it

I miss BLR as I remember it.

CoD4 fits your bill pretty much perfectly if you consider weapon modifications to count as customization. Last I checked the game has multiple populated servers and quite a few of the clan-run ones have active admins or at least a !call function. You get aimbots here and there but it's a 10 year old game so they're not too common.

Can I pirate it?

BlOps3, hm? Well, that's probably why it's the only active CoD game on Steam's 'Most Played.' I'll look into it.

Origin being cancer basically means I'll never install it on my PC, so it's a non-starter to any game that requires it.

Even if Origin wasn't part of the equation, I refuse to give EA any money as they're the single most cancerous entity in the industry. A shame that Titanfall is published by them.

I know, user. Even doing all of those shitty surveys to get BLR credits, I still had tons of fun with the game. I miss it so much.

Blops3 was fast and fun and did the walljumping and jetpacks without deviating from the CoD formula really well, I right now am playing Battlefield 4, which is plenty active and very fun with quite a bit of customization.

wee-hew

Man, CTF was fucking fun

Overwatch

Oh, you might want to try Dirty Bomb. It was made by the devs of Enemy Territory, it runs easy, it plays great with fast CoD like gameplay and it recently was released from the grips of Nexon, and is independently handled by Splash Damage.

I played that a few years back and found it ok-ish. Is it better now? I might check it out. I also loved Brink and was super mad that Bethesda made them release it like 6mo early, resulting in its stillbirth.

It's not out of dislike for the game, user, but rather dislike for EA.

user is a CoDbabby. Do you really want to play with even more CoDbabbies? Those guys rush in and get slaughtered like lemmings like clockwork

CoD is all about rushing. It's arcade mode gameplay.

I just want a good FPS that supports melee like BLR did. Being able to weave in and out, close in on an attacker, and stick a knife into them was one of the best parts of the game. That and exploding their fucking heads with the Breach Hammer.

The core didn't change but improvements have certainly been made. Just download it, it's free.

CoD4 and BC2 are still the best multiplayer FPS out there, and both are still populated.

i know that feel

JUST

I miss that gameā€¦
Easiest rare achievement though

This thread is so fucking depressing for me. There's not a single multiplayer FPS I can think of to play at the moment that isn't:

Even worse that there's also nothing decent looking on the horizon that I'm aware of either. The only good thing is there are plenty of pseudo-realistic type FPS around but I don't always want the very different sort of experience and stress that comes with playing one of those.

hue.
I wish we could call upon a local uberautist like that

Dirty bomb is the closest to that. Customization is limited but the rest is ok

Pilot-focused maps and barely any Titan customization hold it back too much. Singleplayer is good though.

Try Planetside 2. Not really what you're after (there's vehicles and they play an important role) but there's customization (appearance stuff needs your wallet opening) with attachments and stuff. Amazingly it manages to dodge the pay-to-win aspect mostly, if not fully. Starter weapons will fuck up anyone just as well as the unlocked stuff if they're used where they're designed, and passive stuff like unlocking C4 charges can't be bought out, you have to actually earn it ingame.

Welcome to the misery that has been my gaming life since 2015. There just aren't good FPS games out there anymore.

Installing it now. Tried it once ages ago, didn't like it. Hopefully it's better now.

Tried it a few times, never felt it recaptured that original Planetside 1 magic.

Gaming is suffering these days unless you like ASSFAGGOTS, CCG horseshit, or low tier trash like Overwatch.

origin scans your drive. you can just install it into a sandbox so basically it'll be scanning nothing.

I don't know if I would consider TF2 worth the full price. In regards to infantry combat, it's a low TTK shitfest ruled by hitscan weapons which carry bads bigtime. Instant kill melee, shit like that. It's casual as fuck honestly but the movement system is tight once you get the hang of it which makes the downsides worth it.
Titan combat is meh. It has it's moments.

I know this feel

Disagree here though. You're just not looking hard enough or have shit taste. I'll agree it's a lot harder to find good stuff though.

What exactly did you not like? Im curious, because I think it's the best take at the whole team shooter with hero characters thing and it does a lot of things right other mdoern games could learn

I want to ask you what shooter it is that came out in 2015 and was good but i fear it'll be bottom-tier consoletrash

Sorry user, I meant 'no good games' in terms of MP FPSes. There are certainly good non-shooters out there. I loved P5, for instance.

I played it when it first came out and didn't like the TTK or the gunplay. A few anons at the time said it was something related to the engine. I think the gear grind was also super bad. But, like I said, it's been years.

I didn't mean a good shooter came out in 2015, user; rather that, from 2015 onward, there was just nothing but shitty shooters to play. Up until 2015, I was happily playing Blacklight Retribution.