How long until Microsoft and Sony announce their own hybrid consoles?

How long until Microsoft and Sony announce their own hybrid consoles?

Other urls found in this thread:

palmsprings.craigslist.org/ele/6087269207.html
please
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It probably won't be a hybrid.

Portable consoles aren't a bad idea, except I have to rebuy every game I want.

Sony is too deep in VR now and MS can't take marketing off Xbone X so not soon.

Then it probably won't sell.

I'll only buy one when battery is 10+ hours without an extension pack.

What if they shared the same games as your home consoles?

When the fuck will Nintendo be able to properly stock the Nintendo Switch

I realize they're purposefully holding off production to try and emulate the Wii shortage but holy fuck this is getting obnoxious, I don't think I'll be able to get one in time for Splatoon 2

I think only MS could provide that across Win 10 store/Xbone/Portable

Isn't it already possible to stream ps4 games onto the psp or something?

What are you talking about? It works on my machine is stocked in MY country.

Yeah but there's a ton of input lag.

Soon as the Switch starts selling like absolute gangbusters. oh wait

You'll be waiting a very long time with the autistic insistence on graffix and MOAR POWER

Except they're not, they ramping up production to an addition 10m this year.

Considering additional factory space, more rare-earth materials in high demand by Samsung/Sony/Apple etc, trying to change production output is really difficult and expensive with Nintendo already announcing an increase of production to 10m this financial year.

If you're playing one of the many Cinematic experience on PS4 it shouldn't make a difference.

You just can't play games like Nier, Nioh, Bloodborne etc

they did that with the ps3/psp and the ps4/vita; still the games worth playing separately are stretched really thin, it's like a venn diagram except the middle is really fucking huge but the diagram is still small when talking about EXCLUSIVES. So you might as well just pick either one and forget the other. except the PSP is actually good all round and soon the vita if you learnt japanese and are a fan of jrpgs

I do like the idea of cloud saves but I would prefer it to be completely optional since you can't have your own crap taking the saves.

You mean the only games worth playing on the damn thing?

I'm OK with waiting. I'm not as excited for Nintendo as I used to be.
I will get it sooner if I can pirate though.

Well you could play the new Spider-Man, Detroit, Uncharted, Last of Us 2 etc

Amazon has it in stock, as does Play-Asia. What are you niggers on about?

Piracy for Switch in particular, probably not for another year or two even in a rudimentary form. 3DS hacker clique-faggots flocked in droves to the thing after hearing that it was running an updated version of the 3DS kernel and then they all went silent and made no mention of it ever again after they failed to immediately crack it.

Stock is low because some of the components needed are not being made in large enough quantities. They've said this both times they've increased their production order since the console was announced. First they announced an increase in production before it launched due to high pre-order demand, and then after launch they ordered another increase because they're a company that likes money.
They're not going to limit it for ''muh artifishul scarshity", Nintendo always produce conservative amounts of hardware because, I don't know if anybody's noticed, they're a rather conservative company.

They already did.

It's a Tegra X1 tablet, which have been out for over a year, there's nothing hybrid about it

The dock is just a power connector and HDMI out interface

Hell it's actually even a downgrade because Nintendo refused to pay for popular 5.1 surround sound formats like Dolby Digital/DTS which means it's not compatible with most audio receivers unless they support PCM sound, which few do unless they have an HDMI input

That's fucking hilarious. What the hell were they expecting?
Yeah, I don't mind waiting 4+ years, honestly. I'm not as impressionable as I used to be with it, I could focus on me, instead of more disappointments.

Conversative in the economic way, correct? They dipped their toes when they made a little bit of switches, but now that they sold, they'll make more!

Thank god. Then the motherfuckers in pic related can fuck off.

Well it IS in stock, but well above the MSRP.

If I am seeing this right that third image has the console, Zelda and a carry bag for $340. That's way below MSRP for the bundle.

Are you from 2016?

An easy ride and the opportunity to shout "I DID IT FIRST!" because they stopped listening at "3DS kernel". They were legitimately expecting it to be as easy a ride as the 3DS has been, also ignoring the 3DS was most certainly not an easy ride until the first arm11 and arm9 exploits were found, and the 3DS scene is infested with these kinds of goblins who do a quick, dirty, and barely-working version of an exploit, then immediately leave it because all they were interested in was a prototype to claim to be the first.

Why is hacking beset by people who only care about their epeens?

Well, when you're right, you're right. Too bad it's 2 months ago which means it's been already sold.
palmsprings.craigslist.org/ele/6087269207.html
Welp.

Where am I wrong?

Sorry about that dubs-user. I'm sure it'll pop up again. I just looked here locally and found an ad for the console + BOTW for $340. If you fancy a trip to Bosnia come and get it.

It's modified and a bit newer iirc, still pathetic in power of course, but I never expected much from a tablet without having Nintendo dip into its funds.

Self gratification. The last hackers who did it for actual progress was during the Wii era. Though, it depends on the program.
Some people, like the ones that crack music in HCS, do it for the love of music.

Yeah, the 3DS wasn't even "Hacked" in the mainstream sense until 2015. Before that, you needed extremely low FW, flashcards, a specific game or some other thing.
I remember King 3DS wasn't even complete LMAO.

That would probably cost me LESS than buying from a parasitic fucking scalper. Also, you gave me a good idea. I'm gonna make an ad telling people not to buy scalper shit and wait for the new units.

You're full of fucking shit, it's just a regular Tegra X1 with custom software and a hardware encryption chip to prevent piracy

That's it

please use archive.is/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-custom-tegra-processor-inside-switch-outed-as-standard-tegra-x1

The Wii was something of a legitimate renaissance for homebrew. The wide availability of the console, its poor security, easy set-up (to this day both it and the Wii U's built-in vWii can be completely subverted within the span of half an hour last I checked) and the popularity of wagglan made it accessible and easy to develop for with a bunch of tinker-toy projects in addition to stock-standard emulators and CFW.

I've seen a few in stores, but I've really no desire to buy one until xenoblade chronicles 2 in December, though I won't be surprised to see it delayed a bit. And am also a little bit disappointed by the footage they showed last week. Doesn't look bad, but also not as good as I thought It'd be. 2 year dev time seems pretty short for a big rpg.

You know, the fact that you don't even know what sites are filtered on not really makes me want to call your bluff.
But I looked it up myself and lo and behold. You're right!
gametransfers.com/nintendo-switch-features-a-nvidia-tegra-x1-standard-and-non-customized
My baaaaad

Sorry I can't keep up with hotwheels mindfucks and messing with the site as I rarely post links, suffice to say I was profoundly pissed

Never

That doesn't make it not a hybrid

That was mark, user. It's in the wordfilter.
Hotwheels is gone…

What gaming device that uses a rechargeable battery do you know of that gets 10+ hours? I'm genuinely curious.

Why does anyone care about hybrid consoles? Seems like a shitty gimmick.

Because I can play console games on the bus.

Ah shit. Just checked my tablet
8.5 hours
Maybe not 10+ because that shit would sell due to the price tag, but 8+ would suffice.

*NOT sell

Same user same… My best bet is through fucking gamestop

Too focused on VR and Xbone just announced their new xXboxoneXx console.

The Switch playing pixel indies like Shovel Knight lasts that long.

"hybrid" itself is a misnomer. It's a tablet.

How much Nintendium in Switch?
Sage for offtopic

It essentially is a glorified tablet. The dock is just plastic with an HDMI cable.

Sure, it's got a tablet form-factor, but it's a pure gaming console in actual function. Doesn't even have a web-browser outside of posting to social media, though you can follow links to other sites from within that social media.

Thing can survive a thousand-foot fall going by some Youtube videos, apparently. All the broken units in that crowbcat bait video were apparently from scalpers purposefully destroying or malfunctioning units to keep scalp-prices up and one or two legitimately defective systems.

$0.05 have been deposit into your account

Are we being raided?

top goy

I'm going off my own hearsay on the matter, hence "apparently." If you've got evidence to the contrary, let's see it; I wouldn't call crowbcat a source by any stretch of the imagination, myself.

You have to provide evidence of your claim first, fagboy

Mine lasts nearly twice that. I just want it last a good 8 hours.

Fuck, the master of debates is here.

Since when did calling someone a retard equate to shilling? Do you know what wordsmean?

Show me some sources.
This is fucking scummy.

Oh, you're one of those ebin rusemen throwing around "shill" because it's hip and in, I see now.

Where is your Molyneux pic now

I wasn't aware there were goalposts or even an argument to be had until buzzwords started getting pitched around. I'm keenly interested in any evidence you'd have on the matter because, like I said, I was just talking out of my ass and parroting what I've heard before, which is why I can't give this guy a source on the matter.

God damn it mate. I needed some really good rage in me.

Now you're frustrated I didn't have something and I'm frustrated I couldn't give anything. Let's be frustrated together.

You wanna take this serious?

GOD MOM YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND

With the spanking Nintendo has been giving Sony lately, probably soon.

Oh god, please no. The switch is shitty enough. It will be the Kinect and Move controllers all over again.

THEY EITHER ASCEND OR CRASH THE INDUSTRY

Not in a long time, Microsoft is too busy with the 32XBOX and i think all these middle fingers for the Vita indicate that Sony will jump over to mobile.

Oops, this isn't the Atari thread

What? It's a far better handheld than the 3DS/Vita and has games unlike the Xbone/PS4

Why are there so many shills here? E3?

I guess it's fine as a handheld (I don't particularly enjoy playing on them), the problem is Nintendo is marketing it as a console.
It has one game.

Weren't design docs for a sony clone of the switch leaked like a month after it came out?

Too big, no games. I paid less for a Vita even with the stupid memory cards and get much more than I would out of a Switch. 3DS is an even sounder investment with its backwards compatibility and ridiculous hackability.

Yes, its after E3 and their panties have been moist after playing Mariokart or seeing Mario odyssey. So they think getting remaster of games is just as good.

Kinda weird how that works out, if a Sony or Microsoft console gets ports it's insta no games while Nintendo doing the same thing it has games brah!

It seems like you have a personal experience that is painful with you given the subject matter.

How is it not a better handheld than the 3DS?

It is both a console that can be played in ones hands (handheld) and console that can be played on TV (home console).

That's ok /vitagen/

That's not fair I'm a /3dsgen/ too!

Son, no one has any games these days that aren't riskless sequels or remakes.

3DS

Vita

Ps4

xXx_Xbox_ONE_ xXx

Wii-U/Switch

PC

We can fight and argue over who's toy is the best- all we want but at the end of the day, everyone's getting rused and abused by the parasites who want your wallet without actually giving you anything.

No.

I've got one myself, I'd wait until around Christmas or at least the onset of Spla2n or Mario Odyssey if I were to get one new. It will be a better handheld than the 3DS later in its lifespan, but for the time being just doesn't have the library to support it. A strong point for the 3DS is that it's retardedly easy to pirate for as well, whereas a Switch can't be pirated on at all just yet and probably not for years.

So this is just the old shitpost of 'everything is bad' and stop enjoying stuff.

Thanks for the objective opinion /hbg/

Yeah, but they still have a handheld they sell but not a stand only console. It seems pretty obvious that Nintendo considers it a replacement for the WiiU and not the 3DS.

It's a replacement for both. They are giving up on the console market and focusing on handhelds.

Spider man is the only one that I'm interested in.

They definitely consider it an evolution of the Wii U yes. It would be hard to see how the Switch is an evolution of the 3DS seeing as it has a single screen and no 3D.

If anything it's technically a return to form of single-screen handhelds and thus the GBA. It's a 3DS successor in all but Nintendo's own say-so, likely they're not saying as much in case they need to make a hasty retreat to the 3DS or people want a more "traditional" handheld.

Quite the opposite!
You don't have to buy into the shit system and just keep replaying your old games. That way they don't get a dime out of you, unless you do something stupid like buy a remaster.

It feels good to know the runes my friend.

That basically sounds like 'it's all shit' shitposting to me. What if I'm not a newfag who's played a lifetime of retro games and want to continue getting new games.

That's a 2ds that thinks it's a 3ds, are you questioning it's make and model, shitlord?

Well really they're probably not saying that because the 3DS is still selling and 2nd/3rd party games are still being made for it.

You're gonna need better bait than that.

You're a confused person.

I like you.

Wii U might've been a failure with its own library but there's a couple of games worth playing. It also plays Wii games, and with hacks is even more solid for allowing GC games.