Dark Souls thread

Dark Souls thread

Stop hating Dark Souls 3 "please".

Are you fags looking forward to Code Vein?

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/darksouls3/mods/136/?
mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/
steamcharts.com/app/374320
steamcharts.com/app/335300
steamcharts.com/app/211420
steamcharts.com/app/236430
gamefaqs.com/boards/168566-dark-souls-iii/73558668
youtube.com/watch?v=goK6xHqLBII
youtube.com/watch?v=JsaThMTjEks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hope code vein is good

Me too, considering Miyazaki wouldn't be doing Souls for quite a while.

Looking forward to his new Armored Core, but I don't see any news.

My favorite weapons remain the Black knight weapons.

Too bad they were kinda shit in 2.

3 is my favorite game of the series to be honest. And yes I've played bloodborne.
Also, reposting the mod which lets you do fun things like total darkness or top-down camera with the game since the last thread died for some reason. nexusmods.com/darksouls3/mods/136/?

I like the videos where they pit various monsters against each other.

Makes me think it would be cool if we can have a fucking Dark Souls RTS.

Never even bothered to play 3 after second. I liked the world building, not anymore. Plus I already played pretty much same game two times.

Code Vein on the other hand is anime dark souls with cool designs and commie loli with Mosin Nagant. Traveling dead world like DaS1 had with a companion is already selling point for me.

I do like how in the announcement they said "Sony exclusive guys" and then at E3 "nvm, PC". As if there was ever any doubt.

The announcement has always said it's multiplat though.

I think you are missing out the conclusion of DaS but I wouldn't judge.

Stop trying to piggyback on Dark Souls' fame.

It's just a way to start a discussion, I really do not want to start the whole DaS ranking shit again, all Souls games are worth playing, even 2.

Hey.

I like Dark Souls.

This is a nice thread.

Fuck off

So what are you guys favorite weapons in all the games?

The conclusion where they retcon shit and reuse assets to pay "homage"?

Please do claim what they shit they "retcon" in DaS3.
DaS3 isn't even in the same engine as DaS1 so every contents are new.

I don't like DS3 because it tries too hard to be hard. DS1 wasn't trying to be hard, it just was because of years of dumbing down. It also served as a way to draw you into the world more. Then there is build variety. Sure, in DS1 NG+ was pretty much fast roll central, but at least NG allowed you to play slow and heavy, fast and light, , sorceries, miracles, pyromancies (not tied to stats by the way, so you could still have a good melee focused character or even double down on sorceries and pyro). DS3 doesn't allow anywhere near as much.

Then the lore and story is just rehashed from DS1. Its just a big LOL REMEMBER THAT GUY of a game.

You're thinking of DS2.
I thought this at first, then I actually paid attention to what the setting actually is. Lothric is where the lands of the lords converge. It is the result of an unending cycle of linking the first flame. Everything has gone completely FUBAR, from the geography to the undead curse itself. Hollows are forming societies. Anor Londo has migrated to some tundra. A new species, the Unkindled, has spawned. Cats and dogs living together. Mass hysteria. This is quite obviously displayed in the new Kiln/Dreg Heap. Dark Souls 3 is a Big Crunch. Entire kingdoms have to center themselves around linking the first flame to extend the Age of Fire now. Gwynevere is even getting directly involved.
What you see as gratuitous DaS1 references are just the consequences of an actual sequel. Gwyn's family is doing its utmost to make the linking work when it's clearly not working out anymore. They're mentioned because they have to be mentioned, this shitshow is their own creation. They made their bed, now they have to lie in it.

But you definitely you can play slow and heavy, what the fuck are you into? The game is agruably harder but also way more forgiving than DaS1.
Another meme, the throwbacks are there to end the series.

Can you really tank and block the combos every enemy has? Especially when bosses hit hard and enemies usually gang up on you.

Dark Souls should have never gotten sequels in the first place. They should have created a new ____ Souls franchise to milk dry instead.

You can definitely now with hyper armor. In fact, it's the easier way to play now, eat one of their weak blow, and kill the other in one blow.

Dark Souls 2 was the milkman, Dark Souls 3 ends the Dark Souls series, I think it's pretty fitting.

And DaS2 and DaS3 genuinely do improve on DaS1 in certain ways, in fact, DaS1 would be better if it's remade under BB/DaS3 engine.

Bump.

In my first DaS 1 playthrough I got the sword from the first Black knight. I don't think I ever switched weapons.

Dark Souls was the last good Dark Souls game.

I used to think Dark Souls 3 was the worst in the series, but now I see that it is better than 2 (not taking into consideration poise not working). I am having lots of fun with it, but I am afraid of starting a spellcaster build because of the mana bar, how viable is it really?

The mana bar isn't the problem, sorcery damage being nerfed to the fucking ground is. Like, you need buffs and 60 int to do anything worthwhile with it. Fortunately this doesn't apply to pyromancy, which has good damage and scale to both int and faith, making it the definite caster build, especially with chaos infusion with also scales to int and faith.

Dark Souls 3 widescreen hack:

Open dark souls 3 exe in this program, the exe will be found in your steam game folder location - Program Files(x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\DARK SOULS III\Game

Use a hex editor like this – mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/

Then 'CTRL F' and search for 80 07 00 00 38 04 and once found you then need to replace that with either of the following numbers

For 2560x1080 you want 00 0A 00 00 38 04
For 3440x1440 you want 70 0D 00 00 A0 05

Then save and quit program

Now navigate to AppData\Roaming\DarkSoulsIII (you can just type %appdata% into windows explorer and then go to dark souls 3 folder that way).
Then load up the file GraphicsConfig.xml into notepad/notepad++ and edit the following

config ScreenMode WINDOW /ScreenMode
Resolution-WindowScreenWidth 2560 /Resolution-WindowScreenWidth
Resolution-WindowScreenHeight 1080 /Resolution-WindowScreenHeight
Resolution-FullScreenWidth2560/Resolution-FullScreenWidth
Resolution-FullScreenHeight1080/Resolution-FullScreenHeight

And change it to

config ScreenMode WINDOW /ScreenMode
Resolution-WindowScreenWidth 3440 /Resolution-WindowScreenWidth
Resolution-WindowScreenHeight 1440 /Resolution-WindowScreenHeight
Resolution-FullScreenWidth3440/Resolution-FullScreenWidth
Resolution-FullScreenHeight1440/Resolution-FullScreenHeight

Now save file and exit. Then right click it and go properties, and make tick read only. Now close pop up window, this stops the game changing it later.

Now load up the game, and make sure its fullscreen and correct resolution and boom you are off.
It always loads in a window so you just need to each time make it fullscreen in the settings and you are good to start playing :)

This looks retarded.

I recommend against hex editing the binaries if you play online.

It's made by the guys behind God Eater. I would advise against getting overly hyped for this.

But God Eater is pretty good, it is an improved version of monster hunter

Good bait.

Yeah man, my favorite improvement of DaS3 was how they made 2/3rds of the weapons useless in pvp and pve by ruining poise just so they could force you to dodge and go fast like in bloodborne! They even made miracles and spells useless, and heavy armor shit! It's so nice being more like blood borne!

I do not necessarily approve of nuPoise, but you say is just incorrect.

I guess it's time to replay DaS1 again

Mirdan Hammer or Northern Regalia
Silver Knight Spear
Chariot Lance
W H E E L
H
E
E
L
Though I also loved the Stake Driver, Beastcutter and Holy Moonlight Sword. Bloodborne has the best selection of weapons in the series I think.
Partizan

Could you guys recommend me some fashion ?

Demonbrandt, it got me into using greatswords in general
Black Knight Sword
Didn't like what they did to the BKS, think I eventually settled on a mix of the Watcher's Greatsword + Estoc, though my first full playthrough was with the Roaring Halberd
Corvian Scythe, though the Crucifix in the DLC was really growing on me before I quit
Burial Blade or Kos Parasite for memes

There's some decent spells on a really dedicated build (like all on magic+buffs), but pyromancers are really the only good builds concerning magic. They do need split INT/FAI investment, but they're consistently better on average.

Are you fucking retarded?

It's a nice game. I wouldn't call it better than Monster Hunter but I did have fun with it.

LET ME POST KIKEWHEELS

Prove me wrong.

Yes, he's exceptionally retarded. Not about the engine thing, just in general. He's a BR.

Not only is 3 built on the same engine as 1, the aggression mod for 3 is literally the aggression mod for 1 with changed pointers and new features. They didn't have to change the code at all.

Kinda shit for no fucking reason.

'>>12844744
DeS: Heavy knight sword
DaS1: Zweihander
DaS2: Bone Fist (probably actually longsword though)
DaS3: Astora Greatsword I guess? None of them are actually interesting or unique.

guess i'll go back to dark souls 1

How far are you?
If you get far enough, you should try out the Cainhurst knight set or the Executioners set.
My favorite has always been the Constable's set from the DLC and The Bone Ash set from the Chalice Dungeons

You can't hate that which you never loved.

This. I've put just a tad bit over 100 hours in DaS 3, and after the Ringed City I have not touched it. It's just a fucking boring game, and it is easily the worst in the series for replayability.

Who is best waifu?

me

im the best waifu

Look at all those dumb whores

I thought the next-gen brown era was behind us. And what's with the heavy Unity-style character backlighting? Is this a Unity game?

Ah, I see you are a man of culture

Easily the best girl

Forever and always

The Doll isn't on there, so I guess the Maiden in Black because they are pretty much the same person.

I imagine I'd feel the same way if I went back to Dark Souls 3. It's a decent game overall I suppose, but it's such an unbelievably boring slog until after Irithyll Dungeon, holy shit.
I only remember those two levels because of how bored I was while playing through them.

I feel like I've barely put 20 hours into DaS3, but looking at all the save files combined it looks like it's actually 100 hours. Hard to believe that, the game barely left an impression at all.

Never played it.
Never completely played through it but it looks like Ricard's Rapier was at least decent.
Sun Sword
Too much to count, honestly. (Mainly Simon's Bowblade and the Bloodletter.)
Ledo's Great Hammer and Moonlight Greatsword. That weapon art is so good.

My favorite weapon in all of the games is WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL

Source of the gif?

Some russian shit.

What's exciting AFTER the dungeon, though? Lothric Castle is just a high wall rerun and the Archives are obnoxious as fuck with enemies that are too fast and deal stupid amounts of damage or just sit there spamming projectiles in groups of three or more. It's a worse Amana because at least Amana was memorably frustrating.
King's garden is like 11 seconds long and Untended Graves is probably the coolest moment in Dark 3 but it loses its novelty after the first visit.

But that's the entire game, though.

Man of taste over here.

Eh, she really was just Vicar Amelia for non-Furfags.

Is that why I like both?

You should know better than to use anything other than a spear/straight sword.

When the game gives you no impetus to try anything else, that's all you can do.

what are you, a fucking moron?

The only correct choice.

Still, what was the gif from?

I mean, okay, sure, you're correct, but it's especially bad with the fleamen in the archives. They kill you in 3 hits at the HP softcap.

Dragonrider bow + hawk ring + feather arrows

I didn't even know that there was an official comic. It is amazing how wrong everything in it feels.

dropped

It is beyond my comprehension how anyone can possibly read 99% of western comics without gouging their own eyes out.

ok

What.

lol

I was mainly thinking of Archdragon Peak, but yeah you're actually right. Irithyll itself is ok though and the Cathedral is sort of alright I suppose

As far as I'm concerned it's the best from the series.
Where as the original was story and lore driven, a grand tale revolving around deeds and whereabouts of Lordran's wayfarers.. third one appears more poetic, using established background as means of expressing wayfare itself.
I've spent exactly 100 hours on ds3 back at the time and didn't even finish the game yet. Merely because it's great and pleasant to delve into. Besides, the pc port was finally decent so I can experience it comfortably myself unlike first ds.
Surely will pick it up again and along with the dlcs once I get myself some better gear.

How the fuck do you spend 100 hours in a hallway game? It's about as linear as FF13.

Multiple characters, trying different things or approaches whilist also messing around with multiplayer or just sightseeing.

The Punisher is good.

Just play dark souls 1 or 2 if you want to experiment with builds. 3 is literally the worst in the series for variety.

2 is the worst for being shit tbh. 3 is a little above it but not by much.

I've played the second before but I wouldn't say it was great for build experimentation, whilist as said, the first one for me was more like being told an epic/epos near a campfire.
Third one feels the other way around as in living the epos, but I'm digressing.

One could easily argue that bothering with multiplayer, builds or whatever is a waste of time as it has always been broken in the series, but what gives, it can be enjoyable either.

nigger
2 two is the best for build variety, branching paths and PvP
1 is the best for exploration and feeling on an continuous adventure and open endedness.
3 is the best for amount of content, characters, and closure of storylines, etc.

3's main problems is that while it brought cool things like weapon skills and such it also fucked other things like spells, armor and poise.

this is a genuine post

that is one ugly game. Plus, if it were a souls game, he would have been hit a hundred times

there's too many
ds3 firekeepr a cute tho

I just beat amelia, I'm on a blades of mercy run. I do remember using the constable pants in the past.

(1488 get)
Solaire was too good for western eyes, too pure. Miyazaki brings him over here and that is what the cravens on our side of the pacific do with him.

Archives are easy as fuck, it's just that like ~80% of the rest of the game, slow weapons are absolutely shit-tier for anything other than reliably staggering fatties which you could just as easily be poking with a spear with far less likelihood that you're going to get punished by one of the OTHER fatties that are just outside your attack range and attacking through the guy you're currently fighting. You can grab a Lothric Knight Long Spear at High Wall and that will easily carry you through 100% of the game and both DLCs, or you could swap it out for a Gargoyle Flame Spear or Ringed Knight Spear at some point for more variety. Like 2, there's very little weapon variety in PVE, except instead of a Rapier (or Espada Ropera) and the Craftman's Hammer with RoB and FR being the best option 100% of the time, you're stuck with Straight Swords and Spears.

1 is the only game in the series with true build variety in PVE.

Please do not speak for everyone, especially concerning PVE, where everyone can play anything and win.

Stop the butthurt please.

Except Dark Souls 3 is built on Bloodborne engine, and not the DaS1, the way the fucking meshes fit together look different.
Worse moveset, divided between too much stats.
Oh look, it's the DaS2 fanboy who hates DaS3.

Fuck off back to cuckchan, faggot.

Nah, I think you should go, m8.

Your DaS2 buddies are over there, every day with DaS2 wuz da best DaS thread.

Currently replaying DaS1 myself.

The hardest enemy is still the titanite demon goddamn. They have such versatile and damaging movesets.

And somehow I prefer the Black Knight sword over the Black knight halberd, its slow weight and faster moveset mean you can kill faster and the damage difference isn't much.

It really is distressing how much hating on 3 and thinking 2 is good seem to go hand in hand.

It's just assblasted DaS2 fans who take all their frustration on a new game.

They thought DaS3 was gonna suck, turns out it didn't, so now they have to spend every living minutes shitting on DaS3.

but the world carries on and people still stick with DaS3 and DaS2 is literally a ghost town.

It's not just DaS 2 faggots who """""hate""""" DaS 3 because it's new. DaS 3 has been dying a slow, painful death. Meanwhile, people are flocking BACK to DaS and DaS 2. The amount of people using DSCM, and the amount of people playing DaS 2, are evenly matched.

DaS 3 is the game reserved in the series for autists who like literal shit tier PvP, and the worst PvE next to DaS 2.

You can use your bare hands to dig a hole and LARP being in a gulag, or you can use a shovel. One of these is obviously the better tool for the job. If you weren't a

Can you provide proof of this?

By steam stats alone, it's not Dark Souls 3 who's dying a slow and painful death.

Except it's a vidya game, not a job.

Chill.

Not an argument, shitskin. You still haven't refuted anything I've said.

Do you want to play the steam stats game?

Here is Dark Souls 3:
steamcharts.com/app/374320

Here is Dark Souls 2 SoFS:
steamcharts.com/app/335300

Here is Dark Souls:
steamcharts.com/app/211420

Dark Souls 2 remains the lowest, player-count-wise, even counting vanilla Dark Souls 2.

Jesus christ, you really are redditscum. We have IDs here and I'm not the one you were complaining about steam stats with.

Dark Souls 3 has a massively fluctuating playerbase. It's been on a sharp decline since it first came out, accompanied by the subsequent DLC released, which saw a a hearty amount of players return only to leave a month later.

PvP is dead outside of the dedicated autism-zones, such as Pontiff, the Arena, and Irithyll. Compare this with DaS 1 and 2, who both share a 2,000-3,000 concurrent player average. They feature the most steady playerbase of all the games, bar none.

The other argument makes no sense, you can argue all days about muh efficiency, but it's a fucking video game, people play to have fun, not to get the durr best weapons.

Dark Souls 3 playerbase has never dipped less than 5000 players, see

Meanwhile, DaS2 is getting lower, and lower with time.

There are more "autists" playing DaS3 than DaS2 right now, for comparison.

Bloodborne is the best game in the series.

Very arguable, but I wonder what would happen BB is no more exclusive.

Of course, I'm going to enjoy the game but I fear lotsa fags will hate it.

What the fuck are you even talking about? Everything gets lower and lower with time, that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about average playerbase, of which DaS 1 and 2 are more consistent at than DaS 3 is.

Of ALL the games on PC, DaS 3 has seen the sharpest decline in players. There is no refuting this. Not even vanilla DaS 2 saw this sharp of a decline.

I wasn't discussing "fun" you stupid fucking faggot. I was discussing efficiency before you started shitting yourself and smearing it all over the walls with "b-but fun XDDD its just a vidyagaem bruh chill XDD".

A few weeks back, I did a platinum run of SOTFS. Falconers were more helpful than the people flocking BACK for getting 30 sunlight medals, let me tell you that.

But DaS3 player is consistent? It has never dipped less than 10000 players, even in period without DLC.
Uh?

Vanilla DaS2 gone from 79K players to 600 players in 3 years:
steamcharts.com/app/236430

Well, nobody gives a shit about efficiency, you fucking autist.

This is a vidya game, not a job.

Average all of that out, and it doesn't take a fucking genius to see how sharply DaS 2 tanked among players. When the "worst game in the series" lasted longer than the newest, greatest "Miyazaki-game", you know said game was a letdown.

How sharply DaS 3 tanked*

But it quickly regains momentum and stays the course, unlike DaS2, which by November 2014 was 6000 players?

Prove it, because the amount of people using straight swords heavily supports my argument. Or do you think that people find them the most "fun" but that this "fun" has absolutely no correlation with their insane efficiency that puts them above all other weapons in most situations both pve and pvp?

Nowadays people play all kind of weapons in DaS3, in fact, heavy weapons are the all the rage nowadays with the buffed poise stats.

So you have to in fact prove your point that the majority of people employ straight swords.

just finished the Ringed City and generally speaking I thought it was pretty okay. It had great visuals and reminded me of Oolacile or whatever from DS1, and I give them respect from not making the bug swamp poisonous, like they did for the one earlier, but in general if sort of felt empty and linear. DSIII in general suffered from the same problem, which is that the levels don't feel connected enough and the shortcuts are either unnecessary or non-existent.

Slave Knight was a pretty good fight though, even if his stupid cloak creating visual clutter was the hardest part of the fight. I don't know what the fuck they were thinking about with Darkeater though. It reeked of the optional challenge bosses from DSII's dogshit DLC areas.

Your first claim was that "nobody gives a shit about efficiency". The burden of proof lies with you, reddit.

But DS3 also had more players at the start than DS2. So casuals and people giving up, or heck just people that didn't get their money's worth and returned it, would statistically also be more represented. Not to mention the fact the game was hyped to normalfags who likely dropped it because they have no attention span, because they're filthy faggots. If you compare DS2 and DS3 over longer periods of time, DS3 has maintained a steadier playerbase. Keep in mind also DS3 had a less DLC than DS2.

The thing is that while build wise DS3 is limited in PvP, that isn't the case in PvE. You can use literally anything you want. If you want to be autistic and minmax for fighting the AI, go for it, but it's not nearly a hard enough game to justify that. In fact, no game in this series is really that hard unless you've got the attention span of an aforementioned normalfag. Further more, the combat is better and the game more responsive, and the bosses are outright more challenging with less methods to cheese them, and this is comparing to DS1. DS2 had abysmal bosses. Story wise also, there was no drop in quality, but to be fair to DS2 there was no drop in quality there either. It remained consistent along the three games, but also remember that story is the most "subjective" of all these things.

My proof lies here:
gamefaqs.com/boards/168566-dark-souls-iii/73558668

Even 1 year ago when hyperarmor wasn't buffed, there were still talks of strength weapons.

If everybody really cares about efficiency, they wouldn't bother talking about STR weapons at all.

who hates Dark Souls 3?

Nobody gives a shit about efficiency for PvE, unless we're talking speed runs or no hits or what have you. PvE in DS is ridiculously overrated in terms of difficulty. People have always acted like these games are ridiculously hard when really they're just harder than the norm. If you master a fighting style, you can easily play the game with it. Are there people that walk around with straight swords 24/7 in every playthrough because they literally need to win everything or else? Absolutely. But the vast majority of people that play games want to just have fun.

DaS2 faggots from the look of it.

If you notice, it always come down to some sort of victim complex coming from DaS2 faggots.

that's because only homosexuals play multiplayer.

user that is a meme game. don't take the bate.

The worst thing about DaS2 and DaS3 are the goddamn trailers.

Especially DaS3 trailer with the random ass pop songs, the only thing fit Dark Souls is orchestra.

>using a thread about gamefags asking for the most efficient strenght weapon as an argument for how nobody cares about efficiency
Jesus christ you're retarded.

There isn't a single argument in this entire post, and you still aren't refuting about what I said about certain weapons being significantly better than others.

that's not true Tool fits Dark souls like a Glove. Look up Vageta311 Calamity Challenge Assassin's Run.

mein nigger

the music in the series was always not bad and orchestrally pretty sweet but Bloodborne's is so fucking awesome that it is the unquestioned king at the moment. DSI is second best as I can at least think of some tracks from it, and I can't remember any from DeS, DSII, or III

Except that's the argument.

STR weapons weren't efficient at all, even the most efficient STR weapons aren't efficient compared to straight swords or katana.

Thus gamefags discussing STR weapons mean people care about something other than complete efficiency.

Yeah, go play PVP and prove that.

Yes there is. It's not my problem you have reading comprehension Holla Forumsermin scum.

I wasn't answering this. But since you mention it, it literally does not matter. If I have fun with an inferior weapon, I'll use an inferior weapon. It's PvE, very rarely is it challenging beyond learning patterns and taking it slow, If we're talking PvP sure I'll try to use something more efficient, but I dislike DS PvP anyway so that's not applicable, at least for me.

Just summon Anri and Gothard. They make the fight far easier.

Pvpfags ruin every game no matter how small the pvp part of the game is

I want you to go ahead and try to find supporting evidence for this claim and then tie it back to how it means that DS1, Bloodborne, and DS3 (and also demon's souls btw) aren't all running off the same base engine with modifications before I respond to anything else. No, "because I said so" isn't supporting evidence.

Talisman of Beasts. Magic was so damn good and fun in that game
Gravelord Sword. I like how powerful it is early on and how easy it is to get upon first starting, making it a wrecker for the early game when you're primarily investing in health and stamina since scaling isn't a huge factor at that point. It's not the weapon I use the most but it's the weapon I can remember having the most fun with.
Old Whip. Got it from my petrified something when the game first came out and used it to great effect in Belfry Luna. The only people who could beat the Old Whip were people with fast weapons in heavy armor. Shoutout to Sunset staff since hexes were a ton of fun too
Gael's Greatsword. Decent damage output for its weight, looks cool and comes from the absolute best boss in the game.
Too many to pick from. I'd probably have to go with the Threaded Cane just because it's ol' faithful that got me through much of the game. Stake Driver, Pizza cutter, Holy Moonlight Blade, Boom Hammer, Rakuyo, and Logarius Wheel also have close places in my heart though.

Not an argument.
This is still not an argument. Going back to your first post, the fact that you may enjoy digging a hole with your bare hands does not make them in any way comparable to a shovel for the job.
Still not refuting the fact that there is a massive power disparity between weapons. If weapon X has ~400AR, hits extremely fast, and has moderate range, and weapon Y has ~550 AR, hits extremely slow with moderate range, which of these weapons is best for learning patterns and getting your pokes in? One of these weapons leaves the player massively vulnerable after an attack, the other allows you to get constant extra hits in that would not otherwise be possible during certain fast boss combos. The faster weapon in this case is clearly better than the slower weapon, and that's endemic of the core issues that plague 3 when you half-ass it and throw fast, flailing bloodborne-esque enemies in a game and only allow the player to match their speed with an extremely limited weaponset.
But why would you do that, if efficiency doesn't matter?
That explains a lot. If you actually took the time to become proficient in PVP where you learn and adapt to a dynamic threat, you'd find yourself naturally gravitating to the more efficient weapons in PVE as the PVP skillset with them absolutely carries over to PVE, but not the other way around.

Nothing in PVE even comes close to the adrenaline of rolling into High Wall on a fresh character, getting invaded by some twinked faggot with a +2 raw weapon, +3 rings, 7 +10 flasks, burning all 7 of his full-heals and then having him run away and black crystal out.

I'm searching for the source, but you are saying DaS2 is the only one using a different engine?

This is funny because PVP for Dark Souls 3 is super varied.

You get your greatsword and you get your greataxe and you get your rapiers.

That's your opinion. I disagree. PvP in DS and in games in general is a cancerous affair that involves dealing with shitters day in, day out. People are shit, normalfags are the height of shit, and games unfortunately have a lot of normalfags playing these days. Games like Dark Souls where the PvE is just straight better are thus, to me, far better than other games. Also all that shit about the weapon stats, again I repeat

Again, if you want to be a filthy Holla Forumsermin that can't understand English and thinks this isn't an argument, be my guest.

Correct. There's leftover gamedata from DeS in DaS1, and leftover data from DaS1 AND Bloodborne in DaS3. The weapon param structs are functionally identical (DaS3 tacks on dark block% and dark AR at the end of the struct) and the rules for scaling changed (in DS1 and DeS, both int and faith always affected all nonphysical damage, while in DS3 int does magic, faith does lightning, and both affect dark and fire.) but otherwise you can literally copy/paste tables and scripts over from one game to the other. There's also quite a number of properties left over from DaS1, like the 'affects ghosts' flag, and isLantern flag. DaS3 also re-uses the nonfunctional MP regen weapon properties from DaS1 (which were themselves leftovers from DeS) but they have an effect now since MP exists again.

Now why don't you go ahead and tell a programmer how "meshes" (collision meshes? model meshes? floor meshes?) "fitting differently" (in what way?) means that these games aren't programmed on the same engine.

When it comes to viable weapons, it's not. I've got a solid 8/10 win rate across all characters over hundreds upon hundreds of fights, and you're either fighting someone with one of the handful of "good" weapons, or you're fighting a guaranteed free kill.

You don't like PVP not because "muh cancer" and "muh shitters". You don't like PVP because you're faced with a dynamic, unscripted challenge.

Why did you kinkshame her to death?

DeS - Meat Cleaver
DaS1 - Black Knight Sword and Lifehunt Scythe
DaS2 - Fume UGS and Red Iron Twinblade
DaS3 - Sellsword Twinblades and Onyx Blade
BB - WHEEL and Blade of Mercy (but I like almost every weapon in the game besides the Saw Spear)

Did a NG-NG+ run recently. Made a fat-rolling poise build, something I never tried before. It's kinda fun to just plow my through everything. I also noticed that I don't have as many hours in it compared to the sequels but they're hours spent much more productively, compared to DaS3, per instances. DaS1 is a fantastic single player game, bar a few moments I have a lot of fun soloing the whole thing and even on my fifth build I'm seeing some things for the first time. Meanwhile, DaS3, as a solo experience, is mostly utter misery that gets downright unpleasant after the Cathedral but I dick around on multiplayer a lot.

Titanite Demon is ridiculous. That fuckin' cripple moves faster than almost anything else and has some absurd hitboxes. That said, I nominate Hellkite for biggest cancer in the game, if not the series; nothing beats that cunt in terms of sheer bullshit.

DaS2 gets shit on all the time but this one you go from shitcreak bog zone > bone zone > Yharnam X-mas zone which is probably as dumb.

I love the fashion and the options to respec but the game is extremely linear, most enemies are either speedy cunts who auto-dodge every time you press a button and then chimp out on you or slow giants with perfect tracking that delay their attacks until you press a button, there's no environmental hazards outside of a handful of traps and the game seems to have a meta even for the PvE.
For me, the game's best part is hands down the fight with Gael - fight is lengthy and tough but gitting gud really pays off because despite all the chinese girl cartoon shit, there isn't truly bullshit moments . I occasionally turn the game for a few hours on just to set a sign there.

Sulyvahn is free to circling.

By your own admission, only one type of weapon is viable in PvP…how is that dynamic and unscripted? I'll just face the same 5 weapons over and over right?

Never fucking ever. That game is unmittigated trash from start to asspull finish.

BUT REMEMBER SOLAIRE AND MEMES? XXXDDDDDDDD

You have to get at least 5 posts under your belt before you can just shitpost like that, user.

I will never forgive the Sunlight Parma in DaS2. A fucking painting of Solaire on a goddamn wooden piece of wooden shit got chosen as a contest winner over a sunlight shield that had all of Solaire's painting worn off, leaving only its silhouette on its battle-damaged cover.

THAT would have been a cool-ass shield, not a dumbass meme shield.

Why hate Dark Souls 3 when 2 is the objective worst?

No fuck you this game is garbage. It was made exclusively as a brand loyalty exercise for vaatifags and ended up being a colossal disappointment AND the laziest world design in the series. If you like it you have no standards. People dont like to hear that and get upset and defensive but this shit is indefensible. The 'trap' situation alone where 75% or more of the traps are undead hollows stuck to sheer walls like fucking spiderman that 5 games in wont fool anybody guarding a pity ember nobody needs is fucking below bioware level games design. If thats you 'good' you have dogshit taste and no standards which means you probably are a vaatifag going "b-but what does solaires sword being enshrined in castle lothric multiple civilisations later mean to da lore?"

ITS MEANS FUCKING NOTHING BECAUSE ITS ALL JUST FUCKING MEMES AND REFERENCES FOR YOU GODDAMN MOUTH BREATHERS WHO DONT DEMAND STANDARDS JUST SHIT YOU RECOGNISE LIKE AN INFANT PLAYING PEEK A BOO EAGER FOR DADDYS FACE TO SURPRISINGLY BE THERE ONCE AGAIN TO BE RECOGNISED.

It is a bad game made of ideas from two games that dont work together, the story is dogshit, the fights easy and lazily designed and weapon arts were a pointless addition.

Deal with it nerd.

2 is the worst but 3 is still bad enough in many respects to warrant the ire of fans.

Scholar of the first sin is better than 3. Its so much fucking better than 3.

Like what? I thought it was solid enough. Way better than DaS2.

Because you're fighting a real person instead of a literally scripted and 100% predictable NPC.

Why not both? I'm not enough of a contrarian to pretend 2 was anything more than a dumpster fire from day 1, but the extreme linearity of 3 kills all replay value if you're not interested in PVP.

In a nutshell: poise, lack of replayability and variation in viable builds.The three combined made for a somewhat stale experience that didn't feel like Dark Souls. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy DaS3 and have gone through several playthroughs, and I acknowledge that the most recent few patches have allowed for greater build variety but the problem remains especially in contrast to previous titles. For all of the dumb garbage that plagued DaS2 build variety was not one of its problems.

I agree with you, just not the way you're going about it.

I thought Ds2 was more linear than 3.
Maybe linear isn't the right word but it felt like a tree graph where branches just go down and never across. Not just in terms of how the areas were connected but in terms of the layout within the areas as well.
In Ds3 there is still a lot less interconnection than 1 and BB, but it you still moved from one to the next, occasionally finding paths back to old areas and loops and such, as opposed to Ds2 where you said "oh, I've gotten to the end of this path, time to go back to Majula and start a different one." And there were definitely more shortcuts and interconnection within each area than in Ds2 which didn't matter as much because they have away bonfires like candy, but still

You can argue level design is poor, but that isn't the case due to the enemies. The enemies in 3 are in generally more challenging, better placed and the combat is all around better. The one thing the level design fucked up in was bonfire placement, giving you too much of them. You also seem, as far as the story goes, too hung up on shitting on vaati to draw your own conclusions, thus you prevent yourself from enjoying the story for what it is.

For what it's worth, I find the interactions between the Fire Keeper and the Ashen One the most interesting parts of the story. The end of fire ending might as well be the true ending as far as I'm concerned. They should have added more dialogue and other things to the Fire Keeper to build up on that, although they did dedicate the best side area of the game to her story at least. As far as referencing the past games, that's par the course for the final game of a franchise. It's nothing new. DS2 did it as well, and it makes for an easier time getting into the story when the world itself has it's own mythology behind it. It's why books like Tolkien have the fame and quality they have.

Except PvP itself is scripted and predictable. Depending on the weapon people will follow a given strategy. In fact, just like the mentioned (and admitted by you) small viability of weapons, strategies are the same. The only way to play this game in PvP is r1 punish everything and otherwise wait around for a mistake. That's it. If that's fun and challenging for you, that's fine. To me it's cancer. The game isn't a multiplayer game. It's single player with multiplayer components. It should not be balanced around multiplayer, nor should it be judged primarily on the multiplayer. This isn't Call of Duty. Multiplayer could be removed and little to nothing would change. And this is true for any Souls game.

But PvP people, in their infinite desire to win, need the game to cater to them exclusive and can not see anything of value in the game if it isn't PvP related. Hence why you get comments like:
You people do act like cancerous faggots in any game you get involved in.

Scholar is 2 but with the frustration amped to 11. Your post makes no sense.

git gud

Damaging, yes, but versatile?
lol

You're not even supposed to fight it. It's like bitching that a sewer smells bad.

Oh that's not a good sign

Your image pleased me

Dragon is best girl

These images confuse to no end

user, I know defending scholar of the first sin is no easy task, but it's one that you'll have to undertake.

No love for crow demon?
The best ASS in the game?

You're 100% correct on that. 2 is almost completely lacking interconnectivity, but there are a lot of those branches to go down right from the start which allows for far more varied playthroughs not that you'll want to play through it again.

Not even going to read the rest of your post when you open with something as patently ridiculous as that.

hey man if it can be used to justify all of das1's flaws why not use it for das2

You should actually read the rest of his post on DaS3 pvp, or this tl;dr: Flowchart Kens have more depth and variety.

That'd work if DS1 had even 20% of the flaws DS2 has.

So basically, you have no argument. Anyway, if you enjoy it that much, just go back to fighting the same weapon with the same strategy by the same type of player over and over and over and over and call it refreshing and adrenaline inducing.

Like hell I'm letting that asshole loiter around my bridge.

those aren't flaws you're just casul

*your
*ur

Exactly. You wanted to get rid of it but it was unnecessary, and you don't even get much from it.

Frustrating, ugly and lazy level design are flaws. Never said they were difficult.

lol sounds like someone needs to GIT GUD

stop dying and learn to play and you won't get frustrated

Frustrating =/= difficult.

is that what you tell urself when u weep bitter tears into ur pillow at night over how butthurt u are about SUCKING AT LIFE

Coax him to get on to the bridge and run to the side where the bonfire is. He'll walk towards you and then stand there and take it like the bitch it is.

My mind was blown when I learned about this method, because I would kill him by just sticking around his feet and abusing this invincibility zone the somehow appears near where it breaths fire.

u nid 2 git laid n stup bing sch a NERD sweethart
lol

Are you faggots talking about the old stray demon?

Helkite
There is no salvation from stray demon

Oh yea that explains it, fuck the hellkite. And fuck the ancient dragon in DaS 2 too

After some attempts and a rectal ragnarok, I cooled down and went to look some strat videos because maybe, just maybe, I was being a stupid faggot and doing shit that was triggering some attacks (took me Midir to fully understand this). lo and behold, some videos going through some key points like "don't attack the legs because that triggers that OHKO fire breath" so I follow that and only attack the head and he does that shit anyway. Then I tried that thing of going near the bonfire, the alleged safe spot where he'll only do the basic fire breath and you can attack the neck. Nope. Kept spamming that shit. I had to rely on the glitch where he stops there and takes all the abuse for a good amount of time.

Problem with this cunt is that he takes spam to whole new levels. Everything he does has borderline zero start up, hits the whole bridge (and goes sideways because this is magic fire!) and stays for ages so he'll do the stationary or carpet bomb breaths, knock you down, do it again, you get frame trapped as you get up and he'll do it again and this literally goes ad infinitum.

lol i fuck ur mom every nite bro

This thread has been compromised.

`>>12853886
FUN FACT, BAD RNG LETS RATS IN THE DEPTH DO THIS TOO SINCE ONE OF THEIR ATTACKS DEALS 'KICK' HITTYPE AND HAS LESS COOLDOWN THEN YOUR HITSTUN AFTER BEING KICKED

ASK ME HOW I DIED WITH A 40 VIT CHARACTER WEARING THE STONE SET AND FAP RING IN THE DEPTHS

my dick compromised ur mums virginity kiddo

How?

It can attack at ALL ranges, has a ranged move AND a grab move.

Shit, it can even jump and kill you, randomly.

Why does this feel like DaS2 fagging?

The way you move in DaS3 feels fucking different than DaS1.

Every times someone say DaS3 is bad, that certain someone is going to say DaS2 is better or not worse.

THEY ARE DAS2 FALSE FLAGGING THEIR SHITTY GAME.

I hope Code Vein is great but for some reason I just think it is going to end up like me and monster hunter. I get really excited for a new one of those buy it day 1 play it for like 5 hours and just get upset because it doesn't feel right.

you really need to go back to reddit friend. Homosexuality is not welcomed here.

wow how do you even call yourself heterosexual?

Why are you so fucking anal about defending DS3

`>>12854534
TWO RATS STUNLOCKED ME TO DEATH FROM FULL HEALTH

THAT'S HOW

Man that sure is a whole lot of interesting information on meshes you colossal faggot. Are you giving up and admitting I'm right, then?

I don't care about whether or not she's similar to the Maiden in Black, that's worse.

Because it pisses me the fuck off seeing obvious DaS2fags false flagging their shit.

You ain't right buddy.

The way armor meshes together is different from DaS1 and DaS3, this is evident in how you fucking look.

I could understand someone not liking DS3 however if they prefer DS2 they are a garbage person. DS2 is fucking terrible it's the only one I cannot manage to replay I get to Iron Keep and just give up. Feels like crap, shitty enemy design, fucking horrendous level design/enemy placement DS2 is inexcusable.

OOOOH OOOH THERE IT FUCKING IS
THE EXACT THING I KNEW YOU WOULD DO, WHICH IS WHY I TOLD YOU AHEAD OF TIME

NOW, O FAGGOT OF THE COLOSSUS, WHY DON'T YOU EITHER FIND EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT YOUR CLAIM, LIKE I ASKED

Because they're anal anguished that their beloved Miyazaki phoned in the final game of the series, and kept the best bits for paid DLC.

But the best bosses are still in the main game.

You are quoting on how DaS3 shares some mechanics that were in DaS1 and BB.

That doesn't change the fact DaS3 uses a fucking different engine, and the way you look move is way different than DaS1.

This is how you look and move in DaS1:
youtube.com/watch?v=goK6xHqLBII

This is how you move in DaS3:
youtube.com/watch?v=JsaThMTjEks

Judge and compare.

I'm only anal anguished over DaS2fags keep doing their shitty "OH DAS2 WAS SHITTY, BUT IT HAD TON OF POTENTIAL AND WAS BETTER THAN DAS3" skit in every DaS3 threads.

When the latest and greatest in the series reverts, and subsequently downgrade in a lot of areas on core gameplay mechanics, people tend to get a little upset, deservedly. I see very few DaS 2 fags in this thread, and the ones that are in here are doing a bad job of advocating for the game.

No, it's evident in this thread.

Most "people" who dislike DaS3 tend to "prefer" DaS2.

And no, not a lot of people get upset over DaS3, shit sells well and has a consistent playerbase.

Nah. The fanart exaggerates it.

This doesn't preclude them being built on the same engine, fagwad. You can get DaS3-style movement in DaS1 by fucking with the player movement param.
wow they applied physics to player cloth and have different some different animations clearly this means they're built on separate engines BECAUSE THE DARK 1 ENGINE DIDN'T SUPPORT CLOTH PHYSICS (JUST IGNORE SILVER KNIGHTS) AND ANIMATIONS ARE ENGINE-LOCKED

YOU KNOW WHAT OTHER GAMES WERE BUILT ON THEIR OWN SHARED ENGINE

MARIO FUCKING SIXTY FOUR

OCARINA OF TIME

AND STAR FOX 64

you fucking stupid cunt. "You look different and have different movement rules" doesn't mean a fucking thing. Try again, why don't you find evidence of these 'meshes' you were going on about? I'm still waiting for you to actually back up your claims with evidence instead of either "just look at it" or "because i said so." Why not go into details about the coding and engine differences? Since you're oh-so-knowledgeable, why not talk at length about, say, the different ways those engines handle animations, or the different order they handle loading effects and models into memory, or the differences between the triggers for loading or unloading chunks of level and enemy models? Should be easy for someone as smart as you, right?

Very, VERY slightly. The only thin that's more prevalent is DaS3fags feeling the need to desperately cling to their shallow justifications of how DaS 3 is good, as if anybody denies it.
So are we making overly large, sweeping generalizations now? Cool. Most "people" who like DaS 3 tend to "irrationally hate and regurgitate past preconceived notions and perceptions" about DaS 2
Your 20+ posts in this thread tend to say otherwise.

I can imagine Mario 64 and OoT being on the same engine, but the moment you get cloth physics in, it's no longer the same engine.

If you speak about animations, those are also different in DaS3 compared to DaS1, despite the fact they were meant to be the same move.

I'm just tired to motherfucking defend every fucking trash arguments used against DaS3, namely muh poise.
It's evident in this fucking thread.
It's to respond against 10+ of DaS2 fags.

Most people who like DaS3 just post about how they like DaS3, that's it.

user you can only post 5 images and most Maiden in black porn is trash.

GET THE FUCK OFF MARKS BOARD=

Prove it. I'm serious, prove it. Go find evidence of this. Prove that it is impossible for one game to have cloth physics on the player model and then that it is impossible to make a game without cloth physics on the player model while using the same engine. Prove that this cannot be done. Yes, specifically just the player model, since cloth physics exist in DaS1 on silver knight capes. Go on, prove that it is impossible to have an engine that can produce a game with cloth physics on the player and produce another game without cloth physics on the player.
That thing I said about "animations are engine-specific?" That was a joke. You know how new animations were added into DaS1 with the DLC (such as the abyss greatsword attacks?) Same engine, same game, new and different animations.

It's the absence of prove otherwise, if they can do cloth physic in DaS1 in large amount, why didn't they do it with various robes and shit in the game?
And? DaS3 didn't reuse a single animation/move from DaS1, even the same moves get new animation.

Most people who like DeS just post about how they like DeS.
Most people who like DaS just post about how they like DaS.
Most people who like DaS 2 just post about how they like DaS 2.

See where I'm going with this? This entire community is trash, and each fan of each game feels the need to justify why said game is the best in the series. Quit acting like DaS 3 fags are the patron saints of the Souls community. If there are any good apples in this community, it's the DeS fans, because they are by and large gone. What little that are left are even more of nostalgiafags than DaSfags, except they are without a lot of the cancer that makes DaSfags so obnoxious to talk with.

Except DaS2 fags actively come out and shit on DaS3, and even sometimes DaS1 as well.

When the fuck did you find some DaS3 just come out and shit on DaS2 non-stop?

No, it's always the victimized fans of DaS2 shitting on Miyazaki games.

This, DaS2 actively shit up thread and call other entries in the series shit. Coincidentally DaS2 has the mostly pvpfags in its fanbase

your fan game is shit OnlyHomo, just fucking drop it.

This isn't fucking English, and you're shifting burden of proof. You made a claim. Either stop trying to weasel out of having to prove your claims like the tiny-dicked shitskin you are or admit you're wrong.
I can think of a bunch of reasons, but if I was forced to choose just one, it would be that DaS1 is optimized like total garbage and trying to simulate cloth physics in Blightown with two phantoms and an invader on the PS3 would result in the PS3 overheating and burning people's houses down.

My claim is that DaS1 and DaS3 use different engines, and how you look and move prove it.

You are deflecting on how they can improve how you look and move within in the same engine.

Except it doesn't make sense, if they can reuse assets, why not reuse the clothes and animation from the previous games?

Your autistic argument has be confused.
It's obvious Dark Souls is on a different engine from Dark Souls 3. Heck didn't From outright stated it runs on the same engine as Bloodborne?

Well, the dude I was arguing is trying to say DeS, DaS1, BB and DaS3 use the same engine.

Only DaS2 uses a different engine is his point.

Right, we've gone over this. "How you look and move" is neither proof nor an argument. Undertale and several Megaman clones are built on the same engine, but they do not look or handle similarly.
No, dipshit, right here (the moment you get cloth physics in, it's no longer the same engine.) you made this claim. Prove it. Provide any evidence. You have repeatedly avoided proving you claims, you have run away from every argument, you are on the level of a mentally damaged child. Provide evidence or admit you are wrong.
This is a red herring, and not an argument nor evidence. It is a distraction.

Bloodborne runs on a slightly modified DaS1 engine. Better optimized, but still uses the same data formats and 90% of its logic. They're so close that asm code can run perfectly on both DaS1 and DaS3 as long as you update the pointers.

And because I know that dumbshit is going to go "Ha! Different pointers is proof it's a different engine!" you need to update pointers damn near every time any of the games updated. Something that runs on DaS3's initial release pointers won't work on the current iteration of DaS3.

Isn't asm code the most basic type. Wouldn't that running basically mean it's because the engines were technically all developed by the same company?

iirc DaS2 used PhyreEngine 2, an upgraded version of DaS1 and DeS engine. So that's a whole different thing.
BB as you said runs on a modified DaS1 engine, so DaS3 runs on the same engine with some tweaks probably.
I don't see why all the autism.

Theoretically you could have x86 ASM that just writes a single value somewhere that runs on any program so that's arguably a bad example, but I'm talking about much more advanced stuff. Everyone had to start over from scratch when making stuff for DaS2 because it's completely different, but could re-use almost everything they made for DaS1 in DaS3. The thing that changed the most was how enemy AI works, so the poor bastard that made the 'play as a boss/enemy/npc/whatever' script in DaS1 had to redo shitloads of his code to handle the new AI properties.

It's over the one subhuman shitstain that shits up every thread with his retarded bullshit. He's completely and 100% objectively and provably wrong and I want to try to hammer it into his skull that he's garbage and needs to kill himself.

I know how it feels, this shit happens to me almost every day, it's incredible. Every time it happens it just feels like maybe we need another genocide.

Right, I forgot this was a Dark Souls thread. Uh, Greirat is best waifu.

They've been doing exactly that for years. Like I said, knock it off with the patron saint bullshit fallacy you keep portraying DaS 3 fans as.

Your arguments go both ways, and then some.

The evidence being, if they can do it, why didn't they do it? They didn't do it in the PC port either.
It's a solid argument, if they can reuse engine, why not reuse the animation too?

Oh yes, DaS2 is super unique and different compared to the rest of the series, tell me more.

Except this whole thread, and the threads before it and before it, it's all about DaS2 shitting on DaS3fags.

DaS2fags don't even play games anymore.

You are begging the question, a type of logical fallacy. It's neither evidence nor an argument. Try again. Find evidence to support your claims or admit you are wrong. If you reply to this post without actual proof and resort to more logical fallacies, you are admitting you have no evidence, no arguments, and are wrong. You will be admitting I am correct and that you have nothing.
No, a red herring is a type of logical fallacy. Fuck off. "A logical fallacy is an argument because I said so" isn't an argument either.
tbh i'd love to but i need to get to sleep, if this thread is still around tomorrow i could launch into a huge spergy rant about DaS2's half A presses
No, it's everyone shitting on YOU for being A GIANT FUCKING RETARD

Those two are legit arguments though, if they want to save cost, there's no reason for them to NOT reuse animation.
Here we go, the DaS2 fagging.
No, it's not everyone, it's just you and the other DaS2 fags, and it's not just me who you are shitting on, but various DaS3 fans as well.

and there we go
"A logical fallacy is an argument because I said so" isn't an argument either.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent responses were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read your posts. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

DS2 is the only one worth playing

i became Kang, and thats it

Hey faggot, I bet you all the money the Souls series has ever made that there are plenty of people who dislike Dark Souls 2 that think Three is dogshit.
Stop hoisting the ragged strawman whenever someone insults your favorite game. Three was underwhelming, all Dark Souls sequels are. They're just meager attempts to make lightning strike twice, and failing to do so.

OK user, keep DaS2 fagging, I don't give a shit.

Of course retards exist, but I haven't seen one fucking guy who honestly thinks DaS3 is dogshit.
Meme opinion, even 2 improves the original in some ways (better optimization).
They are attempting to continuing the story and improving the works, and they do not fail to do so, a DaS1 remake would undoubtably be improved with DaS2/DaS3 mechanics.

So did they end up fixing the weapon stats display pages in DS3? Or is it that still that uninformative fuckup they did to DS2?

They added invisible damage multipliers tied to attack animations that make AR completely worthless as a measure of damage dealt. You can see weapon stats from the inventory instead of just the equip screen again though.

No it can't. Most of his attacks have a limited angle and those ranged attack you're complaining about go through you in close range.
Oh and the jump attack is clearly telegraphed.
You just suck.

They had invisible damage multipliers since DS1. They didn't "add" that

So themultipliers only reflect the 1H R1 attack? Eh, I can live with that.

Huh. I did not know that. Example?

Black knight halberd. Compare the weak attacks to the damage of other halberds with the same AR.

Yeah, I'm curious about this too, since I'm not talking about counterhits or instability bonuses, I'm talking about how you can have something with lower AR of the same damage types dealing higher damage than something with higher AR.

Isn't that because almost everything it does deals thrust damage?

First attack is an overhead like the gargoyle's halberd. It only has slash damage

So the scythe?

That one too. I think the "halberd" is the only halberd that has a thrust first weak attack.

Fully upgraded Scythe has same same AR as fully upgraded Burger King Halberd at 33STR and 35DEX. I'll get back to you on this.

Which is completely meaningless since damage types aren't tied to attack animations, they're tied to a weapon's unique behavior ID, and the Black Knight Halberd was originally a spear but they didn't update its behavior ID's damage types when they changed its weapon motion category, hence those huge r2 slashing motions dealing thrust damage.

You'd have to go and compare its damage with and without leo ring on a counterhit to see if the first attack overhead is thrust or not, which is kind of a pain in the ass.

The listed damage types (ie normal/thrust) on a weapon don't actually reflect the weapon's damage types on attacks, either. Those are just bit flags that can display whatever. You can have the longsword display as a -/normal/slash/thrust/strike weapon.

This is also one of those things DS2 does differently, btw. Each animation has its own associated hit data instead of it being per-weapon, so sticking the majestic greatsword's special attacks on anything will give you the correct knockback and damage type instead of giving you the knockback and damage type associated with that weapon, ie the flip slam on the estoc in ds2 will cause something to pancake, while the flip slam on the estoc in ds1 and ds3 will cause them to act as if they were hit with the estoc's slash attack.

Probably due to how shit DaS3 is. It failed in build variety, it failed in the pvp aspect, it failed in the new game plus aspect, it failed in world exploration, it failed in interesting npcs. The only thing it didnt fail in was pretty graphics. And yes bloodborne fans I know you LOVED the combat that is completely different from all the other dark souls entries and tries to copy bloodborne to the point of ruining a large swathe of playstyles prevalent in both the games preceding it, but if Bloodborne is your shtick go fucking play bloodborne. DaS3 is a shit game and it's only good for one playthrough before boredom kicks in which was never an issue in any of the other souls games, probably because they avoided becoming a fucking hallway game with little to no deviations and barely any variety between playthroughs. Hell, a good example of DaS3 in a nutshell is to look at its DLCs as they perfectly encapsulate DaS3, short, shallow and unfulfilling. Thank god it's the last in the series so from can't fuck it up anymore.

Bloodborne is not a part of the dark souls series. They're not named the same, have different world spaces, lore, and mechanics. Stop trying to combine two different series to try and get prestige by association.

DS2 introduced some interesting improvements on the weapons upgrade paths and weapons aspect in general.
Too bad the game otherwise kinda sucks and those improvements were ignored in DS3

You know deep down DaS3 is a shit game dont you? Not worth the money you spent on it, and you're probably one of the cucks that bought all the disappointing DLC. Here user, i'll do you a favor, go play DaS1, and forget about the burning pile of garbage that is DaS3. You'll be happier for it. And holy shit you must be some kind of autistic to go this far. I wonder if you'll be the new (100)?

As said, you just hug him with a shield and go right in his armpit or behind him, that is a blind spot in most attacks that you can just abuse, his grab attack does not reach behind him, and only his jump is a bitch, where you can get caught below him or be caught in a multi-hit plunge that will just crunch your stamina.
How even did you farm demon titanites?

Shit you're right, I just tested and it does get a huge damage bonus from Leo's ring despite it being explicitely listed as a slash only weapon.
This game's quirks and hidden bullshit really piss me off sometimes.

Anyway, I did get more damage than a regular halberd that had a higher AR when hitting enemies normally (not counter and not in instability) so I confirmed what I said. (unless the hollows in Firelink Shrine are weak to thrust but not slash, but I doubt that)

Finally someone who gets it.

Ideally DaS never got a sequel and they just made a similar IP for milking.

According to PvP lightweight dex build babies, DS1 did actually fail in build variety because "bwaaaa giant dad bwaaaaa".
They are the reason poise got nerfed in DS2 and almost entirely dropped in DS3
PvP is cancer but the devs are autistic about it so hey, whatever.

Its more that PvP fags had the loudest voice so they listened to them over the PvE players.

It was ultimately the developers' decision to listen to the PvP fags over the PvE players.
Yeah, PvP fags are louder, but that's because the whole idea behind their game is interaction with other players, so obviously they're going to be more active in forums and such.
The devs could've chosen to prioritise PvE if they wanted to but they didn't. It's not the community's fault, the community is always going to be cancer, for any game ever. The point is devs shouldn't give in to the cancer. They're the ones at fault.

Liking videogames, even shit ones, is fine. The point is his post was basically saying "lol if you don't like shit you're an autist".
Also back to cuckchan, putito.

So are all 3 Dark Souls games shit or what? I would say you an an autist if you think so.

No, I don't know that.

I'm playing DaS1 right now and DaS3 is the better game. In fact, the DLCs of DaS3 are superior to DaS1 as well.

Hurr durr more DaS2 fagging.

The fact you don't enjoy DaS3 doesn't mean everyone feel the same, especially the combat.

But the Ringed City is the best Dark Souls DLC to date.

I think DS1 is good and DS2 is playable and somewhat enjoyable but frustrating and forgettable. I haven't played 3.
You guys have skewed the definition of autism so much that you're actually using it to denote everything you disagree with or dislike.

It is autistic to bitch so much about vidya games.

No matter how shit a game, it ain't worth your time to write one fucking page of text to denote it.

This is a board specifically dedicated to that.
You're autistic by mere association by posting here.

It might be if you're into game design and care about certain concepts and how they weren't executed correctly.
Either way people are bored and have time to waste, what's the problem. People have done less productive shit to waste time since mankind's creation. Bitching about people bitching is pointless.

So in short, it's autistic, let's not kid around here.

Programmers have autistic tendency as well.

My problem with "autists" is that unless they do something productive, they are just fucking killjoys.

It is and so are you. Satisfied? Or will you keep complaining about Holla Forums's inherent nature that will never change while simultaneously still posting here?

I can't wait for Dark Souls 4. It'll happen eventually even if they have to take it to another team. The money's too good.
This is one series I want to see yearly releases forever and ever.
The last game I ever play had better be Dark Souls 64.

My inherent nature is to keep complaining about autists, so yes, bro, I will keep doing it.

I'd have to give that honor to AotA (better bosses, better weapons, better spells, better inter-connectivity, better level design). TRS was okay, but the bosses were mechanically easy, yet boring as fuck due to massively inflated HP pools and defense values. At least Friede was exciting, we don't even get that with TRS.

We can't stop till we have a Dark Souls fast food franchise

To each his own, little boy.

Heretic. Get off this board immediately.

Jesus god no fuck that. Quality degrades the more you copy it.

I honestly can't think of a single enemy that has a higher slash resist than thrust resist. Thrust is a really strong damage type overall which is why the BKH was such a good speedrun weapon.

He's gone almost (100) in older threads. He spergs out about DaS3 in every fucking souls thread.

AotA does not have shit on TRS on bosses (Gael, Midir), weapons (splitleaf greatsword, ringed knight greatswords), level design (TRS is actually interconnected).

I don't know what you mean by better inter-connectivity.

But every souls threads sperg out about DaS3.

Except he can turn, and his melee attacks have fuck huge ranges.

His jump is potential one hit kill too.

The safest way to farm demon titanite is to cast thunderbolt from afar.

Slow as shit
And limited as fuck angles
If it hits you and you're bad at reading him.
Just admit it, you're not very good at the game. Like user said, when you start farming for titanite you figure him out and he turns into a stupid bitch.

Sorry, both the halberd and BK halberd are thrust weapons. I goofed.
BK halberd definitely has some hidden multiplier bullshit that gives it an advantage, evidenced by the fact it does more damage with equal damage type when it shouldn't. On my build (can't remember exact numbers, STR is like 50, DEX is like 40), the Halberd has something like 525 AR and BK halberd has like 513 AR, and the BK halberd STILL does more damage.
It's fucking retarded.

Not slow, not slow at all.
The majority of his hits are horizontal sweep.
Except it does come out as random at times.
I don't think having trouble with one of the hardest enemies in the game is not being "very good" at it.
And you are gonna die a time or two due to his jump. Unless you have proof you can kill 10 times consecutively without dying.

You're joking, right? Midir is literally just stand in front > wait for attack > bop on nose > repeat for 5+ fucking minutes. There is zero challenge or excitement, it's genuinely boring. Gael is bait out stabgrab or leap and punish, repeat until phase 2 where the only "dangerous" part is his cape, which, surprise surprise, is just dark damage and completely shut down with a shield.
You'd have to go play AotA first.

Sigh
Fine, keep being a scrub and bitching, doesn't matter. While you're bitching here other people have figured him out already and can kill him consistently

I'm sure some user can post proof. I recently made it to NG++ so I can't reach where he is easily anymore, but I'd have loved to.

Please show me your 5 minutes of beating Midir.
AoTA on the other hand, while having Artorias and Manus, aren't exactly hard as Midir and Gael.
But I already play it, explain.

Uh, the fact I have troubles with him doesn't mean I'm "bitching", I'm just saying he's the hardest enemy in the game.
Waiting.

He's really not. He's easy to read and avoid.
Holy fuck are you seriously this useless? Just look up some youtube video or something. Just because you have trouble with him doesn't mean others do. Why are you so obsessed with asking for evidence when someone claims he can do something you can't?

But I already beat the titanite demons.

This doesn't stop it from being the hardest enemy in the game.

And that video doesn't show that guy beating the titanite demon 10 times consecutively without dying.

The funny thing is, the most retarded and baity posts are sometimes genuine and come from actual retards and not trolls.

If I ever do that shit DLC again, I'll webm it to rub in the faces of the idiots who unironically think Midir is hard.
Neither are hard at all. Midir heavily telegraphs everything, Gael heavily telegraphs everything that's actually dangerous, and both have extremely predictable attack windows that you can safely punish every single time.

Hell, Midir is the one boss in 3 where it's actually beneficial to use a big slow weapon, and that should be immensely telling.

If you did, you'd see how many shortcuts you can unlock. The entire first zone of TRC is a linear corridor with multiple jump-off points that you can't even return without to without teleporting.

I'm sorry, what's retarded about what I said?

So in short, no proof?

But teleporting is something you have for granted in DaS3, so that makes no sense.

Do yourself a favor and stop replying to him. Look at his other posts.

Subjectivity's a bitch huh? I died more to the Crystal Undread in Dukes archives than those fuckers. The only hard one was crossing the bridge into Lost Izalith because of the small flooring, otherwise you just wailed on him from his broken leg.

I would say the demon titanites in that corridor of the catacombs, the double demon titanites in Sen's fortress and the demon in lost izalith are the bitchest encounter in Dark Souls, fucking hellkite is easier to beat than them when you figure out it stops for a full minute after it breathes fire.

Again with opinions. They're not hard at all though anyway because they all have the same move set that becomes painfully easy to deal with once you figure it out. The only one that respawns however has inflated HP and next to no room to maneuver in so it's actually somewhat more difficult. Shame it's completely optional.

Well, okay, they are the only enemies I have trouble with in the game.

You must have incredible autism then. There's enemies with far more advanced more advanced move sets that deal more damage.

For example?

You figured that out just now?

There are only three in the game that are in close proximity to each other, and the only difficult part about fighting them is the fact that they are on ground that makes you move slow if you don't want to give up a ring slot. Beating an enemy consecutively doesn't make it easier or harder as an enemy, the game itself has a certain level design to it and if you put a difficult enemy in a wide arena it's going to be easier to fight, which is one of the reasons most DS bosses are so easy compared to their levels.

You can easily make a save via DSfix, then go beat the uber titanite demon in Lost Izalith 10 times in a row in order to prove that you can consecutively do it.

Dark Knights, Bosses, Crystal enemies, Channeler buffed enemies, Crystal Giants in the caves. Off the top of my head anyway. Necromancers will fuck you up early game. Wheel skeletons fucking sucked enough to drain your HP in 1 attack if your poise wasn't great. Darkwraiths would also fuck you up and Ghosts had the incredible gift of making me remember enemy placement through walls. Shit NPC invasions might have fucked you up if you up occasionally. Oh yea and just about any enemy in Tomb of the Giants save maybe the pillar skeletons and the archers. The Doggo skeletons in particular are incredibly tough because of aggressiveness. Any one of those enemies were harder than the isolated Demon Titanites tbh. Which are actually pretty static and simple to defeat once you know their move set. Shit I can even tank them if I go STR and heavy armor. All you need to do is roll out of the way when they do a jump attack and roll right back and you're golden.

Nobody ever said poking fun at the disabled wasn't fun.

You would have to return to the bonfire each time you killed him in order to do that. Have you seriously never farmed that one? It's easy as hell. Just go power within and jab him in the ass.

I can safely the black knights, the channeler buffed enemies, the skeleton + necromancer and the darkwraiths, the NPC invasions, the bosses (vanilla anyway) give me less troubles than the titanite demons.

Wheel skeletons I might give you, but it's just matter of moving outta the way, fighting them in open space is pretty easy.

you are actually retarded

Not with a save via DSfix.

And no, I never farm demon titanites, I just need twinkling.

And the easiest way to farm that one is just to use sunlight bolt miracle or great lightning spear.

If you are pro at beating said enemy, you can beat it consecutively no?

Again autism. Saying they're easier doesn't portray how difficult they actually are if they're actually a lot easier to defeat than most of the other enemies. If you have an easier time killing harder enemies but a harder time killing easier enemies that's fine. Just don't act like this rare case is detrimental to the game itself.

Then what's the point? If it's not possible to encounter in the game without a 3rd party tool then you're not exactly saying much. And I could still beat him ten times in a row more easily than the first room in the Dukes archives. Again what are you saying from this other than it's an enemy that only you find incredibly difficult?

Except I don't find this a problem with the game.

I'm just saying they are the bitchest enemies to fight in the game, bar non.

To prove a point, that you can beat the demons 10 times without dying.

They're factually not to pretty much nobody but you.
I probably could. And have most likely when I farmed the Izalith one. Sure enough I had to rest at a bonfire each time but I remember grinding him for about an hour at once point and never taking more than a few hits because of his simple move set and simple strategy to kill him.

You just shot your argument in the leg, idiot. If you become proficient at killing an enemy it might be easier for you than other people, and that negates the idea of difficulty.

That's factually not true though, a lot people complain about the demon titanite.
Proof?

Yes but only you think it's the hardest enemy in the game.
My proof is that I don't die to the fuckers anymore. Why don't you post proof by showing them having the highest death ration of any enemy in the game or anything similar to this. They're simple enemies with simple move sets. It's funny that you can't grasp this.

Hug titanite demon slightly on non-weapon hand side and their swings don't hit you. They have one slow telegraphed jump and stab downward that can hit in this position.

We already told him that, boy. He doesn't accept it and wants a video of you killing 10 of them in a row as proof.

I'de be tempted to do it if it weren't for my shitty rig and lack of capture equipment.

Maybe you can try recording at 30fps at a lower resolution and having the recording being sent to a different HDD than the one where the game is installed.
Either way I think Kid Autismo left.

Yes, and I stick with that.
Proof?
They have a very varied movesets actually, one of the longest of the game, and yes, they are considered "hard" enemies even by pro.

Nevermind. Have fun with proofboy. I'm taking a nap

Nah I can't even run the game. My old rig blew up on me a while ago.

On what basis? They're simple to defeat.
Post videos of you dying to them repeatedly how about that.
No they don't. You get behind their legs and only 1 move will actually damage you. They're slower than hell as well.
Proof? :^)

Again none of this has any effect on that game. You're not making a point here, you're just wrong and autistic.

Overall, this was a good thread. Very little discussion of the games, and plenty of spergouts from The Great Autismo, 5288ba.

I'd have to give this thread a 9/10. It would've been a 10/10, IF we had more autism from fans of the other games. See you all in the next thread.

So, your average Souls thread. :^)

dammit i JUST got back all ready to autism about DaS2

oh well maybe next thread

someone pick a subject for me to sperg out about like i dunno maybe something about the unused weapon movesets THAT FUCKNIG INCLUDE BLACK KNIGHT WEAPON SPECIAL ATTACKS AS SHOWN HERE

There's still the possibility of the damage multiplier being tied to the attack behavior rather than the weapon data, which is something I can check later.

so is it ever mentioned anywhere why Lautrec murdered Anastacia?

No but the dude's obsessed with acquiring humanity and her soul pops for 5 of 'em.

It's tied to the R1. That's it. Hit R1, you get a higher multiplier than any other weapon in the game, pretty much. I bet the strong attacks are rigged too.
The game's a clusterfuck.

You're full of shit, mate. I just tested it and at 33STR and 35DEX the BKH does the same damage as the Scythe against the hollow soldiers and balder knights.

Keep in mind the BKH does thrust damage while the scythe does slash damage.
If you want and I'm bored I'll post a video tomorrow comparing the BKH and the halberd, both with thrust damage, the halberd having a higher AR and still doing less damage than the BKH, against the hollows in Firelink