Games with Brutal Deaths

Which game has the most unsettling deaths?

Demonophobia should probably be your baseline when talking about this kind of thing.

Some of RE4's deaths are pretty brutal.

UHHH-OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhh…

Heart of Darkness.

never seen more (less?) thinly veiled ryona thread

Dead space had that unpleasant one where the necro-thing removes your head and places itself in it's spot.

the eyeball stuff was pretty good too

Beat me to it. I've been wanting to play i again but the game doesn't go beyond the lava mountains, the game just crashes.

/this. It's basically vore.

This. Not even fucking Lucio Fulci in his prime could compare. I remember that part when her nipples and clitoris got hooked. No one with a healthy mind can have this much dedication to draw and animate all that shit.

Hot. Wonder how many death animations involving vore there are.

And on the topic of this thread, if Naughty Bear wasn't a game about killing teddy bears, it would have some pretty brutal death animations.

I forgot this game existed. 2009 was a better time to be alive.

I recall the game being mediocre. I heard the sequel expanded on it, but it's still the same game.

Doesn't matter. The concept was new.

Just about to post this.

its manhunt

Proof?

nigga do you even play video games?

I didn't play it. I thought I wouldn't be able to deal.

/thread

To this day, I don't know how they got away with it

There's nothing wrong with killing children, it's just been silently discouraged by devs and soccer moms. Unless you meant the ghost telefragging someone, taking their figure and tossing someone onto a spike, which i'd consider tame by today's standards.

Whenever it's a death scene where the main character is mobbed and beaten or tortured or whatever I always feel it's the most brutal.
(14:32)

Fallout 4 is pretty gruesome. You can cut people's limbs off and stuff.

Prey had some neat stuff.

Still dull compared to Soldier of Fortune 2.

Cutting limbs off is pretty brutal, but in Fallout, it's relatively tame. Especially when you played ColdWinter on PS2 before, where one burst, or even one shot of an AK makes limbs go off like you were shooting at legos.

It's more comical in the new Fallout games because of the awful physics. The Black Isles ones were way more gruesome because the deaths were still animated by hand.

Bloody Mess especially is such a disappointment in the newer titles. Just like everything else, I suppose.

Crackle Cradle belongs in this along with Demonophobia.

Special mention to those flying bug things vomiting acid on your face, most "It" deaths, and the obvious one of Dr. Salvador slicing through your hands to your neck.

got a chuckle out of me for some reason.

Easy mode

I agree with this goy. Killing kids is fine. We do it every weekend!

Lol at this hipster shit. If nobody else played Fallout 4 you guys would like it.

I know, Fallout 4 has the best dismembering system.

8/8 b8 m8.

They were pretty lazy with this one.

BargainBin, I mean.. BattleBorn probably had the most gruesome death of any modern game that I've seen in a long time..

I thought MH2 had better executions but the pussies censored everything on the PS2

The sounds in all of the Manhunt 2 executions were the most brutal part. It is a shame that a lot of those executions were cut to be shorter either because of censorship or just because they didn't want the player to be locked in the animations for so long.

I don't know why, but this still sends chills down my spine.

For some reason, that game really didn't freak me out. It went too ridiculous so that it was almost laughable. Except for the one where she gets dragged into a grinder; that one spooked the shit out of me.

There's that relatively new game (not released I think) with the very nice looking pixel art that has the giant sacrilegious baby thing rip apart a man.

A lot of it caused chills.

What game is this sprite from? I think I've seen a webm of this game in the webm thread.

Demonophobia, like in

Mortal Kombat?

Never actually seen the last one.

At least 80% of them are vore, I'm lucky it didn't give me any degenerate fetishes as a kid.

Ermac looks different here.

You can't get foot fetish from HoD

These are no worse than the stuff in the new Friday the 13th game. In fact theyre tamer

Yeah, the jaw ripping and spear one are pretty disturbing. The jaw one especially

Eternal Champions

The sound effects of Fallout 1&2 were a big part of why these were so good too. So crunchy and squishy.

Wait, Tomb Raider 1 had ragdoll physics?

Planescape: Torment has a few brutal death scenes, all text though.

Yeah, the spear one is pretty nasty, the axe to the lower jaw is nasty, though none of these show one of the particularly evil kills.

I like the gore in Turok 2 because it's nice and isn't a glorified cutscene that takes control away from you unlike what looks like everything else in this thread.

there's killing kids, and then there's exploding little girls and impaling little boys on spikes while they beg and cry for help

This game was edgy as fuck, but they still had to cut some ideas. I heard about some sort of bug monster that had children's skin wrapped around it, or something along those lines

Havent heard about the bug part but I definitely remember talk about having to cut out children as enemies.

Its not supposed to freak you out. you are supposed to fap to it.

I thought that was just that they made them "ghosts" to appease censors
pretty silly

bit of the ol'skool UV ,nothing quite like it

I suppose it depends on the person. Something like that isn't too gruesome, especially when it's fast like that. Slow mutilation like cutting off Piggsy's hands in Manhunt or the barbed wire tentacles in the Silent Hill movie bother me way more than a kid quickly getting tossed to the end of a spike

Nope, it's just well animated

First game

isn't that scream at 0:42 the same as the child in layers of fear?

Gave me some chills

Cute

Found out Punisher was on PC.

Lara also flops around from a falling death.

a shitty cgi effect that was thrown in because the budget ran out for the army of pyramid heads was more gruesome than children being brutally killed while crying for help?

okay then…

not to mention that happened to a huge fucking cunt who deserved every moment of it

Couldn't have happened to a more fitting company.

For some reason I find the simpler ones more disturbing.

There's a kill where your character struggles a whole bunch and Jason just smacks them with the butt of the axe on the head and the fight just goes out of your character, like he just left a fucking dent in your head and brain damaged you, THEN he kills you by shaving the axe in your throat.

Basically any kill where your character struggles a bit before actually dying.

I played it on the PSP and if I recall correctly there was a config file in the ISO that you could just set to disable all the overlay censorship stuff. It might be the same for the other versions.
Also there was a PC release too but you can only find torrents of it nowadays. Great fucking game though. It really does make you feel uneasy, like a legitimate murderer.

The music ruins it.

EX TRIPLE EYE

That screen made me realise one day I will die when I was a kid.