Science Minigames

Alchemy, Hacking, Robotics an such
What are some games with good science minigames?

The last time I remember doing Alchemy in a game was Arx Fatalis. There was a satisfying sound effect when combining things.

the trouble with these things is that they're always bloody gimmicky minigames or just another kinda spell

where's a game where you have to actually prepare your shit way before hand?

I haven't played it, but the way Yahtzee described it, Witcher might be right up your ass.

- you

If you are looking for serious science games try the Zachtronics games like SpaceChem, Shenzen I/0, Infinifactory and TIS-100

If she's trying to seduce him then why is she covering her tits?
He's not even looking at her, so why is she covering her tits?
The situation is unbelievable and the acting is amateurish at best.
0/10 bad meme.

Bioshock Infinite, it's kind of like an introduction to quantum mechanics and stuff. The ending will blow your mind.

Not scientific at all but Nier:Automata hacking is nice. You have to at least appreciate it having second game mode inside of it.

Computercraft is hardly a minigame, but it is literally lua programming in Minecraft. I am pretty sure you could find more examples of such in modded minecraft.

Anyone interested in actual alchemy should read Eliade's "The Forge and the Crucible" and Evola's "The Hermetic Tradition."

Ragnarok Online. Alchemists need to gather rare and expensive ingredients to create their bombs and potions.

Maybe the Air Conditioning is turned up and her nipples are really cold? Didn't think of that did ya, smart guy?

Wait a minute..that card.

I played that minigame it's essentially just a twin stick shooter.

Agreed my fellow goyim. With science we can save le world from the evil of those who disagree with me! Dropping the mic for science!
Shitposting aside there was a certain flash game that was really fun, you played as a virus and mutated yourself slowly until you consumed the earth whole. It's called Pandemic Fuck You Zimbabwe

OMG THAT MEME IS SO EPIC BRO I LOVE MEMES AND THIS ONE IS GREAT HAHA HE COULD HAVE SEX BUT HE WANTS TO DO SCIENCE LAMO BRO THIS MEME IS OFF THE CHAIN BRO AHAHA LIKE BRUH SUPREME MEME

I remember that. I don't remember the name of the flash game, but there is a paid for version of it called Plague Inc Evolved, or something similar. It's got various virus/bacteria's to start from and a lot of mutations. pretty fun. There's even a planet of the apes scenario with a different style of taking over the world and so on, do recommend.

Well if you're up for flash games there was also Bot arena 2 and 3 which I remember were fun, although I don't remember if they were actually good or not.

He literally just told you the name of the flash game, it's Pandemic.

Note the original post I made, linking to a now deleted post. He hadn't said it, then deleted it and reposted.

Spacechem is the best game about fake chemistry ever made. Then only actual knowledge about chemistry that you can apply to it is how many valence electrons a given atom has, and even then you're given a periodic table that you can reference at any time.

SS13 as a chemist is the best

It's nice the first few times that you do it, but during the second playthrough it becomes pure aids.

This nigga knows whats up

Get out

Im giggling like a retard at this

Kerbal Space Program

Bill Nye isn't a scientist, he is a man with an engineering major. All he does now is give retards an excuse to not trust science by going "look this man represents science and is wrong, this means I should be able to ignore actual proven theories with studies to back them up"

Why would anyone give a fuck what that bunch of frauds say? They're too cowardly to acknowledge the truth of race and that homosexuality is a mental illness.

The irony is how many of these theories have never been proven, but I wouldn't expect you to have ever put that to scrutiny.

Here we go

You are getting science mixed up with gender studies. You don't trust a scientist, you look at the results of a study or the evidence supporting a claim.

Name some. A scientific theory by definition needs to be supported by experimental evidence and ability to explain many things.

Your distrust of the scientific method seems to come from an ignorance of it.

user.

I bet you are a christcuck who doesn't appreciate the GreckoRoman tradition of fucking little boys and overpowering a man and fucking him in the ass. You fucking degenerate.

We should have let them all be eaten by lions in the cyrcus, Titus.

He got a triple 7. What did you got?

I bet you are a jew trying to sneak in the greatest empire the gods have blessed.

Computercraft is a terrible mod. It de-gamifies the gamified programming in Minecraft. Might as well just write real mods in Java.

The gay community makes triple 7s look like failed gets.

Having sex with another free man was punishable by death or exile in Rome.

Is it OK to be gay for Jesus? There is something about his Jew nose and degenerate girl hair that really gets me going.

Now I'm scared.

You should be. Christians and jews are infiltrating our mighty cities and are starting fires.

Got your solution fam

It's nice but too slow and the luxury of time is not something we have in abundance. Just use a hammer.

I think putting them on a pyre is oddly poetic.

I want a game where you have to learn how interactions work to create something. Basically creating things in Gmod is the only game I know where you have to use real brain power to invent.

Thought this was the same user. No, just people using Rutger Hauer images.

The original Witcher game had it right. Every alchemical ingredient had a primary an a secondary attribute, and you mixed the ingredients with alcohol to make potions. If you needed more ingredients for a more complex potion you needed higher quality alcohol.
To learn new potions you could experiment or read the recipes in books. Books would also tell you which monsters were weak to what. You couldn't drink potions mid-fight, you had to drink a regen potion before battle if you wanted a healing buff.
Best part was the toxicity system, so you couldn't just down a whole bunch of OP potions and win. Every potion poisoned you a little bit, and wore off over time, so you had to pick and choose your buffs within a limit or you'd die from toxicity.

I've played the witcher and it doesn't fit right up my ass as while sure the ingredients may be close to what I want however, the method of making the potions in question more then makes up for it in disappointment

isn't that just a "grinding for the sake of grinding" game?