Will i get C&D?

i'm making a videogame where one of the playable characters is a parody of sega and his fan. the character is called snowflake the hedgehog. pic related is my shitty concept art. will i get sued?
Also another character is a pepsiman knockoff. both of them are made pretty different from any official material (The pepsiman is a sponsor from an unnamed type of fully caffeinated soda).
I'm hopefully not gonna be the main artist. just a little concept art. especially for Snowflake who i did in basically 2 minutes just to give the idea

C&D only really applies if you keep your mouth fucking shut about your project.

A lot of "great fangames" wouldn't have been cancelled if they learned from their predecessors and just completed them before anyone knew about the projects.

only applies if you don't*

>Make the game

Exactly.

They can't send a C&D if they don't know about it.

It's a fighting game and it's gonna be early access. so i can give something to play while we make the next character
Tell me how Jew/10 i am. all characters costs around 1.5 bucks. everytime you start a match you are gonna get all the character you bought + 2 unbought random characters + random between all characters (even the unlocked ones)

*the ability to random between all characters

Just call him Snowflake the Hydg'ehogg and you'll be fine.

Snowflake the Frosthog?
Snowflake the artic sea sea hedgehog?

i'd make it free but without moneys i can't afford my pals.
Tryed to tell them that we could make it with donations but they are skeptical

Snowflake the Otter. He can roll into a ball and go super fast! Help him stop the evil Dr. Shrink Badman!

You can only make it with donations if you make yourself potentially, idfk vulnerable to C&D.
Instead of selling them individually, you should sell them in bundles, and at a slightly lower rate of what you're selling them at. This will make the purchases look less annoying and more quality. A "committal" purchase figure makes a game look good.

You should ALSO keep in mind that actually adding transactions to your game makes you more vulnerable to legal action. You should head over to AGDG or something(?) and ask them about the legality of your situation.

When a player purchases content from you, potential or otherwise, you and the client are entering an agreement of purchase, which is easily measured and enforced in law.

We aren't planning on making a cpu right now so i thought that the faster they get out the easier it is for us to figure out how to make it for every character. it's gonna be a long long way before moneys starts coming in and i'm not even hoping to make profit.

law illiterate here. would making free the risky characters a good way to avoid the problem?

Also /agdg is kind of slow. would like to know as soon as possible if i have to make changes but i don't know where to turn around so i made a post here in the dim hope on finding a solution.
I'm really fond of Taddeo Caffeina (the pepsiman knockoff and i wouldn't realli like to change it)

Also i'd prefer for people to pay for what they're gonna play. making a bundle where you would play only one out of four characters that you would rather random casually makes me feel like i'm stealing. basically i'm making a tax for the main in a game that is gonna be only possible on couch play at first

Making them free would NOT be a good way to avoid the problem, because all content of the game, free or not, is wrapped up in the initial agreement. Any game that has an agreement of purchase in it is considered a work you profit from, and is thus subjected to possible copyright laws.

Pepsiman knock-off should be fine, so long as you don't actually name anything…?

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand the message here.

Sorry, my english is bad.
If you make people spend 5 bucks for four characters is not something i really like.
for two reasons:
1. it goes against the wallet of who would prefer to main only one out of four and random the other three
2. forces me to work on 4 characters at the same time while i'd prefer to go one by one
3. making bundles is something i can do with time after a character is out but this could slow sells as seen that people would probably just wait indefinitely for a cheaper all in one

Thanks for the info. this can make them fall down in development while i make an easier character than Snowflake first (at least the first two characters are gonna be free. possibly to 3-4)

Ah, I see. Well, I won't tell you how to run your show as far as that goes.

Although, be warned: Cheapening your deals after release isn't a fantastic idea. Just start at the price you'll want to go at forever.

lol

Third one is kind of a special case but you got me anyway.
Will keep it in mind. i'm just weighting down a way to survive making vidya with a team of 2.5 programmers, 2 graphic artists and 2 musicians.

Remember: AGDG may be slow, but so is development.

Urchin is an older word for hedgehog.
Snowflake the Urchin?

Vid related.

Here, have the other two characters i made. those one have no C&D risks associated. i'm not in possess to our graphics art as seen that we are starting to do it now. just to give you an idea.
First one is Gianca' is an Italian Mahjong player Mafioso. uses Mahjong tiles to hit opponents and they give him different properties.
Second one is Candle (Candelo?) the Alien. it is supposed to be colored but i was going for an OGB style.
Also forgot to mention that the game is a platform fighter

You do know that creating animations for these guys is going to be horrible, right? Their sprites are too small for you to animate in detail.
Which is bad for fighting games.

Your already C&D, kiddo

Now this is the kind of shitposting I like to see.

Im getting Homostuck vibes and i dont like it

Pie-stealer is right.
Work in secret- then blow the creator out of the water with it (if it's any good).

I'd put fucking money on AMR2 being better than Samus Returns on 3DS.

Better yet- just make a parody or reskin if you love the gameplay so much.

Make Fire Emblem in sci-fi. Do top-down Zelda in candy-land. Do your favorite game in a new world.

I was tempted at one point to do a Hunie Pop RPG. And you know what? I can talk shit about how you start the game making it look like a cheap RPG banking on sex-appeal, but then the characters get deeper blah blah blah- No one cares.

It's a hand-fisted attempt at cheating. Leeching off another IP.

Make something new. If it's not successful- you didn't try hard enough, didn't make it look good enough, didn't advertise it enough, or you just can't make a good game.
Scared you can't do all that + 5 years or development?
Don't make games. Or at least, not unless you have stable income to catch you if you fuck up.

Parody is barely one notch above "I'm doing it ironically LOLOLOLOLOL". People see the joke- and it dies the split second after that. Everytime the character moves, talks, exists from that point on serves only to tell the same joke again. And that's boring.

If you game is all parodies & memes, then it'll fit in and my comments aren't as important to you but I beg you to reconsider. A game world full of barely funny jokes only works if you get attention from a jew-tuber. Otherwise, make your own soda-mascot and vidya mascot past it's prime.

The pepsiman KnockOff is a nod to when the original smash was called the PepsiMan. it's hard for me to say not to him.
Snowflake on the other hand is just a big joke on all the OC Donut Steel and i can live without him.

If rivals did it we should try it too. also those are just concept and were my first time ever i tried to draw anything since first grade.

approved

I'm italian. i'm used to hug and kiss other men. also can't stress enouch that i'm not the one who will do graphics

I'm taking this advise at heart
I agree. i think i understand better now, thanks
I will try

Also, can't argue with woolie. i'm pumped up. next you are gonna see of me i will have something in my hands for you to try. or i'd be dead. i promise. MaybeDev out

Really, can't argue with base Woolie. he is right

T H U M B N A I L
H
U
M
B
N
A
I
L

Fakemon/10

It's furry but it's good. get a friend and pirate it

The characters you've posted look pretty different to the material that SEGA puts out. References are fine, that's what the entire Neptunia series is about.

I wish more people played Rivals. new character reveal in august

Pop by an AVGD thread. They should help ya. Maybe even find someone to do the sprites if you're lucky.

Why should i get involved with the Anime VideoGame Department?