Companies that have given up

There are companies that have stopped making games and making the same game over and over again,
there are ones milking the same franchise to death(beating a dead horse)
or updating an online games forever, keeping it barely alive (looking at you vulva)
etc such cases
what the fuck happened to this industry

Other urls found in this thread:

statista.com/statistics/504477/global-all-time-unit-sales-fallout-games/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What the fuck happened to your grammar?

how about you stay on topic homo

Except what if I want them to make the same fucking game just adding a bit of GRAPHICS and CONTENT with each new iteration?
Wanna play something different - play something different, I'd rather have company proficient at one thing rather than half-assed at all of them.

you fucking porky

This industry is doing well I say, everything is selling more than previously.

That has never been the case

The actual industry practice is making the same thing over and over, only a bit worse with every iteration

Porky is a Jew

Games are selling worse every year except for nintendo who's doing bettr than last year but worse than anything before 2011

Yeah I guess games buy themselves.

Franchises that I care about only improve with each iteration, maybe you play shit games to begin with.

What does have to do with anything I said?
Are you having brain problems?

What were you trying to say then? Do YOU have brain problems?

statista.com/statistics/504477/global-all-time-unit-sales-fallout-games/

Just because you are a literal retard who can't speak English doesn't mean everyone else is stupid.
Poo in the loo pajeet.

go from 2011 and it's been a downward trend
FO4 sold less than Skyrim
Each CoD sells less and less
PS4 will barely beat the PS3 sales figures
The best selling game in a year will at best crack 20m not 50M of GTA or MINESHAFT

Where are the numbers for 1 and 2?
That anthology garbage was butchered to hell and back, no fucking shit nobody bought it.

Are you having meltdown over your own stupidity now? How amusing.

Then you're the fucking problem and the reason why cancer like From Software can stay in business instead of being punished for their laziness and lack of creativity, and why each new iteration of Call of Duty, whatever garbage Bethesda shits out next, etc, just keeps getting duller and duller.

It's all been done before, niggers. We've been in the stage where "innovation" means ripping shit from another genre and putting it somewhere else for years now. The wheel is not going to be reinvented. The best you can do now is make your wheel look a bit different from somebody else's.

top kek
I guess its the best your street shitting brain can produce.

You've been "no u"ing me for a while satan, fuck off.

The issue is that we're actively regressing from where we were in the mid 90s and early 00s. No stealth game has done what Thief 1 and 2 did, there is no game that even comes close to Deus Ex in terms of depth and genius, no one has managed to make a worthy sequel to X-COM and Jagged Alliance 2 still stands as the undisputed king of gorilla warfare.

Companies found out how dumb Gamers really are and that Gamers don't really care about well made campaigns with stories, mod support or innovative gameplay.

Gamers instead want keys for virtual crates that they can livestream, also livestream their pwning, also livestream their betting of virtual items and finally one map MOBAs.

You mean disgusting normalfag cattle and faux nerd hipsters, right? Because they are the stupid cucks that have ruined our hobby with their vile consumer practices.

You all ruined it yourself. You're like high-maintenance chicks who barely put out, no matter what you do for them. Pleasing you is too much work for the lackluster reward, so of course these companies go for the easier to please crowd. There is literally no disadvantage for them in doing so.

Maybe you just have shit taste

This is the end point of every entertainment medium that wants to make money. Movies, and music are both in the exact same position, pandering to the lowest common denominator who has no discerning taste, and just wants a mindless distraction from how shitty their meaningless life is. You can still find a few one-off gems made by groups that actually care, but the vast majority of content is just for the feed trough.

The only thing that's immune to this are books, because retards will only read 2-3 book a year tops, so there's not as much to be made in pandering to them.

You're retarded since the only dynamic needed in a successful fans - developers relation is paying money. Which fans did. But it didn't matter because PUBLISHERS chose to go for the unwashed masses.

Behold the corporate apologist, a creature so pathetic he does the work of corporate lawyers and shills for free.

Except the long-term degradation of their games. Its millennials and hipsters that tuines gaming with their pay to win and reskinned shooters.

A lot of them here lately.

Oh no, however will I live with this terrible realization. Truly, my world is crashing down around me.

Theyve been becoming more and more common the bigger Holla Forums gets. Might be coincidental, causation =/= correlation etc.

Well shit, that must be why ive been sick of gaming and video entertainment in general and have gotten back into reading for hours on end. I just find PDF's and download them to my phone so ive got my book library with me wherever i go. (Ive got ~400 books in my little home library, but its easy as hell to find rare books online in PDF format.)

I wouldn't have a problem with publishers cranking out the same game year in, year out, if said games didn't suck donkey balls. The issue isn't repetition, but the quality of the copies and their execution.

Leftists are the biggest defenders of the powers that be, which in this case happen to be corporations, because it is only through the use of overwhelming force the framework of their ideology can be upheld in any given community.

Metroid is a great example of this.
Super Metroid is the best the series has ever been - and likely the highest possible pinnacle for the series and even the entire "metroidvania" genre. You can't get better than this, so it's pointless to waste time and resources trying.

What they should do is remake Super Metroid about 200x, slightly different each time. Different weapons, different maps and planets and enemies, different abilities and power-ups, but all of the fundamental mechanics and game pacing exactly the same.
I'd play every single fucking one.

Why do companies even waste time with DLC if they're making absolutely no money from it?

Super Metroid is shit, though

RIP Westwood Studios

No they are not, I wish they were. Think about all of the romance novel trash, the John Grisham rip offs, the ASOIAF clones, etc.

Get the fuck out.

Oh oh oh.. All this grasping at straws. Your tiny heads all firmly lodged up your collective asses. The weak excuses couldn't be more transparent. You're nothing but a bunch of spoiled thankless shitheads, and people have gotten tired of your shit and stopped caring about you. Which is only logical. Now you're blaming everyone else, but the problem is you and only you. It's true. It would be obvious to you too if your eyes weren't blocked by intestines.

Now, please continue with the excuses and insults. I'm sure you have a lot more entitlement induced rage left in you.

Damn, missed opportunity. The caption should have been "it's shit" "everything is shit".

…which is obviously the mantra of this place. Find one thread where it isn't said. you can't.

Slow motion crash.

Except for the fact that gaming and other "nerd culture" things are a fad for normalfags and one of these days they'll jump ship en mass and leave the whole industry in a lurch.

It's the best there's ever been, user, so you should really re-educate yourself so your opinions can align with more acceptable ways of thinking.

God fucking damn it. You guys were doing SO GOOD for yourselves too! I do not wish anyone this pain. I swear, if it wasn't for these beautiful, wonderful companies fizzing out to nothing, I'd still be blind to the awful shit that happens in them and would most likely be defending shitty vidya practices with a passion. No pain, no gain I guess.

There's still Retro Studios, Hal Laboratory, Spike Chunsoft, a tiny part of Nintendo's first party division, Wayfoward (to an extent), and miscellaneous companies for the life of me I can't remember. Most of the games I played as a kid are from companies that are; dead/defunct/bankrupt/altered/hollow shells of their former selves today.

I would have listed gamefreak, but they seem to still make some side projects that aren't newer copy/paste Pokémon games. Tembo the badass elephant and Harmoknight were both fun.

It's not the same anymore, but I'm immensely grateful I got to live this magic, and sometimes, just sometimes I feel the same magic again.
Got any recommendations from what I have listed here, Holla Forums?

I'm glad Tecmo is still alive and doing relatively well and Sunsoft continues to exist which is better than nothing.

More now.
If I recall, a temporary team helped create the chao garden. It was, and still is my biggest time sink. Chao world is also a thing, so I need to try that.
For those who have used it, how is it?

Yeah, I'll rather have a little something nice than fucking starve.

The more money invested in something, the safer an investment needs to be. Because there is so much money invested in games now, there's no option to take risks and experiment. As such, we're left with boring, safe concepts that we've seen a million times. Of course, normalfags will eat the slop up. Indies have their own problem of SJW-invested cliques, but that's the only place you'll see games with new or interesting mechanics.

Ok reddit, let me tell you about what people actually like about point and clicks…

Every company?

Even all the gaming-faggots are only interested in stupid sequels and shit.

Ow.

JUST

They're a company that makes Japanese mobileshit now, similar what happened to Irem after the 2011 earthquake. The recent non-mobile related thing they did was pass the okay on that new Blaster Master game.

I just want another fucking platformer as good as Gimmick! is that so fucking hard to ask?

Gimmick was revolutionary.

nah, but it was a nice game

It's very impressive, but I wouldn't call it revolutionary considering that barely anyone took note of it in 1992, even the Japs since the Super Famicom was already on the market for 2 years. Ahead of its time, though? Yes.

FUCK YOU.

To be fair i don't see the whole appeal of this game, i'd say its a good example of how graphics never made a game good

FUCK YOU TOO

I don't even know what's bait and what isn't anymore.

honestly assassin's creed would have been better without the modern day plot so they can have each game be self-contained

tightly designed, fun mechanics with some depth to them, nice music. it's pretty alright overall.

Talk about opening up old wounds.

Welcome to nu/v/ where Holla Forums has brought over so many newfaggots assimilating them all is impossible, this is the 2007 of 4chan all over again.

I wonder who could be behind these posts?

Probably Holla Forums a board comprised of one trannie and his 3 beta orbiters, who have found a way to directly upload their minds to the net in order to be behind every post you dislike.

But you're completely right dude, I'm of course a commie, who wants to make everyone else a commie, instead of trying to self-regulate the board before it becomes 4chan 2.0, or reddit 3.0.

If you cared more about the board then your shitty agenda pushing or defense of it then you would be more worried about the obvious newfaggotry I'm responding too.

But I'm guessing your a newfag as well, probably coming here from the Donald Trump reddit page.
Fuck you newfags now steal (((Reddit memes))) and pass them off as their own, which is the whole reason reddit was loathed in 2011.

lurk more

So you're going to combat shitty mods / site owner by self moderating, because thats what caused 4chan to go down the shitter.
What the fuck

What a bunch of niggUSER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST.

Wew, how does anyone claim this?
What idiot told this to you?

4chan always self-regulated that's where the term lurk moar comes from, why their is two different terms for newfag and oldfag.

4chan went to shit.
1) when a mod got fired because of personal drama between him and moot
2) Project Chanalogy

Which brought over loads of faggots coming to hop on the bandwagon.
Just like recent events with the 2016 election.

Agreed

sauce?

You should stop re-skining Holla Forums memes and just use happy merchant.

It still hurts

You didn't catch anybody this time because your bait was going in too hard.
You gotta be softer with it or else people will realise what you're doing. Alternatively you can stop baiting as it's mindless shitposting for some cheap (You)'s

Alright, I'll do it.

Weeb alert. How you liking the latest musou?

I saved that pic for that exact purpose.
I have no sauce.

i think that's the jessica cosplayer they hired to promo sin episodes

It hurts.

They could've tried a little harder.

Giving up? They are living the dream, making loads of dosh while working the least possible and being praised by it.

Recommend me shit