METROID

Two new Metroid games announced at E3. I was worried Metroid Samus Returns might be shit cause of the Castlevania devs, but somebody told me that some of the people that worked on the level design for Fusion and Zero Mission are helping out which restored my faith. Unfortunately, I don't have a source, so feel free to call bullshit.

Anyway, Metroid General/Metroid E3 thread

Other urls found in this thread:

amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-029634&page=top/search/list?s_keywords=Samus$pagemax=40$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

metroid is fucking gay, why not just play a real fucking game, this is so fucking gay, all you do is press the button and shoot the same stupid shit and then blast missiles when it's not invincible and collect stupid floating ammo, stupid fucking game, what a fucking crap game, the only thing good is the movement but this game doesn't make me work for it because NONLIENARDESIGN XDDDD fucking meme game, i swear.
out of all the fucking stupid shit they revive, they revive this stupid fucking game from 1986 or 87 if american and then 88 if euroshitter. instead of keep shitting out donkey kong country, what a fucking MEMEGAME
but what kind of fucking moron thinks this piece of crap game is good, if your first game isn't good and then your second game isn't good that fucking warrants a fucking REMAKE, it's clearly not only an aged piece of shit game IT"S A SHIT FUCKING GAME.

That classic M2 Box-art pose amiibo and that squishy-Metroid-breaking-out-of-its-containment amiibo are pretty fucking sweet. They will be nice to have even if they do jack shit.
Mostly I just hope they nail the feeling of actually hunting bounties in this one. The original used them more as level gates and I want a real game with actual bounty hunting.

Yeah I really want the amiibos too. I'm against the the physical DLC thing, but sometimes I still buy amiibos just because they look nice. I've really wanted a figurine of Samus for a long time, but all the figures that don't use the shitty Other M design are expensive as fuck. So an amiibo that uses the standard Varia Suit design is really nice.

So did they nuke amr2 because they had their own remake, or they were forced to shit one as soon as possible due to the backlash

Probably because of their remake, but I feel like they still would have nuked it even if they weren't working on anything.

Sounds like you got some personal problems, wanna talk it out?

Column A, Column B
They probably already had something in the works but AM2R forced their hand.
A bit like when the HL2 sourcecode got leaked

It probably won't. The emphasis on melee counters, the pre-animated takedowns, and the fucking beeper that goes off when a metroid is near are signs that it is definitely going to be casualized to fuck.

I actually kinda like the melee counters. I don't care for the pre-animated shit, but I always liked the idea of Samus doing some cuhrazee shit liked charging her cannon and punching something in the face with it

I've never played the Prime games.
Do they emulate well?

Ayy man, I'm just sayin if you're broke as I am they make a nice alternative to a $700 statue

I'll hold my excitement.

Yeah, they run great in Dolphin. Mouse controls can be a pain to set up.

Nothing to be excited tbh

I suspect that they smelled blood in the water with how much interest the fan remake had garnered, and opted to make their own and try to get it announced before the fan one was done (similar to how Square finally saw fit to bother with bringing Type-0 west after the fan translation essentially hyped the game for them, albeit they brought an "HD" version over). Only, the guy making AM2R actually finished before they could announce anything, so they would up shutting him down after he'd already released it (also like how Square was too slow to stop the Type-0 patch; a good thing, given how Type-0 HD's English script is). Now that it's on the internet, they can't stop it from proliferating, even if they order places to take downloads down.

Just my own thoughts. I forget exactly how long that AM2R was in the works for, to compare with how long Nintendo might have had their own thing in the works.

Can we deactivate upgrades like in Super? That would fix the "handholding" issue for me. Maybe reward classic play with different endings too.
I'm more worried about level design and the game be linear as Fusion.

9 years but only the hardcore/romhack scene knew about it until that first demo was released 2~3 years ago.

I only know about the old pitch Mercury did to Nintendo and hiring a whole new team for the project.

A decade,that's why I think they made after the fact, most likely they started developing it when they saw someone was making a fully modernized m2 remake and they shut down the remake as soon as it was completed

Nintendo will steal from AM2R

From what I've seen they aren't even trying to do that. Which is sad because AM2R is still the best Metroid to come out in years. Samus Returns just looks like a watered down shell thanks to the mediocre team at Mercury Steam.

AM2R was the best Metroid game I played in a decade.
checks release date of Metroid Prime 3
oh

Atleast it would improve it.
It beats me how the AM2R dev was capable of making the game feel right in so many ways (though it is not perfect, as it loses some of it's charm by the later areas, for me anyway).

Ah, would make since that they might want something decently tangible to show, before making it more widely known.

AM2R fucking NAILED the Metroid vibe of going ever deeper into an alien world and uncovering lost secrets and horrors.
but yeah some of the later parts were a bit clunky, the omega metroids were a pain but there were only 4 of them.

They will steal and still fuck it
It's Nintendo

Do we have any details on the people working on it? Nintendo's not the kind of company to put a completely new dev team to work on an old title, but at this point I would expect anything

If anything that's a pro. If they do it right, which I doubt

am2r steals a lot from prime games, tot he point I felt like I was playing prime on 2d. Nothing wrong with that, the game's brilliant but everything's old ideas. Depending on who's working on it, I am optimistic about nintendo's remake to make something new but on metroid's line. Plus, after all the years of criticism and negative backlash, they wouldnt repeat other m's mistakes right?

This was basically my reaction, and all I got from my friend was

That last is a direct quote from the conversation. He's a good friend but I really don't understand how he's so blind to things sometimes. He at least agree AM2R was the superior remake.

The 3DS one is already shit
Not made by Retro, no gameplay wahtsoever and made by a new developer.
I'll holr on my judgement, but its looking grim, at least it will be better than Other M at least I hope so

Holy shit, I laughed. Thank you, misguided rageposter.

The melee thing can be cool if they shake up the encounters by having both enemies that charge at you and enemies that shoot at you, etc. It could make the game more fast-paced in terms of combat.

Or it could be casual as fuck. We'll have to wait for more footage. That dumb bimbo playing the game during Treehouse was awful.

I wanna appreciate that statue.
Get me bigger pictures.

The level design has been overseen by Takehiko Hosokawa who worked on most or maybe all the 2d Metroid games, apparently he's really anal about the level design in the games.

There's actually a few steps that Nintendo have taken with this game, other than getting the original composer back in to compose new music.

So it seems they did everything right except the artstyle itself then!

I like the artstyle, the colour palettes are correct, the environments look really nice, the enemies contrast nicely, i'm not seeing it.

I think user is just one of those babies that thinks that a 2D Metroid looks like shit if it's not sprites.

Nice
Nice nice
[6 minute cutscene of me internally monologuing about the decline Sakomoto has wrought onto the Metroid series through the more direct methods of storytelling employed in Metroid Fusion and Other M]

It looks like shit. Hunters looked better for goodness sake.

3d is def better, I think the only issues with it's visuals are due to the limitations of the 3ds. It also depends if the game leverages the backgrounds well, I haven't seen them be used for anything but looking nice so far.

I can't remember correctly but Sakamoto said something about keeping cutscenes minimal, they aren't but they at least appear to be nowhere near the shitfest of Other M, I still think they could have done better, apart from an intro and outro the game shouldn't need to take control away from the player, but there's that scene with the metroid eating the alien, that could easily be shown in the background or even just in the foreground, same for the part where Samus touches the shedded chrysalis, it could easily begin to dicintegrate as Samus passes it. also the QTE shit can fuck off, this is clearly the work of Sakamoto.

What's wierd is that part where the rolling boss is introduced isn't a cutscene, it's all gameplay, you shoot the ball the thing begins to shake and then it falls apart, so they clearly get it but for some reason feel the need to ignore what they already clearly understand.

These are like my only gripes with what I've seen and with Hosokawa overseeing the level design and the I think it was Kenji Yamamoto returning to do the music, which we can already hear an original piece in the trailer that both sounds good and fits, it looks like it can still be good in spite of these small things.

What is this picture from?

Debatable, and it's singleplayer content was garbage and it's multiplayer that everyone jerks off was unbalanced to all fuck. Not to mention Hunters was a Prime game and Prime games are supposed to have a grittier art style. You're also a retard who compares apples to oranges

It just looks a bit saturated. As if you brought a rejected samus toy to life. I don't care about sprites, I just want it to have it's own anchored style, look at kid Icarus for example, the stylized choices for the 3DS game made it one of THE best for that time, and it still holds up today. I still remember the first trailer, it was just that good. This one isn't as memorable. Some of the environment do look nice, but I hope it gets polished. It's not a deal breaker, because the gameplay doesn't look awful this time around, and that's what matters, but if I can have my cake and eat it too, that'd be juuuuust fine.

I really can't blame them, they've been missing it action for about 15 years now? They're bound to be a bit rusty.
Also
Christ, am I on Neofag/Shitaku now?

It looks like ass, user. The only thing that looks decent in 3d is the Zeta.

Now you made me imagine samus fighting Mexican cartel members. What a sight.

That's my point though, she was trash and she still just plowed through what we say because she was able to melee counter just about every meaningful enemy attack besides the the bomb boss.

I really don't think there's any saving this game but we'll have to see.

What we saw*

I mean that really pretty much is the space pirates. Samus is really a galactic ICE agent.

Demos are casualized for journos all the time. Devs know that journos are fucking awful at video games. This happened with most of the Souls games when they were presented at E3 as well. Dark Souls 2 and 3 had way more item drops in the demo, IIRC, and you started with good equipment to play through a section which was near the beginning of the game.

That doesn't change the fact that the melee counter looks broken as fuck.

Did you forget what I said in my other post or something? It will work if they simply increase the enemy density. You can't shoot and melee in all directions at once.

No different from the boss standing still, tired after an attack pattern.

Why do they need to make you pay more attention to combat? The point is exploration and going fast, not fighting shit. You're completely missing what makes Metroid good. The combat worked as-is, changing enemy placements and density to compensate for a new mechanic that removes skill is poor design.

Have you played Metroid 2, user? The game is an explorathon where you enter rooms, fight a small boss, and then continue. Combat consists generally of being in a small room while the metroid beats on you and you hammer it with missiles until one of you dies. The ability of more combat options is a boon.

I just hope they keep the few metroids that are in rooms you REALLY don't expect them to be in for weird ass fights.

Then that just becomes an entirely different game, and I don't think they'd do that. Even if they did, they might as well remove the move entirely then as it would become purposeless.

The only thing that would save it is if they made the timing very strict, so you're unable to use it unless you're good. That's the only way to balance something that seems as blatently overpowered as what it looks like. It's the same problem we had in Other M, where the combat was ruined by overpowered dodge counters.

I guess I see your point, but they can still make it work with exploration if they do it like the new Doom game where you explore around and fight intense combat encounters between. That's a stretch though.

Yes, I've beaten Metroid 2. That was really all it needed since everything that wasn't a Metroid could be avoided (read: wasn't densely packed) and if you weren't a retard you could use the environment to get the edge on the Metroids. Now, even if you *are* a retard, you get a skill-free counter. See , you're playing a different game that has a Metroid skin.

I believe in Super Metoid this never happened. You always had control, even in scripted scenes. You could always jump and shoot and move around, even when Ridley stole the metroid or when the friendly aliens runned around or when Crocomire or whatever.

In Fusion and Zero Mission, there were this short animations that added something but weren't big deals. The SA-X close-up, Ridley flying its ship towards Zebes, etc. They made little harm. It wasn't that different from going through a door and waiting for the next room to be displayed on screen.

I want to believe.
I still don't like the QTE stuff from Other M.
It breaks immersion, it doesn't make sense, (should) makes you vulnerable and it isn't ellegant from a gameplay point of view.
I hope they don't include either that stupid quick movement that allowed you to avoid attacks by freezing time. Those were all Ninja Gaiden stuff that were never needed in Metroid.
Samus was never supposed to act like a Ninja but as a smooth tank with tons of Hit Points and a loud cannon.

spoiler that shit

You're talking like Metroid 2 was anything but mediocre

I believe he meant 3D as the graphics from the current 2D "NEW" Marios. Those ones looked good.
Problem is when the 3D makes it difficult to understand the terrain because there's so much graphics you barely know what's worth seeing and what's not. Cave Story 3D, for example, was a failure because of this.

Shantae still looks great and I don't want it in 3D.

SO, the problem is that Fusion & Zero looked good back in the Gameboy Advance but two generations later those sprites probably won't look good. I say it's a good idea to try the New Mario style.
Problem is that the camera moves too much and some problems from Cave Story 3D appears.

She still has a feminine jawline. Just a rough face.

I never could figure whenever she have no right hand or she holds it in the 'torso' part of armor at all times or rather which one is more silly.

Better?

women don't have protruding brow ridge and eyebrows like that and that jawline is not feminine enough.

it helps

I'll grant you Fusion looking like crap now, but mostly because the space station tileset was atrocious. Sector 2 had the most Metroid-esque environment. Sector 1 had some good parts but overall the environments in Fusion were subpar. Tell me you didn't think the intro area in Fusion looked like it could've been taken from any crappy GBA sidescroller.
Zero Mission still looks good today, because the sprites are clean and detailed and the tilesets are consistent. I'd be willing to give 3d a fair shake if they stuck to textures and models that can at least pass for sprites, but the models they currently have look like blobby pieces of shit just like most other 3ds games with model-based graphics.

Did you never play Metroid Prime? The hand is in the gun. You can turn on the x-ray visor and see it.

most gameboy advanced sprites look like crap because they where often butchered due to the aspect ratio, screen crunch, and relying on black lighting for colors. Fusion's biggest issue is the art direction not the fact that it was sprite work. The 3D shit doesn't necessarily hold up aside from the fact that emulators can upscale 3D to higher resolutions. That said, I prefer Sprite world over 3D. Ubisoft might be shit now but its still true to say, Rayman Legends >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> New Super Mario Bros

I happen to think that fusion has some nice looking stuff here and there, and that zero mission gets a bit too repetitive. Otherwise I agree.

Fitting inside the power armor hasn't made sense since Metroid Prime, when the armor not only became much bigger than a normal human but also aquired non-human proportions.

What they did in StarCraft 2 (in the very intro) is that they showed you that the arms were in a rare angle: you were constantly extending your arms to the sides and instead of moving your shoulders you only moved your elbows.

Even Retro Studios admitted that this was weird, and to transform Samus they just used offusced everything in a light of shine, same they did for the morph ball.

In Other M, everytime you died ("Samus? SAMUS?!"), you fell to the ground, your armor vanished and Samus lied in the floor with her Zero armor in a weird position: even her sexy proportions wouldn't fit inside that armor.

She also makes hand signs in the arm cannon to control its functionality, as you can tell by the beam icons in Prime. One of the coolest details in my opinion

Like this style is so much more colorful and cartoonish.

Help, I want to buy McMeal toys.

I would be interested in playing a 2d Metroid, too bad I have dignity and refuse to buy a Nofriendo product.

I agree on Fusion, I just think that the majority of it looks like crap. As for repetition in Zero, I've replayed it so much I honestly don't know what you mean. The only thing that absolutely infuriates me about Zero is how late the power bombs are.

nah the game does have too much bloom for a game on a screen that's smaller than my phone's.

why do you keep posting disgusting Tranny Samus pics?

Sorry about that, I wrote everything in a small "Quick Reply" thing and the long lines looked like paragraphs.

I loved every single of those little details. I remember just throwing myself into the water only to come out and watching how the drops washed away from the helmet.
Seeing Samus's eyes reflected on the helmet screen when being electrocuted was a big shock.

I like the Metroid II pose but I think I'm getting the classic armored Samus amiibo. There's still stock in my town.

Fuck off Carlos.

Repetition in looks. The tilesets for ricks get re-used a lot, especially, and there's a lot of rocks. When it does switch it up though there's some nice stuff, but i thought fusion had a lot more variety in tileset. What was ugly in fusion was really ugly, but the good stuff was really good. Zero Mission is middle of the road in interesting tilesets in comparison.

I guess you have a point. I get more annoyed by stuff that actively looks horrible than by ok stuff that I've seen before.
Fusion is still objectively worse because of the crippled sequence breaking.

I believe the part that looked best in Fusion was the underwater section. Zero looked better… but it was the same style. It still looks good… in a GBA. I don't believe they should use Shantae's style for the 3DS.

Nintendo hardware should't be that powerful, no idea how the 3DS emulators are doing though.
I guess you've already played Zero, AM2R, Super & Fusion.

We weren't talking about gameplay but ok. Not that I disagree.

Fuck I loved the underwater area's look in Fusion. Definitely one of the best parts of the game too. I'd never gone for the shinespark conversation with the computer before, so I just did that recently. Actually a lot harder than I thought it would be to get it down, harder then the shinespark stuff in Zero Mission anyway.

Are we having a height autism thread now?
Freak bird technology from the future is weird. Thats all anyone really needs to know. Considering its the same technology that lets her turn into a ball, I'm gonna say Chozo energy and technology breaks physics. I'm pretty sure that was a plot point for one of the games too.

Even so, you could just reason that the "metal" plating or what ever the hell it is, is just really thin. Since mobility is a factor. Probably why they added mini jetpacks on the back.

It's fun watching you nintendrones set yourselves up for disappointment

Man jaw is a real problem that many Nordic women find themselves blighted with(and considering her obviously Aryan heritage, is completely plausible). It's not a tranny thing you sperg

why does snake look like roman from GTAIV

Isn't that the faggot who complained about signing papers for a free Switch?

Ok, hold up, someone pulled these numbers out of their ass. Pic related (spoilered for a reason) is 5'7 and 160lbs. That's 10% shorter and 20% lighter than Samus, meaning if you add 10% more height and 20% more weight onto this beast, that's what Samus' proportions would be like.

maybe those are pounds on a planet with lighter gravity :~)

Technically this would be strike 3. Other M was the only real stinker, and no one thought federation force was going to be a good spin off title. Not even the devs thought it was gonna be good.

Samus in that picture doesn't look ripped, just "fit". Not to mention those body building competitions, they only plan on having that physic for show, and for less then a week. Having near 0% body fat is a horrible idea. or so i heard.

Less gravity = less weight, you cockmongling retard.

I meant physique.

But that's my point. In order to have 200lbs and look as slim as she does she'd have to be 8 feet tall, because with that height without being overweight a woman would have be ripped like a motherfucker.

maybe she's upside down so gravity is reversed for her :っ)

hehe

funny you say that since retro made the power to fit around a real woman.

Titty fat? ass fat? bird dna?

actually I just crunched the numbers and if all else remains equal then if you "upscale" a person by 10% their weight would indeed increase by 21%.
So that means she would have to have her exact proportions (actually 1% lighter) to be 6'3'' and 200lbs.

Some guys still don't realize that man jaws in women translate to manly jaws in their sons. Some men are more turned on by the prospect of making sons and what those sons will be like from a particular woman than the woman's herself. Then when you realize that sex symbols in the early 20th century drastically demonstrate a shift in that, men going after women that will net them big sons who become big guys to men going after the most feminine looking women. And here we are today with feminine looking men all over the place.

hopefully, they let you turn off the Metroid radar or have an expert setting. But this is Nintendo we're talking about

So since Nintendo is actually remaking metroid 2. Does that justify them shit canning that one fan game? Aside from legal right and duty to do so. They better be able to output something better then a one man job.

Thats what I was seeing from these charts that I googled quickly. Not that I know much about the info behind them besides "you are this tall? you should shoot for this weight fatty".

Nintendo is just like any other ancient game developer moving at a snail's pace to deliver what fans want or never deliver at all. The amount of fan projects, even the ones that never materialize, speak volumes for what fans are craving and the desire to see it get made. If the actual developers ever deliver is a whole other story and most times they do the bare minimum and the plebs eat it up like a starved prisoner eating scraps.

I know! They had good intentions. They clearly used models and the art proves they knew what they were doing.

Now look at ANY cosplayer of Samus and tell me that looks remotely at the proportions of the Power Armor AS FEATURED IN METROID PRIME.
I know for any woman to achieve Zero Samus physique is almost impossible, but getting any human being to fit inside the power armor just can't be done. Super Metroid Samus armor was more 1987 RoboCop while Prime Armor was like the PG-13 RoboCop. I insist that I like them both (Samus armors, not the new RoboCop armor.

Samus height was just an excuse for having a big armor.

I'm legitimately concerned by the combat in the game. It looks like some QTE god of war bullshit, which would destroy the point of a metroid game.

We talked about that at the beginning of the thread.

This is literally "Original Content, do not steal".
Sega is widely known for NOT doing this, but then they are not first party devs anymore so comparisons are not fair.
It certainly makes no sense to fans who are playing (or at least trying) both. I can't imagine someone saying "oh, a metroid 2 remake for the 3DS? I already played a remake, no thanks!". I guess it makes sense for business. Keep in mind that Nintendo created zones precisely to avoid cannibalizing the market. I believe Minish Cap was released in Europe before than America because of this.
I'm afraid that it will all come to this. If one man did a better job than the whole company with the IP rights, it will be an embarrasment forever remembered.

YOU HAVE TO STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welp, that killed what little hope I had for it when I heard it was announced.
R.I.P. in peace Samus.

I want to have sex with samus.

You're on Holla Forums. Everyone here has personal problems. Anyone who claims otherwise is either lying or doesn't belong here.

LOTS AND LOTS OF SEX

You know what sucks? If they ever make a Metroid movie won't ever happen but still Samus in her arm,or will be a completely CG character, even though you can do her armor practically. I've seen some killer cosplays of her armor, I can't even imagine what a full budget movie armor would look like. But they'd just cartoon her ass like gollum.

Now how the hell do they resolve this shit? Does that mean Other M is no longer canon? We can only hope.

Other M is 97% non-canon. Here is a quick flesh out of what you can take out of it:

If they hired the crew who did this trailer, it'd work.

Seriously, it's a Sentai suit.

and you need a dude in the suit during the acting since Samus doesn't carry herself like a woman inside the armor and you can't train that OUT of an actress

Call me a faggot, but I never really liked huge tits on Samus. I think a more modest chest suits her better, it's just a shame nobody draws her like that.

Its truly baffling how there was no editor for that game.

That was by far the best Metroid ad.
Bonus boints for accurately depicting the proper game.

Vids related, the commercials for Zero Mission. The country of origin of each ad is in the filename, in case you're wondering.

I still like this theory the most

Really though other M really writes itself if you simply make that Samus was a clone.

Could they really not find a single blonde white girl in the whole of Japan to play her? There must be models that work there, kind of like Joosten.
Also, I don't think the ass autist would be very pleased by this one, there's just nothing there.

Other M happens after Super, the Prime Trilogy happens before Metroid II, so they could just keep ignoring II & Super and follow the story post Prime III.

I want to believe that Other: M makes any sense.
Everything I know leads me instead to believe that Other: M was a recycling of various Metroid tropes, mostly Fusion.
I never understood why the hell Adam shot Samus, but I can imagine Sakamoto's retarded answer.

They have found blondes before. No idea why they changed their mind, nationalism I guess.
Vid related, Supah Meturoido (I thought it was just called "Metroid 3" in Japan).

Oh, I had forgotten the relationship between Alien & Metroid:
[spoiler]
1st one: Protagonist kills some enemies.
2nd one: Protagonist comes back and rescues the baby.
3rd one: Baby dies.
4th one: Protagonist gets her enemy's ADN in her.
[/spoiler]
I guess we needed Ridley Scott making new Alien movies to get new Metroids.

Story is almost entirely a 1:1 retread of Fusion with added elements, up to and including Nightmare, a creature Samus wasn't informed existed until Fusion.

What are the odds that both will be shit? I couldn't take that kind of abuse twice in a row.

>not knowing about spoilers within spoilers

Don't give in to Nintendo's Jewery, it uses the best Varia Suit design.

That's not true, intermediate Metroid fans knew about it since he released the first engine demo around 6 or so years ago. It was just a room with some enemies and all assets ripped from ZM, but I've been following that shit since 2009 and I'm nowhere near being into the romhack scene and didn't get hardcore into Metroid for another year.

if nintendo lets the success from BOTW get to their head theres a high chance these games'll suck dick from bloating like BOTW did

I know.
Somebody said that Samus getting traumatized was something from the manga that Sakamoto liked and forced in Other M.
I wish Sakamoto had died insted of Gunpei Yokoi.

test

Same chances that Star Fox Zero was shit.

One is a horrible looking Metroid 2 remake right? the other is a Prime game not developed by Retro.

Not really, but I can see why they'd do so. I mean, what's worse for your image than being shown up at your own game by some random dude(s) on a shoestring budget?

Hmm, now that I think about it, maybe this is how we get Nintendo to make the games we want.

It could work.

It could work if they didnt outsource to no name companies or make entirely new ones with no experience.

The problem is the fangame is ten times better than the shit Nintendo makes,

Are there people that seriously think that Nintendo saw AM2R, C&D'd it, and then started working on their own version? That Nintendo wasn't already working on their own remake?
Jesus Christ, Samus Returns is out in three months! Nintendo doesn't make games that fucking fast.

I hate when people try to make the Zero Suit look like armor or military fatigues. It's supposed to be a jumpsuit that compresses her figure so she can fit in high-tech armor, damnit!

I think it got pulled off the shelves as soon as AM2R was released. The foundation was there since 20-something but Nintendo were just too lazy to bring it out.

I like that last pic's design, just not for a redesign of Samus

Have you even seen the gameplay video? It is shit.

Other M retcons every single other Metroid game. No joke. At one point it contradicts the established lore of every other game. Sakamoto fucked up big time.

Only at a couple of points, when Baby and then Mother Brain fuck your shit up, do you lose control. But even then you're momentarily stunned and that loss of control adds to the "WTF IS HAPPENING" dread so I give it a pass.

The Mercury Steam devs said they approached Nintendo about doing a Metroid game following the end of their work on Castlevania, and Sakamoto said because he had nothing to do with Metroid 2 when it was first made he'd like to go back and ruin it, I mean "leave his mark on it".

I agree, it's a cool flightsuit design (minus the hockey gear), but it definitely misses the point of the zero-suit.

For Mother Brain, that is true, but you are still able to evade the big Metroid. It is actually a trick done by the speedrunners of the game.

Also, I was in a Metroid thread yesterday, and apparently, Other M is actually not breaking the lore of Metroid 2. I thought that in Metroid 2, it was officially stated that Metroids lose their vulnerability of cold while it actually never gets called out.

I especially love how it even contradicts Fusion, the game it borrows so heavily from.

The manual states that evolved Metroids are only vulnerable to missiles. You can get the ice beam in II, and any Metroid that's not in its base form is indeed immune to it. The ice beam is pretty much useless until the very end, as a result.

its an edit of a luluco gif but with a skullgirls character called filia. you should look up lots of porn of her right now

It seems like they're adding a cold vulnerability for the later stages in this one, which is disappointing because it means the missile management won't matter in this one either.

This. Who the fuck is developing the games? Why wasn't this the first question proposed for this thread?

She's even got the beam for it!

Finally someone realizes the issue of getting all that long hair into the suit. Even Prime first person would probably have hair covering the edges.

I think there was an scan image from Prime that shows her ribcage expanded sideways when using the suit, bringing up the idea of suit warping her body and limb proportions

Well her body literally becomes energy when she assumes the morph ball form, and the power suit itself is stored in the energy in and around her body, because the Chozo had mastered matter to energy conversion, and vice versa. But I still think the idea of a power suit that doesn't actually fit properly is annoying as all fuck.

They nuked it coz it used their assets.

I'm almost sure most sprites were re-drawn, the game only infringes on IP.

samus is a pokemon

I'm also believing that Samus turning into energy to fit inside the armor and its morph ball mode is canon. Same for the armor appearing out of the air over her zero suit. I hate all that.
I prefer going full Iron-Man for her suit; if proportions aren't good then change the armor proportions.

random metroidposting

The fusion commercial was pretty baller.

Holy shit, just make a sequel to Fusion already. Outlaw Samus having to escape from Federation goons in between taking dangerous bounties to genocide some alien scum. The Fusion suit could absorb abilities from new aliens you kill so we progress past the missle/bomb/screwattack/etc line-up and get get some weird powers. Minimal cutscenes only when necessary.
Sakamoto sounded like he had no clue what the fuck he was even talking about at E3. He's probably being forced to supervise this as punishment for being a fucking idiot.

This is a crazy idea but I want to see a new 2D Metroid starring a new type of humanoid Metroid using Samus's DNA. Like if she was a mutant clone of Samus. She has her powersuit fitted with extensions that tap into her Metroid powers.

The SA-X close up was actually surprisingly natural because you lost control when using the elevator anyway, and Samus would move down and then off camera, it was actually handled well and I absolutely agree with such a thing. In Super Metroid you only have those intro and outros which is what I would like to see.

In Zero Mission I think most if not all the cutscenes occured during scene transitions which I am sort of okay with, it depends on when they occur like the SA-X part in Fusion.

I meant 3d as in bolygons not 3d as in depth

I asked this in a previous Metroid thread before Metroid Prime 4 was announced. I never thought we'd get Metroid Prime 4, so maybe now this question is more worthwhile: What are the odds of Metroid Prime 4 featuring ground vehicles for Samus?

you're probably not wrong.

lawl.

bruh, that was a scrapped hunter from Prime Hunters codenamed the Humetroid, a GF test of combining human and metroid DNA.

It's alt mode was to send out the metroid in it's chest.

Fusion was supposed to be the end of the franchise
They're never going to make a sequel to it
I'm sorry

That's pretty nice. Got a link I can order from?

Not likely. Samus never had the need for ground vehicles before. That said I think a mechsuit via FF would be more plausible.

We don't know who the devs are but I'd say no chance, it's not a Metroid thing.

Is you zerious, I knew we'd see it eventually, it really is just an issue of Nintendo having too much games they need to make and not enough studios to make the games.

I mean specifically with Samus's DNA, including the Chozo bits. Sending a metroid out of the chest might be too extreme. That said I can see an entire Metroid game based around syphoning life energy from other bioforms (life energy, not energy via energy tanks for the suit's shields though life energy could be used as a reserve tank).

Why not have some way of switching between the Fusion Suit and the traditional suit?

Maybe something like Ghor's mechsuit from Prime 3, just a much larger and stronger version of Samus's standard suit with all sorts of extra capabilities. It'd be great for boss battles. Maybe her gunship could even transform into it. If they don't want to spend a huge amount of resources developing vehicles, that would be the best option.

You shut your goddamn mouth.

Yeah, I'm serious. I thought Federation Fags was Nintendo's way of covertly killing off the series because they didn't think it had an audience and didn't want to spend money on it, like "Look, everyone hates this game, they must not like Metroid, no more Metroid for you!"

Varia suit or Zero suit?

amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-029634&page=top/search/list?s_keywords=Samus$pagemax=40$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

I wish I wasn't serious. I can see a mech being useful as a temporary aid or a super mode. Something powerful but limited for a short period of time either by fuel supply or ammo. And this will be where a mechanic like Metroid syphoning bio-energy comes to play to extend the super form.

The thing is, the fusion suit is already her power suit that the X grafted on to her body. Hence the name: fusion. She can't live without it now. I think that's right. Feel free to correct me. I don't see why you couldn't have some way of changing it's appearance, though.

Could still happen, but probably not until they're really desperate never. I'm just spit-balling.

By franchise, I mean the end of the story. They can probably make up random bullshit that happened before it, but Fusion is supposed to be the finale.
I could be wrong, though. I thought Metroid was dead as fuck before E3, too.

I'm fine with a mech. I wish /m/ had more posters. I just don't want anything from FF to ever come back.

You can still get pictures of Samus out of her suit as ending rewards in fusion. Of course they could just say those are Samus from before fusion.

The problem with sequels to fusion is going to be that Samus is now a criminal on the run when Nintendo want to portray her as some kind of saturday morning cartoon super hero.

No, federation force was a tech demo for gyro controls and online play for a planned metroid prime game by same developer. And to all of you fags that didn't play it, or just screamed about how it wasn't samus, you killed that.

If federation force had come out with the launch of the 3ds or before other M everyone would have loved it, because on it's own merits it is a genuinely good co-op shooter for a handheld.

Same. Very surprised to see TWO "new" metroid titles, but Prime 4 is likely to just be "Pirates do some crazy shit again" level of reboot. I'll wait and see.

The only redeeming thing about federation force was watching that treehouse guy raging on stream because nobody was doing what he was telling them to do.

What's more is that it was actually in the works at the time for DS, but got pushed back because of development issues. It wasn't a short FUCK YOU to metroid fans, that was garbage like putting the other M suit in monster hunter and smash. Feddie force was an old project that they brought back to have another shooter on 3ds besides kid icarus.

Link where? That game didn't really require high levels of cooperation if you actually had 4 players. Playing with just one other person made the game pretty hard at times, though.

I have a question. Does Metroid have to end with Samus? Sure Samus has the last Metroid's DNA but chances are so does the GF. They wouldn't be that retarded to keep only one batch of Metroid DNA on one ship would they?

There's going to be FF easter eggs in MP4. My gut says so. So sorry about that. That's not to say FF is all bad ideas. I'll have to replay it sometime so you don't have to.

There are pleanty if stories with heros on the run from tge law. Also I would play a game with Samus as sexy queen of the space pirates.

This is a bit confusing as the Metroid series has had multiple composers. Do you mean Kenji Yamamoto? He wasn't the original composer for Metroid 2, or 1 for that matter, but he's done the majority of the games starting with Super.

The suit is actually sexier than Zero Suit Samus.

They could absolutely do a new Metroid game without Samus. It still has be a good Metroid game, though. A lot of people confused the issue in FF. The real problem with FF is it's not a Metroid game, not that Samus isn't the main character.

This is a fact

Treehouse stream from the E3 they announced it. They probably have it on their youtube channel.

Wisdom

That's my thoughts about it. Even if and when Samus grows old and dies there is still Metroid DNA in the GF's secret labs.

I could also see Samus considering raising one of her mutant Metroid clones for herself as a successor. And that could turb out horribly wrong.

Fuck this fucking phone keyboard.

An innovative game for the time, with some unforgiving and tedious mechanics that make it a hard pill to swallow, and not just by today's standards but by NES standards in-general.
Pretty good for an early GameBoy game. Not especially memorable but not bad by any means.
A fucking masterpiece, the pinnacle of the SNES; the Metroidvania genre; and the whole 16-bit era in-general, possibly of 2D games in-general too.
The linear level design and structure is kinda lame, but the tighter movement mechanics and surprisingly tense, almost horror-like atmosphere make this one pretty memorable and worthy of the Metroid name.
Another fucking masterpiece with excellent atmosphere and level design. One of the best 3D action-adventure FPS's even today.
Definitely the best 2D Metroid game next to Super. An excellent remake of a game that was being obliterated by time.
Another amazing game that might even be better than Prime 1 due to its higher difficulty, neat story, and excellent bosses (except for the Boost Guardian, fuck that thing).
Well, it's pinball. Not a bad pinball game but nothing outstanding.
Kind of a piss-poor campaign redeemed somewhat by fun multiplayer and cool character designs.
Takes a somewhat-different approach to narrative in a Metroid game, though it works out pretty well for the most part. Doesn't stand out as much as the first two games but definitely still worth checking out. The motion controls are surprisingly well-done here.
The first really bad Metroid game. Bad story, bad gameplay, bad aesthetic, bad controls, ruined Samus's character, bad bad bad all-around. Skip this one and pretend it's not canon.
An out-of-place spinoff that doesn't feel remotely like a Metroid game. Isn't completely terrible like Other M is but it's definitely not great. Feel free to skip this one.
The over-the-top combat and outsourced developer are a bit of a red flag, but I guess we'll wait and see how this turns out. Couldn't be much worse than the last two games.
Hopefully this one turns out okay. Retro not developing it this time for some Godforsaken reason but it's still being overseen by Tenebe (who doesn't have the cleanest track record himself but he was involved with the development of all three of the other Primes).

is it healthy to want to have sexual relations with a hunk of metal

Nobody cared who she was until she put on the suit.

Ask /m/. The answer is yes.

I'd embrace Samus both inside and out of her power suit. I'd prefer the zero suit for sex, but I can come by rubbing the power suit's thighs.

stop this meme, it was never true.

I'm sure everyone is dying to know about that Japan only limited run PC98 game that sorta did metroid before metroid, but that won't make your opinion correct.

Should mention the more linear nature of Corruption. That is, the way it outright tells you where to go sometimes. Samus, maybe you should return to one of the planets you have previously visited

it's not like the only relevant industry at the time was Japan, and it's not like the master system was a globally available platform or anything :^)

keep believing nintendo's lies.

Yeah, sure, kid.

Joint effort between Nintendo and Mercury Steam

what game are you talking about?
I'm curious.
I thought you were going to mention Xanadu or Pitfall 2 or terrible games like that.

It's Kensuke Tanabe, and it's probably being developed by Haramature studios, the studios founded by key memers of the team that built the first 3 Metroid Prime games, on top of this Tanabe was the fucking Producer for Prime 1-3 and was undoubtedly integral to those games success considering the shit games pushed out by those who left Retro Studios.

Tanabe has a good track record.
Donkey Kong Retro
Prime series

Holy fucking dick shits.

Yet again Fed forces main fault was that it was a spinoff to Metroid Prime, and it's art style, if it came out in the shadow of Prime 4 it would have been much better recieved.

I thought the 3DS Castlevania games were actually semi decent. Not fantastic but as good as a Lords of Shadow spin off could be. Apparently these devs have always wanted to do a metroid game since they opened up shop and got stuck with konami for a bit. I'm hopin they don't fail now that nintendo has given them their time to shine. However personally I sorta wish this went to Next Level games. Nintendo cucked those guys hard with Federation Force

Good point.

Maybe I'm a fag but I never really cared much for the "lore" of Metroid, was always more interested in the gameplay of the games themselves. Should I care? Is there really something there in logs and shit in Prime that I should pay attention too?

Luluco or Filia?

I'd say a 21% chance.

:(

Do you think this will result in more tubes?

Good taste.

No, but it's pretty nice if you like world building.

I found that the Space Pirates are pretty entertaining in their batshit insanity with stupid phazon experiments and how expendable they consider their low level troops

Now this is a real Metroid thread.

Would you have it any other way?

Metroid is a pretty cool guy. He fights aliens and doesn't afraid of anything

Stop right now user. I don't need another of my fetishes being circulated on Holla Forums

Am I the only one who wants a game where Samus meets her combatant equal who uses similar technology and actually gives her a run for her money on bounty hunter work because he/she keeps completing them before her? The games always treat her as the end all savior of the Galaxy. I want a game where she's actually struggling to meet ends with her job because some mysterious asshole keeps doing it better than her. I also want to see a battle where 2 extremely skilled warriors fight in Chozo suits on an abandoned planet

There's the other thing about feddie force: It was a hype builder. They probably already knew that these games were in the works, so they made their little tech demo glorify samus and really impress upon players how absurdly powerful she is, which made all the "why aren't I playing as samus" faggots cry even harder about the spinoff game being a spinoff game.

In feddie force, a 3-4 meter mech carries a single tank of energy and can carry maybe 30 missiles or two powermissiles. It can square off against space pirates on a basically even level, if not being slightly superior. This is the federation's most powerful new weapon, and Samus' firepower dwarfs it. She has equivalent firepower in a small powersuit to a battalion of the federation's armored units, and she has an exponentially higher defensive capability, not only carrying probably battleship grade shields but being much faster to boot. I wonder how fast the speed boost actually gets.

Because she's pretty much a walking god compared to the rest of human tech. They've literally torn her suit apart before and haven't managed to replicate anything close to it, that's the level of advancement chozo had above the rest of the galaxy.

You know there's nothing better than an image touches multiple of your turn ons, user.
Sadly that's the only one involving a power suit that I could find. This is kind of close, though.

I think it was Kenji Yamamoto who is composing the game, and if you're talking about metroid composers you're probably talking about him, he's made most of the iconic themes, not the main theme or Kraids theme though, but most of the good stuff.

SO

Is it pronounced Zeb bess or Zeebs?

Zeb essian space pirate.

I think that's why the idea of somebody else with another Chozo suit would be pretty cool. Because it hasn't been replicated before.

I want Samus being bad a video games to be canon.

ゼーベス

Closer to the former.

You never even played the game, faggot. Feddie force is fine. It's poor reception was kneejerk fan reaction because it wasn't a real metroid game, and Japan never liking metroid games, or first person shooters. Just click my ID, I'm tired of defending it. It's not a real metroid game, it's a party game for metroid fans.

Why are people surprised that Retro isn't making Prime 4 since all the Prime team left Retro?

I don't know, but if this "new and promising team" are the equivalent of Retro at Prime 1, we might actually see a good sequel. However, I do not place faith in nu-Nintendo.

Of Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey fame? Yeah fuck those guys.

Not even out yet you drone.

Ok user.

WE WUZ ENGINEERZ N SHIEEEET

Metroid background setting seems like it would actually be pretty fun for some Sci-Fi Hijinks. Not to mention a lot of similar technology seems to be used in star fox and f-zero, as if they all share the same universe.

He actually moved to japan to work in Nintendo after the Prime series primarily with helping external teams.

The one that sacrificed good dungeon design for "open world"?
The one with the least imaginative world design?
The one with the worst story? (If that shit even counts as that)
nuZelda has brought the cancer upon the Legend of Zelda franchise, it has forgotten the elements that made it "unique".
Thanks to nuZelda, we can expect more empty worlds, mediocre story, because of "muh open world" and "muh crafting" cancer.
C'mon, even the "durability on weapons" is done poorly.
Grabbing weapons from enemies feels like a good way to mix your combat abilities, it's a plus, not a requirement
Grabbing weapons from enemies is a must, because they break just by looking at them.
It feels tedious, it's obligatory, and there's no escape from it.
nuZelda has brought the cancer upon the franchise

I find most people who hate Nintendo on the site haven't touched a Nintendo console in 10+ years.

Just ignore them

Stopped reading there. user, you're just embarrassing yourself.

But yeah, there's no worse blind man than the one who doesn’t want to see.

:^)

Because that goes against the goals set by OP's employers.

Now you're just making things up.

Okay, so you're either a shill or a fanboy. Good luck with nuZelda, make yourself a favor and play the older zelda games (and no, i don't mean Skyward)

This is just sad user.

Gee I wonder what company could possibly be working on Metroid Prime.

they currently have a 50 man team and are only working on a vita port of bloodstained ritual of the night from what I can gather, I think it's either Armature or NST

Armature is an NEWLY FORMED Internal Studio?

That's weird.

Was it a newely formed internal studio, I thought he just said a newely formed team, it's probably NST then, they worked on Hunters, and they are an internal Nintendo development studio.

I was wrong, simply a new development team, I made a poor assumption, my bad.

So we can keep it narrow between NST, Armature, those are the best bets for who is working on it but not a guarantee.

BOTW was hand holding trash. Can't say it enough.

Last (You)

Good. Don't need your shit taste.

Power suit. With the angular sloping shoulders, not the baubles. The only unsuited Samus I need is the reward I get for finishing the game in under 2 hours with 100% completion.

Kenji Yamamoto and Minako Hamano are the composers for Metroid Return of Samus, that said I could kind of feel it with that theme from the trailer, I don't recall hearing that in a Metroid game previously even though I've played them all but Other M and it was definitely fitting.

Also

- Kenji Yamamoto

I don't know what it is about BotW that triggers you autists so much but the only tedious thing here is your repeated talking points, at least play the game and come up with some actual criticisms of it.

Its the title theme of Metorid Prime

They don't even sound alike, I'm talking about the theme that plays right at the start of the trailer.

Unless this isn't the theme to Metroid Prime.

Where did I say that? In any case are you really going to try and make an argument that BOTW is less hand holdy than OoT? It might be better than SS but if that's where your starting from what a fucking low point.

He's just shitposting.

I meant title screen.

BotW: Go kill ganon or something I don't care
OoT: Hey Listen

Still waiting for that argument.

Hard to reply seriously to somebody who refuses to acknowledge an argument.

Keep trying.

Just hide the post guys.

It's not even worth looking at.

Damn, I was kind of interested when you said hand holding because it was a new argument. Turns out you don't even know what hand holding means. Fucking shitposters.

This is reddit tier retardation. Somebody said that the Metroid games would be shit because of Nintendo's track record and faggots like you think that their recent games are anything but. If you don't actually want a discussion then fuck off to another site or hugbox that will accept you.

Exactly what part of making the game a cake walk because of flawed healing items and broken mechanics isn't hand holding? You're seriously going to try and argue semantics when you're wrong? Quit ducking out and actually make a point dipshit.

That still sounds nothing like the theme from the trailer, well it sounds metroid-like.

Nevermind I got confused, about the other guy posting.

What argument, nice thread derailment, produce some good criticisms, right now you've just

Please explain how weapon degredation is an objectively bad system, which you can't, please explain how the micro dungeons are objectively bad, which you can't, please explain how the open world in breath of the wild is poorly designed, which it isn't, then kill yourself, now this you probably can do.

At best you can maybe say that you prefer the larger dungeons in other Zelda games which is a valid opinion and a valid criticism of breath of the wild but doesn't make the game objectively bad, or even diminish the games quality in and of itself.

Also don't actually explain this in a thread about Metroid, it's not about Zelda, you want to talk about Zelda make a thread about it.

I don't mind discussion but retarded shitflinging isn't really what I want.

Dude what

The part where a word has a definition and expectations about the use of that word.

Cake walk != handholding

Nigger you obviously haven't taken on Ganon immediately after leaving the Great Plateau. Don't talk shit.

I didn't even bring up weapon degradation? Again quit making asspulls out of nowhere.

Preference wise and for the fans? It's an incredibly bad decisions. But as far as the actual dungeons they were horribly designed and way to easy without actually any depth to the puzzles or the system. If you want to argue that them being to easy is preferential or just not a problem if the audience is suited towards it then fine. But the actual puzzles themselves were usually nothing more than walking from pont A to point B with very little in between. Usually nothing more than filler. Of every 5 dungeons I went through maybe 1 of them managed to do something unique. And only for a split second. Compare this to prior Zelda's and it's an obvious drop in quality.

Besides enemies scaling to you and doing no damage regardless because how broken the armor in the game is? No guess not.

It's a Nintendo thread discussing wether the new Metroid will be good. If people say that BOTW is good therefore so will Metroid then they're retarded because it's not. If BOTW is any indicator abou how the next metroid game will be it will be overly simplified and retardedly easy. Is that really what you wanted when you were playing Super? Besides that there's a reason that every BOTW thread gets trashed on. It's a bad game and people know it.

I've always been against the hide function. It just allows retards to block things they don't like. The feature is primarily meant for spammers anyway. If the function needs to be used it would most likely be a bannable offense anyway. And I'm just discussing games.

Point to where I said immediately after leaving? Just grind for a few hours for decent items and don't fuck up timing. I guess I can say he's hard because dodge timing is inherently fucked sometimes because of the animations and such but I see people beat him early game all the time. Admittedly it's harder, but with healing items being as plentiful as they are and the gameplay being as easy as it is I don't know how you can think that the game is anything other than childsplay.

It's posts like these remind me that Holla Forums is always wrong.

The game gives you items to make the game so easy it breaks it. It holds your hand in other words. Either you're being an elitist by using a term to fit your argument or you're just baiting to see if people will actually think you're right. In any case what I said is a gigantic issue with the game and makes it unplayable without intentionally limiting yourself. Start by defending your shit taste instead of moving goalposts and not addressing the issue.

The irony is thick with this one.

You said it yourself retard, its a flaw. Hand holding isn't you manually stockpilling healing items using a system that the game never really explains and then manually using them when near death. Handholding is 30min - 1 hour tutorials, it is linear paths with npcs constantly popping up to tell you that this is the path you have to go down, it is walking into a room containing a locked door, a movable block and a switch and a fairy popping up saying 'gee you think these things are releated?' and it is triggering a cutscene on a boss where it spits out a bundle of arrows for you to pick up.

If you were dieing on the previous 3D Zeldas anyway then you were an idiot. BotW is clearly designed to be harder then any previous Zelda barring the first 2. Yes you can exploit the food system or spend hours grinding to upgrade the best armour but using the game that is quite clearly meant to make the series more complex and harder then previous entries is baffling at best and shitposting at worst.

I'm not sure about the new Aeion system, we really need to see what the other abilities are.

In regards to Prime 4 I hope they balance the 'chasing Sylux after they stole the Metroid' and 'returning to Metroid Prime's roots'.

I meant 'but using the game that is quite clearly meant to make the series more complex and harder then previous entries to prove that every Nintendo game from now on is just going to oversimplified and easy is baffling at best and shitposting at worst.'

Yeah, just like how MGS2 was supposed to be the conclusion of the franchise. And then how MGS3 was supposed to be the end "for good, this time". And then how MGS4 was the "LASTEST ONE FO' REAL, YO". And then how Piss Wal-

It's an item that allows you to basically break the game by completely removing any penalty for being hurt. It's hand holding. There's no other word to call it but that.

It's not an "exploit" when it's so fucking simple and easy to do that it essentially breaks the game. And even if it were, congrats. You just admitted the game is easily "exploitable" and broken. And that's just the tip of the shitberg for what breaks the combat. You have to be so fucking far gone to think that BOTW is even near as difficult as OoT alone. Which had enemies that dealt nearly 8 hearts of damage at times and healing items were at the very least limited. I'm not going to call OoT a hard game by any means but you're retarded if you somehow think BOTW was in any way harder.

The combat system is simplified garbage. In older games they at least put some effort to give you move variety to deal with certain enemies. Or let you use items to stun them or made them only die through certain items.

Flawed system, the phrase you have already used to describe

I'm very confused about why you are spending so much time shitting on a game you obviously haven't played by comparing it to games you obviously haven't played.

Anyway I'm out, if I come back in 12 hours and you are still making out that OoT is the most difficult and complex game of all time and BotW is basically cookie clicker game I'm going to laugh at you, just a fair warning. Have fun shitposting.

Well it is that. It's also hand holding. Don't know why you can't just admit this.
You can dodge most bosses and enemies in BOTW. Don't know why you're thinking otherwise if you've played it. Just go look up a playthrough video. And you can stun enemies with deku nuts in OoT as well as not kill certain enemies that were weak to fire or needed a projectile because they were on a wall.

Only a shitposter would make up shit I never said. You're defeating your own argument in your own post so I'm already laughing at you. At the very least this board is free of such shit taste for 12 hours.

Because it doesn't hold your hand. That isn't what hand holding is.

You could be talking about any Zelda here.

You could be talking about BotW here.

Its called hyperbole you muppet.

I decided to come laugh at you before I left. If people with different tastes, people who don't find 3D Zeldas hard or people who actually play games triggers you so much Neofag will probably be more to your liking.

Experience

Perhaps there's a reason that they haven't played nintendo games for 10+ years if they hate them so much

Neofag gave this game a bunch of sloppy blowjobs on release user, I don't know what you're talking about, BOTW is massively overrated.

Maybe in some cases, but usually they don't.

Nigger, are you blind to the fact people said they were interested in a GF spinoff with possible co-op?

got you there, faggot.

Now lets talk about the gameplay.

Now how about dem graphics?

The concept of the GF trying to replicate the powersuit is something that is in the vault of the Prime team.

Shame fed force dropped the ball so hard.

How well would Titanfall 2 and Federation Force combine?

… You might be onto something.

Can you imagine, Samus in Justin Bailey suit blasting away an enemy pilot, and calling in the mech from the picture and as soon as she gets in, getting a grab on another pilot with her grapple beam and smashing the absolute FUCK out of him

Hell yes I can

As opposed to multiple buttons counters in a limited window? That sounds so fun, I bet you like Dark Souls my fellow GAMR!

The thing is, spacing was always a crucial element of the gameplay of Metroid, from super to Prime. You are quite immobile in the first part of the game, requiring you to shoot enemies from afar with a weak power beam. If an enemy comes close, the only way to evade them is by properly spacing yourself, and keeping the ranged advantage. But as soon as you gain power, the beam can be used at closer distances, because of the larger damage. You can come closer, and spacing does not matter anymore because of your higher health and damage reduction. Screw attack is one of the final upgrades, since it renders you nearly invincible at melee range.This melee counter removes that aspect. I do really like the 360* degree freedom though.

He has a good track record, but it's certainly not perfect…

QTE is a strong word. Do you see ANY button prompts during that move, or during Treehouse? No, this is a parry/riposte, and nobody complains about those in Dark Souls because it's an advanced technique, you have to go out of your way to use it. You can still damage enemies without using it, and it'll be the first to go in hard mode. It'll probably be interesting for speedrunners though, to see if you can kill a metroid faster than a parry would.

Just because the concept art makes the power suit skintight, doesn't mean you can fit Samus in the suit in-game. Notice the shoulder pauldrons being much smaller, the lack of the wasp waist, and meatier thighs. The most believable explanation is that she folds her arms inside the suit like , though Nintendo will always say it's space birb magic.

I forgot how linear it was. Now I remember why it was probably the weakest of the trilogy, but it was still a really good game and infinitely better than Other M.

Actually, all the Prime games are extremely linear with almost no room for sequence breaking. The difference is that 1 and 2 don't tell you where to go so it feels less linear.

There were exceptions though, like getting the space jump early by doing a dodge jump on top of the ship in Prime 1.

They actually are, but in that case, other Metroids could also be called "linear" because even in Super Metroid, hell, even the original Metroid, certain areas are completely blocked off unless you have power bomb, missiles, super missiles or morph ball. It is just a matter of how linear the games were.

I feel bad for Federation Force. It could have been a new IP for the 3DS if they just stayed away from the Metroid branding.

That's why I used the "extremely" modifier before linear. In the most recent re-releases the only weapon that can be collected out of order without going outside the map is the Charge Beam in Prime 1. Apparently Tanabe is the reason for that so I've always been a bit skeptical about him.

Yeah it's just like Stark's extremis under armor.

I see. Prime is actually quite linear, but you do have the choice of actually collecting the beam upgrades, so I guess that counts somewhat as "non-linearity".

They still had to fix quite a few issues, but yes, it could have been more successful.

Godbless tryhards like you.

It's pronounced Za Bess.

The beam upgrade are pretty lackluster really. They use a ton of missiles that and no enemies warrant using that kind of firepower when the plasma beam can one-hit most guys anyway. They're also really unreliable against the final boss, which is also its only useful application.

You're a faggot but only because you asked. I agree.

This will always be the best answer.

Metroid: Samus Returns looks like it will be a decent 2D Metroid adventure. From what I see so far I can't imagine it being worse then Fusion. Them talking about exploration and stuff gives me a slight hope, and free aim is good. That said, it's biggest problems:

Either way, while I doubt this game will be perfect this is tiny steps towards the right direction.

You mean original Super Metroid composers. Kenji Yamamoto & Minako Hamano are indeed working on this game. You can hear a Norfair remix in the game for example. Sounds better then the Magmoor Caverns rendition in my opinion.

No, that was Super Metroid.

Prime 2 was the most non-linear prime game I think. I find it odd people complain about the backtracking in a Metroid game.

I actually unironically liked Metroid's sci-fi. It was simple but enjoyable. Only thing I really didn't like was the Prophecy bullshit they tried to push in Prime 1.

I hate how much they are trying to push Sylux but this is likely why they are doing it, he will likely be a rival on her level.

What is Promethus and Alien: Covenant?

Wouldn't be able to see both her hands with Primes X-Ray visor make that not true?

Retro actively removed sequence breaks if they learnt about from them from YouTube videos. I don't think that is even possible in Prime 1 MPT version.

Would have been better if they used the Star Fox brand instead. It can out the same year as SFZ and Guard, so no one would have been as angry over (another) spin off.

I respectfully disagree.

Here's to the new Metroid games being good and MercurySteam making a good game for once

So I want to give Samus Aran an anniversary present because her last one was shit. What should I give her?

I liked the addition of mysticism into the Metroid games, it's part of what gives it its unique flavor. It definitely worked better in the original NTSC logs than in the later PAL logs, where the descriptions were a lot more eloquent and generally cooler.

Except it is. Unless you think that if a game isn't somehow actually holding your hand it's not holding your hand.
No older Zeldas actually made use of a shield. And didn't rely on a single button for the entirety of dodging either.
Except they're entirely useless because of what I already mentioned. Like i said the combat is dumbed down and simplified.
lol
The shit kind? your the one who can't handle being wrong. If anything pleb sites are exactly to your liking.